All hotels in Hollywood, California, United States of America

Clean
    Delicious food
    Regular internet service
    Room is all right
"Highly recommended to stay near hollywood"
It was a pleasant experience
2 night family trip Jun 15, 2015
Abdul Rahman
"Hollywood visit"
We stayed over night. The room was small but it was newly renovated and you could see that it was done well, painting, tiles, carpet and they even have wood shutters on the big windows. No pool but overall it was a good hotel.
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
Antonia
"Very nice hotel close to many things to do"
Very clean comfortable beds nice shower great for only few days stay very friendly staff and great restaurant next door Nora great waitress
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
"Convenient, well-priced, friendly, comfortable!"
I searched for hours looking for a one night stay to attend a Hollywood Bowl concert. I wasn't looking for cheap, but I wasn't looking to pay a hefty resort or parking fee, The Dunes Inn on Sunset, had free parking, and was a pleasant walk to the Metro. There were plenty of moderately priced restaurants at the hotel and nearby. It was sparkling clean and the rooms were recently remodeled. The beds were amazing! We met the owner, John, in the parking lot, and he was a sweetheart! Our waitress in the motel coffee shop said that many employees had worked there for more than 20 years. The office manager gave us detailed instructions on how to get around, and let us use tap cards for the Metro, about three blocks away. We wandered Sunset up Vine, to Hollywood Blvd, enjoying the Walk of Stars,then down Western from the Metro stop, stopping for gourmet ice cream and a happy hour beer, then back to the motel for a rest. The metro took us two stops to Highland at the Chinese Theatre madness. We hopped a free (with metro pass) shuttle. Convenient, well-priced, friendly, comfortable!
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
Brad and Jill
"last minute getaway"
Last minute getaway. The hotel was clean - nothing special. The bed was fairly comfy and I'm pretty particular about clean and comfy. Not much in the amenities at the hotel, but is close to retail and food establishments. For coffee drinkers there is no coffee in the rooms. The hotel was easy to find and right off the freeway. Close to all the fun Hollywood things!
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Our night after the concert at the Hollywood Bowl"
The hotel is located close to the venue so a cab is cheap and convenient.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"Surprisingly nice"
The property was chosen for its locatio and price but ended up being comfortable, functional and clean. It is updated but is nothing fancy, which suited us for our quick trip.
Other trip May 25, 2015
happygrandma
"Perfect location for us"
Everything that we had planned for our L.A. trip was an easy drive from Dunes. The staff was kind and helpful. The room is not equipped with coffee maker or teapot. When we asked, not only were we given one, but we were loaned 2 ceramic cups from Dreams Cafe.
5 night family trip May 13, 2015
Mary Jane
"Would stay again"
No complaints; the room was clean, staff was friendly and accomodating.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"Stay at Dunes Sunset Inn"
I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. It was located conveniently for everything that I wanted to do while in Hollywood. The hotel was clean and quiet and the staff was friendly and helpful.
6 night trip Apr 14, 2015
Lance
"Location is good"
The receptionist didn't accept cash,which was very uncomfortable and weird!Had to go to the bank first But the hotel is really nice and the location is great! Walking distance to everything The rooms are pretty big and clean. They need to put more channels for the TV BUt overall it was good A little too pricey for the service
3 night trip Mar 30, 2015
"Great place for families"
We were unaware that there were 2 Dunes Inn hotels until we arrived at the Sunset Dunes. When we discovered there wasn't a pool, we asked if we could transfer our reservation to the Dune's Inn Wilshire and the clerk was very helpful. We had the grandkids with us so really wanted a pool. As it turned out, the Dunes on Wilshire was MUCH nicer, a much better neighborhood, and much quieter. We had adjoining rooms and I was very happy to see that my room had a nice little kitchen with a stove/oven, nice sink and a good size fridge with freezer. A nice grocery store was close by so we stocked up on breakfast and lunch items, and snacks for the kids. No breakfast was offered. We also had a microwave, but no coffee maker and I thought that was odd. They had a coffee vending machine and you could buy coffee for 50 cents. The hotel had undergone extensive renovations and was fresh and clean and updated. Our room smelled like fresh paint and new carpet, but was not offensive at all. The location was great and closer to where we needed to be anyway. The internet worked really well with no slowdowns or problems. The staff was great and very helpful. The pool could have been warmer, but the kids swam anyway. And I really enjoyed the covered parking. All in all, a great stay!
