All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
1777 Ala Moana Blvd., Lobby Level 105 B/C, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice place to stay again."
Convinient location, helpful staff and fare price.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
AG
"close to shopping center and main street"
office needs to be relocated, one coin changer machine?
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Eddie
"Nice hotel."
Nice and clean hotel with the facilities I wanted: kitchen, self-help laundry, swimming pool, free wi-fi etc.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
SY
"Nice hotel, close the beach"
great location, beach quietly. Rooms with carpet a bit old, but acceptable.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"Good location!"
One thing that stood up is the friendly hospitable staff that starts from bell man to customer service! Got the city view which is ok coz I preferred the marina/ocean view but guy from registration says there's construction going on and it might be noisy. Stayed on 20th floor pretty high and views of mountains were visible. 2 double beds and sofa bed. Room is clean, kitchen is quite small but we only used it for breakfast. Bathroom, no tub but it works for us. Didn't really use the balcony coz you could actually see your neighbor room so not much privacy. Had non draining sink and was fixed right away by their very nice engineering crew. Pool was small, didn't even use it. Didn't try the restaurants in the hotel coz we like walking around waikiki and get a taste of more popular restaurants in the area. Best asset of the hotel is the location. Walkable to ala moana center, waikiki beach, royal hawaiian center, and the bus and trolley stop is right in front of hotel. Good pick for the price.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
Liz
"Outstanding service, well-located property!"
The Guest Services Supervisor was especially attentive to my requests for a room, contacted me when it was available-since I arrived early, and called me by name throughout my stay. When having breakfast at Cinnamon's with a business associate, the service and food were very good. Even though I didn't use the kitchen facilities, it was convenient to have them available for an occasional piece of fresh fruit. Also, the Ilikai is conveniently located to the beach for swimming, or walking on the beach front to adjoining properties, and to shopping at the Ala Moana Shopping Center.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
Sheryl
"Beautiful view!"
A wonderful beach side hotel. Nice kitchen. Fridge was a little loud. Try to have one more cleaning day.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
We had a great stay at the Ilikai. Service was great, and all queries were answered and resolved promptly. Cinnamons was a great place to eat for all meals. It is located a short walk to the beach but not right in the busy busy part of waikiki. Shop around for tours, don't just book at the Ilikai office for convenience. Wasn't going to spend 2hrs at a timeshare hard sell just to get 25% off tours etc. If you walk down the street you can get cheaper anyway, or just google! Would stay again with the family for sure.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Great customer service! Apelina is the best!!!"
Customer service is excellent! Rooms are clean and hotel is well located, it can be a little loud for sensitive sleepers,. We totally loved it. Apelina at the front desk made our stay very comfortable and enjoyable.
3 night trip with friends Apr 6, 2015
Pablo
We had a good time at the hotel. Staff was nice and helpful. There's a convenience store in the hotel for sundries. Check-in was easy and quick. Entrance and lobby are beautiful. Had a nice breakfast with a view at Cinnamon's. The location was very nice - close to a lot of shopping and restaurants.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
CE
"Great Condo next to the Marina, 150 yds from beach"
This was our first trip to Hawaii and we booked a junior suite at the IIikai, we were very pleased with our stay here. The room was a mountain view which was ok, but I would book an ocean view if I did it again. The room was clean and comfortable, kitchen area is very small but filled the purpose. The IIikai has a small food store on the first floor along with a couple of other retail outlets, and a couple of pretty good places to eat, Cinnamons and try Sarento's for a romantic sunset dinner at the top of the building, both are fairly expensive but the food is good. There is and elevated walkway from the hotel to the beach for a short walk to the sand. Park at the Red Lobster 1/2 block away and save $$$. There is a major bus stop out front so you can get on and go anywhere. Shopping is everywhere in Honolulu but the better shops and bars are just a short walk away. Check-In could have been faster as there was several people in line but our room was ready early which maybe made up for the delay.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Nice! Close to restaurants, stores and beach."
Our stay in this hotel was very nice. Employees/ Hotel Staff are very nice/friendly. Hotel is clean and I would definitely recommend this to a friend.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Jay
"Need upgrade"
The staff of the hotel is very friendly but the hotel is in need of a good upgrade. The furniture are out dated and the bed could be more comfortable. My husband said he saw one cockroach but I didn't seen anything.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Iris
"Nice hotel close to the beach. Bad beds"
I hate that this survey made me finish this before I could proceed.
"Central location and excellent service."
