All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America

• Value
    Uncomfortable
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
"Affordable hotel in great location!"
We enjoyed our stay very much. We would upgrade to a larger room next time as our room was very small with no balcony. It was perfectly ok for this trip and the hotel location is fabulous.
4 night romance trip Jan 17, 2016
Melinda
"Great hotel, great central location, great price"
Being in Hawaii, I really didn't plan on spending much time in the hotel. Amenities didn't really matter. Only bad thing was the elevators. Very slow to arrive and the card readers in them were temperamental. Otherwise, this hotel was perfect and affordable.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha, “hotel was perfect and affordable”…Thank you for that comment. Unfortunate to read of your issue with our elevators. I acknowledge the requirement to use the key for access to floors can be frustrating at times (and something we are looking to address) but the security outweighs the potential inconvenience. Perhaps when we install new lock systems later this year we can alleviate this dilemma. Apologies are offered for the inconvenience. We are pleased that you found the hotel well priced! Certainly, our location in the center of Waikiki and only minutes from Waikiki Beach is another big plus for this hotel. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Oahu. Mahalo, Bev Fidel Director of Sales and Marketing
4 night business trip Jan 10, 2016
"disappointing"
Probably the smallest, cramped room in the hotel; television not working properly and was told that this was a problem in several other rooms; no windows/sliding door to let in fresh air; the smell of marijuana smoke in the hallways, evidently coming from guest rooms; have stayed here several times - this stay was the most disappointing
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Unfortunate your post anon so I have been unable to follow up on detail. I trust the room class details available prior purchase decision were clear albeit the room size still falling short to expectations. Apologies for any shortfalls in service delivery and bad guest behavior. As a return guest, please let us know so we can attend to remedy.
3 night business trip Jan 10, 2016
"cheap furniture"
lobby and rooms need updating. But close to beach. nice pool. Bathroom nice, dressing area had interesting rounded wall details. nice views and bed. good hotel, $150 a little too high.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Thank you for the review. we look to maintain the property at the mid-tier level well into the future and will keep updates on social media with progress. Look forward to seeing you again when next you visit Waikiki.
1 night trip Jan 1, 2016
"Excellent Location, Great for Family Vacation"
We stayed on 12th floor with a partial view of Waikiki Beach. The room was very comfortable and roomy. It is very good for family vacation since the room has a small kitchen, microwave, toast oven, and plates/knifes. There is plenty of convenient stores nearby so you could save on meal costs. It is only 2 short blocks away from the main Waikiki Beach. It's definitely located in the tourist district.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha Eric from Arcada, Mahalo for taking the time to write a review and giving us a 5 star rating. Love your heading "Excellent Location, Great for Family Vacation" as Ohana means family and we'd like to welcome your family back in the future. Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
4 night family trip Dec 5, 2015
hotel staff very pleasant bellmen particularly helpful and prompt
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha and Mahalo for giving us the 5 star rating and letting us know you found the staff to be pleasant, will definitely share your comments with the staff. Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
2 night family trip Nov 29, 2015
"Tired but well located and clean"
Hotel has good potential for renovation but right now is a bit of a dump.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Hello Valerie, Sorry we appear to have fallen well short of your expectations. Whilst an older product, I trust our maintenance, cleaning and service delivery were acceptable to you.
1 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2015
Valerie
Very reasonable, good location, close to lots of shopping, restaurants, and beach. Will stay here again.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Thank you for the review and recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back.
3 night business trip Oct 26, 2015
"great hotel to stay in for the price paid."
