All hotels in Charleston, South Carolina, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here40 Pinckney St, Charleston, SC, 29401-3115, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Charming and comfortable"
Attentive staff; historically representative of the area with modern comforts and amenities. Walk everywhere, lovely breakfast experience on rooftop terrace.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Quaint hotel close to historic sites"
Front desk staff was very helpful, always ready to answer any request. The breakfast on the fourth floor balcony was generous and well planned. One could enjoy some of the city's charm from a fourth floor perch. The same venue is used to a wine and cheese meet up in the evening.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Id stay again but made sure I didnt get an interio"
A beautiful hotel with friendly staff and a great breakfast. Located in the heart of the historic district. Csution when reserving your room though as some rooms are on the interior and do not have windows that face the outside but face and interior seating area. Though the windows in these rooms are well insulated from noise coming from the outside area and from inside the room, those sensitive to their environment will feel the difference. We had one of those rooms and were unable to change because the hotel was full. Ask when making your reservation. They do not explain this on their website.
1 night romance trip Sep 10, 2014
"Who would think to make sure you have a window?"
We had a very small room (About 10 x 10) with no windows and the bathroom vent did not work. For the price we paid I think we should of had a better room. The service was good but we would not stay there again.
1 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
Suzanne
Staff was great and suite upgrade was fabulous. The afternoon appetizers and breakfast menu need to be varied from one day to another.
3 night romance trip Sep 30, 2014
Nice Inn that fits the city. Not a lot in the rooms. And valet struggles with newer vehicles. Valet struggled to find reverse, use of push button e-brake, and stalled my car. It was quite embarrassing.
1 night trip Sep 29, 2014
matt
"Vacation in Charleston"
The location was great. Front desk service was not very friendly. Did not like valet car service as wanted access to things in our car. Room was clean and nicely decorated. Breakfast was decent and wine and cheese in afternoon a nice touch. Overall it was a nice hotel for the price in downtown Charleston
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"Wonderful staff, even better location!"
My boyfriend and I went to Charleston for our one year anniversary and booked one night at the Andrew Pinckey. We received an e-mail prior to check-in to ask us if we had any special requests, and I mentioned our occasion. Upon arrival, they informed us that they had upgraded us to their suite overlooking the streets of Charleston. It was a wonderful surprise, and our stay was phenomenal. The hotel was extremely close to King Street and the Market, and walking distance to our dinner reservation. Great stay, I would definitely do it again!
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Happy Camper
"close to everything"
our first night was not a good night the person checked us into a room with no window room was only big enough for bed and 1 chair so one of us had to set on the bed. then the small bathroom cruise ships have larger rooms. When I ask to be moved he said this is what your 3 party agent booked you and would not change our room. since the room was pre paid we had to stay The next morning I went to the desk and ask if there was any way I could get another room the man changed our room on the spot to a very nice room. the rest of our stay was very nice. .
2 night romance trip Sep 24, 2014
Thomas Cross
Great staff, great location, great rooms. No complaints.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"5 day stay"
Staff excellent. Rooms small but clean. Bathroom very tight. Nice rooftop terrace for breakfast. Walking distance to most everything. Horse stables across road. Smell strong in street. Lot of flies. Not best pArt of town but very safe and quiet. Probably go to hotel nearer East Bay Street. Or Meeting street next time.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Annie
"Great Location Excellent Service"
We certainly made the right choice when selecting this venue. The location was excellent within walking distance of everything we needed. The service of Sandy at the front desk, Terrell the valet , Lisa in housekeeping and the staff manning the breakfast and daily wine and cheese was superb. Since this was our first visit to Charleston their knowledge about the history of the hotel and Charleston was very helpful. The room we had was in the section across the street from the lobby. It was very peaceful which is what we wanted. The only thing that the room didn't have which we wanted was a microwave and a small fridge. Other than that our stay was perfect.. We would certainly stay here again and would recommend it to others.
