All hotels in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
517 15th Ave SW, Calgary, AB, T2R 0R3, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Not a bad stay, but could be better service"
The hotel office seemed very reluctant to help when asked questions. They seemed to be preoccupied with their own work. I'm not sure why this was the case. Maybe I just came during a frantic weekend. Ultimately they addressed all my concerns, and I appreciate that, but they seemed very inconvenienced. It was like this isn't part of their job description at all. Also regular room cleaning wasn't a thing so I ran out of soap and toilet paper one evening and had to buy my own.I wasn't around during the office hours so I didn't have much opportunity to ask.
5 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
"Great location very central"
I liked the location as it was central also the staff was friendly, even though this hotel has a self check in. However the downside is you can hear the tenants upstairs due to the noise as the rooms as they have wooden flooring and you can hear everything, and i mean every footstep, so if you need sleep and like to rest this is not exactly the best place to stay for you. They also expect you to buy your own toilet rolls after you use the first one lol. They did supply the next roll when I asked, the staff were courteous.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Midnight
"Great hotel for a hockey road trip"
My traditional Bruins road trip came a month early this year, as I had decided I'd rather go to Calgary (then Edmonton) in February than Ottawa in my traditional week in March. Once I finally got to the hotel, the suite was excellent. My suite had an actual fridge that you could store items in. A kitchen sink, stove, microwave, even a washer/dryer in one (more of a washer than dryer). It was more of a studio apartment than traditional hotel room. Not congested like a studio apartment. The location is south of downtown Calgary. Getting to Stephen Ave. will be a hike (about a 10 minute walk for me). What is good is that the Red Mile (17th Ave. SW) is only one Ave. south. About a 15 minute walk east to the Saddledome.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
Drew
"Close to City Center"
The location was ideal for exploring Calgary by foot as it's only about 15 min. or so from main downtown. The amenities of a full kitchen as well as a comfortable living area were welcome after a day of walking! Ample closet space was a plus.
6 night trip Sep 10, 2014
"Great apartment rental, not so much a hotel"
I loved this place. The room/apartment was very clean and all the linens were soft and comfortable. It was spacious and I liked the self check in / out.However, if you are looking for a hotel experience, you will not find it here. The neighborhood is great though, and I think that this place being more like an apartment is good because it urges you to get out and see the city. Very near by is a strip of restaurants and bars, seems like a fun neighborhood, and was a very easy 10-15 minute walk right to the city center. I would recommend this place to anyone that does not need a concierge or hotel bar.
2 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
Brittany
"Bring your own Toilet Paper"
Personally I would not consider this to be a hotel. It is an extended stay suite consisting of about 20-30 rooms. More like an apartment. What the Hotel description does not tell you is that there is none of the following: Front Desk, House Cleaning, Toilet Paper, Air Conditioning, and other basic accommodations you would expect from any "Hotel". Make sure you give them the correct email because that is their communication method. If you don't receive the email or it goes to your spam folder you will not know how to check into the hotel. And if you have a question fear not, because you can Text them!. Yes, you have to Text them for assistance. Not call, or email, or run into someone, you have to Text them. So make sure your phone has text features if you want help. They refer to a Virtual Front desk, and it's up to you to check in and check out on your own. How do you check in you ask? You enter a code on the door to unlock it, then navigate to a safe where they give All tenants access to. There you find your key card and personal information about your stay. Yes, any other guest could have access to your personal info if they check in before you get there. To check out you have to Clean your room, take out the trash, do the dishes, etc. or they will charge you for additional cleaning. If you do check in here I'd recommend doing the dishes because you have to rely on the previous guest to have done their dishes as the Hotel Staff does not. Book at your own risk.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
Karl
"Close, Clean and Convenient"
I found this a great location, close to parks, downtown, the river, restaurants and the like and very roomy. The unit was very clean although they skmip on toilet paper; like be prepared to bring your own (really!). Can be noisy if you are a light sleeper so bring ear plugs. Very modern and well appointed room with kitchen, washer, dryer, great internet ..
5 night business trip May 30, 2014
"Easy accessible to downtown"
I had a good time staying in this hotel. No issues faced. It was convenient walking anywhere in the downtown. The price of the hotel is a little high though, I would recommend to stay.
3 night trip Mar 29, 2014
Chandu

Great place. Wish they had A/C though. Parking was extra $25/ day but within walking distance to downtown. We were able to walk downtown for dinner and the Stampede.
2 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
Doug
"comfy downtown chill spot"
great!
3 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"Where can I park?"
