All hotels in Los Angeles, California, United States of America
4300 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, 90010, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.7
Although the location of the hotel is within proximity to the city, the ambiance & cleanliness is important to guests & customers as well. The facility could use a little more maintenance, cleanliness, & order. The carpets in the facility needs to cleaned or changed since it makes the rooms looks dirty & smelly.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
Rose
"very clean"
The employees were all so nice and helpful, i definitely will be staying at this property again in the near future.
3 night business trip Jul 13, 2014
Sean
"the"
the bathroom is updated and cleaned, but the carpet is hold and dirty, AC unit does not work well, TV outdated.
jan
"Hotel close to our destination"
This hotel was way cheaper than any other in this area. That is the reason people stay there. The hotel is dated. They still use real keys and check out the tv remote when you check in. The rooms were clean but old. Small old tv's, carpet, and linens. The bathroom had been updated but nothing too nice. The pool was pretty nice and was clean. It was a quiet place to sleep. We really had no problems with the hotel other than it seemed a little dingy.
Response by Dunes Inn Wilshire
Thank you for writing the review! I am happy to hear the hotel was clean and you had no issues while staying. I realize the physical appearance is not 2014, but good news is we are in the process of updating so perhaps next time when you come by, you can experience the newer version of Dunes Inn.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
Marcus
"was just to sleep for one night"
was just to sleep for one night. the room was clean and the room served it's purpose.
Response by Dunes Inn Wilshire
Thank you for submitting your review. We appreciate your feedback and we are glad the room was satisfactory to your standards. Cleanliness is our top priority and we look forward to seeing you again.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Great staff, quiet and clean rooms
1 night trip May 28, 2014
Old school hotel east of Hollywood Not the best ever Uses old key rather then the new key cards. Shower was unable to adjust the head and just shoots where it is set at. Tv was old school not HD and they give you the remote at the front desk. Smelled like old Vegas smokey hotel. Only stayed the night.
1 night business trip May 23, 2014
EKW
"Perfect location for weho"
A great location for a simply night sleep for a weho getaway
2 night trip May 16, 2014
Ton3s
"Yuck!"
Not Clean, No Wireless Internet, I wore flip flops rather that walk on the carpets
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Los Angeles"
It's a good place to stay. Very close to main LA tourist attractions in a very safe area. The hotel recieptionist was very friendly and helpful and the room also was very clean with free high speed internet. I'll definitely visit the place next time. Thumbs up
Other trip May 12, 2014
Reza
"Noisy hotel with courtyard and windows facing it."
Would not recommend it. Slightly overpriced, but that is normal in LA.
1 night trip May 8, 2014
"Not worthy"
Cost is high. But the facilities are not upto the level they have been charged. Hotel even not provided any break fast. The good thing about the hotel is the "staff response". Otherwise not worty for the money we spend.
Other trip May 9, 2014
"Yuck"
It was hot. The air conditioner was right next to the bed so couldn't leave it on for long. Couldn't let in fresh air. No screens on windows so bugs flew in. Miserable. The bed was comfortable, but the bedspread appeared to be decades old and was ripped and thread bare. The carpeting, also decades old, had cigarette burns and was stained dark from foot travel. Really gross. The location was perfect for my needs. New carpeting and paint would help.....
4 night trip Apr 28, 2014
Shelley
Great stay, did everything I need to while staying there. The carpet should definitely be cleaned!!!! Our bathroom was newly remodeled which was nice, the bed was comfortable and we had an awesome view of downtown LA.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Mel
"Not too far from all the business of Hollywood"
This hotel was busy when we got there but we checked in very quickly. The staff was friendly. The room was clean & I was surprised by how quiet it was. Old carpet. No in room coffee maker :-(
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
T
"Ok cheap hotel!"
Its a cheap hotel so don't complain so much! U get what u pay for!
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
gustavo
"Just the basics"
Furniture is a bit older and the amenities are simple, but the room was comfortable, the service was friendly, and the property looks clean and well cared for. The flat, limp pillows were due for replacement though.
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"OK"
Good to stay at if you plan on being out a lot. Area was good for the price. Room was in ok shape. Not sure if I'd recommend or stay again.
7 night trip with friends Apr 9, 2014
Tori
The front desk clerks are very nice. The hotel very clean old fashioned though needs some redecorating. The room I was given #203 was pretty much clean but needs upgrades and seriously needs a carpet cleaning. The carpet was really bad total opposite to the rest of the room.
2 night business trip Apr 8, 2014
Cristina
"Terrible hotel"
I think it's very expensive and very bad hotel. No room for parking lot, room dirty and uncomfortable and the staff is uneducated
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Very good but pretty old properties, the staff are nice and very cooperative
5 night trip Apr 4, 2014
"Very Nice !"
Great place ! I would book again !
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2014
"Great area, good price, older hotel"
Parking can get a little sketchy so get there early and claim your spot. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Meghan
"Owner's Very Nice"
Room small and old looking & smelling no clock, had to get a remote from front desk, old tube TV, walls need to be fixed and painted, rugs need to be replaced, Air Conditioner was over door and you had to stand on a old chair to change settings. But the people that worked there were nice.
1 night business trip Mar 29, 2014
Please Read
My stay was nice
5 night business trip Mar 20, 2014
"Great Hancock Park location."
Staff is nice, especially Victor, but wish you could talk to them without yelling through ghetto security glass. Location makes it an easy hike to Beverly Hills or downtown L.A. Good bed. Tight parking spaces difficult when hotel is full.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Good Hotel for good price."
Staff was very helpful in getting us what we need, even though it was different than original reservations.
Other trip Feb 5, 2014
"It was cool"
No heat, someone was suppose to fix it but never did.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
marcus
"very old"
cheap price for cheap motel. it has gas heater in the room right next to refrigerator, carpet is worn out,
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
"DECEIVING!"