2 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
Cynthia
"Cost effective."
Clean room. Easy access to and from Hollywood locations.
Response by Dunes Inn Sunset
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment for us here at the Dunes Inn Sunset. We are happy you enjoyed you stay her at our hotel, we sincerely hope to see you again.
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
"Clean and Convenient"
Dunes Inn Sunset may look like just another older motel in Hollywood, but it's well worth the money to stay there. Located just a block from the entrance to Highway 170, the Dunes Inn is clean, quiet and has a lot of great conveneinces within a few blocks. Starbucks, 7-11 and several fast food-type restaurants are all within walking distance of the Dunes Inn. Parking is abundant and WiFi is free. The staff is friendly too! Rooms aren't huge, but they are clean.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"great room for the money"
It was a great price and a good room. Perfect for a Little last minute getaway. Clean and decent neighborhood
Response by Dunes Inn Sunset
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We are very proud of our property and pride ourselves on taking care of our guest;s needs. We sincerely hope you visit us again in the near future. Thank you again.
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Ashley
"just missing good tv channels"
Overall the hotel was great all that was missing was a microwave, and good tv channels
Response by Dunes Inn Sunset
Thank you for writing! We are glad you enjoyed your stay even though there weren't too many good TV channels. I will keep a note about your request and hopefully in the future, we will have a better channel guide provided. The microwave we have one in the lobby and primarily we have a restaurant so that's why we don't have microwave in the rooms. Looking forward to seeing you again and hope all is well!
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
horrible.dirty. hole in the wall where the air conditioner once was.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Great hotel for the price"
Excellent inexpensive motel conveniently located, decent restaurant offering 10% off for residents
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
Ernie
The location was great for everything we wanted to do in LA. Classic older motel in good condition for age if facility. It was quieter than expected. We used it as our launch pad for seeing the non-amusement park tourist activities. Enjoyed the smaller sized facility.
3 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Pleasantly sorprised."
I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean, the staff pleasant and helpful. The Dreams Cafe was great! Good food at great prices. Parking was adequate. I will stay here again without hesitation.
2 night trip with friends Jan 26, 2015
Rhona
"Great little stay"
Close to hollywood and fun things to do! Nice little stay clean and simple. Basic amenities would stay again!
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
samantha
"Price is good , 4 night is too long"
If I stay here for one or two night maybe have different experience , all good just not like home .
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"slow speed Internet service"
I was in the process of moving and living between two homes and surrounded by boxes. My Internet was out and I really need to get some work done so I decide to spend the night in the hotel room. This hotel is close to where I live and I figured I could go there early Sunday afternoon, work and then relax. The hotel advertised that they had Wi-Fi but that was not the case. It was in and out throughout the day and finally the Internet called it quit around midnight.mI was told by the front desk staff member that this happens quite often and the solution was to come to the lobby and do my work there. At midnight I was not about to grab my computer tablet phone and papers to go spread out in the lobby in my PJs.,he seemed mildly apologetic about it and said There was nothing he could do and that was that.
1 night trip Jan 4, 2015
Christopher
"Right off the Freeway"
Hotel is located right off the 101 Freeway. Very conveniently located to the Metro and Hollywood attractions. Unless you're very sensitive to noise, being next to Sunset Blvd isn't that bad. The surrounding area really isn't that much worse than anywhere in Southern California. It's not as glamorous as Beverly Hills, but you get what you pay for. Room was clean, didn't smell anything as some other reviews have suggested. I would stay here again the next time I'm visiting.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
"Inside job!!!! Watch out"
I didn't stay it was a mistake making the reservation. The last time I stayed their the owner have someone the key to my room without asking me. If coarse my room was trashed, and everything of value gone.
