All hotels in Oakland Park, Florida, United States of America
5851 N Andrews Ave, Oakland Park, FL, 33309, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

2.9
    2.8
"Not so much..."
It was like an old Motel 6. Would not book there again. It is on the edge of the commercial section but isolated by it self next to a not to great residential area. I asked for the ice machine location. The front desk said because there were ice trays in the full size refrigerator they didn't have an ice maker. The single ice tray in the freezer was empty. 711 is right across the street. Oh thank heavens. BTW paper thin walls.
Response by Extended Stay America-Ft Lauderdale-Cypress Crk-Andrews Ave
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the ice machine is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. We do not fill the ice trays for guests for sanitary and safety reasons. I will share your feedback with upper management so that we can work toward improving our hotel. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night trip Oct 14, 2014
Wing Smoker
"Nice hotel chain but dirty room."
The area was nice and the front desk clerk was very nice. The room was ok but the refrigerator was so dirty I could not use it. And the towels were so dingy I could not use them. I will not stay there again. I feel that I wasted my money staying there.
Response by Extended Stay America-Ft Lauderdale-Cypress Crk-Andrews Ave
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff however, we apologize that your towels and refrigerator were not clean. I discussed your comments with the team, and I will be coaching the housekeepers to make sure these does not happen again . I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
1 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2014
Rene
"Stay Away!!!"
Our home was getting tented for termites so we chose Extended Stay for a 2 day stay because it was very close to our home and well priced. Place is filthy!!! First room we checked into smelled like mildew, the A/C did not work. The second day we moved to a room that smelled like an ash tray. The tub was dirty, the carpet was dirty.
2 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
First time to stay in a hotel with no hair dryer. Breakfast is poor in quantity and quality. First time have such so call breakfast , no milk, no bread, no butter and jam. The hotel staff are not nice at all. You have to take your kitchen utensil from the staff, they watch what you take from the breakfast table, seems they count how many items you take.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"not so nice.. rude staff.."
really bad notgoing there anymore.. their housekeepers comes in without even knocking thats really bad no privacy,,,never again
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
saiful
"Just ok...."
This hotel was just "ok". No pool, room doors next to the road, terrible parking and really basic. Employees helpful though. Perfect for just an "over nighter".
4 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Quineilia
"Skip this one!"
A few different types of hair in the bathroom. Stained and rusty kitchen. Loud location, and yelling outside. Sketchy neighborhood. We ended up leaving an hour or two later, and spending the rest of the weekend at a different hotel.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
"Disgusting"
I felt like the entire hotel was dirty, sheets looked used, unclean, towels and counters had hairs of all colors and sizes. Unclean and filthy to say the least. Oh! And how could I forget the lovely stench of urine in the room!! Had to buy candles and spray to mask the stench!!
3 night business trip Jul 3, 2014
"You Get What You Pay For!!!"
Front dest employees very rude. You ask a question and they acted as if you were bothering them. I thought that was apart of their jobs. Life I said thou get Watt you paid for. Read only they for a night to pick up my step children coming in from the Bahamas for the summer. I asked for two double beds and got a queen, on the web stayed that a roll away bed would be provided if needed, they didn't have one so the kids had to sleep on the floor. Next time I'll pay the high cost and be comfortable.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Arlene Parke
"Great Value"
Location a little wierd but surroundings were nice and seemed safe. Rooms were clean and bed was comfortable. Parking could be away from your room at either end of buildings. I stayed here twice and will go back again if in the area overnight.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
South FL Visitor
the hotel was not the picture that was shown on the website. The bed was very hard to sleep in. But other than that I enjoyed my stay.
3 night trip Apr 17, 2014
"40 dollar hotel if that"
Photos are wrong
1 night business trip Apr 2, 2014
Brandon
First the room had a funny smell when I first walked in. Secondly the carpet was dirty. Third the bathroom had hair in the sink and tub.
1 night trip Apr 1, 2014
"Disappointing!"
I expected a little bit nicer. It was okay, but I would never stay there again. Their staff was unorginized and rude at times. The place was clean, but just not very comfortable.
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
Kathleen
"You get what you pay for."
Unfortunately, looked high and low and passed up other hotels to find a smoking room with a king-sized bed. Settled on this one since it specifically had what I was looking for. Someone dropped the ball, since they don't offer it, despite it's being advertised. If this was the case then I would have liked to be notified, beforehand, not at a 1:00 am check in. Had to argue tap dance to even get a regular room of my preference. Location is okay, area safe, convenience store in proximity, however, the rooms need a serious update. Broken microwave, stained carpets and sticky bathroom and kitchen floors. Day staff was however helpful albeit, slow to respond.
3 night trip Mar 23, 2014
Mobe
only thing i can complain about is that there was an issue with the water while showering,,,,,it was difficult to get it to stay one temperature. It was too cold or too hot....i finally found a way to keep it in balance with some tweaking lol but it was clean, no bugs, kitchen was decent it worked for what we needed it for. Nothing spectacular, but it worked for the weekend.
