All hotels in Hollywood, California, United States of America
5625 W Sunset Blvd, Hollywood, CA, 90028, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Quite clean
    Delicious food
    Regular internet service
    Room is all right
"Cost effective."
Clean room. Easy access to and from Hollywood locations.
Response by Dunes Inn Sunset
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment for us here at the Dunes Inn Sunset. We are happy you enjoyed you stay her at our hotel, we sincerely hope to see you again.
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
"Clean and Convenient"
Dunes Inn Sunset may look like just another older motel in Hollywood, but it's well worth the money to stay there. Located just a block from the entrance to Highway 170, the Dunes Inn is clean, quiet and has a lot of great conveneinces within a few blocks. Starbucks, 7-11 and several fast food-type restaurants are all within walking distance of the Dunes Inn. Parking is abundant and WiFi is free. The staff is friendly too! Rooms aren't huge, but they are clean.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"great room for the money"
It was a great price and a good room. Perfect for a Little last minute getaway. Clean and decent neighborhood
Response by Dunes Inn Sunset
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We are very proud of our property and pride ourselves on taking care of our guest;s needs. We sincerely hope you visit us again in the near future. Thank you again.
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Ashley
"just missing good tv channels"
Overall the hotel was great all that was missing was a microwave, and good tv channels
Response by Dunes Inn Sunset
Thank you for writing! We are glad you enjoyed your stay even though there weren't too many good TV channels. I will keep a note about your request and hopefully in the future, we will have a better channel guide provided. The microwave we have one in the lobby and primarily we have a restaurant so that's why we don't have microwave in the rooms. Looking forward to seeing you again and hope all is well!
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
horrible.dirty. hole in the wall where the air conditioner once was.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Great hotel for the price"
Excellent inexpensive motel conveniently located, decent restaurant offering 10% off for residents
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
Ernie
The location was great for everything we wanted to do in LA. Classic older motel in good condition for age if facility. It was quieter than expected. We used it as our launch pad for seeing the non-amusement park tourist activities. Enjoyed the smaller sized facility.
3 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Pleasantly sorprised."
I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean, the staff pleasant and helpful. The Dreams Cafe was great! Good food at great prices. Parking was adequate. I will stay here again without hesitation.
2 night trip with friends Jan 26, 2015
Rhona
"Great little stay"
Close to hollywood and fun things to do! Nice little stay clean and simple. Basic amenities would stay again!
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
samantha
"Price is good , 4 night is too long"
If I stay here for one or two night maybe have different experience , all good just not like home .
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"slow speed Internet service"
I was in the process of moving and living between two homes and surrounded by boxes. My Internet was out and I really need to get some work done so I decide to spend the night in the hotel room. This hotel is close to where I live and I figured I could go there early Sunday afternoon, work and then relax. The hotel advertised that they had Wi-Fi but that was not the case. It was in and out throughout the day and finally the Internet called it quit around midnight.mI was told by the front desk staff member that this happens quite often and the solution was to come to the lobby and do my work there. At midnight I was not about to grab my computer tablet phone and papers to go spread out in the lobby in my PJs.,he seemed mildly apologetic about it and said There was nothing he could do and that was that.
1 night trip Jan 4, 2015
Christopher
"Right off the Freeway"
Hotel is located right off the 101 Freeway. Very conveniently located to the Metro and Hollywood attractions. Unless you're very sensitive to noise, being next to Sunset Blvd isn't that bad. The surrounding area really isn't that much worse than anywhere in Southern California. It's not as glamorous as Beverly Hills, but you get what you pay for. Room was clean, didn't smell anything as some other reviews have suggested. I would stay here again the next time I'm visiting.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
"Inside job!!!! Watch out"
I didn't stay it was a mistake making the reservation. The last time I stayed their the owner have someone the key to my room without asking me. If coarse my room was trashed, and everything of value gone.
1 night business trip Jan 18, 2015
Travis
"Decent. No real wifi. A little funky."
