All hotels in Torquay, England, United Kingdom
Park Hill Road, Torquay, England, TQ1 2DG, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"a wonderful hotel"
My daughter and her partner went there, it was their Xmas present, they had a fantastic time and the hotel was wonderful, the staff were helpful and friendly, the rooms were clean,tidy and comfortable and the food was delicious,they are definitely going back again and would recommend the hotel to anyone.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
alison
"Room needs updating"
Room on 4th floor was inferior to previous stays, needs updating and shower had no power. Breakfast was good, otherwise standard fair.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"Needed longer"
Excellent food on dinner, bed and breakfast rate, shame I was on business!
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2015
Jane
"Great place for a short break"
Went with family for my wife's birthday. Restaurant has a magnificent view of Torbay and the food and service of an evening was excellent, though portion size on the set menu was on the small side. Breakfast buffet on the other hand was magnificent, fantastic choice and all very tasty. There was plenty of staff to serve tea and coffee and clear used plates. Bathroom in our room (20) was very cold but room was cosy also with a good view and very comfortable bed.
4 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
Keith
"Average"
Nice room, had to rinse the bath before having one, called down to room service and after ringing for ages a girl answered "hello general dogsbody" this was unprofessional and made me feel uncomfortable. Recreation service was excellent. Ordered fish and chips with all the trimmings from room service, it was below average and would have been better going to the chip shop down the road, also ordered the winter cream tea which was very very nice, although didn't come with tea as the menu States. All in all it was a nice place to stay but along with the expensive Carpark do not think it's worth the money.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2015
Joni
"Would stay again"
Lovely hotel cleaning leaves a little to be desired My meal was average and overpriced Care on parking quite expensive Location excellent view brilliant
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
"imperial review"
Got room 114 and as amazed at its size and view, could do with a touch up on the decor but i was still very impressed I Will definitely book again and have already recommended it to my friends. Breakfast was very nice with a good variety.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
simon
"Nice little hotel, room for improvement though!"
Had a long weekend at the imperial for valentines weekend and it was nice, worth the money we paid as part of a package deal, however the rate included a free upgrade of which normally costs £100 per night for the sea view, quite honestly that is atrocious on top of what's already paid so luckily we were upgraded free of charge. The room was very nice, the only issue is the rooms are very dated, we were staying in room 323 and the floors are very very squeaky, I'm young and can sleep through anything, but they were so noisy, waking us up at 7am, it was also hard to sneak to the toilet without waking up my other half as they were super creaky inside the room too. The sheets had some suspicious stains on too but they were changed the following day. Balcony wise, they were not clean, there was twigs, leaves and general clutter out on the balcony, meaning we didn't really spend too much time out there,, which was a shame. Everything else was fab. the staff were pleasant, breakfast entailed good food but on our second morning the waitresses wer swarming round the buffet at 10:40 getting their own breakfasts, when the closing time wasn't until 11, having worked in hotels before, I can say this was unprofessional, the blonde waitress clearly felt she had priority. Other than that the staff were friendly, I would recommend to friends in the future.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Chloe
"Good views"
Lovely hotel with some good views, nice and clean, had to wait to check in for half an hour but not too much of a problem. Good location. We have stayed here before and will again the future.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Angela
"Weekend treat"
Birthday treat away for my husband. Lovely hotel. Friendly service all round. Wish we had a room on a higher level but what view we had was still breathe taking. Will stay again, very soon. Thank you.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"perfect stay"
we had a lovely sea view room on the top floor it was a very spacious room with a 6ft bed the room was very clean it had coffee and tea facilitie and bathrobe and slippers if needed. we only stayed one night but would recommend this hotel for a holiday stay as it is in a good position for the harbour and shops, but the hotel is a few minutes walk up a hill. both the breakfast and dinner were excellent all the staff we very friendly and helpful we would stay here again
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
trevor
"Not quite so imperious"
Can't help thinking the hotel is trading on its past success a little. Stayed with 2 friends in 3 adjacent rooms on 4th floor. Queen Victoria apparently stayed here once, and in honour of her stay, the plumbing on the 4th floor remains Victorian, I'm afraid, with very poor water pressure. The bar is on the pricey side, and the breakfast should be better for a hotel at this end of the market - the fried eggs all had hard yolks, the sausages were a little anaemic, and the other items were a little dried out (and we were reasonably early to breakfast). On the plus side, the views across the bay are excellent from the restaurant, the decor in the public areas is very elegant, and the bed was very comfortable. I think if I were to return to Torquay I might choose alternative accommodation, especially if I came with my wife, as her long hair would take hours to wash in the shower.
