All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
1155 14th St Nw, Washington, DC, 20005, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Cozy Boutique Hotel"
Within walking distance of the convention center and restaurants, nice view if you're on a higher floor, cozy and chic rooms!
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Sam
"Overnight stay"
Perfect!
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"cute and quaint..."
Gorgeous hotel... Wasn't impressed with the shower... The floors were cold and wet once I got out... The room view ducked... The actual staff were awesome...
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
LaShanna
"good value"
Convenient location and friendly staff
1 night family trip Jan 18, 2015
Annette
"Great look, underwhelming service."
The hotel itself was great. Free wine tasting when I got their, very modern look and I enjoyed the ambiance in the room. Drawbacks: parking is 45 bucks, my room wasn't ready when I got there around 6 o clock, and their is no ice. I had to call down to have room service bring ice to my room which never arrived.
1 night trip Jan 17, 2015
Dexter
"Average and NOT great by any means..."
If you are planning on eating at the hotel's restaurant, please make sure that you are either NOT hungry or have about 250 dollars a person to spare. Their portions are ridiculously small even for European standards. I am also 5 feet 11 inches and weigh 168 pounds. While I understand that the theme is Asian infused nouvelle cuisine, there's no justifiable reason my partner and I were left hungry after spending 137 dollars in just food items (no drinks included in this tab). The hotel itself is okay but nothing wow. It claims to be newly renovated but the term newly has been loosely applied. I would not return as I was not impressed. Plenty of far superior places to stay and dine in DC!
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
UNIMPRESSED
"Great hotel in a great location!"
This hotel is perfectly located in downtown DC. We were disappointed that when we checked in our room was not ready, but we were in time for complimentary wine hour in the lobby so we enjoyed ourselves there until our room was ready for us to go upstairs. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms are very comfortable!
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Great stay, great staff, room is better looking in person. The bar closed early and a little stingy on the washclothes but overall excellent.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Joshua
"More than pleased..."
Great hotel and great space! Very accomodating staff. Fantastic restaurant in the lobby.
1 night trip Jan 6, 2015
"Great hotel close to everything"
An impressive hotel. The room was very comfortable and spacious. Loved the design snd colours tok. The shower was funky looking and user friendly too. Loved that they had a happy hour in the lobby, the hot cider with a shot went down really well after some really cold temps outside.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Nicolr
"A great experience"
We spent a week at the Donovan House at the beginning of January 2015. On arrival the reception staff were warm, welcoming and very efficient - absolutely top class. Our room was spacious, well equipped, clean and comfortable. This is a boutique hotel so dining options, etc., are limited; however there are many restaurants and cafes within walking distance.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
Ian
Excellant location. Not your "ordinary" hotel! Loved the lobby decor as well as the nightly meet and great over wine
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"Perfect for a girls weekend and time with your boo"
The hotel was so nice and dinner there was so lovely. My only complaint is that it took forever for room service to accommodate our needs. Literally took 1 1/2 hours to recieve ice and a menus to order food, that we eventually left the hotel to get food else where. Other than that, this place was amazing.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
melanie
"New Year's Eve Stay"
I expected more staying at the Donovan House. Location is great and the staff was nice. They even have a nice free happy hour from 5-6 that included sushi, but overall wasn't too pleased with the hotel. Outside of the lobby, it looks as if it's an old hotel that one simply applied new paint too. Room's are small, but I've seen worse. TV was big, but HBO and the remote weren't completely working. The room doesn't have a coffee maker (called and got one) and if you want ice, you have to call for them to bring. That takes a fair amount of time, as we actually ordered a pizza from a local restaurant and it arrived before the ice. I will hang out at the Donovan again (happy hour, rooftop), but not stay there.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Phil
"Wonderful"
Great!
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2014
Nicole
"great place"
great location and nice hotel... i am very impresssed
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Anniversary night Donovan style."
Stay was nice - room was fairly cozy. Told concierge the stay was for my girlfriend and my 2nd anniversary and they had champagne on ice waiting for us. Bed was a bit hard and the shower water pressure was laughable - probably could have washed faster out of the sink but all in all the Donovan House was a very nice stay.
1 night romance trip Dec 16, 2014
Anthony
"Donovan House Stay"
Bed is uncomfortably firm. As in many places in DC, there is a lot of street noise that is heard from the room. Hotel staff and service were great. The rooms are well appointed and clean.
2 night business trip Dec 15, 2014
Gregory
Staff were great. Hotel is very cute luxurious boutique hotel. Room service in the AM does not start until 7am which I find pretty late for a work week!
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
Zarmin
All the staff was nice. Free wine between 5-6 pm. Great experience.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Overall, great, clean, modern hotel with friendly staff and great loaction.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
AV
"Would stay again, but needs better drain in the tub."
