All hotels in Santa Barbara, California, United States of America
433 W Montecito St, Santa Barbara, CA, 93101, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Good internet service
  • Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Delicious food
  • Value
    Great amenities
"Old, patched, dirty"
The hotel was somewhat old and patched. The atmosphere was dark and dirty. Only a few times during my travels have I worn shoes in the room and this is one of those motels. It is not worthy of 3 stars and it is not worth the money I paid.
1 night business trip May 29, 2015
Cindy
"Nice place with lots of extras"
This hotel really goes the extra mile for their guests. Great staff, especially at the front desk. A nice,hot spa and well-maintained pool. Wine and cheese in the evening and house-baked cookies! The adjacent neighborhood has blossomed into a wine tasting and microbrew area and you can easily walk to that, or to the Amtrak station. I recommend this place.
1 night romance trip May 17, 2015
"Wonderful getaway"
We had a great stay. Location is a quick walk to the harbor, shops and restaurants and the beach. The room was very spacious and the amenities were nice such as the breakfast and the wine and cheese reception.
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
"Clean, spacious, and comfortable!"
This hotel was a great find! It is in a nice location only a few blocks away from the wharf. The room was clean, spacious, and the staff was extremely friendly. For road trippers, there is ample free parking just outside of the rooms. Overall we loved our stay and it served as a relaxing and cozy follow up to our day exploring the many wineries outside of Santa Barbara.
1 night romance trip May 21, 2015
Bryan
"Pleasant and well located"
My husband and I spent two nights at the Inn by the Harbor. The room was on the small side but very clean and nicely decorated. Our only criticism was that it was a little warm, even with the air conditioning running. The Inn is within walking distance of the beach and some very nice restaurants. Those interested in the shops along State Street should probably drive. Parking garages are conveniently located and reasonably priced. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We received several excellent suggestions for dinner along with a map pinpointing each one.
Other trip May 13, 2015
"Shower wasn't clean"
The gentleman at the reception desk was excellent. But the room was disgusting because there was hairs in my soap dish in the shower. Afterwards, I could only focus on the cleaniness of the bathroom and ended up wearing my slippers around in the room not wanting to go barefooted. I know the staff works really hard but come please make sure the rooms are at least clean for the next guests.
1 night business trip May 6, 2015
Wandee
"Great small hotel for Santa Barbara"
Pleasant surprise for not being sure what to expect. Beautiful older spanish style hotel that is lovingly cared for. Courtyard is exquisitely manicured...very lush. Full kitchen in room that we didn't use since we stayed just for a night but it gave us ideas for a future visit. Easy walk to the pier. Very comfortable and very clean!!
Other trip May 10, 2015
Ana Banana
"Quiet location near shore front"
First time in Santa Barbara so we followed a daughter's recommendation. She stayed in the sister property to this one, the Brisas, but we could not book our desired room there. We would gladly stay here again. Room was quiet at night in spite of activity at the ballpark. That made it feel more like home. Only complaint would be lighting in the bathroom and lack of a fan, but that was minor. The small kitchen came in handy.
2 night romance trip May 5, 2015
"California getaway"
Very friendly staff, good breakfast.
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Greetings John, Thank you for the 4 stars and for your kind compliments. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Should your travels bring you back to Santa Barbara, we hope you visit us again. Best wishes, Greg Broussard ~ General Manager
1 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
"Best of Santa Barbara"
The staff were all friendly and helpful. Anthony at the front desk gave us tons of information - best restaurants, sights to see, how to get around, etc. The grounds are pretty and clean. The rooms were clean and the two- bed room had a huge bathroom and full kitchen. Wine/cheese, milk/cookies were nice additions. Free bikes were great fun. Good breakfast. Would definitely recommend and return.
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Greetings Carol, Thank you for the 5 stars and for your kind compliments toward our staff and particularly Anthony. We are fortunately to have a wonderful hotel team who genuinely care about offering the best experience for each of our guests. Should your travels bring you back to Santa Barbara, we hope you visit us again. Best wishes, Greg Broussard ~ General Manager
1 night family trip Apr 30, 2015
"Nice place in Santa Barbara"
Nice old hotel. We'll run. Great bkfast
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Greetings Martin, Thank you for the 5 stars and for your kind compliments. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Should your travels bring you back to Santa Barbara, we hope you visit us again. Best wishes, Greg Broussard ~ General Manager
3 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Martin
"In by the Harbour"
I block from the beach and harbour. Walking distance to Downtown. Nice breakefst, aftenoon wine and cheese, evening cookies and milk. Pool and hot tub kept in good condition.
