All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1155 14th St Nw, Washington, DC, 20005, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"great stay"
Nice staff. It was our first time in DC. Everything they recommended was great. Except for the Lincoln Restaurant. It was close by but not that good. Next time we are in DC, we will stay at the Donavon...
3 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
J. Keith
"Extra Charges, but fantastic none the less"
The staff was incredibly nice and giving. However it had a bunch of extra charges, like breakfast, parking, internet. To me, I was just surprised: those things were normally complementary where I've stayed. Overall, great! Close to everything a tourist wants to see.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Alex
Good. The Hotel is well located, nice view from the room, staff very pleasant and helpful. For anything you ask, they go the extra mile. I would have appreciate though, to find the restaurant or a snack bar opened late after over 10 hours traveling. Especially if you don't really know the city and need to face to winter cold, it is hard to get something to eat past 10.00 pm. But all in all, it's a really good place and definitely, will return.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Very modern hotel , clean , perfect staff, good view.. The only problem is that the hotel 40 minuts away walking from m street
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
"Good but not great"
We arrived and our room wasn't ready at 4pm. They gave us vouchers for free drink and breakfast at restaurant. The room was on top floor except next to elevator. All day/night we had to hear elevator going up and down. Annoying!!
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Loved everything yet disappointed."
Everything was great except the breakfast room service left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm sorry but on a $21 order, charging a $5.00 delivery plus a pre-charged $4.68 gratuity is over the top. Yes, that's 46%, and not giving me control over gratuity is just bad business style. No coffee in room tilted me to order room service vs go hunting for coffee. Get with it, Kimpton. Stop acting like a big chain.
1 night business trip Nov 24, 2014
Perry
"Fantastic staff and great location"
My brief stay at Donovan house was a very pleasant surprise. I moved from Hotel Rouge up the street and my preference was Donovan due to decor. Staff at both Kimpton hotels were excellent and better than what you would expect at a top 5 star hotel.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Nice and new, but needs improvement."
Shiny new hotel with clean, comfortable room (though toilet seat was not fully attached). Main complaint was that food cooking smells were piped into my room. I went to bed with greazy steak smells, and woke up to bacon and eggs cooking (good thing I'm not a vegetarian!). Strange, given that I was on the 28th floor! Additional problems include slow check-in (new staff, new procedures - that should improve with time) and slow elevator response - there are only 3 elevators for 50 floors (this will only get worse as the hotel fills up). Bar is not open yet.
2 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
Kenneth A
"Needs a refresh, especially at $450 + per night"
Note: This feedback is in the context of a room rate of over $450/night. My stay was comfortable, but overall the property could use a refresh and a refocus on the little things that make a big difference. For example, please revert back to the more luxurious small amenities that I loved about Kimpton Hotels (i.e., higher end shampoos and lotions, a new hairdryer (the one I used had seen better days), gourmet snacks instead of generic gummy bears). I ordered in Irish oatmeal with agave and fresh seasonal fruit, but got brown sugar with one pale strawberry. The bottom sheet was not fully tucked in around the bed. A bigger issue for me was when I asked to get something out of my bag that was being held by the porter. Instead of bringing the bag to me, he took me back to an unlocked back room and left me there. I easily could have walked away with someone else's bag. I would have been concerned about my luggage if I was not waiting in the lobby, near the front door, for my room. That said, the rooms and front desk staff were pleasant. The rooftop pool looked nice and I probably would have enjoyed the poolside cocktail lounge if it were open. If you are looking for a quiet stay during pool season, I suggest avoiding rooms on the 14th floor because I imagine it would be loud with people heading to and from the rooftop pool lounge (advertised to the general public) at night. But if you are there to party, the 14th floor might be a fun option.
"Unfriendly front desk staff"
Needed to sent important time sensitive work email when my computer charger broke and computer was dead...long story short I called the front desk and my request for a new charger was ignored. Clean room, useless and unaccomadating staff.
"Great location!"
I stayed over a weekend and I had a good experience. It's a quaint hotel, a lot smaller than their pictures led on. I liked that my room was very clean and the staff very friendly. The hotel is walking distance from all the major attractions. The amenities and furniture are somewhat cheap. There is a cvs conveniently across the street so you can pick up whatever you need. The elevator does take a while but it's not as bad as some of the comments I've read. The walls are thin so bring some earplugs because the rooftop plays loud music and the room doors slam very loudly in the middle of the night.
