All hotels in Carolina, Puerto Rico
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here4851 Isla Verde Avenue, Carolina, 00979, Puerto Rico, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
    2.5
    2.4
"Decent place, fabulous view!"
The Beach House Hotel is an older facility located right on the beach in Isla Verde. There is a bar/restaurant downstairs and you can hear the noise from it in your room (if you're not down there enjoying yourself), but its not overwhelming. If you like a lot of luxury, this place isn't for you. If you like a nice place without too many people and a great wide open beach, you'll enjoy the Beach House. It was clean and the beds were comfy.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Jill
"Just Okay - Great location though"
This hotel is located on a gorgeous piece of beach front property in a great area of Isla Verde. The area is generally quiet and not as touristy as the Condado or Old San Juan area. There are plenty of restaurants nearby as well as the convenience of other major hotels. The rooms are what they are, a room to sleep in at night. They're decent in size and the overall appearance was a bit dated, but okay enough to lay your head at night. The free wifi worked fine and the continental breakfast was your basic breakfast fare. The insulation in the room is not the best. If you're a light sleeper, you'll generally hear all of the noise from the restaurant otherwise it's drowned out by the ocean waves. The water pressure in the shower was something to be desired. If it rains, be sure not to leave your items by the door, or they will get wet. The corridors are outside and if the rain is coming in sideways, it will eventually enter into your room. The rooms definitely do need a thorough cleaning especially ensuring that the curtains are dust free. Overall, this hotel has a lot of potential. Under proper management, this hotel could be something really special. However at its current state, it seems to be leaving a majority of their guests leaving with a somewhat marred experience. Minor improvements could really turn this place around. Would I stay here again? If things were improved, most definitely, but at its current state I would probably look to stay and spend my money elsewhere.
4 night trip with friends May 8, 2014
Steven D.
"Not worth the money.. beware!!"
You do not get what you pay for the money that you spend at this hotel. The room was not ready at check-in. The room was still dirty once I was able to check-in. I have my doubts about how clean the sheets were and the floor was filthy. The bed and sheets were itchy and kept me up all night due to a possible sand flea infestation or infestation of other sorts. There is no clear signage for the continental breakfast. The hotel also takes in large tour groups to have access to their beach and facilities, taking away from the one redeeming factor that the hotel has. You're paying all of this money to stay at a hotel on the beach and then they open it up to large tour groups?? This hotel is overpriced for what it is and what you get,even at the "discounted" rate.
1 night trip Apr 30, 2014
"This is a HOSTEL not a hotel"
This hotel is not worth your time or money. They charge a premium for their beach access but it's NOT worth it. The rooms are dirty and dark with NO amenities. It's the quality your expect to find at a hostel. They would not refund my money but I was so disgusted I ended up taking the loss and getting a hotel elsewhere. YUCK!
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
it was ok I had fun need a bigger parking area and to fix a few room problems
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"Rundown hotel on the beach"
Loud music, rotting doors, minimal lighting, dirty furniture, etc. Keep looking. You can do better!
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
LK
"Calm chill hotel"
I had an awesome time. If you're high maintenance this isn't the hotel for you. I loved it cus it was on the beach and it was a chill calm environment.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
If you are here for the beach, this hotel understands how to have a good time on the beach. but if you're looking for a getaway, go to other ritzy places and pay twice more.
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"Beach house rental"
My hotel room was very small, the floor were very sandy, no phone, alarm clock, hair dryer, or iron. I feel like things should automatically be in each room.
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
JC
"Birthday Trip"
I booked this hotel for a birthday weekend getaway. I was then told I would have a $100 deposit hold on my credit card (I was not aware of this before hand) After already spending $500 on room charge taxes fees etc...It is now 3 days after my trip and I still do not have my $100 back on my credit card. This is an inconvenience and I would have never booked hotel if I knew this would be a problem. Hotel room was decent no microwave n water leaked from the shower into bedroom (Had to clean it up each time) GREAT location directly on the beach. I asked hotel staff for an extra sheet set and was questioned why I needed it? Overall trip was not ruined however a few things could have been handled differently.
