All hotels in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
23 33 Lonsdale StMelbourneVIC3000Australia, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great room
    Regular internet service
"Useful position"
This hotel is in close proximity to theatres, restaurants and galleries. It is neat, clean and has a small useful kitchen, as well as a small dining table, comfortable chairs and lounge. There is a supermarket downstairs nearby, and if you want to brighten the place up buy a bunch of flowers. Great if you are in town for a few days or over a weekend.
Other trip Nov 3, 2015
Kate
Wonderful place to stay, quiet, clean. We had a 1 bedroom apartment with balcony and it was wonderful.
Other trip Nov 2, 2015
"excellent location"
Extremely central to CBD, sporting venues, shops, markets, restaurants. Close to all transport.
Other trip Oct 31, 2015
"Comfortable room, great view"
I stayed on 20th floor with views of the treasury building and the MCG. I was there on business so the room was very comfortable, quiet and close to everything...only a short stroll to emporium and state library. Great value. Only criticism- could do with a full length mirror in/on wardrobe. Strongly recommend for a short stay.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
isabella
"Avoid like the plague!"
Horrible Experience. I was down for a 3 day business trip and it started and ended badly. Waited 15 minutes to check in. Once i was handed my room key I went up to my room to find the room has not been made. Another trip down to get a new room resulting in another 10 mins wasted. A few days after checkout i found a charge of $150 on my credit card. I contacted the hotel and they said they will call me back to follow up. Had to chase them up later that day to be told "we found a shower cap around the smoke alarm wrapped in black tape so you were obviously smoking in there." I told the person I don't smoke to which he replied maybe it was a guest and they have proof. He even said my colleagues room was found with the same smoke detector blocking contraption! I told them this was ridiculous and he said he'll speak to his manager and get back to me and of course he didn't. I contacted them the next day and was told they will reverse the charge (after saying i will dispute the charge). This kind of customer service is unheard of! Stay away, there are plenty of choices around.
3 night business trip Sep 20, 2015
"Close to the CBD and public transport."
I stayed here for the weekend of the Melbourne Marathon. The race start is a little less than 2 km away from the hotel. A great view of the city from the upper floors but not too noisy.
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
"great location - shame about the bed"
The 'king' bed was two singles pushed together making it uncomfortable to sleep in with my girlfriend.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
Nice clean apartment, comfy bed & friendly staff. In room dining option was great too.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
P
"Great hotel close to everything"
The staff were lovely and very attentive, the room was a nice surprise as it was so big. It was clean and tidy, the facilities and bathroom were great. For the discounted price we fit the room for we were pleasantly surprised with a lovely room with a decent view. Over All I would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Oct 18, 2015
Dani
""OK" if thats what you are looking for."
One night only. I was in late and out early so i didn't get that much of a taste. I thought the room was clean and the bed was fine, but the whole place has a rather cheap feel and is pretty charmless. The telly was the smallest I'd ever seen so I didn't bother looking at that. At the reception they took a hundred dollar deposit on my credit card. In case, I was told, I used some room services. A bit odd since apart from the shampoo, soap and miniature UHT milk, there didn't appear to be much else I could use. Overall I'd say that the value was only 'OK'.
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2015
"Nice inner city accommodation"
Nice inner city accommodation. Rooms were a reasonable size. Only downside was the queen bed were two singles joined together.
Other trip Oct 15, 2015
G
"Quiet location and handy to transport"
My sister and I came to Melbourne for shopping expedition. We had a wonderful time and found the free trams an amazing way to get around the city. It took us a day to find out about the station 2 mins up the road from the hotel. Perhaps the reception staff could ensure guests are made aware of this service so close by. We found the café next door was a great place for breakfast and the staff were most helpful and friendly. Overall our stay was very enjoyable. Hope to be back again.
Other trip Oct 14, 2015
Pearl
"Home through Melbourne"
We stayed Melbourne on our way home from Turkey. We had a one bedroom apartment with excellent views over the city. The apartment was very comfortable and spacious. All attractions were an easy walk from the hotel and there is an excellent cafe next door for breakfast which has free wifi. The hotel provides only 30 minutes of free wifi per day. If you need more you must pay but be aware that the time charged is consecutive from the time you log on. We had assumed two hours meant two hours of use over the day which was not the case. When I asked the desk about this misunderstanding we received a code for complimentary two hours which was much appreciated
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
jan
"Great value and location"
Booked day after AFL grand final and was the best priced one bedroom apartment. Great location with easy access to city tram and all CBD attractions
Other trip Oct 8, 2015
"Tiny room"
Tiny room - noise from the lifts and neighbours. Was expecting better tbh.
