All hotels in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
You can collect® Rewards nights here
5a avenida Norte Esq.con calle Norte, Playa del Carmen, QROO, 77710, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Awesome hotel!"
I enjoyed Tucan hotel so much that if I am ever in that area again I will book my stay. I have never been to Mexico and I booked this through Expedia. The place was super, super clean. They seem to wash everything from top to bottom everyday. They are hard working and they do a wonderful job. The only thing that I would want to see change is the bed, it was a little stiff. Other than that the people, food and safety were awesome! Book this hotel if there is room you will not be disappointed.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014

The following English reviews were posted by guests from other countries:

"Great for a weekend"
I Like this hotel because of its location, right on the 5th ave. 3 blocks from the night clubs and 3 from the Beach, the Hotel is surrounded by restaurants, shops, some bars, so if you want to go out at nights it is an excellent choice. plus it is all inclusive so you actually do not spend on drinks at the beach. the hotel has a private beach with a bar next to KOOL. Im coming back no doubt.
2 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2014

The following reviews were posted by guests from other countries:

"tukan mal"
cuartos muy pequeños, y la comida del all inclusive terrible.
10 night trip with friends Jan 10, 2015
"Mal el todo incluido"
El hotel no ofrece lo que pagas aqui, era todo incluido y cuando llegas te dice que no incluye el club de playa, ni toda la comida ni bebidas y hay q pagar 2,000 pesos mas. Muy mal ya que cuando lo ofrecen en hoteles dice todo incluido. Nunca dice que no puedes ir a la playa.
2 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2014
"No coincide lo que ofrecen con lo que es realmente"
Al inicio solicite una habitación con una cama matrimonial y me dan una con dos individuales, al cuestionar sobre esto, me dan a entender que eso hay, y ofrecen el club de playa y varias cosas no aplican en el plan todo incluido, te quieren vender el plan "premium" y con menos de lo que cuesta me hubiera ido originalmente a otra opción que tenía, muy mal la verdad, deberían quitarlo de la lista de hoteles que manejan. Me lleve una decepción muy grande.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
very good
7 night romance trip Apr 6, 2014
"Billigt och bra"
Vi blev "uppgraderad" till Real Resort. Hade ett stort rum med balkong. Bra för pengarna. Samma för den all inclusive som ingick. Helt ok för pengarna. Stranden vid deras Beach Club var lite svår att bada från men det är inte så långt att gå för att få finare strand.
2 night romance trip Mar 27, 2014
2 night family trip Mar 17, 2014
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Other trip Nov 19, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for El Tukan

