All hotels in Santa Barbara, California, United States of America

Great wellness & sports facilities
  • Value for money
    Great pool
"Nice surprise"
Although we only spent one night, I would seriously recommend this property. The staff was extremely friendly and provided solid recommendations for activities and restaurants. Their breakfast provided several options and the evening wine/cheese service was a nice surprise and treat. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Jun 23, 2015
Olivia
"Nice hotel close to the beach and State Street"
We had a very nice stay at this hotel. It was very convenient to our places of interest, beach and State street.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Debi
"Great staff, not 3 star"
Hotel staff is awesome, but there is no way that this place is a 3 star hotel. It is a 2 star motel. Found bugs in the room. Furniture is circa 1950's grandmother.
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
Gregg
"Too short of a stay at the Inn by the Harbor"
Our one night stay at the Inn by the Harbor left us regretting that we had other hotels already scheduled to stay in for the rest of our trip. We could have easily stayed in this wonderful hotel the entire time. The room was cozy and inviting with more amenities than we expected. It had ample closet space, a small kitchen and the rear sliding glass door that put us steps from pool and the tropical landscaping. We were offered wine and cheese when we checked in that evening with milk and cookies available later in the evening. We highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Santa Barbara area.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
Ed & Vickie
"Awesome stay at Santa Barbara"
Very comfortable stay!! Wonderful delux breakfast!!! Will definitely stay there again.
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Thank you for the 5 Stars. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip Jun 15, 2015
Romelda
We choose this hotel during UCSB grad days as all the hotels were double and triple price and this was still reasonable. free breakfast and afternoon wine cheese were great. Very nice hotel and check in was full of info about the town.
2 night business trip Jun 12, 2015
Bernard
"Graduation weekend stay"
Very nice room - we got upgraded to a King with a small kitchen and a patio. The Hotel owner was extremely helpful and pleasant. Very convenient location and 10-15 minute walk to downtown Santa Barbara I would stay again
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Martin
"Nice charming hotel"
This hotel is conveniently located near the beaches and the freeway. Our room opened to a nice garden walkway area leading to a small pool and hot tub. The rooms were nicely appointed. They had a nice continental breakfast and wine and cheese in the evenings. We were pleasantly surprised and will consider coming back again next time we're in Santa Barbara.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Vonnie
Staff was incredibly welcoming. They made you feel right at home from the get go. We'll definitely be staying @ the Inn in the future.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
"Just ok"
The rooms are small and cramped and noisy. The locations is close to the harbor but tucked away from everything. Adjacent build is an apartment complex with lots of activity. The continental breakfast is woefully inadequate and is not very good. The staff was very nice and very accommodating. For the price is was a waste of money. If your staying for more than a night find somewhere else to stay.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Ralph
"charming"
Beautiful, colorful flowers and foliage wrapped around mission style architecture so charming to Santa Barbara. Attentive staff. Big rooms with kitchens. Just not close to beach. Two-three blocks away.
2 night trip May 30, 2015
tari
"Lovely Inn at a very good value!"
This hotel was awesome. We had deluxe king room and didn't realize it came with a real kitchen which we utilized after discovering the farmers market in downtown Santa Barbara. The continental breakfast was very nice, not the gross yucky stuff you get at the chains. The croissants were delicious. The free bike rentals were pretty awesome too! We availed ourselves several times. The garden courtyard was beautiful and well kept. We saw hummingbirds almost every day! The harbor was about a 4-5 block walk. Not bad at all. Lovely!
4 night romance trip May 26, 2015
Holly
They very friendly and accommodating staff. We arrived after they had stopped serving wine however they were happy to bring some back out. I would recommend this to a friend and would stay here again.
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
Cyn
"Nice little Inn by the beach."
Frank at the front desk was great, very helpful. Neighborhood in the early morning was a little weird. I wanted to walk to my class at 7 am and there was a lot of homeless people around the whole downtown. Very close to the beach. We loved the wine and cheese and cookies at night.
5 night business trip May 27, 2015
"Old, patched, dirty"
The hotel was somewhat old and patched. The atmosphere was dark and dirty. Only a few times during my travels have I worn shoes in the room and this is one of those motels. It is not worthy of 3 stars and it is not worth the money I paid.
