All hotels in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Location is ok
    Poor vibe
"Great staff and views, but not the best location.."
The staff really tries hard here and they were appreciated. I wasn't really in love with the location...you'll need an $8 ride to get anywhere from the local taxi cartel. The hotel design and decor was a bit odd. The lobby is nice and definitely a highlight. Rooms are kind of odd. Our bathroom design was a bit dated and not really what I expected. Well-run facility, but there are better choices in Manuel Antonio.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"Service Starts at Check In"
I requested a 2 bed room for my son and I and after a couple of minutes of delay at check in, was told only King rooms were left. So they added a queen bed to a king room. It worked for us but service at check in dampened the mood for our one night stay. It's a great property, location, and views and the Bat Cave Bar is really cool. The parking situation is ridiculous if you rent a car. Steep driveway and maybe 7 parking spots. Had to back down a very steep hill to get out.
1 night trip Mar 4, 2014
Anthony
"Amazing View"
You will not find a better view in all of Costa Rica from this hotel.
3 night trip Feb 19, 2014
"Royal treatment!"
Our stay at la mansion inn was filled with friendly staff who made us feel right at home. Our group stayed in four different rooms and each room had it charms, room 26 was big and had the the best view. Room 12 was spacious enough for 4 people with a Murphy bed in a separate areas and a huge bathroom. Most rooms have a jacuzzi tub with shower. and the views of Manuel Antonio were incredible. The pool area has two hot tubs and a swim up bar where we had nice conversations with Marvin and Chris the two bartenders. Our breakfast was included but we also enjoyed lunches and dinners which were delicious and reasonably priced. They have a shuttle to Manuel Antonio park and beach. But there was another more private beach, baisanz which had good snorkeling and kayaks which you could rent. And it was a ten minute away.
2 night trip Feb 8, 2014
Patty
"5 Star View 2 Star amenities"
The surrounding location was BEAUTIFUL. The staff and service were AMAZING, accommodating whatever we could even think to desire. They just do not have the infrastructure to really be a 5 star location. It needs some maintenance and maybe a makeover.
4 night romance trip Jan 4, 2014
"A room with a view"
Overall we loved our stay at La Mansion. The room was well-appointed with a gorgeous bed, chandelier and nice furnishings. The view of the ocean from our balcony was breathtaking. Breakfasts were really good, and the serving staff accomodating (Chris especially so). We enjoyed the pool and the bartender their provided for us very nicely. Monkeys stealing fruit were a pleasant surprise. The welcome and hotel tour are a nice touch. Interesting bat cave bar!
Other trip Jan 19, 2014
nature lovers
"Amazing views and great staff"
My wife and I stayed at La Mansion for a week on our honeymoon. I have nothing but great things to say about the staff, room, food and amenities. The staff definitely went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable. To split hairs and find some negative, the food and drinks are a bit pricey, so if you are traveling on a tight budget I would recommend eating/drinking elsewhere. But with a great breakfast included every day, you can certainly be budget conscious and still stay at this amazing inn.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
Cameron
"Lovely hotel with a great staff."
We really enjoyed our stay at La Mansion. The staff was very kind, friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable and had a lovely balcony with a great view. It was the perfect place for breakfast. The food was delicious (breakfast and dinner) and there are a number of other good restaurants (including a sports bar with NFL package) about 1k away. The pool area, though small, was a great place to cool off, relax and watch the monkeys' antics in the treetops. Hike down to the small beach near the hotel to avoid the crowds and hucksters at Manuel Antonio beach. They were doing some remodeling to the dining areas while we were there. I bet it will make this hotel even nicer.
2 night trip Dec 11, 2013
PS
"Charming Hotel!!"
The reviews of this hotel are right: this is a beautiful, customer-friendly hotel!! The location is gorgeous; it maximizes the beautiful views and surroundings. Monkeys frolic on balconies and in public areas. There are many beautiful birds. However, the best part of La Mansion Inn is the staff: they cannot do enough to make their guests feel welcome! When we arrived, the staff greeted me by name and remembered my name during our one-week stay. The restaurant server remembered that I liked coffee with cream with my breakfast. When our Wi-Fi connection went down (a couple of times), they came immediately to reset it. The only potential "problem" with this hotel - although it does not detract from my "Excellent" rating - is that it sits on top of a very steep, winding, narrow driveway. Since almost all rental cars have a standard transmission, getting up and down the driveway is challenging. The staff is available to drive the cars up and down the driveway for the guests (again; customer service is first class!), but potential guests need to be aware. Some nights, there were more cars than available spots, so the hotel staff had to do some juggling to accommodate everyone (they keep all the car keys for this reason). One night, our car was kept on the road, but the "upside" was that we didn't have to maneuver the driveway! If we ever return to the area, we will definitely stay there again!
