All hotels in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
506 Pandora Ave., Victoria, BC, V8W1N6, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

Very central for our trip, friendly staff, great food at pub. Very nice room, quite comfortable for our stay. Would stay here again!!
2 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
"Solo birthday trip"
my trip was to celebrate a milestone birthday and I was so pleased by the choice to stay at Swan's. The staff there treated me with the utmost courtesy and anything I needed help or advice with, the front desk staff went out of their way. They made me feel like I was staying in a personal home or B & B. My room was large and very comfortable and unbelievably quiet considering I had a room on the second floor overlooking a busy intersection. I also made use of the kitchen in my suite several times.
6 night trip May 9, 2015
lauri
"Good for group"
The bathroom was down steep stairs and the bedrooms were upstairs. Very inconvenient and almost unsafe at night.
3 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
Shirley
Great centrally located hotel. Can walk to restaurants, shopping, waterfront...
2 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
The Swans Hotel was quite nice for a restored warehouse and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. The only complaint is the very steep stairs to the loft bedroom which unfortunately did not have the bathroom attached. We were also dismayed to find major construction very near the hotel.
2 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
Great place to stay in a great location.
4 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
Sheila
Would have liked to have more than two towels for a two bedroom room. I had to use a hand towel to dry off! Also, more than two pillows please!
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"great location-big rooms"
we were in a quiet room away from the restaurant/bar, so we did not hear any music.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
andy
"Watch this space"
fantastic, unique hotel - vibrant music and dancing in the pub downstairs - unique open spaces in the rooms - in an up and coming area
2 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
Cary
Enjoyable Brewpub/Hotel. Friendly staff. Will return to this location again.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Swan stay"
There for a family wedding and I couldn't be more happy with the swan Everything was stellar from the staff to the cleanliness will stay there again on next trip
7 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
jeremy
"Christmas in Victoria"
We could only spend one night in Victoria and were really glad we chose the Swan. Friends in Port Townsend who visit Victoria every year at this time and have stayed at many hotels recommended it. Everything was top notch, the staff were cheerful and very helpful, the location could not be better. It was raining and windy that night but not enough to keep us from the Christmas lights, which were spectacular. The morning we had to leave my GF and I both agreed that "we could live here."
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"Victoria Jaunt"
We stayed at this hotel for only one night. But, next time we come, we want to stay here again. Staff were great. We highly recommend it.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
LenoreL95
"highly recommend"
Excellen location,easy walk from ferry. Room was awesome with full kitchen and bathrobes. Brewpub staff was one of the high points. Will definitely stay here the next time and recommend it to everyone. Only negative was breakfast only available weekends.
2 night romance trip Dec 9, 2014
rod
Would definitely stay here again, great staff & location.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Oasis"
Victoria has so much to offer adventurers: historic sights, high tea, Butchard Gardens, seaplanes, buses, water taxis and delicious food. Swans Hotel offered old world pleasure within walking distance of the harbor and bus stops. We enjoyed the first rate pub, glassed in eating area with gorgeous flower arrangements, quiet, welcoming and clean living quarters complete with kitchen, fireplace, private patio garden, comfortable lounging areas and beautiful sleeping area. Even with the bridge construction our stay was a delight. We enjoyed the personal contact with the helpful front desk and cleaning staff. We look forward to our NEXT visit!
1 night trip with friends Sep 4, 2014
Brenda S.
"The Swan - Old World charm."
My wife and I love Victoria BC. On our recent visit, we stayed 2 nights at The Swan. It's a boutique hotel with a café/bar. We were given complementary drinks tickets. Unfortunately, we could not take advantage. The staff are friendly, professional, and courteous. The bed was comfortable, the furnishing contemporary. Conveniently located to restaurants and shopping. Would we go back to the Swan? Definitely!
