All hotels in Edison, New Jersey, United States of America
1 Fieldcrest Ave, Edison, NJ, 08837, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

"My Stay with My family at Extended Stay America"
My experience with the hotel was that it is conspicuously located. The staff were very helpful and courteous. However, there was no variety in the breakfast served. The same cake and biscuit all through.
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
Pete
Overall average.
1 night trip with friends Aug 13, 2013
Everything is OK, just have no restroom in lobby level.
1 night trip with friends Aug 13, 2013
"Smelly and disgusting"
Outside was ok. The second the door flew open, the smell of cigarette slaps u right in the face. There is no maid service unless u stay 8days minimum. If you want fress towels you have to walk down with dirty to do a trade. Location is super bad as well. I should of stay at the Sharaton that I can see from my room. Oh and it was loud and noisy. Kids running around and random sketchy guys just standing around. I had to hold my purse closer to me.
2 night business trip Aug 6, 2013
Yasmin
"Freindly Staff"
Overall my stay was average nothing special. But I will say that the staff was very friendly.
1 night romance trip Aug 6, 2013
"Just needs a few things but overall good"
The room was clean, location was near pretty much everything if you knew where to go. It just lacked/ missed a few things. A personal hair dryer (almost EVERY Hotel has had this since 1950), could have used those disposable little plastic cups, just a small sponge for dishes and wiping off counters (yes we did our dishes), another packet or two of dish soap, and the one thing that REALLY surprised me was the AC Unit. It had no Fan Option. I have to have background noise to sleep and the Unit shut off once it reached a certain temp. That was very odd. Also one other thing, I know it is Jersey and all but I smoke, had a non smoking room so I went outside to smoke.... at first I loved the smell of NJ again but after you are outside for more than 3 minutes the smell of raw sewage was putrid. Maybe it was an indication that I need to stop smoking? Overall the Hotel was well worth the price and I would stay again.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
Epi2me
"overall good stay"
Nice hotel for price. No food or retail around tho. Would stay again if in the area
1 night trip Jul 12, 2013
paul
"Value = price"
For what it is, it works. There's nothing fancy about it, but then the price is reasonable. It's the sort of place you stay in if you've got work to do nearby (you definitely need a car with a GPS in this area!), and if all you want is a place to sleep that's safe and clean. If you're on a per diem that doesn't quite cut it elsewhere, well, this is OK.
Response by Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our hotel. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
DBK
"Good not great"
I stayed here for 3 nights in June 2013. The hotel overall was fine, no major complaints, quiet room, room and kitchen area were clean, pleasant check-in lady, descent location. Those are most of the pros. The cons are: if you don't need a kitchen there are nicer and better priced hotels in the area - I stayed at the Hotel Executive Suites in Carteret for one night and that was MUCH better (similar price, but a lot more comfortable and modern design, descent bkfst, etc.). More cons: the a/c-heat unit was difficult to regulate and the room was either too hot or too stuffy or cold, there were 3 liquor bottles on the ground outside the hotel when I pulled up to the hotel to check-in, the breakfast not much of a breakfast (pre-packaged mini-muffins, beverages, and pre-packaged granola bars - all rather cheap and skimpy to me). Lastly, there is no one on desk duty all night and the morning person doesn't show till 7am. I wanted to check-out earlier than 7, but had to wait around for the day shift person to arrive (this also frustrated several other people who wanted to check-out earlier). I would stay there again, but only if I couldn't find any other place. It's not a bad hotel, it was fine, but I know there is better. Thanks.
3 night trip Jun 23, 2013
Travis D.
Did not like my stay at all. Booked it through Hotels.com. I checked in and asked the receptionist if I can make an international call. To that she was not able to give me a correct answer rather said that it is expensive and I do need to have a card registered. When did I say that I will not give my card? Got one wing in the 3rd floor. Smelt completely filthy. Entered the room, it was ok but there were so many problems...coffee maker switch not working, light beside my bed not working. Came to know that they have stopped providing shampoo and conditioners at the bathrooms. Wonder how much they are saving with this. There were not enough utensils too. Had to ask for all of these. However the service was prompt to get these fixed. Good part is the complimentary breakfast. Have not seen that in Extended Stays...First night was horrible. I heard people shouting around and beating the walls. Bad experience all together!
4 night business trip Jun 18, 2013
"Convenience"
Place was OK - bathroom had hairs in the tub but for the money and convenience for a single night, it was all we needed. B-fast was just a coffee service - a "grab and go" type bar, location was good as it was an easy on-off of the NJT.
Response by Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our hotel. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2013
"Edison,NJ"
Quite but a little run down and smelled musty. Serve my purpose though.
Other trip Jun 1, 2013
"don't expect wakeup call-not offering that service"
Nice and clean with microwave, range and fridge at good price
1 night trip May 25, 2013
"Nice room"
After a long day at work,we found room was equipped with very comfortable bed. This weekend was college graduation for Rutgers and just happened to find this hotel reasonable. Has a kitchen with stove and refrigerator-nice change to be able to cook a nice dinner,rather than microwave foods.
Other trip May 21, 2013
"exceptional value"
The entire experience was excellent. It was a special treat to have a refrigerator in the room to store the food we could not finish at a delicious meal in a restaurant close to the hotel. We will definitely return to this hotel if our plans include a visit to the area again.
1 night trip May 14, 2013
lbzaslow
"Pleasantly surprised"
For the cost of the room, I'm pleasantly surprised.
1 night trip May 1, 2013
"Very nice"
The hotel was very clean and so were the kitchen appliances in the suite. The laundry facilities turned out to come in handy and beds were extremely comfortable. The breakfast was very limited but the muffins were delicious. I would definitely stay there again.
2 night romance trip Mar 1, 2013
"Great Hospitality"
Once I first checked in my room key didn't work. I went back downstairs and the desk clerk made it her priority to get me another room. Once inside the room was nice. I enjoyed my stay.
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2013
This was a very clean, well located Hotel. I love the kitchenette feature. I would definitely book this chain again. Well worth the money.
3 night business trip Feb 19, 2013
ach
"Good Value"
Overall, it was a good value. The bed was comfortable, the kitchenette would have been wonderful had I been on an extended stay (did not need to use it for a one night stay). The bathroom was a little cramped and I had to ask the front desk for shampoo. There is one entrance to the property and if you miss it, you may have to circle around a couple of miles to try again. The breakfast was 'grab and go' - coffee and a muffin, return to your room (no place to sit, no tables). The hotel was 5 miles from where I needed to go, so the location was good. Not much in the area that I could see in the way of eating or shopping. You probably have to drive 10 miles or so for that.
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2013
"raritan center"
it was nice although the breakfast was a joke
2 night business trip Feb 15, 2013
jeff
"one night stay"
The room was quaint and clean. But, they are updating rooms and doing construction early in the morning. Also, I didn't ask for a morning call, but received one hours before check out time asking if I was going to extend my stay. It seemed like they wanted me out of the room early. They did offer continental breakfast, but I wasn't interested in that. The extended stay hotel was ok, nothing great. Good enough for a quick stay.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2013
Tina
When i got to my room there was still toothpaste splater on the sink in the bathroom also there were no hangers to hang my jacket and the iron was dirty could not iron my shirts and it was very load got woke up twice at 12:30 and 2:00 about i was going to stay a other night but went to a different hotel spent more for it but after that night it was worth it the staff was very frindly and helpfull in what every i asked for
2 night trip Jan 14, 2013
It's a decent place to rest your head. That's about it. I wouldn't shower or use the kitchen. The hotel clerk was top shelf.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2012
"Very convenient location"
The front desk was not covered until 7:00 AM delaying checkout and the breakfast was minimal. Other than these two items the stay was extremely nice.,
1 night trip Sep 8, 2012

