All hotels in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Gem in the city"
True Gem!
2 night business trip Jan 17, 2016
"Great hotel to stay!"
I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Great Location! Old room but very clean though. Hotel service very good. Breakfast great!
2 night business trip Dec 1, 2015
Jose
"Excellent location"
Good value for money Excellent location Clean My room had a huge balcony Breakfast was not great, but there are plenty of restaurants around the hotel where you can have cheap and nice breakfast.
1 night trip Dec 4, 2015
"We are going back!"
Small hotel on the edge of Byward Market. Greeted by Arvind and new out stay would be lovely. The room are basic....European style. But clean and comfortable. Hotel staff is friendly and helpful. Free Breakfast, Free afternoon tea. They have nine parking spaces on the premises which you have to reserve, otherwise the public municipal lot. Both cost the same so we stayed in the Municipal Lot. The staff really was on top of their game. We would definitely go back. Multi lingual staff was impressive.
2 night romance trip Nov 24, 2015
Lalit
"will definitely come back"
pleasant staff and good breakfast
3 night family trip Nov 20, 2015
K C Alex
The room was pretty clean and very quiet. Finishes were cheap, but honestly, everything was much better than the price led me to expect.
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2015
"Loved the stay"
loved the stay in this hotel, enjoyed breakfast and nice restaurants on this street, 10 min walk to US consulate and we found street parking right in front of hotel.
1 night business trip Nov 8, 2015
The room was pretty and the location was perfect. Two male receptionists were not too friendly and kind. I expected more from them since other staff was friendly and nice.
3 night trip Nov 2, 2015
Fumiko
"Close to everything!"
Easily found. Close to all we wanted to do. We did have to pay for parking next door in parking garage.
2 night romance trip Oct 15, 2015
Barry
My wife & I thoroughly enjoyed the area, great restaurants/bars, 10 min easy walk to Parliament Hill. The hotel is older but very nicely refurbished & the staff were great! We would definitely stay there again!
1 night romance trip Sep 29, 2015
Doug
Good breakfast. Close to byward market just 3 blocks walk.
1 night romance trip Sep 9, 2015
Leland
"Byward does not Sing the Blues!"
Byward Blue has an excellent staff; the location is 1.5 blocks from a lively restaurant area & night life area and the Byward Market. Enjoyed the Rideau Canal, observing the locks, the park, bike rental, the National Gallery, all in walking distance! We so loved the balcony and the good use of space! The only negative was that the curtains were white with no blocking of the bright sun. I appreciated the absence of carpet in the room. The breakfast was nice, but the quality of food okay. I would most certainly stay at BBInn again...and for a longer period of time!
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
Norma
"Recommended without hesitation"
An awesome location, safe, easy to find, close to everything. Recommend it with no hesitations. Only 9 free parking spots but parking lot next door was only $13 for 24 hours.
2 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
"Good hotel, good value, well located"
The hotel was quite pleasant, well located, and homey. Not new so don't expect super-modern finishes. Good breakfast. Biggest problem is the lack of central A/C in the rooms - the portable units in the rooms are extremely loud and you have to run them constantly during the warm season, plus it's quite easy for the air hose to detach. It wouldn't be necessary to run the A/C so much if the hotel would just provide standard free-standing or table top fans. It would save energy and be much more pleasant for sleeping than the loud roar of the A/C! In the cooler seasons, I expect this wouldn't be an issue.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
We would definitely choose this hotel for our next trip to Downtown Ottawa
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
"Coverence and comfortable place."
Good loucation and service.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
chuan ching
"close to the action"
stay here in Ottawa if you want to be close to the night life!
1 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Pasquale
"Comfortable"
Great area of Ottawa. The accommodations are pleasant and comfortable. A good value.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2015
Jeffrey
"Better than expected."
The hotel for the price was much better than expected…even the breakfast was good. This is not a luxury hotel, but the location for tourists and getting around the city is perfect. Room was fine, nothing luxurious but everything worked and was clean. We would stay there again
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
"Better than not"
I like to stay at this Hotel as its walking distance to Byward market which is fun place to walk around and eat and drink.
1 night business trip May 11, 2015
Craig
"Great location within the city--"
This is a very quaint little hotel. Great breakfast, very comfortable room, very quiet. It is located within walking distance of so much to do and see and provided a great little respite to come back to. We enjoyed sitting out on our little patio for a second cup of coffee, and on the porch for breakfast.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
best hotel in Ottawa!!!!! Angelo from the front desk, is the best concierge in town!!!