2 night trip Mar 21, 2014
michelle
"Bugs"
Woke up during the middle of the night with two roaches crawling on my back. Room smelled of insecticide and carry over on my skin when I checked out.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
TK
"Room stunk from the get go. Do go here. Dirty"
The bed pillows had stains. Ugly room. nothing like the pictures on line. Room smelled like oil. Moldy and rusty. When i confronted the front desk, she giggled and said i just work here. Terrible.. Breakfast is a grab and go. One mini muffin and coffee. Yuck....
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Smelly, gross and loud"
When we first walked into the room the smell was so overwhelming like farm animals and stale cigarette smoke. We had a non smoking room. The carpet was so dirty you couldn't walk on it without shoes. There were big dark stains everywhere. There were burn holes in the sheets. There was a hair on the pillows. It was in a very weird location, easy to get to but not a great neighborhood. We had a flight at 5:00 am so we went to bed very early. There were people outside our room talking and the people upstairs were very loud. It was the worst hotel/motel i have ever stayed in.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2014
"good hotel nice stay"
clean quiet
2 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2014
Jay
Horrible. too noisy. next to interstate. bath towels looked dirty. Police seen quite often patrolling area which probably meant crimes committed.
1 night business trip Feb 28, 2014
"chambers cruise trip"
Area seemed a little unsafe and no access to restaurants or even fast food places.
1 night family trip Feb 8, 2014
brenda
"Okay hotel that needs upgrades."
Parking is horrible!!!! Okay stay if you are not going to be at your hotel for long periods of time. Definitely needs major improvements to kitchens, furniture, and bathrooms. Staff are ok too..I don't think I would stay there again.
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
Natalie
"Very Noisy"
The Non Smoking room wreaked of smoke smell. Highway noise was deafening. No hair dryer available even from the office. Bed linens were stained. Not a good stay........
2 night trip Jan 8, 2014
"My experience at Extended stay"
It was horrible ..... The room smelled, it was filthy dirty. Bad stains all over the carpet especially at the end of the bed that I had and it was righ as you walked in the door of the room. It looked like someone had a dog and it peeded righ there. there was black dirt in the corners of the bathroom. nothing to hold onto stepping into the shower. We killed a few roaches in the kitchen area. I will never stay at another extended stay ever again
4 night trip Dec 26, 2013
"Hotel not in the best of areas"
Wouldn't recommend this for a single woman. Dubious activity around the hotel. Safety appeared marginal. Asked to be moved to another facility that felt safer.
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
Maggie
"Extended Stay St. Andrews"
There were burn marks all over the room. This was supposed to be a non-smoking... I guess someone disregarded that. There were also burn marks in the carpet. The bathtub was not cleaned on the outside. I had to clean it myself. I have had such good experience with Expedia in the past that I was expecting the same as in the past. I have always been given properties that far exceeded my expectations. Always priced below what even my companies corporate rates are for any property. But this time... not so much. I would not stay at an Extended stay property again. It was functional... but that was about it. The staff however was helpful and friendly. Housekeeping I would say needs a refresher course. I would give it 2 stars. This is a very blue collar property and ideal for long term construction personnel.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
Sherrie
"Not what we expected"
Bad area, right by busy highway. Limited parking spaces, smells old and non smoking rooms stink tabacco. Looks great on website but not so nice in real life. :((
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
"Not pleased"
Would've been better staying at motel 6
3 night business trip Dec 27, 2013
"Good place to stay."
They need hair dryers in the rooms.
Other trip Dec 24, 2013
Ger
"OK for in a pinch and travelling with dogs"
Older building and the surrounding area is not very good. But, the dogs didn't mind and we were close to our ultimate destination.
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
PRH
"Not worth for money I paid"
Room was okish. Not near to airport at all.. Costly compared to other hotels, just for the brand name I went there. No shampoo in bathroom, no lotion, even after I asked them, they said no. It was not breakfast at all. just coffee... Very poor overall...
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
"Pass on this one! Not your average Extended Stay!"
Hotel staff greeted me upon check in with good attitude. She made me aware there is no housekeeping service. I didn't mind as my stay was for only 3 days. I am one to re-use my towels anyways. Not to mention I'd rather have privacy as you never know what time housekeeping will show up to clean your room. This hotel sits alongside of I-95. LITERALLY!!! All you hear is traffic noise, period. ALL DAY, ALL NIGHT!!! I did not get one good night's sleep. Afterall, that was the purpose of my visit, to relax. I have stayed at many Extended Stay Hotels prior this visit. All of them designed the same with indoor corridors. This location seemed to be an older Comfort Inn bought by Extended Stay. I would not recommend! :( :(
3 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2013
K S
"Convenient"
Adequate,convenient. Takes pets a big plus
1 night trip Nov 25, 2013
Excelent
4 night business trip Nov 20, 2013
Jennifer Cardona
"Not my first choice"
I thought it look nice online when I booked it. But what they don't tell you is that it's right next to I95 and you can here the cars on the express way from inside your room. The room would have been better if I didn't find urine on the toilet and stained sheets. When I asked for house keeping to clean the room they said sure, but no one came to clean! So we where not happy with that to say the least. Overall the hotel was not bad just not better than the days inn. When you book cheap, you get cheap.
