All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2330 Kuhio Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9477

Score breakdown (from 1 review)

• 5.0
    Poor vibe
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities

"FILTHY ROOM!"
Our room was absolutely disgusting. There were white stains all over the carpet near the front door, and there was a repulsive brown stain that ran all along one wall. It was a dried liquid of some sort, and there were white chunks in it (I didn't want to examine it too closely. I have a picture, but I'll spare you!). When I informed the front desk, the maids did clean these two areas, but the rest of the room was still gross! My husband and I are not clean freaks, but there was toilet paper stuck to the wall behind the toilet, the bathroom shelves were dusty and dirty, and when we came back to the hotel after being gone all day, there were still water drops on the toilet lid. I didn't want to look under the bed, for fear of what was underneath it. When my husband opened a drawer, he found a disgusting hair inside. The hotel is located very centrally, and there are many restaurants and shops nearby. However, there is no wifi in the rooms, and the Internet cable did not fit into my husband's computer (a MacBook Air), so we had to go to the lobby every time we wanted to access the Internet. Parking is also VERY expensive (we parked on the street a few blocks away). The fitness room is small, but there's enough to get in a decent workout. However, it would be nice if it opened when it's supposed to (it's supposed to open at 6, but at 6:10, I had to go to reception and have someone open it for me). Even the cheapest motel is cleaner than this place. DON'T STAY HERE
Other trip Nov 21, 2013
Mimi

TripAdvisor reviews for Ohana Waikiki West

"Home away from home"
02/01/16 Thenes16 Sale, Australia
We had a kitchenette/ family room. Extremely comfortable rooms! Views were amazing! Staff were friendly and very helpful! Supermarket across the road from the hotel was very handy! Loved the swimming pool and hotel bar! Would definitely stay here again!
"Great Location and friendly staff"
01/19/16 Richard V Adelaide, Australia
Great value for money. Close walking distance to most things you require in Hawaii. only suggestion is try for a room on the 1st or 2nd floor the elevators are very slow and busy. Room cost comes with free open bus/trolley to Ala Moana shopping center. Tours can be booked through the check in desk.
"Central location and good value"
11/22/15 Janet D Auckland Region, New Zealand
We needed somewhere central and this fit the bill. Everyone is correct that the decor could do with an update but good service and reasonable prices meant this place was fully booked during our stay. We never had food there but did get food from over the road at kings market nights (we hear that won't be around for long) and from food pantry (expensive compared with the safeway only a short bus ride away. Close to Ross' and the beach. Pool isn't big but does the job. Weird thing where reception is up a thin escalator.
"Best Hotel to call home!"
11/10/15 SurfridersAcademy Huntington Beach, California
The service in this hotel is very good! clean rooms and bedding...Front lobby customer is always Aloha :) Reasonable paid parking at this Hotel and well location just a few blocks from the beach...walking distance to all the shops and places to eat! affordable and easy to book reservations! I been staying here at the Ohana Waikiki West Hotel everytime I visit Waikiki for over 20 years!!!
"This hotel has now closed and is being demolished"
09/25/15 ds999999999 Margate, United Kingdom
We stayed a few days before it closed Rather sad as we had enjoyed previous visits and felt sorry for staff This is really all we had to say but the inflexible trip advisor app won't accept a brief review so I am having to type a lot of inconsequential nonsense in order to get the review published
"Price Was Right, Hotel Very Rundown"
09/04/15 Trodpod United States
Looking for an inexpensive place to stay in Waikiki. Price was sure right here, but the hotel was extremely dated and service lacking. Front desk agent not helpful at all in providing estimated time room would be ready or offering alternative rooms. Only one elevator working for the entire hotel... not good at all and it barely even worked. Found hairs in the sheets and bathroom could use some cleaning/updates. Definitely a budget hotel.
"It was like 2008 and 2012"
08/28/15 Mrcrossiant
Good hotel good for budget close to the beach nice staff. I like to come here and stay. Rooms are good everything is close to the hotel, and they will sure help you with anything, easy to get to the hotel from the AirPort. Good hotel and like to go back there again to stay my waikiki stay
"Great Overall Time"
07/30/15 muur777 San Francisco, California
Overall stay was great. The hotel is in a great location, near restaurants, shops and the beach. The hotel staff very welcoming and the excursion person was very helpful in our enjoying our stay. If you do not want to rent a car, the hotel has many bus routes the serve the area. Your actual room key gives you access to a trolley that runs from Waikiki to Ala Moana shopping center.
"Cheap for the time of year we stayed"
06/09/15 DaniB23 Campbelltown, Australia
I stayed here for Christmas & New Years with my sister. It was very outdated and our room smelt of mould. The wallpaper was peeling in the bathroom and it had mould in the shower. Some of the staff were friendly and others were just plain rude. The location was great though walking distance to the beach or you could catch the trolley which was right out the front. I wouldn't stay again though if I went back.
"Small and cozy"
06/07/15 Littlesunbee
I really enjoyed this hotel. It is not anything super fancy, but it is cozy and it is all you need when you stay in HNL. The rooms are a bit dated, but why need something luxurious when you spend most of your time outside? The rooms aren't particularly big.