All hotels in Mammoth Lakes, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here50 Hillside Dr, Po Box 388, Mammoth Lakes, CA, 93546, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Relaxing place off season"
Very relaxing off season and the Mexican restaurant in the village was wonderful.
1 night romance trip Jun 3, 2015
"Excellence"
Room was great and the beds for a very very comfortable and personnel were very helpful and friendly.
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
"quiet summer getaway"
Nice rooms and great smoothies. Loved the hot tub and pool, only wish we had more time.
1 night romance trip May 28, 2015
"Thank you Westin Monache Resort!"
Loved staying at the Westin!! The service was fabulous. We had an excellent restaurant suggestion by the gentleman who valeted our car (I really wish I had gotten his name because his service was exceptional!). He recommended 53 Kitchen & Cocktails which was just a short stroll down the hill. We went there for dinner and again for breakfast - it was excellent (especially the burgers)!! We also utilized the hot tubs and the in-room dining and were very happy with both. It was a wonderful birthday weekend! We will definitely be staying there again.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Megan
Staff was super friendly and the food is good. Great location to skiing, restaurants, shops. Didn't have a bad meal anywhere. Would go again.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
Tracey
"Top notch resort"
Hotel staffs are extremely friendly and kind The location is just perfect, so close to Gondola There is a barbecue grill and a swimming pool
3 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
young
"Great place for a family"
Nice room, confortable and updated. Studio is a bit small for a family of four (two adults and two kids) so I will go for a one bedroom next time.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
fabiane
"Nice but you pay for it."
Hotel was nice.. Just overpriced. Choices in high end hotels in Mammoth are limited but for my budeget this is an expensive property. Bed was very comfy and the room was nice. I dn't think you be disappointed.
2 night trip with friends Mar 4, 2015
joe
We were greeted by friendly staff and a glass of champagne. Wonderful experience!
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
"Great location, great service"
If you want hotel amenities and be in the village, no other place even comes close. We will definitely be staying only here if we come to MM again. The kitchenette is a huge bonus, rooms are very nice --- all around an excellent experience.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
"Beautiful property, great getaway!"
We are a family of four with one skier. We flew from San Diego to save drive time. The hotel is beautiful! The village is steps away with shops and activities. Great relaxing family environment. The sofa bed is small for two teens and a king bed for us; so the room was tight for four people. Ski equipment rentals on site, pricey but so worth it. The staff was patient and helpful. We would come back again.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Eileen
"Great hotel with many useful perks!"
We decided to stay at the Westin because our friends were booked there. We are so glad we did! The lobby is well appointed and welcoming. Complimentary hot chocolate (and sparkling wine!) was enormously appreciated at check-in. We were quickly settled in our room. Kids corner is not big but the kids really enjoyed all the different activities offered there. The rates were reasonable. The only complaint is that food is not allowed at Kids Corner. We had a problem with our in-room refrigerator. It wasn't working properly and the food we brought went bad. The manager, Matthew, was very sensitive to our plight and settled our complaint in a very concerned and appropriate way. We loved having use of the Westin shuttle for dining and shopping ventures. It made everything very convenient. It even picked us up at the bottom of the Canyon gondola and drove us to the hotel entrance, to save us a trip up several flights of stairs at the end of a long day! The food at Whitebark Restaurant, while not inexpensive, was very good.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Great hotel across from Mammoth gondola"
Across the street from the gondola, Mammoth village with restaurants, shops, general store. Convenient access to the slopes and no real need for a car. The brewing company restaurant/bar was a short walk down the street. Views from either side of the hotel were nice - but the view of the mountain was the best.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
It's a great hotel with all of the amenities. Great location too.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"Great Hotel for Family Ski Trip"
We have become regulars of the Westin Monache. Pull up from a long drive and they take care of everything. Kids, dog, wife and I are in heaven. Its a real value.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for your continued support. I am happy to read the staff takes such good care of you and the family. We anxiously await your next visit. Be Well! Patrick General Manager
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"The daily "RESORT FEE" was totally UNEXPECTED!"