Caroline
"Meh- compared to other Kimpton properties"
This experience was lackluster compared to my experiences at other Kimpton properties. Very few of the Kimpton touches that abound at other properties
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
A
"Great stay at the Donovan:)"
We had a wonderful time. The rooftop bar is everything. The customer service was great!!
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
Rush
"Great, Modern hotel"
found some old jelly beans from the previous stay near the bed, other than that was great.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"Donovan house"
I really loved the hotel but wen i checked in i was giving a key to use for a mini bar that was suppose to be in my room , there was nothing in my room as far as snacks and beverages was concerned i told the front desk , they just requested the key back. Could have received more money if i woulda had a fridge .
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"Good stay for a weekend"
Overall, nice hotel and really good service. But, we had booked a room with street view, when we came we got a room with backyard view. We arrived late so we didn´t have energy to change that late. When we were going to sleep we found out there was a very noisy fan outside our window on the backyard. I had really big problem to fall a sleep. Next day we changed room. So, if you are going to stay here, avoid the rooms with backyard view!! Except the fan, a really good place to stay over a weekend and good location in the middle of everything.
2 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Alexander
"Not Average!"
Terrific boutique hotel. Use the f Red bike to tool around the Sites. Wine reception with sushi bites. Aromatherapy candles in the lobby. Cool roof pool and mini lounge.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
"A good experience overall."
Excellent overall. Areas for improvement include the weak WiFi in the room, including the desk. Also, the "free WiFi" came at the cost of entering e-mail contact information and signing up with them online promotions online.
4 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
"Beautiful hotel with only minor concerns"
This is a beautiful hotel, centrally located in DC, with very modern decor and exceptionally nice staff. I highly recommend it. The only issue I have with the hotel is that I told the front desk person upon checking in that I was part of the Kimpton loyalty program and she didn't respond other than to nod and finish the reservation. I was able to use the wifi for free (a good perk) but was told upon checkout by a different reservation desk person that the $10 minibar credit didn't apply to me since I booked through a third party web site. She did credit me for the small amount I used. Parking is also very expensive, but not that unexpected given the location.
2 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
excellent, helpful staff Location great .... a little hard to find
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"Wonderful experience"
It was without doubt one of the most enjoyayable stays I have ever had at a hotel. Your front desk staff in particular were extremely helpful, accomodating and did everything with a smile, grace and charm. It was an absolutebpleasure and delightnto deal with them.
4 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
Nicholas
"Great location, Excellent Service"
The hotel was trendy and very modern. The staff is impeccable. The wine hour appeared to be well attended. Room service was magnificent.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Steel Magnolia
"Boutique Work Experience"
It was a pleasant surprise to walk in the door and see friendly faces and personalized service to welcome me. Great tips for dining in the restaurant and for taking advantage of the hotel amenities. The lobby décor was great; the rooms were a little dated but clean and comfortable. It was a great place to unwind at night, but also easy to work. The charging station in the desk was fantastic. Elevators are slow. Location was an easy walk to the White House, restaurants, and other attractions.
3 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
"Hôtel ok for 1 or 2 days"
No shower on swimming pool Omelette horrible on breakfast
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
stephane
"Nice place to stay."
Our room was quite comfortable. We did have issue with the lighting though. If one had to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom the light there would illuminate the whole room. My Mom of 83 years old also found that the shower was slick when wet. I also thought that the charge of $106 to park my car for 2 days at their hotel was a lot excessive. The staff was amazingly friendly and helpful.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
Nicki
"clean, comfy, complimentary wine - It's a YES!"
Great place to say in DC. The only 2 negatives were: no in room coffee (but it was complimentary in the lobby) and no ice machine on floors (they brought it up when you called). There was a complimentary wine hour from 5-6 daily that we really enjoyed. Our room was spacious, comfy, and quiet. The rooftop bar was a popular locals stop after work.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
The Thompsens
"Stylish Modern Hotel - Friendly Reception"
Room 410 - Is an awesome room - it's very level to view of Thomas Circle, very nice view I thought. Con is that rooms door lock is weird. It takes some jimming to open it. Hopefully they will fix it soon. Other than that - friendly staff, updated and modern room with modern amenities and styling. Location is central to other dining and transportation. Restaurant on site is nice and the staff is attentative.