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Greetings Greg, Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our hotel. We hope to see you again. Warmly, Greg Broussard ~ General Manager
1 night family trip Apr 22, 2015
Greg
"Charming place. Great location."
I spent one night there on business. It was an easy walk to downtown for dinner and theatre. And an easy walk to the harbor for breakfast in the morning. The room was clean and rather pleasant. A bit of old Santa Barbara feel to it. I chose the hotel because it was the most reasonably priced place to stay that day. I looked into staying there when I come back the following month, but the price is almost double at the time -- which I think is overpriced for what you get. But if that doesn't bother you, it is a nice place to stay.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Jay
"A+ for Awesome!"
Super friendly front desk staff. Quite room with the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in at a hotel! Housekeeping staff very accommodating. The room we stayed in faced the inside courtyard--- it's beautiful. The shower head was adjustable with good pressure. Our room had a mini kitchen with microwave, full refrig, sink, and utincils. The bathroom had a full closet. The breakfast, wine & cheese and cookies & milk gave our stay that extra touch.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Perfect Stay at Inn by the Harbor"
We had a fabulous time, enjoyed the free happy hour, beautiful gardens and wonderful staff! We could walk to the Harbor & restaurants, it was the perfect hotel destination for us!
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Wow ~ Thank you for this wonderful review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and very much appreciate that you took the time to tell others about it. We hope to see you again soon. Warmly, Greg Broussard ~ General Manager
2 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
Helpful and pleasant staff! Close to beach and bikes are a plus!!
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"Enjoyed our stay."
We enjoyed our stay very much. Staff was really wonderful. The hotel was dated which is why we didn't give highest rating. But we definitely would come back and recommend to others. I remember, in particular, both Peter and Frank as extremely helpful and very pleasant.
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Greetings Neal, Thank you for your wonderful compliments about our hotel team and in particular for appreciating Peter and Frank. We look forward to your next visit. Greg, Peter, Frank, and the entire hotel team ~
3 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
Neal
Very clean and recently remodeled. Only drawback is the pool deck could use a sprucing up but I'm sure this is on their agenda. All in all a nicely maintained facility.
tim
"Small rooms"
Very Small room
1 night romance trip Mar 18, 2015
Very clean and quiet hotel. The staff was excellent.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"Old and run down MOTEL style"
This is really not a hotel but a motel ! When I checked in I was told sorry I booked a queen size bed and as I was traveling with my 17year old there to show him collages I asked for a room with two beds I could see they had plenty . I was told I would have to pay $25 extra and I just thought what a rip off the place is so run down. The beds R soft and very lumpy killed my back also the bathroom every hinge is rusty . Vanity was falling apart. Rust stains in showers .the one desk chair they had was so lumpy and broken couldn't sit on it . This hotel is a motel and not worth more the $80 however I paid around $189 .its run down and old
1 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
susan
"Adequate..but not worth the cost"
Room was just okay. I expected more for the price. This place is better suited for long term stays given the full kitchen. The Bad: Carpet was dirty and pulled up in places, remotes had grease spots that were easily wiped off (it was not cleaned properly), provided toiletries were subpar (conditioning shampoo instead of separate shampoo and conditioner), deluxe continental breakfast was cereal, muffins/bread/bagels, and some fruit - not really deluxe. Cleanliness and décor was on level with <$100/night highway motels that I've stayed at. The Good: Location (2-3 blocks from the pier/beach), free bike rentals, free afternoon wine and cheese, and free evening cookies and milk. The staff was helpful and courteous. The pool and hot tub looked very nice but I did not get a chance to try them out. Overall impression: If this place renovated rooms and/or hired a better cleaning staff, I would highly recommend it. Until then, it is not worth the cost. You can find a room of similar quality for much less cost.
1 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2015
Rebecca
"close"
clean,comfortable,tight room,close to everything
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Greetings Bernard, We are glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Should your travels bring you back to Santa Barbara, we hope you visit us again.