Ohana Waikiki East was a very nice hotel to stay in. It's close to everything from the beach to the shops and eateries. The price they charge relative to the hotel was satisfactory. Some of the room decor, walls, and carpet could use some update... The service was excellent...from the front desk to the cleaning staff. I would definitely return and stay there again.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
"A Fight to get What I Paid For"
After checking in we were placed in a tiny room with a small bed on the street side of the hotel. After staying in one of these rooms years ago, I went back down to the check-in desk and showed them my reservation. I booked a King size bed n the pool side. I ask for what I paid for. The desk lady huffed and puffed and stated that the room she put us in was just renovated. I had to insist that the room was not satisfactory and I wanted what I paid for. She changed the room and handed me the new keys with an attitude not customer friendly.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Mahalo and Aloha! We appreciate your comments and concerns as it helps us to better our product. We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay and hope this will not hinder your decision to return to the islands and stay with us once more. Island Regards,
Other trip Oct 15, 2015
H
Room did not get cleaned..housecleaning would just throw wastecans in bathroom and room and change the plastic. But the beds would not be made. Would leave in morning and come back in evening so no excuse for them to not clean and make the beds. Was really surprise about that. The people at the front desk and the concierge desk were not friendly at all at all . On the better side, the hotel is in a perfect location. Walking distance to Waikiki Beach, restaurants and shops are all around.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Good morning Alicia Thank you for the review on this forum. I offer apologies for the shortfalls in service delivery by our housekeeping and front desk. These are generally our strengths (three star hotel, five star service). I assure you your comments are appreciated and used to address staff. We always look to challenge the hurdles faced to provide our guests distinctive hospitality and value. We hope you choose to return on your next visit to Hawaii. Regards
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
Alicia
"Average hotel stay"
The hotel was adequate based on the price. The livingroom needs updating, but the bedroom was nice.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha – thank you for the comments. Appreciate the note to others about the property; as a brief FYI we are looking forward to an upgrade of furniture in 2016 and look forward to sharing results with you at that time. I trust you enjoyed the time with us here in Waikiki. Looking forward to welcoming you back next year.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"hotel close to the beach"
It was my first trip to Hawaii and 3rd Island/hotel I visited. After beautiful and quiet Kona and Maui I was a bit disappointed about the quality of the facility. It was overcrowded, noisy ( very busy street location) and a room was a bit dirty. Bathroom, bed and a floor was perfectly clean but the surface of one of the shelf was sticky and a guest room book was very dusty,so I had to wipe it by myself. Also the room I was given first was in the corner next to the elevators/ engine so I could hear the elevators running as well the sound of the working engine was driving me crazy. Hopefully there was no problem with changing the room for a different floor and a quiet location. I pay in Maui/Kona $10 for car parking ( open air parking spot), Honolulu asked for $25 ( garage inside the building)..well it's a city life, more expensive, more busy, overcrowded. It is not what makes me feel happy on vacations. I like the surfing area and was very happy to have the sandy beach close to the hotel and a wonderful surfing instructor ;-) but you have to be at the beach around 6-7 am to enjoy the waives and emptiness of the space.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
agnesqs
"You need to stay here."
Excellent location. Five minute walk to Waikiki Beach and the Zoo. Close to Diamond Head. Several Restaurants within walking distance and a Hawaiian Village Shopping Center across the street.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Mahalo Roberto from Honolulu for your awesome 5star rating and for taking the time to write this review, it is greatly appreciated! Yes we are 5minutes away from Waikiki Beach and a few blocks from the zoo as well as Diamond Head, with restaurants right near the hotel, so yes we'd have to agree with you in saying we are in an excellent location. Look forward to seeing you again soon! Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2015
Roberto
"Close to Waikiki Beach and sites"
Two blocks from Waikiki Beach. Close to restaurants and shopping. Good value. Would stay there again. Parking (like everywhere) is $25 per day extra plus $15 resort fees (can be much higher on the beach) on top of stated rates (same everywhere).
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha Joseph from St. Petersburg, Mahalo for your review and 4 star rating it is greatly appreciated. Thanks also for pointing out our close proximity to the world famous Waikiki Beach, restaurants and shopping. Yes we are centrally located to everything!!! Glad to hear you would stay here again and yes although parking is a bit pricey it is lower than most parking structures. We look forward to welcoming you back! Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
4 night business trip Aug 23, 2015
"Great little stay-cation"
This hotel is convenient and centrally located in the heart of Waikiki. It is right-priced with friendly staff. The hotel provides a coupon book for dining, shopping and excursions. I used the 20% off coupon for Chuck's Cellar, the on-property restaurant, for a delicious dinner. Chuck's Cellar is both a local neighborhood bar and a place for tourists. It features a live piano player. Steaks are its specialty.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
I’m loving this stay-cation reference – think we should all make the effort more frequently in our respective daily lives. Glad our hotel suited your requirements and thrilled with the nod to Chuck’s. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2015
Heather N
"Nice and comfortable"
This hotel was very comfortable. I didn't notice a note to customers that they have some free gift until the departure day. I think the front desk staff should let customers know the information so that customers can get the most out of the service.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha – thank you for the comments. Apologies for any shortfalls in service delivery from reception regarding the amenities available. I trust the remainder of your stay with us enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
Lanikai
Outstanding location, great hotel.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
William – so very much appreciate the five point rating. We are fortunate with the perfect location here in Waikiki. Glad you found Expedia to be positive experience for booking your stay with us. We look forward to your return.