Other trip Dec 14, 2013
Nina
"Wonderful experience at La Mansion!!"
The staff at La Mansion went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Robert Leone, the manager, in particular expressed a genuine interest in our comfort and satisfaction on a daily basis. At the end of our stay, he asked if we had any recommendations. He really made us feel like friends. The chef was exceptional as well, creating amazing dinners to accomodate my many food alergies. Our overall experience at this hotel made this a vacation we will never forget.
Other trip Dec 7, 2013
Deana
"Heaven"
The hotel and staff were absolutely wonderful! I will definitely stay there again.
2 night business trip Nov 22, 2013
Cathy
"Beautiful hotel"
This hotel was great. The service is very friendly and attentive. One of the staff members really helped us to practice our Spanish. Magnificent view of the water. Only bad part was when watching the sunset we were unable to see the sun because of tree blocking it, but still beautiful. Food was good to excellent and decent prices. We ate dinner here twice and breakfast 3 times, which was complimentary. Would definitely stay here again. One downside of the hotel was we could hear the people in the room next to us. Not sure if this was because it was an adjoining room with a door. They also have a reception every Friday night for guests with some wine and h'or derves.
3 night trip Aug 27, 2013
This hotel was very beautiful and very comfortable. I had a weekend stay with two of my girlfriends and when we arrived, the manager gave us a grand tour of the hotels grounds. The Bat Cave Bar was especially enjoyable where the bar tenders were very kind and told us great sites to visit. The pool and jacuzzi were very clean and and the entire staff were very attentive. The breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu were also delicious. We had additional costs during our departure but the staff did their best to resolve it. Overall, an A+ experience. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2013
Y.
"Nice hotel very close the beach"
This hotel has two great views of two different beaches. For those who are looking for a quite relaxing time on the beach, there is a beach within two hundred yards of the hotel, with beautiful views and the luxury of being secluded. During our stay, the staff more than went out of their way to ensure our stay met our needs and wants.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"BEST Hotel Ever"
I cannot say enough good things about this small hotel. From the helpfulness of Stephen and Robert at the front desk, to the free cookies and apples as you go to your room, to the 2 bay outlooks from the top of the peninsula, to the free shuttle service to the beach - it's just perfect in every way. Staying at this place was the highlight of a wonderful Costa Rica adventure ... we'll be talking about it for years. The monkeys and the sloth in the trees across the street made it even better. Just perfect. Go see for yourself. I don't usually get excited about hotels but this is just a gem.
3 night trip Jul 28, 2013
I definitely rate it very satisfied; however, I will say that we believed the on-site manager was around or hanging around way too much. You get a speech from him that if there is ANYTHING wrong please let them know and will fix right away. Made you wonder is there something going on behind the scene? Also we had one unfortunate experience with a ATV tour which was the most expensive of the tours taken thus far and spoke loud enough for the manager to hear me; but NOTHING was done or said to assuage how we were feeling. We cancelled a second tour that was to be taken the following morning. Goes to show: do your own research and FOLLOW your own instincts! We really enjoyed our bartender Juan in the Bat Cave, the breakfast and view were great. The room AWESOME as well as the EXCEPTIONAL views!!
3 night trip Jul 11, 2013
"Unbeatable views!!"
Our view out of our balcony was unbelievable! We had the same view at the pool and in the breakfast area. Our room was large, even though it was the smallest room they offer. The bed was clean and comfortable; the turn-down service was nice, too. The staff was extremely attentive and helped us plan some of our excursions in Manuel Antonio. They also called taxis for us when we needed them. My only complaint is that it cost us a lot of money in taxi fare just to drive 5 minutes down the road to a restaurant. However, the taxi driver was great and pointed out animals along the way. The hotel provides a free shuttle to and from the beach/national park, which was really nice. We did not have a mini-fridge in our room, which would have come in handy. They said we could ask for one, but I think it should just be included in your room, and another nice touch would have been for complimentary bottles of water instead of charging so much for those, too. Overall, we very much enjoyed our stay at this exquisite hotel. Thank you, Robert, for the great hospitality!