Friendly helpful staff that go out of their way to make your stay an enjoyable experience. The accomodations were comfortable and the kitchen is an added bonus if you don't plan to eat out for every single meal. The place is central and convenient to walk to places.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
Ben
"Average"
The hotel was fine for what we wanted...someplace to shower and sleep. Nothing special, nothing bad.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Debbie
"Kitchen, Laundry, Beach"
I was looking for accommodation with a full kitchen & laundry, this was all that I found on Expedia. It had everything I wanted, I love the lagoon right out back, and beach next door. I found the room itself perfect! The restaurant Cinnamon's good and convent. Cabs readily available at all times and not expensive. I found the property itself dated and I would have preferred to be closer to the shopping area, at Beach Walk.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Single Mom
"Good hotel in the middle of Waikiki"
The hotel location is great, close to the beach, close to the Hilton lagoon and close enough to Waikiki beach(you can get there in no time by bus). The price is good for the accommodation and location.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Mauricio
"Family friendly close to becah"
The staff at the Ilikai were amazing. Anything we needed was delivered to our room or made available for us. Rooms were large and had a full kitchen which made the trip even better. The 2 negatives about this property would be the stiff and worn beds and the valet only parking. It was nice not to have to search for a parking spot though.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Ryan
"Waikiki Marina stay"
We dearly loved the resort and area, so easy for walks. The only issue we had was not with the resort and area but that the transport people delivering and picking us up for the airport to return just couldn't seem to know where the place was even though it had been there for 50 years.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
"Great option in Waikiki area"
Great location (near downtown and historic honolulu but also near Waikiki beach area) and good staff. While some of their policies weren't great (3 day cleaning policy and others), the guest services representative was excellent. She really helped us get a feel for the lay of the land and prioritize what we wanted and her recommendations on grocery and eating were very appreciated (Chiba Ken was awesome!). This hotel earns bonus points by offering free wi-fi. That was one of the reasons I picked it and it delivered. While it wasn't as fast as my connection at home, it was plenty fast for what I needed for the few hours I needed to do work in my room on my balcony (though connectivity was bizarrely poor only 10 feet away on the balcony). Kitchenette was a great feature.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"Shopper's dream location"
We were greeted with genuine Hawaiian hospitality and a chilled towelettes a nice touch. The location was good near ala moana shopping center and plenty of restaurants.
3 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
victoria
"Great hotel with excellent location"
Spent 4 short days in Waikiki. Hotel was located in great location for us to show my sister and fiancé the island of Oahu. Short walking distance to all that Waikiki has to offer and close to Hale Koa facility. I am retired military so utilized the facility there along with the px exchange. Ilikai was nice but room is due for a makeover. My sisters room on hotel side was more modern but we didn't spend much time in room. They did mention that this room would be getting updated later this year. I would recommend the Ilikai to others as this is a great spot. I plan on coming back there and would stay there over Hale Koa as rooms are bigger and better views. Fireworks on Friday night was great on back of the hotel down the walkway. Morning coffee on the patio was awesome.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Troy
Good location. House cleaning is on every 4 days though. Elevators can get busy at around 5PM.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"10 days at the Ilikai Waikilki Marina Resort"
The bad; when we booked the trip it was because the ad said you would have a room overlooking the beach/harbor, when we arrived we were told the only room they had was one on the 3rd floor overlooking the street, and we would be called by the following Tuesday to let us know what room we would be moved to, never received a call, never got moved, also we were told room service would be every 4 days and they were only there once on Tuesday of that week, I asked one of the housekeepers on Friday if they were doing it and she did not know but would have staff check (never heard back) the room being close to the street was very loud with street noise and internet service was spotty, maintenance came down and said they would have someone call us from cable company they did and put me on hold for 30 minutes and then got disconnected and never called back by them. The good outweighs the bad as you are close to the beach and parks, the hotel is very clean and secure, transportation is available to take you everywhere, there are stores and restaurants nearby within walking range or by trolley car, the hotel has a great guest services that can help you plan out what trips, tours you want to go to and gave great recommendations. The tours we went on were all great and the guides knowledgeable, interactive and very entertaining. We would go back to this hotel again and would recommend it to others as most of the bad can be fixed with a little forethought when making the reservations
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Steve and Joyce
This was our second stay here. Great price for this area. Right on the beach. Kitchen allows you to make meals, which saves on eating all meals out. Washer and dryer in hall on every floor. Great view. Great staff. Will return. Great access to all attractions. We have stayed in other hotels on the beach here and paid a lot more. This hotel is just as nice as the others at a lot less. When I come back it will be here. If you have a rental car you will need to pay for parking. But it is less then what the other hotels charge. Look at the difference in the charges on the different sites to compare.