3 night romance trip Aug 12, 2015
"It is closed to the transportation and eateries."
Easy beach access about two blocks. Nearby bus stops. Lots of the eateries closed to the hotel. The hotel is closed to the shopping mall. It is very safe around the hotel.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha Alice from San Francisco! Thank you for the 5star rating and for taking the time to write a review on Expedia. Yes you hit it spot on we are located close to the beach, bus stops, eateries and shopping. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
Alice
I didn't like being asked several times to sign up for timeshare stuff. They didn't use the work timeshare but that is what it is.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Nice hotel in a great location"
Only let down is the towels are at reception and you have to stand in line with everyone that's checking in or out just for towels, and parking is very expensive, but otherwise then that I enjoyed my stay.....
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Very nice hotel very clean refreshing and uplifting I would definitely check on this hotel first thank you
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha Gabriel, Mahalo for your 4star rating and letting us know you found the hotel to be very nice clean refreshing and uplifting. Let us know when you plan on returning we'd love to welcome you back. Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
2 night trip Aug 1, 2015
Gabriel
This is the 4th time we have stayed at the Ohana East. It is at a great central location to the beach, restaurants and trolley. Rental car service is right across the street.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha Carolyn, Thank you for your 5star rating but more importantly staying with us a 4th time. Yes you are spot on in describing the hotel as having a great central location to the beach, restaurants and trolley as well as Alamo and Enterprise Rental car service right across the street, not to mention we have two restaurants and a coffee shop right here at the hotel and Food Pantry a full service grocery store right across the street. We look forward to welcoming you back a 5th time and many more times after that. Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
2 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Carolyn
"Wonderful surprise"
booked the hotel as a package so we were pleasantly surprised that it was beyond expectations. super location for the beach access, shopping and transportation. Our room was spacious with a great view of the city and the ocean. the staff was superb. they were helpful and efficient. I would recommend this hotel and stay there again in a heartbeat.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha! Mahalo for your review on this public forum letting us know you were pleasantly surprised to find we were centrally located to the beach, shopping and transportation, your room had a great view of the city and ocean, the staff was superb, helpful and efficient. Mahalo also for your 5star rating it is greatly appreciated and happy to hear we went beyond your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and thank you for letting us know you would recommend us. See you soon! Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
My experience here at this hotel, I do like it. The guy who checked us was super friendly and nice, made us feel welcome. Our room was perfect! It has a half view ocean and city. Nothing bad I can say about this place. Would Stay here again in future.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha and mahalo for taking the time to write a review and for giving us a 4 star rating. Happy to see you have chosen to publicly write on this forum of your stay here and to let us all know you enjoyed the experience, found the person that checked you in to be super friendly and nice and most importantly made you feel welcome. Thank you for the recommendation of staying here again in the future. Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
"Older but nice"
Room was older, but super clean. Service was great. Helpful even offered me the hospitality suite on check out, since I had several hours after check out before my flight. Worked perfectly I hit the beach for a few hours. Was able to shower before a long flight. Will stay here again.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha David from Albuquerque, Mahalo for letting us know you found the service great and you were able to make use of our Hospitality suite to shower freshen up and change on your day of departure. Mahalo for your 3star rating and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future! Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
2 night trip Jul 19, 2015
david
"Friendly Service and Comfort"
Customer service was great. Pillows were super soft. Too bad ice machine is in lobby.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Good afternoon and thank you for the feedback on our service. Ice machines - well, we have just ordered two new ones but location will be the same as we simply do not have the space on guest floor levels.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2015
"Paradise is a cross the street"
Great location - right across from Waikiki beach. very friendly and accomadating staff. The hotel is old but clean and nice and affordable.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Hi Michelle We are looking to be the go-to hotel for all who are looking for location, location (without the beachfront expense). So pleased our service and housekeeping met with your expectations. looking forward to welcoming you back. Sincerely