Surprised my boyfriend with a hotel stay. I live in DC but I wanted to stay here because of the soaking tub in the Premier King Room-- it didn't dissapoint! He is almost 6'5" & he had plenty of room to soak while I showered in the amazinggggg shower. The wine happy hour was great! The Christmas decor in the lobby by the fireplace was really nice. Complimentary coffee & tea. The only issue we had was the tub was hard to drain. Took us 4 tries to get the water to fully drain. I loved the view of Thomas Circle. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
"great stay"
Nice staff. It was our first time in DC. Everything they recommended was great. Except for the Lincoln Restaurant. It was close by but not that good. Next time we are in DC, we will stay at the Donavon...
3 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
J. Keith
"Extra Charges, but fantastic none the less"
The staff was incredibly nice and giving. However it had a bunch of extra charges, like breakfast, parking, internet. To me, I was just surprised: those things were normally complementary where I've stayed. Overall, great! Close to everything a tourist wants to see.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Alex
Good. The Hotel is well located, nice view from the room, staff very pleasant and helpful. For anything you ask, they go the extra mile. I would have appreciate though, to find the restaurant or a snack bar opened late after over 10 hours traveling. Especially if you don't really know the city and need to face to winter cold, it is hard to get something to eat past 10.00 pm. But all in all, it's a really good place and definitely, will return.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Very modern hotel , clean , perfect staff, good view.. The only problem is that the hotel 40 minuts away walking from m street
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
"Good but not great"
We arrived and our room wasn't ready at 4pm. They gave us vouchers for free drink and breakfast at restaurant. The room was on top floor except next to elevator. All day/night we had to hear elevator going up and down. Annoying!!
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Loved everything yet disappointed."
Everything was great except the breakfast room service left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm sorry but on a $21 order, charging a $5.00 delivery plus a pre-charged $4.68 gratuity is over the top. Yes, that's 46%, and not giving me control over gratuity is just bad business style. No coffee in room tilted me to order room service vs go hunting for coffee. Get with it, Kimpton. Stop acting like a big chain.
1 night business trip Nov 24, 2014
Perry
"Fantastic staff and great location"
My brief stay at Donovan house was a very pleasant surprise. I moved from Hotel Rouge up the street and my preference was Donovan due to decor. Staff at both Kimpton hotels were excellent and better than what you would expect at a top 5 star hotel.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Nice and new, but needs improvement."
Shiny new hotel with clean, comfortable room (though toilet seat was not fully attached). Main complaint was that food cooking smells were piped into my room. I went to bed with greazy steak smells, and woke up to bacon and eggs cooking (good thing I'm not a vegetarian!). Strange, given that I was on the 28th floor! Additional problems include slow check-in (new staff, new procedures - that should improve with time) and slow elevator response - there are only 3 elevators for 50 floors (this will only get worse as the hotel fills up). Bar is not open yet.
2 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
Kenneth A
"Needs a refresh, especially at $450 + per night"
Note: This feedback is in the context of a room rate of over $450/night. My stay was comfortable, but overall the property could use a refresh and a refocus on the little things that make a big difference. For example, please revert back to the more luxurious small amenities that I loved about Kimpton Hotels (i.e., higher end shampoos and lotions, a new hairdryer (the one I used had seen better days), gourmet snacks instead of generic gummy bears). I ordered in Irish oatmeal with agave and fresh seasonal fruit, but got brown sugar with one pale strawberry. The bottom sheet was not fully tucked in around the bed. A bigger issue for me was when I asked to get something out of my bag that was being held by the porter. Instead of bringing the bag to me, he took me back to an unlocked back room and left me there. I easily could have walked away with someone else's bag. I would have been concerned about my luggage if I was not waiting in the lobby, near the front door, for my room. That said, the rooms and front desk staff were pleasant. The rooftop pool looked nice and I probably would have enjoyed the poolside cocktail lounge if it were open. If you are looking for a quiet stay during pool season, I suggest avoiding rooms on the 14th floor because I imagine it would be loud with people heading to and from the rooftop pool lounge (advertised to the general public) at night. But if you are there to party, the 14th floor might be a fun option.
"Unfriendly front desk staff"
Needed to sent important time sensitive work email when my computer charger broke and computer was dead...long story short I called the front desk and my request for a new charger was ignored. Clean room, useless and unaccomadating staff.
"Great location!"
I stayed over a weekend and I had a good experience. It's a quaint hotel, a lot smaller than their pictures led on. I liked that my room was very clean and the staff very friendly. The hotel is walking distance from all the major attractions. The amenities and furniture are somewhat cheap. There is a cvs conveniently across the street so you can pick up whatever you need. The elevator does take a while but it's not as bad as some of the comments I've read. The walls are thin so bring some earplugs because the rooftop plays loud music and the room doors slam very loudly in the middle of the night.
