All hotels in Mammoth Lakes, California, United States of America
50 Hillside Dr, Po Box 388, Mammoth Lakes, CA, 93546, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Sweet but Dude where's my car?"
We stayed at this place in late summer, and the value was awesome. The only complaint (admittedly a lame but annoying one) we could come up with was that the elevator floors are marked in a very confusing way. "LL" is a parking level? "P1" is the SECOND parking level?? Your room is 132, it is not on floor 1. It is on "ML". Label the floors P3, P2, P1, L1, 2, 3, and you are right as rain. Other than that, the place is perfect.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2014
Dirty
"Great central location"
Great hotel and staff are very friendly. Lots of summer activities.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"Beautiful and comfortable"
The staff was very attentive, the facility is very nice and clean. Having the kitchenette is well worth it. The equipment is updated and you have your basic necessities. Stayed 3 nights but could have stayed longer. The room is cozy, but since the outdoors is amazingly beautiful we didn't mind that it was a bit small.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
mother of 3
"Fabulous place to stay"
We will definitely return for a longer visit. Room was comfy, restaurant was not only friendly but the food was just delicious! We had a little reading nook by the window which just added to the quaintness of the room. We didn't use the fireplace as it was summer but in the winter with snow out I am sure that would be an added pleasure! The view from our room was extraordinary!
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Janet
"Great location, excellent rooms."
The hotel all around was just first class. Apart from top class rooms, pool and other facilities the staff were very helpful. we wanted to get to a restaurant a couple of miles away so they took us in a shuttle and came back to pick us up when we finished. It's also opposite the gondola for the skiers.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Norry
"Wish we had 1 more night."
We booked for one night, studio with view. It was perfect! Can't wait until winter.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
mark
"Annual Mammoth Trip"
We have been to Mammoth many times and the Westin is the nicest hotel in town. Much quieter than the Village but close enough to walk, shop & eat. Rooms have everything & very nice.
3 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
"Very nice."
Beautiful hotel. Close to eating establishments and free shuttle and bus services. I will return to this hotel again.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Jan
"Very Nice Hotel......"
Great Location..... located next to a nice shopping village..... gorgeous surroundings....... Hotel was comfortable....... Rooms equipped with mini-kitchens which was very convenient...... Parking was tight making it somewhat challenging to find a spot...... Room seemed to have too much furniture since it was designed to resemble a studio apt..... Overall though, it was very nice & I would definitely stay there again......
3 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
"Great location, beautiful hotel"
This is a great hotel. It is in a beautiful and convent location. The service is excellent. Our room was great and the bed was very comfortable. The swimming pool set amount the pine trees was gorgeous. It is also handicap accessible. The food and bar are pricey.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2014
Pauline Beauchamp
We had a comfortable stay. Would return again. Very convenient location. Had a great hike to Rainbow Falls and found some amazing hot springs.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Rooms well appointed, but bed was uncomfortable. Food quite expensive.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
"Highly recommend!"
Beautiful hotel, clean room, convenient location, polite and more than helpful staff, spacious room that was luxurious with gas fireplace and window overlooking beautiful pool. Easy parking. Can't wait to go back!!
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
julie
"Excellent Hotel!"
Wife & I had a 3 night stay. Staff was excellent. Especially the Valet crew. It was our first time in Mammoth. They easily answered our questions about the area. Hotel is located next to Mammoth Village Center. Had dinner at their restaurant. It was a little pricey but that's the price you pay at a quality restaurant. Only one small complaint- the small refrigerator was a little noisy.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for choosing the Westin Monache, and for writing this very nice review. Our luggage attendants & valet staff are very dedicated; they’re the best in town. Sorry about the refrigerators, we are switching out with newer models to alleviate this issue. We all look forward to your next stay. Be Well! Patrick
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Lou
"A little paradise on Earth"
Best hotel experience I've had - very friendly staff - only negative was the hotel restaurant had lost its sushi chefs and served mashed potatoes instead of white rice with the lone sushi dish - go figure. Everything else was perfect
6 night family trip Jul 5, 2014
"excellent place to stay"
beautiful hotel
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for choosing the Westin! We all look forward to your next visist. Patrick General Manager
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Hotel was very nice definitely worth the money. Hotel workers were very friendly, gave us recommendations on fishing locations. Hotel restaurant a bit pricey for what you get.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Genette
"Close to everything, without all the noise."
Wonderful time. We will be back. Great location with so many recreational activities very close.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank for taking the time to provide this very detailed review. I am happy to read you all enjoyed your stay. The staff and I anxiously await your return. Be Well, Patrick
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Our family vacay"
Overall this trip was a success due in part because we stayed at the Westin, Monarch. The staff was friendly and attentive and the room was very nice and they kept it in top notch condition. I would definitely stay here again.
