All hotels in Ranson, West Virginia, United States of America
681 Flowing Springs Rd, Ranson, WV, 25438, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Super clean and very friendly"
The hotel was extremely clean and had a very courteous staff. It was a very nice experience for a very affordable price. The other hotels in the area were significantly more expensive. Whenever i visit Ranson again, i will be staying at this hotel.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Drew
We were pleased with the motel especially the breakfast buffet. We were pleasantly surprised that there was a Shuttle to the racetrack, to and from. The only concern with the room was the chair was not very comfortable. Also there was no heat or exhaust in the bathroom. Brr, when you took your shower. The front desk was vey helpful.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
2 night trip Aug 13, 2014
A fine hotel. But the internet was out that day so it loses a star for me
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
had some trouble, but it's up and running.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
JD
"nicer than expected"
we stayed in a 2 queen bed, 1 sofa bed room. pros: large room with fridge and microwave; bathroom okay; beds firm. cons: sofa bed really really lumpy - my son had to sleep three nights squeezing himself on the couch; wi-fi very poor in evenings; customer service just okay.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with, hopefully, we can do better next time.
3 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
Lisa H.
"decent place"
Just a hair closer to the casino and it would have been perfect
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
Sorry:) best we an do is the shuttle to the casino.
1 night business trip Aug 13, 2014
josh
"Couldn't have been better"
Excellent hotel - clean, comfortable, convenient location and quiet. Very good breakfast. Would stay there again in a heartbeat. Did get a break on the price and don't know if we could afford to stay there at the regular price. A quality hotel.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
Glad you enjoyed your stay
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
"Great Value"
Nice location for Harpers Ferry excursions and casino. Clean and comfortable room. Bonus points for pool, cookies and extensive breakfast. Definitely recommend especially after driving by other area hotels. This place would be a a great value even at a higher price.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
Awesome to know, but I'll try not to raise the rates :)
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
Clean room, friendly and helpful staff, would definitely stay here again and recommend to others
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Clean comfy room, quiet, and ice machine very close. Parking lot well lit.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Very clean"
The room was very nice. Everything seemed to be new and the size was more than I was expecting. Even the TV in the room had way more channels than most hotels I have stayed in.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
TAT
This is a smoke-free hotel, but the rooms smelled like people had smoked in them. After a couple of hours, housekeeping finally sprayed the room. My last visit here in June we went into 3 three rooms and they all smelled like smoke. The hotel was clean and comfortable, except for the smell of smoke.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
We try to get the smoke out as best we can when someone smokes in the room. Sadly not everyone cares that we are a smoke free property.
3 night trip Aug 3, 2014
Jack
"great proximity to casino"
Room was really nice ! Was overpriced a bit !
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
I'm glad that you liked your room. I know the price seems high, but we are average for the area.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
r trent
"Okay"
The hotel stay was okay. We arrived at the hotel for checkin which starts at 4. Our room wasn't ready until almost 7!!! It was a bit ridiculous. They said they were fully staffed but were completely booked the night before like it was our problem? I just wanted to take a nap! Also, our housekeeper came banging on the door a little after 8am to ask us if we needed anything for the next day. Apparently they don't clean or so anything daily when you stay for multiple days? Well they did once I said something. I mean she "straightened up" the sheets and washed the mirrors. She didn't clean the toilet or take our all the dirty towels. I shouldn't of had to ask for the trash to go out and for complimentary shampoos and soap that they usually always have daily in the bathroom.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Room was large, clean, comfortable. Breakfast was very good.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
"Nice place for the price"
Over all very nice, Inter-net was real slow but I'm sure that had to do with a big storm that hit when we first got there
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
Yes, that can slow things down. We are in the process of upgrading our signal and equipment so hopefully that will make a big difference
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2014
Terry Scott Kimberlin
"Excellent as always!"
I have stayed at this hotel 4-5 times, now, and it consistently provides excellent service, clean, large & comfortable rooms, above & beyond free full hot breakfast with plenty of seating. Love the shuttle to-from the casino 24 hrs. I wouldnt stay anywhere else if traveling to the area again...oh, it is also close to harpers ferry, too.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
Always happy to see you! Can't wait till your next visit.