"Good for a party weekend with the boys."
11/19/15 Jeremy B London, Canada
this place is nice, its in the middle of the shopping district and a bit of a walk to get to the beach.. like the title says, if your looking to get away for a party weekend with the boys or girls.. this place will do. but if you want a romantic get away with a significant other then your better off going somewhere else. room was nice but balcony had a cement wall all the way up. no view. almost like a prison cell. pool area was clean and was a nice place to hangout. we had to pay extra to use certain restaurants on site, and every time we ordered a beer or food we had to sign for it.. got kind of annoying. But staff was friendly and they did there best to make our stay a good one.
"Needs supervision and service trainning"
11/08/15 Helenius M
The hotel is in a privileged location, it is fair to say ther are a LOT of hotels competing with it. The service is something they need to improove. Food&Beverage clerks wanted to charge me $40.00 pesos for a bag with ice and no bucket to carry the ice, I needed the ice for insulin because NO fridge is set on rooms. At the restaurant they offer NO BREAD and the answer was" that's why we have entrees". The beach club is at least 4 blocks away from the Hotel, you get scammed on the " premium area" for it is situated at the rear of the beach sight. If you want beach sight you will need to pay $450.00 pesos. THIS IS OBVIOUSLY NOT ADVERTISED UNTIL YOU GET YOUR CHECK IN. If you want towells for the beach then you need to ask them at front desk and a card is given to you, you have to carry your towells all the way from the hotel to the beach and deliver the towels at front desk. IF TOWELL OR CARD GETS LOST THERE'S ANNUPCHARGE OF $30.00USD (bear in mind everythi g regarding towell service is in "do it yourself" mode) Personally I am sure there are better lodging options near "la quinta avenida".
"To be improved"
11/02/15 Elsie C Mexico City, Mexico
Rooms are OK, clean and with many space. Unfortunately the surrounding facilities are very old and not maintened. We imagined to be in the 5a avenida and we were asigned to rooms in an other building. Check in was very slow.
"Great wifi and perfect location"
11/02/15 Carrie B
There's 2 types of rooms with there being basic and deluxe. We got a deluxe which was nice which had a seperate pool area to the main hotel. The aircon works great which is a major thing in Playa as its so hot. The beds weren't that comfy but the staff spoke good English and it's so central to everything so that makes up for it.
"Clean, low priced, close to 5th Ave."
10/18/15 MiguelTamayoG Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico
Stayed there with my wife in mid october. The hotel is divided into several buildings near the 5th Ave, were the lobby and pool are. Got a room at some other building, a block away from the 5th Avenue. It was a small building comprising 6 rooms (I guess). The place was clean but was very austere. I think the AC was not good enough to cool the room. It never did. We were next to La Ceiba, wich is one of the hotel restaurants. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner at a affordable prices: 130 pesos per person aprox. My complaint about this hotel is that, when I arrived, they asked me to pay at the front desk eventough I did the reservation and "paid" thru a Credit Card Point Program. I told the clerk about it, but he didnt care, he just asked me to pay. I had to make phone calls from my own cel to the credit card company to settle things. The point is that the clerk never bottered, nor he even offered me the phone. Even when I told him the name of the person who received the "payment", he didnt care. He said his shift was over and that I needded to pay and wait until the morning after to see how things went. I had to do that and collect my money the morning after.
"Nice place in town"
10/18/15 Guillex13 Mendoza, Argentina
It's my third time here @Tukan Hotel, is a affordable nice hotel in center town on the famous fifth avenue. The service is according a 3 stars hotel, so you don't have to expect something great but has a nice charming enviroment. You'll be near of almost everything: the Quinta Alegria mall is 50 mts, and you could walk around the fifth avenue all day. Negative: the changed the agreement with the Kool Beach Club, so you' ll have to pay in advance from $150 mexican pesos, for a chair with an umbrella. It was included years ago. So it's a pitty the have downloaded their service. For people who likes to be alone but in a nice place in the center, this is the right place.
"1st couple holiday "
09/10/15 Farai K
My boyfriend really enjoyed our stay. Kool beach club has really good service and attentive staff who are ever so friendly and warm. Enjoyed the food in the restaurant and the vibe in the bar lounge. The staff at reception are always helpful and pleasant. Being in the centre of playa de Carmen is the best thing when it comes to excursions. Wonderful help from the people on the excursion desk, doesn't feel like they are ripping you off. Overall, I would recommend this to friends and family as it has everything and is surrounded by so much activities and restaurants you're spoilt for choice! One thing I would say is the breakfast buffet should change up the buffet here and there, gets a bit boring, unfortunately.
"Lovely friendly hotel"
08/14/15 Leah C Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Staff are very friendly and very helpful, rooms a nicely sized and clean, the air conditioning is lovely, the pool area and pool itself is very clean and the pool is very refreshing, the restaurant food is very nice and not badly priced, the breakfast buffet is lovely I throughly enjoyed having breakfast there each morning the bar is very nice as well would definitely stay here again 10/10
"NO WIFI just in the lobby"
08/07/15 Abdullah t T Vancouver, Canada
The hotel is not bad, just need to improve. Do not expect so much, the pool is really small.. The beach is not close to the hotel, u have to walk about 20 mins. And the beds shown in the pictures on the beach club are not included even if u are all inclusive guest you will get the normal one. The staff is really kind.. Ask for a room close to the pool, they have 2 new buildings in another street. No elevator, I went with the all inclusive and it was great, always go to the tulipanes rest. The bar in the beach club for the all inclusive guest closes at 5p.m ...... For the all inclusive no food after 10 pm in all restaurants,
"Family Visit"
07/24/15 Juventino F
Family trip, the beach club was not near the hotel area, and its not included in the package, rooms were ok, only one small pool area for the whole condo. Food at la ceiba restaurant was very good for those coming with the all inclusive package.
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect’s position. Neither nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews