All hotels in Reading, England, United Kingdom
Padworth Lane, Bath Road, Reading, England, RG7 5HT, United Kingdom, ‏‎855-239-9227

"I would not stop here..."
I am a seasoned biz traveler and was completely blown away that not only did this place get a good rating...but that it was $250/night to book. Most of the other hotels were booked up but this place still had plenty of rooms. The bathtub dripped all night, the air conditioned ran but did not cool the room in the slightest, the room was totally run down. The ribs I had for dinner were like chewing gum. The best thing about the place was the staff. Very nice...very helpful...very friendly. Except when I saw the cook hanging out in the restaurant and degrading and insulting the waitress.
1 night business trip Jul 1, 2015
"Pleasant stay"
The stay was pleasant however the breakfast could have been better. There was a choice of eggs to be prepared for us- we've put our orders down, but never received those. My boyfriend had to ask again after 15mins of waiting, surely that's not how long it takes to do poached eggs with only other 2 or 4 people in the room.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"London Reading West Holiday Inn"
Old run down property. No lift and no rooms that don't require multiple levels of stairs. Poor value. Outrageous food prices. A hamburger chipS & coke $29 USD.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
Bob & Family

"Amazing service thank you very much."
I stayed here for one night with a friend for another friends wedding which was close by. The hotel is in nice surroundings and the room and building itself was very well kept. Check in was really quick and we were very fortunate to be able to get our room earlier than 2pm which was a massive help as we had to get ready and be at the wedding by 2pm. Upon departure in my haste to get packed and head home I stupidly left behind two items that were very important. I contacted the hotel and spoke to a lady called "Lisa" (I believe) I explained the situation and said I had left things behind. "Lisa" then called me back to confirm that housekeeping had located the items and she then took the time and effort to post me back said items for which I am extremely grateful. I cannot thank you and commend your service enough, you really went out of your way to provide customer satisfaction. Holiday Inn should be very happy to have this hotel and its team (especially Lisa) representing them.
1 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
There were dead bugs on the windowsill which clearly hadn't been cleaned in along time.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
"Tired"
The hotel in general is of average standard with pretty non-descript décor and furnishings. It is located between an A road and main train line but the double glazing minimised any noise. Unfortunately the windows can't be opened so we had to run the aircon continually. The beds were kingsize but the rest of the room was let down by a very tired and not very clean bathroom and poor attention to detail - only one cup on both days, faint smudges on the 'clean' towels and some unidentifiable crud in the corners of the bathroom floor which remained throughout our stay. My aunt has walking problems, so we had requested an accessible room as close to Reception as possible. Her room was adequate to her needs but located a long walk from the other amenities and so she had to change it for a standard room. You'd think if a property is going to bother to create a dedicated room they'd put it closer to the entrance. The restaurant offering was poor due to an issue with the kitchen equipment. The menu was so limited we had to find somewhere else to eat late on our first evening. On the second night due to a wedding function there was no food being offered at all. Staff were not at all forthcoming with information and lacking in hospitality skills. Breakfast by contrast had a good selection and the (different) staff were chatty and cheerful. All in all slightly below par for the £75 a night paid. With just a little more care and attention to detail this could have been a good stay.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Quite & friendly"
Good car park, lovely friendly welcome, wanted to make our stay as pleasurable as possible, nothing was to much trouble.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Reading West"
The staff were so helpful and friendly, thanks Jamie and Darren. Visiting my 6 year old neice in hospital the staff put together a goody bag for her she loved it. our room was quiet and very clean.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Comfortable stay"
Really comfortable stay. Was here as attending a wedding and the room was perfect for this. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the cleaners did a great job keeping our room clean and tidy after we left it in a hurry to get to the wedding.
2 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2015
"Nice Break"
Stay was good.Breakfast all you needed.Not enough staff so we had the bar tender as the waitress. Drinks at the bar let The Holiday Inn down, one single gin with small tonic and a rose wine with soda £13-45 is rather bad.
3 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
Stephen
"Lovely stay. Very friendly & helpful Staff."
I stayed here for two nights & was extremely happy with my stay. The receptionist was very friendly & helpful on arrival. The room was large, comfortable & clean. The bar staff were also great. Drinks were a little expensive however, as was breakfast. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Very good value for money for the room. Extras such as breakfast and drinks could be cheaper though!