2 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Thinking twice"
I had paid in advance for my room, but when I got there they asked for my credit card, and I told them I had paid in advance, and the one lady told me they would charge my card for $20.00 for amentities. They said if I did not use any, then when I got ready to check out, my $20.00 would be given to me. Well, when I checked out, no refund was given to me, and the girl acted as if she didn't know what she was doing. The only response I got from her was "you booked online, so you will have to tell them." This is the same girl I dealt with on my arrival. I had to wait for 45 minutes for my room to be ready, although it was after 4pm when I arrived. I booked the room for 2 nights, but when the lady cleaned our room, she only left enough washcloths for 2 people, although we had 4 staying. Also, the coffee and cups were not replenished, and we had to go in search of a cleaning lady to get toilet tissue because there was none left in our room. I was very disappointed in the desk service when we checked in because the lady didn't seem to know what she was doing. I am anxious to get my credit card statement to see if I was charged again for the room, and if I was charged $20.00. Think I will choose another hotel the next time I am in the area.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
A twenty dollar hold (authorization) was placed on your card In case of any incidental uses (phone calls, etc). That hold is released at checkout and is spelled out on your registration card that you sign at check-in.
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
Betty
"Just what I was looking for"
The front desk woman left a lot to be desired but other than that, it was a great stay. Close to the racetrack, which is what I was looking for.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
Glad that you enjoyed your stay, sorry that you didn't like the lady at the desk.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2014
The room was nice and clean. The common areas were not as well cared for. Breakfast was good and served in a large, nice area. I would stay here if in the area.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
"Convenient and Comfortable"
Great desk service, nice, large rooms. Clean and quiet. Convenient shuttle to casino/race track that runs all night.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
So happy that you chose to share your stay with us. Please come again.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2014
jojo
"Trip to Adventure Park at Harper's Ferry"
We got this hotel because we wanted to be near the Adventure Park while in town. It's only a 10 minute commute and near plenty of stores and restaurants. The other reason we chose this hotel was for the free Breakfast. The breakfast was good for the most part...my only negatives were the pre-cooked egg omelets (eww). The rest of the breakfast was good to go. Service was quick and room was clean/ comfortable.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
Glad you enjoyed your stay, come back and see us again
2 night family trip Jul 7, 2014
Russell
"i enjoyed your swimming pool and close to the casi"
i enjoyed my stay very much
1 night trip Jun 24, 2014
Sharon Peters
"ok but issues with TV"
Our visit was okay, stayed here because of closeness to Harpers Ferry. Overall it was good but not great. TV kept going in and out. Breakfast was pretty good, had to go find a tray, they were not handy to find. Bed was too hard. Good location and price for what we needed.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Room was very clean and very comfortable bed. Nice breakfast in the morning
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Solid, clean, friendly,"
I have stayed here a couple of times while visiting the area. The Charles Town/Harpers Ferry area has a little bit of everything. There are outdoor activities (rafting, kayaking, Appalachian Trail, National Park) for everyone. The hotel is simple and clean. My room was spacious and the breakfast was fine (cinnamon rolls, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, juices, milk, cereals, eggs with cheese).
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
Rob
Very enjoyable would stay again. Staff very friendly.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Phyllis
"Modern, clean, fresh interior. HUGE room!"
I was completely not expecting the room to be so large and updated! I only stayed here because it was a recommended location for a wedding, but after our stay I think that I'll seek out Holiday Inns from now on.
4 night family trip Jun 19, 2014
"Great Experience"
My husband and I were looking for a quick and simple getaway. We wanted some outdoor activity as well as evening entertainment. This hotel's location provided both. Our days were spent on the C & O Towpath. We were allowed to bring our bikes in the hotel and leave them in our rooms. After day two we were unsure of the response since we did get caught in the rain and biked through mud. They graciously gave us extra soap and laughed with us about our condition. We did notice the tub wasn't draining too fast and this was quickly fixed. Our evenings were spent at the Racetrack. There is a shuttle that runs 24 hours a day, which was very helpful even though it was a very short distance away. Plus the price difference from this hotel to the one on the grounds was quite different yet it provided exactly what was needed. The staff was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was warm and delicious and the building was clean. We never passed an employee sitting around or talking-there was always work to be done. We would definitely go back again.