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Overall a decent hotel. Got a free bag and a great view out of it. A bit far from the beach but right in the middle of a lot of restaurants.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Thank you for the kind review. Love your comment about the free bag and view. The view certainly a bonus, but for others reviewing this forum, the bag is part of the connection fee. For transparency here, please note: You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the hotel: Resort fee: USD 11.95 per accommodation, per night The hotel resort fee includes: Beach towels and beach bag Fitness center access Shuttle service (Waikiki trolley rides) Internet access Newspaper Phone calls In-room safe Coffee Housekeeping/cleaning fees/gratuities
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
"Awesome weekend"
Enjoyed my stay everything was g
1 night trip Jul 4, 2015
Arthur
"A Paradise in Paradise"
From Maile's exceptional welcoming help at the Reception desk to the bell hops help at check-out, everything was beyond perfect during the busy 4th of July weekend. Truly, an experience of paradise in Paradise!
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Now thats how we should all spend the 4th Thank you so much for the great review. I have followed up with Maile and the boys at the bell desk with appreciation of their efforts. Look forward to welcoming you back next year for more fireworks. Regards
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Fantastic Staff"
We originally booked 1 night as a stop over on our way home, however our flight was cancelled and we needed to stay a further night. The staff could not have been more helpful. We had to check out of the room we were in because the hotel was full due to the 4th July but Marie found us another room and upgraded us at no charge. The hotel is very well located and u get use of the pink line trolley also which is great if you want to go to the Ala Moana centre.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Many thanks, We are proudly a three star hotel centrally located in the heart of Waikiki. It is our focus on the delivery of distinctive hospitality and value that motivates us and feedback like yours the reward. We look forward to your return – perhaps for as a holiday destination rather than stopover next time. Regards Aloha Mai. Please like us on face book (Ohana Waikiki East) where you will find us interacting with our past, present and future guests. Sharing our story, our culture and our place. Mahalo for engaging.
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
Jo
Needs updated but overall good
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Many thanks for the strong scoring. Our lobby refresh is underway now, our rooms only three years since refurbishment will see updated furniture next year. We are fortunate to have a company (Outrigger) continuing to invest in our product and our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
Our flight was cancelled so we needed a room for 1 night. The price was fine, the room was clean and adequate for 1 night. The hotel staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel is dated and needed a facelift. There was heavy construction across the street that started at 7AM. Fine for a short stay.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha Diana from Long Island, New York, No one likes to hear their flight has been cancelled so we can imagine how you felt having to find a hotel for an unexpected extra night. We are glad you choose us and found your room to be clean and adequate and the hotel staff to be helpful and friendly. We would like to welcome you back int he near future. Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Diana
"Convenient location"
l needed an overnight hotel and this was great! location, location, and location.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha ! You said it right location location location we are situated in the center of shops, nightlife, restaurants and just 5 minutes away from the beach! We thank you for your 4 star rating and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
traveler
Room 600 -- heard elevator all night long!!! Construction sounds early in the morning due to massive construction right next door.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha and Mahalo for taking the time to write a review and giving us a 2star rating. We understand the noise level you experienced during your stay and we look forward to once the construction is completed enjoying the new and revitalized International Marketplace. We also look forward to welcoming you back as well. Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
"Yes, stay here."
Excellent hotel for price. Room/bathroom compact but very clean, comfortable and full of light and nice decor. Beds very comfortable. I recommend for travelers who do not need luxury, but do want an upscale feel at a decent price.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Noted the property was not active in responding to guest feedback prior 2015. Also that the Hotel appointed a new GM in March 2015. Posts on the forum appreciated and acknowledged. Should any matter raised herein remain unresolved please contact the property directly. Please be advised hotel room class and category was updated in 2015. Mahalo.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
"Bliss in Ohana East"
It was a good experience just that we couldn't get another night because it was fully booked. Everything is a la carte, meaning everything you want is an extra charge. I like it a lot because it was close to everything we wanted our hotel to be close to. We were sad it was a little pricy though. It was a good experience and would have loved to stay more.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha Vivien, Mahalo for the 5star rating it is greatly appreciated! Glad to hear you had a good experience and found the hotel close to everything you wanted to be close to. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
1 night romance trip Jun 16, 2015
VIVIEN
"It was great."