5 night business trip Sep 22, 2014
Sandra
"A midwest traveler"
I'm from the midwest and was a bit concerned how i would fit in with the modern, hip description of the hotel. However, the staff was very helpful and friendly, and I met a wide range of friendly people during the free wine tasting, which is very casual. I am not a wine connoisseur by any means, and felt very comfortable.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
"HIGH PRICE - LOW QUALITY"
During my stay I experienced the following: 1. My deadbolt would not latch. 2. My bed was rock hard (housekeeping brought up a thin mattress pad the second day which made it somewhat more comfortable but still very hard. 3. My sink Never drained. 4. A spider was dangling from my bathroom light switch my first morning there. 5. Housekeeping left their cleaning cloth on my nightstand. 6. Washcloths were not replenished. I will not be staying here again. Too pricey for such lack of comfort and poor quality.
3 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
Karen V.
"Just amazing"
This hotel is truly a 4 star hotel. I couldn't believe how amazing it was for the price. The staff were incredible. They did not give me the slightest bit of grief for holding my bags when I checked out, they let me use the hotel bike ( after check out (!!!!)). The staff were so so so helpful. I was given a map, book, and restaurant locations upon checking in. The desk manager noticed I was looking at a map in the lobby and asked if he could help me.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Antenna Creek
"Even better since it became a Kimpton"
I've stayed here a number of times over the past 10 years. I've always enjoyed my stay, but the most recent was also the best. The service and room quality are even better now that the hotel is part of the Kimpton chain. The restaurant, Zentan, is superb.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Frequent traveller
"New favorite DC hotel"
I love this hotel - so clean, so stylish, great staff. The rooftop bar is the best & the location can't be beat. My only possible "warning" to others is that the beds are quite hard. For me it was great, but if you want a fluffy, pillow-top mattress, you may want to think twice before booking here! Can't wait to come back.
2 night business trip Sep 3, 2014
"Donovan house Washington D.C."
We Spent 2 nights in this hotel which is in a good downtown location. The hotel staff was very accommodating. Enjoyed the complimentary wine tasting in lobby. The décor is unique and cosmopolitan with an Asian flair. Safe walking distance to restaurants.The negative .. our room was made up the day after our arrival, Sunday @ 6:30 pm (late in the day) which I thought was odd and we were checking out the next morning That evening after dinner, a member of our group discovered her jewelry bag containing two sentimental necklaces was missing from the desk top. We searched the room thoroughly as well as our belongingss before filing a complaint with front desk and management. Recommend using the safe in your closet and do not leave anything of value in sight .Management was informed as well as a police report filed. Unfortunately this incident was quite upsetting and put a damper on the beginning of our vacation.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
R
Felicia at front desk is the best. Warm and inviting...
1 night business trip Aug 26, 2014
"Hotel staff 5 star /hotel facilities 3 star"
I booked this hotel as part of Expedia's unpublished rate offer, where the name of the hotel is not identified until after you complete your purchase. The hotel is rated as a 4 four star and I am sure at one time it was but it doesn't appear that the hotel has been kept up. In the room I stayed in caulking around the shower was sloppy - smears and streaks, water stains and cracks in vanity, floor in the elevators were cracked, and lastly the hotel staff used the guest elevators to transport the bins of towels and other items used to clean the room. On a brighter side, the hotel staff were very attentive and friendly. I also like that you must use your hotel key to access your floor HOWEVER I did see a hotel staff person select 2 floors on the elevator key pad as a way of overriding not having a hotel key to access a floor..... so much for feeling secure.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
FDMartin
"I love the Kimpton Brand...but"
I'll just jump to the issues. First, this property seems to have been designed on a motif or theme that the designers didn't actually experience themselves and therefore, the accommodations are just not functional. Examples: the nautilus-shaped shower is quirky at best. It looks cool, but frankly doesn't function very well. Ergonomically it's hard to get in and out of. The water pressure was terrible, it felt more like a light rain in the shower or a drizzle rather than a real shower. The fact that the shower head was directly overhead the light water pressure made the shower experience quite unpleasureable. The chairs in the room looked cool, but that's about the extent of their function. They were actually quite uncomfortable to sit in. That also goes for the cool looking retro style chairs in the lobby. The bed was quite comfortable, but the pillows were so insubstantial and non-supportive they were useless in their function of supporting my head or the head of my partners. When we asked for more firm pillows, there was only one firm pillow IN THE ENTIRE PROPERTY....sad. There are many more examples I could give, but I'm running out of character space. The pool for example was a huge let-down. It's only open during business hours. What if you're there on business and want to relax after the business day? Can't do it. Sad....