"Pleasantly surprised."
Very pleased with this hotel. Liked the area it was minutes away from department stores and a great diner where the food was good and service even better. Love the fact they had a little kitchen area unfortunately was only there over night but will use this hotel again for an "Extended Stay".
Response by Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center
Michael - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our location, your fully equipped kitchen and your stay with us overall. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2014
michael
"If you just pas by"
I guess if you are just passing by like we did it is ok. But I would not stay there for a long time. It showed sign of age. There was a big burn mark on on the carpet that did not look very clean. I don't plan of staying at one of these hotel ever again
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Benoit
"Convenience of hotel location"
Wouldn't stay again.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2014
simon
"Not clean at all"
I am staying for an extended time for business and when I stepped into the hotel there's a smell, and when I got the key and got into the room, I could smell the cigarette smoke smell. The carpet wasn't vacuumed properly and the bathroom sink was not cleaned as well. The bed cover wasn't washed and I could see the stain on it - just not a great place to stay whether for short or longer trips
17 night business trip Jun 9, 2014
"Might be better in the summer."
The problem is how noisy the fridge and heater in the room are, meaning I was constantly woken up by the fridge kicking in or the heater which sounds like B52 bomber flying through your room as it cycles in and off. It also makes the room extremely dry which makes you get static shocks from the polyester throw on the bed. For this I found boiling a pan of water helped, but had a negative of steaming out the fat from the extractor above the hob. The coffee and breakfast cereals are ok. The tv also is lacking in channels and is fuzzy on some of them.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"Good even for short stays"
We stayed just one night after arriving from Australia and were very satisfied. We walked across to the Sheraton for dinner but the kitchen was useful for breakfast. One little point was that our GPS had the motel in the wrong place and it was tricky to get back into the place when we did find it.
1 night family trip May 2, 2013
amp-qld
"No frills! Don't stay here if you don't have a car"
Bring your own stuff! I made the mistake of staying here without a car. Expensive cab ride from airport. I had no idea that this place had no breakfast (except package muffins) and only place to eat in walking distance is in other hotels nearby or Harolds, which has huge servings and is expensive: very limited eating. There wasn't a shuttle to take guests out to a restaurant. No daily housekeeping. Had to go to front desk to get shampoo/conditioner which was terrible on my hair. No hair dryer in some rooms and had to go to front desk to get it. I had to go to front desk to get coffee for the room. Hallways dingy and didn't smell nice. Kept awake at night by yelling and foul language late at night in the parking lot and there seemed to be lots of doors slamming and loud conversations heard all night long. The only plus was that it had a thin blanket separate from the bedspread. Most upscale or remodeled hotels only have a thick comforter that is too hot and if you take it off and only use the sheet you freeze. Some of the desk staff were not particularly friendly.
3 night business trip May 2, 2013

"Very expensive"
I didn't like this hotel, The price is too high They don't even have Fitness In the room smells bad , I'm going to try not to stay in this hotel never again Never, I prefer Motel 6
1 night trip Mar 13, 2013