All hotels in Poughkeepsie, New York, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2349 South Rd, Route 9, Poughkeepsie, NY, 12601, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9400

2.7
"Need remodeling"
1) Front desk ladies were very nice. 2) Have diss-functional equipments in the room; 3) It's too noisy when we stayed on first floor that made us very hard to get into sleep.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2014
"Should have slept in the car"
Hotel is gross, only stay there if there are no other options. We knew it wasn't going to be a Ritz Carlton, but I thought it would at least be clean. First room they gave us someone must have taken a nap in because one of the beds was unmade. The second room smelled so badly of mold, when it was light out the next morning the mold on the ceiling was pretty obvious. We survived, but definitely checked for bed bugs before getting into bed!
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Needs a tune up"
I was very unsatisfied when I was unable to check in at 3:30 pm. I was on my way to a function but left enough time to check in. Unfortunately although the check in time was clearly posted as 3PM and the registration desk, I was told that it was it was really 4PM. (why have the sign?) Even though I explained that I now would not be returning to late and that this is not acceptable. Also, I requested 2 rooms with 2 beds each and NON-SMOKING. I received a room with a single bed and obviously a smoking room. Needless to say, this one is being crossed off the list.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Reliable"
I have stayed here several times now because of the value it offers for the location. Each time I have stayed here the experience has been the same, average, which is comforting in a strange way. I know what to expect. They have a serious issue with drug deals happening in their parking lot despite being in a relatively safe area. The walls are a bit "thin" and you can hear guests if they are above you or next to you. The free breakfast is weak compared to other brand names, but satisfying enough to get your day started. I will be staying here again because I know I will get what I pay for.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Keith
My trip was very good...the accommodations at the motel were less.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Not worth the $"
I would have rather spent my money on the Hotel next door!
1 night business trip Apr 17, 2014
"The worst"
The carpet in the rooms smell sooo bad had my room smelling aweful...hot water turned cold as i was taking a shower...twice...smh..just bad business
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
"I got what I paid for..."
Room and hotel needs updates. Would not stay there again.
2 night trip Nov 8, 2013
Did what we needed to. went to a nyr game. room smelled musty and tub was broken. breakfast was a joke, room was clean staff was friendly but English was there second language, that caused some confussions. overall it was an ok place to stay.
1 night trip Nov 1, 2013
Outside of hotel is a little worn but rooms were remodeled and really nice. Staff very helpful and service good. Much cheaper than surrounding hotels. Smaller and handier. Overall great value for the price.
3 night family trip Oct 24, 2013
"I do not recommend this hotel"
There were burn holes in the comforter, paint peeling off the walls....was very disappointed.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"A fine enough hotel"
My experience was OK. the hotel was convenient for us...we were attending a festival about 20 miles away so it was what was available. I went with a group of 4, and we had two rooms. One room was VERY musty, smoky, humid, and dark. Kinda like a cave. The other room was fine. The "continental breakfast" left a lot to be desired.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"Great stay by Marist"
the super 8 is great for the value and it's close to everyhing when visiting the Poughkeepsie area. The rooms are clean and I've never had a problem staying there. I've taken several trips there over the years. Its not glamorous but it's fine for a weekend trip.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
Kj
"Convenient to area colleges"
Late checkin went smoothly. Didn't get to the hotel until almost 11pm.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
good clean roo. nice bed good value
1 night trip Sep 29, 2013
nice clean bed
1 night trip Sep 29, 2013
k
"Noise"
Seems like there was a back of wild animals running around upstairs. Walls and ceiling are paper thin
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
"Very clean, comfortable room. Good location"
Not fancy....clean and comfortable. Average cost. good location.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Was not clean at all very dirty place to stay at
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013
Becky
"Good location for us"
We were looking just for a clean bed and room at an inexpensive hotel. It was a good location, not far from the Culinary Institute. Nothing exceptional, but overall good. Breakfast could have been more, as choices were limited.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
Kristin
"no complaints except there was a musty smell"
we opened the windows and turned on the a.c to clear the musty smell.it was funny that one could not pull up to check in because the several spots in front of the lobby door were all handicap.the comp breakfast was only o.k.no eggs or meat.
1 night trip with friends Sep 3, 2013
dave b
"Cheap and Clean"
I appreciated the convenience of the location, the price was right and our room was very clean (very important to me). BUT, the "breakfast" was pathetic - there wasn't even caffeinated tea - only decaf. And the food choices were bulk cereal, toaster waffles and white bread. No protein (hard boiled eggs? yogurt?) or fruit. Better not to have a breakfast then to provide what there was. You miss it less when it is non existent.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
Karen L.
"August stay"
Seemed dark in the room. Ive stayed in nicet super 8 hotels. Breakfast is minimal
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"family visit"
it was ok, nothing great, complimentary breakfast was lacking. Would have been nice to have a little fresh fruit instead all one flavor of yogurt. Cleaning staff were very friendly and efficient
4 night family trip Aug 17, 2013
SM
Pet odor very strong in the hallway. Shower was not working in our room. They moved us to the next room and the towel hanger was broken.