2 night trip Jul 27, 2013
"not bad for Quepos--a value priced alternative"
Enjoyed it generally---rooms are converted from an older property and it is generally too steep to walk back up the hill to get to the bulk of the restaurants at the hill crest in Quepos...The view is sensational, staff very nice, parking lot wayyyy too small and requires jockying around by staff to fit all; Robert is a terrific guy and fun to talk to if you run into him; For a little more, you can get into Los Altos which is a premiere place to stay in Quepos.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2013
JR
"Great hotel for the price"
We loved the hotel my only complaint is that it stops serving and offering services at 9pm. That's too early for us. But everything else went smoothly and room was nice.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2013
"Intimate with a private beach down the hill"
La Mansion was a wonderful surprise upon our arrival. We really didn't know what to expect since we booked on line just looking at pictures. The room was clean with a beautiful view from our balcony. We enjoyed many visits from monkeys and lizards on our porch. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful and the wait staff would greet us by name every morning. I would definitely recommend La Mansion and will plan on returning one day.
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
Liz
"Manuel Antonio at its best..."
GREAT! Have stayed in Manuel Antonio many times and, to me, La Mansion (and Tulemar) are the best places I have ever stayed! Everyone at La Mansion was helpful and friendly--from the housekeepers who called me by name after a single meeting, to the front desk team, to the on duty manager who convinced us to upgrade our room. I cant say enough good things. Stay here, you will have a great experience!
3 night trip Jun 15, 2013
"La Mansion review"
We had a great time. The service was great. They had free shuttles to most attractions and would set up the tours we were interested. Their English was excellent for those who don't speak Spanish well. The food was good. I would highly recommend La Mansion.
3 night trip Jun 9, 2013
"Really great small hotel"
We stayed for 4 nights. Our penthouse room was spacious, clean, and had sweeping views of the ocean and rainforest. The service was excellent. The staff booked excursions, got taxis for us in just minutes and even arranged for the rental car company to pickup the car from the hotel. Breakfast and lunch were delicious. The pool area was really beautiful with ocean views and a swim up bar. There was no wifi in the room, just in the lobby. The tub in the bathroom was big but water easily splashed out.
4 night romance trip Mar 21, 2013

"Nice hotel."
Good hotel. At times I felt like the staff could have been slightly more approachable/available for help. But overall really beautiful grounds, nice breakfast and overall a good stay
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Ashley
"Quaint with a lovely view"
My husband and I stayed at La Mansion Inn. We were greeted warmly by the staff; given a tour by the Manager; and enjoyed the Friday night Managers cocktail party. The views were beautiful and the staff very helpful in organizing the tours and offering suggestions on places to go.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Cheryl & John
"Dec 2014"
Beautiful views, friendly staff.... Enjoyed our stay! Highly recommend!
3 night romance trip Dec 3, 2014
Ray C
"Manuel Antonio Visit"
From the moment we arrived to the time we left the staff were attentive and helpful with everything including items not related to our stay (ie. questions about local sites ,tours, general tourist type inquiries). Food was excellent and the stay was peaceful and quiet. The view from our room and the upper sitting area above the pool was fabulous.
Lorne & Patti
"Paradise"
I stayed at the La Mansion Inn for 6 nights it's a beautiful hotel with breathtaking views, the staff are excellent and extremely friendly and cater to all your needs, the Dutch bartender Bart at the hotel will go out of his way to help you with anything you need and even just a good/funny conversation while you enjoy your drink, the food is great here too, my only con was one girl on the desk usually in the afternoon seemed a little unfriendly /grumpy and I felt like it was a effort to ask her for something. Just a cold attitude but everyone else was great.