3 night family trip Aug 19, 2014
"Hotel Heaven in Charleston"
We loved the rooms, staff, and view from the 4th floor balcony. The breakfast was great also.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Cynthia
Pros: convenient location for sightseeing , dining and shopping Hotel front desk staff were very helpful and kind, as were valet parking staff Cons: hotel is in an older building, floor creeks and can hear people next door Complementary breakfast was okay. May need to pay more attention to cleaning the bathrooms and rooms I thought the price matched the value- it is great for a short visit in Charleston
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"Boutique hotel"
Great hotel within walking distance to all of the attractions! Great restaurants and shopping within blocks. Staff was very courteous. They have a wine and cheese social from 4-5 on the rooftop patio. Great way to unwind after a busy day.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
"lovely stay"
Excellent service. Tasty complimentary breakfast on rooftop terrace looking out at city. Very clean and comfy rooms. Modern amenities while still preserving the colonial feel. Perfect spot for the Charleston trip!
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
lo
"Walking distance from downtown"
The reception was not friendly and I did not feel welcome.Breakfast on the porch was unbearable as it was very hot. My husband stood inside to eat his food! The room was small, but nice. For that price, I at least expected to make coffee in the room!!! A nice hotel, but very small.Reception is on the other side of the hotel!!!
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
J Coetzee
This hotel was in a perfect location to historic downtown, just a couple of blocks away from the City Market and Ghost Tour excursions. Also in walking distance of Rainbow Row and Battery Park, and many others. Enjoyed the rooftop breakfast. Room was clean and comfortable. Only problem was the actual hotel is across the street from the lobby and it smelled of mildew when you walked in. Also, I was not too happy about the $20 daily valet fee. It was a little pricy. But the staff was very friendly and helpful.
1 night trip with friends Aug 10, 2014
"Location!"
If in Charleston for the first time, the Pinckney is in the absolute best location. It is within walking distance of several great restaurants, the King St. shopping area, the Market, and the Pier. All of the the carriage ride companies are across the street, and it's a short bike ride to the Battery and the the beautiful homes South of Broad (I totally recommend renting bikes to get around. The Bycicle Shoppe on Meeting Street is an easy walk from the hotel, and the hotel will let you lock them up in the garage for free). The hotel itself is great. My wife and I stayed in a junior suite in the building across the street from the office. Our room was spacious and clean, and the bed was comfortable. We were on the same floor as the breakfast and wine/cheese reception area which has a great balcony overlooking the city, so we enjoyed that. If I'm stretching to find anything negative, I'd say that our bathroom was right next to the bed so there wasn't much privacy, so that may be an issue for some people. Also, 95% of my interactions with the staff were great, but there a few ladies that just weren't very friendly. And, if you've been to Charleston before and aren't interested in the touristy Market St./lower King St. scene, it's a bit of a hike to Upper King. That said, it was a great experience, and I would definitely stay here again next time.
5 night romance trip Aug 3, 2014
Craig
I enjoyed my stay, although my husband did not. He is used to a larger hotel room, with a closet and a larger desk area and mini fridge.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
K
"Very hospitable"
We felt well taken care of by the staff. Their personal attention made it easy for us to feel at home.
2 night family trip Jul 27, 2014
"Close to everything!"
Easy walk to all the sites and great dinner options. Only a short drive to the beach. Perfect getaway!
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
A very nice hotel that is right in the center of the bustling downtown Charleston. The staff was very helpful and we enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the happy hour on the roof.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Central to must-experience historic Charleston"
The Andrew Pinckney Inn has a great mix of historic charm with all the right modern characteristics you want in a hotel. Its pricey but seemed to be in line with other area hotels that are in the heart of Charleston's historic district. Steps away are the must experience horse and carriage tour, the market place and many great restaurants and bars. We checked in with a car and didn't use it again until we checked out.
2 night romance trip Jul 25, 2014
"Great Place to Be!"
Friendly, helpful. professional staff. Very close to great restaurants and must see Charleston sights.
2 night romance trip Jul 22, 2014
"Superb Location"
Great hotel with unbeatable location in the historic district of Charleston. Market Street and a number of great restaurants are right out the door. Continental breakfast on the roof was nice, and the lemonade with cookies in the lobby were a nice touch. The room was a bit small with creaky floors, but that is part of the historical feel in Charleston. Wonderful stay.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Staff is just excellent. Room was updated and comfortable (a few bumps and nicks in furniture could be attended to). Shower was very nice. Location within easy walking distance of many, many fabulous dining options. Main building is attached to Hank's Seafood (make reservations days in advance if you need a specific time) and is a short block away from Cru Cafe (again, make reservations). Nice (not extravagant) nightly wine and cheese reception on the balcony and good quality self service breakfast bar are a welcome addition to the cost of the room.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Mrs. T
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast on the rooftop terrace was a peaceful way to start the day. The continental breakfast exceeded my expectations.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Somewhat disappointing"
The inn itself is an outstanding property in the historic area of Charleston north of Broad Street. The furnishing were excellent and the rooms clean and spacious. The experience was marred by numerous irritating problems. The iron in the room did not work and a call to the desk for a replacement was ignored. When I went to the desk for assistance, they took one from another room but it too was broken. The ground floor room filled with noise whenever the elevator was used, a toilet flushed anywhere in the building or the air conditioning cycled on. The breakfast looked like tit had been in the chafing dish for days and we went elsewhere. I hoped our experience had not been representative but we heard other voicing concerns when we checked out. It's a shame but I would stay elsewhere next time in this outstanding city.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2014
Kevin Lynch
"Hotel was good for the location"
The housekeeping staff and valet staff made the hospitality great. The front desk personnel were average. They answered our questions and that was it. They did not recommend or give any additional information. The greeting I was only, " May I help you." No enthusiasm at all. The room much smaller than expected, and dark. There was no window. Overall for the style of the Hotel, it was very clean and beds comfortable. We were disappointed that we had to pay $20.00 for parking, and the wine and cheese reception was not offered on Sunday evenings, the only night we were there. I wish that had been noted in the advertisement.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Stayed here for 2 nights in July. Very good location next to markets and horse trolleys. We stayed in a 2 bed double room, which was tiny, but nice. Clean, comfortable beds, nice bathroom, great shower. Good breakfast on the rooftop with healthy options. Delicious wine and cheese hour 4-5pm. Refreshments served in the lobby all day (lemonade, coffee, ect)
2 night family trip Jul 6, 2014
"great staff helpful with dinner reservations"
great area to walk around, take tours, staff very helpful
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"Not what I was expecting"
Hotel is in a great location. Upon checking in they had my keys premade however they weren't for the St Phillips Suite I had reserved. Only when I asked about the room switch did they tell me that the air conditioning was broken and they had switched us to a different room. He at his point offered me free valet service and "upgraded" us to the townhouse. While I appreciated the gesture I found it terribly unprofessional to not explain the situation upon my arrival, I assume hoping I wouldn't notice. I had reserved the Phillips suite for the large wooden doors, exposed brick and overall appearance. The townhouse was somewhat of a letdown. The was an orange substance covering the righthand base of the toilet, the left drawer of the vanity was broken and just hanging cockeyed and the only shower curtain was a clear plastic liner, no cloth curtain at all. The bed was nice and the two floors of the townhouse were well furnished. There were pistachio shells and rubber bands beneath the upstairs desk. The location of the hotel as well as the rooftop terrace were excellent. Breakfast was nice and the staff overall was very friendly, particularly the valets who were very willing to give directions and local recommendations. My stay was soured by the attempted room switch and the condition of the bathroom, I will stay elsewhere for the money in downtown charleston in the future.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2014
Ted
"Make It Your First Choice"
We had no idea about where to stay and just browsed hotels.com. The Pinckney looked nice and the price was good. Even though our room might have been one of the less desirable (on the ground floor facing the valet parking) it was still a nice room and we weren't bothered by anything. (There is a basement room in the back that I would avoid.) Staff very friendly and helpful and many amenities: that valet parking ($20 extra but worth it to avoid the hassle of street parking), lemonade and cookies in the lobby and a nice (continental) breakfast on the roof deck overlooking the city. Best is the location: right around the corner from two great restaurants, Hanks and FIG, down the block from the carriage horse stables (it was fun watching them get groomed in the morning) and the Market...but still on a quite corner. I would definitely go back on my next trip to Charleston.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
"In a great location"
Had a great time in Charleston. The hotel and its staff was exceptional.
3 night trip Jun 23, 2014
"Wonderfully cute hotel!"
Was in town for a 50th birthday trip with my sister. Upon learning that it was my birthday, the hotel upgraded me to a townhouse suite. It was so awesome and unexpected. The hotel is cute and comfortable and clean, and the staff was wonderful - very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was fine for a free hotel buffet breakfast - and the rooftop terrace, although kind of small was also fine. I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it to anyone who is traveling to Charleston.
4 night trip Jun 22, 2014
Holly
"perfect to market and historic sites"
very good only problem you said we had a free carriage ride with purchase of room and the hotel new nothing about it.. Huge dissapointment since we got to market place too late to schedule evern our own personal ride.
1 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
John Malinchok
The staff was wonderful, the location is great and the room was very clean. I did miss having a coffee maker in my room but there was coffee available in the lobby. We would definitely stay there again.
4 night trip Jun 22, 2014
Judi
"Beautiful Inn"
Wonderfully clean hotel with staff ready to help. Breakfast was okay, wine reception better, and the rooftop view, great. Right in the heart of downtown/historic district. Will stay there on our return, can't beat the location for the price. Only downside (which was minimal, but could be bad), the old building did not provide a lot of soundproofing. Luckily, our neighbors were quiet, but when in the hall, could hear a baby in a room nearby crying. A small negative in an otherwise wonderful stay.
2 night trip Jun 23, 2014
"Awesome location"
We had a great stay and the location is right in the middle of all the shops, carriage rides, and restaurants. Seemed to be able to hear hallway noise once in awhile but other than that the rooms were perfect. The staff were all exceptional and very friendly. Staying here next time in town for sure!
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014
B Wilson
"downtown location"
lovely old style hotel with in walking distance of everything
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
rb
"Location !"
We arrived early in the morning and were able to park our car at the hotel. The carriage tours were across the street and the Market was a block away. Super location!
1 night trip Jun 17, 2014
"Great hotel close to everything."
Everything was great. Just a lot of traffic and noise you can here in the room.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Great hotel."
Very charming hotel in a great location. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was perfect.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
"Wonderful Stay"
Hotel is in the middle of the action. There is a free wine and cheese hour and breakfast every day. Very good food. The veranda is wondeful on a hot day. Workers tried to please your every wish.
Other trip May 29, 2014
Gil
"A bit of a disappointment"
Good location, comfortable bed. Breakfast a disappointment. Front desk staff indifferent at best. Bell staff very helpful.
2 night trip May 18, 2014
"Great location!"
We booked this hotel for its location. Very close to Market/Meeting near all the action. The room was cute and comfortable. Only thing I didn't like was how thin the walls were and no blackout curtains (but what else could be expected of this historic building). I could hear everything from folks walking upstairs, folks walking down the hall, to folks talking in the hall. Then the sun peaked right in at 7:30am. Since we only stayed one night and had to check out by 11am, it wasn't that big of a deal, but if you want to sleep in, this isn't the place for you.
Other trip May 19, 2014
married couple
"Great hotel in the heart of Charleston"
We really enjoyed our weekend getaway at the Andrew Pickney. We were in walking distance from all our shops, restaurants and sites we planned to visit in Charleston. Our room really felt like Charleston. Small, old hardwood planks, plaster walls, plantation shutters with a wonderful view. Very clean and the hotel staff was so nice. The only drawback was you can hear everything within the hotel and from the outside. That is just part of being in an old building. The rooftop was a great place for breakfast and the afternoon wine and cheese serving. We will definitely be making a return visit.
Other trip May 18, 2014
Had a wonderful stay at the Pinckney inn. Walking distance to many popular sites. Really loved the top floor veranda(awesome views)!!!
2 night trip May 11, 2014
Joyce & Kenny G
"Windowless"
Our first room assignment was windowless and small. We requested a different room and moved. The room was okay until it rained the next day. Rain dripped onto the bed. We moved to room #3, which was the nicest. For the money, I think I'd look for something newer.
3 night trip Apr 29, 2014