All hotels in Happy Valley, Oregon, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here12570 SE Callahan Rd, Happy Valley, OR, 97086, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0
    (0)

Beautiful house. Excellent interior. Fireplace, musical clock, excellent view from the room and from the door.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Bed and Breakfast. Nice house. Good breakfast."
Noce owners. Beautiful view with deer in backyard. Fairly close to airport and city.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Great Place in Happy Valley"
Close to the City of Portland and the airport. Very nice people share their home with you and provide good meals along with it. Interesting folks to talk with and Beautiful grounds. Will stay there again next time we're in the Portland area.
2 night trip May 11, 2013
WJB
"Mt. Scott Manor"
Before Booking my stay here, I read the reviews others had posted, some good and some not so good. I decided to try the Manor despite the few negative reviews I had read, and I am happy I did. Della and Virgil did an excellent job of making us feel welcome, and I will return here again. When reading the reviews, I would encourage you to remember that this is a "Bed and Breakfast" not a 5 star hotel.
2 night business trip Oct 12, 2012
Bryan
"Strange feeling"
My wife and I were taking our first trip away from our daughter for an extended period of time and wanted to try a bed and breakfast due to experiences that our friends had in the past (not at this location). We ended up not taking part in the breakfast as we wanted to try local places we had heard about from friends. We felt disappointed by the staff's service... we met (presumably the owner as she did not introduce herself# the first night; she kept telling us she was not feeling well. After that we did not see her again for the rest of our stay #2 nights#. We were ready to check out and went downstairs and there was a man #presumably her husband again did not introduce himself) and asked if we needed to do anything... he was not sure but said that if we pre-paid we were OK. Overall we felt like we were staying in a stranger’s house and felt out of place.
Other trip Oct 12, 2012
Morgan
"Great B&B"
We were treated as family. The house is beautiful and well kept. The wildlife was close and fed daily.
Other trip Sep 4, 2012
Barb

"Fantastic service"
We decided to stay here based on comments from previous guests. We were not disappointed! It's about 20 minutes outside of Portland and 30-40 mins from Columbia Gorge. We stayed in the smallest room of the manor, but it was defienetly big enough. This feels like a home away from home. Great breakfast and Della is superfriendly and helpful. If you are not in the need of being right downtown Portland this would be a great place to stay.
2 night trip Jul 6, 2013
SE

