All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here2330 Kuhio Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Guest Services Manager From Hell - Polly"
Ohana Waikiki West where do you hire these people, guest services manager from hell was the nicest thing I could say! Working in the industry and at the front of the house, I have never been treated so rudely from the moment I got there. I made a reservation through expedia that was confirmed and my credit card was charged the first agent I talked to could not be bothered he quickly told me well he cant find anything under my name and slid my i.d and card on over to the manager and said she'll deal with you, next in line. All the while I am getting all the information for the so called manager to help me and she just says when did you make the reservation, I said I just made it about 15 minutes ago, her response "Impossible our books have been closed for two weeks now" I had a confirmation number and she still gave me that blank stare on her face not even wanting to help me, I said well this is not my fault my credit card was charged i'm sure you have a sister hotel we need to rectify the situation. I didn't realize as a guest I would have to school the gsm on at the very least apologizing and trying to fix the situation by offering options, she dare tell me that she cannot offer me a room at a 5 diamond sister hotel of theres for a budget friendly rate. Wow was I too local and looked like I couldn't afford anything better never even told me the rate or bothered to look for an option for me just tried to shoo me and my family out the door. I let her know please see below for
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Christie
"Aerial View of Waikiki from my Hotel Room"
Loved my room on the top floor overlooking Waikiki area. Glass windows on all sides, provide a beautiful atmospheric nightly view, watch the sunset...awesome! Walking distance to shops, eatery and night life. Free transport to Ala Moana Center. This is my 2nd stay at this hotel.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Kamaaina first"
I was in line for check in.. Third in line. 2 ahead of me had to wait for there rooms.. There rooms was not ready . My turn .. My room wasn't ready but she went in looking in her system searching and found me a room .. She Was very friendly . She knew I was there to attend a company Xmas party . She found me a room .. Easy checkin. Parking right there . No long walks
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Del
"Priced for the stay"
The overall cost of the room matched the condition of the room. What bothered us more than anything was the constant selling. Every time we walked by them they were not asking about our stay, but was trying to sell us something. We have visited the Islands 10 times and have stayed at this hotel 6 of the 10 times. This was by far the worst we had experienced. The reason we were pleased is the overall cost of the hotel matched the services we received.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Al
"Perfect Location"
Right in the heart of waikiki with easy walking distance to everything and a free shuttle bus that ran every 10-15 minutes for hotel guests(pink line)...just show your hotel room key...that takes you around waikiki and the Ala Moana Mall Just a short 5 minute walk to the famous Waikiki Beach and seconds to more shopping then any one person could possibly want to do
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Thom
"Very good hotel at an affordable price"
The hotel is a nice stay. Rooms are clean and well kept. You only have a shower, no bath tub. Having said that, you are in a good location central to most of the action in Waikiki area. Good value for your money.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
adam
The place was dated and dirty. Had a smell to it. We booked it for a night and left a few hours later.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"budget option for a short stay"
had to spend 1 night in waikiki and wanted to save on cost of stay in order to have more in the budget for a fancy dinner and some shopping. This hotel was one of the cheapest options I found. It was conveniently located. Yes the rooms are dated, and the hallway had a slightly funky smell (not a dirty smell, but maybe an odd cleaner?). The hotel was pretty full, I realized a lot of large Asian tour groups were using it (probably because of the good $ point) so the lobby can be very crowded with large groups and luggage. However if you want to use this as your base for a short stay and you are not expecting modern fixtures and a brand new featherbed then this is a very viable option. I was much happier to save on hotel cost for just one night and go out and have a gourmet dinner and drinks. I would not recommend this hotel to everyone, as you do need to adjust your expectations a bit, but if you know what you are getting into then its good.
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
"Value for the self-sufficient traveler."
Stayed 6 days in Honolulu for 1 day sports competition followed by 5 days of family tourism. Hotel was conveniently located, condition of room was as expected, a double queen with kitchenette and a view of the beach. Best things about Ohana West: water pressure, convenient location, value for our dollar. Things that could be improved: poor or non-existent internet service in room despite an ethernet hook-up, poor Wifi internet in the lobby, teeny ants in the kitchenette (didn't bother us much but other guests might be upset), $25 for daily parking! This is a hotel for the self-sufficient traveler who can ask questions; the hotel staff have answers for you but do not baby you or welcome you like a big name hotel.
6 night family trip Nov 20, 2014
Cyndy
"Enjoyed stay more than expected !"