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Perry
"Glad I had a good rate"
A cab driver told me this used to be a Holiday Inn, I can totally see that. When I arrived it was really busy, there was 1 bellhop who also may have been valeting cars (line too long to check in and it still took a good bit of time to just drop my bag). When I did check in I was told the rooftop pool (one of the main reasons I was staying there) was closed for the day, as was the restaurant, due to a private event. No alternative was offered like access to a partner hotel or gym facility. I don't think the pool/roof situation is clearly communicated because the next day I went to check it out and so did a lady with her child who was turned away because at 5pm the rooftop pool becomes a 21+ bar scene (and the pool is actually closed). Room was small but the TV was nice and the shower was cool. The bed wasn't very comfortable though and I was unimpressed with housekeeping (didn't replace glasses, missed a dirty towel). They seemed to literally just make the bed and replace toiletries. I was there for work and spent little time at the hotel, so it was fine (location is good). I won't stay there again though.
2 night trip Aug 18, 2014
"Don't go for the pool"
They close the rooftop pool at 5 PM and open it up to the public as a bar. Very disappointing for your children if they expect the pool
2 night business trip Aug 13, 2014
"Great Hotel, Great Experience"
I've stayed at many hotels in my lifetime and never have I had such an experience. The room was awesome with a great view and plenty of space. The staff setup a nice "happy birthday" tray in our room for my son who turned six during our stay, and they put goldfish in our room! The pool on top of the hotel is a great way to escape the heat. The entire staff as not only cordial, but helpful. Can't recommend this place enough.
5 night family trip Aug 6, 2014
"Fine hotel, terrible room."
I thought the hotel and the stuff were very nice. The room was well appointed, although the ceilings are probably about 6'7". Unfortunately, the suites, which all face the back of the building are extremely noisy due to outside HVAC units, which are the equivalent of a small Boeing plane. This was even more disappointing because we booked in advance and requested specifically a quiet room. We were first placed on 14th floor and had the pleasure of the noise emanating from the roof units. They do get louder at night. The staff was suitably apologetic, but firm in their determination not to move us till next day. We were given a bottle of sparkling wine for the trouble, which is why I rate the service higher. The next day we were moved to the fourth floor only to enjoy the same noise from the HVAC units on the third floor roof right underneath our windows. The noise is really a substantial nuisance. Given that we asked for a quiet room in advance and reserved a suite, I expected someone to tell us that no such suite was available or at least tell us about the noise. This was a special trip that we planned and we were sorely disappointed.
2 night trip Aug 4, 2014
"Walking distance to The White House, The Mall, etc"
The restaurant attached to the hotel is amazing - great food, cocktails and service! The pool was beautiful, but sadly, closed for a private event on one of our days...
3 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Randi
"Great Pool if you can use it"
I feel if they are going to rent out the pool for parties, then the paying guests should be aware they will be unable to use it. We specifically choose a hotel with a pool for our child to have fun in. He was unable to do that, making his stay there unpleasant. We will not return to this hotel in the future.
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
Hammond
"Bad rooms"
they tried to push us a bad room next to the swiming pool that was noisy and dirty. Do not go any room on the 14th floor. The hotel was full of kids that made allot of noise!
Oren
"Business Owner"
Loved it great service
2 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
Theodore Crawford
Housekeeping was NOT good. No coffee or ice available without room service.Could NOT get Fox News on room television. Had trouble connecting to wifi. Room noisy with road traffic.
3 night romance trip Jul 9, 2014
Jim Campbell
"Modern hotel"
The stay started off strangely because they gave me a key to someone else's room. They quickly made the change and gave me a bowl of fruit and a BIG apology. They have an hour free happy hour each day with two choices of wine and a nice snack! Location is ideal for DC tourists!
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
cm
"Front desk person (Brittany) was amazing!"
We traveled for a work conference during our one year wedding anniversary. Brittany made sure that we enjoyed every moment away from the conference in style by sending us a cheese and fruit plate, wine and more. She was fantastic and made the trip memorable. The hotel itself is adorable and the room was magnificent.
4 night business trip Jun 26, 2014
Deirdre Franklin
Excellent hotel, great location. Had a room with a great view of Thomas square. Would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"It was a very pleasant experience ."
We were very pleased with our experience including valet service, help with our luggage and information from the desk staff. The room was clean, odorless and aesthetically pleasing wIth comfortable bedding.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Nice hotel in downtown Washington"
Very nice hotel, close to restaurants and Metro in downtown Washington. Very quiet and comfortable. Nice happy hour every evening. Great rooftop bar/pool.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014