All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
3747 29th St Se, Grand Rapids, MI, 49512, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

Rather comfortable
    Clean
    Room is all right
    Food is not good
It was great. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. I would definitely stay there again
2 night trip Nov 25, 2015
Akiesha
"Very disappointed!"
I waited over 30 min at the front desk to check out. There was a not saying they would return shortly. I went to the break room and found 4 people sitting , only one spoke English . Nobody was able to find a person to check me out. I walked around the hotel , called on the help phone and finally the attendant returned . Then she told me that I couldn't pay in cash and that they couldn't give me a receipt. I would like a receipt please. All in all I was very frustrated! And unhappy with my experience.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize that your stay was not to our company’s high standards. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to our staff about the importance of responding to guest needs in a timely manner as well as reviewing our billing procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
"Stay somewhere else"
Room was clean. Supposed to be a 3 star hotel. But no coffee maker or blow dryer. Was supposed to be non-smoking, people next door were smoking cigarettes and weed, we complained about it. Nothing was done about it. The continental breakfast was just coffee, nothing else. Very disappointing for the money we paid.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our apologies that your stay was not to our company’s high standards. Dishes, including coffee makers, as well as hair dryers are available upon request at the front desk. In response to your feedback, I will make sure we are clearly communicating our amenities during guest arrivals as well as reviewing our room inspection procedures. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
2 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
Beds were very uncomfortable, hotel not very clean
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. Please accept our most sincere apologies that your stay was not to our company’s high standards. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have used your comments as a training tool to coach our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
"Extended Stay Excellence At Its Best!!"
Our stay last weekend was just as relaxing and enjoyable as our last stay there. The staff there, I must say again, is superb, pleasant and attentive to your request. My husband and I try to find an Extended Stay America on line when planning our trips. We think that they are awesome. Thanks Again Friends!!
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review. It's great to hear that we provided you with great customer service and a great, clean room. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
2 night business trip Aug 29, 2015
"Smokey rooms/hall and u call that breakfast?"
Whole hotel always smelled like cigarette smoke. Everyone could smoke right outside front door. Room always smelled smoky but the third night smoke was so bad coming in from bathroom had to shut door and if u used it bathroom it made u gag. Triggered my migraines and made clothes smoky and couldn't sleep, so disgusting. They never found out, or looked, who it was. The gave me another room last night that was better on another floor but hallway still smoky. No amenities, only very small bottle of shampoo, no conditioner no hand lotion and no in room coffee. Description of hotel said breakfast, then further in description continental breakfast. Actually they call it On the go breakfast. Half size greasy muffins, half size granola bars, instant oatmeal, small oranges and an apple if they have any, coffee but not juice all contained in a small cupboard that locks at 9am. Very sparse. Then u get to try to carry in ur hands to ur room no place to eat, so u drop everything. My rooms door was stuck all the time so u had to almost kick it in to open it up.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our apologies that your stay was not to our company’s high standards. In response to your feedback, I will make sure we are clearly communicating our amenities during guest arrivals as well as reviewing our room inspection procedures. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
"Hotel is Showing It's Age"
While the staff was friendly and the hotel clean, the property is showing it's age. At first we thought we must be in a room for smokers. Then we thought, no it's not smoke, is has a musty smell. I think this is in part because the hotel is older and needs an update. I did not care for the cheap plastic toilet seat. We had just stayed five days in a competitor's hotel and could not say enough good things about it. Refurbish you hotel and it will make a world of difference.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Would come back.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are very pleased to know you will be staying with us in the future and we provided you with a great stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
3 night trip with friends Aug 12, 2015
Christine
"ALMOST MISSED MY FLIGHT BACK HOME"
Upon arrival discovered there was no kitchen dishes,utensils,no ice machine;placard indicated I had to go to front desk and request these items and carry them back to room. The room was clean and spacious and quiet 3rd floor. WORST EVENT: Needed to leave hotel by 4:30am and went downstairs to lobby to get luggage cart with room key in-hand and when I attempted to go back into my room #308, I was LOCKED OUT...they had already checked me out the night before. The front desk was locked up with a shutter closure. I totally was a gasp and no one answered the EXTENSION 600 on the lobby phone. The angst I felt was beyond belief. Two gentlemen guests appeared who had checked in earlier and had a cell phone in which I called my husband and in turn, one of the guests was able to get ahold of the on-site mgr. whom had fallen asleep in her hotel room. She apologized and re-keyed my room key, escorted me to my room. CAVEAT...KNOW THAT THERE ISN'T 24HR. HOTEL FRONT DESK AND ENSURE THAT YOUR ROOM KEY IS STILL WORKING IF YOU ARE CHECKING OUT BEFORE THE FRONT DESK OPENS AT 7AM. I will be returning in the future keeping in mind these past events which almost caused me to pull the FIRE ALARM as I had just had a medical procedure the day before and I have a brain disorder as well. The saving grace was the 2 hotel guests who suddenly appeared at 3:30AM.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear about your experience at our hotel. I will follow up with the night attendant to make sure that they are helping our guests during after-hours in a timely manner. To uphold our company's high standards, we will make sure that we are also expressing how our kitchen packs work at check-in moving forward. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
3 night business trip Aug 5, 2015
Carolann
"Basic room"
It was clean- no frills
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
The team and I appreciate your great remarks. I'm so pleased to hear that we provided you with a clean and comfortable room. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Christine
"A hotel with some comforts of home."