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Phil
"Not the best experience"
It wasn't very comforting. Not very friendly staff. Room was cold. I informed the reception about the room temperature but still wasn't fixed. Won't go back there.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Raihan
"Clean and comfy"
I was only there for the night and found the hotel clean and comfortable. We decided to have a full English breakfast, and we were rather disappointed with it. We felt we were being rushed even though there was only one other couple in the restaurant and when the breakfast was served, the bacon was dried up and hard.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"It's OK for one night"
Having stay in Holiday Inns abroad I thought this would be a nice way to break up my working week. Although the room was big it stunk of stale cigarette smoke. And as I had taken the last room there was no way to change rooms,more ver all the hotel is a bit dated. But the evening staff were very helpful. Breakfast was ok. But I do not think I will stay in another Holiday In. Over here
1 night business trip Sep 24, 2014
Scalyback
On arrival really welcoming team. Great customer service. Everything we needed in room. Breakfast and dinner excellent. Hard to fault really.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Penny and Guy
very comfortable beds. Fast room service.Friendly staff.Affordable rates .very good food.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
wendy
"Excellent..."
The first time we've used this hotel as we visit Reading frequently. Whilst being a little 'out of the way' down the Bath Rd it was all we needed. The room was amazingly quiet considering it's next to a main road and the room whilst a little faded in places was clean and very comfy. The staff seem happy and friendly and breakfast was excellent. All in all very good and we will be back.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2014
Neilb
"Nice hotel, regular overnight stay"
No problems to write about, food good, staff friendly, ample parking, good size rooms, not noisy.
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Thanks g, delighted you found the food, staff and rooms so great. I do hope you will return to Holiday Inn Reading West. Kind regards Philip General Manager
Other trip May 15, 2014
g
"Excellent staff"
Not much to say really as the rating I gave the hotel speaks for itself. Excellent staff, nice clean room and a friendly atmosphere. Evening meal was nothing to write home about but the breakfast was superb. Would definitely stay again!
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Dear Phil, thank you very much indeed for your review, this is brilliant. The team will really appreciate your kind words and appreciation of their hard work and efforts. We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Reading West and will definitely try and wow you with the evening meal experience as well next time. Kind regards Philip General Manager
1 night trip May 9, 2014
Phil
We enjoyed our stay and at such great value. Breakfast was excellent and overall condition was good.
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Dear Mo, this is fantastic, thank you ever so much, everyone at Holiday Inn Reading West is delighted you had an excellent stay and we're very grateful for your feedback. Kind regards Philip General Manager
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Mo
"ideal location"
The hotel was excellent and just what we needed It was located centrally to where we wanted to go. We spent a day in Windsor, a day at Ascot races and an day and evening in Readingvery enjoyable 3 days
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Fantastic, many thanks David, I'm delighted that you found the hotel to excellent and that you enjoyed the 3 days - I hope you backed a winner or two at Ascot! I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel sometime soon and improve your rating from a 4* to a 5*. Kind regards
2 night romance trip Jan 16, 2014
"Relaxing and pleasant place to stay"
Very good experience and satisfied with place, premises and cuisine
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Thank you very much for your kind review, I am delighted you had such a great experience at Holiday Inn Reading West, the team will be delighted with your feedback, thank you.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
E
Had a lovely 3 night stay for the rewind festival. The hotel would benefit by more guests if they offered a shuttle service to events like the rewind festival and Henley etc.
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review, I'm delighted you had such a lovely stay. I will certainly look into shuttle services but I would think the cost of this to places like Henley, which is approx. 16 miles away, would be prohibitive unless there were a large group all travelling. We can of course assist with taxi bookings and help with public transport links and times. Kind regards
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
"confortable but restaurant not good"
Friendly staff at reception but food at the restaurant was not great. Order tuna stake which was like rubber and had to send back. Also they ran out of the house red and the bottle red we had ordered but then they suddenly a bottle.
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Thank you for your feedback, I'm vvery sorry you were not happy with your dining experience. All meals are cooked fresh to order so I'm not qite sure why there should have been a problem with the tuna but thank you for letting me , I will investigate with the chef. Kind regards
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2013
gurps
"Good Place"
A nice little hotel, conveniently situated. V comfortable rooms although the air con was a little noisy.
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Thanks you veru much for taking the time to post your review Kind regards
1 night business trip Aug 1, 2013
"Comfortable clean room"
Nice hotel, good location and comfortable beds
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Thank you very much for your review Kind regards
1 night business trip Jul 17, 2013
"Friendly Service"
I stay here quite a lot, always lovely front of house staff, menu needs updating and cider flat, but overall a nicer Holiday Inn made more enjoyable by the staff!
