All hotels in Mequon, Wisconsin, United States of America
10401 North Port Washington Rd, Mequon, WI, 53092, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great inexpensive stay"
Great overall experience!
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
"A real room key - it's gonna be an adventure!"
A room key! I mean a real one. This is more of a motel than hotel. It is 57 years old and the owners are doing their best to make it an exceptional experience. That's why I am so tossed as to the review.I will say that the room I was in is out-dated - with the waft of nostalgia came the aroma of cigarettes and coffee. The room just wasn't fresh. The bathroom, again antiquated, but immaculate as to cleanliness. The bed was comfortable and I am sure had stories to tell. The sheets were pink, matching the tile in the shower. The towels were the softest in this two-week tour of Wisconsin and Illinois - the Scottee Towel-O-Meter puts it at a 4. (1 being sandpaper and 5 being heavenly). The owners are in the process of renovating so maybe you will get one of those rooms. I wish them the best!
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2015
"Do not judge a book by its cover."
We had a great stay. Motel room was excellent very comfortable and clean. The motel was in a good neighborhood and not far from shopping, eating, or the freeway. From the outside one might be inclined to pass up this motel, however; it was a great place to stay and at a very reasonable rate.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
Kelli
"A little getaway"
The staff was great. The only issue was that the room initially had a foul oniony smell. I went out and bought candles and air freshener, raised the windows and the smell dissipated. Other than that perfect!
2 night trip May 21, 2015
Antonia
"Wisconsin visit"
Older facility and no breakfast, but the rooms were spotless and nicely updated. Overall we were very pleased
1 night romance trip May 13, 2015
Sidney
"Very satisfied customer"
Easy access to the highway. Very clean neighborhood. Close to shopping and restaurants. The Chalet is very clean and comfortable. I felt very safe traveling there on my own. Would definitely stay there again.
3 night trip Apr 10, 2015
Darlene
Love the old architecture. Room was clean, bed was comfortable.
1 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
"Would Not Stay Here Again."
Small room with questionable who was running the place. Heard a lot of noise during the stay, such as little children. Didn't see any children, but I think they were living there somewhere.
2 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
"Great hotel in Mequon"
This is an older hotel, but very nice! Very clean, quiet, comfortable rooms. (One in our group wanted to take the bed home!) You can tell that the owners take a lot of pride in this place, and spend significant money keeping it up. Good restaurants across the street.
1 night romance trip Mar 19, 2015
"Will stay here again"
Clean, comfortable and affordable. Hotel staff is very nice and very professional. Will stay here again.
2 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
Renee
"Charming stay in Mequon"
The Chalet is an older motel with basic amenities, but it is clean, quiet, and staff are friendly. We have stayed there multiple times for activities at nearby Concordia University and plan to stay there again.
2 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
"Old school motel, but very nice."
Only complaint was the channel selection for the TV, pretty limited.
1 night business trip Apr 26, 2015
"nice motel"
I enjoyed my stay here. The beds were very comfortable and the room had all the accommodations that I needed like, Microwave, refrigerator, and cable.
3 night trip Apr 17, 2015
"Pleasant Stay"
The hotel was clean, staff efficient and courteous. They recommended a great breakfast cafe. I would recommend this to a friend.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Stay was great, but"
Something bothered our eyes a little. Maybe Cleaning fluid or something
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
"Great getaway"
Great
1 night trip Feb 26, 2015
Marilyn
"comfortable clean room"
older motel but well cared for and getting upgrades, room entry direct from parking lot, quiet construction
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Wonderful Stay!"
wonderful! clean and cute! even had a real key instead of key card.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Timothy
"getaway"
Great find for a weekend by our kids
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
tom and brenda
"Outdated but good cleanliness, location, and cost"
I've stayed here before and is in a good location. There is a charm to the hotel however that charm comes with some antiquated characteristics like the decor and TV. The motel style living is good for some, and the rooms are in good and clean shape.
1 night business trip Feb 9, 2015
"not much to offer"
Very sparse room; no bathtub, only shower. No listing of television channels No breakfast offered; no restaurants nearby.
3 night trip with friends Feb 2, 2015
Sandra
"Nice hotel for a family to stay at"
Our room was very clean. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The location is good also.
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
"Great value in the Northshore of Milwaukee"
Very pleasant place to stay. Great value. Great staff. Conveniently located for downtown access without having to pay the excessive parking fees of downtown hotels. Perfect place when you don't need all the extras like a pool or on site restaurant.
2 night trip Jan 10, 2015
Darrell
"New home base north of Milwaukee"
The Chalet Motel more than met my needs. The icing on the cake was having the parking lot cleared of snow/ice early in the morning. It's my new home base north of Milwaukee.
1 night business trip Jan 8, 2015
Edward
"Great Place to Stay"
We always enjoy our stay at the Chateau. Family live near-by, and it is warm, clean and welcoming.
4 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Overnight stay"
clean- noticed they are doing some updating, will be very nice when done. Easy location to get to.
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
Cathy
"Charming stay in Mequon"
We have stayed at the Chalet Motel several times. This is an older motel, but rooms are comfortable, quiet, and clean. Overall, the Chalet is a good value and less expensive than other options in the area. We've stayed in the fall and winter when pumpkins and Christmas trees are for sale in the parking lot. We will return.
3 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
"5-day stay"
Stayed four days in one room and one day in Executive room. First room had hydronic heat(water circulation) and was warm throughout the room. First room had entry door hard to open. Executive room had air heat back of room and was cold up front. On-site restaurant is closed. Two good restaurants across street and good breakfast/lunch spot a block north. Staff friendly and accommodating. Motel dated but clean. Room cleaned every day over my extended stay.