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
"Water leakage"
My wife was washing her hands on the 2nd floor, and I noticed the water leaking to the first floor in the kitchen. I contacted the reception and someone came to the room and he said there are no available rooms that I can move you to right now, but I will bring you a bucket and we will adjust the price for you, but please wait till the morning till the Manager is here. In the morning I went to talk to the manager ( Angela ) and I told her my wife is pregnant and this is not safe for her or anyone, she said : I can’t do anything for you as we are fully booked and you paid through a third party website and I can’t do any adjustments for you, but I can offer you lunch ! I went back to my room to pick up my bag and came down to checkout she said : I contacted Expedia and I will update you what happens with them. I told her you could say that the first time I came down, you didn't even stand up to talk to me and you didn't even say sorry. If anyone wants to be angry you can go to this hotel.
1 night family trip Aug 26, 2014
Mohsen
"Victoria vaca"
Swans was a nice place to stay...a little noisy at night with rowdy people coming out of the pub and with morning trash trucks running up the street. The rooms were a bit stuffy with little ventilation but the service and location was great. An OK place to stay.
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2014
"Beautiful"
You could tell the building was a bit older but it is beautifully taken care of. The rooms were well kept and the furnishings nice and comfortable. It was within walking distance of many restaurants and beautiful little shops.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
Beth
"Nice hotel with a brewery downstairs"
Excellent. The stAff is very friendly and the room very clean the brewery\restaurant downstairs had very good food and drinks/beer. It's located about a block from a very clean Chinatown. We would definatly stay there again.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
Arlene
"Well done version near Chinatown"
Very well appointed room with a loft bedroom. We were very happy here in late Spring but I'm not so sure it would work when the temperature goes up in the summer with no air conditioning. Otherwise a delightful little surprise just slightly off the tourist district.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
Debra
"Wonderful Staycation"
We thoroughly enjoyed our overnight in our home town. The room was beautiful and the bed very comfortable. It was a birthday celebration and we spent the evening in the pub eating delicious food, drinking wine and watching an awesome band, Kooler. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
"Lots of character and charm."
Good location. Nice pub. Only complaint was bedroom and bath on different floor of our room.
Other trip May 30, 2014
Odie
"great location"
We stayed here only one night but found it to be very comfortable and clean. It is within walking distance to many shops, restaurants and pubs.
Other trip May 16, 2014
val
"It didn't live up to the hype"
I found the Swan's hotel a wee bit disappointing. While it offered a big apartment type atmosphere, it was laid out a bit strange, as the two rooms were upstairs with no bathroom on the upper floor. I found myself cursing the stairs as I was going down them in the middle of the night to use the facilities. I also had to wait beyond the magical 4:00 p.m. check in because housekeeping was not quite done cleaning it out. This should have been a clue in itself, but then on my 2nd night there (we were there for 3), housekeeping never came and I had to round up clean towels, face cloths, more shampoo and coffee necessities. The art in the room was a wee bit strange as well - not too sure if it was appropriate for a 10 year old child to look at and adore, but that's another topic. I definitely would not stay here again.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
"Excellent hotel close to down town"
Clean rooms,, quiet and close to the down town core and Chinatown. Would definitely stay again
Other trip Dec 19, 2013
Rigmover
Great place, but my room was too near the band playing downstairs. Next time I will ask for a room further away from the pub. Yes, there will be a next time as it is a great place to stay.
1 night trip with friends Dec 7, 2013
"Excellent experience!"
Our family stayed in two, 2 storey hotel rooms and was very happy with the experience. Our rooms were quiet, well appointed and spacious. The staff were also very helpful.
4 night family trip Nov 2, 2013
Great location and the bar and restaurant was a great place for food and drinks. Staff very helpful and accommodating. Would definitely stay again.
1 night trip Oct 31, 2013
We were a little disappointed with the location of the hotel. Right next to Chinatown, the area was a little run down compared to other areas. Overall, our stay was pleasant, though when we booked the room, it did not show it was an upstairs bedroom. With a bum knee, it was a little hard to navigate.
Other trip Nov 6, 2013
"Great old suites hotel right in inner harbor."