2 night business trip Nov 9, 2013
Virgilii
"Like having a studio apartament"
PROS : Super pleasantly suprised !!! Great rooms , clean , modern upgrades and with full kitchen and full size fridge all for 80-90 $ Can that really be beat . There is a 7-11 across the street thats open 24 hours which i found convienent . CONS: If your room is on the sode of the HWY it can be a little noisy . And lastly I didnt like seeing people hanging around out side drinking that was a little
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2013
G
"Did not like my stay...I couldn't wait to leave"
I wanted to leave the moment I got there..the pillow cases was dirty, the cover on the bed not very comfortable plus the bed wasn't a queen size likevi expected..towels dirty..ugh
Response by Extended Stay America-Ft Lauderdale-Cypress Crk-Andrews Ave
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that the quality of the linens was not up to your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am making sure all linens undergo a stain removal treatment as soon as possible. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Breakfast could have been better advertised
2 night business trip Sep 27, 2013
"hotel good location isle casino and mall"
Bad expirians for the price no good in this condition less 40, the room bad odor
Response by Extended Stay America-Ft Lauderdale-Cypress Crk-Andrews Ave
Carlos - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your room did not meet your expectations and that is had a slight odor. To prevent this from happening again, I will be working with our housekeeping staff on improving our cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward. Still, I am glad that you liked the in-room kitchen, especially refrigerator. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing up this concern to my attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Sep 11, 2013
Carlos
when i got to the hotel to check in, my reservation for a King size Room wasnt able to be filled and they had to put me in a queen size room.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2013
The bed felt like rocks there was a big stain on the rugs the floor was sticky. The furniture is beat up and the sheets were not fully clean.Guest Service Rep was good and helpful.
1 night business trip Aug 10, 2013
Tony
"It's not the same!"
I stayed at the location before, and a lot has changed since. First, I was checked into a room that was not cleaned (very insulting!!). Then, there were just too many dogs running around on the property. One guy had three dogs, and none of them had a least on. The corridors and stair cases are littered with cigarette buts and ash (distasteful!). Things have really changed!
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2013
"Good Hotel For the Money"
The hotel is located off a side road next to the interstate. The hotel in it self is older, but the room seemed renovated in the past couple of years. I reserved a King Suite, but when I arrived they didn't have any available. I was given a choice between 2 doubles or a Queen. The room was clean and smelled fresh. Bed was semi comfortable and since it does back up to the highway, it was a noisy night. Also, parking is very limited, there was only 2 spots in the front and the rest are in the back. Its not the best neighborhood, but it was well lighted. Its a budget hotel at a budget price. I would most likely stay again. Also breakfast is "grab and go" muffins, granola bars and coffee.
Other trip Aug 2, 2013
"WOW"
The extended stay brand was displayed here but it was not at all the what I expected its like they just slapped on the Extended Stay America brand in front of a broke down motel 6. I was in complete shock it smelled horrible the towels were dirty it was not clean and I could hear everything going on in the next room and it was so loud outside. Just horrible never again!!
Response by Extended Stay America-Ft Lauderdale-Cypress Crk-Andrews Ave
Mike - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that we didn't exceed your expectations. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am going to work closer with our housekeeping staff to make sure our rooms and towels are thoroughly cleaned. Our goal will be to improve our cleaning and inspection procedures so these issues are not repeated in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2013
"this is the last time im staying here"
i stayed here quite a few times because of the price, but everytime the service was subpar at best. this time took the cake. i was in my room for a night then the chain on the toilet broke so we couldnt flush the toilet, the tub had a leak, and one of the burners didnt work. there was no plate in the microwave. after speaking to the front desk we were able to move, we checked out of the room but had to wait until a room was cleaned to switch. while waiting one of the workers bust into the room w/o knocking because his paper said the room was vacant. when our room was cleaned we went to it and it was dirty. they sent us to the wrong room. after settling into the new clean room the same worker knocked on the door then came in before i could open it because his paper said this room was vacant. all the girl at the front desk could do was smile like this was funny to her. well they wont get anymore of my money and neither will extended stay. another location we went to had poor front desk customer service.
2 night family trip May 24, 2013
trakeya
A little scary with the surroundings
2 night trip May 24, 2013
"nasty and scary"
Dump.
Other trip May 27, 2013
LJ
"Friend recommended...fit my needs and expectations"
Got Lost in Ft. Lauderdale..checked into a different hotel, which was very uncomfortable and in a bad sections of town. Got re-booked into Extended Stay of America. SO HAPPY More than I expected. Service was wonderful and friendly...clean met all my needs ..and then some. Thank you.
2 night trip May 17, 2013
"Just what I need."
Just want a clean room with good shower, refrigerator and microwave. This place has it. A/C is nice and cold. Need another blanket available in room. The microwave is adequate, but small. Would like to see a larger one.
1 night business trip May 16, 2013