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Thank you for your review. I'm sure you will be delighted to know that new menus 'went live' at the beginning of July, in addition to our local weekly changing Chef's Menu. Thank you for your comments about the cider, we will investigate this further. Kind regards
1 night business trip Jul 1, 2013
"Fantastic Service"
The Cleanliness of the room and hotel were satisfactory, the staff were really nice and helpful.The hotel is in the middle of no where so a car is essential. My only gripe is the WI FI costs £5 for one hour which I find totally un exceptable. Apart from that a very nice stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Thank you for your feedback, I pleased you found the team so helpful. We are on the A4 Bath Road, half way between Reading and Newbury town centres and only 3 miles from M4 junction 12. Whilst having a car is an advantage there is a bus stop right outside the hotel going to both Reading and Newbury and you can get a train into Reading and on to Paddington from Aldermaston - just a ten minute walk from the hotel. You'll be pleased to know that internet access is now free to all IHG Elite Members at Holiday Inn. Kind regards
2 night romance trip Jun 21, 2013
Laura 79
Straight-forward hotel. Very quiet in rooms despite being next to main road. Six Bells pub in Beenham did great food (5min drive).
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I hope on a future visit you will try out the menu at Holiday Inn Reading West. Kind regards
2 night trip May 17, 2013
"Pleasant good value hotel"
Nice hotel, not the best we have stayed in, but for the price and a short stay was perfect. Staff very friendly and helpful.
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Thank you for your review and kind words about the team. Kind regards
Other trip May 27, 2013
lisa
"Great room"
I was only staying for one night but I was allocated a suite which was fantastic. I was pleasantly surprised by the overall condition of the hotel which was better than some 4 star hotels I have stayed in previously. The location was good, getting to Newbury quite quickly the next day. Would definitely stay again, hoping for the suite again next time !
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Thank you very much for your review and very kind words. Kind regards
1 night business trip May 1, 2013
Mrs K
"Holiday Inn Reading West"
Very impressed overall with the general standards at this hotel. Although on a main road, we weren't disturbed by traffic noise due to good soundproofing of the windows. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable and HUGE!! Would definitely recommend a stay here!!!
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Thank you very much for your very kind review, I'm delighted your stay was so comfortable. Kind regards
1 night trip Feb 16, 2013
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
1 night business trip Nov 10, 2014
Lee
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
Rebecca
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Thank you very much for your fantastic rating of Holiday Inn Reading West, this is very much appreciated Kind regards Philip
1 night trip May 3, 2014
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Many thanks for posting your review score following your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Reading West. We are please with your 4/5 rating but hope you will return soon and give us the opportunity to turn this into a 5/5 rating. Kind regards
1 night business trip Dec 19, 2013
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Thank you very much for your brilliant review, much appreciated.
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2013
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Thank you very much for your review and kind rating for Holiday Inn Reading West, we appreciate this and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Kind regards
1 night trip Nov 25, 2013
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at Holiday Inn Reading West
1 night trip Jul 12, 2013
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Thank you for taking the time to post a rating following your stay at Holiday Inn Reading West. Kind regards
Business trip Jun 12, 2013
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Thank you for taking the time to post a rating following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Reading West. Kind regards
4 night business trip May 19, 2013
Response by Holiday Inn Reading West
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your rating following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Reading West. Kind regards
Romance trip Sep 26, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Holiday Inn Reading West

"Dont book here food and place is crap"
09/02/15 Emeric R
I dont complain but this was really poor. The rooms are very basic and years old but what got me to review is the food. I ordered a simple fish and chips which took 55 minutes!! The fish was tiny! The chips were poor and they had forgotten the mushy peas! Once the mushy peas got there well... they weren't mushy peas the guy had squished a few with a fork and mixed it up that is all. The bar staff was not at fault and kept chasing up and being apologetic. It was not busy at all whatsoever. I had food the night before and had a poorly cooked meal for a ridiculous price but in a timely manor. The food is terrible I am stuck here for 2 weeks but will order takeaways from now on. The room really are just standard with old carpets and stained duvet covers. Avoid this place even if trying to be cheap.
"Weekend stay"
09/01/15 Mark P Bath, United Kingdom
We stayed here on the 27/28th of August while attending a wedding locally. It's probably much the same as any other holiday inn, but what made this hotel stand out was the staff. Every one was really friendly and helpful, nothing was to much trouble. A special mention for Liam, the duty manager, he really did go the extra mile and made us all feel very welcome.