Convenient location with reasonable price. Minor complain is I can hear next room's noisy.
13 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
"Close to beach, shops, and food"
Rooms need to be updated, shower was dark. The Wyndham rep was very rude because we would not book an appt. for a presentation (We were only there to see Pearl Harbor and our time was limited before we moved on to Maui, plus we are already members of Wyndham). Check in was slow.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Tricia
"Waikiki Hotel Experience"
The hotel is very convenience to almost everything, such as: bus stop, restaurants, and a few blocks to the beach, etc. Everything is okay except the shower stall is a bit small and a little bit noisy from the construction across the street.
6 night trip with friends Nov 9, 2014
"great if you're in Waikiki to party"
They gave us a king bed suite which is what I asked for. Great. The room had a terrible musty smell probably from the ancient carpet that I would not let my toddler crawl on. The shower had mold stains in the grout. I won't be staying here again. Great if you are in waikiki to party but not so great for families
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
"Average hotel/ Dated rooms"
I left personal property on counter upon check in and realizing it later checked with font desk. Mike(did not want to give me his last name but said he is only Mike who works there) described seeing my property in detail turned in and advised me to check with housekeeping for lost and found to retrieve it. Housekeeping had no record of it being turned in and did not have it. I have still not heard anything. My personal property was clearly STOLEN by someone who works there. I will never stay here again. I gave a report with security guard Nelson who had hotel reimburse me for my STOLEN property. I have to say that when staff realized I had something go missing nobody was helpful except security and I wasn't even given option of making a security report until following up like 4 times. No easy access to hotel on arrival for example no circular driveway. Small pool in unappealing area. Average lobby with nothing special. Rooms are very dated and small with clear patch work unfinished and exposed. Location convenient to sights and beach of Waikiki but just about any place you stay is. Unhappy with my room when I got there they did allow me to look at 3 other rooms I could move to and all were basically the same. I chose one with at least a better view.
Gabe
"Close to beach and city transportation."
The hotel is due for upgrades and repairs. The rooms where smaller ant anticipated.. The maid service was great..
"The New Yorker"
I have stayed at this hotel many times, and I like it overall. I do think the hotel needs to improve many things.
Fernando
"Would not do again"
The first room they gave us smelled like mold and faced a cinder block wall. The second room smelled better but was not the cleanest the cabinets had hair and rings from drinks , the carpets seemed dirty. It was better than the first though , so we wiped down the room . Sheets we're clean. A flower petal from our lei was on the floor all week they didn't vacuum. Our room looked nothing like the room from expedia.
pam
"Not what I expected"
room very outdated. Bathroom was awful. Electric outlets were hanging out of the wall when I checked in. Pictures on the internet doesn't tell you anything. Have been in Oahu for 25 times in 25 yrs. the lobby is not very nice also.
LINDA
The only good thing is the location and the staff being friendly.
"Elevator 2 out of 3 in service can ruin a Vacation"
Elevators were slow and one was inoperable. Desk Staff were ambivalent.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"Week in Waikiki"
Convenient location
4 night business trip Nov 10, 2014
victor
"Very conveniently located and nice facilities"
The hotel is located just 1 block from the busiest part of the beach. Best part is that the Pink Line travel is all free!! It picks up right outside the hotel and once can have a good sight seeing ride!!
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Narendra
"I would not recommend the Ohana West."
I would not recommend the Ohana West to anyone going to O'ahu - there are so many nicer hotels in a similar price range. Everything is very dated, the shower was terrible, the elevators barely operate, and the staff was rude and unaccommodating.
2 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Dillon
"Great Stay."
Was concerned about staying at this hotel,16th floor, after reading some negative reviews.However was totally satisfied with our recent 6 day stay in every way.Fantastic value for its convenient position.Would stay there again.There is some talk the property has been sold and will be rebranded after major upgrade.If so, it would be, in my view, highly unlikely the room rates would be as attractive as they currently are.
6 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
"Bad Service/1 star Hotel"
Over rated .This should be 1 star. Most time wifi is not working
1 night trip Nov 3, 2014
"Close to beach."
Close to bus and trolley stops. A nice walk to the kahala mall as well as a ten minute maybe less walk to Waikiki beach.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
leah
"Close to the beach"
The only positve aspect of the hotel is that it's close to the beach. The facilities are old, the elevator takes forever and the activities coordinators are very rude.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
frank
"Hotel"
It was very crowed and we got two full beds instead of queens. The beds were never touched, but our towels were replaced. That is about it. The room and bedding looked very old and rooms were kind of small.
