All hotels in San Juan, Puerto Rico

Very simple place.
2 night trip Mar 5, 2015
Israel
"Thank you Ed!!! :)"
I stayed at the Casa del Caribe at the end of my stay in Puerto Rico. I stayed for three nights. I was very pleased with my overall experience. Ed was always at the front desk being helpful and pleasant. I loved the atmosphere! It was very tropical and laid back. It's in the heart of Condado. I love that area in San Juan! I definitely will be back next year on my way to or from Rincon, PR.
3 night trip with friends Mar 9, 2015
"Nice place to stay"
If you need a no-frills accommodation in a pretty nice location, at a good price, this works. Juice, coffee, milk, some sweet rolls, toast and cold cereal are the breakfast offerings. The room is super clean, the bathroom recently upgraded with plenty of hot water. The staff is efficient and check-in was a breeze, even with a trainee behind the desk. I would stay here again.
2 night trip Mar 13, 2015
Wayne
"Good place to stay"
It's nothing luxurious but it's not a bad place to stay either. My stay here was very comfortable especially since I had the room to myself
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
Jay
"adequate"
We were booked for casa del caribe but was placed in their sister hotel. El canario. It would have nice to know this in advance. The hotel was very appealing on the outside but the room was small. The tv. Was small and placed on the side of the room. We did have breakfast. But was very basic. It would have been nice to have fruit. It was adequate but would not recommend it due to being small
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
jeff
"Better at $125"
seems too expensive - The staff was nice - breakfast was not "all that."
2 night trip with friends Mar 9, 2015
Martin
"Fair"
Nice hotel if you just want it for sleep. The room is small. Bed is comfortable, but the AC is facing the bed and right next to the bathroom... Not big problem but not too comfortable either..... No parking lot available, but there is a parking lot very close only about 3 minutes walk. The location is pretty close to the beach.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Nice hotel close to everything"
We had booked two nights on separate reservations. When we checked in they told us we would have to change rooms on the 2nd day unless we wanted to move over to their sister property The El Canario which was around the corner and just down the street. The El Canario was very nice for a small hotel. We had booked a run of the house room so I think they gave us the smallest room in the house. It was very small. Other than that the hotel was nice for the price. If you want a good rate and don't mind a small room then this is a good location. Of course not all of their rooms are as small as the one we had. That being said, the property is right across the street from several restaurants and bars and the beach is just around the corner. The night life in this area is very nice. There is also a CVS and Walgreens just a short walk down the street. The hotel has free WiFi that works well but we couldn't get a good signal in our room. The El Canario also has a very nice patio to hang out on and connect to their wifi. The breakfast buffet does not offer much besides coffee, juice, toast, pastries, and cereal. For the price, we would stay here again but try to get a bigger room. . Also the hotel does not have an elevator.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Great Deal for the Price"
Not a five-star hotel, but covers the essentials perfectly. For those not planning to spend much time in their room, this is a great way to save money to spend on other things. Room was clean, cool, and hotel staff was very accommodating. No problems.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Dom
"The ONLY good thing is LOCATION"
We arrived at 3 pm and we had to walk carrying our bags to the other branch called El Canario Inn because there was not a room ready for us. In El Canario Inn we had to wait for about 30 min for the room to be ready. We stayed for 5 nights. The double-bed room is tiny (a little bit bigger than than the size of the bed). There is a TV with only one channel and NO remote control (only important for people who use TV to fall asleep at night). The staff was not helpful and sometimes rude. We complained about the people in the room next to us being extremely noisy at night and nothing was done about it. TV issue was not fixed either. Breakfast consisted of a few kind of pastry; that's all. WIFI was super slow. It was easy to hear everything going on surrounding the hotel (a lot of noise at night) Location is great close to restaurants/bars and the beach. Overall I would not recommend it to anyone.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Norah
Just off the busy main street, the hotel is quiet and welcoming, and the staff friendly and useful. If you arrive late, be sure to read the check in instructions on the right hand side above the door lock, as you may have to check in at their other hotel -- about a 2 min walk. Overall, we had a great stay.
1 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
Armando
"Recent stay at hotel 2/2015"
I had a reservation confirmed for casa del caribe. Upon arrival I was switched to the sister hotel el canario. No one notified me of the change. The service is ok not what I expected
2 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
"Simply Puerto Rico"
This was exactly how my wife and I expected and wanted it to be. If you are looking for a cookie cutter room that says nothing about where you are then pay more for the Marriott. Cas Del Caribe was the perfect room and atmosphere to compliment our travel to Puerto Rico. The rooms are not perfectly manicured or updated, but they are comfortable an practical. No, there is no phone or clock (you are on vacation) and the "breakfast" is minimal. Casa Del Caribe is a short walk or cab ride ($15 standard rate no meters) from everything in San Juan and Old San Juan. Great location. Important note: The front desk is open 8am-6pm They were always helpful. If you are not checking in during these hours, you need the alternate phone #(787)722-3919 for assistance. Overall enjoyable experience. We wouldn't hesitate to stay again. If simple is your style, then you will be happy.