Hotel gace us good directions to go every where around Waikiki and made us feel good.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Mahalo for your 5star rating! Happy to hear the staff helped you get around Waikiki! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
The hotel location is wonderful. Close to everything lots to do with in a walking distance. The staff at the front desk is awesome. The rooms are very clean. Over all I will come back time after time!!!!!
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha Syrene, Mahalo for taking the time to write a review on Expedia and letting us know you enjoyed your stay and giving us the awesome 5star rating! Glad you found our front desk staff to be awesome and the rooms very clean. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
syreen
"Perfect location very close to everything."
I liked the pool and the jacuzzi. The hotel is small but has everything that you need for your stay. Affordable. Close to EVERYTHING!
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha and Mahalo for taking the time to write a review and letting us know you found the hotel to have everything you needed during your stay. Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
"Nice location close to getting whatever we needed"
Although there were dirty towels in the bathroom when we got there. everything was good.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
"hotel jackhammer"
flew in to HNL for relocation; jackhammer and noisy construction all night, no discount nor refund. drug dealers prowling the streets. Room was right near elevator too. "No return, brah!"
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha and Mahalo for taking the time to write your review and letting us know of your frustrations regarding "jack hammering and noisy construction all night" (the construction in the area stops at 6pm at the latest) and "drug dealers prowling the streets" we are sure this had to have been very frustrating however no fault of the hotels. The rooms near the elevators are a hit and miss some guest like them and some do not care for them, we apologize for the room not meeting your expectations. We do hope you will return and stay with us in the future. Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
1 night business trip May 28, 2015
"Last day in Paradise"
The hotel is outdated. It still has alot of amenities to offer. The location is very convenient to the beach!
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha and Mahalo for giving us a 4star rating and giving us your concerns. We sincerely hope you will stay with us once more in the future. Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
"stay alright but hidden fees annoying"
The stay was fine, but the hotel had extra charges for parking and "connection fee." I made the mistake of paying in advance on hotels.com otherwise, I would've backed out of our reservation and found a room at one of the hundreds of other hotels in the vicinity.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha Ryan, Mahalo for taking the time to write a review and letting us know of your comments and concerns as this helps us to better our product. We sincerely hope you will stay with us again in the future. Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Ryan
"Nice but noisy"
I was given room #900 whic is directly next to the elevator shafts! The noise was all night long, cars going up and down all night. They need to sound proof these rooms better or else, not rent them out and use them for storage or something else. Before you check into your room, ask if it abuts the elevators!
Other trip May 22, 2015
Ron
"Good clean hotel close to the beach"
Nice hotel close to the beach but construction next to the hotel is loud and unsightly. Some of the staff at the desk are very rude except for Brian he was nice and tried to help us find another room that didn't have construction outside the balcony
Other trip May 18, 2015
"A very comfortable stay!"
Feeling and being comfortable is of primary importance. Ohana East provided me that comfort. Mahalo.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Mahalo Joseph for taking the time to write a review on Hotels.com and writing a review. We also thank you for our great 5star rating. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
1 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
"Getaway"
Okay hotel, bathroom shower small
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha and Mahalo for your review we appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts. Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
1 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
"Hawaii April 2015"
My granddaughter and I stayed at the Ohana East for 3 nights. I wanted something that was close to the Waikiki beach and shopping. It was great for both. I know parking is at a premium and I paid $25 per day to park my rental car in their underground garage. I just wish that it was cheaper. Will stay there again.
Response by OHANA Waikiki East
Aloha Debra from Wi. Mahalo for taking the time to write a review on Hotels.com and giving us a 5star rating it is greatly appreciated.Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future. Island Regards, OHANA Waikiki East Hotel Management
3 night family trip Apr 8, 2015