1 night business trip Jan 18, 2015
Travis
"Decent. No real wifi. A little funky."
Photo is a little misleading, the neighborhood is a bit grungy..ie, bullet proof glass at front desk. It's Hollywood though so it's really not an unsafe place for guests. Very convenient location with a Starbucks and a ton of fast food nearby if you're on a business trip and want something easy and fast. Most of the room had been remodeled--new fridge and TV. Surprisingly comfortable bed and pillows. Kind of a mismatch as the chairs and other furniture were very old. Wifi was pretty much unusable. Extremely slow. That's my biggest gripe. Sink area was recessed and only about the width of your body, would be tough for women wanting to do makeup or anything involving the sink. I found it a challenge just to shave. All in all I probably wouldn't stay here again unless I wanted something cheap and located on Sunset, which is what I was really looking for anyway. If you're traveling from out of state and on vacation I would invest a few more dollars for a more complete and welcoming hotel. This is a motel for sure, but does have some of that old Hollywood charm once you settle in.
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
"Nice Hotel, confortable, good location!"
The most important to me was that the room was confortable and clean and the hotel was really close to Hollywood and to the freeway.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
Alessandro
"Much improved Hotel"
I have been staying at the Dunes for about 15 years and they have had their up's and downs. The owners have made great improvements and I was impressed, the appliances all worked and were in like new condition, a new big screen TV on the wall that was HD, Great shower head. Overall greatly improved.
1 night trip Jan 5, 2015
"Family Vacation"
My stay was alright. The hotel was closed to almost every attraction. Walking distance to most of the attraction area. The reception was great and the receptionist briefed me about everything including where to get meal, taxis and he even gave me a map and book to learn about Los Angeles. I think I will lounge in this hotel again.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Franklyn
"Hollywood area inn for a lower cost"
Good location for a sightseeing at Hollywood sights. Lots of parking space.
4 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
Jon
"Have Bed Bugs!!!"
Chidren got but bit terribly by bed bugs. Hotel don't return my call & Expedia gives me no response & continues rejecting my survey. Taking further actions!!
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Reyna
"They have bed bugs"
Got bit on ankles, legs, arms and back by Bed Bugs!! A hotel staff wouldn't hear of it which refused to say who he was & who i was leaving a message to, since"they don't give out names" Haven't got a call back. Expedia, no reply aswell. Never using this site again!!!
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Reyna
Room was very basic but I knew that when I booked it. The shampoo was very cheap so I would recommend bringing your own if that is a big deal to you. The heater continually made a really loud noise after 3 minutes of turning it on, so I had to turn it off. Again, very basic but it was clean and I didn't have any 'major' problems.
3 night family trip Dec 17, 2014
Karli
"Okay room"
Felt humid and stuffy inside. The bed sheets had blood stains on them.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
Joanne
Stayed for 5 days. Needed a place close to the television studios where I had tickets to attend tapings and to attend some comedy shows. UCB (Upright Citizens Brigade) is just 5 min down the street. Also did the Warner Bros studio tour. Location is great, about 10-20 min driving to all the places I needed to be. PROS: Parking is FREE, flat screen tv, fridge, hair dryer, WiFi, and onsite restaurant. Great Location: There is a gas station next to the hotel, a grocery store down the street, and Home Depot across the street. CONS: If your are light sleeper, bring your ear plugs for the noisy garbage truck in the morning and for the A/C box -- the fan is louder than most. Tip: let it run while you are gone and turn it off when you sleep. I don't know why, but they use a cloth shower curtain, it should be plastic, and if you forget to tuck it inside the tub, the floor will get wet. Also, the WiFi is not secure even though password protected. It is slow in the evenings when there is high usage, daytime is good. Overall, if you want a clean, decent amenities and a place to park your car for FREE, this is a good place. There is room for improvement but it satisfied my needs and my budget. The hotel and restaurant staff were all friendly and pleasant to talk with too.