5 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
Megan
"Bad service"
We waited close to 30 minutes before we were even attended to, after which we were told that they had no documentation of our reservation. Luckily they had a room available at their sister hotel down the road but when we entered we found a huge water leak from the ceiling and had to be moved again. The place was okay, just very small, but the service was the worst part of our stay. An older gentleman who seemed to run the place had terrible customer service skills and made us wait several times for things like checking in and even getting into the building itself. For what we paid we were definitely disappointed.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Samantha
"puerto rico tourism to complain."
Our reservations were canceled and we ended up staying in another hptel of theirs. Embarrassed when they showed the room and had no choice. They claimed that there was an overbooking on your part. I would not recommend this place to anyone. I am also writing to
3 night trip with friends Feb 19, 2015
Lydia
"Cheap place to stay"
A cheap place to sleep and that is it. The breakfast is two Tupperware containers with Danishes and bread, juice and coffee. Nothing else The front desk is out side and there are three people there. Two are nice and one is grumpy. The room- the tv had one Spanish channel, the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was interesting :). The screen to the window was damaged so the bugs and Mosquitos could get in the room. The water took a while to heat up and when it did it was scolding. The floor in the shower was dirty. The neighborhood was ok. There is a cvs and wal greens where you can get what you need. The beach is a block or two away and it is nice. The hotel however is good enough if your looking to go out all day and to lay your head at night. Everything else you may be looking for isn't there.
4 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
"Absent"
cleanup crew just passed by once, the bathroom was dirty, sink looked like it was falling off the wall. Breakfast was included but pastries offered were stale. It felt like we were by ourselves kind of unsafe
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"IT's A TROLL HOTEL!!! Very depressing...."
I would NOT recommend this hotel. The rooms have NO windows, so if your headed to San Juan to enjoy the view or even the sun.... stay else where. The rooms are gloomy, no windows AT ALL in the room. Dark, secluded.... EEK ! The photos they have posted are NOT what you get when you get there...lol Not even close. We actually never even checked in. I asked to look at the room and said NO WAY... and we called a cab and went to another hotel. The kid at the front desk was very polite though?!
2 night business trip Feb 8, 2015
Dari
Great little place to stay close to everything. Staff friendly place was clean.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"basic but good value. great location."
quaint, and basic. perfect location.
2 night trip with friends Jan 30, 2015
"We stayed just for one night"
The manager upgraded us to a king size bed. The room was nice and walking distance to bars, restaurants, and the beach. The bed felt good too. It's not a huge room but big enough if you're only in the room to change clothes and sleep. Plus you get a free breakfast. We found a couple Mosquitos in the room but they didn't last long (squished them). I would go there again.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
"Decent place, if you plan on just sleeping there"
The hotel was decent enough for a weekend stay, we didn't plan on spending too much time in the hotel itself, so the fact that it wasn't amazing wasn't a huge problem. Was hoping for at least a queen size bed in our room seeing as we paid extra for "the run of the house" but it was a full size and a twin (and the ice machine was located right outside the window). Overall, great location being one block from the beach and Condado was a fun area!
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
sara
"Never again..."
The first thing Mr. Ed told me was that he was having lots of problems with Expidia and the room you sell me was not available and they transfer me to another location near by.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Wallington
"Great location, good hotel"
Great location, actually they offered us to move to a hotel a block away with 24-hour front desk. Not much of a breakfast
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Vladimir
Quiet and clean. Perfect place to chill and relax.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Vanessa
"Great for the money!"
Get stay! Nice staff. Small hotel, but it right across the street from Marriott. Everything is in walking distance, 100 steps to beach sand. Will be back for sure.
5 night trip Dec 11, 2014
Edmund
Owner was very nice an accommodating! No parking is kind of a hassle but there is a pay per hour parking right across the street so maybe include that in your budget for your stay. I would definitely stay there again
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"First B&B experience."
We had always been looking for a B&B in PR, and were so excited when we finally found one with such an amazing location for such a great price. It's a very nice, homey place. The room we got assigned was fairly spacious for two people, and was quite private. The bathroom is just okay; it could have a better shower. The bed is not the worst ever, but when you get used to your bed, well.. It has a TV that "has about 100 channels" but actually about 20 of them work. One bad thing is the noisy A/C. The breakfast leaves much to be desired. They don't even have fresh fruit. They offer toast, cereal, coffee, juice, and some pastries. They don't offer parking, but you can park on the lot just in front of the hotel for $17 for 24hrs. Overall, I'd stay there again because it's really economic and the location is amazing.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Valerie
"Nice comfort. ."
