All hotels in La Jolla, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1110 Prospect St, La Jolla, CA, 92037, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice Place, convenient."
Nice place, conveniently located in La Jolla, easy walk to the beach and restaurants. Room was clean although a bit small. I would stay again.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Joel
"Location is great. That is all though."
Terrible place overall. Only thing good was location.
Other trip May 6, 2014
"Location is great. That is all though."
Terrible place overall. Only thing good was location.
Other trip May 6, 2014
"Downtown near the beach"
Everything within our reach- shopping, food, church, beach& UCSD
Other trip May 4, 2014
UCSD mom
"Cozy hotel minutes from every attraction"
I stayed in a village level room, clean and comfortable. I could see the ocean as soon as outside the room. 4 mins walking from la jolla cove, sunny Jim cave, all the best restaurant in la jolla ( George's eddies v ... ) I would absolutely recommend it!!!!
Other trip May 3, 2014
Valeria
"Cheap and you can tell"
Didn't make up my room one of the nights. Thin walls. "Ocean views" yea you can see the ocean but it's more a view of parked cars buildings and a little bit of ocean in the distance.
Other trip May 2, 2014
travel
"Close to the beach"
Tap water smelled sulphurous. Loud machine sound at night made sleeping difficult.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"La Jolla was great - but won't stay here again"
The area was great but too much noise from the busy street and the very loud music from the bands that played at the restaurant The location was great - the room was run down - staff not that welcoming.
4 night business trip Apr 3, 2014
Liz Reyes
"Good location , nice view ."
I am a client of this hotel , therefore, I as came back.
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
"Missing headphones"
I left behind in the room a pair of nice headphones. I emailed the hotel to ask if they could mail them back to me. Although the front desk staff was responsive to my emil, the cleaning staff said they didn't find any headphones in the room. So there's that.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
"Perfect location!"
Wanted to be in this area and the hotel next door was more than double the price. Took a chance despite some bad reviews. Happy I did.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
laurieellerbe
"Amazing location for great price!"
I was a little hesitant to book our room here because of the negative reviews. However, I'm really glad I did! If you are looking for a fancy 5 star hotel, this is not for you. But the room is clean, comfortable, and in an incredible location! Our room had a balcony overlooking the ocean! I was charged exactly what I agreed to, and the service was fine. There is no continental breakfast, but there are plenty of great places to eat in the area. The walls are pretty thin, but it didn't bother us too much. Simple, smaller rooms... but incredible location and MUCH cheaper than anything that is comparable.
2 night romance trip Mar 19, 2014
Lauren Scharnweber
"Family trip to SD"
Wonderful!!!!
1 night trip Mar 18, 2014
Sue
"It's cheap for la holla"
Can't beat the price in la jolla. It's not that nice but it's right where you want to be.
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
"NO HOT WATER or shower water pressure"
PROS: The room I was in looked like it had been recently renovated, the bathroom had definitely been remodeled. The bed was comfortable. The staff were friendly and the location is right in the middle of things. CONS: I checked in 3/15/2014 in the evening and checked out 3/17/2014 in the morning. The hotel knew they didn't have hot water and weren't telling guests who were checking in and made no arrangements otherwise. I found out Sunday morning when I was getting ready for an ALL DAY business retreat that I had no hot water and no water pressure in the shower. The same was true for at least two other people attending the meeting. The plumber was not brought in until MONDAY morning. I saw the van and it said that the company was available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Seems like the hotel would have brought somebody in immediately to fix the problem as a cost of doing business and customer service. They seemed more concerned about the plumber charging on an hourly basis than getting it fixed when I was in the office. No concessions were made to guests.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
Yvonne
"LaJollaInn"
For the price & location, La Jolla Inn can't be beaten. Staff is really friendly & helpful, too. Unfortunately, carpets REALLY need to be shampoo'd (not just vacuumed), room had old/musty smell, hot water @ bathroom sink never even got warm, coffee maker leaked... You get the idea.
7 night trip Mar 8, 2014
"Like the location right by all the shops & beach"
Stay away from room #2. There is a convinance store right above the room and you can hear everything all night long and all morning long it was horrible. Other than that room was clean very easy to get in and out no problems.
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
leo
"Nice hotel close to restaurants. Shopping and beac"
Nice clean comfortable room. But the walls are very thin we could hear people next to us talking and my boyfriend had to knock on the guys door next to us to turn his tv down. It was like we were all in the same room. I won't be staying again.
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
"WE HAD THE BEST ROOM AND VIEW TO BEACH .."
