All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
11942 Ne Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR, 97220, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Big disappointment, will not stay again."
Four reasons not to stay here. 1. Thin walls, you can hear your neighbors having a normal conversation. 2. This motel insists on having your rooms cleaned, no exceptions. Your Do Not Disturb sign will work for one day only. 3. No ice. 4. $20.00 damage deposit, and I still have not been credited for my refund.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
J Dee
"Just visiting the Columbia River Gorge"
Nicely updated room, great price and very friendly owners. If I get up this way again I will be sure to remember this place.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Clean, comfortable, convenient overnight stay"
Appreciate the simple but clean and comfortable accommodations - perfect for overnight stays. Staff very hospitable.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"Clean and comfortable motel"
Great stay. Great price. I was very impressed. I wasn't expecting much in a small motel, but was pleasantly surprised. Nordic Motel was very clean and comfortable. And the price was unbeatable. I'll certainly stay there again on my next trip to Portland.
4 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"Excellent value for your travel dollar!"
I have stayed at the Nordic twice now for weekend getaways, and have found it to be an excellent base for exploring the city. It's a quick 15-minute drive back to downtown, the Pearl, or other destination neighborhoods. I use the money I save by staying here (reasonable room rates, and no parking surcharge like the big hotels downtown) to eat well and shop, and that is a great trade-off as far as I'm concerned.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Not your average Mom and Pop"
We have made a couple of long road trips, looking to stay in Mom and Pop motels. This one has to be at the top of the list. Nice sized room with thick towels. Including a coffee maker with the refrigerator and microwave would have rounded out the needed appliances. Good bed and great pillows. Quiet, even with a family arriving late and moving in next door. Lots of hot water. Thank you Nordic Motel for attention to detail!
1 night family trip Dec 11, 2014
"Would stay again"
pretty nice motel. Walls are thin so you can hear your neighbors but turning on the heater drowned out the noise... mostly
5 night trip Nov 19, 2014
"Close to airport and affordable"
Safe, tidy, clean. Unfortunately, the owners have identified the need to collect a damage deposit in addition to the prepaid rate. It is refunded if you don't damage the room, but a real hastle.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
"go to place"
Have stayed here twice before, and it's still a great place.The folks that run this hotel couldn't be nicer,I stay here whenever I come in to PDX.
2 night trip Nov 14, 2014
"Good, Basic Accommodations at a Great Price"
We travel to Portland a few times every year and were looking for a reliable, clean place to stay at a good price. I think we have found it in the Nordic Motel. It is located east of the airport on the old highway to Mt. Hood—not really convenient to any of the Portland hot spots like the Pearl District, but at about half the price of any other reliable place a little driving is worth it.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Carl
Beds and pillows were in excellent condition and very comfortable. Coffee in the office was good even had flavored creamers.wish there was a coffee pot in the room, due to me being an early riser.
"Nice room and nice owners"
This room was great, clean and very comfortable. The owners were extremely friendly and helpful. The only downside to this place was it is a bit of a hike from downtown, but there is a bus stop right across the street, so it was pretty easy to get around.
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"Made life easier"
They were so nice, the place was clean and the bathroom was large and spotless.I will be back!!
1 night business trip Oct 30, 2014
"Clean, comfortable, convenient, not fancy"
Yes I could hear the train but it was not intrusive, less noisy than most street noise. The room was very clean and comfortable, on the small side, but that's fine with us. All essentials, fixtures, and furniture were newer, working and in very good condition. Lots of hot water and good water pressure in the shower, plenty of towels. The place is clearly cared for and well maintained. Staff were helpful and made us feel welcome. We would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"Clean & comfortable"
Very pleased with the hotel. Price was right, but more importantly, the hotel was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. Will stay there again!
1 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
"Close & Comfortable"
the Nordic Motel was comfortable and close to all of our activities in the Portland area at an affordable price.
2 night trip Oct 6, 2014
John H.