Didn't like being ambushed with the daily "RESORT FEE". Too late to make other arrangements at that point. :( What was worse was having the maid refer me to the front desk for permission to give me a roll of toilet paper and a bar of soap for our room. REALLY? And, to that point, the front desk staff we encountered during our four day stay were never welcoming or friendly. (The rest of the staff were quite nice though) The hotel IS nice however, and is very convenient to The Village (shops, Starbucks, restaurants, etc) and the Red Line Bus running to the ski lodge.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
I apologize for the feeling of unhelpfulness; our staff is trained to be exceptionally helpful. I have brought your comment to the Director of Front Desk. Not sure what you are referring to concerning the resort fee. The resort fee is described on the front page of our website; it is shown in the confirmation email and it is under terms in the reservation section. We certainly do not hide it and we try not to surprise anyone. Be Well! Patrick General Manager
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to the square and gondola"
Clean, Nice location and staff. Very good food downstairs. Rooms are huge and comfy.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for choosing the Westin and for the very nice review.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Alex
"incredible! Relaxing!"
We really enjoyed our stay at the Westin. The hotel is beautiful and clean and the staff was very friendly. We will definitely come again!
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Susanne H
"Lux Location in the Sierras"
We were in town for the art/music festival which was practically across the street. The hotel is also just up from the gondola and the Village so once your there you don't need your car. The place is very well maintained given that its a ski resort, and a little fancier than I expected. The room had a great view, was big and very comfortable, with a nice little kitchenette. The restaurant was also very good with interesting selections and great service.
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2014
"Good hotel, great happy hour, awful resort fee"
Hotel was along our Honeymoon journey. Good room and neighborhood. Awesome happy hour at hotel bar! Resort fee is awful!!!!!
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for choosing the Westin. I am happy to read you enjoyed your experience! Congrats on your wedding! Be Well! Patrick General Manager
1 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
"Really bad!"
The reason why I book this hotel is it very close to yosemite national park, so I can stay for a nite after visiting the national park and continue my way to las vegas. But no one mentions the 120 way is closed, if I wants to gets to the hotel I have to spend another 5 hours. It is impoosible for me to gets there. Hotel staffs are horrible, I called them around 4 pm and they said sir, we cant cancel reservation, you can still gets here, its only takes 6 to 7 hours. It is a horrible experience and I will never choose westin again!!!!
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Jason, I am sorry you were unaware the route you planned to drive was closed. I would expect if you are taking a trip to the Eastern Sierra Mountains, in winter, that would be something you research. We have people coming from all over California, the West Coast and the Nation. If anyone asks us about their route we absolutely give them any and all information. We have several types of reservations you can cancel, you choose a non-cancelable. I am not certain why poor planning on your part equals a terrible experience by the property. Be Well! Patrick General Manager
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"Looks Good, but Looks can be deceiving"
We had issues with the heat, the noise in the room, and the brown water we could not use to wash or brush our teeth.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
I apologize for your experience; it certainly wasn’t in line with the Westin Brand. The heat is something we can control, assuming you called we should have been able to resolve or move rooms. The brown water was an external issue. The city water line broke and therefore clean water was not being supplied to the property. I again apologize, even though we could not control we could have asked if there was any assistance we could provide. We were providing bottled water to guests and should have come to your door. We should have communicated better to you. Sincere apologies! Patrick General Manager
1 night romance trip Nov 23, 2014
Ross
"awesome trip"
excellent
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for choosing the Westin. I am happy to read you enjoyed your experience! Be Well! Patrick General Manager Write your comment.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Darryl
"Convenient, Close and Walking Distance"
convenient to shopping and food areas. great spot for skiers.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for choosing the Westin. I am happy to read you enjoyed your experience! It is snowing right now; you need to come back up! Be Well! Patrick General Manager
2 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Deanna
"Quiet, well-appointed and beautiful"
We stayed one night as part of a road trip. We were visiting the area for the first time. The hotel was gorgeous. Our room included a gas fireplace, small kitchenette with dishwasher, and a cozy windowsill seat to sit in to read or enjoy the view of the pines and mountains. The staff was friendly and helpful. We felt quite welcome during our "shoulder season" stay. I highly recommend this hotel.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for choosing the Westin and your recommendation. I am happy to read you enjoyed your experience! Be Well! Patrick General Manager
1 night trip Oct 19, 2014
TAD
Our stay at the Westin was perfect. We stayed during the week and couldn't of had a better time in Mammoth and the Hotel. The Hotel was beautiful we enjoyed everything about it. The small kitchen and fridge were awesome. Loved the fireplace and how comfortable the room was. Pet friendly and parking was very convenient. This was by far the best experience I've ever had at a Hotel. I can't believe some of the complaints coming from some people about the Westin. What planet do some of you guys live on!? Some people must have a hard time living life reading some of the things that were complained about.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for choosing the Westin and your recommendation. I am happy to read you enjoyed your experience! Frank, this was my favorite review; thanks for the laugh! Be Well! Patrick General Manager
2 night romance trip Oct 20, 2014
Welcoming and helpful staff. Was able to check in early and check out late. Accommodated extra requests. Would recommend this hotel and definitely stay there again.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for choosing the Westin and your recommendation. I am happy to read you enjoyed your experience! We all look forward to your return. Be Well! Patrick General Manager
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Noisy room because of refrigerator or air conditioning humming. Could not control climate. Room was too warm. All surcharges and taxes nudge the experience into the "too expensive" category.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Beautiful but with some disappointments."