Caroline
"Meh- compared to other Kimpton properties"
This experience was lackluster compared to my experiences at other Kimpton properties. Very few of the Kimpton touches that abound at other properties
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
A
"Great stay at the Donovan:)"
We had a wonderful time. The rooftop bar is everything. The customer service was great!!
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
Rush
"Great, Modern hotel"
found some old jelly beans from the previous stay near the bed, other than that was great.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"Donovan house"
I really loved the hotel but wen i checked in i was giving a key to use for a mini bar that was suppose to be in my room , there was nothing in my room as far as snacks and beverages was concerned i told the front desk , they just requested the key back. Could have received more money if i woulda had a fridge .
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"Good stay for a weekend"
Overall, nice hotel and really good service. But, we had booked a room with street view, when we came we got a room with backyard view. We arrived late so we didn´t have energy to change that late. When we were going to sleep we found out there was a very noisy fan outside our window on the backyard. I had really big problem to fall a sleep. Next day we changed room. So, if you are going to stay here, avoid the rooms with backyard view!! Except the fan, a really good place to stay over a weekend and good location in the middle of everything.
2 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Alexander
"Not Average!"
Terrific boutique hotel. Use the f Red bike to tool around the Sites. Wine reception with sushi bites. Aromatherapy candles in the lobby. Cool roof pool and mini lounge.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
"A good experience overall."
Excellent overall. Areas for improvement include the weak WiFi in the room, including the desk. Also, the "free WiFi" came at the cost of entering e-mail contact information and signing up with them online promotions online.
4 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
"Beautiful hotel with only minor concerns"
This is a beautiful hotel, centrally located in DC, with very modern decor and exceptionally nice staff. I highly recommend it. The only issue I have with the hotel is that I told the front desk person upon checking in that I was part of the Kimpton loyalty program and she didn't respond other than to nod and finish the reservation. I was able to use the wifi for free (a good perk) but was told upon checkout by a different reservation desk person that the $10 minibar credit didn't apply to me since I booked through a third party web site. She did credit me for the small amount I used. Parking is also very expensive, but not that unexpected given the location.
2 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
excellent, helpful staff Location great .... a little hard to find
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"Wonderful experience"
It was without doubt one of the most enjoyayable stays I have ever had at a hotel. Your front desk staff in particular were extremely helpful, accomodating and did everything with a smile, grace and charm. It was an absolutebpleasure and delightnto deal with them.
4 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
Nicholas
"Great location, Excellent Service"
The hotel was trendy and very modern. The staff is impeccable. The wine hour appeared to be well attended. Room service was magnificent.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Steel Magnolia
"Boutique Work Experience"
It was a pleasant surprise to walk in the door and see friendly faces and personalized service to welcome me. Great tips for dining in the restaurant and for taking advantage of the hotel amenities. The lobby décor was great; the rooms were a little dated but clean and comfortable. It was a great place to unwind at night, but also easy to work. The charging station in the desk was fantastic. Elevators are slow. Location was an easy walk to the White House, restaurants, and other attractions.
3 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
"Hôtel ok for 1 or 2 days"
No shower on swimming pool Omelette horrible on breakfast
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
stephane
"Nice place to stay."
Our room was quite comfortable. We did have issue with the lighting though. If one had to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom the light there would illuminate the whole room. My Mom of 83 years old also found that the shower was slick when wet. I also thought that the charge of $106 to park my car for 2 days at their hotel was a lot excessive. The staff was amazingly friendly and helpful.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
Nicki
"clean, comfy, complimentary wine - It's a YES!"
Great place to say in DC. The only 2 negatives were: no in room coffee (but it was complimentary in the lobby) and no ice machine on floors (they brought it up when you called). There was a complimentary wine hour from 5-6 daily that we really enjoyed. Our room was spacious, comfy, and quiet. The rooftop bar was a popular locals stop after work.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
The Thompsens
"Stylish Modern Hotel - Friendly Reception"
Room 410 - Is an awesome room - it's very level to view of Thomas Circle, very nice view I thought. Con is that rooms door lock is weird. It takes some jimming to open it. Hopefully they will fix it soon. Other than that - friendly staff, updated and modern room with modern amenities and styling. Location is central to other dining and transportation. Restaurant on site is nice and the staff is attentative.
5 night business trip Sep 22, 2014
Sandra
"A midwest traveler"
I'm from the midwest and was a bit concerned how i would fit in with the modern, hip description of the hotel. However, the staff was very helpful and friendly, and I met a wide range of friendly people during the free wine tasting, which is very casual. I am not a wine connoisseur by any means, and felt very comfortable.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014