All hotels in San Juan, Puerto Rico
57 Caribe St., Condado, San Juan, 00907, Puerto Rico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Definitely stay here again."
We were relocated with an upgrade to el Canario inn. One of their other branches. Very close to the beach. Right at ashford Avenue at condado which is like "the spot" for a reasonable price. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean. Though the only thing I didn't like was the breakfast. The bread was stale. And there weren't much options. I was expecting a killer more in breakfast. But never mind. Will definitely stay again. I had a good time. Staff is very helpful and friendly.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Comfy Hotel"
very safe, nice environment. Clean room. QUITE PLACE. CENTRALLY LOCATED.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
lakey
"You pay for what you get"
It was a low cost option and by no means luxurious. It served its purpose and the staff was nice
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
avis2783
"You get what you pay for (...not much)"
I chose Casa del Caribe because I needed something cheap for a single night. It was acceptable as a room with a bed for an evening, but if you're looking for anything more, look elsewhere. The term "B&B" suggests to me a charming house converted for guest stays and a nice meal, neither of which this place provided. The room was sparse and shoddy, with a sticky wood floor, cruddy bathroom and an A/C that sputtered and choked. Upon exiting the room in the morning, the entire hall reeked of bleach, so I'm thinking the maid isn't too choosy with what substances she clean the rooms. I skipped the breakfast, because it consisted of an old pot of coffee and white bread to toast yourself. The location is good, close to the beach, and various restaurants, but the place itself is to pass on unless your ONLY concern is saving money on your hotel stay.
Adam
"Great location and very close to the beach."
Love love love Miguel at the front desk he made my trip awesome. They should definitely hire more people like him he's the best!
cathy
"Cute B&B"
HAD A VERY NICE STAY THERE. SIMPLE BUT NICE. CLOSE TO THE BEACH AND DINING.
Yve
"Humble abode. The bed was not comfortable, hard"
A great wind down spot after a week long cruise. Not like the big chain hotels, this location is small and charming
Ms. G.
"Cute dog, cute space, but bad service"
When I first arrived, I was optimistic. Cute area, close to the beach, fairly clean room. But then the city turned off the water and the hotel couldn't really do anything about it. Then I only had boiling hot water, and then only cold. It appeared as though this was only a problem in my room, and unfortunately the hotel didn't have any other open rooms for me so I ended up checking out early. There was a very cute dog there who made my 2 nights without water still enjoyable.
Abby
"Not Recommend"
The room was ok. But i found hair in the bathroom. Housekeeping only 1 in 5 days, tv too small. Bed very no confortable at all.
4 night trip Nov 3, 2014
"P.R. stay in the bed and breakfast"
It was good... just the best was uncomfortable. .ace worked off n on and breakfast wasn't much! No kinda protein just carbs n sugar.
2 night romance trip Oct 22, 2014
Leah
"Very Satisfied!"
Everything was perfect.
3 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
Emny
"Practical and easy access"
Walking distance to the beach, restaurants and casinos.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Retired
"Very comfortable little B&B!"
We enjoyed our short stay here. It is close to the beach and several good restaurants. And just a nice place in the busy city.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2014
Les
"A nightmare fixed by a great employee!"
First 3 days were a nightmare! The room can't be called even that! That was a closet! And when I complained The guy at front desk did no care and looked at me like crazy. But I know hotels.com tried to help. On the morning of the next day there was lady named Ivelisse at the front desk, and she was awesome. She moved me to another of their hotels just around the corner which was a lot better! She was great! So it was a mixed expierence, depending on the employee!
5 night family trip Oct 9, 2014
Ramon
Nice hotel not luxury, but has everything you need for a couple of days
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
mariano
"Very Pleasant Stay!"
Very quiet and peaceful place in a nice area! Not to far to the beach and activities.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Leslie Gross
"Great Stay!"
Nice quiet little B&B, very pleasant place to stay!
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
Leslie
"Nice hotel. In the heart of El Condado"
Hotel accomodations were excellent! Staff very helpful
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Grisselle
"Not nice at all"
Not a hotel, but a hostal. Widely different to the pictures they show.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
ernestomorales2
"close to everything!"
across the street from the condado Mariott in Ashford Ave - walking distance to everything casino,bars,other hotels like La concha,El Atlantic with a great ocean view bar,stores and pharmacys for the price its a bargain. I would definitely stay there again!!
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
El honguito
"Pretty convenient in location, lots in walking"
We first arrived at Casa de Caribe, but were "upgraded" to a sister location right around the corner. Queen bed, hardwood floors, simple and efficient. I'm happy with simple. I don't like to spend a lot of money on fancy luxury resorts. No pool or anything but the ocean is like 2 blocks away; just go to a bar and meet some cool people staying at a big resort and use their pool. They have a rent a towel program, all you do is sign it out. The maids did their job. Breakfast was simple and convenient. If you focus more on sight seeing and fun activities, this is a great priced place to stay.