We were given a n accessable room which really helped with using my mobility scooter. The room was beautiful, and included a kitchenette with eveything you could ask for but no oven ( no problem). It even had a dishwasher, and great granite counters. Unfortunately, while the seating looked great, it was not all that comfortable, a common problem in the travel and hospitality business. Staff was very nice. The greatest problem was that our room (208) had a door in the kitchenette leading to a major hvac unit that ran almost constantly, and was very noisy. This was extremely poor design on the part of the architect. My wife got only 3-4 hrs. Sleep each night. We heard no other guests from our room. The tv reception was almost all analog, so watching NFL football was very poor. Westin mgt. needs to get Directv or cable for guests. One would expect this from a high end hotel. In short, don't stay in room 208.
3 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
Philip
"Great central location at Village"
Nicely appointed room, good condition, very comfortable bed.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for choosing the Westin. I am happy to read you enjoyed your experience! We all look forward to your return. Be Well! Patrick General Manager
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"Location is hard to find."
Room was not cleaned. Returned late and nobody had cleaned the room or refreshed with clean towels. Since it is pet-friendly, there were barking dogs in the hall. If you have allergies this is not a hotel for you. As we were informed later, they only have 6 rooms that are pet-free, but you must ask for them ahead of time.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"Awesome front desk staff!!"
We had been staying in a condo for a few days and wanted to extend our time in the area. I went online and reserved a room. Check-out at the condo was 10 am and check-in should have been 3pm. We decided to just go see what they would say regarding early check-in and worst case scenario, just Bell Check some of our luggage and go fishing until later in the day. Well, they were wonderful and gave us our room at 9:30 am and helped us upgrade to a little larger room. The pool was closed for maintenance, but they arranged an alternative and even moved us away from the noise. The room was large, comfortable, pretty view and the AC was a welcomed extra. We got to explore the Village, do some fishing, rest and head out for a celebratory dinner all before 5pm. The early access to our room was a real blessing and added a bunch of R&R to our day.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for choosing the Westin. I am happy to read you enjoyed your experience! We all look forward to your return. Sorry for the pool issue; I am happy you were able to enjoy the village pool. Be Well! Patrick General Manager
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
A few things were not working as I would like. But it's shoulder season, so the hotel needs to cut some amenities to save on costs. In the winter, I really like staying here.
2 night trip Sep 11, 2014
joe
"Needed Getaway"
The stay was great. Everything was nice and the staff was friendly. Clean Hotel and rooms. I do not agree with the 25 dollar plus resort fee and they throw in an additiinal 1$ for business fee per day. I would definitely stay there again.
3 night trip Sep 7, 2014
"Luxury in the Pines"
The hotel was very nice, the service great... enjoyed the pool & bar, loved the room and kitchen. which we used a lot as we were traveling with toddlers. A very good value, but we were there at the start of the low season, so I wouldn't expect to get a better deal at another time of the year. I've been going to Mammoth for almost 40 years, and this is the nicest place I've found (coning from a middle-class dude, not a sheikh). I look forward to going back. Only hassle is the parking is underground, so if you have a high vehicle you;'re out of luck. Also, if you drive a truck like I do (or an SUV etc,), maneuvering into the spots takes some care and patience. Small price to pay for the venue, though.