We were looking for an economical place to stay for 4 nights with a fridge (full size!), microwave, etc. Our needs were met at Extended Stay America. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The hotel was close to a variety of restaurants and shopping areas. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely consider staying here again.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am so pleased to know that we meet your needs and provided you with a clean and comfortable room. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
3 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
"NOT a stocked kichenette and not a 24 hr lobby."
We arrived at this hotel about 12:45am only to find a locked lobby. We called the number left for after hours and were told they would get in touch with the manager. When no one showed up 15 minutes later I phoned Hotels.com who kept me on hold for 25 minutes. The website says 24 hr lobby. Hah it took us alnost 45 minutes to get somoeone to check us in. Not happy with either tbe hotel or hotels.com!!! Furthermore the website lists this as a kitchenette and the hotel had a sign listing all of the items they supply their cupboards with. Guess what - there wasnt one single thing in the cupboards or drawers. No glasses, cups, plates, or silver. Horrible cooking smells in the hallways. Vgeez they must have gotten a stocked kichenette. Hmmmm probably the worst hotel I've stayed in.
3 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
Deborah
The check in lady went out of her way to make us happy. She gave us ice and cups which were not in our room. The place was cheerful.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"Nice place to stay, that's it."
Very friendly desk staff. Had no other staff interaction. The continental breakfast was poor, a "1" on the ratings. I assume you are preparing breakfast in your room?
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review. Please accept our apologies that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to provide you with great customer service and a comfortable stay overall. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"lobby of the hotel had a bad odor"
actually did not stay at this hotel. once we walked in to the lobby, the odor/smell was a little offensive, so we cancelled our stay. However, the customer service was very good. I would recommend some cleaning and air filtration cleaning system.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear about the cleanliness issues you experienced upon your arrival. In response to your feedback, I am having our maintenance staff look into this issue. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Nice hotel near Grand Rapids"
checking in is quick. Room is clean. There are sufficient tourist information about the attractions in the surrounding area.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the friendliness of our staff and the cleanliness of our rooms. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
"Missed on the Details"
I arrived around 9:30 pm and there was no where to park close to the entrance so I had to drive around the building and park at the end. There is parking near the door that could be reserved for people checking in. On both nights of my stay, there were people hanging around the front door smoking and drinking. There should be a place for smoking at least 15 feet away. The front desk staff were very friendly and I received an upgrade to a suite since there were no king rooms available. I figured out at 6:15 in the morning that there was no hair dryer or coffee maker in the room. After my phone calls to the front desk went unanswered, I went down and realized that the desk is not manned until 7 am. There did happen to be a housekeeping staff person who tried to find a hair dryer but ended up taking one from a room where the person was leaving. As I was waiting, someone had went for a jog and was trying to get back in but swiping his key was not working. Since he was an obvious jogger and had a key card, I let him in. When I returned that evening, my room had not been cleaned.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we failed to explain our amenities during check-in. We provide housekeeping services to guests staying eight or more nights; however, these services are always available upon request for an additional fee. Dishware, including coffee makers, hair dryers and additional toiletries are all available at the front desk. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have retrained our staff to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Please know that a member of our staff is always available. Between the hours of 11pm and 7am, please use the lobby phone to reach a staff member. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
Conveniently located. Friendly staff. We would definitely stay here again!
Other trip May 31, 2015
"Keep looking..."
It was an ok room for just a nap overnight. For the several nights I was there, it could of been better. (Floor was not as clean as it could've been, no housekeeping, bed too lumpy). No desire to book anytime soon here again. I'll keep shopping around.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I was disheartened to read that you did not have a clean room upon check-in. Please accept our apologies. I met with the staff, and we will follow up with our housekeeping staff to ensure that your experience not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
3 night business trip May 24, 2015
Gina
"Quick Business Trip to Grand Rapids"
The front desk staff was very nice and the hotel is in a great suburb. It's close to tons of restaurants and shopping. I stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed my stay.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Dwayne
Nice hotel, close to food, shopping, and main streets. Staff was friendly.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"nice hotel"
I stayed one night it was nice but the walls were thin I could hear everything my neighbors were doing!
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
hotel staff was not helpful, there were stains on the floor and bathroom door, breakfast was just granola bars and prepackaged muffins
"Great price"
Good and warm
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Eric - Thank you for posting such a glorious review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with how warm our hotel was. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
1 night business trip Jan 16, 2015
eric
Had a Good stay! It was nice to have the kitchenette.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the rooms and the well equipped kitchens. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Teri
"good location/good price"
a very pleasing, comfortable room. quiet hotel. clean.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with how quiet and clean our hotel is. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"okey & so,so Hotel"
its an okey Hotel with no Shuttle service to the airport , one literally had to struggle to get a taxi over especially in this winter time !
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am sorry to read that our lack of a shuttle service was such an inconvenience for you. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I will be working with my staff to ensure that we are better assisting guests at getting transportation from the hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
"I enjoyed it."
it was comfortable It just need a workout facility
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you were comfortable in your room. Still, I am sorry that our hotel does not provide a work out room. Your feedback on this issue will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.
I b comfortable
very nice, definitely recommend, great price, nice beds
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your bed and that you found us to be a good value. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
"Clean hotel close to shopping"
Staff very helpful. Asked if we could check in to one of our rooms early because one of our party worked overnight. She checked with housekeeping -allowed us to check in.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. I am so pleased to know that we provided you with helpful service and that it was a quiet stay for you. Still, please accept our apologies that we did not tell you about our amenities when you got here. I will follow up with the staff to ensure that we are more informative upon check-in. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
"Not what expected"
I've stayed at other extended stay hotels and found this one to be below par It has been awhile but hope it wasn't a chain wide change All amenities were on request only Typically rooms have a coffee maker and drinking cups at minimum. These were on request. Water was warm so probably wouldn't want to drink it in a cup anyways. Staff was ok. Always on their cell when we were in lobby and while nice they didn't seem to want us asking questions. Room itself was alright. Recently painted but sinks and tub were a bit warm out and old looking. Cracks and stains.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that our new policy of requesting certain kitchen amenities did not meet your expectations, and that you received inattentive service from our staff. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with my entire team to make our new policy as convenient as possible for guests, and we are also reviewing our customer service standards. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
tom
"I would stay here again!"
We really enjoyed our stay... It was in a good location and the staff was very friendly and help ful
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
The team and I appreciate your wonderful remarks. I am so pleased to know that our staff was very helpful to you. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
2 night trip Oct 24, 2014
Jasrose
"Just say no"
The hotel Is in bad shape. It smells like stale smoke. It needs a lot of remodeling and updating. It's very old. The clientele is questionable. The staff were very great.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your room had a smoke odor and that you found it to be outdated. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am going through all the rooms to inspect for smoke smells. As well, please know that we will be upgrading several rooms in 2015. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"Practical,but Great!"
Our stay at the Grand Rapids Extended Stay hotel was great! The room and facilities were clean,spacious, and everything we needed!
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Stan - Thank you for posting such a wonderful review. I am so pleased to know that we provided you with a clean and spacious room. Thank you again for your kind words. We appreciate you letting us know that your room smelled of smoke when you checked in. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read you had a comfortable stay. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
Stan
"Close to lots, but not a great neighborhood."
I should have known when I was told at check-in that they don't keep the dishes in the rooms anymore. But I just didn't put two and two together until the next morning when there was no hairdryer either. Turns out they keep those behind the desk also so I had to go down with dripping hair to pick one up. The room was large enough and had a modern flat-screen TV. But someone had recently smoked up a storm in there - evident in the smell of smoke and the cigarette burns on the wood floor in the bathroom. The location was close to several cultural destinations in the area as well as the airport. But it is also not the best part of town for a female traveling alone. The second morning as I was leaving for the day a resident was paying his bill in his boxer shorts. As I was checking out the next morning another resident was sitting in the lobby in her house dress. That's just the tip of the iceberg really. So overall I would say for the location and the price it may be a good decision. But be prepared for the condition and neighborhood concerns.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to read that your room had a smoke odor and that you were not informed of our new policies upon check-in. To prevent this from happening again, I will be working with my staff to better brief our guests on our smoking policies as well as our request system to ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, I regret to read that you did not feel safe in our neighborhood. I will be working with my security staff to review your comments so that we can make our hotel safer. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
3 night trip Oct 3, 2014
Erinn
"Front desk wouldn't tell smokers to move"
If you enjoy seeing people dressed in their PJs and robes sitting on lawn chairs 10 feet from the main entrance (ALL DAY LONG) smoking plus drinking beer then you'll love this place. The young lady at the front desk totally evaded my questions and comments about moving those people even after I said how trashy it makes their hotel look. For $90/night, I don't expect much but I certainly expect more than what I got at this property. To be fair, however, the manager called me the next day and was very professional and apologetic and said he would take action.