1 night romance trip Mar 9, 2015
bernard
"Please secrets of Inn By The Harbor"
My stay was really nice. The hotel staff were professional, attentive and friendly. The breakfast bar and afternoon wine, cheese, cracker bar was a nice surprise too. I noticed a lot of the people were coming in from outside the US, i.e., Norway, German, England so it made it interested to listen to the different languages. Everyone smiling. I had an end unit with two queen beds. There was a dining room table with 2 chairs, a full-size kitchen, a nice size bathroom with a closet in the bathroom,it was an extra large bedroom. Furniture and carpet are clean, functional but could be upgraded. Very cozy and interesting landscape with beautiful plants in the area. I would definitely return. everyone there seemed to be enjoying themselves including me. Not a fun place for children but for adults, it's great.
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Wow Linda, thank you for this fabulous review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and very much appreciate your compliments about our hotel team. We are fortunate to have a wonderful team who take great pride in offering exceptional service to all our guests. It sounds like you were able to truly experience the pleasures of our hotel from our tasty treats, to our comfortable guest rooms, and a multi-cultural environment. Thank you again Linda. Warmly, Greg Broussard ~ General Manager
2 night family trip Mar 10, 2015
"What a surprise"
Overnighter in Santa Barbara. Booked last minute, and was pleasantly surprised. Super amenities including free bikes to use, pool, etc. Nightly complementary wine, cheese, crackers, fruit... then later, milk and cookies. Staff was outstanding, friendly and very helpful. Huge room with full kitchen and updated bath. Great Spanish Villa design. Delightful visit. Will stay there again next time we are close by.
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Thank you Randy for your wonderful compliments about our hotel - you’ve said it all. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience with us during your overnight in Santa Barbara. Please visit us again soon! Greg Broussard, General Manager
1 night romance trip Feb 24, 2015
Randy
"Visit to see old friends."
This is an old property but nicely remodeled. The staff is very friendly and helpful. A very nice find in an ultra expensive neighborhood.
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Thank you Jim for your lovely compliments about our hotel team. We look forward to see you again. Greg Broussard, General Manager
3 night trip with friends Mar 5, 2015
"Very nice place to stay in Santa Barbara"
We had a great time at the Inn by the Harbor It was a lovely hotel providing a good breakfast , ,wine and cheese ,bicycles and delicious cookies after dinner . I highly recommend this hotel with its twin sister "Las brisas del mar' where you borrow the bikes . But the jacuzzi and the pool are in the charming inner patio of the Inn at the Harbor The staff is very helpful and very friendly, '
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
We are 70
"Inn by my heart"
Frank at the front desk was great- super helpful and kind.
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Inn by the Harbor and for your lovely comments regarding Frank, our wonderful Innkeeper. Every member of our hotel team takes great pride in the service they provide to our hotel guests and it is always wonderful when someone like you takes time out of their day to share their experience with other Hotels.com guests. We hope you visit us again soon. Warmly, Greg Broussard ~ General Manager
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"add bread and cold cuts to wine and cheese"
Need remaining area to be redeveloped and homeless removed from area.
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
"A trip within a trip."
Enjoyed the stay. Great breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. Good advice given re where to eat. Borrowed a bike and cycled down to Zoo along the cycle track by beach. Easy to walk from hotel to downtown and places of interest.
3 night trip Feb 16, 2015
Margaret
"Perfect Little Place"
This place was perfect for my mom and I. It was a few blocks from state street where we shopped and ate for 2 days. The hottub and pool are was beautiful! The complementary breakfast, cheese, and cookies were a nice touch. The staff was super friendly as well. We would stay here again.
2 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
Peggy
"Last minute room add-on"
Add on booking was cheerfully accommodated by Peter, who followed up with alternate room and then next day calling to fit us four into our first preference, not having to move. The Inn is well cared for, employees are efficient and welcoming, lobby breakfasts are plentiful, and well stocked. We will return.
1 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
If staying on the 2nd level there are many stairs to climb, with heavy luggage this can be difficult. Excellent service, especially Frank at the front desk. Room was comfortable, could have updates of curtains to make space more feel more up to date. The kitchen with a fridge was lovely, not sure if it is included in all rooms.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Santa Barbara"
Staff was excellent and helpful. Typical SB hotel/motel over priced but average for SB. We left a cookie on the kitchen counter and when we returned there were lots of ants. Maintenance responded quickly with traps, but that didn't help. They needed to spray the room. Refrigerator was loud. Easy freeway access and good location.