4 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
"Substandard Hotel"
It was a real disappointment. The air conditioning did not work. I room was so hot it was impossible to sleep. It could take up to 20 minutes to get on an elevator. The mini blinds by the sink had an inch of dirt and fuzz on them. No Wi-Fi in the room. Parking was expensive. If you wanted to talk to a front desk person there was a 20-30 minute line to wait in. The workout room needs a makeover.
5 night family trip Oct 8, 2014
Grounds
"Ohana Wakiki West"
I was very, very disappointed when I walked into our room. The pictures over exaggerated and overstated the size of everything about this room, as well as the hotel itself. NOTHING looks like it does in the online pictures - NOTHING. I reserved a "kitchenette", which in the photos, looked about the normal size for a hotel room kitchen. When you walked into the room, you were in the "kitchen"; merely a 4' counter-top, smaller than the counter in the bathroom. The room was also extremely small. There was no tub in the bathroom, only a shower. The floor in the shower was not clean at all. I had to choose whether to rinse off in the sink for 4 days, or wear my flip flop shoes in the shower. With the humidity in Hawaii, I opted to wear my shoes. There was no circulation in the bathroom, so you could not hang your clothes in the closet, because it was in the bathroom also. The only halfway decent thing about the room was that the beds, although the sheets were never changed the 4 days we were there, were comfortable. I know they never changed the sheets because each time I got up, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning, I left my socks in the bed; they were still there each night when I got back in the bed. The elevators were extremely slow in this hotel.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Diva
"Basic hotel with old personnel."
The older personnel were Very rude, starting from reception to bell service. They made it look like they're doing you a favor by letting you stay in the hotel. The you ger ones are ok. So I must have something to do with getting tired of the job. If so, please do not destry the experience of tourist. They think that every tourist didn't know how to speak english.
1 night romance trip Oct 13, 2014
"Needs an upgrade"
This hotel has an excellent bar/pool area, and is located in the heart of Waikiki. There is a rather large gap between the price of the rooms and the upkeep of the rooms. I have stayed here several times. Some rooms are average in regard to maintenance while others are flat out rundown. I suggest asking for another room if you get one of the rundown ones.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2014
"noisy noisy"
Very noisy hotel, our room was next to the elevator shaft and that is what you hear all night, elevators going up and down
3 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
"Close to the beach"
We only stayed at the hotel for 1 night. The room itself was ok, the bathroom was very outdated. It was terribly noisy because there was major construction going on. It is close to the beach, which is an advantage. The biggest problem was the elevator. Too many people trying to get up and down, not enough elevators. Overall it was ok for the one night we stayed there.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Gerti
Hotel a little on the older side, but the location and price simply cannot be beat! Staff was amazing and the bartenders were very friendly! There is an activities booth in the lobby which made it EASY to book our parasailing experience same day. Overall, a strong 4/5!
"Local Getaway"
Everything was very good except that the room internet did not work after the first day of my 6 day stay. I complained daily as did many others I found out. I was given no explanation what was wrong the maintenance just changed the room router which did no good. After a while they stopped responding to my complaints I guess they were tired of me complaining. Other than the internet fiasco the room was excellent and I would stay there again if the internet is working as they advertise. If you want internet you should call them first to find out if it is working. Aloha a local in Hawaii
Delbert
"convenient hotel / good value"
This hotel is a little run-down (beginning in 2015 they are going to do a major renovation floor by floor) but is excellent value for the money (it will probably cost more once the renovations are completed). The room was adequate although there was no desk for writing and I had no view being on the 3rd floor (surrounding hotels are all I could see). The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable, there was plenty of hot water and water pressure in the shower. What more do you need in Waikiki ? - - a room for sleeping and a good shower is enough - - nobody spends time in their room. There was a flat-screen TV that got all the major network channels on cable but there is no WiFi in the room (there is wired internet so make sure you bring an adapter for your laptop and there is free WiFi in the Lobby. Best feature is its convenient location - - it is next door to the only real grocery store in Waikiki, it is an easy 5-minute walk to the main section of Waikiki Beach, there is a major bus stop right down the street and the other major bus stop is in front of the beach so both are very close. They even provide a free trolley to the Ala Moana Shopping Center. The staff is very friendly and helpful (housekeeping was great) but they don't have a concierge (they have an Expedia local expert who is very helpful booking things - - she booked a round-trip flight to Kauai plus a helicopter tour and a rental car for me). Overall I was more than satisfied with the Ohana Waikiki West
Alan
"Overcrowded hotel with too few elevators"
The lobby is always crowded with wifi users. The elevators were so very slow and people crowded in. The cleaning staff didn't come to our room until late afternoon. The pool had "ring around the tub"... A dark ring of suntan lotion. Friday night the comedian at the pool bar carried on well past 10:00 pm. We were disappointed to find out that the International Marketplace has been torn down (directly across the street from the hotel). Construction is going on for the next two years. It is being replaced with more "high-end" shopping.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
PAM
"Hotel..."