3 night trip Sep 15, 2014
Jaz
"Excellent Location"
The room was comfortable and clean. . The TV quality was poor, but we didn't watch too much TV anyway. The breakfast was abundant and the fact that they have a refrigerator is great because if you have dietary restrictions like I do, then you can buy, store and eat the food that you want. Also the outside patio was nice for sitting in and relaxing after a hot day outside either at the beach or sightseeing.
4 night family trip Sep 10, 2014
The Leteliers
"very bad hotel, never recommend anybody for this h"
never stay in this hotel as no sunlight, clock & telephone in the room. too many mosquitoes so unable to sleep. Front desk guy was rude. Bathtub was broken & as you shower everything sticks from tub to your feet. room, bed sheet, pillow cover everything was dirty & smell bad.
4 night trip Sep 10, 2014
"very bad hotel & the front desk guy was rude. Also"
the rooms are very bad & there was no clock & no telephone in the room. Don't get sunlight as they have put wood outside window so you can not get any sunlight from there. The bathtub was broken as we take shower everything from there stick on the feet. So many mosquitoes in the room even we spray so cannot sleep for all night.The bed sheet & pillowcase were smell very bad & dirty. As they show picture of rooms, the rooms were not like that. The front desk guy was rude as we ask him to change the room, he says no that I'll not change the room. So I don't recommend anybody to stay in this hotel ever...We pay lot of money for 5 nights but not worthy & there was no phone to call..
1 night family trip Sep 14, 2014
"Underwhelming B&B"
I was supposed to have stayed at this B&B for 7 days, but, fortunately on my third day, a power line transformer exploded due to excess rain, causing a blackout in the vicinity. Most of the guests, including myself, requested that we be moved to one of their other properties that wasn't affected by the power outage. They acted very swiftly and made arrangements,free of charge, for us to move one of their 4 star hotels. I was allowed to stay at said hotel for the duration of my stay at "the Wind chimes Hotel" about half of a mile eastward. So, although the first property was underwhelming, the second property was very appealing. They kept their word and did not charge me any extra money for the superior accommodations. I would definitely stay with them again if I should ever return to San Juan.
7 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Photojok
It was a really good experience, staff doesn't bother you and maintain clean facilities !
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"Night mare experience"
I would never believe a B&B located in such a great area could have such truly awful service. The manager of the establishment was very rude and cold, and unhelpful, that's when he was there which was half the time. The rooms were old and not cleaned well. There was illegal activity taking place in the hallways at all hours. And to top it off on my last night there was a rat in the dining area. Unbelievable!! Prospective guest you have been warned!!
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Ike
"Cheap"
Budget friendly I guess, but you get what you pay for. Wifi didn't work. Front desk was hardly available and when he was he is very lazy. Only bonus is it's near to the beach.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Ann
"Nice for a night or two"
Pleasant welcome and assistance by owner upon arrival. Taxi driver knew how to get to location.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
Jep
"close to all condado beach"
very good and the owner is a very good person
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
carlos
"Good for just one night"
Great location, no parking.however doesn't have parking ($10 to $20 a night at a nearby lot)dirty room, old, the most uncomfortable bed ever, didn't even see a hotel employee, had to wait to check-in because the person wasn't even at the hotel and breakfeast: toast & butter. Good for just one night.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Off the beaten path"
Case del Caribe is in a quieter part of town but within easy walking distance to the areas that most tourists frequent. The beach is two blocks away and several quality restaurants are within a few minutes walk. Recommendations for activities were given by the owner and on target.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Great location to everything!"
The Casa Del Caribe may be a little older and not updated but the room was clean and eddy thing worked as it was supposed to. Outside was a nice little place to congregate after a late night, the Mosquitos weren't nearly as bad as some reviewers had stated. The breakfast was mostly pastries and cereal but it was consistent. There were several beaches within walking distance, and plenty of restaurants that were good nearby. I would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
zack
"Nice place, not great"
Breakfast wasn't good and the TV was hard to watch, but the room was nice and comfortable. The beach nearby was very windy so we drove to a better one every day
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Lina
"Execellent place, right in the heart of Condado"
Good and spacious rooms, they have their own small porch where you get breakfast. The door to the porch is locked and it is very safe. It is slightly pricey, but if you want to take a walk around and find good places to eat, this is a good place. Beach is also nearby and at a walkable distance. They however do not offer free parking, you can park in nearby streets (I would recommend parking not too late in the night and getting the car out after sunrise) or there are $10 parking places nearby. Ashford ave is open all night and you will find many good restaurants there. Police also patrol frequently and the area is very safe. (I was out at 2 am on Ashford ave). However magdalena and Luchetti ave might not feel that safe (I did not have any bad experience myself, but they do not have sufficient crowd or lighting on streets to make me feel safe) Lastly beware of the manager! very snarky!