If booking through Expedia be advised of a couple of important items. The first is too call the hotel directly and find out which room to get. The 3rd floor penthouse suites which are really nice require you to climb a flight of stairs to get to the bedroom. The second is that each night they have a band playing until midnight and a room over that will be noisy. All the rooms are suites and have a kitchen area, living area and separate bedroom. Our overall experience was first class and we enjoyed our stay immensely.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
Boston Bob
"One night stay in Victoria, BC"
This is an awesome hotel! Our suite had lots of room, it was very clean, and had gorgeous artwork on the walls. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. This is in a prime location downtown with walking access to lots of things to do. There happened to be live music in the bar downstairs on the night we stayed here, which was fun. The front desk also has free DVD rental if you feel like staying in. We also learned that the artwork displayed throughout the hotel was donated by the original owner and that upon his passing, he willed the hotel to the local university so that profits support the school. This is a unique and comfortable hotel.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"Perfect for us but not all"
My husband and I stayed at the Swan Hotel in Victoria as a get away weekend after a work conference in Vancouver. It was perfect for us! The location was easy walking to all of downtown - close to shops, restaurants, and sight-seeing. The rooms themselves were a decent size and the bed was comfortable. We could hear street noise but we were out and about during our trip so it didn't bother us. The pub/restaurant downstairs was great - live music every night and they make their own beer, which we enjoyed. The food was good (not excellent but good for pub food). What I will say is that if you are traveling with children or noise bothers you, this might not be the right place for you. I was amazed at how little we were able to hear of the bands downstairs once we'd retire for the night but you could hear them some - again did not bother us. And the walls between rooms were very thin. I was able hear the conversation of the guest next door and could tell you when the upstairs guest were moving around and getting ready. Again, neither of these things bothered us - it's part of staying in an boutique hotel in an older building, some may call it charm :)
3 night romance trip Oct 2, 2013
island girl
"Unique Boutique Hotel"
We really liked this hotel. The lobby was very small and cozy, so we expected the same when we reached our room. We were wrong! Our one-bedroom suite was as large as a one bedroom apartment! Beautiful artwork adorn the walls, which we learned was from the original owner's personal collection. It had a nice, fully-appointed kitchen, and the bed was sooooo comfortable! The place was clean, clean, clean! The location makes for an easy walk to many of Victoria's historic sites, and the hotel has yummy casual restaurant with live music nightly. A couple of things to note: the bedroom is upstairs, a loft you'll find at the top of steep stairs. The one bathroom is located downstairs. My husband has a serious heart condition, and after a scary episode walking back up the stairs after a nocturnal visit to the bathroom, he had to opt for sleeping on the downstairs sofa. Overall though, this is a really lovely place to stay!
2 night trip Sep 17, 2013
Babs
"close to start of Galloping Goose bike trail"
Great location for a jump start on the Galloping Goose bike trail. Walking distance to all downtown sights and restaurants. Nice two bedroom suite with full kitchen
1 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2013
"Great for families!"
Small, European style hotel, but wonderful option for families with children. Our room was a very comfortable two bedroom suite, all for less than most hotel rooms. We had two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs, a full living room and kitchen studio downstairs. With three children too young to stay in a room on their own, we couldn't have had a more perfect set up, with a small patio to boot. Tiny lobby with just a reception desk, but very helpful and gracious staff. Popular brewpub and restaurant downstairs, but no noise problems. Some of the facilities and furnishings are a bit worn, but great value for the cost. Not luxury service, but that wasn't as important to us; the place has a really great vibe, so different than a big chain, more like a European inn. Location was fantastic, easy walking distance to a wide range of restaurants and most downtown attractions, but far enough away from the harbor to avoid the cruise ship crowds. Very interesting shopping-boutiques in the surrounding blocks. I'd strongly recommend Swan's to most.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
PDShack
"Very good location near harbour, Chinatown"
Hotel was nice. Our room was above the Pub and was very noisy one night, as when it closed, everyone seemed to go outside and sing outside our window. Vew ffrom 2nd floor was obstruced, so little reason to be on the harbour side where it was noisy.