1 night business trip May 29, 2015
Cindy
"Nice place with lots of extras"
This hotel really goes the extra mile for their guests. Great staff, especially at the front desk. A nice,hot spa and well-maintained pool. Wine and cheese in the evening and house-baked cookies! The adjacent neighborhood has blossomed into a wine tasting and microbrew area and you can easily walk to that, or to the Amtrak station. I recommend this place.
1 night romance trip May 17, 2015
"Wonderful getaway"
We had a great stay. Location is a quick walk to the harbor, shops and restaurants and the beach. The room was very spacious and the amenities were nice such as the breakfast and the wine and cheese reception.
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
"Clean, spacious, and comfortable!"
This hotel was a great find! It is in a nice location only a few blocks away from the wharf. The room was clean, spacious, and the staff was extremely friendly. For road trippers, there is ample free parking just outside of the rooms. Overall we loved our stay and it served as a relaxing and cozy follow up to our day exploring the many wineries outside of Santa Barbara.
1 night romance trip May 21, 2015
Bryan
"Pleasant and well located"
My husband and I spent two nights at the Inn by the Harbor. The room was on the small side but very clean and nicely decorated. Our only criticism was that it was a little warm, even with the air conditioning running. The Inn is within walking distance of the beach and some very nice restaurants. Those interested in the shops along State Street should probably drive. Parking garages are conveniently located and reasonably priced. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We received several excellent suggestions for dinner along with a map pinpointing each one.
Other trip May 13, 2015
"Shower wasn't clean"
The gentleman at the reception desk was excellent. But the room was disgusting because there was hairs in my soap dish in the shower. Afterwards, I could only focus on the cleaniness of the bathroom and ended up wearing my slippers around in the room not wanting to go barefooted. I know the staff works really hard but come please make sure the rooms are at least clean for the next guests.
1 night business trip May 6, 2015
Wandee
"Great small hotel for Santa Barbara"
Pleasant surprise for not being sure what to expect. Beautiful older spanish style hotel that is lovingly cared for. Courtyard is exquisitely manicured...very lush. Full kitchen in room that we didn't use since we stayed just for a night but it gave us ideas for a future visit. Easy walk to the pier. Very comfortable and very clean!!
Other trip May 10, 2015
Ana Banana
"Quiet location near shore front"
First time in Santa Barbara so we followed a daughter's recommendation. She stayed in the sister property to this one, the Brisas, but we could not book our desired room there. We would gladly stay here again. Room was quiet at night in spite of activity at the ballpark. That made it feel more like home. Only complaint would be lighting in the bathroom and lack of a fan, but that was minor. The small kitchen came in handy.
2 night romance trip May 5, 2015
"California getaway"
Very friendly staff, good breakfast.
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Greetings John, Thank you for the 4 stars and for your kind compliments. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Should your travels bring you back to Santa Barbara, we hope you visit us again. Best wishes, Greg Broussard ~ General Manager
1 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
"Best of Santa Barbara"
The staff were all friendly and helpful. Anthony at the front desk gave us tons of information - best restaurants, sights to see, how to get around, etc. The grounds are pretty and clean. The rooms were clean and the two- bed room had a huge bathroom and full kitchen. Wine/cheese, milk/cookies were nice additions. Free bikes were great fun. Good breakfast. Would definitely recommend and return.
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Greetings Carol, Thank you for the 5 stars and for your kind compliments toward our staff and particularly Anthony. We are fortunately to have a wonderful hotel team who genuinely care about offering the best experience for each of our guests. Should your travels bring you back to Santa Barbara, we hope you visit us again. Best wishes, Greg Broussard ~ General Manager
1 night family trip Apr 30, 2015
"Nice place in Santa Barbara"
Nice old hotel. We'll run. Great bkfast
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Greetings Martin, Thank you for the 5 stars and for your kind compliments. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Should your travels bring you back to Santa Barbara, we hope you visit us again. Best wishes, Greg Broussard ~ General Manager
3 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Martin
"In by the Harbour"
I block from the beach and harbour. Walking distance to Downtown. Nice breakefst, aftenoon wine and cheese, evening cookies and milk. Pool and hot tub kept in good condition.
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Greetings Greg, Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our hotel. We hope to see you again. Warmly, Greg Broussard ~ General Manager
1 night family trip Apr 22, 2015
Greg
"Charming place. Great location."
