All hotels in Oakland Park, Florida, United States of America
5851 N Andrews Ave, Oakland Park, FL, 33309, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

2.8
    2.8
    2.7
    2.7
"Right off interstate so very loud"
Lady at front desk was very nice. However our room was not that great. Our bathroom door would not close completely and the door to our room did not feel secure and you could hear the air coming through the door.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Room has moldy smell and they are only cleaning room once a week.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Overnight Stay"
Just a quick overnight sleep but was still hoping for a little more. The beds were really uncomfortable. After returning from dinner there were 4 Sherriff cars driving around in the parking lot. Made us nervous for sure! Right by the interstate so had lots of road noise with the doors opening right to the parking lot.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Eklowas
"reveiw"
Room had kitchen which wa crawling with bugs.
1 night business trip Jan 24, 2015
"Roof repairs made for noisy stay"
They were replacing the roof right above our room and the noisy equipment was right outside. We should have been told this when we made the reservation! They had a sign posted at the front door when we checked in but at that point it is too late.
1 night romance trip Jan 14, 2015
Judith
"Off my list"
Many roaches, room dirty, hotel not in good condition
5 night business trip Jan 18, 2015
Did not feel safe in parking lot. Chewing gum stuck in carpet, etc.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
"reimburse"
I spent only one night with my family in this poor hotel with bad room bad clean and ugly area then I arranged another hotel in this website at la quinta plantation area Please. I want the reimburse for 4 nights I am waiting the position
5 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
Adriano
"OK for what it was..."
I realize this is a "budget" priced hotel but the room could have seemed nicer with lighter paint on the walls and curtains that didn't droop. The carpet was scary...it may have been clean but it didn't look clean! The staff was very helpful and nice.
Response by Extended Stay America-Ft Lauderdale-Cypress Crk-Andrews Ave
Marilyn - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that the carpet did not look clean. I met with our staff, and we will clean the carpet more often to ensure that this situation is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 night business trip Jan 10, 2015
Marilyn
"work related"
convenience to work.
Response by Extended Stay America-Ft Lauderdale-Cypress Crk-Andrews Ave
Emmit - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that our location was convenient to your travel needs. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
3 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
emmit
"Nice enough"
Clean as are other Extended Stay's we've been at. There appears to be a staff shortage as getting maid service was impossible and delays checking in as well.
Response by Extended Stay America-Ft Lauderdale-Cypress Crk-Andrews Ave
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that there was a delay at check-in. To uphold our company's high standards, we will make sure that rooms are ready on time moving forward. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"pretty bad"
Pretty bad for the price.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Roshan
"A scary night in this hotel."
It was a trip in Fort Laudedale. When we get there, there is no one in the lobby. And there are a few strange men hanging outside. At least we should be informed about the business hour of lobby.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
Jin
"large building easy parking car"
good for stay, breakfirst was really simple.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
Long
"need upgrading"
staff was ok and friendly however the surroundings need upgrading,cleaning and modifying.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
joe
"GREAT PLACE"
Great hotel, Had a little issue with the flush of the toilet, that despite it was fixed, WAS DUE TO MY INSISTENT DEMANDS to the staff. The rest was great. Breakfast very scarce.
Response by Extended Stay America-Ft Lauderdale-Cypress Crk-Andrews Ave
Luis - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our hotel; however, we apologize that you experienced issues with your toilet. To prevent this from happening again, my team is going to make sure that everything works properly in each room prior to check-in. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Luis
"Needs better help"
The area is cozy, it a very nice neighborhood... The only problem I had was with the toilet being stopped up when I got in my room... I don't know if they knew it or not, but the very first flush the water came up... I called to complain about the problem and they told me to come to the office and get a plunger... I HAD TO PLUNGE MYSELF... "WOW"!!!
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
sherry
"disapointed"
i requested non-smoking room but it turns out that even the non-smoking rooms were highly scented with cigarette smoke.no room service available unless you request it and pay $10.00.you basically clean the room yourself.you also have to ask for all of the room amenities such as towels,cooking utensils,toilet tissue,soap and plunger to clear your own toilet.breakfast is literally grab-and-go service.coffee and muffin or oatmeal in the packet with apple or orange.only one elevator so be sure to stay close to the lobby area if you have to stay on 2nd or 3rd floor.the bed was uncomfortable(very hard).it seems like tenants also live here so get used to persons hanging out and late night noises.only saving graces are that the staff were friendly and the location.if you only need a place to rest for a night then this wioll do otherwise keep going.i could not wait for mornings to come so thyat we could leave the property.highway noise was also a displeasure.
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
peter
"Worst hotel ever!"