3 night trip Mar 15, 2014
Matthew
The rooms are nothing special, but the location is wonderful, right on one of the best beaches. The restaurant at the hotel is very good, but a bit pricey.
2 night trip Mar 6, 2014
"Overpriced guesthouse not shabby chic luxury"
I'm certainly not someone who needs/wants very fancy accommodations. With that said I think his "boutique hotel" really misrepresents itself in it's description. I've stayed in guest houses on islands for about 1/3 of the price and had the same experience. The staff was wonderful and friendly and did the best they could given what the hotel was able to offer. The linens were not cleaned upon arrival and maid services needed to be requested multiple times in order for the room to be cleaned. Again this would not have bothered me if I was not paying for a nicer experience. Not to mention they charged for an upgrade to have a room with two beds. God forbid your "2 person" booking is not with a significant other (like it's the most romantic setting anyway) and you don't want to share a bed, then it'll cost you extra for a 2nd uncomfortable bed. Bottom line if you don't need luxury you can find a cheaper place and if you do want a splash of it, you can probably find it at a similar price at a different hotel.
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
"LAME"
This place was TERRIBLE! I will never go back. I was there for 2 days and not ONCE did they clean my room. I asked them about it and they said I needed to request that it be cleaned. Really? Every other hotel on the planet cleans your room when you are out for the day. The wifi also was down the entire weekend. On top of that they charged me $30 to park. Worst hotel ever.
2 night romance trip Feb 21, 2014
"The basic room is unacceptably bad"
It's on the beach and it's five minutes from the airport. Other than that, you've got to be kidding.
1 night trip Feb 12, 2014
DAK
"Perfect for beach goers"
I really loved staying here. It was the off season so the beach was quite and not crowded. And it's right on the beach so you don't have to travel at all to get there. The hotel was cute and had everything we needed. A clean bed, shower and air conditioning. I would definitely go back.
3 night business trip Feb 10, 2014
Gabrielle
"BEST LOCATION, 0CEANVIEW AND SERVICE"
I recomend this boutique hotel 100% the service was impecable. Servers like Edward and Carlitos made the experience unforgatable. From the amazing food to the delicious drinks that never stop coming. They made us feel at home and we didn't want to leave. Is a small hotel with little luxury inside the rooms but breathtaking view up close and personal of the georgous beach. Xavier and joel were taking care of all our needs from towels to beach chairs to parking. No need to stay in an expensive hotel next door when The Beach house has an affordable rate with impecable service and view.
Response by The Beach House Hotel
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us at The Beach House Hotel. In particular we appreciate your positive comments regarding our employees and service and you may rest assured we will share this information with them. It is our pleasure to have you as our guests and look forward to your return visit soon!
3 night trip with friends Jan 4, 2014
Emeline
"Horrible management!!! Private party literally rattled room with music all night. Actual motel-inn not even close to what's advertised on their website."
My trip in Puerto Rico was complete ruined by this nightclub pretending to be a motel inn, beach cabin, or whatever else it may seem, but definitely not even close to a hotel as advertised on their website. The "hotel" was a small two-story inn with no fridges, hangers (asked but just looked at weird), or windows (except in one suite room, supposedly). When checking in, I was told everything is ready except for towels but I opened my room to find bags of trash on the floor, unopened beer and other things left behind which resulted in a lost hour of waiting with all our luggage. Breakfast was "included" but consisted of white bread, cheddar cheese, box cereal, and minimal fruits. On a Friday night they had a private event where middle aged locals were having a social party. The crowd seemed nice and mature but the DJ was in his own world blasting deep electronica beyond logic. No one was really dancing but the pounding bass was so loud my room was literally shaking ALL NIGHT! I was there with a 10 month old baby crying all night and my wife and I trying to sleep in order to catch a 5AM flight. I went to the lobby three times to request them to lower the music or at least consider a refund for the night and was blown off by the manager. He made it my fault, asking "When booking the hotel, did you ask if there was private event this week"? It's obvious the inn favors private parties over guests paying to sleep there. The inn gives a bad impression of the beautiful island.