NIGHT AND MORNING RECEPTIONISTS NEED TO BE MORE COURTEOUS AND FRIENDLY.. HOTEL NEEDS CLEAN FRESH NEW LOOKING BATH TOWELS. THE ONE THAT WERE IN ROOM LOOKED SOIL AND OLD...
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
ROSE
"La jolla inn"
Advertised to have breakfast. That was no longer an option upon our arrival. Plus we had to pay for parking...also not stated when booking this hotel.
Other trip Mar 12, 2014
"Upcharged!!!!"
Booked wrong date by 1 day and they told me I would not be accommodated for same price and that I would have to pay an additional $55.00 As is typical with 3rd party booking engines you are always relegated to second class treatment. Its to bad because I work with a company that needs several rooms a week. The La Jolla Inn will NEVER get a referral. Why is it so hard to just make a customer happy. Like pulling teeth these days.Tom Boldt
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2014
Tommy B
"Fair hotel"
Staff unfriendly. Very small room. Towels not clean.
Other trip Feb 27, 2014
I used to send clients there 10 years ago but found hotel to be quite seedy now!
1 night business trip Feb 22, 2014
Richard Barrett
"small room , but ok"
the room was ok . kind of small , but not too bad , location is fantastic if you visit the city , you can walk to the beach so easy ,
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2014
gadi
"nice stay in la jolla"
Was just perfect. We enjoyed an early morning walk. Staff was very helpful.
1 night trip Feb 10, 2014
S.T
"Worst hotel experience ever!"
Aside from being fortunate enough to have a great location, the La Jolla Inn offers little else. Simply offering close proximity to the beach does not even come close to overshadowing the poor service we received at this hotel. After spending the day at the farmers insurance open golf tournament we returned to the hotel late at night to find the vent above our shower point water out of it. I completely understand that things happen so I called the front desk to file the complaint. The girl said due to the time of day there was nothing she could do about it but she could relocate us to another room if we would like. We declined that offer because it was so late at night and we had already unpacked earlier in the day. I mentioned to her that I felt some compensation was in order because this is not the type of room I was promised in addition to the fact that the breakfast that was included was revoked the day before we left for our trip. The girl explained that she did not have any authority to do anything like that but to call back at 6 AM the next morning and talk to management. I woke up probably at 6 AM so that I did not let the matter go too long and called the front desk. Much to my surprise I was greeted by a very abrasive and borderline rude manager. When I asked if she was aware of the situation in our room she very sarcastically asked if I meant the water dripping from the ceiling. Trust me, there was nothing dripping about it, it was flat out pouring into our tub. Regardless of that, even water dripping is unacceptable. Once again, I'm completely understanding that things do happen, but you pay a certain dollar amount of a guaranteed product and if you receive less you should pay less. When I asked her if she would be able to compensate us in any fashion, she said that because we did not take the offer for a new room the night before that it was our choice to stay! First off, as I mentioned, it was late. Second, the girl who was working that night TOLD u
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
"Charming and convenient"
This is our 3rd stay in the La Jolla Inn. We love the convenience of being able to walk to resturants, shopping, and the beach. The Inn is charming and the staff are very accommodating. We will definitely return.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
Location was the best staff was very friendly and accommodating will be back
2 night romance trip Jan 24, 2014
Curt
"small, simple, but great location"
Right next door to the elegant La Valencia, this little boutique hotel offers tiny rooms, but has a great location in the heart of La Jolla Village and just up the street from the harbor seals and sea lions in La Jolla Cove. The over-priced snack foods scattered around the room were a tacky touch, but other than that this is a pleasant and affordable way to stay in the most interesting part of La Jolla...
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
Greg
"Tired, tatty hotel"
They didn't have a record of our Expedia, fully paid reservation on arrival. Charmless person on desk. Room supposedly had ocean view...yes if you craned your neck. Noisy traffic all night. Room very tired.
Other trip Jan 25, 2014
michael
"Great romantic weekend spot!"
Loved La Jolla Inn. We had a tiny balcony where we could see the ocean and the sunset deck was gorgeous! You are within walking distance from plenty of restaurants and bars. This was an awesome spot! They had freshly baked cookies upon arrival too!
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2014
"Very close to main street in La Jolla & beach!"
It was awesome! Older hotel but very clean, and updated. So convenient to La Jolla Cove and all the shops and restaurants! Doesn't get any better than this, great value and a beautiful view of the beach.
2 night trip Dec 31, 2013
Newly Wed on New Years Eve!
"Excellent time"
Enjoyed our 1 night stay. Great location, front desk freindly and helpful, enjoyed simple free continential breakfast. Would recommend given price and location.
