All hotels in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

• Value for money
  • Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Room is all right
Convenient for people who go to American embassy, byward market, and parliament hill. It's located in downtown, quiet neighborhood, and on too of that, you have complimentary snacks, cookies, crackers, fruit, coffee and tea on tea time everyday.
Macha
"Great location, wonderful staff"
I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. It has a great location, close to all the restaurants. Very nice, accommodating staff. Breakfast was pretty basic, but sufficient, and the afternoon tea (with cheese, cookies, crackers) was a nice touch. Rooms were very warm (it was cold outside). I would stay there again.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
Anna
"pretty nice, great part of town"
great location, and free breakfast
2 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
Jonathan
"Great Quality! Great place to stay."
I always stay here when I visit Ottawa, love the service, the rooms are clean and are well equipped. The staff always go above and beyond to make you comfortable. They are the best!
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2014
"Perfect!"
I went to renew my US work visa at the US Embassy in Ottawa, which is at the end of Clarence street (the street that the hotel is on). I selected on price and proximity, and was quite frankly expecting somewhat of a lower-end experience. I was pleasantly surprised, as ByWard Blue is definitely not that! The room was clean, simple and had everything I needed (including a microwave). The bed was very comfortable, bedding was clean and modern, and I slept well every night (even though the visa renewal experience is a little stressful). The hotel is quaint without being presumptuously so, and very close to everything, with great food close by. All in all, a teriffic experience!
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Nate
"Stay here if you have to go to US Embassy"
Close to the Embassy.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
"Excellent location!"
Convenient and functional. Very clean. Friendly staff.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Julian
"Basic hotel in a good location"
Friendly hotel with simple rooms offering basic comfort and a good breakfast. Thin walls allow you to enjoy the experience of the other guests at no extra charge. An overall enjoyable stay with excellent dining and shopping in the neighbourhood. Beware of big city prices.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
antonie
"exceptional"
enjoyed our stay very much for all the reasons rated asbove
2 night trip Aug 5, 2014
peter
"Great location!"
the rooms were adequate, the staff very friendly, breakfast very good and the location just great!
2 night trip May 28, 2014
Our favourite hotel in Ottawa. Breakfast was amazing! The only minus was the company next door. They party the whole night and it was loud. All the rest is great!
1 night trip May 31, 2014
Maria
I was very impressed with this hotel. It was quaint, the breakfast was AMAZING, the staff was friendly, and the location was unbeatable. I had a great stay and wished I was there longer. I highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
Cass
Clean, friendly staff
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2014
"close to all downtown pub"
We really enjoy our staying at Byward Blue Inn. Friendly staff. Has a homy feeling.
1 night business trip Mar 31, 2014
"Good price for the location."
A good clean comfortable place for a nights rest..
1 night trip Mar 17, 2014
The Inn was very pleasant, great location, public parking right next door, and the included breakfast was very good.
1 night romance trip Jan 25, 2014
"Quietest Hotel Room Ever"
Moderate hotel, clean, close to Byward Market with lots of pubs, restaurants and activity. I was upgraded to a room with a queen bed, and my room faced the street (5th fllor) -- but I heard no street noise. The parking garage is very tight, but convenient.
1 night trip Dec 5, 2013
Theresa
"Good Location and Good Value"
This is a comfortable and quiet small hotel which is well located close to the restaurants in the Byward Market area and close to downtown Ottawa. The staff are friendly and the hotel has a homey atmosphere with a complimentary tea served in the lobby in the afternoons for guests. The rooms are comfortable and nicely appointed with a work space desk and a flat screen television plus a kitchenette.
Other trip Nov 8, 2013
"You Won't Be Blue"
For the right traveler, this property can work right. Perfect location in the heart of Byward, home to great dining choices and shopping. Two blocks from the U.S. embassy and parks. Parking overnight next door was reasonable but very convenient. A clean room, a decent room rate, but this won't be your place for a "romantic getaway" or a place to kick your feet up and recline to chill a bit. My room was acceptable size for a single person, but felt a bit "hard" - no carpeting (was a pergo type floor) and the chairs were a typical kitchen chair, no cushioned arm chair to read, etc. Bed was OK. BUT - if you don't plan to spend much time in your room, and want to take in some of the best Ottawa can offer, this unique little hotel can be a pretty good launch pad. It's a clean place, a little on the spartan side. Just don't take your significant other and expect to make points. BTW, I plan to return.
1 night trip Oct 29, 2013
"Love this place!"
I stayed here 4 years ago when I first came to Ottawa and loved it. I stayed here again for a week this time. Friendly staff, nice and cozy environment, clean and comfort rooms, convenient location. I will always stay here when I am in Ottawa!!!!!!!
Other trip Oct 30, 2013
The continental breakfast that they offered was delicious, and the staff was friendly. However, the bed was uncomfortable because there were no cross supports on the frame.
2 night trip Oct 5, 2013
Cassie
"good location - feels like a large b&b"
good, the desk clerk wasn't as knowledgeable as he should have been about where to find things nearby, but otherwise good.
2 night trip Sep 16, 2013
fred
This hotel was in the heart of the Byward Market shopping area. Tons of places to eat at nearby. Room was spotless, modern and had a tiny kitchenette. Breakfast was a nice combination of hot and cold items. Would highly recommend!