TripAdvisor reviews for Mt. Scott Manor Bed and Breakfast

"Everything we wanted and more"
04/30/15 Graeme E Loughborough, United Kingdom
Stayed for four nights after looking to book a quality downtown hotel at a fair price. Really glad we made the decision to book in the Happy Valley area! Stayed in the master suite, it is remarkable, clean comfortable bed and sofa and enormous. It is in a quiet location with fantastic views from every angle. Breakfast was first class made even better not only by Della's great cooking but also by the other guests. We will return to Portland one day as we still have a lot to see and I hope that Mt. Scott Manor is available.
"Run.....away from this B & B"
12/08/14 Lisa L Grants Pass
I was not going to write a review due to our receiving a refund, but after seeing what Della wrote on Booksing.com I changed my mind. This is not a B & B it's rooms in their home that they rent out. The smell in the home on the bottom floor is offensive. Floor fans running all the time to help with the odor. Front door always open and or unlocked no matter what time of day or night. Rooms can only be locked from the inside so when you leave you cannot lock your door. Hostess is unkept. We made reservations for 2 nights when we arrived I asked if we could leave and not stay and not be charged, Della said no. So when we returned from our trip I contacted Bookings.com who contacted Della and she then gave us a refund in full. It's up to you to book or not....but I just wanted to share our experience......Good Luck if you do :)
08/14/14 Faith C Milwaukie, Oregon, United States
Been a couple yrs. since I stayed. Though I would stay again. Beautiful area, very wooded in the back which you can see from the decks. May see deer, or racoons. Gracious hosts, great food, clean rooms. They don't have a sign out front. Guess they just want to be like any other home in the area. All large lovely homes. Been telling others about the place. They are planning a visit for their anniversary. This site Made me pick a date with not much selection. So it's been a while. Big deal!? (untrue date)
"loved it!"
07/10/14 Diana C Wellington, Florida
Beautiful location. Fabulous views. The master suite was unbelievable. Large comfortable bed, great tub. Did I mention the views? Host and hostess were friendly and accomodating. Great breakfast, Della even made pineapple upside down cake for us! Fridge stocked with snacks and beverages. I wouldn't change a thing! Oh yeah, and the views were fantastic!
"Staying at Grandparents House"
07/03/14 KelzySchmi Seattle, Washington
This place was more like staying over at your grandparents house than a B&B. To start off, we were bumped to a bigger because it was our honeymoon at no extra cost. Be sure to call in a head of time and let them know if you are doing something special. My husband and I spend our Honeymoon here for three nights. Every morning the hostess would make a HUGE breakfast. She also baked cookies and cupcakes. At one point, while my husband and I were watching the deer eat , the host came out with two glasses of wine and wished us all the best. They gave us whole bottle of wine at the start of the tour. They have a "open bar" that has snacks of chips, nuts, and beverages of water and sodas. They do offer all guest a glass of wine at the start. Because we were on our honeymoon, we received a whole bottle. The hostess stays up all night until the guest ALL come home. That means she stayed up until 3:00 am a few nights while other guest were out. She still got up, a 9:00 am like their brochure says, and made us all breakfast. Breakfast was served at 9:00 am or some times a little later. Their website does say 9:00, and it was a family style breakfast. We were offered bacon, sausage, waffles, home made bread, biscuits, jams, coffee, juice, and fresh fruit. She even let us take the left overs for snacks while we were out exploring Oregon. I would definitely tell other to stay here. I love my visit to Oregon and this place just made it all the better!
"Not a true B&B, more like rent a room in a house."
05/30/14 Expat_American Antwerp
I too experienced the lack of breakfast (though the hostess said raid the refrigerator at will). I made my own using the food on site. I did not go hungry, but it was a DIY breakfast. We did say we liked a certain kind of bread and she did provide that. She also put out some cooking pans and grill for me and my wife to cook eggs and bacon (which was a big pack in the deep freezer). Coffee was always ready to be brewed in the morning. The host was never around much in the morning and one time when we were ready to leave he was just setting out the plates for breakfast when we already had eaten. One of the bright sides is that when you sit at the table in the dinning area you can watch all the different birds and other animals that come to visit including some deer. There is also a open "bar" area where you can get soft drinks from a minfridge. They do offer hard drinks on request, though we are not drinkers. The beds are ok, the room is big enough, but watch out for the curtain rods. They are installed poorly. WIFI is ok, we had some technical troubles. TV in rooms are small, but include a vhs/dvd combo player. Showers are nice. Main room TV is used by the host, although it is said it is a public area. Other reviewer is correct, the hostess is rarely seen and the host could use some better grooming and is also rarely seen or is asleep in the chair in front of the big tv. However these folks appear to be retired and running the place more out of a hobby than a business. So just be sure if you want to stay here to do everything on your own, including searching the kitchen for things to use or food to eat. Ask questions on your arrival otherwise you won't see them much. Hostess is known to be up late at night, so you can reach her then. By the way, this is a huge house, not sure about thin walls as we were the only guests. There is a master suite upstairs that is like an apartment, but the "kitchen" area is locked off by the host and you will have to use the one downstairs. Hostess states that she is allergic to perfume which I would think includes cologne. So be sure to be less scented or no scented when you arrive.
"Benign Neglect by hosts"
04/02/14 PocoPair Port Coquitlam, Canada
This is a lovely property in a quiet neighbourhood. The house is very clean, the rooms are large and the beds are very comfortable. However, the walls are thin and you can hear the guests in the adjoining rooms, every noise can be heard. After the initial house tour we rarely saw the hostess. The host was usually found asleep in a room adjoining the kitchen. The first morning we waited until 9:30 before finally making toast for ourselves. Found out later the hostess was ailing but nobody told us breakfast wouldn't be served that day. We looked after our own breakfasts and housekeeping in the room ourselves after that. I have stayed in many b&bs in other countries and in Oregon and I have never encountered one where the guest is expected to do their own housekeeping. The hosts could provide a list of recommended restaurants in the area, whether or not they enjoy the cuisine, and supply the wifi password in the rooms. That would help the guests be more self-sufficient. I came for a vacation and to be pampered. You won't find that here. The hosts could do with a personal tidy up.
"lovely city b & b in a rural setting"
08/04/13 eal11 Vernon, Canada
My husband and I, along with my brother-in-law spent two nights at this lovely and spacious b & b in Happy Valley OR. The host and hostess were very gracious and helpful. The rooms were great, our room had a deck looking out over the beautiful acreage where deer and raccoons would congregate. Breakfast could be very big or smaller if you chose, with bacon, sausage, eggs, waffles, pancakes, fruit, yogurt, toast, etc. etc. Wine, soft drinks bottled water and snacks are available anytime. The common areas are great places to relax and visit, both inside and outside the house. We chose this place because it was close to family who live in Happy Valley, but it would be a great jumping off point for any Portland and area touring. The airport is also close by.
"Great clean, bright, safe, convenient, B&B."
07/31/13 jsro1
We found this B&B to be a very good place to stay if you want a location in suburban Portland. Only 20 mins from airport, 12 mi from downtown, and minutes from Clackamas Mall shopping. Friendly host Della prepares a homemade breakfast each morning while you watch deer relax in the yard off the backyard deck. Definitely recommend if you are looking to stay in this area.
"Our stay at Mt. Scott Manor"
11/01/12 Brad H Sacramento, California
My wife and I had a very enjoyable 3-night stay at this bed and breakfast earlier this month. Clean and quiet with a very helpful staff. We stayed in the large suite and were extremely comfortable. Della will even let you cook your own breakfast if you please. Complimentary wine and snacks also. Would stay there again.