All hotels in Novato, California, United States of America
275 Alameda Del PradoNovatoCA94949United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Regular internet service
    Comfortable
    Room is all right
"Marinwood Inn Nice place to stay"
Arrived late 10pm and checking in was fast.Room was very assessable, quiet place and clean rooms. Great breakfast choices and would stay again.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
Dee
"Clean, decent room, but a little pricey"
This is a good basic room, but nothing to write home about. The total bill was $176 for a Friday night, still pretty pricey for what you get.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Cheryl
"smell in room"
there was a weird smell in the room as soon as we walked in. it smelled like sewer water. there was no directory to find out if u can call the front desk. the lighting was weird, they only had spotlights, no lamps in the room.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
We came in last minute for a funeral. The hotel was conveniently located to San Francisco as well as easy access to wine country. We loved the attached kitchenette. Room was very spacious, beds were comfortable. Our only complaint was that the room air conditioner did not cool the room very well but with cool nights we just opened the windows.
4 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Aimee
"The man at the the front desk was a grump"
The man at the front desk was not happy with his job and it showed. Old bedspreads and furnishings. The restaurant on site was never open. The pool was dirty.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
lisa
"Good for a night"
The staff was very pleasant, the hotel needs a facelift.
1 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015
"Very nice overall (except for the breakfast)"
Very nice hotel overall. Interesting set-up, with us having a little carport to pull into (which was nice) right below our room. The room was clean and had nice modern features, like a "bowl sink," which was neat. The only negative was the minuscule breakfast selection: a few cereals, some packaged muffins/breads, and a few beverages. Nothing really fresh.
1 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Catherine
"Good Value Great Location"
Good value for price. Older property needs updating especially bedding
1 night trip Jul 10, 2015
Robin
"Marinwood Hotel"
Nice Hotel
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
"great for the price"
room was great and comfortable. I did want to extend my stay but was misinformed by office clerk so I had to check into a different hotel
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
natalik
Customer service always great as are the rooms etc.
5 night trip with friends Jul 1, 2015
"a hidden gem found late at night"
we were on the road over july 4th and ended up needing a room that was not part of the plan. We found this place on line, arrived at midnight, the night manager waited for us. we ended up with the last room there. A bit quaint, in that the rooms are on the second floor with a carport for your car at ground level. The room was spacious, very clean, with a nice large bed and t.v. the bath sink was right in the front door, but htat actually worked for us. the shower was hot, and the walk in closet was a treat. The table , refrigerator, dresser were nice additions. Breakfast was a collection of cold cereals, packaged pastries, bread products. no hot, no protien.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
mark
"Unhappy couple...."
We stayed 2 nights which was okay. The floor by the sink and into the bathroom was dirty like it wasn't cleaned from the previous guest. There was layers of dust on the hair dryer and there was tape around the sprinkler in the bathroom, probably after painting. The smoke alarm wan't even attached in the bedroom area on the very tall ceiling. The kitchen counter had sticky drips of something on them and dried water marks where the ice bucket had been used by the previous guest as well. When we left the room Saturday morning we left the air conditioner on. When we came back that evening the maid had turned off the air conditioner and it was very very hot in the room.
2 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
kurt
"Good Deal in Novato"
Clean and much quieter than I expected. Checkout is a bit early, 10:00 a.m.
1 night business trip Jul 1, 2015
smells really bad in the lobby area when we got to our room there was still another smell we couldn't get used to and then there was a moth in our room
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Victor
"Okay not the best but not the worst"
For the price I paid on hotels.com $99 it was perfect! It's like an extended stay the maids don't clean your room daily. The towels are cheap so you feel the wear and tear when drying off. No frills Hotel but I can sAy I felt safe.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2015
"Nice hotel close to Sonoma Raceway."
Nice place, very good value for the money. I even had covered parking for my car. The room was clean and nice.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"Quick trip back to hometown with friend"
Disappointing. Staff moving furniture in next room early morning and late at night. Front desk staff totally not friendly. Towels etc of the chespest quality. Pillows lumpy. It seemed cleaned and somewhat updated but that was it.
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
D
"Easy and breezy!"
Front desk very nice. Accommodated my timing and put me in a room with my own carport. Fresh clean room with all mod cons.
