All hotels in Hampton, New Hampshire, United States of America

• Value
    Poor value for money
    Bad breakfast
    Uncomfortable
"Still love the Ashworth"
Have been visiting the Ashworth for 30 years and still love it. Was very disappointed when I found out they not have started charging for parking. Only issue was we booked last minute so we ended up with a room in the original hotel. The rooms can be a little tight. Also had a small table to sit at but no table in the room. Probably my mistake I didn't call downstairs and get it corrected. Miss the old bar and its quaintness and the food menu was better. Will go there again.
1 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
"dont look any further"
Best Hotel at Hampton
1 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
ed
"Perfect hotel for Hampton Beach vacation!"
Extremely accommodating and friendly. Loved that restaurants are in hotel and food was delicious. Perfect location! Every staff member (valet, waitresses, and hotel staff) were very friendly and cheerful. Highly recommend!
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
Laurie
It was a nice experience to be right on the beach.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
"Terrific Stay"
We got away for a concert. It was terrific! The food was great at the hotel. Highly recommend it.
1 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Catherine
"Sheets"
Room was nice but the pillows had a smell to them sheets should of been replaced
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sincerely sorry for the housekeeping failures you experienced during your recent stay. I have spoken with my team and can assure you that this is corrected going forward. We appreciate your business and hope you'll give us another opportunity to provide you with 5-star accommodations. Sincerely, Tom Cannizaro, GM
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
My family and I have stayed here a few times and we love it!! The ocean front rooms are worth the cost such a beautiful view of the ocean! Highly recommend this hotel!
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the view was worth every second. Come back and see us again! Best, Tom Cannizaro, GM
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Nice hotel ocean view"
Very good hotel, in front of the beach, friendly staff. Room nice and clean, enough space !!
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
Nanda
"Awesome"
It was bye fare our best stay ever in Hampton Beach.
2 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
lisa
"Nice location/venue for a wedding, but not 5 star"
We stayed for a wedding. The hallways did not seem to be air conditioned, they were hot and humid. We could hear the music in the lounge from our room. The ceiling in our room looked like there may have been some water damage. The roast beef dinner was only average. The meat was not that tasty nor tender.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
"awesome stay"
everyone there was awesome very friendly I would stay there again
1 night trip May 28, 2015
Kenneth
"Best Hotel at Hampton Beach!"
This is the only Hotel we will stay at when we go to Hampton Beach. We know it will be clean and the staff there is great. The attached restaurant is top notch. Our room faced the ocean and was just beautiful for sitting on the balcony soaking in the sun or people watching. The Ashworth By The Sea never dissapoints.
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Carla
Nice room with a balcony with a view of the beach. Location great
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
diane
"The Kids with 2 Strikes."
I had booked a reservation on my mothers expidia.com account and made sure before the reservation was finished my mother confirmed that the fact we were 18 years old wouldn't be a problem and it supposedly wasn't. However that was not the case when we had arrived to the hotel and found out that there was in fact a problem and that they only take the reservations of 21 years and older. After many conversations with staff members we were allowed to check in with a reminder that it is a "family friendly hotel" and then proceeded to tell us that their policy is 3 strikes your out but gave us only two because we were underage. Then at the restaurant we were waiting for our server and another employee of the restaurant asked if "anyone even knew we were there". The experience after that was fine however with the staff being less than accepting of our age it left the impression that we were not 100% welcome.
Other trip May 31, 2015
"Disappointing service and stay!"
We was so disappointed with the lack of customer service and lack of the keeping the guests comfort in the forefront. It was Memorial Day weekend and they had a lot of guests arriving early, on a very hot day. They have a new lobby and it seemed like having their lobby look nice was more important than customer service. They would not keep our luggage for us (even though there was plenty of space on the carts and behind the desk) and made us put it in the car and then valet park it for several hours while we went upstairs to lunch, even though we asked for it to be close. So, if you forgot something in the luggage (like flip flops) you couldn't get it, and I had chocolate in my suitcase which melted all over everything. Usually the desk clerks are so friendly and nice, but Suzanne, someone I think is new? was not very polite and spoke in an irritated tone. When we went upstairs to get a bit to eat, there were very few waitstaff and one couple left saying "The staff is overwhelmed". There were staff there that were not properly trained and they also moved all the chairs from the deck to down by the pool, so no wind or view of the water. The chairs are packed like sardines by a noisy air conditioner, not a very pleasant place to sit. It was a hot day, so we baked with no wind and the indoor pool air was stifling! Later on, the desk staff was nicer, but the bar service and downstairs restaurant service was really slow.