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
"Great location and quiet."
Great location and quiet. Hotel is easy walking distance to main train and tram stations and downtown but just far enough away to be out of the hustle and bustle. Convenience stores, theatres and good restaurants all close. We went for the AFL Grand Final so very close to the start of the parade and walking distance to the MCG across Fitzroy Gardens. Also walked to the Melbourne Museum and Carlton. Plus the hotel was within the free tram city boundary.
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
"Fabulous room, great location."
Fabulous, comfortable and beautifully clean. Would definitely stay here again. IGA with bottleshop right next door, was really handy. Could get coffee in the foyer. Only disappointment was the shower. It only had a screen which went a quarter along the bath. Water was everywhere which was a bit of a concern with a tiny bathmat. Overall a lovely place to stay. Appliances all top of the range and staff were approachable and helpful. 10 minute walk to town and one minute walk to free circle tram stop.
3 night family trip Sep 30, 2015
"nice hotel in city"
it's a very good hotel. house keeping is very good and the room is very clean. I really love that and I will come back if I come to Melbourne next time.
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
"attended a wedding -home Bendigo"
as pensioners this is upper limit of our budget. That is all
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
"great location, nice amenities"
The hotel is in a great location with nice views near the theatre district and Chinatown. Easy walk to Fed Square. The one-bedroom apartment was spacious, clean and mostly quiet. Staff were polite, efficient and knowledgeable. Would stay here again if I found a good rate again. Only minor downsides were lumpy pillows with no extras in room to swap with and could not use balcony because other people were smoking on theirs and the cigarette smoke was overpowering out there. Would be great if the whole property was non-smoking so smoking on the balconies was not permitted.
"Excellent!"
Loved everything about our stay. Super big rooms with King beds. Kitchen was roomy and awesome location.
Other trip Sep 30, 2015
kay
"needed to be close to The cancer hospital"
Good facilities for self catering. Reviews on Trip Advisor had helped telling us about IGA mini super market very close. Quiet at night & close walking distance for the Peter Mac Cancer Centre which was the pulse of our visit.
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
Was a bit out of city centre, but was clean and a nice hotel. A little unimpressed with the payment system, took over 3 days for the total amount of accomodation and safety deposit to go back into my account even though I paid cash at the end of my stay.
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
B
"Trip to Melbourne"
We enjoyed our stay, room was clean and comfortable with a great view. The Oaks is central to restaurants, bars and shopping, with trams & trains a short walk away. Only gripe was getting my bond back...
Other trip Sep 24, 2015
I really enjoyed my stay and everything was great from location, to the room and staff. Will be staying again.
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
the apartment that I had booked for the night was pretty clean, although some of the cutlery were still dirty, the place was very spacious, the The service was good, although they forgot to provide us with a hairdryer or tooth brushes. when we advised them they assisted us quickly Check in and checkout was pretty easy, I definitely recommend this place it's great, rooms are spacious, it's located in a very convenient area too
1 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2015
"Nice hotel, nice staff"
Nice hotel. Staff is extremely pleasant and polite. I had studio and the room looked rather small with a huge bathroom. But otherwise it is clean, excellent hotel - Oaks standard. Would stay again.
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
Blanka
"Very friendly helpful staff"
Stayed in an apartment which was excellent however the washing machine/dryer did not work. Hotel staff were very helpful though and took care of drying the clothes.
2 night family trip Sep 14, 2015
Sandra
"Within walking distance of many attractions"
Overall a great place to stay just disappointed after being sold to me online because of the king size bed and getting 2 singles pushed together instead. A little uncomfortable to sleep on the crack...
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
"Close to all scheduled areas for my trip"
Short overnight stay. Nice clean rooms. Stay there every time i come to Melbourne with friends. Good location to theatres and tram lines.
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
kathy
very easy and enjoyable stay. Close to theatres and good restaurants. All of CBD/ Southbank is accessible on foot. Would stay again.
2 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
"good position. quiet except for airconditioner"
I have stayed in hotel before and experience is variable. Sometimes good sometimes terrible. The volume on TV didn't work at all and the air-conditioner sounded like it was going nuclear about to explode no matter what setting was used (eg minimum) which made the night cold as had to switch it off. Ok for a single night. Would be worried about a longer stay putting up with those things. Café in foyer very good for takeaway breakfast & coffee.
Other trip Sep 12, 2015
"Very convenient and comfortable hotel. Amazing vie"
Very convenient and comfortable hotel. Amazing views.
12 night business trip Jul 5, 2015
"Convenient for where we were going"
The hotel location was ideal for our requirements, but I was disappointed that a room with 2 queen sized beds would not have 2 bathrooms. The bath over the toilet is dangerous to step into, even with a handrail.
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
Boots
"Ideal"
I rate an experience based on my expectations which take into account the rate I pay for the room and location. This was a 5/5 when it came to my expectations. The rate for room was better than anywhere else, it's right next to a supermarket and in the CBD. Even better, I received a room upgrade to a one bedroom apartment. It was very clean, roomy, had a great kitchen area and was bigger than a residential apartment in the Melbourne CBD.
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
Bec
"Fantastic accommodation in centre of Melbourne!"
After staying at this hotel on previous occasions in the past, we again stayed at the Oaks on Lonsdale for our recent short stay in Melbourne. Once again the location, staff, rooms and amenities did not disappoint! A great location with a leisurely stroll to the Bourke Street mall & the Emporium & Melbourne Central Shopping Centres only a few minutes walk away. The tram line runs from Spring Street, just off Lonsdale which made it easy to get to Southbank, DFO and Etihad Stadium. The staff were friendly and helpful right throughout our stay. The rooms were comfortable and the self contained apartments are great if you want a night in! An enjoyable experience!
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Bec
"value for money"
have stayed at this property before. this time bathroom cleanliness could have been better. overall very comfortable. value for money was good. location great
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"Very good"
Good overall stay
2 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Rolf
"Location"
Great location and there was plenty of room.
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
"Good size apartment in Northern area of city"
Fully kitchen, large bathroom with laundry and oversize living area but bedroom quite small in comparison. One bedroom apartment suitable for couples.
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
Jules
"clean and good condition"
This is a great place to stay in Melbourne. Really close to Parliament station and the trams. The beds were super comfy and the entire place was very clean. Sometimes I find 4 star hotels a bit grubby and worn out, but not here. It was all great! Will definately stay again.
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
Deb
"It's a good one"
Yet again comfy and convenient for a conference stay in Melbourne.
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
Quick stay . comfortable room.
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2015
Suzanne
"Would stay at the Oakes when staying in Melbourne."
We have stayed at the Oakes before. Great location to shops & trams. Clean accommodation & friendly helpful service. Affordable.
3 night trip Aug 27, 2015
Rosemary
Location is very good close to China Town, and the Spring St Trams. IGA next door which is very convenient. The room is spacious, decor a little on the tired side with old cooking smells and the bathroom was not the cleanest. We had constant sound problems with the TVs in both the bedroom and lounge - not a huge issue as we were out all day, but it was annoying when wanting to watch TV in our down time. When we booked in to the hotel we requested the express airport shuttle with a lady at the front desk to take us to the international airport 5 days later. As far as we knew this had been done. Luckily we double checked the day before leaving and were surprised to find that it had not in fact been booked and we could no longer get the express airport shuttle but had to get a taxi instead. The gentleman was very apologetic of the mix up. All in all it was a nice stay in a good location.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
Prefect location not far from the CBD, Staff very friendly and service outstanding. Very clean and rooms good size
2 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2015
convenient location high standard apartment exc transport nearby
"Nothing nice to say"
Never got to my room very rude at reception it would be nice to be told you need to put a bond down
Darren
"Overnight"
Great way to watch the footy at the G, plenty of restaurants and shops to visit prior to and after.
1 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
"Spacious unit close to CBD"
Staff very pleasant Unit equipped for basic cooking We spent our time in the NGV , the Miss Fisher collection at Ripponlea and shopping
Other trip Aug 30, 2015