Response by The Beach House Hotel
Thank you for having taken the time to share your comments with us. This helps us monitor and improve our product for your future stay. I would like to offer you our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience with your check in. We maintain strict room cleanliness standards. Our check in time is 3:00 pm and whenever possible we try to accommodate our guests if they arrive before this hour. Unfortunately, even though the room you had been assigned appeared as clean in our system it had in effect not yet been visited by housekeeping. All rooms are presently being double checked before being assigned to our guests. As for our complimentary continental breakfast it does always include the following items: homemade blueberry, banana, chocolate chip and vanilla muffins, bread pudding, bagels, english muffins, whole wheat toast, two kinds of cheese, ham, grapes ,bananas, apples, pineapple, honeydew melon, cantaloupe, water melon, hot oatmeal, assorted cold cereals, coffee, milk, orange juice and cranberry juice. The hotel does have a restaurant, lounge and bar with deck by the beach in which, on occasion, DJ or live music may be played. On week days music is permitted until 11:00 pm and on friday and saturday until 2:00 am. This does not affect most of our rooms and has not proven to be an inconvenience to the majority of our guests. We do however apologize for any inconvenience this may have occasioned you. We thank you for having chosen the Beach House Hotel for your accommodations in Isla Verde but we regret that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We also thank you for your comments and will take them into consideration in our constant effort to improve our guest's experience.
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
"WORST HOTEL EVER!!!!!!"
Not sure where to begin from, but here is the recap of this hotel: - i got a towel with a blood stain on it; - room was disgusting - old hotel, more like a hostel; - room windows did not open, absolutely no fresh air and the humidity on the island made the setting smell like it is rotten; - the place was running a restaurant on the beach which turned into a disco after 4 p.m. and it blasted until 2 a.m. If you'd like to sleep at all during your stay, the manageemnt will make sure this does not happen; - the staff was incredibly rude. At breakfast they literally pushed me to the side one morning so the staff gets food/coffee first. The lady who almost ran me over from the staff got the last cup of coffee and they never refilled it after, even though i waited for them to do it for over an hour; - i can keep going but trust me- THIS IS NOT THE PLACE YOU WANT TO. I am a very easy traveler, having grown up in poorer countries and orphanages. It was WORST than the worst place I have been to. Yes, that bad.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
T
Stay was good, but entrance is very hard to find. need a sign out by the road. Parking is very limited and the rooms are nothing fancy, but sufficient. Food at hotel was very good, probably the best I had while in San Juan, and the beach was fantastic. For the price was happy with my stay at the Beach House.
4 night trip Dec 12, 2013
"So so....!!! Good for couples!!!"
The hotel is located in a nice area. Walking distance for several stores and restaurants. I spent only one night and the rate was special on those dates $63 but according with new rates is because the location. The hotel is not bad is very simple that needs a lot of improvements for the high rates they offer during seasons. Not worth it as it is now for more than $80 per day. Restaurant is nice and looks very romantic, little bit ovepriced. But the high cost is because is on the beach. I do not recommend this hotel for more than 2 persons. My staying was pleased and ok. I am not very demanding, but YES DEFINITELY needs improvement quality in rooms and furniture. It is a beach house hotel...not a luxury hotel. Ok?
Other trip Dec 8, 2013
Avaaca66
it was safe. we had 2 little children.
2 night trip Nov 30, 2013
"beach furniture needs replacing"
The hotel was okay. However when we got on the premises a pile of old broken furniture in the parking lot was a big eye sore. We had to wait to check in so we went to the beach area. Every furniture at the beach area needs replacing. The furniture was old, moldy and had holes in it. This property can be a 5 star property with a little tlc. Maybe they should call Hotel impossible for help. Will not stay again.