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Dear Suzanne, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I hope you will accept my sincerest apologies regarding the service failures you endured while staying with us. Customer service is our number one priority and I am so very sorry that did not deliver this. I will certainly speak with the appropriate hotel team, and use this as a training tool for our future guests. We appreciate your feedback and hope you'll give us another chance to demonstrate our commitment to providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests at our hotel. Sincerely, Tom Cannizaro, GM
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
Suzanne B.
"nice room... updated tv ...fridge.. a/c l"
great location and staff were nice .. would definetly stay here again..only negative is parking $15 dollars added and a tips both ways can add up.
Other trip May 31, 2015
terry
"The walls are very thin"
The walls are very thin, could hear the guest kids first thing in the morning.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Great hotel with view of the beach"
Had a great time, hotel staff was excellent, both restaurants had great food and staff as well.wonderful time.
Other trip May 24, 2015
Angel
"Great place to stay!"
I had to visit with a client in the area and the nearest hotel to their favility was booked. I realized how close I was to Hampton Beach and took a chance on this. I wasn't dissapointed! The only thing I didn't care for was the pillows so bring your own. Otherwise it was a brief, but great experience.
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Dear Guest, Thank you for your choosing us to host your stay and for sharing your experience with us. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here and we were able to deliver you an exceptional experience. Come back and see us again! Best, Tom Cannizaro, GM
1 night business trip May 19, 2015
Ian
"Loved It"
It was great I had an amazing weekend getaway with my boyfriend and friends.
3 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Janelle
"Quick and Quiet Evening"
From the moment the valet met me on the street until he returned my car the next day things could not have gone better. Check in was fast, easy and painless, and I was up in my room in a flash. The room was nicer than I expected for such a low rate and had a real ocean view. The room was neat and clean. The bed was comfortable and even the free coffee turned out to be great. Breakfast at the restaurant was fabulous with good food and outstanding service. In fact, the staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. All in all, this was one of the best single overnight stays I have had in a long time.
Other trip May 17, 2015
Very nice accommodations overall great staff . Friendly clean nice get away . Easy beach access
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Spring break at Hampton Beach for the elderly!"
Very nice room with acceptable ocean view. Good value for the cost.
2 night romance trip May 6, 2015
"It was ok, but sadly not what we expected."
Stayed on the first floor during the Seaglass Festival. Hotel was located in an excellent location. Close to the ocean and the boardwalk. Very thin walls. We could hear the neighbors and the music from the wedding that was held there all night, including any outside road noise. Tiny balcony. Restaurants had delicious food, but very slow waitstaff. Valet parking only. Complimentary off season.
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Dear Carol, Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in town for the Sea Glass Festival in Hampton, NH. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and delicious food; however, I am very disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional accommodations, and I am very sorry for the noise you experienced in your guest room and the slow service you received in our restaurant. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention as this will give us another opportunity to train/ re-train our staff. We value your business and hope you’ll give us another opportunity to provide you with a 5-star stay in the future. Sincerely, Tom Cannizaro, GM
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"ehhh you can do better"
I booked the deluxe room with the balcony on the ocean side. It was the best room the had apparently.... but I've stayed in better 50 dollar a night dives than this "beach getaway luxury hotel". the room was dirty enough where I had to ask the front desk to have it really cleaned. There was hair all over the couch in the room and gum smeared on the desk chair, that got all over my pants... that was cool. Again there is better places I would think for the money than this place. The overall cleanliness of the hotel was pretty bad. the pool was green and discussing. Only perk was the restaurant and the staff there. I would will never stay there again if I have to come back for business. What a let down for the money.
3 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
"Exceptional customer service"
You can't get any better than this on Hampton Beach. The hotel has been recently renovated. The staff is exceptionally friendly. I got in late my first night just as the bar had closed. They poured me a great scotch at no charge! The hotel is right across the street from the beach with beautiful views from the balconies.
2 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
Jeffrey
"Unacceptable for the location!"
Very noisy and changed rooms twice!
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Dear Richard, Thank you for your recent stay. As we pride ourselves on delivering comfortable and memorable accommodations, I am very disappointed to hear of your experience with us. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the loud noise and changing of rooms. I will personally speak with my staff to ensure that this is not a recurring issue. We value your business and hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a 5-star stay. Sincerely, Tom Cannizaro, GM
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
richard
"Richards' Family"
We plan on making this a yearly adventure in April. Our blood pressure went down the minute we opened the room door. Excellent and very accomodating.