Adrienne
"Very nice stay"
Last minute trip to Hawaii from Vegas so we got a good deal. Weren't given the best view, fifth floor city view, so was a little noisy but we didn't mind for the price we were paying. Very quick walk to the beach which was great since we had an 18 month old with us. Location couldn't be better for a beach trip, very convenient. Eating out in Hawaii is so expensive so it was great to have a kitchen. Spent $50 at the ABC store across the street when we got there. That covered 2 breakfasts, all snacks and drinks for whole trip. Probably saved us hundreds. Highly recommend this place for families, we will be back, as long as we get the same deal again!!
3 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
"Nice overall"
A bit old-fashioned interior. Most of the other guests were average age of 60-65. But I had a great time and would come back again. Quiet if you are looking for something like that, which I was. Staff was very helpful. Valet service was great but expensive. A bit out of the way but not that far.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
Teresa
"Don't get the rooms facing city....."
Facing really busy street, buses stopping almost every minute!!! On top of the noise, it Stinks!!! Gasoline smell from all the cars and buses, really harmful. The room had some sort of funny old smell too. The TV was in a closet...the big bulky tv from old days... However, Rooms facing ocean, wow completely differnt world... quiet and smell the sea breeze... overlooking beautiful garden with fountain and ocean... Make sure you get the ocean facing rooms. Don't book the city facing one only because its cheap. Next time when we go to Waikiki, we will book differnt hotels that are not on the busy bus stopping street. Oh we left a hat with Australian flag on, near the fountain area, and when we went back to find it only a few minutes later, IT WAS GONE !! We did our best to find the hat as it was an important item to us, yet no show. ??? Who would pick up a hat and take it in that short time?????
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
Bella
"Excellent stay next to the yacht harbor"
Had a lovely 3 night staycation at the Waikiki Marina Resort. The studio room was very comfortable and well appointed. The location was great--close to the beach and with easy access to food options.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Cathy
"Nice but its a Vacation Property not a Hotel Room"
Stay was for 2 nights prior to my move back to the mainland. It was awkward that the resort's check in desk was on the 2nd floor in a plain office suite. The front desk is also not open 24 hours. The lack of non-daily housekeeping was not clear during booking. But overall it was not an issue since I was only there 2 nights.
2 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
Jeffrey
We spent 4 days at the Ilikai Hotel. Great location, very nice room. Bed was comfortable, having a full kitchen was great. I would highly recommend this place.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
"vacation at Ilikia"
The hotel was nice and clean. The staff were knowlegible and friendly. I received a free upgrade and an ocean view room.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
dBaltimore
"Misleading info and poor room condition"
The room(#915)I paid a lot of money for and stayed in was in poor condition(limited space for this comment precludes listing each condition). When I checked in and found out I was in a time share unit on the 9th floor I requested a room on a lower floor because of my fear of heights and was told no other room was available. The only reason I stayed in this room after seeing the condition was it was clean and everything worked and I had no other choice as I was told upon check-in there was no other room available. Also, I was not told by Hotels.com during the reservation process that this room was a Time Share unit with once a week maid service. Had I known this in advance I wouldn't have booked the reservation which in my opinion is misleading and more disclosure of this type of info is necessary by Hotels.com because it is not a hotel with daily maid service which I assumed I was reserving. This is truly a buyer beware situation.
8 night trip Jan 12, 2015
Norman
"It was GREAT!!!!!"
I Loved being able to cook if I wanted, sitting out on the lanai and enjoying the fresh air. I can't wait to come back.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Angela
"4- night stay in condo style room in large hotel"
Kitchenette worked well for us, travelers on the go, providing a way to breakfast to begin the day and have ice cream to end the day. The balcony was a bonus. Although we couldn't see the beach from it, there was a nice view of other hotels and mountains. AC and TV worked well. The water pressure seemed low but perhaps that is due to the shower head or simply the way it is in all Waikiki hotels. We enjoyed seeing fireworks from the ground as we ate dinner near the hotel our first night.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
It's not to bad I would go back here again we had a good stay
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
"Luxury at the Ilikai"
Valet Staff was incredible! They were fast and efficient, and not to mention, Friendly! Checking into the hotel quick and easy. Hotel facility was easy to navigate and convenient. Hotel location was perfect, close to the strip and close to Ala Moana Hotel. The room was immaculate and smelt nice, very comfortable. I will return in the future.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
Aurielle
Disappointed w/ facilities and services at hotel given the price. Have stayed at much nicer places on Waikiki for less.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"This is Timeshare hotel"