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
"Nice hotel very welcoming. Close to harbour"
Main course in restaurant was excellent (steak) but the starters were very disappointing. Breakfast was extremely good. Restaurant has wonderful panoramic views
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
christine
"Anniversary Weekend"
No hot water for a bath or shower. Complained to reception and duty manager Sam went beyond her call do duty to offer some free wine and a free upgrade to 4th floor suite. Turned why would have been a disastrous anniversary weekend into a memorable one. The hotel still needs to sort it's boiler out though, but would stay again.
3 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"A Very Happy Stay"
The hotel is a little tired in terms of decor, but we loved it for the price we paid. It was lovely and warm on a very cold winter's day.
1 night romance trip Feb 2, 2015
"Top hotel.."
Couldn't ask for more. All round very nice. We will be returning to this hotel.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
j.m
"lovely hotel with fantastic sea views"
this is the 3rd year we have stayed at the imperial in january and it never disappointes us, the rooms are spacious and comfortable with a fantastic view of the sea and the harbour, large comfortable bed tea coffee, hair dryer, trouser press iron and board, the breakfast is varied and plentyfull and again sitting with fantastic views of the sea,staff are helpfull room cleaned daily, what more could you ask for, will return next january without a doubt
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
tracey
"Relaxing weekend"
Good place to stay had a bit of trouble with the bath taps not working but staff sorted it the only down side is that it's a bit dated and the car parking fees but the food was great and a great service
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
andrew
"Faded glory"
Perfectly fine hotel but more three than four stars in my opinion - very much faded glory behind the grand façade of the entrance lobby. Bath was patched, old style round sockets in the room, mismatched furniture and so on. It was warm and clean and staff were friendly. Try and avoid a room near the lift and the noise the bell makes is really loud. I did mention it to reception but they just shrugged. I'd stay again if I had a reason to be in the area and the price was right but I wouldn't go back just to stay at the hotel. Good location very close to town, but away from pubs so not noisy. Didn't try pool and similar facilities so can't comment on them.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
"Great hotel rooms a little tierd"
Great common areas but the rooms are a little tired but made up by the view at breakfast
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
Trevor
"Fantastic views"
We really liked it here. The décor is looking a bit tired in places but the room was huge, with a magnificent view. Will definitely stay here again
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Anne
Very good quality hotel.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Jeffrey
"lovely stay"
Lovely hotel, amazing views and great location
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Great experience received"
Excellent clean and friendly.
1 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
Dean
"Overnight Stay"
Breakfast Served in surroundings akin to a Cruise Liner with glorious views across Torbay - comprehensive selection of food on a convenient serve yourself basis & to good standard. Welcoming staff. Leisure facilities good. Room well furnished and comfortable. A very relaxing & enjoyable overnight stay.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Norman
"Great views, ideal location"
We had a relaxing time, close to town and beach. Facilities were good.We would definitely visit again
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"Excellent value"
This break, including breakfast was excellent value. Yes, the hotel is in need of modernising, but the comfort, service, position and the added bonus of accepting small dogs more than made up for it. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation. Parking was readily available free of charge, and it was convenient for walking in to Torquay and the harbour. The bar and restaurant were very good and there were also lots of other good restaurants within walking distance
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Terry
"great time was had by all"
excellent stay,clean,good décor. friendly staff.great breakfast catering for all taste .this is a large hotel but feels small and friendly .
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
chris
"Bed room in need of TLC"
We only stayed the one night when visiting relatives. We were welcomed very well by the male receptionist. I registered and was given the room cards and a double sided A4 sheet of paper showing the main reception rooms and restaurants on one side and hotel details on the other - I doubt if this side was proof read as it was not well written. Room 306 is in serious need of refurbishment. Nothing in the room is complimentary - whatever is in a reasonable condition has been placed in this room. The curtains in particular were ill fitting snagged down one side. The bed was surprisingly comfortable. I was advised by the receptionist that a planned refurbishment is due to start in the spring time. This was a late booking booked at a good price which is just as well as I would have been complaining had I had to pay full price. Breakfast was pretty standard - all self service.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
"Love it"
My favourite bolt hole. Fabulous sea view. Ability to leave curtains open and wake up to the view
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Incredibly helpful staff who are well-trained"
An unfortunate start involving misdirection to our room due to a lift which was out of order, but eventually assisted by some very helpful staff. The restaurant manager in particular was incredibly helpful and couldn't do enough to help. The views from rooms looking out over the bay and the various reception and dining areas are spectacular, however, the building is looking very tired and could do with a facelift - peeling paint around some windows and worn carpets in heavy duty places. The spa area also needs some updating - saunas are separate and within each changing room rather than in the general spa area. I slept very well, but my partner found the place noisy at night with doors banging - more the fault of self-closing devices rather than other guests. We stayed over Christmas and found a very high proportion of elderly guests who were there on a coach party offer, which might not be everyone's cup of tea.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Jools
"Great hotel."