3 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
Caren Curren
"Off season stay"
Cleanliness is #1 for me when it comes to hotels which usually means I have to pay more for places when I stay at hotels. I did a LOT of research and comparisons before choosing the westin and I'm happy with my choice. It was very clean, the parking was super convenient (it's all underground which was initially weird but it was really nice to unload right next to the elevator), and it was close to all of the things we wanted to do (yosemite, fishing, hiking, devils post pile etc). The room was the basic studio and it came with a kitchenette, which was an unexpected surprise. We saved money by making breakfast and lunch. My only complaint is the staff was far and few in between and the lady who checked us in was kind of ride "oh, you're only here for three nights". If you want to do your own thing and have very little interaction with anyone (not necessarily a bad thing when on vacation) then it's a good place. Otherwise we were very happy with our stay and would stay here again.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for kind review. We all take extreme pride in being a Westin Hotel. Cleanliness is a main focus of every staff member on property. I have sent your review to our FD manager to review the comment and train to this example. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your return. Be Well! Patrick
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
afraidofbedbugs
"A pleasant surprise!"
Me and my wife came off season to finish our honeymoon. We got a free upgrade to a suite, and were stoked. Mammoth is so expensive we weren't sure we would be happy spending 200 with a resort fee, until we saw the room. It had everything! The shower was fantastic, a waterfall style my wife LOVED! The bed was very comfortable, the kitchenette was complete, and the living room was wonderful. Not to mention the view! We are definitely coming back!!!
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Johnelle, thank you for your very nice review. It would seem you were able to enjoy all Mammoth Lakes has to offer. I am happy to read you intent on returning. We all anxiously await your arrival. Be Well! Patrick General Manager
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
Johnelle
"Nice mountain escape."
Had everything you could want including a kitchenette stocked with dishes/cooking utensils/glassware and a fireplace! Would definitely return.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
Jamie
"Great summer biking experience."
Great location right across from the Bike Park and Lake Mary shuttles and walking distance to the Village shops and restaurants. Kitchenettes make the rooms really convenient. We went during a slow period and the hotel restaurant and bar were undergoing renovations. Pool was nice too. The first week in June is very low key and you feel like you have the whole place to yourself. The downside is that there was a lot of construction going on around the Village and several of the shops were closed for the week.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
"Nice location"
I'm glad I choose this hotel. Feel like home because there's a kitchen ,we always have fresh cooked breakfast.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
The staff and I are also very glad you chose the Westin Monache. Having a kitchen is a great benefit. Please come and join us again. Thank you for your business. Be Well! Patrick
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"amazing room"
There's nothing bad to say about this hotel. Perfect place to stay!
1 night romance trip May 25, 2014
Ernie Mayhorn
"Perfect location!"
Love it! Location just right, wonderful hotel on a hill, great welcome from the front desk!.cross street we found delicious brick oven pizza place and cool beer on tap! Ocampo restaurant. Beautiful running path block away! Can't wait to go back same hotel!!!!
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for this very nice review. Everyone on property is looking forward to your return. The village across the street is a nice place to shop and eat. Thank you for choosing the Westin Monache. Hopefully we will see you soon! Be Well! Patrick
Other trip May 27, 2014
A&E
Everything was perfect
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for the nice review. We all look forward to your return. Be Well!
2 night family trip Apr 11, 2014
"Great hotel!"
I am well traveled and picky. This is a solid 4 star hotel that goes above and beyond... Turn down service available, heated pool year round, kids club, nice bar with great happy hour. If you get annoyed with resort fees...it is 25 dollars a day but I think the valet parking , wifi and amenities are worth it.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for the very nice review. I am happy we were able to provide you such a renewing experience. Be Well!
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
scott
"Perfect hotel in mammoth"
Great hotel. The restaurant good was delicious! Perfect location. Will definitely stay here again!
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for the nice review! I enjoyed Whitebark very much as well! Please come back and see us again! Be Well! Patrick
3 night family trip Mar 22, 2014
KM
Had a Great trip. The staff was always attentive and friendly and the hotel location was Perfect.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for taking the time to recognize the staff. Everyone who works here is very passionate about this property.Come see us again soon! Be Well! Patrick
4 night trip Mar 20, 2014
NIcole
"Great location."
