All hotels in Hampton, New Hampshire, United States of America
295 Ocean Blvd, Hampton, NH, 03842, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Very nice place but for the area it was a little pricey. Everyone that I dealt with was extremely friendly. The room was clean.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Ryan
"beautiful view"
It would of been better if we could shower. Shower clogged overfilled drain. Complained and no one seemed to care. Wasn't able to take a shower on our stay. We just got married that day and couldn't wait to relax and take a nice hot shower.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Sullivan
"New England Getaway"
Wonderful staff. Great Ocean views.
2 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
Craig
"Quaint, historical hotel on Hampton Beach"
Love to stay at historical inns and this one didn't disappoint. Our room was upgraded since we stayed during the off season. Nice waking up to view of the Atlantic. Make sure you ask for room in the historic portion of the hotel.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
Lauri
"Great food. Great Ocean View."
Great food. Great Ocean View.
1 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
"EXCELLENT BEACH FRONT LOCATION"
I was very happy with the choice of Ashworth by the Sea. A lovely location, bright and clean rooms and the service of all whom we encountered was exceptional. We could not be happier. If i had to offer any suggestion, it would be nice to have an in-room safe or refrigerator... All in all a great choice. Perhaps a bit pricey...
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Lars
"Enjoyed our stay but hotel could use a face lift"
We did have a nice time. The beds were comfortable and the linens were nice. The breakfast was great too. The only thing that did bother some guests was the smoking policy. Even when outside on the balconies or sundeck; you could not smoke. It is a hard complaint to make because smoking is blah but if done in a respectful manner; you should be able to do so outside in an open area and not have to walk across the street. The staff was friendly and the front desk personnel was very accomodating. I would stay there again. I just wish that they would update the hotel.
1 night trip Sep 3, 2014
Renee
"Basic amenities lacking considering the price"
Hotel was clean and staff were friendly. Pool was clean and happy hour live music was nice. Detractors - Their website states " we offer valet parking for a fee per night." Considering the majority of the guests most likely drive to the hotel the charge is an artificial increase in the total cost per night. I have stayed at several other hotel/motels at Hampton and have never paid for parking. Room lacked basic amenities in the form of a refrigerator and microwave. Water pressure was poor. The top socket of all power outlets in the room were dead. Some of the lower ones with power lacked sufficient power to charge a cell phone.
5 night family trip Aug 24, 2014
"Balcony and ice machines"
Enjoyed our stay,we had lucked out with great weather!' We were a little disappointed with the pool, a little sprucing up and it would be a a fun area to hang out. Room was a bit small for the price, but had a balcony and location is key, it's a hop across the street to the beach and walking distance to great places to eat and fun things to do. I would recommend the restaurants at the Ashworth by The Sea, we ate breakfast and supper and the food was very good, try the lobster sliders and the homemade hash, yummy !
2 night trip Aug 25, 2014
CR
"could use a few things"
The hotel is one of the best on the beach waterfront. It is nicely designed, has three resturants, employees were helpful and nice and gave you a sense of security. The room could use a few things. 1. longer curtains and longer door to keep the light out, our room door had about an 1inch of space on the bottom I used bath towels to block the light. 2. new shower head the one that was there was really old that you couldn't use its other features. 3. a new screened door or one that was oiled. this hotel has amazing decks attached to the rooms but who wants to fight with the door to get out or be locked out of you room. These are just little things that bugged me, I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay again myself!
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Amanda, Thank you for your recent stay with us and for offering feedback. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed our beachfront location, on-site restaurants, and helpful staff. We are installing all new blackout curtains and sheers in all the rooms next month and we will identify and address the shower head and screen door issues immediately. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you back. Best, Tom Cannizaro, GM
1 night trip with friends Aug 24, 2014
amanda
Overall very nice, with a few glitches. Upon registration, I was surprised to discover that parking my car would cost an additional $15-maybe that was on the Web site, but I do not recall seeing it there. The room was nice, but the hallways were dark and somewhat dated. There was very, very loud live music downstairs from 4-8pm-I wound up leaving the room and walking around town during that time period. Staff was very nice.