The Hotel was nice, however, I spotted (2) roaches and notified the front desk. I never seen any roaches in any of the other Hotels. Front Desk response... Oh that's common over here. What I did not like... I had to peel the sheets OFF in order for them to get changed. Maid did not like that Oh well....
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
No Parking. Had to walk from convention center. Parking attendant was very rude
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Elevators were slow and always packed - room air conditioner was barely working room was never cool enough - bathroom vent not working and it was full of wet dust - room hallway doors are closed with no air condition running so going to your room s very muggy, doors could have been propped open so at least the cool breeze would come through during the evenings
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Hotel just sold/inadequate air conditioning"
I stayed at this hotel one year ago on my vacation. I was very satisfied with that experience. Very convenient with kitchenette in room and grocery store across the street. Thus saved a lot of money on food cooking for myself, not going out to eat every meal. Different story this year. This time the air conditioning in the rooms didn't totally cool the room. Several other guests said the same to me while I was there. Air conditioning in elevators was turned off totally. Elevator display panels often didn't work to know what floor you were at (17 floor building). And the displays on the floors that tell if the elevator has arrived/going up or down/ etc. often didn't work. Hotel staff provided fan for my room. Without it it would have been uncomfortable sleeping some nights with the amount that the air conditioning did work. Mechanic did come and vacuum out/ "fix" air conditioning unit while I was there. After he left the unit performed the same as before. I was informed by desk staff that the hotel was just sold. New ownership going to renovate. I imagine that this is why some things were not acceptable about the hotel this year versus last year. The current ownership just doesn't want to spend money where it doesn't have to since they are only going to be the owners/ operators for another few months. I would come back and try it again after the building is renovated by the new ownership. Don't stay there until then.
14 night trip Sep 15, 2014
"room review"
Rooms need updating. Change/eliminate carpets, wallpaper, & new beds and linens
2 night romance trip Sep 15, 2014
Adam
Nice place to stay and location. Across the street from grocery store and deli. The staff is friendly, professional, and informative about events in Hawaii and getting around the island. And FYI you can catch the bus directly to the hotel from the airport.
3 night family trip Sep 15, 2014
Nola May
"overnight layover on my way to Philippines"
old hotel surrounded by lots of other hotels but not far from the strip.
1 night business trip Sep 22, 2014
JC
I had a great stay, even with the construction across the street, it is my favorite Hotel in Honolulu, I have been staying their since 1987. I come over 3 too 4 times a year. The Hotel is close too everything you will need.
3 night trip Sep 23, 2014
Bob Ward
Convienent location. Getting a little old. The elevator system is awful...
7 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Nice hotel but ...?"
Bathroom window stuck,,curtains cigarettes holes, elevator very slow. Had walk 15 flights of stairs 5 times during my stay, bar staff and concierge rude, room had a smell
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
roni
"OK stay - very noisy due to construction opposite"
Have stayed here before - is good value for money. Pool and hotel bar are not very relaxing due to the constant noise coming from the construction site opposite. This is not due to be completed until late 2015 - so I would not recommend staying here until this is finished. Most of the staff were lovely except one woman at reception who argued with me about not having information regarding flight cancellations (due to the hurricanes). When they had the information on the noticeboards in the front foyer!! Even when I pointed this out to her she still wanted to argue with me which was definitely odd. I wish someone had put a review up about the noise - I would have stayed somewhere else - hence my review. Obviously not the only hotel in Waikiki that is affected by the construction - do your homework before you book any hotel near the International Marketplace.
3 night romance trip Aug 5, 2014
Natalee
"Not the best."
The hotel needs some renovation, staff really friendly, but the place looks old and not clean. However the location is great.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014