All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here150 Kaiulani Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"walk to the beach"
wonderful location..great rooms although don't get one behind the elevator as I heard a number of complaints on that..Great staff
4 night trip Nov 20, 2014
edmund
"Disappointed with this hotel."
I found my room with only a double bed(room no 404), since my booking is Mahalo Rate Standard Room. The room suppose come with a king bed or a queen bed or 2 double bed. I paid $169.00 and got the very small room. And the bath room is very small too. The shower room door will hit the wash sink and the toilet just squeeze together in a small place. It looks like a single room for one people only. The hot water tap come with cool water and I can't take the comfort shower, and I call front desk for what's going on. They sent a technician to check and technician ask me to open the hot water tap until the hot water is arrive, it takes 10 minutes. The beddings are feel not clean. Looks like the hotel just give me the room whatever they have. Second day, I got the lift down, all lift no function and we wait for 30min in lobby. Finally, we take a walk the stair up to floor 4. I spend my time and money for my honey moon. I feel ready disappointed with this hotel.
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
Jimmy
"Great for the price!"
Perfect for an over night stay. I would t stay the whole time since the views aren't amazing for Hawaii. Only problem was the construction right out our window which they can't help.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Panda
"wonderful"
The staff are very polite, and eager to help, there is nothing that they can't fix or do. They hand out coupons and interesting locations for eating, shopping, rentals, entertainment, tours, all must go places.
beach bum
"Ruined Vacation"
Reservations were wrong and so we got kicked out a night early. Hotel its self needs renovating. We will never stay here or any of its chain hotels ever again. Also, not everything listed in hotel ad is true. The whole stay was a disappointment.
Lydia Leinaala
"Great location, decent hotel"
Overall the stay was really good! Perfect neighborhood for Waikiki at a reasonable price. Parking is a pain though! They don't have valet, which probably is why they can keep the costs lower, but it was a little tough to find. And the parking garage is small. But again, it's Waikiki and at a lower price I shouldn't be too picky. That said, when we checked out and tried to pay for parking, the person at the desk was rude. I didn't realize their process on something and Chris at the desk was just not friendly. When my friend and I walked away from the desk to go to our car, she started to to the person next to her! Just really rude. I'd still stay there again though.
2 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
"Best experience"
I've stayed in Waikiki at least 4 times in the past and I WISH that I had discovered this place long ago. The room is nothing fancy but the beds are very comfortable, you have plenty of space, a fridge, a desk, and some chairs. Every room has a balcony, AND we didn't pay for an ocean view room but we still got a view from our balcony. Plus if you have a late flight they will let you use a hospitality suite to shower in, a GREAT bonus for those of us who want to enjoy the beach the day we leave. Great for everything because you're in the middle of it all.
3 night family trip Nov 11, 2014
Danaan
"good price"
Spacious and clean room. Great location.
2 night romance trip Nov 3, 2014
Rosalyn
"Great location!"
Bathroom stall is SMALL. It would have been difficult for a larger person to take a decent shower in it. Beds were very comfortable and room was quiet considering there is major construction going on next door. Love the location! Close to everything and love the free pink trolley rides! Will stay again!
4 night trip with friends Oct 26, 2014
"Just ok"
Nice staff. Was disappointed that they did not tell you about a $25 parking fee when reserved online, that hikes a good deal up quite a bit. Older property, room was clean, bathroom and shower very small.
1 night romance trip Nov 3, 2014
Sylvia
"Don't Do It"
Tiny, old room right by the elevator. Noisy, mall & a view of a building site
2 night business trip Oct 31, 2014
Valerie
"Location"
Great location. Close to everything in Waikiki. Hotel is cleaned and staff are nice.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
QVN
"Outstannding Hotel"
The hotel and staff were excellent and professional. Treated us like family. Would definitely stay there again.we wanted to stay there Halloween week end. But there weren't any vacancies.
2 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
donald
"Okay to East"
We understand the age but when we reserved 6 months in advance and they can't provide the requested room i.e king bed or double beds and they tell us they make the decison the day before that's not good service. There is no advantage to book in advance. The room was not cleaned everyday but location was great and rate good. Overall would recommend but some improvement needed for service and facility.
3 night family trip Oct 15, 2014
lawrence
"Just what I was looking for"
This hotel was perfect for what I needed. I was in O'ahu for just one night as I had a 24 hour layover on my way to Brisbane. So I didnt want to spend an arm and a leg on hotel prices and fees. I just wanted a clean hotel in the heart of Waikiki where I could walk to most anywhere I wanted to go...mainly the beach. The hotel is literally a block and a half from the beach and dozens of food options. The location for me, was perfect and even though the hotel is situated right in Waikiki, i didnt hear street noises or bar crowds. Another plus is that room had controlled air conditioning, which I definitely used. The hotel staff was average in regards to hospitality, but they gave out a free beach bag, which I have been using a lot. The room was small, but perfect for one person, and it was clean and nicely maintained.