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Lynn, Thank you for your recent stay with us and for offering feedback. We do offer live music in the summer, which ends at 8pm in order to avoid disturbing our guests. We apologize that the music disturbed your stay and hope you'll give us another opportunity to provide you with an excellent visit. Best, Tom Cannizaro, GM
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Lynn
Great location, staff and service were also great. Restaurant service a little slow, but quality of food was good.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2014
"Very good relatively speaking."
When we come to Hampton Beach, our goal is to stay in a nice clean hotel that is right on the strip. For this reason, Ashmont has a huge advantage because the rest of the competition is disgusting. There are Newer cleaner places further north on the BLVD. but those locations are not convenient for Teens who need to walk. The hotel is clearly aware of this and it's reflected in the Bill . The rates they get in the summer are outrageous for this beach but relative to what's available it's worth paying. The Valet kids are super friendly and helpful as is the cleaning staff and the staff at the various restaurants. I found the front desk staff to be a less than cordial at times. The rooms are clean but nothing special. Great roof deck. The indoor pool was nice in bad weather (Not much to do up there when it rains). Good live music at indoor and outdoor bars.. Overall, a very good experience.
3 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"Good stay!"
Me and my boyfriend were there for a one night stay only so we didn't have enough time to really enjoy the hotel. A little pricey for the type of room we got (ours were small and in the back) but overall we enjoyed Hampton.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"really nice"
Very nice and the restaurant was superb
2 night trip Jul 26, 2014
"Great Time"
Went away for a much needed relaxing weekend and the Ashworth is just what the doctor ordered. Staff was friendly, room was clean, on site restaurant had a nice atmosphere as well as the food was very good. The only down side was in the hotel lounge if you are looking for a seat for the DJ entertainmanet on a Friday night you have to make a reservation because alot of the locals who might not be staying at the hotel take over the lounge.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Great location. Small room."
Hotel was nice and staff were very nice. Room could have been a little cleaner.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Andrea
"Cute in good location, but needs some work"
Ashworth is in a fantastic location. Being able to see the ocean from your room and the sunset the other direction, is truly phenomenal. That itself keeps the rating high. The restaurant by the lobby is delicious! Such great food and with an ocean view to boot. Having live music everyday is a nice offer as well! The parts that dropped my rating were the size and "cleanliness" of the room. For over 200 I expect some space and a refrigerator. There was neither. While the room was okay space wise...it wasn't over 200$ space wise. I also expect there to be NO mold. I know that's difficult next to the ocean, but we are paying for a clean place. There was mold all over our shower curtain, and frankly, that disgusts me and makes it hard for me to feel clean. Overall it's a decent place with just a few issues that can be fixed to make it even better!
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Laura, Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to offer valuable feedback. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our fantastic location, on-site restaurant, and daily live music. However, we sincerely apologize for the housekeeping shortcomings you experienced during your visit; we are addressing this issue proactively and have doubled up on room inspections to ensure these kind of issues are caught prior to guests checking in. We hope you'll accept our apology and give us another opportunity to provide you with a 5-star stay. Best, Tom Cannizaro, GM
2 night romance trip Jul 16, 2014
Was welcoming and great stay. The staff was nice the location was fantastic. The restaurant inside hotel had great food and drinks as well
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
nicole
"tiniest room I've ever been in"
Clean room but ridiculously small for the amount of money spent!!!
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Karen, Thank you for your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize that you were dissatisfied with the size of our rooms. We strive to provide the best value for our guests and hope that you'll give us another opportunity to provide you with a 5-star stay. Sincerely, Tom Cannizaro, GM
3 night romance trip Jun 27, 2014
"very clean"
Room was very clean and neat. They had no place to hang clothing, no closet or even a rack, also no seat to sit in, also room very small for the price. Lastly was very upset that I had to pay $15.00 to park car over night!!! Paid plenty for the room and parking should have been free. Also had to pay again the next day to leave car while going to the beach. Other hotels offer free parking and also let you leave car on day of check out if staying for the day! Would stay at other hotel when I go back.