2 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
Room was nice and clean but pillow and mattress felt like they were stuffed with old towels. No daily housekeeping, which isn't the end of the world but having the towels refreshed would've been nice.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Nancy - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you found your room to be clean; however, I apologize that you were not pleased with the quality of your pillow and mattress. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure this issue is properly addressed. As well, I am sorry that our housekeeping policy did not meet your needs. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"rate motel"
The motel was good.
4 night business trip Sep 22, 2014
The stay was nice. My only problem was the lack of carts for use and the quality of the breakfast. The surrounding area had everything you needed within a short distance including name brand and local dining establishements.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Your comments in regards to surrounding area are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback on this matter will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our breakfast selection. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
lynn
not much of a breakfast. No pool. other than that, a beautiful room.
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
Barb
"Pleasant Stay"
Great value for the price. Full kitchen with a comfortable bed.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such amazing things about our hotel and location. We are happy to read that we provided you with great value and a comfortable bed. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
The room smelled like smoke, I couldn't even handle it.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that your room had a smoke odor. We will work with our staff to ensure our rooms smell fresh and that we are enforcing our non-smoking policy. We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Okay quality"
The hotel was rundown. The staff were friendly. Breakfast was very minimal. The room was ok, no plastic cups for water and the carpet was soaked from the time I checked in until I left.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2014
"Good place to stay"
Our stay was comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are glad to read that you were pleased with our staff and your comfortable room. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
4 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"Nobody's home"
when I got up to this hotel to check in there was nobody there and their gate was closed at the lobby
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Chris - We read your comments about your stay with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for not having a member of our staff available upon your arrival. We are working with our night attendants to make sure that your experience is not repeated. We are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
"It was ok."
The people I encountered at the front desk were all friendly, but they were never there when I approached the desk. I always had to wait for someone to return. The rooms were average, and there was an M&M on the floor when we walked in, which makes me wonder how clean it actually was. The towel rack was falling off the wall. The walls were thin, we heard a lot of noise from other guests. I particular didn't like how they set up a smoking chair right outside the main entrance for guest who smoke, so that I had to pass by a smoker every time I entered or exited. Beds were comfortable and the coffee in the morning was good. It was fine, but I will try to book a different hotel next time I'm in the area.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Kristi - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are glad that you found our staff to be friendly and enjoyed your comfortable bed; however, we are sorry that your room was not properly cleaned and that guests were smoking near the entrance. We will be working with our housekeeping staff to make sure our rooms are cleaned to our standards. We will also review your feedback with our front desk staff to make sure we inform our guests of our designated smoking areas. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will give us a chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Kristi
"Disappointing?"
The desk clerk was personable and helpful. The condition of the room we were given, which was not the room we requested, was deplorable. We booked a room with a queen bed and were given a double without apology or explanation. The furniture in the room was worn and in rough condition. The first impression was poor as we immediately saw an ironing board hanging on the wall. The water in the kitchenette basin was at best a trickle. A plunger was in the bathroom on the floor. The towels were shabby and two of them were not clean. No shampoo, hair dryer or in room coffee maker. We have stayed in rooms that were five times nicer for less money. I would advise them to not allow their guests to stand outside of the lobby and consume alcoholic drinks. Stay there again? No, thank you.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are glad that our front desk staff provided you with quality service; however, we are sorry to hear that we could not accommodate your room request and that your room was not in proper condition. We will be working with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure every room is clean and in proper working order prior to our guest's arrival. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
"Clean extended stay hotel"
Very good rooms. Exc staff. However, would have preferred thicker pillows and higher quality toiletries.
Other trip May 11, 2014
karen
"Clean extended stay hotel"
Other trip May 11, 2014
karen
"Clean, but needs improvements"
the hotel is clean, but they need to get some new furniture, and the bathtub is old and the one was on my room needed some repairs.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel including the clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Still, I apologize for the maintenance issues in your room. I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance policies to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
1 night business trip May 3, 2014