All hotels in La Jolla, California, United States of America
1110 Prospect St, La Jolla, CA, 92037, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Not the place for everyone"
We wanted a little comfort near the water, but what we got was not what we hoped for. When we arrived to the inn we were not able to park in the front to check in due to a delivery truck in the only not red part of the curb on the main street. We ended up having to cart our luggage from the parking garage that was a few blocks away to the room. The hotel staff is hit and miss depending on the time of day and we learned very quickly that there is no management on location to handle any issues. The staff has to email them and wait for a response to which we never heard back from. There is no elevator in the inn for those of you that have a lot of luggage, elderly, or have knee issues and you have to walk down to the first floor to the outside set of stairs to access the stairs to the roof deck. The first room that we were in did not have a working AC and there were no screens on the windows. The bed was nothing more than a basic spring mattress that did not support and left us sore the next day. The rooms are small with small closets. The bathrooms are the only thing that are somewhat updated and somehow they forgot to update the toilet to a normal size one. On the third floor is the two suites and the roof deck. Which we feel is the best and only good feature to this inn. We spent the nights up on the deck watching the sun set over the ocean with a bottle of wine. If you are looking for a basic room near the water with a good view, then this might be the place for you.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Location, location, location!"
A charming property close to the beach. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and maintained adequately. Free Wi-Fi and works most of the time. Very close to shops, restaurants and cultural venues. You are walking distance to a lot of places. Two things to think about when booking however: 1) The hotel parking is two (2) away and number 2) The noise level is not the optimum if you require rest or sleep! Parties lasts til about 1:30am on weekdays.Counter productive if you are working. However... overall, this is a place with personality and attitude that if you have even a slight sense of humor and adventure: This will be a favorite and it's not overpriced!
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Anacleto
"Worth the price"
For the price it's nice. Older place in the middle of party town.
4 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
"None"
Terrible if you want to do the review for go ahead
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
fastfred
"Boxed In"
I was on two ocean cruises last year with my wife and I could of put two of my room we recieved at the La Jolla Inn into one of the cruise ship rooms and they were standard room.we had on the ship. Having to walk 2.5 blocks from parkink garage was a very unpleasant surprize especially if you forgot something in the car and had to go back to garage to retrieve an item which happen to me. the convaluted stairs was another experience ,especieally when you are an older person and my wife has to use a cane to walk The roll in shower that was requested and were told our room had was a steup wall walk in shower .There was a Best Western right across the street you could of told me about.!
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
fastfred
"Good location."
No parking at the hotel.Small rooms and not upgraded.Same for hallways.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
jack
"Quick overnighter worked out well"
Nice, older Euro style hotel with smaller rooms ideally situated in middle of La Jolla village.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Love La Jolla"
La Jolla is amazing. Wouldn't want to vacation anywhere else. The Inn was beautiful with amazing views. Would stay there everytime!!!
1 night family trip Mar 10, 2015
"la jolla"
not impressed, would not come back
1 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
therese s
"Terrible Hotel in an Excellent Location"
The only good thing about this hotel is the location. You are not going to use your car. Everywhere is accessible by foot. The hotel room is terrible; extremely small, not clean, the furniture and the artificial plants had dust on them, the carpet is worn out and had stains, the bathroom is remodeled though but with minimum effort. If you are planning to spend your day on the beach and enjoy the beautiful La Jolla and go to the hotel only to sleep. So it's ok to stay there. But if you want to relax in a hotel room, this is not for you. Forgot to mention that the price is really affordable. Only $100 / night.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Summer
"Just ok"
Was in #8. It was not the worst ever, but very dated and had worn out and stained carpet. The room smelled funky, like mildew mixed with pee. Kept the windows open.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
clay torres
"Bad Customer Service"
we visited the office 3 different times and each time we received "moody/bad attitude" customer service. We figured "ok maybe it was just that one person's bad day...But ALL employees are having a bad day? whats the deal with this place!?" One of the ladies even lied to us....we asked "You know of any places where we can rent bikes?" she replied, "No sir. No where around here. Closest place is about 3-4 miles away. and is probably closed because is a holiday (Presidents day). sorry" After doing some research and asking other people on the street, we found about 3 places within a 1-2 miles away from our room. and then we thought "if you dont know the answer to our question, why dont you just be honest and say I DONT KNOW BUT LET ME TRY AND FIND OUT OR DIRECT YOU TO SOMEONE THAT COULD HAVE AN ANSWER". Is good customer service truly that challenging to accomplish? Specially when this is the only way youll keep your business moving forward? COme on guys, manage your business right or hire new people to represent the company.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Orel
"great location"
great location, nice staff. lowest price in la jolla
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
don
"Not the street level...ever again!"