The hotel was nice, it's like a villa I stayed in when I travel to Caribbean . Very quiet, seriously close to everything! Airport was only 10 mins away, beach ony 2 blocks, you need a key to enter the property and that made me feel very safe although the neighborhood was really nice. lots of restaurants and food were really good and great service all around. Will try to return in a few months .
1 night family trip Jan 7, 2015
EDWARD
It was good. Only one thing that it could be better the illumination of the room and a parking disponibility
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
Celia
Our room was like a dungeon. Dark and just barely large enough to fit a full size bed. There were windows but there were coverings on them that didn't allow us to open them.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"personal matters"
Should provide parking space.
1 night family trip Dec 9, 2014
"Definitely stay here again."
We were relocated with an upgrade to el Canario inn. One of their other branches. Very close to the beach. Right at ashford Avenue at condado which is like "the spot" for a reasonable price. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean. Though the only thing I didn't like was the breakfast. The bread was stale. And there weren't much options. I was expecting a killer more in breakfast. But never mind. Will definitely stay again. I had a good time. Staff is very helpful and friendly.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Comfy Hotel"
very safe, nice environment. Clean room. QUITE PLACE. CENTRALLY LOCATED.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
lakey
"You pay for what you get"
It was a low cost option and by no means luxurious. It served its purpose and the staff was nice
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
avis2783
"You get what you pay for (...not much)"
I chose Casa del Caribe because I needed something cheap for a single night. It was acceptable as a room with a bed for an evening, but if you're looking for anything more, look elsewhere. The term "B&B" suggests to me a charming house converted for guest stays and a nice meal, neither of which this place provided. The room was sparse and shoddy, with a sticky wood floor, cruddy bathroom and an A/C that sputtered and choked. Upon exiting the room in the morning, the entire hall reeked of bleach, so I'm thinking the maid isn't too choosy with what substances she clean the rooms. I skipped the breakfast, because it consisted of an old pot of coffee and white bread to toast yourself. The location is good, close to the beach, and various restaurants, but the place itself is to pass on unless your ONLY concern is saving money on your hotel stay.
Adam
"Great location and very close to the beach."
Love love love Miguel at the front desk he made my trip awesome. They should definitely hire more people like him he's the best!
cathy
"Cute B&B"
HAD A VERY NICE STAY THERE. SIMPLE BUT NICE. CLOSE TO THE BEACH AND DINING.
Yve
"Humble abode. The bed was not comfortable, hard"
A great wind down spot after a week long cruise. Not like the big chain hotels, this location is small and charming
Ms. G.
"Cute dog, cute space, but bad service"
When I first arrived, I was optimistic. Cute area, close to the beach, fairly clean room. But then the city turned off the water and the hotel couldn't really do anything about it. Then I only had boiling hot water, and then only cold. It appeared as though this was only a problem in my room, and unfortunately the hotel didn't have any other open rooms for me so I ended up checking out early. There was a very cute dog there who made my 2 nights without water still enjoyable.
Abby
"Not Recommend"
The room was ok. But i found hair in the bathroom. Housekeeping only 1 in 5 days, tv too small. Bed very no confortable at all.
4 night trip Nov 3, 2014
"P.R. stay in the bed and breakfast"
It was good... just the best was uncomfortable. .ace worked off n on and breakfast wasn't much! No kinda protein just carbs n sugar.
2 night romance trip Oct 22, 2014
Leah
"Very Satisfied!"
Everything was perfect.
3 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
Emny
"Practical and easy access"
Walking distance to the beach, restaurants and casinos.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Retired
"Very comfortable little B&B!"
We enjoyed our short stay here. It is close to the beach and several good restaurants. And just a nice place in the busy city.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2014
Les
"A nightmare fixed by a great employee!"
First 3 days were a nightmare! The room can't be called even that! That was a closet! And when I complained The guy at front desk did no care and looked at me like crazy. But I know hotels.com tried to help. On the morning of the next day there was lady named Ivelisse at the front desk, and she was awesome. She moved me to another of their hotels just around the corner which was a lot better! She was great! So it was a mixed expierence, depending on the employee!
5 night family trip Oct 9, 2014
Ramon
Nice hotel not luxury, but has everything you need for a couple of days
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
mariano
"Very Pleasant Stay!"
Very quiet and peaceful place in a nice area! Not to far to the beach and activities.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Leslie Gross
"Great Stay!"
Nice quiet little B&B, very pleasant place to stay!
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
Leslie
"Nice hotel. In the heart of El Condado"
Hotel accomodations were excellent! Staff very helpful
Other trip Oct 6, 2014