All hotels in Brewster, Massachusetts, United States of America
2907 Main Street, Brewster, MA, 02631, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Disappointing amenities"
For $300 plus a night I expected a great room with great amenities-I was only half right. As Village, not Mansion, guests we did not have access to the private beach. The fitness facility was very small with old equipment in disrepair. The pool was OK, but not resort caliber. Even use of the tennis courts was extra. We wanted to check in a bit earlier than 4pm but were told we could not, however a 4 pm check in was guaranteed. When we did check in at 4 pm our room was not ready. At 4:07 I asked what was the guarantee, and no one could tell me. When I asked for compensation since the room was not ready at 4 pm, all of a sudden the room became immediately available. If they have a room guarantee policy one would think they would be able to back it up!
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
"One bed villa in the villages"
One week stay, great villa, liked the washing machine and dryer Remote from the swimming pools and the restaurants
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
The location is not the best. Although you call this reservation The Mansion at Ocean Edge, its really The Villages at Ocean Edge. Ours was a condo unit on a golf course which is 1/2 mile from the main buildings (the Mansion) and a full mile from one of two pools on that side of the property. The way its written up on your site, you would think the pool is alongside the building. Not so for all the buildings, especially ours. There was a shuttle, however, and it made the rounds every half hour. No close pool accessiblity troubled us.
4 night romance trip Aug 8, 2013
While there were multiple pools the water was cold. The hotel is very large and it is spread out between two properties. If you are looking for a quaint experience I recommend choosing another location.
4 night trip Aug 4, 2013
Greenwich
"Family vacation"
It was our first time at oceans edge resort we did have a good experience the room were clean hotel was very well maintained. You can definitely tell which side of the hotel is the nicer side (The Mansion). The only thing I would have changed was the day we arrived. I knew that check in was at 4 and we arrived that day at 11:30am. We let them know that we were early and if the room was ready a head of time to please let us know. They never called me I had to call them at 4 in which they then told me the room was ready and they didn't give me any information on my surroundings even though I asked they didn't inform me. My husband and I had to drive around until we found things to do with the kids. The hotel didn't have a map of the area either so thank god for google. It was frustrating my first day they should be more knowledge able of the area I wasn't looking to leave brewster just a place to eat and hang out with the kids. The hotel does have a pool but she didn't give me much info on that either. Like I said thank god for google and map quest.
3 night family trip Aug 4, 2013
"no bellhops, no bathrooms near the beach"
had to schlep our own bags up 18 stairs to the "mansion room" that was within maybe 50 yards of the mansions, then went to the beach but had to walk back about 3 blocks to the nearest washroom. Yikes.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
over priced
1 night trip Aug 4, 2013
"Nice resort."
The room was spacious and clean, however the bed mattress was a bit uncomfortable. The room also featured a washer and dryer which made returning home a lot easier. Overall the resort was well maintained w/ plenty of activities.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
"Insane beach!!!"
The facility, service and the beauty is exceptional!!!
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Great location - except no beach!"
Overall we had a wonderful stay at the Ocean Edge. The hotel was clean, nice and centrally located. Brewster is the perfect place to stay if you want to go for a drive around the whole Cape as it is right in the middle. However, be aware that unless you are staying at the 'Mansion' in the most expensive set of rooms you have no access to the beach at the hotel. You will have to be shuttled to a public beach or drive to a public beach and pay to use it. This is a bit misleading when booking.
2 night family trip Jul 15, 2013
"Great Beach"
The staff were all fantastic, the proximity of the beach and the staff at the beach were superb. We stayed at the West Wing. Room comfortable and well done, just no view from our room. Great location and facilities
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2013
Stuart
"Read the fine print carefully"
Read the fine print carefully - more than half of the resort is across the street and you must take a shuttle bus to get tot he beach. Not quite what we expected. Rooms were nice and pools were good, relaxing areas.
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
Stuart
"OK"
Good for golfers and families maybe but room rates are not cheap, rooms are fine but not too nice and staff was a mixture: a couple folks very friendly and responsive but others slow to respond and not very welcoming.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
"Nice golf resort."
Relaxing and quiet. Bad weather prevented a day or golf.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
Boyd
"Great accomodations. will definitely stay again"
Stayed in Britterage Village for 2 nights. The grounds are beautiful and the accomodations were perfect! Can't wait to re-visit!