I didn't realize this was a timeshare hotel when I booked thru expedia. I did stay at Ilikai hotel about 10years ago. Not much has changed about the hotel. I went to check in desk at the hotel and they told me my reservation is thru timeshare and I need to go to 2nd floor to check in. I thought it was weird but ok. I went upstairs and it was one of the hotel room renovated as a check in desk. The people there were friendly but told me I wouldn't get any room serviced since I'm only staying 4night/5days because they only do room service only after 4th night. No big deal but I wish I known about this before I book the hotel room. For what I paid, I would've stayed at hilton or sheraton instead.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Great place for kids and family"
Had two Junior Suites for 4 nights for family of 6. Both suites have full kitchens and full of pots/pans that we used to prepare breakfasts and dinner. Perfect for kids and family. However this is a older condo style build so it has number of wear and tear. In addition, because its location, it is pretty noisy outside all the time. The hotel staff is located in room 212 and they are super friendly and offer a lot of recommendations on where to go. There is a beautiful public lagoon and beach just right outside the property. The Ala Moana Mall is also in walking distance, takes about 15 minutes. I highly recommend this place for family with kids but if it is a romantic getaway then stay away from this place.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Bu11dog
"good hotel, great location"
We had a good room, getting an upgrade after 1 night to accomodate a request for a larger room. The larger room was still a bit small for 4 people. The kitchenette was fine. The bathroom had no built-in fan and the hotel floor had no ice. We had to make our own from bottled water, as the tap water has a funny taste (probably true throughout Waikiki). Overall, a good basic room, which is a timeshare the owners rent out. Good price, great location; walking distance to the ocean and to good/great restaurants and shopping.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Arnold
"pretty basic"
hotel needs up dating. not worth the price paid. I have been to Hawaii many times-- this is not my favorite hotel..\I used to like it.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
T
"A Happy Customer"
The hotel is at great location and hotel staff Rollie was helpful and very friendly. The kitchen was clean. It was pleasant 4 days stay for my family. Thank you. I will tell my friends about this place and will choose to come back for next trip.
3 night family trip Dec 15, 2014
"Large room with kitchen"
Very nice large room with full size refrigerator and stove, fairly well equipped with dishes and utensils, dish soap and towels. Comfortable bed and sofa. Big TV, nice patio. This is a limited housekeeping room but that was okay for us. Staff were available from 7 AM to 11 PM if we needed towels, shampoo, etc. I would have liked to have a broom in the room due to sand from the beach though. The nearby beach is rather calm so we usually walked down a half mile or so to enjoy bigger waves to play in. We also like swimming where there is a lifeguard but it was an easy walk. Also an easy walk to the mall and parks. Bus stop right in front of hotel. Nice amenities in the hotel. We did not need the fitness center, but it was available. Cinnamon's was a nice restaurant with good food, fairly reasonably priced especially for Honolulu. Several shops including a convenience store. And of course there is an ABC store nearby as well as other restaurants from fast food to much more formal. Army museum is nearby and many attractions within walking distance.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
BKay
"Clean and comfortable great location"
Very nice hotel. Friendly staff. Located on the beach close to all attractions.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
"Wonderful trip!"
We enjoyed our stay very much.The hotel is not in the heart of Waikiki, but it's convenient to get around using the trolley or public transport.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Ivy
"Great location!"
All trolleys, bus lines and day tours stop at Ilikai, so great location. Furniture a bit outdated but close to everything. Concierge and staff at Shell Vacatiions within Ilikai awesome! Only disappointed at the angle our room faced; there were no upgrade options available for our stay.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
Two girlfriends
"a good choice of you want to stay in Waikiki"
Convenient location, friendly staff, near the beach and a self parking area of you want to save money on parking
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Decent hotel for a family"
Positives: We liked the location; close to a beach, busses and Ala Moana Mall but away from the hustle and bustle of Kalakaua. The room was comfortable for our family. We had a king bed and sleep sofa for 2 adults and 2 teens and we did not feel crowded. I read reviews that the rooms were outdated and ours was not; however, I did see a room across and down the hallway that was definitely dated, but the room directly across the hall was totally being updated and looked very modern and REALLY nice (marble floors, gorgeous tile and stainless steel appliances)! But our room was decent and the kitchen was a plus along with reliable free internet. The staff was polite and always available, but only if you dealt with the 2nd floor staff. We rented a car and they made the arrangements for us-parking is expensive at the hotel, but you can park at the marina for 10 hours for $6. I would stay again for the decent price. Also, we were approached to do a "time share" demonstration, but wasn't high pressure. Negative: OUR BED SUCKED! My ribs still ache from the hard mattress. Secondly, I did not like that our room was only cleaned once during our week stay-we were treated like tenants, not hotel guests. In order to get towels and shampoo, ect., we had to go to the 2nd floor where we checked in to get supplies. We did call once and they were delivered and another visit the staff had them delivered, but what a hassle. All other hotel staff were SNOTTY! The pool boy should be fire!
Other trip Dec 6, 2014