I stayed at this travesty of a hotel November 15th through 18th. It was the worst experience ever. I booked a non smoking room, the smoke greeted my family and I before we opened the door. When one of us tried to use the bathroom, the toilet was out of order. We expressed our displeasure and asked to move to another room. We were told that they were booked. We asked for our money back, they refused. We had to endure two nights without adequate bathroom facilities and endure the deplorable state of the room and it's smokey scent. NEVER AGAIN!!!
"Pleasant stay"
3-night stopover after a cruise met our needs, especially laundry. Hotel staff (Gianni, et al) very helpful and pleasant. On I-95 with convenient suburban shopping (Walmart+) closeby (2 mi). Mini-mart right across street. Other guests seemed loud & selfish. 3 miles from beach. Upholstry & carpet need cleaning.
Response by Extended Stay America-Ft Lauderdale-Cypress Crk-Andrews Ave
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. After reviewing your recent review, we are so glad that the location was in the right place for your travel needs. We value your feedback and are very excited that our team was able to provide you with great service. Still, the situation you described regarding the other guests is truly regrettable and we truly apologize for your experience with this. Please know that I will be working with my staff to better monitor noise issues at our hotel to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night trip with friends Nov 15, 2014
VIRGINIA
"Decent hotel, nice, clean room, and priced right"
It would be helpful if, at checkin, the hotel desk would alert you there are no cups, bowls or utensils in the room. As an Extended Stay location, I assumed there would be so i could make a cup of tea and bowl of instant soup. When I realized I had to call for those items, I was already in pajamas, so I didn't bother.
Response by Extended Stay America-Ft Lauderdale-Cypress Crk-Andrews Ave
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am so disappointed that the hotel desk did not inform you about our customized kitchen policy. Please accept my apology. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have met with the front desk staff to ensure that we are properly informing guests of this at check-in. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
"DONT STAY AT THIS DUMP"
This place was a DUMP. Room was dirty, toothpaste on door from previous guest. No blanket on bed asked for blanket and it had about 30 cigarette burns on it. Will NEVER stay again.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"Don't stay here"
Don't stay here. Bad neighborhood. Small rooms. Front desk tried to charge for days i was not there.
8 night family trip Oct 28, 2014
"Great Stay, Great Price!"
Clean hotel, with mini kitchen. Quiet area.
Response by Extended Stay America-Ft Lauderdale-Cypress Crk-Andrews Ave
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are proud to have provided you with a clean and convenient room at a good price. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
"Not so much..."
It was like an old Motel 6. Would not book there again. It is on the edge of the commercial section but isolated by it self next to a not to great residential area. I asked for the ice machine location. The front desk said because there were ice trays in the full size refrigerator they didn't have an ice maker. The single ice tray in the freezer was empty. 711 is right across the street. Oh thank heavens. BTW paper thin walls.
Response by Extended Stay America-Ft Lauderdale-Cypress Crk-Andrews Ave
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the ice machine is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. We do not fill the ice trays for guests for sanitary and safety reasons. I will share your feedback with upper management so that we can work toward improving our hotel. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night trip Oct 14, 2014
Wing Smoker
"Nice hotel chain but dirty room."
The area was nice and the front desk clerk was very nice. The room was ok but the refrigerator was so dirty I could not use it. And the towels were so dingy I could not use them. I will not stay there again. I feel that I wasted my money staying there.
Response by Extended Stay America-Ft Lauderdale-Cypress Crk-Andrews Ave
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff however, we apologize that your towels and refrigerator were not clean. I discussed your comments with the team, and I will be coaching the housekeepers to make sure these does not happen again . I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
1 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2014
Rene
"Stay Away!!!"
Our home was getting tented for termites so we chose Extended Stay for a 2 day stay because it was very close to our home and well priced. Place is filthy!!! First room we checked into smelled like mildew, the A/C did not work. The second day we moved to a room that smelled like an ash tray. The tub was dirty, the carpet was dirty.
2 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
First time to stay in a hotel with no hair dryer. Breakfast is poor in quantity and quality. First time have such so call breakfast , no milk, no bread, no butter and jam. The hotel staff are not nice at all. You have to take your kitchen utensil from the staff, they watch what you take from the breakfast table, seems they count how many items you take.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"not so nice.. rude staff.."
really bad notgoing there anymore.. their housekeepers comes in without even knocking thats really bad no privacy,,,never again
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
saiful
"Nightmare"
People walking all around even during the night. Very scary, I think drugs are being sold there. I need a refund, My wife and I were scared the whole time.Never will I stay at that one again. We previously stayed at attended Stay on S.R. 84, no problems.
3 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
E. Wims
"Just ok...."
This hotel was just "ok". No pool, room doors next to the road, terrible parking and really basic. Employees helpful though. Perfect for just an "over nighter".
4 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Quineilia
"Skip this one!"