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
Marilyn
"The Village at Highway's Edge"
Liked the Mansion...but make sure that's the room you are booking if you want beach access. We found out when we showed up that only half the resort is at Ocean's Edge. The other half is a quarter mile down the road and across the highway, and you need to take a shuttle to the public beaches from there. Or to the nearest pool if your room isn't within walking distance, which ours wasn't. We had to "upgrade" to a room at The Mansion, which is what we presumed we had booked in the first place - based on the photography on the website, Google Maps, and the name of the property itself. The resort is beautiful and the rooms were great - but it ended up costing us way more than we bargained for. Book carefully! Also, wifi is listed as free...it's not. There's a mandatory $25/day resort fee they tack on at the end which in theory covers this cost (and the shuttle), so plan to fork over that extra dinero as well. Great stay - just wish they were more transparent about the pricing and better explained that the resort straddles the highway and only half the room (the really expensive ones) have private beach access.
4 night family trip Jul 7, 2013
Terry
"Beauiful hotel grounds and attentive staff"
My family and I had a great time here. We stayed in the Villages side of the resort. Staff was on top of things and our 1br Villa was perfect for our family of 4. Grounds were very well taken care of and large enough to take a walk or ride bikes around.
3 night family trip Jul 6, 2013
Ron
"OVERRATED!!"
I was shocked to learn that this hotel had been given a four-star rating and carried a five-star price tag per night. I thought it was extremely overrated and had actually had a better quality room the night before arriving while traveling on our road trip and stopping at a La Quinta Inn & Suites. I felt like the amenities of the "resort" were just average - the fitness center was small and dirty. The room was uncomfortable and poor appointed for the price we paid. All and all, I would not recommend this resort. You could do much better.
7 night business trip Jun 29, 2013
"Our Getaway"
This was the best week my wife and I have had in years. Grounds were immaculate with blooming Hydrangea's and Dogwoods. Staff were friendly and the best looking Golf Course ever. The only negative about this trip was having to return home. Loved it and thanks.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
"Nice Property, Good for Families"
We stayed at The Villages and enjoyed our time. The rooms were very roomy, a little worn, but comfortable none the less. We booked the room early in the year for the 4th of July weekend, and the property did not seem crowded at all. The price we paid for the room with an early booking was a very good value.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
"Beautiful setting."
Next time we stay there we would stay in the villas by the Mansion.Overall we had a very nice time.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
Resort was very nice. Food at the mansion and Lynx needs improvement.
3 night family trip Jul 2, 2013
"Nice place, but expensive."
It was a very nice place. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Kitchenette area had everything that was needed to cook a meal. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that Beach Passes were only given to persons who had rooms on the Mansion side of the facility. A staff member stated that it was due to the smallness of the beach on the facility.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
RUHOORUHOO
"Weekend stay for a wedding"
Our one bedroom villa was at Britteridge Village across the street from the Mansion. We could not see the beach and apparently Village residents are not to be allowed access to the beach. However we did use the beach. Maybe because it was foul weather for part of the day and no one was using the beach. The unit we stayed at with 4 adults had a queen size bed in the bedroom and a Murphy bed in the living room. Both were comfortable. Kitchenette fully stocked with dishes, pots, utensils, dish washer, range top, microwave, but no oven. We cooked our own breakfasts. This property is good for golfers, beautiful course, and bikers with access to the Cape Cod Bike Trail. Staff was very helpful and attentive to needs. Air condtioning unit in the bedroom was too loud to sleep with it on. The price per night is a bit steep and then $25 resort fee per night was added even though we did not use pools, etc.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
Skip
When we booked we thought we were booking at the Mansion but they gave us a Villa room instead. I would have preferred the Mansion. The rooms need some updating. It appears they have started but it's like lipstick on a pig...needs more work, especially the Mattresses....very uncomfortable.
3 night romance trip Jun 23, 2013
"Just OK"
Clean and relatively comfortable, but not a luxury hotel and not worth the steep price.
2 night trip Jun 24, 2013
"Who runs this place?!"