Staff was fantastic. Microwave was not working so the ordered a new one for me. Room was very nice and had everything you need for a short or long stay. Parking was a major problem. 5 small parking stalls for the whole building. No on the street parking available and all private parking in the whole area. The only reason I would not go here again is because of the parking issue.
7 night trip Mar 1, 2015
"Calgary Charm"
Luna and the office staff were warm and welcoming. If I had a question or concern they promptly addressed it to my satisfaction. I thought the price was very attractive in a downtown location. This will be my new home away from home.
3 night trip Mar 4, 2015
"Good location comfortable unit"
Located close to the dontosn area and one block back from the 17th street restaurant strip this was a comfortable unit.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
david
"Some good, some bad"
I'll start off with the good. The location of the hotel is awesome. The area is filled with great places to eat and its within a 15 minute walk of just about any downtown business location. There is a great pub right across the parking lot too. The room is comfortable and equipped with everything to be self sufficient if you choose not to eat out. The not so good. The room I stayed in is in need of some minor maintenance. The blinds are dysfunctional and make it difficult to role up to let the sunshine in. The toilet constantly leaks water so you are cleaning up water daily. Many of the lights were burnt out including the bedroom and kitchen areas. There wasn't sufficient toilet paper in the room and because housekeeping doesn't work weekends I had to go out and buy toilet paper. The sheet in the living room hidabed was dirty (stained) and when I reported it nothing was done about it. Not a huge issue as I slept in the bedroom but it doesn't give one confidence about the cleanliness. With a little attention to cleanliness and maintenance the room would be an extremely great value. However, I'm willing to spend more money elsewhere with the comfort of knowing my room is clean and I don't have to spend my downtime in the evenings mopping up water.
3 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
"Nice location."
A block away from 17th Avenue and its restaurants. The only concern I would have us during the summer or the Stampede, when 17th gets very rowdy (and loud) . Rooms were clean, and the only fault I would give it was the hallway layout just inside the doorway - a tight fit if one had large pieces of luggage.
4 night trip Nov 26, 2014
"Heart of downtown close to everything"
Online we booked a one bedroom suite however When we arrived we we where given the wrong room. However, when we messaged them about the misunderstanding we was given a two bedroom executive suite the next morning! They catered to our late arrival and late departure and made our stay comfortable and happy! I would totally recommend staying here especially the opal executive suite!
mel
"Review"
We enjoyed staying at the O Hotel Suites, but our room was stiflingly hot. We turned the heater down, but even then it was still so unpleasant. It was a little disappointing that some of the amenities weren't replaced - such as toilet paper or paper towel in the kitchen. Nevertheless, when I went to the office for help they were really helpful and obliging.
6 night romance trip Nov 10, 2014
"Stayed for 5 nights"
Room was decent, welcome kit was basic as expected, no supplies were provided for washer/dryer, but was provided for dishwasher. My bathroom door would not close fully but was not a concern. Overall the hotel was great for me.
5 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
"You get what you pay for!"
I stayed at the Ovation by O Hotel Suites for three days while on business in Calgary. Generally speaking, the suite was fine. This is not a 5 star hotel; however, you get exactly what you pay for. The suite was clean and as advertized. The parking at back was not ideal but it worked. The internet was quite poor requiring me to use up some of my cell data to access work remotely. The walls in my suite were quite thin allowing pretty much all noise to pass through. I had a late night one evening and although I wanted to sleep in a little the next morning, was not able to do so because of the movement in the other suites. I saw a previous review that suggested adding shades to block out the daylight in the morning. The response from the hotel seemed to consider that thy might do something about this. I would echo that request as the blinds alone are insufficient. Most hotels these days have this and I recommend they do so. The hallways to the second floor had a subtle odor that suggests the carpets need changing. The rooms also do not have carpet which makes the feel of the rooms far less cozy and comfortable. This would probably not be my first choice if I was to stay in Calgary again. However with the cost of hotels in the downtown core, this suite offered faily quick access to downtown and there were a number of amenities close by that offer everything a person could need.
