All hotels in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Center of Manuel Antonio, Behind the Church and the P, Manuel Antonio, Puntarenas, Costa Rica, ‏‎800-491-6126

TripAdvisor reviews for Hotel Pacifico Lunada

"We really had a good time!!"
03/18/15 huevers San Jose, Costa Rica
Me and my friends have a really nice time eveytime we come here (several times in the past 3 years). Only good experiences and awesome customer service. The prize is reasonable for the other prizes in this area and the rooms are always nice and clean. It is a very family friendly place and sometimes there are even animals likes monkeys or racoons visiting. Breakfast (Gallopinto) and the other breakfast options are delicious. I can not complain about this place!!! I totally recommend it!!!
"Avoid this 'motel' unless paying $50 or less a night - read this"
02/11/15 Jeff189 Kelowna, Canada
$151/night for 7 nights prepaid and we left after 3 nights (no refund either) for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I was so upset at the lack of value for the money and second, the place just isn't that nice with a poor atmosphere - has a real under-managed, run down feel. I've uploaded some pictures, very basic - nail in wall where picture should be, paper towels stuffed in gap between window and noisy air conditioner. No shower curtain, no shampoo, no face clothes, 3 hangers for 2 people, TV on desk and no chair to sit in. Pool is missing tiles, had a lot of leaves and scum. Laundry hangs to dry in full view of pool and guest room (applaud the environmental aspect). The breakfast was decent. There is a bar (part of breakfast area) but I did not see it tended, ever. Management did their best to appease my concerns with room amenities but at the end of the day, we were at odds on what "3" stars meant and I wanted something nicer so moved on. Management was argumentative saying I expected too much and justified their price based on supply and demand factors, not value. Wifi in rooms is outright misrepresentation in advertising. It is only available near the kitchen and office. Hotel.com was unable to recover any money for me. Here is some positive: If you can get this place for $50/night, don't mind rustic and can speak Spanish, it would be fair. It is really a 1 star motel. It is in good walking distance to buses, some of the cheaper restaurants and the grocery store. I made a bad decision to stay here and hope this review helps you avoid the same mistakes. Sorry if the tone of this is negative. I am having trouble getting over the experience.
"Pacifico Lunada a hotel to remember"
12/31/14 620robert Port Saint Lucie, Florida
If you are looking for a hotel with bare, bare, bare,bones service, this is your place! First upon looking at the hotel, the pool was dirty, the shower head was a trickle, then it fell off, after asking for a screw driver, the desk clerk showed up with a pareing knife. The two thin towels had stains on them, along with the sheets had (unquestionable) stains on them. I asked to change the sheets and it was a long decision on there part to do this. They said they were a basic hotel and this was ok. Not at $ 139.00 plus 13% sales tax. Along with sand paper toilet paper, No shampoo, no soap, no conditioner,no service. After discussing that we wanted to change our reservation to one night ( in stead of three), they refused, after much discussion we steeled on two nights and paid for 2 nights. After returning from the beach(the next day) the owner changed her mind and reneged on her original decision, and said we agreed to say one day(I paid for two). She turned her story around, Lied and was stead fast in her Spanish Language. After much discussions back and forth we went to our diner reservation and never returned to that nightmare!!! If all this does not deter you from booking this hotel be my guest with ?????? The hotel location is not the the Main Street, it is behind and on a hill with questionable parking.
"Great family or group hotel!"
06/27/14 Sara Q Kihei, Hawaii
My family and I loved this hotel. We have been to Costa Rica several times and found this place to be well run and great for our family. The sisters that run it are professional and accommodating The breakfast was wonderful, typical costa rican food. We highly recommend this place.
"Think twice before booking this hotel"
02/12/14 betomolina Cartago, Costa Rica
We book this hotel and paid the 100% of the reservation and because of some problems back home we had to cancel the reservation 2 months before arrival and they charge us the 100% of the money, they did not return anything we paid. The manager or owner is very rude and she said that we don´t deserve to have all the money back. Why? I don´t know. Is around 900 dollars that we lost booking this place. Some friends stay here and they had awful experience, they warn me, but it was the only hotel with availability for the time we want to go there, now I know why this hotel have rooms available, nobody want stay there. Think twice before booking this terrible hotel, and then DON´T book it.
"Don't stay at this hotel...."
01/04/14 Kat m Ketchum, Idaho
If you are thinking of staying at this hotel DON'T... This hotel is extremely overpriced compared to better hotels in very close proximity to the park and is along the lines of a Motel 6 with breakfast. Power in our room with spotty; A/C light was constantly blinking, décor of room was marginal as well comfort of beds. TV was older with no WiFI in room. We tried to amend our reservation and were told no. Power went out for 4 hours one night we were there. Breakfast staff was only bright spot. We moved and stayed at a hotel yards from the beach for a much cheaper price and better accommodations. I was somewhat desperate when I booked this room ,don't make this mistake; you can do much, much better.
"."
12/27/13 FW B Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Everything went wrong with our room: No wifi, alternately no water or no hot water and some ants.. But still, we had a good time there, because of the very good service! They did all the best they could to fix it and prepared a dinner for us, to compensate the discomfort.
"Customer service 100%"
06/29/13 paulbraum Ontario's Highlands, Canada
Whatever they say, the hotel is fantastic. Thanks Pablo for all your attention, your customer service is excellent and the project in the reception I'm sure stay Super. we will return in November for a wedding but we will stay in lunada. Thanks, we have spent three fantastic days and learned a lot. see you soon
"Great experience!"
06/20/13 Mijarro
I spent a couple of days in this hotel with my girlfriend and we had a great time . Nice rooms, and pool, the host is a very sweet person always willing to help us and give us some advises and tips about places to go or activities to do. The breakfast was awesome.. The typical food "gallo pinto" is simply delicious. The place location is perfect; close to the beach and away from crowded places which makes it perfect for me. I hope to visit this place and this beautiful beach very soon.
"Extremely poor customer service - could not even confirm reservartion"
04/15/13 Zarabi Heredia, Costa Rica
I want to share the experience that an acquaintance of mine and I had while trying to book on this hotel. Upon calling the service desk to confirm the reservation, the receptionist was very rude and did not even agree to confirm her reservation. That right there is already a bad start. Given the issue, my acquaintance complained on their poor service over their Facebook page, where she was replied to with even worse and more rude responses from whoever manages their page. They even boasted on "how many reservations they had always coming" and that therefore "they did not want or need the likes of her around their hotel." Clearly, she cancelled the reservation right away. The reason why I would like to share this review is to prevent (especially) foreign tourists from visiting this hotel and end up leaving the country with the worst impression about Costa Rican hospitality.