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
LANCE
Good, pricy, is this enough. Ok already. I will not do any more reviewed requiring lenthy comments
Perfect little place. Staff was awesome. Pool and hot tub were great. Free bike rentals. Close to pier harbor and beach. And bath robes in the rooms. I'm looking for an excuse to go back already.
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Greetings Edward, Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our hotel. We hope to see you again. Warmly, Greg Broussard ~ General Manager
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
Edward
"Road trip stop"
Last minute road trip and it was getting dark, we didn't know where to stay! I so glad we found this quaint little place. Upon our fast checking-in we were offered cookies and milk, then off to find our room that was a little old but very clean. The pool and spa were clean and welcoming. Our overall experience, nice a 9 out of 10.
1 night trip with friends Jan 25, 2015
"Warm and welcoming stay. Wonderful staff!"
The hotel was clean although a little dated. They could really make it superb with some paint and updating silk flowers etc. The staff were incredible. Probably the best anywhere! All of the little niceties like wine and cheese and cookies and milk really made the stay quite nice. Free bike rental was also a bonus. We took advantage of that. It was great!
2 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
"Great B&B near the water in Santa Babara"
Traveled as a couple in early January. Had a wonderful time at this B&B. The service was top notch, and they have partnerships with a few other B&Bs in the area (I believe they are all under the same ownership), so you can borrow bikes to take along the beach. The beach is just a stone's throw away, and it's also a quick ride over to the popular State Street. Be sure to enjoy the afternoon wine/cheese cookies/milk offerings!
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Tamiz
"Amazing!"
Amazing Service!! The people at the front desk are super friendly and really nice!
1 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
"Older but well maintained"
Not really by the harbor, but not far and good location. Moderate street noise Older but well maintained
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"In by the Harbor"
Very comfortable bed. Good breakfast. Kitchen a great bonus for those on a budget. Room was what you would expect for age of and type of building. Overall a great choice for value seeking travelor who values comfortable bed and decent quality for continental breakfast
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
"Weekend Stay in Santa Barbara"
Location is excellent based on weekend price. Staff is excellent. Room and bathroom are small.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
SDPutter
"Needing some updating"
Clean room and comfortable, but the room needed an update out of the 70's.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
DD
"Anniversary Stay at The Inn By The Harbor"
Upstairs room was a little small, but adequate. Requested to change to a ground floor room. We were told that the Inn was full and the only thing left was a two room suite. The parking lot was never full and there isn't a lot of parking. Sunday we only saw three other people there. Full????? The bed was a little soft for my liking. My wife was comfortable. The wine and cheese reception was nice and the continental breakfast was plenty adequate with all the usual stuff well stocked and available. Room and bedding all clean and comfortable. It rained our first two days there, so we were unable to use the pool and spa until the day we checked out. They had drained the spa, so we had to wait until they refilled it and it heated up. Once it heated up it was nice and we know it was clean and treated. The pool was nice also,even for January. Peter at the front desk on Saturday night helped us with a cab and restaurant recommendations. Very helpful. Clerk on Sunday morning not so helpful with recommendations for getting to State Street. I don't think he wanted to be there. We have been wanting to stay there based on reviews and finally gave it a try for our 7th anniversary celebration. Satisfactory, but will probably try somewhere else closer to the beach next time.
2 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Walter
"Nice, comfy and large rooms!"
This is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at in Santa Barbara. The deluxe king was large, spacious and had a large kitchen. More like a studio than s hotel room! I will definitely stay there again!
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Teresa
"A Wonderful Hotel"
This is a wonderful hotel. The setting is lovely (gardens, flowering vines, ferns, large trees, a green lawn, etc.); the location is perfect; the staff are friendly and quite responsive. I would recommend it highly to anyone.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Overnight is not enough!"
I wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the facility more!
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Wonderful Stay"
We were visiting our son and his girlfriend in CA over New Years and stayed at the inn for a weekend family getaway. We couldn't say enough about Anthony,the staff and their service. They went out of their way to make sure we had a great time! The breakfast , cookies ,wine and cheese were welcomed. We also took advantage of the free bikes . The inn is centrally located and seems to attract a friendly group of visitors. Would definitely stay here again!
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
We asked for a quiet room in the back. Great location… easy to get to downtown and to the beach.
Response by Inn By The Harbor
Greetings from Santa Barbara, Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our hotel. We hope to see you again. Warmly, Greg Broussard ~ General Manager
Other trip Jan 5, 2015