1 night business trip May 21, 2015
maria
"Great location, great staff, very clean room."
Loved staying there it is a nice little hotel with easy parking next to it.
Other trip May 16, 2015
Jemma
"the best choice in Ottawa"
perfect, the people in reception is great, very helpful
3 night business trip May 8, 2015
maria ines
Nice,and good location.very good breafast.
1 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
hua
"clean quiet and friendly,"
overall a great hotel, quiet, tastefully done. Rooms are good size, its an older hotel but well kept. A little patio off my room, but it was quite cold so I couldn't use it. great breakfast and service in the dinning area. Location is great, close to everything downtown, but still not noisy. Street parking is available as long as you move your car by 7am. Parking is a few buildings away and its pay parking.
4 night family trip Mar 23, 2015
Vida
"Certainly NOT Blue!"
The hotel was a pleasant surprise and I was happy with everything.
2 night business trip Apr 18, 2015
Robert H.
"I loved this hotel!"
The hotel staff was always nice to me. I liked free bearkfast and coffee.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Once again, the perfect stay..."
This is the second time I've stayed at Byward Blue Inn, and I've loved it both times. The rooms are clean and bright enough without being overbearing. The decor is simple but nice, which is exactly what I want. The location is perfect as well - I stay here when renewing my E-3 visa at the US Embassy which is literally at the end of Clarence Street, just a few minutes walk away. The last night I stayed was a Thursday, and I was awoken by some jerks having what sounded like a party a few rooms away. The were speaking very loudly, obviously drunk. The hotel manager on duty promptly came up and politely but firmly ejected folks who were not staying at the hotel, but the noise persisted a little while later. The MOD then again politely but firmly asked the guests to leave the hotel, as they were being obnoxious. Well done! I was able to go back to sleep and have the rest of the night uninterrupted. I've stayed a total of 10 nights and that was the only incident ever. Every other night has been blissfully uneventful and quiet! Thank you.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Nate
"Delightful Inn, great location"
Great location near restaurants, shops and all things to see and do. We parked in the hotel garage with in/out privileges but walked everywhere. Full breakfast and all day good coffee included. Staff very pleasant, helpful and professional. Easy walk to the National Gallery of Art, Parliament buildings, downtown and most major sights. The Inn has about 40 rooms on 6 floors, and a garage in the basement reachable by the elevator. We were there during a busy vacation week but all was quiet - like nice apartment living. Room amenities are great: cable TV, wi-fi, microwave, fridge, dishes, sink, full bathroom with tub, small dining table with 2 chairs, and a work desk area with swivel chair . Our room had a balcony with small table and 2 chairs. Three delightful days and nights at a reasonable price.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Gail
Very Comfortable - would recommend it to others when travelling to Ottawa
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
"Great, comfy place"
Everyone was extremely pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was great too.
2 night business trip Mar 8, 2015
"Nice little place in Ottawa!"
We love the ByWard market area, and stay there every time we go to Ottawa. We have stayed in several places, and like the Inn very much, as it is a very good value and has excellent location.
1 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
juan
"Weekend in Ottawa"
Good value for the money. Free breakfast was very good
2 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
dennis
"The warmest home in the coldest season"
I travelled to Ottawa to process my US visa and booked myself at Byward Blue Inn online based on strong reviews that I read and which I found out to be correct. I arrived by bus from New York and when I got to the hotel it was only 8.30am meaning way before the normal check in time. The receiptionest was such welcoming person who not only checked me in a beautiful room but also offered if I wanted that I could have breakfast. I felt welcomed and felt at home. Being winter and this being snowy Ottawa you can imagine if I was to encounter unwelcoming receiptionest what that might feel on top of the cold weather. The afternoon tea is excellent, location is one of the best just at a walking distance to US embassy, at the heart of the historic market and close to the Mall. Price is also great paid below $100usd. Stay here and enjoy the comfort that small hotels offer.
3 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
"Excellent hotel, staff and location"
Everything was great about this hotel. From their welcoming and very helpful staff, to their amazing location. Not to mention, their honesty (I forgot expensive items in the room and they called me to deliver). I will be back! PS: very nice artwork.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Rady
"A little gem in the center of Ottawa"
This is a small, unpretentious hotel right in the centre of Ottawa, walking distance to many major attractions and all the shopping. The room is clean, and comes with a fridge, microwave, a coffee maker and free bottled water. THE FULL BREAKFAST IS FREE!!! Eggs, breakfast burritos, croissants, etc...There is also afternoon tea...The staff is friendly and efficient. I would definitely go back!