I hate to say it, but this turned out to be a very scary experience. The rooms are right on the street for the "garden level". I mean you can hear the people as they walk by all night, and the cars, and the street sweepers, and EVERYTHING. Rooms very small. Had a very ugly stain on the carpet as we entered. They run your card for $50 in case of damage. With the stain and the curtain rod that was hanging by literally a thread we were worried they would charge us so I took pictures of the condition as we entered. There is only street parking and we didn't see the sign for Monday 2 am street sweepers so got a $52 ticket. The bed was comfortable enough but the room was VERY small. We usually stay on the other side of La Jolla beach, and we thought it would be fun for a change to be right in the thick of the Cove. Well we have and it was a little too scary and crowded and noisy for us. If you get the upper level rooms, it might be a lot better.
2 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"Great location. Near all necessities."
A little noisy in terms of air conditioner. This applicable to room 10 only. Other than that, very enjoyable.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
coachwn
"fantastic location"
This hotel was very nice and had a fantastic location to the beach, eating and shopping. I would have appreciated a desk in the room and a tv guide. Very clean, Fantastic service by the staff.Microwave would have been nice but having a frig was wonderful. Nearby grocery store was great.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
MaryRuth
"Hidden fees"
You could park two blocks away for 10 bucks.. 50.00 put on card for incidentals even though I told them I wasn't going to utilize anything.. Shower alternated between hot and cold...
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
"La Jolla Inn - Needs soundproofing"
Hotel is a little shabby, and you can hear your neighbours' talking as if they were in your room. Needs soundproofing in the walls. TV doesn't work well. But the staff are very sweet and ready to help whenever asked. Parking is pretty easy on the street. Feels a little like a European hotel. They charge $6 if you forget a toothbrush or shaver. (It's complimentary at other hotels).
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Great view of the ocean!"
We enjoyed our stay and wished the next night was available so we could stay again.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
CJC
"bad stay"
Ac didnt work room was too hot.mattress kept sinking from sides. Was dirty under the bed. There were products for sale at a ridiculous rate and were very dusty.
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
Devendra
"This is NOT where you want to stay."
Staff was polite. No parking included, but for an extra $10 you can park 2 blocks away! Otherwise you hunt for street parking in an area with few parking options, and all of them time limited to 2 or 3 hours from 8 am until 6 pm. Checked into room 5, one of the street level rooms. Long black stains on the carpet, an AC unit held together with box tape, bent lampshades and drapes that don't completely block out the light. Toilet took forever to drain, a real adventure in anticipation when it came to flushing time. Perhaps the management will say this is an atypical occurrence, but from the state of our room it looks like poor maintainence and neglect are the norm here. Move down the street, you will be glad you did.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Roger
"La Jolla Inn-ywhere else"
The only reason anyone stays here is the price. Parking is several blocks away in a garage, which for women travelers means walking dark city streets for late evenings and early flights. The rooms stink, literally. When raising the window to air our room, the entire thing came out in my hands. This may explain why the woman in the room next to ours NEVER closed her door. When we left at 5:30 am we walked past her sleeping with the door standing wide open. Carpeting is stained and gross. Paper thin walls do nothing to mask the sounds of the blender and revelers in Carolina's room, ("Hey, Carolina!") the sounds of the busy street right outside your door or the bonk bonk bonk of dance music in the clubs. If funky charm is your thing, this hotel may be for you. Window boxes of geraniums line walkways and the rooms are decorated like your grandma's guest room. A very short walk delivers you to the park and ocean front one way and shopping and dining the other. I will be staying elsewhere.
3 night trip Nov 14, 2014
Kath
"Not good"
Horrible, hotel room had water damage and electrical problems. Significant repairs are needed. Hotel staff was oblivious to condition of room and offered no alternative for stay.
1 night trip Nov 15, 2014
chris
"Too young"
The front desk help are young women who appear not to be engaged in hospitality, once they take your money.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2014
Kimberly
"Good Location"
Busy & noisey corner. Noise from club across the street late at nite. Good location. Had ocean views from Glass door and window. Pillows were lumpy. Carpet was spotted. Need new laundry appliances and more towels. Towels were worn and thin. Housekeeping ran out of towels. So we would sometimes have 1 wash cloth or 1 hand towe. Staff was very good about finding towels or bringing them to our room later.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
"Spend a little more somewhere else"
The location and free parking around the corner were the only positives to this hotel. The carpet in the rooms was incredibly stained along with the upholstery on the chairs. The sheets were stained with hairs in them. The sink was clogged and the remote stopped working late at night. The front desk closes at midnight however, so we could not get it fixed. I realize that you get what you pay for, however this hotel could put just a little more into repairs and it would double in ratings. I would have canceled my resevation after the first night and paid more to stay somewhere else, but I had made my reservation through hotels.com so I was past the cancelation point and would have lost out on a couple hundred dollars. I may think twice about using this site to book hotels in the future.
3 night trip with friends Oct 23, 2014
"Great Hotel for the Price"
La Jolla Inn was exactly what I needed. I was in town for a workshop and didn't want to play and arm and a leg for a room, but I also wanted to be in downtown La Jolla near the best restaurants and shops. I think I paid $112 per night. It was right in the heart of things and it was surprisingly quiet considering there as a loud late night restaurant/bar right across the street. The room was on the smallish side, but it was cheerfully decorate and it even had a little balcony looking out at the ocean. It's not plush, but it was great value for the money.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"couldn't snorkel...."
hotel was nice but could not snorkel due to sewer line break in water two days prior to me arrival. bummer.
1 night trip Oct 15, 2014
"What a disappointment"
Room was HOT air conditioning barely worked and only came out of small opening on bottom no air from top of unit. They did bring a fan which helped a little.Queen bed felt lumpy TV was on the left so you had to lay on right side to watch.No soap in room had to go to desk to ask for some.When checking in my wife and I felt the receptionist was bothered by having to answer questions. Only thing good was the rate we paid compared to others in the area.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Retired ...
"very convenient"
This was a great place to stay in La Jolla - walking distance of all the sights and restaurants. Smallish rooms but adequate.
7 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"1 night in La Jolla"
I stayed here for one day and one night with my husband. We spent the afternoon on the sand, and in the ocean. We enjoyed the view from the rooftop deck. We also enjoyed our own small private balcony. It was a small room but very comfortable!
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
small rooms
"Location wonderful but staff not great"
When I checked in, the woman who checked me in couldn't have been less friendly. She didn't give me any information about the room, services, or amenities of the hotel. The room was a little bit small but that was sort of expected when I saw the rooms being described as "European style". The bed wasn't comfortable at all but I felt like I had everything else that I needed. What really bothered me was the continental breakfast. In the hotel's handbook, it says that free breakfast is provided either on the sundeck or brought up to your room. I was incredibly excited about this and called down to the front desk my first morning. I was put on hold for 20 minutes and forced to listen to an advertisement for the hotel that specifically noted how great their breakfast was and how you could also get a complimentary newspaper. By the time I actually spoke to someone, the same unfriendly woman informed me that they don't do that anymore. I asked why that information was still in the handbook AND in the hold ad and she just said "Well, it's new. Don't know what to tell you." Additionally, on our last night, some drunk guy was banging on the gate at 1:00 AM screaming at the top of his lungs to get into the hotel. Not really the hotels fault but it wasn't taken care of for at least 45 minutes. On the whole, it doesn't take much for me to be okay with a hotel. This place had potential but I was really put off by the unfriendly nature of the staff.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
The room we had,had a very good view of the ocean.The only problem we had was the windows with the view needed to be cleaned real bad.Also the parking situation is not the best.The parking structure is about a half mile from the hotel.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
Ron
"duty and rundown"
totally dirty and rundown.make sure you check your shower curtain before you take that shower.Pretty gross.I would never stay there again.Stay away from it.
3 night trip Aug 25, 2014
Werner
"Great location, but way too noisy street!"
If you're looking for peace and quiet, this is not the place as it's located across from restaurants with delivery and garbage trucks arriving at all hours of the day and night! View of the ocean was partially obstructed and the room was small. The only thing you're getting here is the short walking distance to everything around downtown La Jolla. Other than that, would not stay here again as I also felt the price is too high for what you get.
2 night trip Aug 21, 2014
"Appealing on the outside-not on the inside"
We purchased a room with a view. The sliding window had a nice view of the ocean, but during our stay it was hot and the sun hit that side of the hotel all afternoon. Much too hot to open and enjoy. The balcony was also way too small and they crammed two chairs and a small table on it with the seats facing the room. Totally cramped and no way to see the ocean the way it was set up. The worst part though was the room. We knew we were getting a queen bed, but the bed sagged on my side and I felt like I was going to roll off during the night. The pillows were awful, we should have brought our own. Also, the wall air conditioner was noisy, so we turned it off during the night and opened the sliding door. There were two other air conditioners above our door outside that were doubly noisy. We hardly got any sleep that night. Fortunately, we only were there one night. This hotel is in a good spot, close to the ocean and town, but the rooms all face the street where it was noisy late into the night and early the next morning(6:30 AM or so). Believe me, I was awake for all of it. We also felt that the price for the room was too much for what we got, but being in the center of La Jolla they can charge pretty much what they want. Needless to say, we will not be going back there again.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
"Adequate"
Hotel is in a great location, heart of downtown La Jolla, a block from the ocean. I only needed the room for sleeping, but that was difficult there due to some loud, intermittent building system on the balcony. It's not clear if this was part of the AC or something else, but it kicked on every 15 minutes and the room shook. Impossible to sleep. It appeared that this system was malfunctioning as the other similar units did not make the same noise.
