All hotels in Novato, California, United States of America
275 Alameda Del Prado, Novato, CA, 94949, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"RUN DOWN AND DIRTY"
The pictures are NOT representative of this property! It is minimal everything!! Toilet seat broken and sliding...bathroom floor scratched and in poor condition, as was the tub and shower. Pillows were bunches of lumps...like someone had stuffed foam pieces into a case! Lots of stairs and no help. Breakfast room was about 9x9 and not very well equipped...frozen round egg patties, pre-cooked bacon and sausage that had to be heated in microwave...I would definitely NOT RECOMMEND this property unless there was some serious renovation. TERRIBLE.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2015
Good nights sleep and ready for the track
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2015
"Refuesed my reservation"
Very unproffesional and rude staff ended up going some where else.
3 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
scott
"Traffic Noise"
Hotel is located near freeway. You heard freeway traffic in room.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Philip
"for 1 person it was ok"
Room was ok. It needs a grab bar in the tub. For a 1 night stay it was fine. Room is to small for 2 people. It only had 1 desk chair to sit in and the bed was so high you need a ladder to get in. It was clean.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2015
Heidi
"a nice stay"
We had a family trip to San Fransisco and found this suite with a nice kitchen, which is convenient to prepare some simple dinner for the family. The room is clean and comfortable. We really enjoyed it.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
"Room so bad, we thought about drive home..."
- called to see if we could get early check-in, phone rang until you get msg that no one there to take call and system hung up - when my wife did get through, attendant was rude - room/carpet felt dirty, windows unclean, bugs in light fixture -room key sometimes worked, sometimes didn't -interesting piping in structure (upstairs bathroom seemed to have down-piping in wall behind our bed's headboard -manager his break a bit early in my opinion, as he started his cigarette while walking by the breakfast cafe (we could smell it in the breakfast area) It was so bad, it got comical. On our way out of the partying lot, my wife's parting moment was, "worst hotel ever!"
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
"Get a nicer front desk person....."
The staff at the front desk is VERY rude. I asked for an itemized receipt so that I could submit it for work and the front desk person was very bothered by that. After a few minutes of asking him for it and letting him know I wasn't going to leave until he gave it to me, he finally printed it out. It felt like checking in/out was an inconvenience for them. I will never stay at this motel again. Ever.
1 night business trip Jul 17, 2015
"Average."
Very close to the freeway. A bit stuffy and small. We had an upstairs room. We were able to park our car in a garage spot in the shade under the building. Room was clean. "Breakfast" was only white flour and sugar products and "cranberry drink" and o.j. No decaf coffee. It may have been so unappealing that most will have a real breakfast at their onsite Bistro for extra money. We only booked it because we wanted one night only and mort hotels in the region require two nights on weekends.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
MEREDITH
Room could benefit from some spiffing up but was clean. Whereas the hotel was convenient, it faces noisy Rte. 101. Breakfast was basic -- beverages, cereal, bagels/muffins/toast.
2 night trip with friends Jul 14, 2015
"Horrible experience"
I would never stay here again, and have relayed this to my company. Horrible customer service, outdated and unclean rooms, and a dirty pool.
2 night business trip Jul 17, 2015
Shanandrea
"Clean, decent room, but a little pricey"
This is a good basic room, but nothing to write home about. The total bill was $176 for a Friday night, still pretty pricey for what you get.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Cheryl
We came in last minute for a funeral. The hotel was conveniently located to San Francisco as well as easy access to wine country. We loved the attached kitchenette. Room was very spacious, beds were comfortable. Our only complaint was that the room air conditioner did not cool the room very well but with cool nights we just opened the windows.
4 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Aimee
"Good for a night"
The staff was very pleasant, the hotel needs a facelift.
1 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015
"Very nice overall (except for the breakfast)"
Very nice hotel overall. Interesting set-up, with us having a little carport to pull into (which was nice) right below our room. The room was clean and had nice modern features, like a "bowl sink," which was neat. The only negative was the minuscule breakfast selection: a few cereals, some packaged muffins/breads, and a few beverages. Nothing really fresh.