Photo is a little misleading, the neighborhood is a bit grungy..ie, bullet proof glass at front desk. It's Hollywood though so it's really not an unsafe place for guests. Very convenient location with a Starbucks and a ton of fast food nearby if you're on a business trip and want something easy and fast. Most of the room had been remodeled--new fridge and TV. Surprisingly comfortable bed and pillows. Kind of a mismatch as the chairs and other furniture were very old. Wifi was pretty much unusable. Extremely slow. That's my biggest gripe. Sink area was recessed and only about the width of your body, would be tough for women wanting to do makeup or anything involving the sink. I found it a challenge just to shave. All in all I probably wouldn't stay here again unless I wanted something cheap and located on Sunset, which is what I was really looking for anyway. If you're traveling from out of state and on vacation I would invest a few more dollars for a more complete and welcoming hotel. This is a motel for sure, but does have some of that old Hollywood charm once you settle in.
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
"Nice Hotel, confortable, good location!"
The most important to me was that the room was confortable and clean and the hotel was really close to Hollywood and to the freeway.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
Alessandro
"Much improved Hotel"
I have been staying at the Dunes for about 15 years and they have had their up's and downs. The owners have made great improvements and I was impressed, the appliances all worked and were in like new condition, a new big screen TV on the wall that was HD, Great shower head. Overall greatly improved.
1 night trip Jan 5, 2015
"Family Vacation"
My stay was alright. The hotel was closed to almost every attraction. Walking distance to most of the attraction area. The reception was great and the receptionist briefed me about everything including where to get meal, taxis and he even gave me a map and book to learn about Los Angeles. I think I will lounge in this hotel again.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Franklyn
"Hollywood area inn for a lower cost"
Good location for a sightseeing at Hollywood sights. Lots of parking space.
4 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
Jon
"Have Bed Bugs!!!"
Chidren got but bit terribly by bed bugs. Hotel don't return my call & Expedia gives me no response & continues rejecting my survey. Taking further actions!!
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Reyna
"They have bed bugs"
Got bit on ankles, legs, arms and back by Bed Bugs!! A hotel staff wouldn't hear of it which refused to say who he was & who i was leaving a message to, since"they don't give out names" Haven't got a call back. Expedia, no reply aswell. Never using this site again!!!
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Reyna
Room was very basic but I knew that when I booked it. The shampoo was very cheap so I would recommend bringing your own if that is a big deal to you. The heater continually made a really loud noise after 3 minutes of turning it on, so I had to turn it off. Again, very basic but it was clean and I didn't have any 'major' problems.
3 night family trip Dec 17, 2014
Karli
"Okay room"
Felt humid and stuffy inside. The bed sheets had blood stains on them.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
Joanne
Stayed for 5 days. Needed a place close to the television studios where I had tickets to attend tapings and to attend some comedy shows. UCB (Upright Citizens Brigade) is just 5 min down the street. Also did the Warner Bros studio tour. Location is great, about 10-20 min driving to all the places I needed to be. PROS: Parking is FREE, flat screen tv, fridge, hair dryer, WiFi, and onsite restaurant. Great Location: There is a gas station next to the hotel, a grocery store down the street, and Home Depot across the street. CONS: If your are light sleeper, bring your ear plugs for the noisy garbage truck in the morning and for the A/C box -- the fan is louder than most. Tip: let it run while you are gone and turn it off when you sleep. I don't know why, but they use a cloth shower curtain, it should be plastic, and if you forget to tuck it inside the tub, the floor will get wet. Also, the WiFi is not secure even though password protected. It is slow in the evenings when there is high usage, daytime is good. Overall, if you want a clean, decent amenities and a place to park your car for FREE, this is a good place. There is room for improvement but it satisfied my needs and my budget. The hotel and restaurant staff were all friendly and pleasant to talk with too.
4 night trip Dec 1, 2014
"Very Good Hotel"
Was very good experience. Was given what they promised. More worthy than what I paid.