Nicely appointed room with kitchen. Wonderful view. Lively bar & tasty restaurant. Location is a short walk to the gondola & village shops.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you Ron for your comments and score! Please come see us again soon! Be Well! Patrick
2 night trip Mar 2, 2014
"So close and yet do far"
Climbing 76 stairs in ski boots to get to the hotel from the gondola makes it less convenient than it seems on a map...especially when check- in failed to tell us that Westin provides free (well, included in the resort fee I paid) ski storage at the gondola, not having to carry them up/down the stairs each time! But the hotel shuttle to/from airport provided great service and didn't make you leave earlier than necessary, allowing you to stay on the slopes longer on last day, which was great.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you Hilary, and I am sorry you were not informed of the storage option at the gondola. In addition, for future reference, we will drive you down and pick you up from the gondola as well. The shuttle is a great option for not only going to the airport, but it is also available to take you to local attractions as well. I hope to see you for ski season 2015, if not sooner! Be Well! Patrick
2 night trip Mar 21, 2014
Hilary
"Easy ski access"
Excellent service, close to everything in village sera, gondola to the lifts across the street
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you Justin for your comments and score! Please come see us again soon! Be Well! Patrick
2 night family trip Mar 18, 2014
Justin
"awesome location"
beautiful place close to everything and the mountains awesome views
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for your very positive review. We all appreciate your business. The staff is very passionate about Mammoth lakes and the Westin. Please some back an visit again soon! Be Well! Patrick
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
"Beautiful hotel. Perfect for couples or families."
I had an amazing time! The hotel ambiance was exactly what I expected and couldn't be more pleased with the my experience.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
At Westin we are all about your wellbeing. We take great pride in ensuring you leave feeling better than when you arrived. One of our 6 pillars is Play Well, and there is no better place to embrace this pillar. We look forward to your next visit! Be Well! Patrick
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
"Across from gondola"
Great location across from The Village and gondolas to slopes
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for choosing the Westin Monache! Our location does provide for easy access to Mammoth Mountain. We just received another couple feet of new snow; hope to see you back soon! Be Well!
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
"My new fave!"
Will definitely stay here again for snowboarding trips. Park in the heated garage and forget the car till you're lwaving. Courtesy shuttle is great but so close to gondola and village it's just an added bonus.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
We look forward to your return, very exciting! I agree we are in a great location! The Staff and I are here to ensure you have a relaxing and renewing time away! Be Well!
2 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2014
"Everything That you need"
The Westin has everything That you need period Ski rental Bar Restaurant New facility Anti slipery Floor Winter pools Perfect location
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for your business and for taking personal time to write such a very nice review. We all appreciate the positive comments. The team and I all take great pride in working for a Westin Branded property. Our hope is that you feel relaxed and renew at the time of depart. It seems we were successful. We hope to see you back soon! Be Well! Patrick
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
mgavotti
"It' s a pretty place to stay."
We had a nice experience but not as nice as last year. Staff not nearly as friendly and accommodating as in previous years. And when we went through the room one last time before checking out, we found a dusty old sock under the bed. When I called to arrange transportation the people on the other end were annoyed that I even called. Yes, I would stay here again, but things have changed from previous years, sadly not in a good way.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Patty, I apologize your experience this year was not consistent with stays you have had in the past. Since my arrival in September we have worked exclusively on Westin Branded training and customer service. I have already sent this feedback to our operational teams so they can discuss with their staff members. I believe your experience was an anomaly and the next time you are back on property you will encounter the staff and the environment you have come to expect. Thank you for your continued support and for allowing us another opportunity to meet your Mammoth Lakes hospitality needs; we will not fail you a second time. Be Well! Patrick
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
Patty
"Excellent, except had to run air cond. in January!"