3 night business trip Oct 27, 2014
"Close to everything"
Good with the exception of the doors slamming throughout the night.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Ryan
"Not a hotel room, more like an apartment rental"
This place is not a hotel, more like an apartment rental. You get what you pay for. It was close to downtown/17th ave. so that's a plus. There's no front desk, but you can call someone 24/7 if you have any concerns/questions, they seemed helpful. It came equipped with 2 rolls of toilet paper, one soap, one mini shampoo bottle, and a basket of treats, so if you end up staying longer than 2 days you need to buy more tp/toiletries. We didn't use the stove, but the fridge was handy. There were little stains on the towels, bed sheets and duvet. Once you sign in and find your papers in the safe, it comes with a list of rules in the contract, they are very strict with outside visitors, and will charge you extra $$ if there is a noise complaint, you have to take out your own trash and put it in the dumpster outside the building, and if more cleaning is required when the cleaners come (once a week) they might charge extra $$. The walls/floors/ceilings are very thin so you can hear a lot and there doesn't seem to be as much privacy. The guy above us had heavy feet and liked to exercise in the morning so we were woken up early by him. We could also hear him go up and down the stairs and hear doors close. There were no extra amenities besides the stove, fridge, tv, and sofabed. If you like a nice cleaned room with fresh towels/linens, this is not the place for you. Spend the extra $20/30 and get a real hotel room.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
Char
"Very clean, friendly staff, centrally located"
Safe, secure, quality place. Very nicely appointed
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
Ellwood
"Close to Mission"
If booking here, try to get a room at the front of the hotel. Since there is no air conditioning, windows need to be open at night. There is a bar at the back that makes this option very noisy. Also - no coffee maker and no hair dryer. Maybe one has to ask. Otherwise all the amenities one could wish for, including a clothes washer. The Mission district nearby is a real treat. Lots of restaurants and lovely walk options.
3 night trip Sep 23, 2014
"Comfort that exceeds the usual hotel room."
Relatively smooth check-in. Room had all one could need. Found the dishwasher extremely loud, so the recommendation to use at the night before leaving was not ideal. Also found the washer was great, but the dryer took forever to dry our clothes.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Pat
"Business stay"
Amazing place!!!! Will come back for sure
5 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
"Recommended for apartment style accomidation"
Very clean suite with all the necessary items (pots, pans, knives) Great location and easy to all routes of Calgary. Staff was helpful and check in/ out was very simple.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Tan
"Great location, but needs AC for summer."
Overall this suite gave us great value for a family of four. It was well appointed in a great location. Without air conditioning it made it very uncomfortable to sleep. This was the first suite we have ever stayed in that didn't have AC.
4 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
"Great location, great extended stay suite"
Clean, modern interior with pretty kitchen, washer/dryer, and living room area. It also had very nice linens and a comfortable bed. I loved the "self-serve" nature of this hotel. It is in a great location - right near 17th Ave with access to lots of great bars, pubs, and restaurants.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
J
"great value for an above average room"
First of all the suite was really comfortable and looked exactly as advertised in the pictures. Staff were friendly when I asked for anything. When I checked in the room had toiletries as well as a little basket of snacks which was appreciated. The location overall was good in that it was within walking distance of downtown and 17th avenue, which is quite trendy. Guests should note that there is no elevator and no air conditioning. The neighborhood presented as a but rough, however I would stay at this hotel again.
2 night business trip Jul 21, 2014
Caren
"Better for Extended Stay IMHO"
As all the other reviews have said, this is a unique experience. Kind of a virtual hotel with little or no staff to speak of. The building is a 50 year old apartment that has been converted into a hotel. And since there are full kitchens, an extended stay would be good here. It was clean, comfy and in a great location if you like to get out and about on the town (which I do). One block off 17th Ave and there restaurants, coffee shops and bars galore. But both the building and the neighborhood can be noisy. Bring your earplugs.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Doug
"Doesn't look that nice from the outside but..."