"Ok but not a five star hotel as advertised"
The hotel staff were amazing but the rooms are outdated, the room ac was smelly and the beds were very hard and noisy. Some rooms look to have been renovated so ask for one of them! Overall the hotel is ok but just needs to be modernised in line with its advertised five star or call it what it is 3.5 / 4 star
4 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
Warrick
"Beautiful Hotel Overlooking the Ocean"
My 14 year old son and I had been touring Costa Rica for 2 weeks and Manuel Antonio was the last leg of our tour. We stayed at La Mansion Inn for 3 nights. We were looking forward to staying here because I promised my son that I saved the best accommodation for last. Our room # is 8 with a great view of the ocean. We were content with our room - big king size bed, air conditioning and ceiling fan, strong wifi, big balcony window, nice furnitures, and robes. The hotel is clean and the maid would knock at my door later in the day to give me extra towels. I would take it graciously although I didn't need it. The pool and the hot tub is clean and we could have spent more time in there had we not always been out exploring. The hotel provides iced water in the lobby (with a plate of choc candy treats) which is really awesome. On our 1st evening there, I handed over a small bag of laundry to the reception. Within a couple of hours, the hotel staff knocked at my door with my clothes cleaned and folded in a plastic bag. TIP: Check whether you agree with how much the hotel charges first. Breakfast is included and you eat it outside overlooking the ocean. There is a menu with a good selection of breakfast meals. The staff are nice and polite.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
"Very elegant hotel with fantastic views"
Beautiful property, close to everything, very friendly staff, great pool and hot tub on the roof
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Henry
"One of the best hotels in Costa Rica"
I have never had better service in any establishment prior to our stay in La Mansion. I have stayed all over the world and this hotel is on top when it comes to value, service, and environment. We were warmly greeted upon arrival, and given a tour of the ground with a very delicious welcome drink! Our room was very clean and very spacious with all the amenities provided. Very comfortable bed and great room decor. The view from our room was breath taking. Jungle and beach all in the same view!! All this while maintaining a great level of privacy for intimate dining in the room or on the balcony. The provided breakfast was delicious and not a random cheese and stale bun buffet set up. The staff were all very friendly and willing to help in anyway. We has a flat tire which the staff changed for us without any hesitation. The pool was very clean with an amazing view of the beach. Any time we are in this area of Costa Rica we will have to stay here from now on.
2 night romance trip Jul 25, 2013
"Short stay but great"
Great location, friendly staff, superb views. Would go back again. ATV trip was highlight of many highlights.
Other trip Jun 29, 2013
Tazanauld
"Loved it"
Great hotel and fantastic location. Felt totally relaxed here
Other trip May 27, 2013
"Disappointing"
Could have been a great experience. Wonderful staff, beautiful view, must have been an amazing hotel in its day. Unfortunately the musty stench in the room did not allow me to sleep. The three meals we had in the restaurant were by far the worst we had in nearly three weeks in Costa Rica. With better meals and something done about the smell it would have been much better. It was advertised as an adults only hotel but that was not the case, which was disappointing. Meals and drinks were priced higher than average.
Other trip Feb 26, 2013
Marie

"Great!"
Very nice hotel!
1 night trip Sep 19, 2015
Eduardo
BR
Un hotel incredible, vistas impresionantes, servicio estupendo. Repetiremos!
2 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
Pierre
ES
"Es un hotel con una ubicación privilegiada"
El hotel tiene encanto pero la habitación no dispone de nevera y el desayuno no es tipo buffet y hay que pagar las tasas y el servicio aun estando incluído
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
Juan
"comentario"
Hotel esta bonito con una vista espectacular. Pero internet funciona muy mal y por noche no hay nada para hacer. Todo incluyendo bar y cocina cierran a las 10 pm. Tambien tiene problema con parqueo es muy pequeno. Sin embargo lo recomiendo.
1 night trip with friends Jun 4, 2015
CR
"Schönes gepflegtes Hotel mit top Ausblick"
Das Personal war sehr freundlich und hilfsbereit. Das Frühstück war leider nicht in Buffet Form, dafür gab es eine grosse Auswahl an Menüs. Der Ausblick ist wunderschön. In dem Baum vor unserem Balkon konnten wir diverse Tiere (Affen, Tukan und einmal sogar ein Faultier) beobachten. Das Meer sowie die Restaurants im "Zentrum" sind etwas weiter entfernt, vor allem durch die Steigung kann man sie zu Fuss nicht sehr rasch erreichen. Sie sind jedoch durch zu Fuss schon erreichbar und ansonsten gibt es ja noch Taxis.
