All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here3747 29th St Se, Grand Rapids, MI, 49512, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

Really unclean bedding--spots that looked like dried blood, lots of hairs that could not possibly be mine, and, well, it looked like someone had used one of the pillowcases instead of a kleenex. I called the front desk for clean bedding, and they would not bring it to me. After I went down to get it, I returned to my room to remake the bed, only to discover that not only was this bedding just slightly cleaner than what I had started with, it was the wrong size.
1 night trip May 23, 2013
"Just an overnight"
We needed a place to sleep and Extended Stay America fit the bill. Nothing fancy, but was a nice place to stay for the night.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am pleased to read your remarks about our staff and our property. Please accept my apologies that the sheets did not meet your expectations. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Other trip May 4, 2013
"A bit of a disappointment"
We were a late check in, since we didn't get in until about midnight, and we just wanted to shower and go to bed. We got up to our room, looked decent enough. But the bathroom had no towels in it other than the one on the floor, still wet from whoever was there before, and no soap or shampoo.
1 night trip Apr 27, 2013
"Not what we hoped it would be"
Went to this hotel with family. Web site said it had a pool and continental breakfast. Turns out no pool and breakfast was hot water and packs of oatmeal! Found trash under footstool in room. Not overly impressed.
2 night trip Apr 26, 2013
"PROCEED WITH CAUTION"
We ended up having to go to 3 different rooms----We got there late and had a hard time finding a parking place and then found our room very dirty----They gave us another room and someone was already in it----In The 3rd room the tub had not ben cleaned and the floor was not vacuumed, but the bed was changed and clean---Very cheap morning snacks---A big disappointment for a 3 1/2 star hotel----Bob
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Bob and Carol - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the level of cleanliness in your room and the grab and go breakfast is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will make sure that our housekeeping staff is cleaning each room fully. As well, we will be sure to pass along your feedback about our breakfast options. This is a new feature for our hotel, so we are still fine-tuning it. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Other trip Apr 29, 2013
Bob and Carol
"Cheap and good"
Hotel was great, TV was snowy, breakfast bar consisted of some muffins, apples and coffee. But can't complain for less than 40 bucks a night.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your television was a bit snowy and our grab and go breakfast did not include items you were hoping for. It pleases me that you did enjoy staying with us overall though, and the rate you reveived for your reservation. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Other trip Apr 22, 2013
"Nice place to stay"
Great for just a quick nights stay. No blow dryer or shampoo or any extras. It is clean and comfortable. it does have a kitchenette which might be nice for a family. We would stay there again.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. We are so happy to have been able to provide you with the in-room kitchen for your family to enjoy. As well, we are so glad to hear that you found the hotel to be clean and reasonably priced. I do apologize that we do not offer a wide array of amenities and that our front desk staff was not being attentive to your needs when you came in late. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
Mom and dad
"close to restaurants and shopping malls."
room was nice. television channel selection was limited. weather channel didn't even show the local weather for the area. the internet connection was free but was having trouble loading videos without pausing every few seconds to load the next section. during our stay we stayed at another hotel and had no problem loading videos off the internet. so we feel it wasn't our computer just being slow. they have dishes to make meals with, but there are no disposable cups in the bathroom to use when brushing your teeth. so you must use one of the two glasses that they have in the cupboard. no hair dryer in the room. you might be able to get one from the front desk not sure.
3 night romance trip Apr 6, 2013
Randy S
"Ok for the price I paid!"
For the price, the hotel was ok! I would consider it to be a 2 star hotel - not 2 1/2 stars! The bedding needs to be upgraded! New carpet would also be nice, as there were some stains. Overall, it is an older hotel in need of updating & cleaning! Staff was friendly!
Other trip Apr 10, 2013
Up North
"Buggy Nightmere"
There were ants in the bathroom. We had to kill yhem to be sble to take a bath. They were alsoin the kiction and in the ccorners of the room. It was grose. The hotel maid was rude and tried to get into our rooom 2hours before checkout to clean them while we were still in the room! If I could have my money back I would!