1 night trip Dec 29, 2013
Room very small and old
1 night trip Dec 3, 2013
Eddie
This hotel has great location right next to la jolla cove and several great near by resturants. However this hotel is so old. Just not really a nice looking hotel to be staying in while in California for a vacation. Your paying for the location. We could hear the neighbor next door snoring ever single night and the guest upstairs all the time.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
Enjoyed the balcony that came with the room. This Hotel is good value and convenient to the waterfront and village.
1 night trip Nov 14, 2013
"Cozzzzy!"
Great view, super friendly staff!
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
We will definitely stay there again. It was very nice and the staff was nice. Great breakfast included.
3 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"Nice little hotel"
This is a nice small hotel. The room was very small but adequate. You can't beat the location. Staff was great. You have to park a few blocks away but it's only $6.00. If you want to be in the center of La Jolla and not spend a fortune on a room this is a good choice.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
"A very nice hotel close to both beach and downtown"
I would definitely go back. Get a upper room with balcony.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
"superb location"
Great beachfront location. Tough on cars, though, because there's no parking lot, and the neighborhood is very, very popular (deservedly so). Rooms are small, but the hotel service was very good.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2013
Joe P
"Adequate and convenient"
Easy location near the water in La Jolla Village. Kind of weird over abundance of shockingly priced items to buy in the room. Example: sample sized toothpaste: $5.00. It made me practically afraid to touch the small amenities. I expected the tissue box to be marked at $0.50 each.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Disappointing but close to beach"
Room was teeny! Musty old smell and towels were Like sand paper. The room faces a noisy busy Street but with the slider closed, it was quiet. Just very Disappointed overall. Staff was busy chatting w/friends or Texting! We "upgraded" to ocean view... Not exactly What one thinks of....
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
laurie
"Sweet location near the beach"
Parking can be a challenge. Also they charged me for using a tooth brush in the room that I actually bought in another store.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
"great location"
it was a great respite- the weather was hot and humid -it had fine air conditioning-will book again
1 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"the room was way to small for $200.00 ocean view"
I had such a disappointing stay here. You need to walk 2 blocks down to park your own car, there is NO elevator so your have to carry your own luggage up the stairs and we had a stroller to top it off. The room we paid extra for an ocean view $200.00 a night was probably 20X24 and the balcony was about 8x4 two people barely fit! we ordered continental breakfast room service at 7:00 am and was not delivered till 8:00 am, how difficult is it to bring coffle and a bagel? the front office had no newspaper, it was gone by 9:00, already it started me off to a bad day!! we just got dressed and decided to eat at the local restaurants', this place is over priced and extremely small!!
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
Veronica
"Bargain with Ocean View"
The La Jolla Inn is at the very center of downtown La Jolla, with ocean view decks on the rooms. Every hotel in La Jolla is expensive, naturally, but this is a great deal. Can't beat the location. Fantastic staff, and I mean FANTASTIC--the housekeeper, Linda, found my lost iPad for me. The free continental breakfast with complimentary room service is a huge treat. When you make a reservation, ask to see if you can get a room with a kitchenette--those rooms are quite a bit more comfy. Even without the kitchenette, the rooms are very nice though, very like a European B & B.. If you are completely allergic to noise, it is central downtown, so the weekend nights in summertime get just a bit noisy from the popular restaurant across the street. Didn't bother us at all though. Will definitely stay here again!
2 night romance trip Aug 16, 2013
Erica
"Nice hotel."
The hotel is nice. It's is older hotel but clean. It's is very centrally located in heart of action. Rooms are small.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
cg
"Lots of character!"
Our stay was very nice! The location is amazing and the views are wonderful. The rooms are a little small and the beds are not the most comfortable. Overall, it's a great place to stay!
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2013
HB
"Great location, service lacking, not worth price"
This hotel is in a great location, but for the price, the tv was old and didn't work. Of course, we didn't discover this until we came back at 0200 from being at a club across the street, so we didn't tell them until checkout, and the lady was barely apologetic, and said we should have told them right away so they could repair it, therefore, there was nothing they could do (as far as taking anything off the bill). She said we would need to contact Expedia. I doubt they would have sent a tv repairman to our room in the middle of the night lol. Also, the continental breakfast had to be ordered, instead of self- serve, and they got it partially wrong twice. The coffee carafes were empty, and the parking was over two blocks away. There was no one to help us with our bags. It just seemed like for the price, the service should have been a bit better... I left thinking, "we should have stayed at my house (also in San Diego) for free."
Other trip Aug 12, 2013