1 night trip May 29, 2015
"Comfortable room but not much else."
Front desk clerk was not particularly helpful with directions and options for travel into SF. Breakfast was mediocre.
2 night romance trip May 25, 2015
"Pleasant place to stay"
Quick and friendly checkin; on 3rd level, was very quiet, pleasing landscaping.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
"Best bang for your buck!"
Saved my trip! I was actually at another motel first. It was a dump. So I moved here and it was wonderful! It had obviously been remodeled recently and they did a wonderful job! Above and beyond! Modern and clean!
2 night business trip May 21, 2015
Kristen
"Not bad but not good"
The room smelled "moist" which indicates to me that there is probably a water leak and/or improper ventilation for the bathroom. The air conditioner was horrible. It would blow cold air for maybe 5 minutes. It was colder outside than inside. I was disappointed at the lack of space. It was a small room with a really large bad. I would have preferred the walking room around the bed as opposed to the extra large tall bed that was overwhelming in the teeny room.
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Good value for Marin County"
This property doesn't offer some of the services you see from a major chain (such as front office being open 24 hours or shuttle service), but it is a good value for Marin County. Right off Highway 101, it's very close to grocery stores and restaurants. Microwave and small refrigerator were in the room. If you decide you don't want to drive to San Francisco, a Golden Gate Transit stop is nearby with free parking. The room was very comfortable and quiet. Could not hear the highway traffic. Would recommend to others.
2 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
"Not good service"
You will be rushed out of there early early am. Upon checking in man asked me what business I had in town, lol get outta here!!!
1 night romance trip May 11, 2015
"How clean was this room?"
I had bed bug bites after my stay... Either were in the rug or comforter. Sheets were wrinkled. Wonder if they were not even changed after last guest.
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
noemi
"Good, Hotel For A Place To Sleep."
Being That Hotel Flanks Freeway We WeRe Lucky To Get A Room Facing Inside Parking Area. Staff Was A Pleasure Especially Deep, Who Checked Us In At The Front Desk. The Room Was Clean And Updated. Forget About The Free breakfast, Not Much To Choose From And The RooM It Was Served In Wasn't Very Inviting. Overall Was A Good Place To Sleep Easy Access Right Off The freeway.
Other trip May 9, 2015
Anne
"Marinwood stay"
Large room, large bathroom. Loved having the kitchen with full size fridge. If I was fixing my meals there, it would have been difficult. No pots, pans, dishwashing soap or paper towels. Missing blackout curtains, too much light in the room through the blinds. So definitely need blackout curtains to stay next time. The people were very loud above us. Sounded like people running across the floor.
1 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
Roxanne
":("
The pictures on hotels.com were NOTHING like the actual room at this hotel. It was a dump. On the plus side- it appears that they are remodeling, so perhaps someday it will be better...
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
"Reserved room, your website said it was 4.1 miles"
Turns out the room was over 14 miles to get from Petluma to Novato! The room had a horrible Smell,Sheets were thin you could see thru them all wrinkly, the towels were not much better, the closet no light, rug could have been cleaned. The person checked us in ... Not friendly, could care less if we checked in, told home about how far we had to drive, no response!
Other trip May 4, 2015
Mar
Room conditions average. Close to many amenities in the area. Affordably priced.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Not happy"
Checked in late. The room was hot. TV did not work. All I wanted is to watch the news. The person in charge tried to fix it. He didn't know how. He didn't care. There were no efforts to make things better. I was at that hotel for less thank four hours. Waste of money. Until today, I am waiting for management to call me back
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
ruben
"You can't check in early and check out is 10am. No"
Not friendly, old, late check in, early check out. There is a best western down the road that I would prefer next time
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
jessica
"BAD HOTEL!!!!!!!"
i went to check in after expedia reservation was made went to check in and he told me he needed to charge second charge of same and I told him no and canceled reservation and he agreed,he was just telling other person before me he had no room and the guy went back to dest after so I would think he rented it, he was sorta rude about my grateful dead shirt the hole time and i made other expedia reservations and checked into other hotel Marin Suits I think,, but this is bad charge and that are rude to me and i don't with to talk to them any more and it cost me $145 and that sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not stay here!!!