1 night trip Oct 23, 2014
"Nice place to stay and enjoy Waikiki."
After one horrible night at a different hotel, I found this hotel. I must say that this was a great place for myself and my grandchild. We had plenty of room, it was clean (a must), quite, and had great service and personnel. It is a little outdated but that doesn't impact the experience. The location was perfect if you didn't want to be around crowds but wanted to be close to restuarants and things to do.
6 night family trip Oct 5, 2014
"Okay But....."
Being at Waikiki means beach and swimming to me as we'll as dining and shopping so a tad surprised that rooms had really no place to put a wet suit or damp towel (we bring our own big beach towels) to dry as bathrooms tiny and balconies windy as in they would end up back in ocean from breeze.
5 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
GTK
Hotel was Ok. Can't believe they don't offer a breakfast.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Good location - budget hotel"
Good location in Waikiki. Short walk to the beach and several great restaurants. Sound insulation in the room was poor. My wife and I actually bought a sound machine to block out our neighbors' talking.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Graham
Won't use again not impressed. No a enmities. Thought getting a queen or king bed and a full. Internet didn't work. No hotel bar/restaurant by pool
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
zac
Nice place. Recommended. Close to restaurants, beaches and shopping.Hotel staff friendly and helpful.
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
"Ohana East"
My review is based strictly on the location of the room I stayed in, room 700. This room is located exactly adjacent to the three elevators and the entrance goes does the side of the elevators and goes around to the left behind the elevators. The headboard of the bed is against the wall separating the room from the elevators. The noise from the elevators is irritating to say the least and there is no way to prevent it. This room and others like it on all floors should be converted to storage rooms. They are not appropriate for use as guest rooms, The room was clean. But when you can't get good rest it destroys the stay. The wifi is also very slow. And you can't log on to VPN.
3 night business trip Sep 22, 2014
Richard Wilkerson
"5 min to beach, good value"
This is a good hotel very conveniently located. it is an older hotel with small bathroom but updated beds. The pool is tiny but the beach is one block away.
2 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Noel
"Just fine"
Helpful and friendly. Nice rooms. 2Blks from beach. Extra elevators. 3Feet from my door!
2 night family trip Sep 10, 2014
"Great stay comfortable rooms"
The rooms were nice, clean and well maintained. The pool area was lovely! Great place to stay!
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
Donna Doss
"Great location, nice rooms, excellent value"
Very nice rooms with good view of the ocean and canal, excellent location with much of Waikiki in walking distance, great value compared to similar hotels nearby
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
The Ohana East is located right in Waikiki and you can walk just one block to the white sandy beach. The entire staff including the housekeepers were very, very pleasant and accommodating. The pool & jacuzzi are well maintained. Our room was comfortable and perfectly cleaned every day. The in-room fridge made it convenient to keep our juices and water cold without having to go outside the room to the ice machine. We stayed here many times and never found a hotel as convenient and affordable as the Ohana East in Waikiki.
7 night trip Sep 2, 2014
Connie
"Construction noise"
Major construction going on next to the hotel. If you have a room facing the pool then it can be very noisy if your balcony door is open so if you can, ask for a room opposite the pool.
6 night family trip Sep 2, 2014
"Excellent Spot to Stay in Waikiki - Great Value"
Fantastic hotel and great value only few minutes walk to beach. Have been to Hawaii a few times and stayed at various places. Would definitely stay here again, just got home and can't wait to book my next trip!!
4 night romance trip Aug 24, 2014
Natalee
"Nice location, clean and overall pleasant"
Had a 2nd floor room with a large patio that overlooked the main street. Noise level was fine while the door was shut and a/c works well. Room was comfortable and spacious and bathroom was clean. Now for the bad. The guys at the bell desk are rude. One guy started out nice but just got worse the more you talk to him. The other guy literally argued with me over something completely childish so I shut the conversation down. People at the front desk can be a little short with you when talking and smiles are rare. Hotel is nice overall and would stay here again, just avoid the bell desk.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
hulawahine
"Centrally located in Waikiki"
We have stayed at several hotels in the Waikiki area over the years, but this is our hotel of choice as it is clean, nice and centrally located. Also, there is a laundromat adjacent ~very important!
4 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Cat & Robert
"HOTEL STAFF IS THE VERY BEST"
Every person we meet at the hotel knew their job and that was to make the hotel a friendly place to stay. The only problem, which had nothing to do with the hotel, was the construction behind the hotel -- this why we recommend you upgrade to the front side of the hotel. The very nice part of the location is that you don't need a car --bus service will take you anywhere you want to go. We love having a framers market next to the hotel at King's Market Place.