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
"Best kept secret"
We absolutely loved our stay, the place was quiet and very clean, Had a good breakfast included. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect, easy walking to the Hill, National Mint, the Market etc. we left our car in the lot and walked everywhere. Can't say enough good about this place.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2013
"close to embassy"
goog
1 night trip Jul 29, 2013
"Next to Byward market but a bit disappointing"
Good about the hotel 1) 2-4 minutes walk to byward market. Right in the downtown 2) Fridge & microwave in the room 3) Good complimentary breakfast Bad 1) Bed not very comfortable. Makes noise too 2) AC not up to expectation. Was a bit warm even after AC on. (maybe it was my room unit) 3) Check out time was strict. Maximum 30 minutes more
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
Globe Trotter
Great location near byward market. Very convenient public parking near by with great rate for the area.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
ringo
"Terrific location and nice quality city inn"
Nice quality inn steps away from Byward Market, museums and Rideau Canal. Comfortable room, fresh and clean with basic amenities and balcony overlooking courtyard. Simple complimentary breakfast and easy on-site parking. Pleasant, helpful service. Ideal for a couple who will be on the go and want cleanliness and simple services.
2 night romance trip May 24, 2013
Holly
"Relatively Nice"
They included a breakfast, but is only available from 7-9:30. Room was loud because of the popular/busy street. No fan in room available to drown out loud people outisde.
2 night trip Apr 28, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Simple and nice"
The hotel was quite comfortable for my daughter and I. The complimentary breakfast was simple and satisfying. Great place and great price if you are not extravagant. The location, of course, is excellent.
2 night family trip Apr 8, 2016
janet
We really enjoyed the hotel. Friendly staff and very clean room. Close to everything.
2 night family trip Apr 9, 2016
"Great little Hotel"
very nice and very affordable hotel.No complaints
1 night romance trip Apr 5, 2016
zachary
"Pleasantly Surprised"
Great area of the city to stay in, very walkable. The breakfast was substantial a great way to start a day of sightseeing.
3 night romance trip Apr 2, 2016
Leslie
"perfect!"
cute place
3 night business trip Mar 28, 2016
Can't really see why this hotel gets such amazing reviews!! The beds are not comfortable at all. The pillows are the worst. Room furnishings from ikea. The bathroom is very dated and the plumbing is so noisy. The room next door kept flushing the toilet and the noise was deafening and went on for a good few minutes after. Breakfast was ok but nothing to write home about. Wifi isnt too great. Can't say the staff were that friendly either. I guess for the price it's an ok 3 star hotel. The location is good though. Lots of bars and restaurants within a couple of minutes walk and we'll located for sightseeing.
2 night trip Mar 27, 2016
kirsty
I stay here often, and like to go back. Good hotel, great location.
2 night romance trip Mar 26, 2016
James S
"Easter Weekend"
Enjoyed an Easter weekend break at the Byward Blue Inn. Great location to all sights and restaurants in Ottawa and we were able to walk everywhere we needed to go. The breakfast was great every day and the afternoon tea was a pleasant surprise.
4 night romance trip Mar 23, 2016
"Comfy room great rate!"
The hotel is a secret gem! The breakfast buffet was more than we expected and was good value for the money. We would stay again!
1 night family trip Mar 25, 2016
Cindy D
"Byward Blue"
I really enjoyed the inn. Great location; friendly staff. Nice breakfast included. Clean, comfy room.
1 night romance trip Mar 25, 2016
"Great little hotel!"
My daughter and I were there visiting the universities. The Byward Blue was conveniently located. We found the staff friendly and helpful. The accommodations were simple and spacious, exactly what we needed. Breakfast was much nicer than your typical hotel fare. We will definitely return!
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2016
"Great hotel/inn, excellent location."
Loved our stay. Recommend highly!
2 night romance trip Mar 16, 2016
Daniel and Cathy Martin
Great location,quiet neighbourhood
3 night romance trip Mar 11, 2016
Leo
"Two thumbs up!!!!!!!!"
I have no complaints with this place. Bed was extremely comfortable. Room and bathroom were clean. Less than a minute walk to the heart of the byward market. Parking garage right next door. Very friendly service and complimentary breakfast the next morning was good. I have no reservations recommending this place. We will definitely be returning here the next time we stay in Ottawa! On a side note, we were in town for a senators hockey game. A quick walk down the street is a bar called the Senate. We paid $5 each and were shuttled to the game and back. No worries about driving or parking at game.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2016
tim
"Hidden gem downtown"
We've stayed at the byward many times if your looking for a clean friendly place to stay with a great breakfast this is a great spot It is very artisty great location
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2016
Adam
"Great Little Hotel with European feel"
The location was amazing. It is less than one block from all of the restaurants, pubs and happenings of Byward Market, however it is on a quite street! It is very reminiscent of a European hotel. The room was surprisingly big and had a microwave, fridge, and table and chairs. We walked everywhere. We will definitely book this hotel again.
2 night romance trip Mar 11, 2016
"Very happy"
Second stay for one night while visiting daughter at carlton university. Very central location, but easy to get to by car. Parking limited on site but big municipal parking lot right next door. room was excellent as was service and breakfast. Only thing wrong was tv remote that they couldnt fix but they offered an alternate room had we wanted. Lots of places to eat close by and easy walk to parliament etc. Overall the hotel is clear and tidy but it is in an older building so you have to ok with that...
1 night romance trip Mar 11, 2016
Phillip Short
"Awesome"
Would recommend
2 night romance trip Mar 4, 2016
"Great Time Downtown"
This hotel is located in a perfect location for walking downtown to eat or sight see. Highly recommend this place for people who like to walk around the city, only down fall is the parking situation. The breakfast was great, they had quite a bit of options. They also have a tea time with some snacks. Hotel staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. Will definitely be coming back.
3 night romance trip Feb 17, 2016
I stay a lot in hotel and it was, by fay, the best complementary breakfast that I've ever had.
1 night romance trip Feb 26, 2016
Marc-André
Location was perfect for hanging out in Ottawa. Walking distance to great restaurants, shopping, and uOttawa. Breakfast had great variety. I will book this hotel again...but I will bring my own pillow next time.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2016