"Weekend seeing old friends"
Motel was super clean and seemed like it was recently renovated. Midsize fridge, microwave, dvd player all nice features. Carpets looked new. Curtains looked new. This is a perfect place for the person needing a place to stay before heading to the airport.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Excellent Portland gem"
This is a gem of a motel. One of the old Hwy 30 motor hotels of the 40s and 50s, it's been totally remodeled and upgraded. The room was clean and quiet. Hot water was hot and the shower was nice. Bed was very comfortable. Parking right outside the door. Room had a fridge and a microwave. And the wifi is secure! It's a close drive to about everywhere. I'd highly recommend the Alpine.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Outstanding friendly owners here!"
Pros: The owners were very personable (recommended the delicious Neuman's German cafe down the street), the room was very clean, nice to have a frig and microwave, TV and channels were entertaining, great rates, located near PDX, easy access to freeway... Cons: trains and neighbors in the next room were loud but tolerable for the price.
4 night trip Oct 9, 2014
hotel was fine but I have a major complaint with hotels.com. I phoned and was assured that the hotel had 24/7 airport shuttle. it has 0 airport shuttle. that cost me an additional $50.00 for taxi and 45 minute wait at airport @ 2:30 am.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2014
"Nice place to stay close to the airport"
I found this property very clean and the staff was great to help with local directions and recommendtions for places to eat.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Jon
"Great motel"
Wonderful stay at Nordic Motel, would definitely stay again
4 night romance trip Oct 2, 2014
Nickalus
"Great hotel for the price"
For the price you can't find a better hotel. Definitely not the most luxurious but I've paid twice as much for worse hotels. If your a light sleeper you may want to consider that there is train tracks very close by. Also, the shower has fantastic water pressure. Will definitely be going back.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"The Best Affordanle Motel in Portland"
My sister and I stayed for 3 nights. The owners were extremely nice and helpful. The motel was exactly like the photo posted. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, our room was cleaned esch day and we were provided clean towels each day. The area was very quiet. I will definitely book again.
3 night family trip Oct 2, 2014
Jenell
"Inexpensive but good"
Enjoyed stay at Nordic. Staff very nice & helpful. I'd stay there again. Also recommend Jim Dandy Diner not far away for breakfast. Real Americana 1930s diner.
3 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
Very clean. Quiet. And conveniently located. Reasonably priced
3 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2014
"Good value. close to airport"
Picked for price. Renovated. Small room but comfortable. Close to airport.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Al
"Easy access to highways and airport"
Very nice people at front desk. Room was very basic but very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable, I think temperapedic style mattress. There were foam pillows also but I always bring my own. There's coffee and tea in the small lobby. Refer and microwave in room for doggie bag leftovers. Only drawback is I know the guy next door snores, pretty thin walls and I'm glad I didn't have an. Obnoxious and/or loud neighbor either side. And of course it's only one level so no up or down neighbors. Bring your earplugs! Reasonable price, friendly and not fancy. My kind of place.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
p
"great value!"
Excellent customer service, great amenities, convenient to airport, and great price. HIghly recommend.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
Lara
"Worst hotel experience EVER"
Desk clerk would not allow me to check in because I had a different last name from my husband, who had made the booking. She became irate and profane, and she would not let me talk to the manager. I had to leave and find other lodging. I also suspect some possible racial issues, as I am not a typical white American. The motel was nothing fancy, and the neighborhood was suspect. The manager later apologized, too late for that night.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
Mary Philippillai
"Great small motel that i just love"
the hotel is very comfortable and clean, only 24 room available. near to big groceries store such as kmart and winco. close to airport as well.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"Nice motel beside the train tracks"
This was a nice motel overall. We got upgraded to a room with its own electric stove and big refrigerator which is not quite beside the train tracks across the street. This motel would've been perfect if not for the trains passing by every half hour or so (even at night!)
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
christine
"Close to major highways and airport"
Good place to stay for the money. Bed and pillows were not the greatest. Less noise than expected. Clean but small bathroom. Nice having microwave and refrigerator in room, but if I wanted coffee I had to go to the desk. All and all a good place.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Deb
"great nostalgic motel....."
Cute little motel, like a blast from the 50's. The rooms were updated and very clean. The only thing I missed was coffee in the room.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"Perfect for people on the run"
This hotel was perfect for the purposes of my trip. I went to Portland to apply for jobs and look at apartments so I wasn't in the room much other than for sleeping. It is very close to the MAX which is crucial for someone without a car. There was a mini fridge and microwave which is awesome if you don't want to go out for every meal. There is also wifi. The owner if very sweet and made me feel comfortable and welcome.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
"5 star amongst motels!"