Other trip Apr 1, 2013
Kris
"good price. clean room."
Comfortable. Clean. Inexpensive. Kitchen in room was a plus.
Other trip Mar 22, 2013
Pat
"Stayed 10 days"
Inside of the hotel was good, on the outside there was dog feces,
Other trip Feb 26, 2013
Darren
"very nice"
Clean .. nice layout
2 night business trip Feb 9, 2013
bertyann
"enjoyed"
I truly enjoyed my stay at that this hotel. They had very good customer service and when I go back to Grand Rapids I will be stating at this same place.
2 night trip Jan 25, 2013
ashley
"Very Disappointing Stay"
Very disappointed in this hotel. The room and halls still had a smokey smell even though this facility has been nonsmoking for over a year and a half. Ventilation system in room difficult to regulate. Facility definitely needs to be updated. I felt very uncomfortable in the halls due to the type of guests they seem to be attracting. Nice kitchen with it. Free breakfast was sad. Glad I had some other food with me. I reserved it without knowing the name so price was good. Would rather pay a little more for better quality. This facility should not be offered as a blind option booking.
Other trip Feb 6, 2013
Jeannie
"Cigarette Smoke ruined my stay!"
There must have been several smokers across the hall and the smoke seeped into my room. I complained but nothing changed the next day. I left before i need to....
2 night trip Jan 21, 2013
Hal
"Extended work project...nice facility"
The hotel is convenient to many things in Grand Rapids, staff friendly, room very comfortable and quiet. A worthy stop for multiple nights.
5 night business trip Jan 15, 2013
GregoryP
"Decent hotel at reasonable price"
The check in/Check out was quick. Thestaff was friendly. Pretty decent for the price. The location was close to variety of restaurants The hall ways don't have exhaust system and sometime has very strong smell but the room was clean and didn't had any bad smell.
2 night family trip Sep 1, 2012
"recommendable"
It was comfatable for us. Large side room with kitchen. Good for me.
Other trip Aug 6, 2012
"No internet"
The room was comfortable and staff was helpful. My only issue was that the internet access was never available! I was given a toll free number to call for assistance, but it was never answered by a live person. I had to go to Panera cafe and Starbucks to get my work done!
2 night trip Jul 30, 2012
I enjoyed it very much ..Staff that worked there were outstanding. Will recommend to friends,
3 night trip Jul 12, 2012
"Convenient"
This is the second time I've stayed there and, especially for the price, both times were very good experiences. The only thing that I would suggest to the owner is lto lose the bedspreads and do the sheets over the comforter thing that many hotels now due. I always wonder how long its been since that bedspread has been washed!
1 night trip Jun 23, 2012
Pam
"2day stay for volleyball tourney"
Had to switch room after first day due to toilet not working. Great for the money, little dated, tiny tv and slightly uncomfy bed. Would stay again.
2 night trip Jun 1, 2012
Angie
"Close to everything"
Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Upgraded our room because we had our daughter with us and did not charge us a difference. There was a kitchenette in our room which was extremely helpful with a baby and her bottles.
2 night trip Jun 1, 2012
Ashley

"Paid discounted rate, good value for money"
There were a few negatives. The hallway on the second floor smelled of smoke. Not a big enough selection for breakfast and no fitness room. Positives, room was clean, the kitchen area was a plus and the hotel was in a good location
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I appreciate your comments about our cleanliness and your fully-equipped kitchen; however, I sincerely apologize that the hallways had a smoke odor. To prevent this from happening again, my team is going to review the smoking policy with all of our guests. As well, I do apologize that our lack of a fitness room and our grab-and-go breakfast selection did not meet your expectations. Your feedback on these issues will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our amenities. I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Brent
"Excellent value!"
Comfortable, quiet room with everything I needed. Excellent value!
2 night business trip Sep 27, 2014
Derek
"good room at cheap price"
nice for workers, small kitchen into the room. they don't do the room every day so be advised.... muffins and coffee at the lobby in the morning.
Response by Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our grab-and-go breakfast as well as your clean room. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Jun 19, 2013