4 night trip Dec 1, 2014
"Very Good Hotel"
Was very good experience. Was given what they promised. More worthy than what I paid.
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
Mohammed Z
"great location"
great location, great price. would stay here again if doing anything on Sunset in the future
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
gregory
"It was OK"
My friends and I had a relatively good experience at this hotel. The parking lot was full and they coned off an area for us to park, the people in the lobby were friendly and seemed like they were willing to go above and beyond for their customers. The only issue we had was that when we came back to the hotel to sleep at 3 am, there was some sort of commotion outside- some people were yelling and a friend of mine peeked out and said that it looked like a lady was also offering her services. So the area isn't the best. This isn't the hotel's fault- maybe they just need to have someone walk around every now and then to make sure that peolple aren't being disturbed. Also, I was charged $50 as "a deposit" but as far as I remember, I didn't sign off on any charge. I was pretty unhappy about that. I was told that the charge should disappear from my bank account but last I checked it was still there. As long as it does disappear, I have no issue with it past the momentary annoyance.
1 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2014
Karla
"basic hotel"
Quick one night stay not far from Universal Studios room was small really basic overall ok for the price if I had another option I would opt out from staying here
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
ileana
"Clean and comfortable room."
Room was very clean and comfortable. However, Sunset Blvd. is noisy day and night.
6 night trip Oct 16, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
Hotel was just ok. Would we stay here again? Probably not. We did get what we paid for ( just an ok room). One complaint though we put out the do not disturb sign cause we didn't want the room entered while we were gone. When we returned to the room a few hours later the maids took off the sign and entered anyways. Gentleman at the desk when we checked in was very nice & wanted to make sure that we would have a good stay. Location was close to a lot (Universal, Hollywood Blvd, Pinks, Griffith Park, Santa Monica Blvd) but the surrounding neighborhood was not all that great.
2 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Mike & Tracy
"I would stay again"
Pleasant staff. Clean, comfortable, remodeled room. Lots of towels! Convenient parking and nice restaurant on site. Everything I needed. Kinda sketchy neighborhood, but that's why it's inexpensive. I would stay again.
1 night business trip Oct 10, 2014
Rungthip
"clean but expensive"
had to stay last minute in a hotel for an early doctors appointment the next morning. Hotel was clean and office personnel was very friendly. Rooms very small and expensive for the size
1 night family trip Oct 6, 2014
ELIZABETH
"Room condition"
The carpets were absolutely disgusting your feet would be black just by walking across the room. Lighting made no sense-switches for lights were located in very awkward places over across room. Wireless connection very sketchy.
1 night romance trip Oct 2, 2014
"As usual...a great getaway."
Great hotel every time I stay
1 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
Eddie
I booked my room two weeks in advanced it never asked me if i wanted a handycaped room they gave me a handycaped one i went to the office and requested to get a different room the clerk said that that was the last room they had i keept on seing more people checking inn all day long
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
Magdaleno
"It's good"
This hotel is work it for the price that we paid
1 night trip Sep 17, 2014
Diana
"Will do in a pinch"
Staff was very friendly and nice, however, Wifi didn't work after 9pm due to "high traffic" according to staff. Air conditioner was very close to the bed above the bed on right side of the bed and blew right on top of my head. Cannot adjust temperature, only had "high cool, low cool, fan and heat" settings. When on high or low cool, got way too cold blowing on top of you. I woke up freezing and with a sore throat in the middle of the night. Tried to do just "fan" however, it was 80 degrees out at night, so then it got too hot. Had to go back to low cool and try and shield my head with pillows and covers. Could not adjust the direction of the air either. Love that they have a fridge and parking and it was quiet.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"Great Location, little expensive"
Needed to attend a TV show, this hotel was in a great location. Manager way way more than helpful and room was clean and comfortable. For what I needed, this hotel was perfect. Price was a little high, but considering location, not bad at all.
1 night trip Sep 2, 2014
Bob Pixler
The staff that we dealt with were incredible and would definitely stay there again.
3 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2014