3 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
Greg
"A Review of Chalet Motel!"
My daughter and I had a great stay at Chalet Motel Mequon. We would stay there again.
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
susan
"Plain , but just enough"
The hotel is very simple, rooms are clean and in order for your stay. Not much interaction with staff . It was a clean room, clean bathroom. Nice, but very simple.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"quick stay over great location"
I was in town for a late afternoon funeral service and glad that I booked a room as it was terrrible weather. I just needed a short time at the motel and it was comfortable and I felt safe even though it was accessed using an outside door.
1 night family trip Nov 24, 2014
Shelli
"Nice Place"
Overall a very good experience - quiet, comfortable bed, clean, attractive. There were 2 things I wasn't happy with. (1) I couldn't control the heat in the room; it got too hot at times and the thermostat wasn't very responsive. (2) I had to have an interaction with the owner related to confusion around my reservation and on-line payment, and she was rude and short. Aside from that, though, it was a good experience.
5 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
"Super comfort and close to everything!"
We went up for a hockey game and looked for someplace close to the rink. This place had a good rating so we gave it a shot, even though I am not usually partial to motels. Wow, am I glad we stayed there!! I have to say it was spotless with the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. It was convenient, close to everything, the only thing we were disappointed in was that the restaurant on the property was closed and up for sale/lease. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
Bethany
"Quaint motel, good people at the desk"
2nd stay here - I adore this place and the people. EVEN though the shower head was loose and the table had a wobbly leg. Clean and old-fashioned. I recommend it.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
Douglass
"Wow - great value!"
This is a sweet, old-fashioned motel. Large comfortable rooms, very clean. Quiet neighborhood in Mequon. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Ripon alum
"A Very Peasant Stay"
Aside from the fact that the Motel needs a a little makeover on the outside, it was a very pleasant and comfortable experience. My wife and I stayed in one of the Executive Rooms with the king-sized bed, and it was extremely comfortable, roomy and very clean. Sure some things might be a little dated, like the TV--it was a large tube set, not a flat screen, but viewable. On the other hand, it had free W-Fi and ethernet cable connections, so it balanced out. Everybody was nice and friendly as well. Overall it suited our purpose quite nicely.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Phillip
"Great Stay for the price"
For the price, this was exactly what I needed---close to the Concordia campus, easy access to the highway--across the street from an ADORABLE little restaurant (skip the italian place and go to the adjacent home-cooked food across the street). The shower was big, the chairs comfy, and everything good quality. I'll be staying again!
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Carah
Great motel for the price! Super clean rooms, nice neighborhood, and plenty of places to eat nearby. Would definitely stay again for a soccer tournament weekend.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"quaint hotel"
the executive suite was fantastic at its price point.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
phu
"Close to destination"
We were told there was a breakfast, but there was not. Room was to have shower/bath. Shower only and it was large. Needs updating. Room was clean.
1 night trip with friends Sep 2, 2014
"Nice Place"
I enjoyed my stay very much. I'm definitely coming back.
3 night trip Jul 29, 2014
TJJ
"Perfectly nice hotel"
I enjoyed my stay at the Chalet Motel. The service was very friendly. The room was very clean and I liked the fact that there is natural light coming into the bathroom. The Italian restaurant across the street was excellent. I will stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Ricardo
"nice place but no sleep"
Just stayed here a few days ago. Was nice enough place but walls are paper thin and people in room next to us were having some type of party til well after 2 am. Called front desk on multiple occasions but even their attempts didn't work. Got about 3 hours of sleep...not worth it for the money.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2014
"8/6/2914"
If your tired of the big box motels this is a nice no frills motel. It was very clean and the people are very friendly. Just across the street from two good reatraurant
1 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
"very clean except through carpet"
Very impressed with how clean the room was... except for the carpet. Entire family had very dirty feet after one night stay. Otherwise, for the price, it was a nice room.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
"Good value. Well kept."
Going to the EAA in Oshgosh the next morning, an hour and a half away. Littlerly the closest, reasonably priced motel. Was actually pleasantly surprised. It was older but you could tell their maintenance man took pride in keeping it up. And the room just felt clean. Probably wouldn't rate a 3 star just because it hasn't had a renovation in a while but certainly rates more than your average 2 star
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
marty
"Good place for the night"
The room was clean and the bed was relatively comfortable. The only problem I had was it was a challenge getting into my room both times I needed to. I'm not sure if it was due to the humidity and the door/key entry was a challenge because of this.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
MMcHugh
""motel" priced right"
Initial room provided was an "executive" room in the older section which had the traditional window air conditioner. It made such a noise that we had to move to another room. Happily the room in the newer section was much improved. For the price, it was a comfortable, clean "motor hotel" with outside entry to rooms.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Just an o.k. hotel"
At one time this was probably a top notch place, but it seems to be stranded in time. The room was clean, but had a peculiar scent. Not overpowering, just odd, and probably due to age. The bathroom was big for a motel. That was nice. The shower head wasn't completely functional tho. The towels were small, thin, and scratchy. Sheets were clean. They were also pink! Lol. Bed was comfortable enough. A/C worked ok. The chain lock on my door was broken. When I took it to the office they made a note of it, but did not offer me another room. I thought that was bad business. No pool, no fitness center, no breakfast etc. So if you're used to those things in the chains, don't stay here. If you just want a room with a bed, it's fine.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
"OK Hotel"
Chalet Motel is a decent 2 star motel. The room was quiet and clean with a good bed. The web site advertizes an adjoining restaurant, which was closed. The refrigerator worked well, but it was unplugged upon arrival. There was also left-over grounds in the coffee maker. Having 2 restaurants across the street is a plus. Short drive to breakfast locations.
1 night business trip Jul 7, 2014