5 night family trip May 16, 2015
CH
"buena ubicación , vista ESPECTACULAR ¡¡¡¡¡"
Agradable Hotel, solo le falta mantenimiento a la habitación, personal amable
2 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
lilia
MX
"Muy recomendable"
El lugar es increible, con unas vistas al mar espectaculares. El hotel es un poco viejo pero esta en muy buen estado. Todo el personal es muy amable y servicial. La habitación es muy cómoda y amplia. Con muy buenas vistas y la terraza esta provista de sillones para que puedas disfrutar todo el tiempo. A nosotros nos toco la habitación nr 8. Te ponen café en la habitación. La zona del restaurante es muy bonita. La piscina es un poco pequeña pero las vistas desde aquí te hacen olvidar de todo, al igual que de las terrazas que están arriba de la piscina. La zona de aparcamiento es muy pequeña, y te piden dejar las llaves del coche por si hay que moverlo. Así que al final se ocupan ellos y no es un problema Lo único que no me gusto mucho es que el desayuno es a la carta, si bien pedimos combinaciones y nos las pusieron sin problema,pero no es muy variado y que si bien esta incluido en el precio de la habitación, luego te cargan el 10% de lo que has consumido por Servicio. Se pueden ver monos en cualquier momento en el mismo hotel.
2 night romance trip Dec 11, 2014
Virginia
ES
"Un relajado fin de semana"
Paradisíaco, el esfuerzo que han puesto en cada detalle es muy seductor, la atención de su gente es muy personalizada, en especial don Robert, las vistas son memorables, todo muy bien
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
IVAN
"NECESITA MEJORAR"
La Mansión Inn tiene unas vistas espectaculares de la playa y el parque Manuel Antonio. La situación es adecuada aunque considero que hay aspectos que debería mejorar. La atención del personal es muy desigual, desde una atención exquisita a una atención no compatible con la categoría del establecimiento. El desayuno me pareció escaso y con solamente una calidad media, dan a elegir uno de los platos del menú de desayuno y además cobran los gastos de servicio aparte. El mobiliario está un poco anticuado y la conexión wifi no era especialmente buena. Considero que el precio es demasiado elevado para las prestaciones que ofrece.
2 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
ES
Todo excelente, vista, limpieza, atención, comidas, lo que hace falta es más parqueo, ya que hay que esperar que los demás huéspedes saquen sus vehículos para poder salir con el que quedó adentro.Pero un 100%
1 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2014
"excelente!"
El hotel esta demasiado bonito, las habitaciones cómodas y preciosas, la terraza y la piscina espectaculares, sin dejar de lado el excelente servicio.
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2014
Leonardo Esqivel
CR
"Hotel lindo con buena vista al mar"
Fue breve pero quisiera volver con más tiempo. El personal te consiente y te hace sentir en casa.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
MX
"Relaxing stay"
Comfortable hotel nestled above the beaches of Manuel Antonio. Very friendly and helpfully staff, rooms at the front overlooking the beach with a balcony. Not much space for parking a car but just leave your car key at the reception and the friendly staff will handle it. Welcome drinks and snacks on Fridays and a nice pool and recreation area with a stunning view on the side. It was our 5th stay at this nice hotel.
2 night business trip May 29, 2014
Hermann
DE
"Gratificante estadía."
Cumpió con creces nuestras expectativas de ubicación, caracteristicas del Hotel La Mansion Inn, sus servicios y cercanía a Parque Manuel Antonio y playas aledañas; un verdadero acierto de elección, despues de reunión de trabajo en San José.
4 night family trip May 4, 2014
Froilan Fernandez, MD
CL
"Excelente ubicacion"
EL hotel se encuentra en una ubicacion excelente desde donde se domina el Parque Nacional Manuel Antonio. El personal es excelente y hace todo lo posible por brindar una excelente atencion. El personal del Bar es excelente, muy educados y verdaderamente con vocacion de servicio. Lamentablemente cuando llueve es incomodo tomar alimentos en la parte exterior y hay que emplear el Rte interiror el cual es muy pequeno y con poco atractivo. Puntos a mejorar serian: Contar con opciones de alimentos Gluten free y buscar otra area para estacionar ya que es muy icomodo aunque cuando va a estacionar ellos se encargan no asi al salir donde hay que tener una gran pericia como piloto
2 night romance trip May 1, 2014