Loved the heated garage, but not the unbearable heat in the room!!! Where else do you need to blast the air conditioning in winter? I was wondering why the AC was on when I arrived (January) then I figured it out: 75+ degrees if you do not let it run full blast, what a waste!!!!! Fantastic kitchenette, with plenty of pots, dishes, etc, small dishwasher. Perfect for a full breakfast and simple meals if you are too tired to go out. Studio is perfect for 2 people (they only have king beds), I would not ruin the comfort by using the sofa sleeper. Overall a really good hotel. "Short" walk to gondola is an insane amount of steps, but we managed to do it with skis and boots in tow. Not worth waiting for shuttle, even if your muscles will cry the next day.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Dear Sir or Madam, I am truly sorry for your HVAC issue in the room. I do not read concerns of this nature very often so I believe the problem was relegated to your specific room. I hope you made a call to our Service Express team and they were able to assist with resolving the issue. I apologize for your inconvenience, especially since it would read you had an otherwise very nice stay. I can assure you this was a onetime issue and when you return you will not suffer the same negative experience. Be Well! Patrick
3 night trip Jan 2, 2014
Nice hotel, excellent location, right across from the village and gondola. Staff is very nice. Our room was too small for hubby and 2 kids. I was told we could upgrade to the 1 bd room suite but although she tried, no luck. We were right over the loading dock do it was noisy and no balcony like we thought with only one window opening (only 1\4 the way) so it was too stuffy. They were nice and gave us 2 free movies. We'd stay again just in a 2 bd room.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Dear Nicole and family, thank you for your business. We appreciate you choosing our property. I am happy to read you had positive encounters with the staff. They take great pride in their work. I apologize for our inability to upgrade you and your family. Over the holiday period our hotel is very busy and almost every room is rented. Our room upgrade options are much more limited during this timeframe. We all look forward to your return. Be Well! Patrick
3 night trip Jan 1, 2014
Nicole
"Front Desk"
Our stay was almost perfect. My only frustration was the woman that answered the phone and worked the front desk. She spoke very broken English and I could not understand her. She had to hand the phone over to someone else because we couldn't understand each other. I don't understand why they would have someone work the front desk with limited English speaking skills. She was also supposed to make us a reservation at a resturant and when we got there no reservation was made.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you Jackie for providing this important feedback. We have made the proper changes and that individual is no longer answering phones. I am fully confident your next stay will not be “almost perfect” but will be completely perfect. The staff and I look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks again! Be Well! Patrick
2 night trip Jan 1, 2014
Jackie
"Overall B+"
We stayed here 3 nights during our Christmas break to go snowboarding. We were greeted by MJ upon our ck in. He had a great attitude and offered a lot of useful information. Overall good experience.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
I am happy to read you had a good experience. MJ is a great staff member and we are lucky to have him. Hopefully we don't have to wait until next Christmas to see you again. Be Well! Patrick
3 night business trip Dec 24, 2013
"Very nice place."
Had a ball
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for your time providing this feedback. I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay. We all hope to see you again very soon. Be Well! Patrick
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
"Great bartenders"
Everything about the stay was great, but the bartenders around happy hour were super friendly and fun to talk to. No complaints (although walking up the stairs from the village with skis on your shoulder isn't particularly fun :)
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for your nice comments. I agree we have the friendliest bartenders in town. Please join us again in the not-to-distant future. Be Well! Patrick
2 night trip Dec 22, 2013
Sandeep
"Five star all the way!!"
The staff were great, very courteous and helpful, really relaxed, no worries vibe up threre and I'll definitely stay there again
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for allowing us to serve you while in Mammoth Lakes. Also, thank you for mentioning the staff. They all take great pride in working at a Westin Hotel and providing exceptional customer service. Please join us again in the future. I appreciate the business and the very kind words. Be Well! Patrick
3 night trip Dec 9, 2013
"Comfortable bed"
This hotel is great for a trip to Mammoth. Everything is in the room that you need. Very clean and good water pressure. Wish it wasn't so expensive during regular season. Easy parking as well.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you for choosing the Westin and for taking the time to provide this review. I am happy to read your enjoyed the stay and your time in Mammoth. Please come back and visit us during your next trip to the area. Be Well! Patrick
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
"opening weekend"
Great hotel with very comfortable beds. Very clean with modern amenities. Really enjoyed our stay, but don't like the $25 resort fee to cover parking! A bit of a walk down several stairs just to get to the village right below the hotel. Tiresome after skiing all day. Going back up is not fun and i'm in excellent shape!
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Greg, thank you for taking the time to review the Westin. I am happy you enjoyed your stay. The Resort Fee also covers shuttle service around Mammoth, phone calls throughout the lower 48 states, guestroom Wi-Fi, Business Center computer usage, and car valet service. Thank you for your business; we look forward to your next visit. Be Well! Patrick
1 night trip Nov 10, 2013
Greg
Excellent! We liked the van service to church on Sàt. Night..
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Larry, thank you for your business. I am happy we could provide you transportation throughout Mammoth. Please come back a visit us again. Be Well! Patrick
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
Larry satchell
"Weekend Getaway"
Our stay at the Westin was the best. Our room was very comfortable and the staff was great. The view of the mountains couldn't have been better.
Response by The Westin Monache Resort
Thank you Tony & Vera for taking the time to review this property. In addition, thank you for mentioning the staff. They all take great pride in their work and the fact we are a Westin Hotel. The views in this area are stunning; I am happy we could provide you a room with a great view. Be Well! Patrick
Other trip Nov 12, 2013