Very close to airport but without noise. Clean rooms! Very friendly staff.
3 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
Anthony
"A little overpriced for what you get."
20 dollar cab fare from airport old hotel fairly well maintained. Small rooms. Would try to find something else on next trip. It's a solid 2.5 stars
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
harrison
"Lovely"
The Nordic Motel is a wonderful place to stay. I recommend, however, to get a room away from the road. I stayed in the room closest to the road and it was quite noisy- hard to sleep. I think being away from the road it would have been much better. The manager was lovely and the room was immaculate! I would stay there again for sure.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014
"Great place to stay near airport"
We stayed in the family room, which was very clean and comfortable. Beds and pillows afforded a good night's sleep. The owner is extremely friendly and attentive, and the exterior of the motel is very well maintained. The motel is close to the airport, especially to the off-site car rental agencies. Though it is not in the very best of neighborhoods, the area is okay and we felt safe here. Of all our accommodations during our vacation in Oregon, we liked this one the best and highly recommend it.
1 night trip with friends Sep 7, 2014
Retrev
"Fine and reasonably priced. Would have liked cerea"
Nice simple and very clean place. Staff was quite nice and arranged to help with a quiet room even though I was coming in very late. Would go there again for the price and convenience even though it lacked breakfast. Coffee in lobby was very good, however.
1 night business trip Sep 4, 2014
"Exceptional, Clean, and a Good Value"
The Nordic Motel is an excellent value for Portland. The location is a bit out of the ordinary locations. You will need to drive to get downtown. The motel reminds me of the 50's and 60's motels. It is a modest motel and clean as a whistle. The owners are doing a fantastic job and everything is maintained well. I would stay there again when driving thru Portland.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Vicki
"Very nice owners"
Very clean and neat. Older hotel but updated very nicely.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"falsely advertised"
We chose this motel because it had good reviews. This place is right next door to the train tracks and the train goes by tooting its horn all night. We were nervous about staying in this very seedy neighborhood and the pillows were rock hard. They felt like sleeping on sand bags. Skip this place and keep looking!
1 night trip Aug 25, 2014
disappointed traveler
"Great Motel"
Chose this motel because of the great reviews but was still skeptical. But we were soon happily inside our CLEAN and neat room. Nicely updated interior, friendly people and very helpful.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Fisher
"Situated good for visiting Columbia Gorge"
We got a free upgrade and enjoyed the big room. Everything was very clean. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The outside of the motel is nice and well maintained. If possible book a room away from the main road.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
"Nordic Motel"
This is a great little motel. It is really clean and really well run. It is a tightly run family business and the hands-on management pays off in the quality of the stay. The pillows were the best I have slept on at any hotel - including much more expensive chain establishments.
1 night business trip Aug 10, 2014
Tom Platt
"Nordic Motel Portland, Oregon"
We used the hotel as our base for showering and sleeping while visiting family in Portland. We were very impressed with the condition of the motel both inside and out. The staff was most courteous and helpful. You could tell that the owners took great pride in running a safe, clean and efficient establishment. We would definitely stay there again if the opportunity presented itself.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Craig
"a small bargain gem on the outskirts of Portland"
I stay here regularly. The price can't be beat, and the staff are beyond friendly. The rooms are truly clean, furnished in a bare-bones IKEA style. Great WiFi connection. It's pretty close to the airport, and 15-20 minutes from downtown Portland. Particularly useful if you're headed east, to the Columbia river Gorge or Mount Hood, or just want a change from inexpensive airport locations. Working fridge & microwave.
2 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Good value - hotel was very clean. Older facility but rooms equipped with kitchen appliances including large refrigerator, microwave, toaster, etc. Staff was friendly. Area surrounding motel a little sketchy but high school with running track and Burgerville within easy walking distance.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"Nice tidy place but trains are noisy"
Was happy with rooms and staff. Just to know trains are noisy at day and night.
3 night trip Jul 31, 2014