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
Mohammed Z
"great location"
great location, great price. would stay here again if doing anything on Sunset in the future
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
gregory
"It was OK"
My friends and I had a relatively good experience at this hotel. The parking lot was full and they coned off an area for us to park, the people in the lobby were friendly and seemed like they were willing to go above and beyond for their customers. The only issue we had was that when we came back to the hotel to sleep at 3 am, there was some sort of commotion outside- some people were yelling and a friend of mine peeked out and said that it looked like a lady was also offering her services. So the area isn't the best. This isn't the hotel's fault- maybe they just need to have someone walk around every now and then to make sure that peolple aren't being disturbed. Also, I was charged $50 as "a deposit" but as far as I remember, I didn't sign off on any charge. I was pretty unhappy about that. I was told that the charge should disappear from my bank account but last I checked it was still there. As long as it does disappear, I have no issue with it past the momentary annoyance.
1 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2014
Karla
"basic hotel"
Quick one night stay not far from Universal Studios room was small really basic overall ok for the price if I had another option I would opt out from staying here
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
ileana
"Clean and comfortable room."
Room was very clean and comfortable. However, Sunset Blvd. is noisy day and night.
6 night trip Oct 16, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
Hotel was just ok. Would we stay here again? Probably not. We did get what we paid for ( just an ok room). One complaint though we put out the do not disturb sign cause we didn't want the room entered while we were gone. When we returned to the room a few hours later the maids took off the sign and entered anyways. Gentleman at the desk when we checked in was very nice & wanted to make sure that we would have a good stay. Location was close to a lot (Universal, Hollywood Blvd, Pinks, Griffith Park, Santa Monica Blvd) but the surrounding neighborhood was not all that great.
2 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Mike & Tracy
"I would stay again"
Pleasant staff. Clean, comfortable, remodeled room. Lots of towels! Convenient parking and nice restaurant on site. Everything I needed. Kinda sketchy neighborhood, but that's why it's inexpensive. I would stay again.
1 night business trip Oct 10, 2014
Rungthip
"clean but expensive"
had to stay last minute in a hotel for an early doctors appointment the next morning. Hotel was clean and office personnel was very friendly. Rooms very small and expensive for the size
1 night family trip Oct 6, 2014
ELIZABETH
"Room condition"
The carpets were absolutely disgusting your feet would be black just by walking across the room. Lighting made no sense-switches for lights were located in very awkward places over across room. Wireless connection very sketchy.
1 night romance trip Oct 2, 2014
"As usual...a great getaway."
Great hotel every time I stay
1 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
Eddie
I booked my room two weeks in advanced it never asked me if i wanted a handycaped room they gave me a handycaped one i went to the office and requested to get a different room the clerk said that that was the last room they had i keept on seing more people checking inn all day long
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
Magdaleno
"It's good"
This hotel is work it for the price that we paid
1 night trip Sep 17, 2014
Diana
"Will do in a pinch"
Staff was very friendly and nice, however, Wifi didn't work after 9pm due to "high traffic" according to staff. Air conditioner was very close to the bed above the bed on right side of the bed and blew right on top of my head. Cannot adjust temperature, only had "high cool, low cool, fan and heat" settings. When on high or low cool, got way too cold blowing on top of you. I woke up freezing and with a sore throat in the middle of the night. Tried to do just "fan" however, it was 80 degrees out at night, so then it got too hot. Had to go back to low cool and try and shield my head with pillows and covers. Could not adjust the direction of the air either. Love that they have a fridge and parking and it was quiet.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"Great Location, little expensive"
Needed to attend a TV show, this hotel was in a great location. Manager way way more than helpful and room was clean and comfortable. For what I needed, this hotel was perfect. Price was a little high, but considering location, not bad at all.
1 night trip Sep 2, 2014
Bob Pixler
The staff that we dealt with were incredible and would definitely stay there again.
3 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2014
Bathtub leaked because of thin shower curtains. Other than that great experience!!!!