1 night romance trip Nov 18, 2013
"Beautiful Beach"
Hotel is not as clean as one would like. Dirty comforter, crumbs on bed but otherwise beautiful and convenient location.
1 night business trip Nov 19, 2013
Mari
"Average Hotel w/ Great Location (Airport+Beach)"
I'd consider this a practical hotel. The rooms are very basic and simple, but clean. Our TV didn't work and the internet signal was terrible, so don't count on that being a perk. Location was excellent, breakfast included an excellent assortment of fresh fruit. It was difficult to find staff (front desk rarely manned), but staff was friendly when around. Excellent location right by the beach and minutes from the airport.
Other trip Nov 14, 2013
"Nice location but maintance of the hotel is bad,"
Need more maintance and cleaners rooms.. The shower courtain and bed cover were dirty. But The staff is super nice. Shame for they..
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
The room were not cozy but was adequate for what I needed, the shower area could use some upgrades. The food and drinks were good. The price for food was a bit over priced.
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
"great hotel, excellent staff"
This was a great vacation place for me. Excellent staff....they went above and beyond taking care of me. Fernando and Hector are fantastic bartenders and helped me to have a lot of fun while relaxing. The general manager also gave me personal attention and made sure I enjoyed my stay. This was very important as I was traveling alone. I WILL return to PR and stay at the Beach House Hotel. The beach is amazing, yes, but the people made my stay. I didn't want to leave. If you are expecting the Ritz, go elsewhere, but the rooms are clean and safe. This is the place to meet some cool locals and learn to chill PR style.
2 night trip Oct 24, 2013
Restaurant and bar service- great food, great drinks, great servers Front desk- unprepared, unavailable, our ac broke did not do anything. Did not have bech towels... Seemed they did not care about customer Rooms - small, shower has horrible with the pressure, seemed like no pressure and cold water!! Room smaller than what it looks on pic, but ok. Old non working tv
2 night business trip Oct 4, 2013
Pam
"Disappointed honeymooner"
This hotel was a definite disappointment for us on our return from a cruise. The wifi does not work. The remote control does not control the tv. We had mold in the room. The bed linens were still wet when we got to our room. Some of the windows would not open. The dance club filled the entire place with loud music. When trying to check out i had to walk into the resturaunts kitchen to find help. If you only care about being on the beach and not the quality of the hotel then this is the place for you, otherwise definitely find somewhere else
1 night romance trip Sep 15, 2013
"Nothing fancy"
The good thing about this place is the closeness to the beach , besides that is just a very small room with nothing fancy, TV did not work, water temp kept changing and very loud music, but for the price you can't ask for anything more. Wifi was free which was good and parking, if you can find a spot was also free. We just spent one night to fly off the next day so it was convenient, more than that and I would pay a little more and stay at one of the near by hotels.
Other trip Sep 14, 2013
Lee
"Budget hotel on the beach"
I stayed at The Beach House Hotel for 1 night. The overall experience was okay. The hotel itself as well as the rooms are small. I basically had a bed, closet and bathroom in my room. The remote for the TV didn't work; however, this didn't matter much since the TV only had 3 stations and they were in Spanish. The best thing about the place is its on the beach location and the beach club vibe with beds and lounge chairs available to guests, and the live DJ that kep the music pumped up. You also have access to the pool and gym across the street at the sister property (Econo Lodge). The food is just okay, but the drinks were good.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
"Wonderful situation"
If you want to stay in the beach all day long, this is the place to be.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Do NOT Stay Here"
I should have known that I was in for bad times when no taxi in town seemed to know of this place. The hotel seems decent from the outside but walking into my room was a disgusting disappointment. The room was small, shabby, and borderline unsanitary feeling. When I had booked the hotel I selected the Beach House because I thought it would be quaint and intimate and it had a reasonable pricetag for the area. Let me tell you right now, pay the extra money and stay ANYWHERE else. I ended up canceling my reservation, checking out early, and moving hotels into the Casablanca in Old San Juan (AMAZING and highly recommended).
3 night trip Jul 27, 2013
L.L.
"View and beach but not mich else"
We arrived at 1pm and our room was mit ready so we went to the beach which was about 10 m away. The Club theyhave there plays Music about 24/7 so be aware of getting no sleep Our room had no windows only plasticwirh woodpanels that were nailed shut because of the Hurricane Season The next Morning our "Continental breakfast" consisted of cheese Butter and coffee. We had Jan for about 5 People for the Wohle hotel and it got worse every Day!! The staff was confused Standing around and did nothing On the Bar we got the wrong Drink and the Barkeeper drank it himself! The weather was good and the Hotel has a nice view of the beach which is the Most positive Thing i can say
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
"not a good hotel to stay"
I reached the hotel at about 8 p.m. and there are no receptionist available at the counter!!!!!!! I had to wait for like 1 hour for the receptionist to come (I would have changed hotel if i didn't already paid by Visa online), the welcome drink at the bar sux, taste like Rum with wáter........yak!!!!! The Wi-Fi is a joke, there are no signal in the room, you have to stay in front of the counter to get signal. The air in the room is filthy and the bathroom is too old (the entire hotel is too old). Also, don't even try the continental breakfast which provide by the hotel, because the ham is sour, the bread taste like 2 weeks old, and the drink taste like wáter mixed with expired orange juice, i almost puke when i was eating that breakfast.....OMG..............Worst hotel i ever stayed....................never wanna go back......................dan.....
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
anthony
"Right next to the beach."
Right next to the beach. Many places near to eat. Room is simple but funcional. No place where to sit when you're wet. Drinks are very expensive.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
"Stay on the beach, not the hotel"
The outside beach section of this hotel is the only thing this hotel has going for it and you can hang out there without even staying at the hotel. They have a restaurant/bar area which is a bit overpriced, but decent and definitely worthwhile to hang out on their beds and lounge chairs. The actual hotel is outdated and offers nothing to brag about. It took asking 2 different workers to get fresh sheets on the outside beach bed and the night clerk was VERY rude when we asked for ice which is only found behind the bar.
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
If u wanna party you got to go here near everything beach 2 steps behind the hotel and friendly staff
1 night trip Jun 16, 2013
Diana
"Awesome place!!!"
I would definitely go again. That's how pleased I am of this place. The people there were so nice and attentive with you. From the desk clerk, waitress, to the bartender just the whole staff was wonderful. I can't wait to go again. It's been an awesome experience... And FYI yes there is hot water. :)
3 night trip Jun 7, 2013
Yessie
"Great location on beach"
I am a single woman looking to relax on the beach June 2013. Enjoyed a good book on the beach for 2 days.The weekdays are nice and quite but the weekend is very loud.
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
Mel
"Terrible"
This is the worse hotel. I hated!!!! Everything was terrible. Bad service, dirty room, poor breakfast. The only good thing was the beach. I don't recommend!
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
"not worth the money"
I chose this place based on the beach access and the dining area. Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate too well, so we were unable to use the chairs or beds on the beach. Our room was VERY tiny, the view was a sliver of beach if you looked to the right, but mainly it was of the nasty mess of tanks/ladders/etc in the outdoor galley way. Checkin was fine, but nothing really explained. After spending a few minutes in the bar area, watching the unruly kids playing Frisbee, we decided to eat at a restaurant down the street. The photos make it look much better than it really is-everything in the beach area was crowded together. Not sure of the cleanliness of the couch cushions/beds etc in the outdoor area either. Speaking of beds, the one in the room had quite the pit in the middle and it made a strange cracking noise when you shifted on it. The headboard was a vinyl cushion mounted to the wall which kind of grossed me out - hard to say if it got cleaned, judging from the disturbing series of drippy marks on the wall next to it, behind the bedside lamp. Continental breakfast was ok, saw a dead cockroach along the wall next to our table. Parking is VERY tight, but there's always a guy to take your keys and move it for you. Overall, this place is WAY overpriced for what you get. If the weather is decent, I'm sure it gets very busy and even louder in the bar area. Nice to be able to walk right onto the beach, but it's not worth the cost.
Other trip May 23, 2013
"Fabulous location"
This hotel give a lounge/ beach lovers feel. No need to go elsewhere . Staff is great . Food is very good. However; continental breakfast needs improvement. I would definitely go there again! Great experience.
Other trip May 22, 2013
JaedynsNana
"Cheap motel"
I was under the impression (based on the pictures) that this would be a nice hotel (not cheap motel) for a romantic evening getaway. Wrong! It's more like a cheap motel, I was so upset
1 night trip May 14, 2013
Eroc
"very trendy"
The outdoor beds on the beach were very romantic. Loved that you could walk to the beach right from your room. And in the heart of isla Verde Would stay again.
1 night trip May 11, 2013
Lee Lee
"The Beach House Hotel"
Hotel felt more like an upscale motel. Rooms, decent, fairly priced. Location, good. Service, poor. Night attending staff, the worst ever. Food, go elsewhere! Cabanas, tables, lounge chaise/chairs, filthy dirty but the view, PRICELESS! That was the only great thing about this hotel, was the beach, ocean view! The last night we were there, lights were completely out within a few mile radius... This place does not have a back up generator so you will be in the dark and lights out seem to occur frequently. We were without power for six plus hours. I do not recommend staying here.
2 night business trip Apr 23, 2013
MKT
"50+ Couple - "Spring Break""
My husband & I found Beach House to be very charming with lots of island appeal and the BEST beach presence in the area for just chillin' & relaxing. Most of the staff was usually very attentive & helpful and the food we enjoyed at Le Plage was good with exception to the Paella, which was a bit of a disappointment. Continental breakfast was adequate, although we would have liked at least some coffee earlier than 8am. Beach House's Bar on the beach seemed to be a very popular hot spot on Friday & Saturday nights and Sunday afternoons, drawing crowds from all around with loud music & partying into the morning hours, SO if you're not up for the party scene, stay away on the weekends! The location is also very condusive to seeing other areas of Puerto Rico, as we were able to book tours with the front desk to EL Yunque Rainforest, Bio Luminescent Bay, etc. & took the bus into Old San Juan for an afternoon of sightseeing & exploring. Other dining options in the area were not as abundant as we would have liked, but we did venture out on foot for an occasional change from Le Plage to some local restaurants; EL Taquito & Lupi's for some pretty good eats ! Overall, we would return to Beach House ourselves and recommend to others as well...
Other trip Apr 28, 2013
"A Getaway"
Had a blast. Second time in PR and wanted to be on the beach. My room was footsteps from the bar and beach. The staff is helpful and the cafe jumps with live music around 8 p.m.. I don't mind noise so the live music as I slept as wasn't an issue. If you need peace and quiet to rest you might want a room further from the beachfront.
Other trip Apr 13, 2013
Sasha
"Amazing beach"
Its a small hotel, we got there early and they let us check in and we got our room. The rooms are small but met our needs. It was clean and smelled clean. But the beach is amazing!! That made up for anything else! There is a cute little bar and it included continental breakfast. The breakfast wasn't much but it was good for us. We really enjoyed our stay at the little hotel. They do have loud music playing late in the night but we were tired and fell right to sleep. But if you are a light sleeper it may bother you.
Other trip Mar 28, 2013
jules
"Nooooo"
Great beach location however the rooms were a nightmare!!
Other trip Mar 27, 2013