Rooms are actually quite nice. Too bad for my stupid neighbors up ALL night being drunk and obnoxious and slamming the door literally ALL night. Large gap under door didn't help, and doors are actually hard not to slam. They need to do something about that.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
dave
"Better than a hotel room"
My wife and I decided to stay at O Hotel Suites for 2 nights after reviewing on Trip Advisor hotels and other accommodation options within walking distance of downtown Calgary and finding that O Hotel Suites was by far the best value. And we are glad we decided to stay. Our 1 bedroom apartment (room 205) was much better than a hotel room - far more spacious and providing facilities you don't get in a hotel room (eg a kitchen with essential cooking utensils, a microwave, and a full size refrigerator; and a washing machine/dryer). Although the apartment is self-catering the O Hotel people provided basic supplies in the room on arrival to get you going, eg toiletries, tea/coffee - just like in a hotel. Of course, unlike in a hotel they are not replenished so when you run out of the supplies you have to go shopping to get your own. In this regard there are a number of convenience shops in the surrounding streets and a large Safeway supermarket about 15 minutes walk along 4th street in the direction opposite to downtown. O Hotel Suites does not have a reception desk or provide other services that a hotel might provide but there is an onsite office during business hours and other contact information is given if an issue should arise. Recommended.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
aussie bmh
"Never Again"
I stayed in suite 301 in O Suites by Ovation the first week of June 2014. My fiance & I booked my stay through hotels.com. I was coming to Calgary to have surgery from Edmonton. 1st, it does not have A/C, although they list "climate control" as an amenity, Climate control actually means, the room has a heater. Imagine being on 24 7 bed rest, and absolutely dying of heat on the third floor of a stuffy building. 2nd, only 1 out of the 4 stove burners worked. 3rd, wifi was absolutely horrible. I couldn't even get a strong enough signal to be able to load google. 4th, again listed as an amenity "washer/dryer", there was neither. 5th, listed was "Blackout drapes/curtains | Sofa bed | Sofa bed size double" Sounds great when you have a 6 foot, 220lb partner so you can sleep separately when recovering, not having to worry about being bumped in the middle of the night. Ya there is no other bed, only the queen. And there is simple blinds on the windows, no blackout anything. Makes it easy to sleep during the day..not. Every single thing that attracted me to stay here was a farce. The only good thing I can say is, the queen bed was comfortable. Thanks for that. Needless to say, after two nights, I was willing to take a rough 3 hour car ride home just to get out of there.
2 night trip Jun 3, 2014
Danica
"Self-Service Do Your Own Housekeeping"
This is a self-service hotel, with no one present to help you with check in and give you any information you need. You can contact a number they give you to send someone a message if needed. You have to do your own housekeeping, even take our your own garbage. They only give you one roll of toilet paper and tell you that you need to get your own after it finishes. If you do not do your housekeeping or lose a key, they can charge you $250 for each offense. The shower tiles had not been cleaned. There were soap stains all over them. They said they had A/C, but I they didn't.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
"Surprised."
-Rental apartment, not a hotel. No front desk. Said while we booked that it was the last room left, but the place was virtually empty the night we were there. Convenient location, but uninspired views of dumpsters in the alley and building 10 feet away out the window, front of building had several piles of dog feces - watch your step! Room seemed to be vacant for a while as it was dusty with very stale air. Nice work on renovation, making old fixings look new. After a short goose-chase on getting an admin. rep (no front desk), they were good about giving a refund for second night. We had to stay the first night. Representative who answered after-hours phone line was pleasant. Much appreciated! Could be a good place. Rate at a 3 star.
2 night trip Apr 19, 2014
"Good balance of downtown and lively neighbourhood."
I will stay again.
3 night business trip Apr 14, 2014
Sean
"O by ovation"
The reservation was totally messed up. We had to move to different rooms within 2 hours. Also, there was mold (I believe) in the suite and also, a plumbing leak in our suite:(
Other trip Apr 7, 2014

"Une fin de semaine à Calgary"
Un bel endroit, bien situé près de l'épicerie et d'une rue plein de restaurants. C'est tranquille.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Francine
"Lits confortables-"
L'hôtel est situé dans une rue très calme (pensez a faire vos courses avant car il n'y a pas de magasins aux alentours sauf une petite alimentation en sortant de l'hôtel un peu plus loin à droite). Il est situé à environ 1km du centre ville, le lit très confortable et la cuisine bien aménagée, par contre il n'a y pas de réception, avant votre arrivée 2 codes vous sont envoyés par mail un pour entrer dans le hall et un autre pour ouvrir le coffre pour prendre votre clé de chambre. Un peu impersonnel.
2 night romance trip Sep 1, 2014
Keline
FR
"preis/leistung=top"
Alles in Allem ists sehr gut. Lage Top, Preis Top. Kann man durchaus weiter empfehlen.
6 night business trip Jul 13, 2014
Jochen
DE
"A home away from home"
Stayed there for a week. Located in an old apartment building. Suite has been fully renovated. Kitchen had all I needed. Room was comfortable. Staying at ovation doesn't really feel like staying at a hotel but more like an apartment. House keeping comes only once a week and linens and towels were not changed during my stay. I would recommend this place. Its close from downtown and right in the heart of 17th av were you can find lots of restaurants.
Vanessa
"Departamento amoblado muy conveniente en Calgary"
En general la experiencia fue muy buena. Se trata de un departamento amoblado amplio con servicio de limpieza una vez por semana. Cumplió totalmente las expectativas. Precio conveniente para Calgary.
6 night business trip Jun 21, 2014