3 night romance trip Aug 16, 2014
"Not horrible but definitely not worth the money"
I booked this somewhat last minute and thought I had looked at the reviews but apparently had not. I stayed here one night, and then had reservations for less than half the price at a much better hotel near Little Italy. The remote for the AC unit hanging on the wall didn't work until I turned the batteries around and it spilled dried battery acid dust on me. Then I noticed that the door opening to the adjacent room would not latch properly, so all the neighbor would need to do to break in was open their side. In the morning, the front desk told methey dodon't have breakfast but they used to, even though the description said they had a continental breakfast. I got locked out of the room and they did not request ID to get back in, another security issue. All that said, the place was cozy and they came through with the promice of an "ocean view" room, with a balcony, though it wasn't the greatest view. The hotel staff was also courteous. I would heed the warnings of reviews and would not recommend it, although I did not experience many of the issues others did.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"Stuck there beware !!!"
I booked room through hotel.com and when I was booking it said free cancellation. when I showed up I did not like the hotel which look like Motel not hotel. I asked for refund and they refused. I called hotel.com and the CSA said free cancellation means, we do not charge you extra however you have to follow hotel cancellation policy. So I got no choice just to stay over. Very limited side street parking and you have to pay them $10 for a parking two blocks away.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
Mazi
"Comfy bed, really clean room!"
The bed was super comfy, the view was beautiful & the rooftop was spectacular. It was the perfect place for our special weekend.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"hotel claimed they did not get reservation"
we arrived at 11:30 PM and they did not have our reservation or a room for us.the receptionist told us at 11:50 that she was going to close the lobby... not we were on the phone with hotels.com....trying to make other arrangements...not happy... hotels.com found us alternate lodging just blocks away and also gave us a partial credit...we were happy with the way they handled it...
3 night trip Jun 25, 2014
sh
"Location Is Everythiing"
Great location. Amenities are quite limited. No on site parking is a real shortcoming; guests must either park on the street or drive to a garage two blocks away. Noise from singer at restaurant just outside our window. Room was clean. I would chose this hotel again only if I could get a good price compared to the surrounding places.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Close to beach. That's the only positive."
Old, tired hotel. Street noise at night, trash pickup and delivery truck noise early every morning. Air conditioning was broken and never fixed. Rooms are very small. The negative reviews are all accurate.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
Hotel was severely dated and could use updating. Location we very good.
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
"DON'T STAY HERE"
Dont stay here if they offer a deal. You don't get what they advertise. Pictures showed an ocean view, spacious room. What you actually get is a bottom floor, dark, musty and damp closet with one window covered in bars on the inside of the room. Carpets were soaked, moldy smell, bars on the window, hair on the sink and the floor in the bathroom, I could probably touch opposite walls by stretching out my arms, rooms are seriously outdated. Staff is mean. Says the rooms are European style, which is an advertising gimmick to sell you cheap, cramped, outdated, undesirable accommodations at an unaffordable price. (Hey Europe you should be insulted). Ive stayed at hostels in Europe's most beautiful cities that put this hotel to shame. Management wouldn't refund us even though we didn't stay; be wary of places that only allow cancelations a week in advance. Parking is near impossible.
3 night business trip Jun 17, 2014
travel guru
"Perfect Location!!"
There was only one thing I did not like at all, the checking in and parking situation. The hotel definitely needs valet parking.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
Karina
"Great spot in LaJolla"
Convenient location, nice room, and reasonable parking.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
The room was clean and comfortable but it was also LOUD!!! The band in the bar bar across the street played until 11 p.m. and I could hear everything from the room above me. Not to mention the drunk yelling at his wife down the hall...
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"very quaint place"
The room was nice. I didn't know it was so far from the ocean.When you open the front door it hits the bathroom door.But other than that it was nice for being an older place.The girls at the desk tried to be helpful.
1 night romance trip Jun 8, 2014
bby
It sucked! Room was badly in need of carpet cleaning and bathroom cleaning. King bed was 2 twin beds pushed together!!!?? Charges for room snacks was totally out of line and a lot of them were EXPIRED over a year old!! AC sucked as well. Rooms way over-priced for what you get and not what is shown on your web-site.
2 night trip Jun 2, 2014