Room was neat, clean, and elegant. Overall decor was beautiful.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
Nice Hotel but a little tired, the room was comfortable, clean and warm. The furniture and fittings were older but of good quality. Bathroom good and water supply fine. Dinning Room had wonderful views across the bay, the breakfast was fine but I have had better. The reception and hall had been decorated well for Christmas and looked really lovely. Car parking was good but there was a charge
Jena
"Quiet out of season"
It's a pity a 4-star hotel out of season has to charge you £7 a night just to park your car.
"A weekend in Paradise"
We had a wonderful weekend, loved the decor at the hotel, especially entrance hall and the fact it was decorated tasteful for Christmas. Our room was amazing with a glass balcony and sea view of Torbay.
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
"Not impressed with room"
Wasn't happy with room was dated had holes in te wall the shower was dire just trickling water either scolding hot or cold Requested another room was shown same sort of rooms if I wanted upgrade had to pay £30 a night so just stayed in the double room ... Wasn't happy weren't very accommodating
2 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
Kausar
"Great hotel all round"
My husband & I have stayed here previously, so when another trip to Torquay was on the cards, this time with my in-laws, The Imperial having had a special deal was the ultimate choice. And they did not disappoint again. Lovely rooms, great location, but the dining hall is the winner. Huge, airy, fabulous buffet breakfast. And most importantly, my in-laws enjoyed the stay.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Annette
"Surprised and impressed"
We were very pleasantly surprised with the size of the room and amazing views. The bed was huge and comfortable. the location was good and only a short walk in one direction to the town centre or along a coastal path in the other direction.
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
Keith
"getaway chill out weekend"
room was a bit tired,i.e floorboards creaked,bath hand shower leaked,no mini bar. had to complain about noise from next door at 2330,appeared to be students french sounded like they were having a party,was sorted right away.other than that enjoyed my short break,hotel was perfectly situated,glorious views and within a short walk to town centre and main attractions.
2 night trip Nov 14, 2014
Keth
"A gem!"
A great location for the harbour and shops. Great service and a yummy breakfast. Would definitely stay here again. Fab views over the sea whilst eating your breakfast
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Kate
"Not bad but could do better"
Was put on the Garden Level and although I had booked a room with a sea view it was a bit limited. But overall the hotel was very good, food was very tasty.
3 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
"stunning hotel"
Beautiful hotel perfectly located. We were offered an upgrade to a superior room with sea view and balcony bath robe slippers..bed was so comfortable. We liked the room so much we only ventured out a couple of hours. Definitely stay again!
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
Anthony
"Our anniversary"
My husband and i stayed in your hotel for our aniversary So imagine our suprise when we booked in you had upgraded us to a fantastic sea veiw room We had breakfast the next morning which we found was excellent all members of staff where welcoming and helpful thankyou for making our day perfect
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
Lorraine
"Re-unioun weekend"
Relaxing couple of days. Next time I'll ask for an upgrade to a room with a sea view. It's a pity the windows couldn't be opened. Now I've been I'd go back.
2 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
"Great getaway"
Great getaway and deal, really friendly staff and good service, i would definitely go again
4 night family trip Oct 27, 2014
sonia
"Weekend away"
A perfectly fine hotel
1 night romance trip Sep 1, 2014
Marco
"A comfortable hotel with superb sea views."
We had an enjoyable three day break. Good facilities especially the indoor pool.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"feedback"
slow service in restaurant received starters before being shown the wine list. £7 car park fee a bit steep considering cheapest bottle of wine £20
1 night trip Oct 16, 2014
bp
"Wonderful position overlooking Torbay"
A return visit after 53 years! I remembered a glamorous five star style hotel of my childhood visit, sadly she like me has signs of age. Just a little effort could return her splendour; I know it is now part of a different group, so perhaps the decor will be updated where necessary. But the staff were not particularly welcoming or helpful except for rare exceptions. No-one in the foyer to welcome guests, to help with cases or anything like that. Just a bored lad on reception to check you in on the computer. Come on Imperial Hotel staff, get your act together! It is still possible to sit and gaze at the wonderful Devon Riviera that is the bay. But if you want real style and five-star treatment you no longer find it here. There is a nice indoor spa, but you have to walk through miles of corridors to reach it... better to go out of hotel and in at the outside door. One helpful member of spa staff showed us a quick way back. Example of the tired datedness... there was a minibar in the room but no key to open it. When I asked I was told they are going to get a locksmith in as no one has any of the keys; the pot holding the teas and sugars had a lid for a different pot and did not fit; there are no shower hats or robes in bathrooms; the bedroom decor was circa 1990s and one chair's upholstery was worn through on the edge. And the queue to sign out for 11am on Sunday morning was at least 30 people long at once, two people only on desk.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Vernonne
"needs updateing now"
it was very enjoyable but rooms could do with a little update now i know it was a standard room we had but it was quite dark and over looking carpark, as i say the rooms do need to be brightend up . breakfast was very good...
2 night romance trip Oct 7, 2014