We arrived at this fairly expensive hotel (the site says mansion, but we were in the villages) to find vomit and tissues in our toilet. We called to complain, nobody answered. I left a message with someone in HR and a manager called me back while we went to the pool to decompress. Oh, while at the pool there was a tampon floating in the water...It was removed by the staff with a skimmer...The manager sends a cleaning crew for a 'deep clean' of the room. She also says she will leave a couple breakfast vouchers to ‘make up for it.’ We get back to find a good sized dying bug in the middle of our room and a 2 foot length of used floss sitting between our bathroom and entrance. The next day I go to the front desk for the voucher, not there. I go to the mansion front desk, not there. The nice girl though just pulls two from a huge pile, fills them out and gives them to us just saying ‘sorry.’ No talk with the manager. No note from the manager. No nothing. Great, we got a free $18/head continental breakfast...I spent a little under a hundred the night before dining at the terrace. But, thanks for the breakfast-it made up for the iffy housekeeping.....
2 night trip Jun 21, 2013
Jon A
"Good, but could be better."
The parking is limited. We got in late and had to park far away. Also, our key stopped working before our time was up. Very annoying. This was a romantic getaway, and we were hoping to spend some of that romantic time in the bath tub, but that was rather small, too small for 2 people. We did manage anyway, though. The service was good, and the beach nice. They planted an umbrella for us and brought us out chairs to sit in to enjoy the waves.
1 night romance trip Jun 22, 2013
Fred M
"Great place!"
clean, convenient, beautiful!
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2013
Duffey Family
"Save your money"
Had to stay here for a wedding and figured for the money we were paying for their 2 night minimum there would be better conditions than there were. We were initially put in a basement in one of the villages which was barren.. All old dingy tile floor, no headboard, no aesthetics at all, just desolate. And no cell service at all. Requested a switch and were put in a top level which was better, but still not what we were expecting after paying so much. We left disappointed.
2 night business trip Jun 21, 2013
"Wedding Mecca"
Awesome place, beautiful setting and very comfy beds. Only complaint is if you stay on a weekend during prime wedding season be aware kids will not be able to use the outdoor pool that is heated, as it is next to the pavillion, so closes at 3pm. The indoor pool was fine, but a bit chilly. Should cater a little more to family, as no kids menu at the Ocean Terrace, but that may be as designed:)
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
Shannon
"Nice place, quiet. Not on the ocean edge."
Nice place to stay. Central area in cape Cod. The villa is not on ocean edge, that was a disappointment.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
Cheryl
"Be careful when booking."
Hotel was great, make sure you know what your getting. We thought our room was by the ocean. Ended up being 2.3 miles away and not open to the village gueats. The bell boy told us about one beach and ends up being private with a nice violation of 30 dollars to the town of Brewster .
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
carpi
"Good Place!"
WE stayed in a villa. It was very nice although it was across street from the beach. Very Clean. Very Quiet. Nice place to spend a couple of easy days/nights.
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2013
"golf resort with exclusive beach access"
Great stay, very accommodating in the end. Had a runny toilet in the first suit ( Britteridge Villages) and asked to be moved close to ProShop, pool and restaurant (wouldn't recommend Britteridge, far away and looked older/run down) Had to call front desk to complain bathroom wasn't cleaned properly (few strands in the tub) and they offered a late checkout (3p) and beach passes (which you don't automatically get as a guest of the resort - only when you stay at the mansion, which is stupid because it's a huge beach with plentyyyy of room)
1 night romance trip Jun 1, 2013
"Great hotel but room A/c kept air very wet."
Our room was clean and in the west wing of the mansion. It had easy access to the fitness room and indoor pool and main lobby/bar/restaurants. The beach access, golf courts, and outside pool were just down the hill, steps away. We were there for a wedding so didn't have too much time to explore the surrounding towns, but the main towns were at least a 15-minute drive away. There are some cute restaurants on Main Street near the hotel, less than 5 minutes. Our only complaint was the A/C in the room. It never got "cool" but was always blowing and really just kept the room wet and everytime we walked into the room it was a wet/mold smell. We ended up just opening the sliding glass door for fresh air/breeze.