I spent one night there on business. It was an easy walk to downtown for dinner and theatre. And an easy walk to the harbor for breakfast in the morning. The room was clean and rather pleasant. A bit of old Santa Barbara feel to it. I chose the hotel because it was the most reasonably priced place to stay that day. I looked into staying there when I come back the following month, but the price is almost double at the time -- which I think is overpriced for what you get. But if that doesn't bother you, it is a nice place to stay.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Jay
"A+ for Awesome!"
Super friendly front desk staff. Quite room with the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in at a hotel! Housekeeping staff very accommodating. The room we stayed in faced the inside courtyard--- it's beautiful. The shower head was adjustable with good pressure. Our room had a mini kitchen with microwave, full refrig, sink, and utincils. The bathroom had a full closet. The breakfast, wine & cheese and cookies & milk gave our stay that extra touch.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Perfect Stay at Inn by the Harbor"
We had a fabulous time, enjoyed the free happy hour, beautiful gardens and wonderful staff! We could walk to the Harbor & restaurants, it was the perfect hotel destination for us!
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Wow ~ Thank you for this wonderful review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and very much appreciate that you took the time to tell others about it. We hope to see you again soon. Warmly, Greg Broussard ~ General Manager
2 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
Helpful and pleasant staff! Close to beach and bikes are a plus!!
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"Enjoyed our stay."
We enjoyed our stay very much. Staff was really wonderful. The hotel was dated which is why we didn't give highest rating. But we definitely would come back and recommend to others. I remember, in particular, both Peter and Frank as extremely helpful and very pleasant.
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Greetings Neal, Thank you for your wonderful compliments about our hotel team and in particular for appreciating Peter and Frank. We look forward to your next visit. Greg, Peter, Frank, and the entire hotel team ~
3 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
Neal
Very clean and recently remodeled. Only drawback is the pool deck could use a sprucing up but I'm sure this is on their agenda. All in all a nicely maintained facility.
tim
"Small rooms"
Very Small room
1 night romance trip Mar 18, 2015
Very clean and quiet hotel. The staff was excellent.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"Old and run down MOTEL style"
This is really not a hotel but a motel ! When I checked in I was told sorry I booked a queen size bed and as I was traveling with my 17year old there to show him collages I asked for a room with two beds I could see they had plenty . I was told I would have to pay $25 extra and I just thought what a rip off the place is so run down. The beds R soft and very lumpy killed my back also the bathroom every hinge is rusty . Vanity was falling apart. Rust stains in showers .the one desk chair they had was so lumpy and broken couldn't sit on it . This hotel is a motel and not worth more the $80 however I paid around $189 .its run down and old
1 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
susan
"Adequate..but not worth the cost"
Room was just okay. I expected more for the price. This place is better suited for long term stays given the full kitchen. The Bad: Carpet was dirty and pulled up in places, remotes had grease spots that were easily wiped off (it was not cleaned properly), provided toiletries were subpar (conditioning shampoo instead of separate shampoo and conditioner), deluxe continental breakfast was cereal, muffins/bread/bagels, and some fruit - not really deluxe. Cleanliness and décor was on level with <$100/night highway motels that I've stayed at. The Good: Location (2-3 blocks from the pier/beach), free bike rentals, free afternoon wine and cheese, and free evening cookies and milk. The staff was helpful and courteous. The pool and hot tub looked very nice but I did not get a chance to try them out. Overall impression: If this place renovated rooms and/or hired a better cleaning staff, I would highly recommend it. Until then, it is not worth the cost. You can find a room of similar quality for much less cost.
1 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2015
Rebecca
"close"
clean,comfortable,tight room,close to everything
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Greetings Bernard, We are glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Should your travels bring you back to Santa Barbara, we hope you visit us again.
1 night romance trip Mar 9, 2015
bernard
"Please secrets of Inn By The Harbor"
My stay was really nice. The hotel staff were professional, attentive and friendly. The breakfast bar and afternoon wine, cheese, cracker bar was a nice surprise too. I noticed a lot of the people were coming in from outside the US, i.e., Norway, German, England so it made it interested to listen to the different languages. Everyone smiling. I had an end unit with two queen beds. There was a dining room table with 2 chairs, a full-size kitchen, a nice size bathroom with a closet in the bathroom,it was an extra large bedroom. Furniture and carpet are clean, functional but could be upgraded. Very cozy and interesting landscape with beautiful plants in the area. I would definitely return. everyone there seemed to be enjoying themselves including me. Not a fun place for children but for adults, it's great.
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Wow Linda, thank you for this fabulous review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and very much appreciate your compliments about our hotel team. We are fortunate to have a wonderful team who take great pride in offering exceptional service to all our guests. It sounds like you were able to truly experience the pleasures of our hotel from our tasty treats, to our comfortable guest rooms, and a multi-cultural environment. Thank you again Linda. Warmly, Greg Broussard ~ General Manager
2 night family trip Mar 10, 2015
"What a surprise"
Overnighter in Santa Barbara. Booked last minute, and was pleasantly surprised. Super amenities including free bikes to use, pool, etc. Nightly complementary wine, cheese, crackers, fruit... then later, milk and cookies. Staff was outstanding, friendly and very helpful. Huge room with full kitchen and updated bath. Great Spanish Villa design. Delightful visit. Will stay there again next time we are close by.
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Thank you Randy for your wonderful compliments about our hotel - you’ve said it all. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience with us during your overnight in Santa Barbara. Please visit us again soon! Greg Broussard, General Manager
1 night romance trip Feb 24, 2015
Randy
"Visit to see old friends."
This is an old property but nicely remodeled. The staff is very friendly and helpful. A very nice find in an ultra expensive neighborhood.
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Thank you Jim for your lovely compliments about our hotel team. We look forward to see you again. Greg Broussard, General Manager
3 night trip with friends Mar 5, 2015
"Very nice place to stay in Santa Barbara"
We had a great time at the Inn by the Harbor It was a lovely hotel providing a good breakfast , ,wine and cheese ,bicycles and delicious cookies after dinner . I highly recommend this hotel with its twin sister "Las brisas del mar' where you borrow the bikes . But the jacuzzi and the pool are in the charming inner patio of the Inn at the Harbor The staff is very helpful and very friendly, '
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
We are 70
"Inn by my heart"
Frank at the front desk was great- super helpful and kind.
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Inn by the Harbor and for your lovely comments regarding Frank, our wonderful Innkeeper. Every member of our hotel team takes great pride in the service they provide to our hotel guests and it is always wonderful when someone like you takes time out of their day to share their experience with other Hotels.com guests. We hope you visit us again soon. Warmly, Greg Broussard ~ General Manager
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"add bread and cold cuts to wine and cheese"
Need remaining area to be redeveloped and homeless removed from area.
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
"A trip within a trip."
Enjoyed the stay. Great breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. Good advice given re where to eat. Borrowed a bike and cycled down to Zoo along the cycle track by beach. Easy to walk from hotel to downtown and places of interest.
3 night trip Feb 16, 2015
Margaret
"Perfect Little Place"
This place was perfect for my mom and I. It was a few blocks from state street where we shopped and ate for 2 days. The hottub and pool are was beautiful! The complementary breakfast, cheese, and cookies were a nice touch. The staff was super friendly as well. We would stay here again.
2 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
Peggy
"Last minute room add-on"
Add on booking was cheerfully accommodated by Peter, who followed up with alternate room and then next day calling to fit us four into our first preference, not having to move. The Inn is well cared for, employees are efficient and welcoming, lobby breakfasts are plentiful, and well stocked. We will return.
1 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
If staying on the 2nd level there are many stairs to climb, with heavy luggage this can be difficult. Excellent service, especially Frank at the front desk. Room was comfortable, could have updates of curtains to make space more feel more up to date. The kitchen with a fridge was lovely, not sure if it is included in all rooms.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Santa Barbara"
Staff was excellent and helpful. Typical SB hotel/motel over priced but average for SB. We left a cookie on the kitchen counter and when we returned there were lots of ants. Maintenance responded quickly with traps, but that didn't help. They needed to spray the room. Refrigerator was loud. Easy freeway access and good location.
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
LANCE
Good, pricy, is this enough. Ok already. I will not do any more reviewed requiring lenthy comments
Perfect little place. Staff was awesome. Pool and hot tub were great. Free bike rentals. Close to pier harbor and beach. And bath robes in the rooms. I'm looking for an excuse to go back already.
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Greetings Edward, Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our hotel. We hope to see you again. Warmly, Greg Broussard ~ General Manager
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015