2 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
"Great value in Byward Market"
I chose the Byward Blue Inn for location and price. It was convenient for driving in and out of downtown Ottawa, and easy walking distance to restaurants and other things to do. The room was comfortable enough for business trip alone, but if traveling with someone I would have liked a comfortable sofa or couple of stuffed chairs for hanging around at times. The room did have a fridge, small table, and 2 chairs at the table which would have been great for eating in the room. Staff were very helpful and friendly. The free breakfast was OK, not anything special, but enough to get through to lunch. Parking very convenient (though limited) in an underground garage; stress limited. Summary: great place for a business trip when I'm traveling alone and not in the room much; price was great and I would stay there again.
2 night business trip Feb 8, 2015
"Rcent stay"
Had a nice stay, it's a smaller hotel but the rooms are very nice and location is excellent. The only problem I had was inconsistent Wifi connectivity. As a business traveler this is very important, connectivity was spotty depending on location and the support wasn't very helpful. Nothing against the hotel staff, they contract this work out.
4 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
"winterlude 2015"
the breakfast and the tea exceeded expectations. the hotel is a little care worn but the location is superb. they were having internet problems while we were there. they were resolved by sunday morning but we were checking out on sunday so the fix came a little late. i would rebook however, the pluses far outstripped the negatives.
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Aloysius
"Nice hotel, close to city"
Decent breakfast, Accessible to major attractions in the city.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"weekend getaway"
Great location, lots of shopping restaurants and nightlife. I loved staying at a hotel that wasn't a chain, it had so much more character.
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
"2 nights late December 2014"
We found the room comfortable and decently appointed. The morning breakfast was more than we expected, although the coffee we found very strong. The hotel staff were very polite, and were ready to help with information about near by attractions. The central location made touring the capital very easy. When the need arises I would be happy to stay here again.
2 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
allan
It is very beautiful hotel i would like to recommend this hotel
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"nice hotel close to everything"
Great place to stay if you are in Downtown Ottawa. Blocks away from restaurants and Byward market. Walkable to Parliament Hill and Rideau canal. Quiet area. Close to US embassy ( few blocks away) perfect for anyone with some of business there. Convenient location. Clean and met expectations of a decent mini hotel.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Vic
"Good Location and Very Lively"
Location : This place is located in the Byward market which has plenty of cafes, pubs, restaurants and market. You can walk, crawl or run after your drank from the pubs in Byward market to hotel. So BEST LOCATION. Parking : Hotel has a parking which cost - $15/night, Next door to hotel is a private parking space -$13/night, Byward market parking is 2 mins walk from the hotel ( heard its cheaper than $13/dollars) Hotel Staff : Friendly, helpful, courtesies and knowledgeable about the Ottawa - I will rate them 5 stars Room : Room is filled with IKEA furniture. Microwave, plates and cups made our life easy. Refrigerator is also avaialble. I will rate 3.5 for the room. Rooms are clean. Remember this place is an old establishment. US Embassy : This place is 5 min walk to US embassy.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
PG
"Old hotel, but fantastic location and people"
The staff at Byward Blue Inn was extremely courteous, helpful and friendly. The service was top-notch, and the complimentary breakfast was excellent every day. The hotel, as you can tell by the name, is literally steps from Byward Market with dozens of excellent restaurants and shops. The only negative comment is that the hotel is very old and the updates haven't been very good, so the rooms are not attractive nor are they particularly comfortable.
3 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
Convenient for people who go to American embassy, byward market, and parliament hill. It's located in downtown, quiet neighborhood, and on too of that, you have complimentary snacks, cookies, crackers, fruit, coffee and tea on tea time everyday.
Macha
"Great location, wonderful staff"
I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. It has a great location, close to all the restaurants. Very nice, accommodating staff. Breakfast was pretty basic, but sufficient, and the afternoon tea (with cheese, cookies, crackers) was a nice touch. Rooms were very warm (it was cold outside). I would stay there again.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
Anna
"pretty nice, great part of town"
great location, and free breakfast
2 night business trip Nov 4, 2014