3 night family trip Aug 20, 2013
"spacious rooms, unique property"
I enjoy the thought of staying at the Swans Suite, though I wouldn't visit Victoria again. Very comfortable, spacious, tastefully decorated rooms. I was concerned about traffic noise keeping me awake, but closing the windows and using ear plugs allowed me to sleep soundly. Oddly, when I had a very early day, and didn't bring the complimentary newspaper into my room, it meant no maid service for the day, though I didn't hang the "do not disturb sign." The adjoining brewpub's beer is medium and features live music almost nightly I think.
3 night trip Aug 6, 2013
"Great boutique style hotel!"
Great big room with a loft upstairs and a kitchen. Close enough to the marina and tons of shops and stores on the way. If know one is staying in the penthouse, you can get a tour as we did! It was very cool! Amazing service would bring us back the next time in Victoria.
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2013
Jeremy
"Excellent location...quaint ... friendly staff ..."
This quaint little hotel was perfect for two people. Full kitchen, small but nicely appointed bathroom, very clean, pub was excellent, nice view, street was a bit noisy but I like the hussle bustle sound. Staff was very friendly and helpful with questions and suggestions. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
Ron
"Great location. Nice accommodations."
The location was closeto my conference on the other side of the Johnson St. Bridge, a five minute walk. It was also very close to a health food store and several good cafes and restaurants. The Il Terrazo, Bliss cafe and Molé cafe are right there. The dinner we had at the pub downstairs was not good, but did have lots of customers. The staff at the hotel was friendly and helpful. theres some street noise, but was okay after shutting the window. Overall, we had a good experience there and even though we didn't cook while there, it was nice to have a kitchenette and hot coffee waiting for you downstairs in the morning.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Excellent choice, specially for longer stays"
I have stayed at the Swans in several ocasions, and it has always been a pleasent experience. The hotel is more European, both in layout, construction, and room atmosphere. Plus the location is extremely convenient. The Swan's pub and restaurant are good, too. Rates are reasonable, not cheap, not expensive. The rooms are equipped more like small efficiency lofts/apartments (up to two bedrooms), and by equipped I mean glasses, ceramic mugs, china, silverware, and the essentials for simple cooking. This makes the Swans an excellent choice for longer stays in Victoria. This time, I stayed for only one night... a very enjoyable one!
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
Jorge
"Hidden Jewel"
Great hotel. Wish I could've stayed longer. Walking distance to a variety of places. Clean and pleading rooms. Staff was great.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2013
"Really enjoyed this one"
Easy walking to all of downtown. I did not see any of the sketchy stuff that was mentioned in the other posts. It's downtown, there are all sorts of interesting things and people to enjoy and being lovely Victoria I didn't see anything offensive. The parking was fine. The maid did not wash the dishes though and on vacation that's one thing I don't want to do! The lunch downstairs at the pub was excellent. The best chowder I have ever had, and that's a lot of chowder. The personnel working there were wonderful and charming. I would go back. nice beds by the way.
2 night trip Jun 12, 2013
"Victoria Holiday"
Swans is a good holiday; helpful staff; great location.
2 night family trip Jun 14, 2013
"Exceeded all expectations"
Highly recommended. The suite was large and well appointed. Bath was clean and well-provisioned. The restaurant, food, ambieance and service, was so good we ate three meals there.
2 night trip with friends Apr 26, 2013
Jim B
"Great location but terrible room and customer serv"
We rented a two bed room suite which was advertised as one bedroom with King bed, second with two single beds and a sofa bed in the living room. The suite we got did not have a King bed instead had a Queen bed and the staff refused to acknowledge about misleading advertisement. Both rooms were small especially room with the queen bed, it was so small that bed was in the way of the door so it can not be closed. Hotel does not have free parking but do sell parking for $10 a night but the parking place is one block away. Staff will not tell you but there is a public parking in front of the hotel (Store Road) for $7.50 a night. Worst customer service we ever faced in all these years including our travel to third world countries, only one bright spot and that is hotel’s location.
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2012
We had a great time. Very comfortable and the we will return....
1 night family trip Dec 15, 2012
"Charming"
They did a great job when they turned this building into a hotel. It reminded me of a European hotel.
1 night business trip Dec 14, 2012