1 night romance trip Jun 11, 2014
The hotel was fine, except the shower. It made a loud squeaking sound throughout the shower that was really annoying. When I told this to the front desk staff, I was told that the shower in every room does that!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
Correct about the shower. It's something with the flow controls that makes it squeak. Honestly not sure why.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Weekend getaway"
The hotel was booked using Expedia and since the reservation was already paid for, the attendant insist she run my card for incidentals. I quickly became frustrated because rather the $10 per night hold on my account, she charged $325 (again), which took almost 20 minutes to resolve and the before I could check in. The good part was, she was very apologetic and worked quickly to remedy the problem, confirming her mistake with print-outs of the error. They were pleasant so it wasn't bad, just a mistake that took a while to fix (after you factor a 3 hour drive). The room was cleaned, cooled, fresh sheets and towels. Breakfast was pleasant and the attendant kept the area stocked since there was quite a few people eating at the time.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Nice hotel, but"
Room was clean, good breakfast, friendly staff, but no charging for electric vehicles. Though most hotels do not have this, electric vehicles are growing rapidly and they do need overnight charging at hotels. In a pinch, even an outdoor 110 outlet will do. Thanks.
1 night business trip Jun 7, 2014
Amar
"Quick stay for a half marathon"
everything was great!
Come see us again!
1 night trip May 30, 2014
jill
"Nice hotel and reasonable price"
Very clean and comfortable. Close to casino. Front desk staff was friendly. Room was a very good size.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
So glad to have you stay with us! Can't wait to see you again.
Other trip May 31, 2014
"Great place near all the sights"
Close to Harper's Ferry, the National Park, quaint old shoppes plus new places and the casino. A great place to get away.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
It was great having you! Please come see us again.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2014
LarryGreen
Bed was way too hard and slopped to one side
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
I'm sorry to hear that. We do try to keep that from happening. Fortunately we are getting some new beds in this year.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
"customer service"
Customer service could have been better.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay.
1 night business trip May 3, 2014
"NICE PLACE TO STAY"
Hotel was clean and modern. Quiet and comfotable. Good breakfast Close to Harpers Ferry
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
Really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us!
Other trip May 6, 2014
"Got My Allowance of Nicotine"
Please move your smoking area away from your front entrance. We experienced numerous folks huffing and puffing each time we used the front entrance.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
We'll see what we can do
Other trip May 4, 2014
"Wonderful stay"
What a wonderful place to vacation. Will return. The accomodatioons were great and right on time for me and my parents. Thanks
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
keekee
"Nice and clean and the staff are always friendly"
Always a pleasure to visit this hotel. It's clean, friendly, and affordable.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Good for the money.good breakfast bar Would stay again
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
Always nice to hear. Please come see us again.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
"Weekend get away"
Overnight stay the staff was very friendly, hotel and rooms were very clean and so quiet at night which is a plus being this is so close to the casino.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
"Excellent Location"
A very good stay; big room, clean, big dinning area, average breakfast. Location excellent near casino and racetrack, the casino has 24 hour shuttle to take you back and forth. Everyone at hotel is friendly, highly recommended.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
The shuttle is very convenient. I hope to see you again soon.
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
Ron & Lisa
excellent all around. the staff was exceptional
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
Really great to hear. Come back and see us soon.
1 night trip Apr 1, 2014
"Firm mattress"
This is close to Hollywood Casino and they have a shuttle with friendly drivers. However the bed was very firm and although I usually like firm, I believe I would've slept better on a sofa had there been one.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't sleep well. Our mattress's are firm and some people do have trouble sleeping.
1 night romance trip Mar 22, 2014
the first room was by the elevator that room needs to be rented to hearing impaired only . Very thankful to be placed in another room but was next to exercise room which wasnt too bad if no one was exercising. then the running up and down the hallway was noticed thru out the night . Was glad to be home the next night.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. We don't usually have so much trouble with noise.
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
hubbard
I was happy with my stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
Great news! We can't wait for you to come see us again.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
"Love Holiday Inn Express at Charles Town!"
The people are exceptionally nice, the beds are super comfortable, and their late checkout was a lifesaver after being at the casino all night!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
Awesome! I love to hear that. I'm very happy that you liked our hotel.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2014
"convenient"
Long wait to check in, only one person working the desk. Room was ok - stains on furniture and rug.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
Sorry that you didn't enjoyed your stay
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"highly recommend"
Excellent all the way. Stayed 2 nights. Free parking and 24 shuttle to casino. Large room with everything you need. very clean. Desk personnel very friendly and helpful. hot breakfast included (pancakes, sausage, bacon, eggs, cheese omlette) with pastries, assorted breads, cereal, yogart, juices, milk, and coffee. spacious dining area very clean and excellent wait staff. Close to all attractions, resteraunts, and Casino. We were pleasantly surprised.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
Wonderful to hear! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014