A few different types of hair in the bathroom. Stained and rusty kitchen. Loud location, and yelling outside. Sketchy neighborhood. We ended up leaving an hour or two later, and spending the rest of the weekend at a different hotel.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
"Disgusting"
I felt like the entire hotel was dirty, sheets looked used, unclean, towels and counters had hairs of all colors and sizes. Unclean and filthy to say the least. Oh! And how could I forget the lovely stench of urine in the room!! Had to buy candles and spray to mask the stench!!
3 night business trip Jul 3, 2014
"You Get What You Pay For!!!"
Front dest employees very rude. You ask a question and they acted as if you were bothering them. I thought that was apart of their jobs. Life I said thou get Watt you paid for. Read only they for a night to pick up my step children coming in from the Bahamas for the summer. I asked for two double beds and got a queen, on the web stayed that a roll away bed would be provided if needed, they didn't have one so the kids had to sleep on the floor. Next time I'll pay the high cost and be comfortable.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Arlene Parke
"Cockroaches-Disgusting"
I have never experienced such an awful hotel. There were cockroaches in the room that I had to kill. The hotel staff did not care. I even showed them several that I had killed. They simply said, "Thank you. You can throw that away now." I was able to get a partial refund and moved to another hotel. This was the worst hotel experience ever.
3 night trip Jun 18, 2014
"Great Value"
Location a little wierd but surroundings were nice and seemed safe. Rooms were clean and bed was comfortable. Parking could be away from your room at either end of buildings. I stayed here twice and will go back again if in the area overnight.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
South FL Visitor
"Cheap with roaches"
The room was find except for the roaches.quiet neighbourhood.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
nikki
the hotel was not the picture that was shown on the website. The bed was very hard to sleep in. But other than that I enjoyed my stay.
3 night trip Apr 17, 2014
"one word"
ROACHES!!!!!
3 night trip Apr 15, 2014
"This was the worst place I ever stayed in."
I would never return to this hotel because the kitchen was not clean. I had to kill cockroaches. The noise level was bad, even at 2AM..... there were people loudly cursing outside my door for a very long time. Those are the main complaints. The minor complaints are that there were no hangers for my clothing and the hotel location was not a good location for me. Etc.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Audrey
"40 dollar hotel if that"
Photos are wrong
1 night business trip Apr 2, 2014
Brandon
First the room had a funny smell when I first walked in. Secondly the carpet was dirty. Third the bathroom had hair in the sink and tub.
1 night trip Apr 1, 2014
"Nightmare"
Hey I'm still waiting for my refund from the worst experience in my life!!!
1 night business trip Mar 28, 2014
Craig
"Disappointing!"
I expected a little bit nicer. It was okay, but I would never stay there again. Their staff was unorginized and rude at times. The place was clean, but just not very comfortable.
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
Kathleen
"You get what you pay for."
Unfortunately, looked high and low and passed up other hotels to find a smoking room with a king-sized bed. Settled on this one since it specifically had what I was looking for. Someone dropped the ball, since they don't offer it, despite it's being advertised. If this was the case then I would have liked to be notified, beforehand, not at a 1:00 am check in. Had to argue tap dance to even get a regular room of my preference. Location is okay, area safe, convenience store in proximity, however, the rooms need a serious update. Broken microwave, stained carpets and sticky bathroom and kitchen floors. Day staff was however helpful albeit, slow to respond.
3 night trip Mar 23, 2014
Mobe
only thing i can complain about is that there was an issue with the water while showering,,,,,it was difficult to get it to stay one temperature. It was too cold or too hot....i finally found a way to keep it in balance with some tweaking lol but it was clean, no bugs, kitchen was decent it worked for what we needed it for. Nothing spectacular, but it worked for the weekend.
2 night trip Mar 21, 2014
michelle
"Bugs"
Woke up during the middle of the night with two roaches crawling on my back. Room smelled of insecticide and carry over on my skin when I checked out.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
TK
"Room stunk from the get go. Do go here. Dirty"
The bed pillows had stains. Ugly room. nothing like the pictures on line. Room smelled like oil. Moldy and rusty. When i confronted the front desk, she giggled and said i just work here. Terrible.. Breakfast is a grab and go. One mini muffin and coffee. Yuck....
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Smelly, gross and loud"
When we first walked into the room the smell was so overwhelming like farm animals and stale cigarette smoke. We had a non smoking room. The carpet was so dirty you couldn't walk on it without shoes. There were big dark stains everywhere. There were burn holes in the sheets. There was a hair on the pillows. It was in a very weird location, easy to get to but not a great neighborhood. We had a flight at 5:00 am so we went to bed very early. There were people outside our room talking and the people upstairs were very loud. It was the worst hotel/motel i have ever stayed in.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2014