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2013
Wei
Clean and comfortable in good location.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
"$50 Hotel"
This hotel should rank among those cheap $50 motels.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
"Good for One Night"
I had a wedding to attend near by to this location so it was quite convenient. No complaints here. Room was big and cleaned properly. Probably could've used a couch or additional chair by the window but no big deal.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"Not ready for prime time"
Had problems with the room key all 4 days of my stay and the room key would not work on the outside door either. Front desk unattended most of the time. 2 story hotel but no elevator. Had to keep dragging things up and down the stairs.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Chuck
"Comfortable stay"
Nice big rooms. It was not a four star hotel but a good bargain for the price. Rooms are big and bathroom was updated. Had a refrigerator which surprised me. I could smell a faint smoke smell even though I was in a non smoking room. The breakfast was very simple and could have been a little better. Overall I would stay here again!
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013
Tina
"Weekend stay for Horse Trials"
Rooms were clean and updated. Beds and Pillows were very comfortable. Hotel location was easliy accessible and in a great location - quite a few resturants nearby - which you will need since the Breakfast options were limited to Bulk Corn Flakes Cereal and day old Waffles.
3 night trip Jul 18, 2013
Laurie
"Good place to stay overnight"
A very nice place to stay overnight while travelling in the Hudson Valley: clean but without any extras. Very convenient location on the 9W. The only inconvenience is that the breakfast area is too small.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"Convenient location. Pleasantly surprised."
The first room assignment had a strong odor of pet urine. After room change, one of the light bulbs was out. However, after notifying the front desk, the bulb was changed. The room was clean, comfortable and service was excellent and accommodating. Breakfast was everything that was promised. I didn.t care for the packaged cinnamon cake. I would stay at Super 8 again. You cannot find more for such a great price.
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
Grace
"Great place to be at."
My family and I enjoyed our stay. We really didn't want to leave but some of us had to go to work the next day. It's a place I would recommend to friends.
2 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"Super 8 Poughkeepsie NY"
The value is great, staffs are hopitality. I love the location.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Calvin
"One night stop what"
The rate was inexpensive. We received what we paid for.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
"Functional hotel."
Easy to find. We had a large room for our king size bed, and it appeared as if some furniture was missing due to the large space. Oddly, the small white fridge was by the window, next to the desk, rather then by the bathroom and the empty space there. Breakfast minimal. The blanket between the sheet and the bed spread was very worn and ugly. I was very taken aback by the condition.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
Connie
"Mehh"
Other than getting hung up on once asking for a late check out; stay was overall mediocre
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2013
"Worst Beds Ever!"
The hotel wasn't bad overall, but my wife, my son, and I were all practically crippled after sleeping in those terrible beds.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2013
Jim S
"You get what you pay for"
The bathroom had a very moldy musty odor and the tub did not have safety strips or a plastic mat, making taking a shower an adventure; we ultimately placed a towel in it. The so-called breakfast consisted of weak coffee, two cereals and frozen waffles; we went elsewhere. I know it's not meant to be a five star or even four star motel, but this facility was a solid two or maybe two and a half star.
Other trip Jun 8, 2013
Reuben
"Perfect for what I needed."
Everything was good. Only very minor complaints were the continental breakfast (could have been better put together). And the back of the building had a construction company site and got loud at times. Over all, the room was clean and the beds more comfortable than some places I've stayed in. As well as a good central location with a mall and grocery stores very close. I would stay again.
2 night trip Apr 29, 2013
"Good, but very basic, accommodations"
Good location on route 9, with easy access to everything. Room was perfectly comfortable and clean. Good quality mattresses. Decent value for visits to Vassar, Marist, Hyde Park. Only two drawbacks. First, the continental breakfast is about as basic as it could get. Couldn't you at least pretend it's a healthy meal and put a bowl of fruit out as an option? Secondly, the walls and ceilings are thin and noise from nearby rooms could ultimately be a problem on busy nights. We could hear footsteps of the guy above us every time he went for a drink of water.
2 night family trip Apr 25, 2013
Marc
"Come on down. The price is right."
Nice location. Nice stay for an inexpensive price.
1 night trip with friends Apr 20, 2013
Elks Bowler
"terrible hotel"
The shower didn't work . The food for breakfast was minimal. The pillows were hard.
Other trip Apr 20, 2013
"Meh"
The pillows were tiny and worn, and the sheets and comforter were full of holes. The heater was loud and took quite a while to put out any significant heat. The staff was pretty friendly though...
1 night trip Apr 11, 2013
Nc
"Room lock"
The dead bolt was missing a screw we went out of room shut Door and dead bolt locked us out Had to get something from desk to open door he said this happened last night too ! I would think they would fix the problem if a Customer already got locked out once
1 night business trip Apr 6, 2013
"Good stay!"
Everything was good. I stayed on the 2 nd floor and did not hera anybody walking over my head this time.
Other trip Feb 25, 2013
Julia
"Good hotel for the money."
Very decent hotel for the money. The person on the front desk was helpful. The room was clean and large. The air conditioner was running well, the breakfast was ok. The only disappointment was that I could hear people walking over my head on the second floor. The rest was ok.
Other trip Feb 19, 2013
Julia
"Great For The Price!"
Room was clean. Staff was friendly. Need to upgrade TV
1 night trip Feb 12, 2013
"wouldn't stay again"
I guess you get what you pay for. The bed and pillows were miserable! The room was huge but there also wasn't much hot water and the heater didn't work well either despite how noisey it was.
2 night trip Feb 1, 2013