2 night trip with friends Jul 5, 2014
Anand
"Pleasant stay"
The stay was short but pleasant. Only thing is the B&B does not have its own parking area. It is close to everything in the Condado, restaurants, bars, beach and many shops. Other than the parking my stay was pleasant
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Norma
"Just OK"
Cons: (1) I was in room 8 so WiFi was not good. (2) TV Cable signal go off sometimes. (3) In the pictures you see a beach that is TOTALLY FALSE! the hotel is near the beach but not in there. (4) There is no "lobby" (rather than a desk) so if you arrive at not office-hours you will have to call a number so somebody come to open the gate (it takes 10 min). (5) There is no parking, even that in the entrance you see a signal that says "parking -->". Pros: Very good location, comfort, a neighborhood.
2 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
Christopher
"Location made everything easy..."
Nice (small) garden...One negative is that I had to trug two+ blocks to another hotel to get entry to this one---no staff at front desk even during some daytime hours (when I arrived). Another negative: Do not expect a B&B breakfast. Coffee good, the rest was minimal and uninviting. Yet I thought this inn good value, given what I paid
2 night trip Jun 1, 2014
"No Frills but a Cozy Bargain!"
Casa Del Caribe is a quaint, slightly off-beat bargain nestled into the busting tourist scene off of Ashford Ave on Caribe Street. The hotel room are no frills and devoid of any clocks and telephones; while some may see this as a negative I saw this as a huge positive! No this is not a 4 or 5 star hotel with room service and various accouterments. The rooms were well secured, clean, and although they needed a bit of maintenance it was in no way off-putting. The staff was friendly, accommodating, and courteous. My goal was to get away and embrace more of the rustic Caribbean spirit without breaking the bank, and Casa Del Caribe fits this bill perfectly. (FYI) When you are requesting a taxi it may be more convenient to meet them at the Marriott a few steps away.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Jack
Recently got married. Needed a place to stay in between wedding day and when groomsmen arrived very affordable. Breakfast not that great. If you emphasize on that end you will be disappointed. Great place to rest my head until my actual room at a resort was ready. Would stay here again for a weekend trip!!
3 night trip May 21, 2014
"Central Location"
Ed which is the mgr of the places is very nice and welcoming. He will tell you what places are good to eat at. He will also tell you how to get to Old San Juan by taking the bus to save money by taking the cab. It is a good place if you want to stay in the area for a good price. I like it because it is private and cozy. I would stay here again in a heartbeat; beats spending an arm and leg for the fancy hotels near by.
6 night trip May 21, 2014
"Very excentric hotel"
A very great place and location in Ashford, walking distance to all places to eat, drink and to the beach.
Other trip May 28, 2014
The staff is very kind and the location is very good! But on the other side, it's noisy. If you don't mind it, this is a very good B&B!
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Nice small hotel for one or two nights stay"
Nice small and affordable hotel right next to Ashford Ave. in Condado, San Juan. Walking distance to a lot of restaurants, bars and casinos. Very close to the beach.
Other trip May 22, 2014
Reynaldo
There was no parking available when I arrived. I had to go 2 blocks away and pay $10.00 for parking for 1 day. The room was very small and needed updated. The price on this room was too much for what you received. It should have been 1/2 of what I paid.
1 night trip May 15, 2014
"you feel comfortable and private very close to the"
Hotel location is very convenient and close to everything
Other trip May 15, 2014
maggie
"Nice.Close to condado"
Ok experience,nothing spectacular...it was close to restaurants,night life etc.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"SUN in Caribe"
Wonderful experience at the Inn....arrived before check-in and was able to do so as my room was ready. I Stayed in Rm 2 small but completely adequate as I was traveling solo. Free wi-fi avaliable in the common area, free continental bfast, however I missed each morning...towels for the beach, walking distance to everything.
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
Todd
Cheap hotel, you get what you pay for. The breakfast was very light, cereal, milk, juice, and some pastries.
3 night trip Mar 21, 2014
"one night stay"
I had pre paid for my stay or I would have found another hotel. There was dark black strands of hair in the sink, bathtub and in my sheets. I am blond. There was a safe in the closet but the lock was broken so you could twirl it open with your fingers. There was a 'standard room rate' paper in my room proclaiming they charge $100/night. I was charged $200. When I asked about this at the front counter, she said they were in season now and the prices are higher. That is understandable, but then you put the higher prices there, not the lowest you will take for the room. The breakfast in the morning consisted of sugar and starch. I heated up some water for tea and found that there was something in the water pot that kept putting little black things in the water. I didn't eat or drink. There was a pay parking lot across the street but I was not given any voucher for it so I had to pay every time I left the lot. There was no overnight rate although the posted rates stopped at 6 hours for $10. I was charged almost $20 on my way out after my overnight stay. While I understand the hotel is not in charge of the parking lot, information about close by parking would have been appreciated.
Other trip Mar 11, 2014