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2014
Joshua
"Can't beat this hotel anywhere in Mammoth"
The hotel is pet friendly, offers free valet, staff is very friendly, and is in a really convenient location for mammoth (right by the slopes! =]) Our room was very spacious, we had our own mini-living room, as well as a mini bed by the window that we could lay on! The only thing I wish they had is a bigger / more spacious spa (maybe even in-room options?) for a day after hitting the slopes. We loved our stay here and will definitely consider this our top choice when returning to Mammoth!
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Arthur Nen
"Great place and accomodations! Loved it as usual!"
We had a king suite which was outfitted with all the amenities of a normal kitchen with all the extras...dishes, blender, toaster, etc. The room was very clean and comfortable and had a nice gas fireplace and reading nook near the window. Rooms were quite and the room service was timely and delicious. I didn't realize it until I got there but Westin will actually provide you with work-out clothes and shoes for $5 and you get to keep the socks! Great place as usual.
2 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
Stevens
"Excellent place"
This hotel was amazing, great rooms with great furniture. We had a delux room that had almost everything you can imagine in a kitchen. Very well equipped and very clean.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Great room. Staff very nice. The only issue was the mini fridge was so loud we had to turn it off to sleep.
1 night business trip Aug 25, 2014
"Sweet but Dude where's my car?"
We stayed at this place in late summer, and the value was awesome. The only complaint (admittedly a lame but annoying one) we could come up with was that the elevator floors are marked in a very confusing way. "LL" is a parking level? "P1" is the SECOND parking level?? Your room is 132, it is not on floor 1. It is on "ML". Label the floors P3, P2, P1, L1, 2, 3, and you are right as rain. Other than that, the place is perfect.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2014
Dirty
"Great central location"
Great hotel and staff are very friendly. Lots of summer activities.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"Beautiful and comfortable"
The staff was very attentive, the facility is very nice and clean. Having the kitchenette is well worth it. The equipment is updated and you have your basic necessities. Stayed 3 nights but could have stayed longer. The room is cozy, but since the outdoors is amazingly beautiful we didn't mind that it was a bit small.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
mother of 3
"Fabulous place to stay"
We will definitely return for a longer visit. Room was comfy, restaurant was not only friendly but the food was just delicious! We had a little reading nook by the window which just added to the quaintness of the room. We didn't use the fireplace as it was summer but in the winter with snow out I am sure that would be an added pleasure! The view from our room was extraordinary!
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Janet
"Great location, excellent rooms."
The hotel all around was just first class. Apart from top class rooms, pool and other facilities the staff were very helpful. we wanted to get to a restaurant a couple of miles away so they took us in a shuttle and came back to pick us up when we finished. It's also opposite the gondola for the skiers.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Norry
"Wish we had 1 more night."
We booked for one night, studio with view. It was perfect! Can't wait until winter.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
mark
"Annual Mammoth Trip"
We have been to Mammoth many times and the Westin is the nicest hotel in town. Much quieter than the Village but close enough to walk, shop & eat. Rooms have everything & very nice.
3 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
"Very nice."
Beautiful hotel. Close to eating establishments and free shuttle and bus services. I will return to this hotel again.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Jan
"Very Nice Hotel......"
Great Location..... located next to a nice shopping village..... gorgeous surroundings....... Hotel was comfortable....... Rooms equipped with mini-kitchens which was very convenient...... Parking was tight making it somewhat challenging to find a spot...... Room seemed to have too much furniture since it was designed to resemble a studio apt..... Overall though, it was very nice & I would definitely stay there again......
3 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
"Great location, beautiful hotel"
This is a great hotel. It is in a beautiful and convent location. The service is excellent. Our room was great and the bed was very comfortable. The swimming pool set amount the pine trees was gorgeous. It is also handicap accessible. The food and bar are pricey.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2014
Pauline Beauchamp
We had a comfortable stay. Would return again. Very convenient location. Had a great hike to Rainbow Falls and found some amazing hot springs.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014