1 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Catherine
"Good Value Great Location"
Good value for price. Older property needs updating especially bedding
1 night trip Jul 10, 2015
Robin
"Marinwood Hotel"
Nice Hotel
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Customer service always great as are the rooms etc.
5 night trip with friends Jul 1, 2015
"Unhappy couple...."
We stayed 2 nights which was okay. The floor by the sink and into the bathroom was dirty like it wasn't cleaned from the previous guest. There was layers of dust on the hair dryer and there was tape around the sprinkler in the bathroom, probably after painting. The smoke alarm wan't even attached in the bedroom area on the very tall ceiling. The kitchen counter had sticky drips of something on them and dried water marks where the ice bucket had been used by the previous guest as well. When we left the room Saturday morning we left the air conditioner on. When we came back that evening the maid had turned off the air conditioner and it was very very hot in the room.
2 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
kurt
"Good Deal in Novato"
Clean and much quieter than I expected. Checkout is a bit early, 10:00 a.m.
1 night business trip Jul 1, 2015
smells really bad in the lobby area when we got to our room there was still another smell we couldn't get used to and then there was a moth in our room
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Victor
"Okay not the best but not the worst"
For the price I paid on hotels.com $99 it was perfect! It's like an extended stay the maids don't clean your room daily. The towels are cheap so you feel the wear and tear when drying off. No frills Hotel but I can sAy I felt safe.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2015
"Easy and breezy!"
Front desk very nice. Accommodated my timing and put me in a room with my own carport. Fresh clean room with all mod cons.
1 night trip May 29, 2015
"Comfortable room but not much else."
Front desk clerk was not particularly helpful with directions and options for travel into SF. Breakfast was mediocre.
2 night romance trip May 25, 2015
"Pleasant place to stay"
Quick and friendly checkin; on 3rd level, was very quiet, pleasing landscaping.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
"Best bang for your buck!"
Saved my trip! I was actually at another motel first. It was a dump. So I moved here and it was wonderful! It had obviously been remodeled recently and they did a wonderful job! Above and beyond! Modern and clean!
2 night business trip May 21, 2015
Kristen
"Not bad but not good"
The room smelled "moist" which indicates to me that there is probably a water leak and/or improper ventilation for the bathroom. The air conditioner was horrible. It would blow cold air for maybe 5 minutes. It was colder outside than inside. I was disappointed at the lack of space. It was a small room with a really large bad. I would have preferred the walking room around the bed as opposed to the extra large tall bed that was overwhelming in the teeny room.
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Good value for Marin County"
This property doesn't offer some of the services you see from a major chain (such as front office being open 24 hours or shuttle service), but it is a good value for Marin County. Right off Highway 101, it's very close to grocery stores and restaurants. Microwave and small refrigerator were in the room. If you decide you don't want to drive to San Francisco, a Golden Gate Transit stop is nearby with free parking. The room was very comfortable and quiet. Could not hear the highway traffic. Would recommend to others.
2 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
"Not good service"
You will be rushed out of there early early am. Upon checking in man asked me what business I had in town, lol get outta here!!!
1 night romance trip May 11, 2015
"Good, Hotel For A Place To Sleep."
Being That Hotel Flanks Freeway We WeRe Lucky To Get A Room Facing Inside Parking Area. Staff Was A Pleasure Especially Deep, Who Checked Us In At The Front Desk. The Room Was Clean And Updated. Forget About The Free breakfast, Not Much To Choose From And The RooM It Was Served In Wasn't Very Inviting. Overall Was A Good Place To Sleep Easy Access Right Off The freeway.
Other trip May 9, 2015
Anne
"Marinwood stay"
Large room, large bathroom. Loved having the kitchen with full size fridge. If I was fixing my meals there, it would have been difficult. No pots, pans, dishwashing soap or paper towels. Missing blackout curtains, too much light in the room through the blinds. So definitely need blackout curtains to stay next time. The people were very loud above us. Sounded like people running across the floor.
1 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
Roxanne
":("
The pictures on hotels.com were NOTHING like the actual room at this hotel. It was a dump. On the plus side- it appears that they are remodeling, so perhaps someday it will be better...