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Johnny
"Could of had more breakfast selections,"
the room was very nice and clean, it was also quiet.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Good place to stay!"
Very decent hotel for the price! Had a full kitchen in room! Area was very nice!
1 night business trip Apr 18, 2015
"regular"
I almost always stay here when I'm in the area
1 night business trip Apr 19, 2015
paul
"Good place to stay outside SF"
Small hotel and looks quite modest from the front. Proprietor very nice. Room was fine. Not a luxury hotel by any means but fine place to stay overnight outside the city. A little challenging to find unless you have nav - border 101 but you have to take a side road a short distance
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
"Super nice!"
It wasn't what I expected at all! The room was really nice and worth every penny!
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Our stay in Marin county"
We were very happy with the stay
3 night romance trip Apr 13, 2015
Fred
"Very Nice Hotel"
Really beautiful hotel and very affordable too. Very clean, modern, and friendly staff. I was even surprised that my room had a small kitchen too.
2 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2015
Christopher
"nice for the price"
Easy freeway access to all of Marin County. Comfortable accommodations.
2 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
Very nice remodel. Excellent value. I would recommend this to family and friends.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Roomy hotel in pretty setting"
Stayed in a room with a kitchen. And yes, it has cooking facilities. We are talking thanksgiving dinner. Stand alone large refrigerator and stove. One major drawback, the bed was too hard, but we are seniors who prefer a softer mattress. Breakfast was ample but starchy and sugary, but for what we saved on the room we could go to burger king down the road. We were not crazy about the brand of coffee in the room and were offered only one small pot. Plan on making a coffee run immediately.
stitchin mamma
"Pleasant appearance but noisy."
We were rather disappointed in this hotel. The room was big and comfy, but the walls are extremely thin. We could clearly hear conversations in the rooms on either side of ours. There was also a ton of noise from people running up and down the tiled stairs, and a domestic dispute in the parking lot. Next time we'll try somewhere else for the price.
2 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
"For the price, location, and comfort, I recommend!"
I know that Marinwood Inn & Suites may not get the best reviews but for the price, the location, the comfort, and the overall stay, I would definitely give it a 4 out of 5 stars. I wanted to stay in Novato after celebrating a friend's birthday and not wanting to drive home to San Jose. The check-in was easy and seamless. The room was overall comfortable aside from the wear and tear overtime. I was happy to get a flat screen television and the DISH network. The breakfast was a standard of many items inside packages (bagels, danishes, toast) along with cereal, coffee, tea, etc. I wouldn't mind returning to the place at all. I wonder how the pool was like.
1 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
"Persistence"
Our reservations were not in through expedia. Manager acted as though he wasn't going to give us a room because reservations were not there. We finally asked if they were full and he said no. So I said "So what's the problem then?" I wanted to see the room before we rented it and the Manager kind of balked, but finally gave in. It all worked out in the end, due to our persistence. Manager not overly friendly. I would probably not stay there again as there are other hotels in the area that are comparable or even nicer.
1 night romance trip Feb 24, 2015
"A decent place to spend a night or more."
Nicely remodeled rooms and bathrooms. The rooms have their own door to the outside, with your car parked right in front of your door, so it had a sort of small personal house feel, to it. Water pressure was OK but probably not as strong because it had a giant circular shower head to spread out the water. Nice gentleman that checked me in and out. It's on a frontage road off the highway so easy access and not far from gas, food and some entertainment.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2015
"Great bed, do not eat here!"
The most comfortable bed! This hotel is managed well. I would stay here again but not my first choice. Needs a make-over. Do not eat in the restaurant. Food came out at different times, not toasted at all and was not good.
4 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
Kelsey
"Good nights sleep - inside of room is new"
Great night's sleep. Hotel is older, but "not really". My room was brand new it seemed - new carpet, tile floor, sink, tub/shower/faucet, counters, furniture, bed, linens, pillows, lighting, hair dryer, toilet, alarm clock, big flat screen, microwave, refer and heating/cooling. I didn't hear any noise from other rooms and no street noise. If I had to pick one thing that I didn't like, it would only be that the bath towel was cheap , like very thin and small....this is where this hotel owner needs to re-think what they are providing their guests to use. There were two wash clothes and one hand towel...both of these okay...it was just the bath towel that was beyond terrible.
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2015