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
kim
Stayed 1 nite got in late but staff was super accommodating
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
good experience
"Uncomfortable"
Newly renovated lobby! Bed was incredibly uncomfortable!
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Bring your ear plugs"
Hotel was awesome about upgrading room when I complained about the restaurant vents that were noisy even with the balcony door closed tight. Don't buy a partial ocean view...overlooks pool/decks and restaurant vents! Loud and no privacy.
1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
"Officer Friendly"
The hotel is really nice and the rooms are great but if you plan on staying up after midnight talking with friends in your room plan on getting a visit from their friendly security person......and the manager on duty.......and be ready to be threatened by the "not so friendly" staff with them calling the police because you are talking too loud in your room!
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay with us and for providing us with valuable feedback. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our guest rooms and the hotel overall; However, I am very sorry that you felt threatened by our staff. That is never our intention, and I sincerely apologize that our staff came across this way. I will certainly speak with my team, and hope you will give us another chance in the future to provide with a 5-star experience. Sincerely, Tom Cannizaro, GM
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
Loved the hotel Location, close to shops and it is right across the street from the beach. Very nice rooms too.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"Great time"
Facility was clean staff was professional and helpful
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
vinny
"Fantastic view"
View was the very best for Hampton beach. Clean, great staff, comfortable beds. Great value esp. in off season.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Eileen
"Close to beach"
Excellent views.. close to attractions and local establishments. Undergoing rennovations :( .Did not disclose...also beds are very outdated And uncomfortable
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
We had a good time. It was a busy place and plenty of people, and good music.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"1 night get-a-way!!!!!"
It was a perfect little get-a-way....and the DJ was good and the food was great....we didnt have to leave the hotel....
Response by Ashworth by the Sea
Dear Keith, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Restaurant and DJ during your stay with us. We try our best to provide a great atmosphere for our guests, and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Hope to see you soon! Best, Tom Cannizaro, GM
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Keith
"Clean room. October visit"
we were there in off season. The hotel is dated and has kind of an odd layout. Our room was clean. Staff was friendly & helpful.
1 night romance trip Oct 28, 2014
paula
"Great hotel with a beautiful view"
It was a nice little getaway. We wished we could have stayed longer. We will be back again.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful."
Great hotel, easy walking distance to Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom. Valet service was exceptional. Overall a great experience.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
Deb
"Its not downtown boston people"
Nice clean room fiendly staff dont know what all the complants are about its hampton beach not downtown boston
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
"Great first experience"
Room was clean, check in was fast. Parking was free as it was off season. Valet parking was also a plus! Id say this is a much nicer hotel than most on the hampton strip, I will definitely be back!
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
This is not our first time at the Ashworth. As usual our balconey room was a special place for us to enjoy the ocean and enjoyed also the heated pool and convenience of the breakfast café and the restaurant attached to the Ashworth.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Anita
"The good & the not so good"
The good: The hotel was in a great location with free valet parking. Rooms and public spaces were clean an updated. Staff was friendly and helpful. The not so good: Though the rooms were updated, they were SMALL. Aside from the bed, bureau, etc. there was a desk chair (as in ONE). No room to sit down other than the bed or that one desk chair. I haven't stayed in/seen a room that small since a stay at The Paramount in NY. We had a balcony room, but only a peek-a-boo view of the ocean. Unfortunately, the balcony was totally unusable. Our room was on the 2nd floor (of 3) overlooking the indoor pool facility and the roof of the hotel's restaurant. There were 2 large vents/fans ventillating the kitchen and aside from the loud noise (that ran 24x7), all we could smell was grease and fried food - gross. Had we had a usable balcony, I may not have minded the tiny room as much. Without the balcony seating, there really wasn't any place inside to sit together, talk, read or watch tv and relax. If all you're looking for is a place to sleep, this is more than sufficient.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Stacy G
Hotel could use a little updating but other than that it was fine. Food & service was decent.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Off-Season Stay"
We had a very pleasant stay at the Ashworth. The service was excellent and the people were very friendly. The location was great with everything in walking distance; unfortunately we stayed during the off-season so we didn't get the full experience of the area. The hotel's restaurants were excellent. My only complaint would be that the room size we booked was not what we were given.
2 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
"October stay"
Very nice, but had some roof construction going on. Staff was great!
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Very nice place but for the area it was a little pricey. Everyone that I dealt with was extremely friendly. The room was clean.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Ryan
"beautiful view"
It would of been better if we could shower. Shower clogged overfilled drain. Complained and no one seemed to care. Wasn't able to take a shower on our stay. We just got married that day and couldn't wait to relax and take a nice hot shower.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014