Response by Dunes Inn Sunset
Glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for voicing your opinion about the shower curtain. We will let the GM know about alternative shower curtains for the future. Looking forward to seeing you again and have a great day.
2 night business trip Aug 29, 2014
"our experience"
When we arrived at the motel 2 hours early, the clerk was very friendly and checked us in right away. We had 2 rooms, overall they were clean and had fresh bedding. The carpets could have been cleaner and the room my husband and I stayed in had an awful odor on top of the fact that the air conditioner wasn't all that great. The location was awesome. Close to Hollywood Blvd within walking distance and just a short drive to Universal. We enjoyed our stay, but will probably book the Hilton next time because of the odor and carpet.
1 night business trip Aug 25, 2014
"We found a large amount of bed bugs"
Managers refused to help us with the bed bugs, gave us the run around and wouldn't give us a refund. Staff on charges pointed that we had brought the bed bugs and said they only come from Europe. My boyfriend has an Irish accent and was in Europe almost 10 years ago. Staff was disrespectful and unhelpful. Had to find another hotel plus an emergency hotel for the night!
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Ariel
"Cool place"
Everything was great!
1 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2014
"Great service!"
Staff was incredibly helpful and kind. Room was nice and clean; incredibly convenient for my trip!
1 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2014
"Nice typical motel"
You get what you pay for and in Our experience it was great. Everything you need, in a cozy room, nice standard, great location, we slept through some pretty quiet nights, and the reception was friendly.
2 night trip Mar 9, 2014
Jasmin
"Decent place to stay but pricey and very noisy"
I chose this hotel because of it's convenient location (1.5 blocks from the location where I was attending a 3 day seminar). It's also walking distance from a variety of restaurants and studios on Sunset Blvd. The room was very clean though also very sparse --no paintings or artwork on the wall and fluorescent style lighting made for a not so cozy experience. The hotel staff was very courteous and helpful. The bed was ok (comfort wise). The biggest drawback was the old in-wall air conditioner which was ridiculously LOUD even on the lowest settings. It was too warm to sleep with it off (except the last night) so I had to deal with that noise all night (ear plugs helped a little). At $172 per night this was NOT a good value so it's highly unlikely I'll stay there again.
3 night business trip Jul 11, 2014
Donya F.
The front desk guys were great
Response by Dunes Inn Sunset
Thanks for your review! We are happy to hear the front desk staff was great since that is one of our top priorities. We look forward to your next visit.
2 night trip Jun 12, 2014
"Playing Jazz Festival stay"
Taxi close to the Hollywood Bowl. Small rooms, however, the staff was fabulous. Very accommodating, kind, and easy going. Would stay there again just for the great staff.
Response by Dunes Inn Sunset
Thank you very much for the wonderful review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and most importantly the staff was very helpful. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you again for your input and marketing us with your positive feedback.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Great hotel for the price"
Very standard Hotel amenaties and standard hotel experience. We didn't require any special accommodations, we just needed a place to crash….and for the price we paid, it was great!
Response by Dunes Inn Sunset
We appreciate the excellent review and look forward to serving you in the future.
1 night business trip Jun 5, 2014
"Clean safe place to sleep"
I'm a local and needed a place in town to stay after a late concert in Hollywood on a weeknight. Check in was fast and friendly. The exterior was getting a new paint job that day. Fresh white. GOOD: Room was VERY clean. It's basic and sparse but what did I care. Just a place to crash. Large free parking lot, free wi-Fi. BAD: the AC unit did not work. Also the people who live there aren't very quiet (some of the ground floor rooms seem to be residences).
1 night trip Jun 4, 2014
"False Advertising"
The hotel is a joke. Is less than a motel 6, yet charges twice as much. Advertizes a Bar on site. It closes at ten. No coffee in room or microwave. Expedia listed it at 2 1/2 stars. It isn't even a 1 star hotel. I won't book with Expedia again!
Other trip Jun 2, 2014