"Girls coach trip away to London"
08/18/15 chrissiekite33 Darlington, United Kingdom
I have recently returned after staying with friends for 3 nights at this Hotel. Firstly I would like to say that the staff are wonderful (especially Liam) and are working under very difficult conditions - staffing/food and menu issues. As an ex Customer Service Manager and Mystery Shopper I will address these issues directly with Holiday Inn rather than on Trip Advisor. The Hotel is well out of London, which depending on your point of view is good or bad regarding travel. It certainly keeps down the cost of accommodation. The rooms are spacious and clean with large bathroom, including bath and shower (plenty of hot water) The beds are very comfortable but the rooms can be a bit stuffy. As someone as mentioned the windows do not open, although there is air conditioning. For such a small Hotel I was surprised by how well the gym was stocked. The latest equipment, which if I am honest didn't look as though it had been used. Food- the breakfast was very good and just got better each morning with a further selection of items. Cooked, cold meats, croissants, fruit, cereal etc. If this was a bed and breakfast hotel only it would score very highly in my esteem. To be honest I would not stay at this Hotel again. BUT with the required number of staff per guests, a varied menu and good customer service training this hotel could be turned around and have excellent reviews. Still a big big thank you to the staff that tried so hard under difficult circumstances. They just need to be proactive rather than reactive. (Customer service training again) I am going to stick my neck out here and say that MONEY and Management is the big issue at this Hotel (or perhaps lack of it) Never the less my 3 girlfirends and I had a good time. Thanks Liam.
"Ok for a couple of nights"
08/11/15 AucklandGal88 Wellington, New Zealand
We stayed here for 2 nights. Our first room hadn't been cleaned properly, as evidenced by the hair and contact lens In the bathroom... Yuck! Moved rooms and the second one was fine. Beds are comfy and the rooms are spacious, if dated. The fire alarm went off (twice) just before 8 on the first morning we were there. Apparently it was due to burning toast and is not a rare occurrence... Breakfast is ok. There are hot and cold options, and it is a help yourself buffet. had dinner in the restaurant be sue we didn't have a car and not much is close by. Food was ok and overpriced, exactly what you expect at a hotel. The staff have no idea how to make the Starbucks coffees that are offered, so don't bother unless you can talk them though it step by step. I asked why I was having to instruct the server and was told that they don't get training they just have to figure it out. You'd think starbucks would provide staff training for them!
"Truly amazing customer service"
07/30/15 TheQueen_202 London, United Kingdom
"The windows don't open!"
07/29/15 sportychick1977 Manchester
This hotel is okay, but if you want some fresh air, not even the ground floor windows open. The food is pretty good and the staff helpful, with a decent size car park and reasonable size rooms too. The road near the hotel didn't seem to affect us so the soundproofing must have been okay [well the windows didn't open!!]
"Overnight stop on way home from holiday"
07/21/15 Wendy R
One of the older hotels, needs a makeover but rooms were clean and air conditioning worked really well, Good size bathroom and could not hear any noise from outside or other rooms. reception staff excellent especially Liam! and had evening meal and breakfast in the restaurant, staff smiley friendly and efficient! No lift in hotel but other than that we had a good overnight rest before the last leg of our journey home.
"The Hotel That Time Forgot"
07/09/15 Harrogatish
I wouldn't really call this hotel Reading West, it's a £25 taxi journey from Reading. A very friendly receptionist greeted me at the gloomy reception, then went a bit down hill. The room was a decent size, but the furniture and bathroom could have done with updating. The huge spider web between the bedside table and the wall even looked as though it had been there for some time. As did the ones on the clothes hangers in the wardrobe. The aircon warmed the room, even when set to the coolest setting, it wasn't possible to open the window either. The restaurant had a morgue like atmosphere with no background music, the only soundtrack was the clink of cutlery, dishwasher in the bar and the laughing that emanated from the kitchens. Whilst I had no issues with my meal I have never heard the phrase 'the chef apologies' mentioned so many times in a restaurant, with meals being returned from fellow diners for either more heat or carbon dating. Breakfast was perfectly acceptable and the staff were friendly. On checkout I wasn't asked I had enjoyed my stay (hmm) and the directions given to the local railway station (Aldermaston) were a little ambiguous to say the least. Come on Holiday Inn, it isn't that difficult to rectify these issues that shouldn't have been there in the first place.
"Great value for money! People are too fussy, you get what you pay for!"
07/03/15 Jess O London
We stayed as part of a murder mystery weekend in June '15 and for what we paid was great value for money! The hotel and facilities were better than I expected to be honest. Very large room and bathroom with good facilities. The Murder mystery night was fun and highly recommended! Breakfast had a varied choice. The only thing I could fault was that there was no rolls or bread left on the toaster table. I asked the girl twice for bread and in the end it was too late as my breakfast was getting cold and had to eat without!
"Not top of the list"
06/30/15 Richard C Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip. Staff were very pleasant food in the bar and breakfast not bad and the room was clean and tidy but apart from that on the whole very poor. Hotel generally in need of some serious TLC decor and rooms very dated outside areas scruffy certainly wouldn't rush back and glad it was company that paid and not a private booking.