3 night trip Jun 6, 2013
"Know the details through hotel website"
1) Although the rooms at the village and the mansion are priced same (at least they were when I bought it), you cannot access the hotel beach if you are in the village/cottage/townhouse complex. In fact it is across the highway, and the staff do everything to ensure separation of the two - including separate checkin 2) The first person I interacted with at the front desk was extremely rude. Upon asking her why the beach is not accessible to the village residents, she goes - well you should have read the hotel website for details. Heck I don't do that if I am booking from hotels.com. 3) The walls of the room are very thin so its hard to get a good nights sleep even if your neighbors are speaking at an ordinary voice level. Overall, I would recommend not staying here. For this kind of money you can find a better place on the cape.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2013
RD
"Wonderful weekend!"
We loved our stay at the Ocean Edge Resort. We were there two nights/3days. Loved the access to the beautiful private beach with chairs and umbrellas available to the guests. We loved the outdoor terrace where we sat for drinks and watched the gorgeous sunset. The room was very nice, a bit dark, but that did not bother us! It was good for sleeping in. They certainly have plenty of staff on hand, ready and willing to help the customers. We loved it all!
2 night trip May 31, 2013
Marie
"This is a need to visit place!"
Everything was great just recognize that the Villas are seperate from the mansion and actual onsite property and not everything is included when you stay at the Villas from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Other than that it was outstanding!
1 night trip Jun 1, 2013
"A place to go back to"
We were in Brewster/Cape Cod for 4 nights end of May 2013 and we had a wonderful time (it was part of our 2 weeks honeymoon). We had a one room Villa and must say that everything met our expectations in a very comfortable way (apartment, food, resort, beach, swimming pool, price...). Thank you to Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club. We hope to come back sometime soon.
3 night romance trip May 27, 2013
Phil
"Satisfying experience"
Our one night stay was very pleasant. Definitely would have liked to spend more time to enjoy the amenities.
Other trip Jun 1, 2013
"Beautiful hotel, but be careful for villas"
We had a great experience at Ocean Edge Resort. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the grounds were absolutely beautiful. We stayed in a one bedroom villa (Britteridge Villas). The villas however have very poor soundproofing and you can hear everything in the villa above. It was quite loud and disturbing, especially in the evening when trying to wind down with our little one. There was an indoor pool on the villa side, which was very nice, but the indoor pool on the mansion side was quite a bit warmer.
Other trip May 30, 2013
Melanie
"It was ok"
For the price and exclusivity I expected much nicer accommodations and grounds. Great golf. Staff was not too knowledgeable of area
1 night family trip May 26, 2013
"I need WiFi in my room"
I would have given this hotel 5 stars. My only problem was that the WiFi wasn't working in our room. I had to goto the hotel lobby each day to check my work email. I informed the hotel staff and they did move us to another room, but the WiFi stil wasn't working. Apart from that, the hotel was great. Friendly staff, great location with private beach, but also very close to public beaches and great restaurants. JT's and Cobies on 6A are great for Lobster rolls and Clam Chowder and are both very reasonably priced.
Other trip May 25, 2013
"Beautiful grounds on the cape"
We loved our stay at ocean edge. It had a central location to all the cities on the cape. The grounds were gorgeous. Main street was cute with little boutiques every where. Our fav restaurant was chillingsworth for dinner and Brewster coffee shop for breakfast. Our matress was too stiff for our likings and it only had one 2 seated couch in the room. Othernthan that it was gorgeous and relaxing.
3 night romance trip May 19, 2013
"Great vacation spot"
staff was great especially the bartenders Everyone we walked by greeted us with a hello
Other trip May 22, 2013
"Amazing!"
Great location! Spacious units...more an appartment than a hotel room. The town is very charming and perfect location to explore Cape Cod, Boston and others.
Other trip May 22, 2013
Jan
"Great resort for all occasions!"
The entire resort was wonderful! From the Villa to the beach, the experience was great. I wish I could have spent more time there.
Other trip May 21, 2013
"Wonderful Honeymoon"
We had a wonderful time. The staff was great. The site was beautiful. We will return
1 night romance trip May 16, 2013
Mariah
Our only complaint about our stay was the thinness of the walls between the condos-we had neighbors our last night here and we heard ALL of their conversations at 2am...not a great time to move your room.The front desk was extremely apologetic and offered us compensation.The overall resort was great-spotless room,clean grounds,fitness area impressive,and the resort offered maps with running routes.
3 night romance trip May 12, 2013