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Karen, Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to offer valuable feedback. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our neat and clean accommodations and we will bring your comments regarding parking to the attention of our management company. We hope you'll return and give us another chance to provide you with a 5-star stay. Best, Tom Cannizaro, GM
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Great place"
Stopped one night on way to maine..great location ..liked it so much we actually stopped on way home to .highly recommend it
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Kim, Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your way to Maine and again on the way home! We're happy to hear that we earned your return business and your 5-star recommendation to the travel community. Come back and visit us again soon. Best, Tom Cannizaro, GM
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
kim
"very good"
right on the water. Valet service was free. Nice room, but the pullout sofa mattress wasn't very comfortable. Terrific restaurant on-site. We'd go back.
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
"Enjoyable stay"
We stayed over one night but loved the valet parking and how close the hotel is to the beach. The restaurant downstairs is good as well. Rooms looked new and very clean.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Perfect hotel close to everything!!"
We had a great stay. The hotel staff was friendly, the pool was great, and the view was awesome! We will defiantly be staying here again!!
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Jamie, We're happy to hear that you had a great stay and that you enjoyed our beachfront location, friendly staff, and awesome views. We value your 5-star recommendation to the travel community and look forward to hosting your next visit to Hampton Beach. Best, Tom Cannizaro, GM
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
jamie
"Right in the middle of it all"
We were surprised by how quite our room was while being so close to the street and the beach. We didn't even hear the Senior Prom participants from our room. Very nice and comfortable
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Kevin, Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the 5-star review! We're happy to hear that our convenient beachfront location and quiet accommodations provided you with an enjoyable stay. We value your business and look forward to hosting your next visit to Hampton Beach. Best, Tom Cannizaro, GM
2 night trip May 30, 2014
"Across from beach"
Great location across beach and close to arcade and other stores. Our young kids loved that and also the heated pool!
Other trip May 31, 2014
"Hotel overlooking Hampton Beach"
We enjoyed our stay at the Ashworth, which was surprisingly nice considering an unremarkable exterior. The staff did not let us check in early but we were allowed to park our car. Staff didn't offer to store my luggage though I did note that others seemed to have done so. The restaurant and bar are excellent, and there is a DJ on Friday and Saturday nights, I was somewhat disappointed that a cell phone charger I left in the room was not returned to me.
Other trip May 29, 2014
Ann
"Great hotel, not so great walls"
Me and my girlfriend stayed at the Ashworth by the sea for 2 days. The room itself was great and the hotel staff was very good. The only concern we had was with the soundproofing of the room and the fact that we could hear everything in the other rooms around us. Apart from that, the location of the hotel is fantastic and I would definitely recommend this hotel if you don't care too much about surrounding noise.
2 night romance trip May 13, 2014
Yann B.
"Was ok."
Just a convenience and short walk to concert venue. Hotel has an old Motel feel. Torn curtains and small room. May go back to a better room..nice restaurant and bar.
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Hi Tom, Thank you for your recent stay with us and for offering valuable feedback. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and on-site restaurant; however, we apologize for the state of the curtains. We are currently in the process of inventorying and measuring all hotel room windows for treatment replacements. We'll all new sheers, blackouts, and valances once this is completed. We value your business and hope you'll stay with us again. Best, Tom Cannizaro, GM
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Was ok."
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Wonderful Hotel!"
I booked this hotel because of the 6 minute walk from there to the Casino Ballroom. It is worth every penny! It is a very classy place. It has its modern touches but still stays true to their historic past! The staff is very friendly and helpful. Also has valet service. I would stay there again my next time at Hampton Beach!!!
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Madalyn, Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the 5-star review on Hotels.com. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and took advantage of everything Hampton beach has to offer within walking distance from our door. We appreciate your recommendation to the travel community and look forward to hosting your next visit to Hampton Beach. Best, Tom Cannizaro, GM
2 night trip with friends May 8, 2014
Madalyn
"Staff Review"
I was most impressed with the way the staff was deeply committed to resolving any concerns we had regarding parking and the family that was in the room next to us. Currently, the hotel is undergoing some construction, so parking was an issue; however, the staff bent over backwards to help guests find a place to park. They were also very accommodating when a loud family was in the room next to us. They were clearly very concerned with their guests perception of the quality of service and it was appreciated.
3 night trip May 8, 2014
TL
"Nice ocean side facility."
Easy walk to the beach and all the downtown has to offer. Room was good for the two nights I was there, but would want something a little bigger for a longer stay. I ate at the Breakers and the Wharfside restaurants and both were excellent. Thank you for a great time.
Other trip May 8, 2014
Wanda
"A Nice Stay and Priced Right - (Thin Walls)"
We had an Ocean View. It was a really nice stay. The only issue is that the walls were thin and we could easily hear conversations in the room next to ours. This disturbed my wife and affected her sleep. Other then that the staff was really pleasant and the view of the beach was perfect.
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Ryan, Thank you for your recent stay with us and for offering valuable feedback. We're happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us and that you enjoyed our pleasant staff and beach views. However, I sincerely apologize for the ambient noise that disturbed your wife's sleep and prevented you from having a truly relaxing stay. We are very responsive to noise complaints and encourage you to contact the front desk if your relaxation is being disturbed so that we may try to resolve the problem as it happens. We appreciate your business and hope to host your next visit to Hampton Beach. Best, Tom Cannizaro, GM
2 night trip Apr 30, 2014
Ryan
"Not what is was (rumored) used to be"
When you mention to someone of the 60s/70s generation that you are staying at the Ashworth you generally get back a response similar to "wow, must be nice." Before booking I read all the reviews, and it seems the Ashworth was recently renovated. I found it clean, and ... generic. I travel quite a bit to NYC and this hotel was on par with the Holiday Inn Express I stay at for business. The room had just enough space for the bed, a desk, and an armoire. Nothing more. The bathroom was very small. It was clean and served its purpose for the night. Would I go there on vacation? No. But to be fair, I wouldn't go to Hampton beach for vacation. I would go a bit further up the coast. How coudl they get to 4 stars? Nicer bedding and furniture on par with a Westin.
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for providing valuable feedback. While we're pleased to hear that you found the facilities to be clean and that your needs were accommodated; we apologize that the bedding and furniture weren't to your liking. We hope that you'll pay us another visit and give us another opportunity to provide you with an excellent stay. Sincerely, Tom Cannizaro, GM
1 night trip May 3, 2014
"Richards' stay"
Very nice and convenient stay.
1 night trip Apr 21, 2014
Nathan and Kim Richards
We enjoyed stay at ashworth hotel. The complaints I had were the pool area had many dying plants that needed some upkeep. The hotel walls in our room were paper thin & we could hear kids in the room next to us several times during our overnight stay. We went out to dinner in the hotel and the service was not very good. The location is amazing. The renovations look great. We would stay again if the price was right.
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience for Hotels.com. While I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, I'd like to apologize for the service failure you experienced at our restaurant and for the dissatisfying appearance of the pool area. As of this week we will be removing the plants you mentioned and I will review your comments with my staff to ensure that our customer service remains at the level expected of The Ashworth. Thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope to host your next visit to Hampton Beach. Sincerely, Tom Cannizaro, GM
1 night family trip Apr 22, 2014
"Nice hotel on the ocean"
Very good front desk and restaurant/bar service. Hotel is going through a renovation in half the rooms followed by the other half. The current rooms are a bit dated and the beds no so comfortable (hard). Other than that they were very clean and well appointed. This hotel is on the coast, beach across the street and in a very good area for restaurants and tourist type shops. Very good value at 89,00 per night. I would stay there again....especially after all the rooms are updated.
2 night business trip Apr 23, 2014
"Off-season beach hotel stay"
My son and I were on a father-son New England state capitol road trip. We needed a place to stay while driving from Boston, MA to Augusta, ME. Expedia suggested this hotel as we approached the MA/NH border. Since it was off-season, we got a great rate on a one-room stay. The staff was very friendly and accommodating upon our late-night arrival. The room was a decent size, and we were upgraded to an ocean/beach view room. The only drawback was the hotel was undergoing extensive interior and exterior renovations. The exterior was scaffolded. The underground parking lot was closed. There was some construction noise in the late morning. The hotel had arranged with the city for free street parking across the street from the front entrance, very close by. The restaurant was very good. My only regret was we could only stay one night. I would come back again, even in high-season. The nice facility will be even nicer with the renovations. The beach and shops are very close, and the restaurant was really good too.
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience for Expedia. We're happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs during your visit and that you would come back and stay with us again. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again this summer! Best, Tom Cannizaro, GM
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Hajime
"DOING RENOVATIONS -NO PARKING"
RENOVATIONS ARE GOING ON. THIS WAS NOT LISTED ON ASHWORTH OR HOTELS COM . IT WAS A WEEKEND SO IT WAS QUIET BUT THERE WAS NO PARKING AS THE HOTEL GARAGE IS CLOSED ! THE HOTELS RESTAURANT THE BREAKERS HAS GOOD FOOD BUT THE SERVICE IS SLOWWWW. THE HOTEL CAFE HAS THE HANDS DOWN WORST BREAKFAST FOOD WE EVER HAD. OVERALL THE ROOM WAS COMFY NOTHING EXCEPTIONAL.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
JACK
"Breathtaking view of the sun rising over the ocean"
ectly across the street from the Directly across the street from the Atlantic ocean, very romantic environment for watching sunrise, walking on beach; beachcombing.
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Thank you for your recent stay at The Ashworth and for the 5-star review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed everything that our Hampton Beach location has to offer. We hope you'll come back and visit us again soon. Best, Tom Cannizaro, GM
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
"Great 31st anniversary weekend"
Nice off season rate for Nov weekend celebrating our 31st wedding anniversary. Liked the valet parking, ocean view, comfortable bed, and cooked to order breakfast. Enjoyed visiting Fox Run Mall, Lamie's Old Salt Tavern, and Bethany Church. We might do it again next year!
1 night trip Nov 23, 2013
Jay and Kris M.
"Quick night away"
The Ashworth is an older hotel with alot of charm. Our room was very comfortable and had a side balcony with a view of the ocean. We ordered room service for dinner which was quick and very good. The only complaint I have is there was a weird smell in the stairways. We had to go down a flight to the ice machine and the smell hit us right in the face..overly cleaner? not sure but it was not pleasant. The room did not smell at all. I would defiinately stay at this hotel again.
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2013
Christina
"Hampton Beach Stay"
Wife and I had a wonderful stay.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
As always another great stay!
3 night business trip Oct 28, 2013
Evan michaud
I was very comfortable. The room was nice and the balcony had a splendid view. The ocean is right across the street which is nice at sunrise and moonrise. The WiFi worked very well and the flat panel TV accepted our HDMI cable just fine for a couple of Netflix streamed movies from our notebook. The folks at the front desk very VERY friendly and most helpful. We look forward to our next visit as this was our first.
3 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Todd
Hotel is a bit threadbare, and parking is very limited. But the location right on that beautiful beach in the middle of everything makes this a terrific place to stay.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2013
"Ocean view great"
No frills but quite adequate and a good value. Great view of the sea from the third floor. Breakfast good and so was the restaurant for dinner. Staff efficient and friendly.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Second time staying there. Really nice front desk girls......very friendly.......good prices at the lounge........good breakfast cafe within hotel......awesome ocean view. Hope to come back soon and spend more time there
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2013