Booked the room online, the pictures looked desent. Parking was a nightmare! The guy who checked us in was very nice. We got into the room and IT WAS DISGUSTING! Looked no where near as clean as the pictures online! The carpets were so dirty I refused to take my shoes off. I realize it's an old place but OMG, carpet cleaning!!!! We ended up leaving 5 hours after we got there! TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!!!!
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
It was horrible. I was supposed to stay two days, however, becuase of the condition of the hotel, I checked out after the first day. The carpet looked horrible and smelled horrible. We arrived at the hotel around 8p.m. and asked for extra blanket and we were told that there is no maid service. In my opionion the place is really not a hotel, it is an old apartment.
2 night business trip Dec 20, 2013
"time for the wrecking ball"
i like the location. its about 4 1/2 miles east of Beverly hills and a little east of la brea tar pits. i found the employees to be cool and got along well with some .i cant say good things about the rooms I stayed inn . there comes a time in a motels life when the wrecking ball is needed . the third floor squeaks loud when walking in the rooms. so if youre on the second floor you get to hear the people on the floor above you walking . it got so bad i had to move to the third floor. the rugs are gross. really dirty and had to wear my sandals all the time . over . the rooms are over priced and payed more then i should of. i guess they charge so much because of the location. i recommend this place because the very good staff and location. no microwave in the room but they have 2 by the pool and have refrigarators in the rooms.
3 night trip Dec 8, 2013
motel guy
Forgot my USB charger came back to ask and he said no one turn in.
1 night business trip Dec 7, 2013
"Convenient location"
Overall a satisfactory experience. It's comfortable but rather outdated. If you're looking for a place that takes you back to the 70's then it's for you! My room had a great kitchenette with stove, microwave and fridge. The bed was comfortable. I had to unplug the phone as it kept making a ticking noise. The staff was very friendly. The parking spaces are tiny but free :-) I enjoyed my 2 nights there. There is even a Trader Joes just down the street :-)
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
"In Korea Town, scary to go out at night alone"
Room smelled like smoke/hooka. Carpet was stained and windows had window units..bad sign for a hotel. TV had no channels but Korean channels. Hotel staff was rude. Double charged my card even though I told them I paid on Expedia. DO NOT STAY HERE.
Other trip Nov 22, 2013
Mylee
"Badly in need of upgrade"
The room condition was bearable, but with the noise from late night partiers, smoke drifting down the hallway from people smoking near the pool, and the slow, paper-based check-in/check-out service, the experience was pretty terrible. We had originally booked the hotel room to avoid inconveniencing my parents with too many overnight guests, but decided to sleep on the floor in their living room rather than spend both nights at the hotel.
2 night trip Oct 25, 2013
"Good place not very good service"
The place was good no problems at all but the front desk service is not the best in 4 days i saw like 6 different people and u have to explain everyone of them something already explained to the others. There was an asiatic guy with not a very good attitude and service i think if he is the owner or worker needs to improve, the other guys seems to be improving and learning. The place is clean the price is good, rooms are good size
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
"in town for seminar"
Lovely! Carpet needs to be replaced because it is old and faded...BUT the place was IMMACULATE!! Very clean and the staff was wonderful!!! I will stay there again!!
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
Would not rebook this location
1 night trip Sep 18, 2013
"Needs update but clean and convenient."
This is a cool old hotel definitely in need of a renovation. Front desk was always helpful and pool was clean and warm. Rooms are basic but clean. Location is central but not too much nearby. Only thing I would change is tv programming.
2 night business trip Sep 6, 2013
Xan
The hotel was good enough bed was comfortable, the only thing I didnt like was they charged my card 105 for misc expenses without telling me before that would have been nice to let me know they where blocking that much money in my account.
2 night trip Aug 7, 2013
"Yuck"
Old motel, needs to upgrade ASAP!
1 night business trip Aug 7, 2013
Roxana
"Nice hotel, close to everywhere"
If you're looking for a small place to just crash this place ain't bad except the scent is really bad. Hate it. Smells like idk I can't even describe it. It needs to be scented better that's all
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
krispy
The carpets are in desperate need of cleaning. The room smelled of dirty feet. Otherwise clean.
2 night trip Jul 23, 2013
"OLD SCHOOL Beware Hotel still stuck in the 70`s"
This place was dirty smelly and LOUD The carpet had weird stains that fallowed by some truly weird smell. It took me nearly 35 mins to check in I way over paid for this room . The ac smelled like urine. No coffee at all not in the room nor the hotel. TV`s are super old I will not come again .
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2013
NOT HAPPY
"Ok. Satisfactory"
Good in a pinch. Close to convention center. . Nice people. Quiet.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
h.
"Outrageous price for motel 6"
The price for this run down old motel 6 type motel Was outrageous The heat unit was so old & sounded like a 747 landing Chunks out of wall - stained lamp shades Awful
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2013
Motel 6 feel and look but overall pretty clean with comfortable beds and a clean bathroom. I would stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Jun 8, 2013
"Old"
Room very outdated carpet had burn marks from iron no maid service the first day. Pool shut down next day office said up in couple of hours. Next morning they were filling it. Office staff not friendly . No blow dryer in room had to go to office for iron and hair dryer.
Other trip May 25, 2013
mary
"Par for the course"
Although the staff is friendly the hotel overall is par for the course. Location: Although on Wilshire Blvd it is not in walking distance of any restaurants or shops. Room: the room I stayed in was outdated 80s decor. Very drab & dark. They provide a dorm fridge but if you need to use a microwave or want coffee they both are located outside the main office beside a soda machine. If I did not have a last minute fopaux I would not have stayed here. I guess you get what you pay for.
2 night trip Apr 24, 2013