5 night trip Aug 28, 2014
W..Ross
"Nice hotel, close to beach"
Stayed there for my son's wedding. Requested rooms to be together. When registering, our rooms were not together and we did not receive rooms we requested. Was disappointed.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"very comfortable"
Stayed only 2 nights but it was very comfortable. Large bed made me feel at home. Room was a little small but adequate. Bathroom was small also. Room was next to the express elevator but it didn't bother me. Construction next door started pretty early and pretty loud. Parking was very cramp. It was all expected so all in all, it was very relaxing.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2014
Wade K.
"Ohana East"
Other than a few hours without hot water everything else worked out well.
3 night trip Aug 12, 2014
"We love this hotel"
We love staying at this hotel. The staff is always so pleasant. If it's available we always book it. The only problem we had was the first room they put us in. It had an awful sour smell. I can't even begin to imagine why it smelled like that. They offered to spray it, but we didn't want to go back to that room. Instead they put us in another room and that room was perfect! Thank you.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Evelyn
The staff at the reception desk was well below friendly and cordial. We used three consierge and had the best information and experience from one, the others knew less about the excursions we were interested in. Her recommendations were just as she said would be. I would definitely seek her out for my next vacation. The internet was free but ran very slowly. You have to relax and be on aloha time!
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Pamela
"Average but outdated"
Front desk was very nice, but no one to help with bags. Not a fancy hotel at all. Clean but outdated. Only stayed 2 nights before going to another island. I would not stay here for a long vacation; area is icky
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
sandy
Good location. Parking is expensive, but it's not Ohana's fault since it's a private company. It would be nice if guests got a discount.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
"decent hotel, good location, good comparable value"
We stayed one night in Ohana East and it was a decent hotel in a good location. We were traveling with our 3 month old and two year old and our biggest complaint is the tiny shower in our room. With two small children, I consider a bathtub a requirement and didn't think to ask for a room with one. This hotel is a few blocks away from the beach for a more reasonable price and there is lots of shops around it which carry everything that you could need.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Shyann
"close to the action"
Hotel was OK nothing fancy for sure. Elevators quick and staff decent and helpful. Bed was way too soft and needs to be replaced. Bathroom really small as was the balcony. Parking was additional as well.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
I liked the hotel; good location , friendly and helpful service staff .
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"Not too far from the beach."
Well by staying at Ohana East you get to ride FREE on the pink trolley bus which takes you to many tourist areas around town in Waikiki which is very convenient. Nice economical rooms for the price. few blocks away from the beach and located in a very lively side of Waikiki.
2 night romance trip Jul 1, 2014
Traveling Couple
"close to everything"
nice area
9 night trip Jul 22, 2014
"Too much hallway noise..."
Good location for the $$$. Staff were great. But they need to find a way so seal the doors better. You are disrupted by anyone going and coming to their rooms because you hear the doors slam close. Walls between rooms have no sound deadening so what your they do you hear.
6 night family trip Jul 20, 2014
Kerry
"Great hotel close to beach and fun"
I took a vacation by myself for seven days on Oahu. I took a shuttle from the airport to the Ohana East and upon exiting the shuttle, I was greeted by the Bell Man and shown to the elevator to the lobby. The bell men are very helpful and kind with providing maps and directions or just offering suggestions on places to eat or visit. In the lobby, the front desk was well staffed and I checked in quickly and headed to my room. I was so very pleased with my room. It was on the 14th floor and was a king bed with a large TV, lots of sitting room, internet hook-up for my computer, and most important for me, a coffee maker and complimentary coffee and tea. I checked the cleanliness of the room right away and found no issues. Lin, the housekeeper for that floor, is very diligent in her duties and ensured my room was immaculate! My view from the balcony (lanai) was partial city view...this was actually, beautiful views of the city, mountain, and the ocean. The balcony had two chairs and a small table so I was able to enjoy my morning coffee and evening tea on the balcony and watch the happenings going on or look out over the ocean. Every morning (Mon-Sat) I picked up a complimentary newspaper from the desk. The lobby has a very nice ambience with Hawaiian music playing lightly. There is an activities desk with ideas for everybody.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Jeri
The hotel was the cheapest I found and I got what I paid for.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
We found the hotel to be comfortable, affordable, and in a great location. Although we only stayed one night, we were very satisfied with the hotel overall.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
"Close to shops and places to eat."
We had a very good experience. Hotel staff was very accommodating and put us in a big room to accommodate our children. They were very friendly as well.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Cali travelor
This hotel was a great location for us. Granted, it is not right on the beach but the price is much less. The beach is close enough to walk to and it is right on the bus line.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2014