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
"Reserved room, your website said it was 4.1 miles"
Turns out the room was over 14 miles to get from Petluma to Novato! The room had a horrible Smell,Sheets were thin you could see thru them all wrinkly, the towels were not much better, the closet no light, rug could have been cleaned. The person checked us in ... Not friendly, could care less if we checked in, told home about how far we had to drive, no response!
Other trip May 4, 2015
Mar
Room conditions average. Close to many amenities in the area. Affordably priced.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Not happy"
Checked in late. The room was hot. TV did not work. All I wanted is to watch the news. The person in charge tried to fix it. He didn't know how. He didn't care. There were no efforts to make things better. I was at that hotel for less thank four hours. Waste of money. Until today, I am waiting for management to call me back
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
ruben
"You can't check in early and check out is 10am. No"
Not friendly, old, late check in, early check out. There is a best western down the road that I would prefer next time
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
jessica
"Could of had more breakfast selections,"
the room was very nice and clean, it was also quiet.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Good place to stay!"
Very decent hotel for the price! Had a full kitchen in room! Area was very nice!
1 night business trip Apr 18, 2015
"regular"
I almost always stay here when I'm in the area
1 night business trip Apr 19, 2015
paul
"Good place to stay outside SF"
Small hotel and looks quite modest from the front. Proprietor very nice. Room was fine. Not a luxury hotel by any means but fine place to stay overnight outside the city. A little challenging to find unless you have nav - border 101 but you have to take a side road a short distance
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
"Super nice!"
It wasn't what I expected at all! The room was really nice and worth every penny!
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Our stay in Marin county"
We were very happy with the stay
3 night romance trip Apr 13, 2015
Fred
"Very Nice Hotel"
Really beautiful hotel and very affordable too. Very clean, modern, and friendly staff. I was even surprised that my room had a small kitchen too.
2 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2015
Christopher
"nice for the price"
Easy freeway access to all of Marin County. Comfortable accommodations.
2 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
Very nice remodel. Excellent value. I would recommend this to family and friends.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Roomy hotel in pretty setting"
Stayed in a room with a kitchen. And yes, it has cooking facilities. We are talking thanksgiving dinner. Stand alone large refrigerator and stove. One major drawback, the bed was too hard, but we are seniors who prefer a softer mattress. Breakfast was ample but starchy and sugary, but for what we saved on the room we could go to burger king down the road. We were not crazy about the brand of coffee in the room and were offered only one small pot. Plan on making a coffee run immediately.
stitchin mamma
"Pleasant appearance but noisy."
We were rather disappointed in this hotel. The room was big and comfy, but the walls are extremely thin. We could clearly hear conversations in the rooms on either side of ours. There was also a ton of noise from people running up and down the tiled stairs, and a domestic dispute in the parking lot. Next time we'll try somewhere else for the price.
2 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
"For the price, location, and comfort, I recommend!"
I know that Marinwood Inn & Suites may not get the best reviews but for the price, the location, the comfort, and the overall stay, I would definitely give it a 4 out of 5 stars. I wanted to stay in Novato after celebrating a friend's birthday and not wanting to drive home to San Jose. The check-in was easy and seamless. The room was overall comfortable aside from the wear and tear overtime. I was happy to get a flat screen television and the DISH network. The breakfast was a standard of many items inside packages (bagels, danishes, toast) along with cereal, coffee, tea, etc. I wouldn't mind returning to the place at all. I wonder how the pool was like.
1 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
"Persistence"
Our reservations were not in through expedia. Manager acted as though he wasn't going to give us a room because reservations were not there. We finally asked if they were full and he said no. So I said "So what's the problem then?" I wanted to see the room before we rented it and the Manager kind of balked, but finally gave in. It all worked out in the end, due to our persistence. Manager not overly friendly. I would probably not stay there again as there are other hotels in the area that are comparable or even nicer.
1 night romance trip Feb 24, 2015
"A decent place to spend a night or more."
Nicely remodeled rooms and bathrooms. The rooms have their own door to the outside, with your car parked right in front of your door, so it had a sort of small personal house feel, to it. Water pressure was OK but probably not as strong because it had a giant circular shower head to spread out the water. Nice gentleman that checked me in and out. It's on a frontage road off the highway so easy access and not far from gas, food and some entertainment.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2015