All hotels in Detroit, Michigan, United States of America
2901 Grand River Ave, Detroit, MI, 48201, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Visiting from Saudi"
It was overpriced for an old not modern hotel
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Thanks for staying with us!
2 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
"Grimy"
The room did not feel clean there were stains everywhere we requested a different room and it wanst any better i refused to use the shower
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
We’ve forwarded your comments to hotel management and hope we have a chance to get it right next time, Gina.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Gina
"Beautiful hotel and casino"
Place was great. Loved the bed and bathroom was beautiful staff was super friendly. My only complaint is that I didn't get to stay longer.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Guess that means you gotta come back again, Julie!
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
"Greatly appreciated the stay"
The food was great
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
We appreciate you, Courtney!
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Courtney
"Great getaway"
We went away for our anniversary and decided to return to Motorcity. We aren't big gamblers but truly enjoy the rooms, bars, and entertainment at this venue.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Happy Anniversary, Jennifer! Glad we got to spend it together.
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
jennifer
"Would stay again."
Carpets in the hallways are stained. Bathroom floor needed mopped. Nice room.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Glad you liked the room, Paul. We’ve forwarded all of your comments to hotel management and we look forward to seeing you again.
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2015
"Roll me away"
Everything was great just didn't appreciate having to pay an additional $40. For a rollaway bed. When we ended up not using it was told once it gets delivered to ur room there is no refund.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Thanks for the five stars, Marlene!
1 night trip with friends Jun 11, 2015
MARLENE
"Motor city drain issue"
The room was large and had a wonderful view. The people were either VERY friendly and helpful or very "meh". My main criticism of the room was that the drain in the bathroom sink was so filthy that I don't think anyone had EVER cleaned it. When I stopped the water in the sink to wash my face chunks of black mildew would float around the basin and it never went away no matter how many times I rinsed the drain. YUCK.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Yuck indeed! We’ve forwarded your comments to hotel management and hope you’ll come back to spend the night again soon. Thanks, Donna!
3 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
"Cubs trip"
Came to Detroit for Cubs game. Got turned around w/ the self parking and where to enter. I then ran into a female black hotel associate. She was on her way out to leave work but showed us where to enter and nearest restrooms. I didnt get her name but she was friendly and we laughed and smiled. Thanks. Hotel room was nice and clean. Casino was nice and clean. Even won a few $ on slots. I was impressed. It was my first stay there and I would go back. Hotel was safe and was not to far from Comerica Park. Only stayed one night and saw Cubs win 12-3!
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Sounds like an all-around winning visit! Can’t wait to see you again, Robert.
1 night trip with friends Jun 10, 2015
"nice but expensive"
Was a very nice stay. Loved the free valet parking. Only complaint was the in room mini bar. $4 a can of pop! For the price of the room some of it should be complimentary. If you do pick something up out of the fridge, they have sensors under them and they try to charge you for it
Thanks for the review!
1 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2015
"Perfect Romantic Getaway Location"
Very beautiful room with all the comforts I expected from such a historic and beautiful hotel. The staff were very friendly and accommodating to any request I had during our stay. Would highly recommend to stay here if you are visiting Detroit.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Jared, you’re such a romantic. We love it!
2 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
Jared
"Wonderful"
It was excellent! We have stayed at motor city before and it's always a pleasant experience.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Thanks for the pleasantries, Nicole!
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Nicole
"10th Wedding Anniversary Trip"
MotorCity was definitely a highlight of our trip. The property was beautiful, staff awesome, room wonderful! The best part was that we were attending a Detroit Tigers game the next day and we were able to leave our vehicle and all of our luggage at the hotel AND they shuttled us to the game!!! We will definitely stay again!!
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Can't wait for your return!
Other trip May 30, 2015
"complimentary upgrade"
It was an amazing spur of the moment getaway,without complimentary upgrade. The best room thus far!!!!
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Sounds like you had a great getaway!
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
Everything was wonderful.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Thanks, Brenda. This is wonderful!
2 night family trip May 20, 2015
BRENDA
"Needs repair"
Two lights didnt work and bottom of bathroom door falling apart from water damage. But had a great time. Need more security outside. Was asked for money a couple of times.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Glad you had a great time, Richard! We’ve forwarded your feedback on the repair issues to our maintenance team. Hope to see you again soon!
Other trip May 27, 2015
"Security was RUDE"
All security were extremely RUDE...because of that I wouldn't go back ...the rest of the people and hotel itself was nice.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
We’d hate to lose you! We’ve forwarded your comments to our Director of Security for review.
Other trip May 23, 2015
"maintenance issues"
The hot water in the hot tub would not turn on
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Well that’s no fun, Tiffany. We hope we were able to fix that for you! Thanks for the review.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Tiffany
The valet, was fantastic, the room was clean and ready on time. The mini bar was reasonable. The bed was soft. A great night!
Sounds great!
Other trip May 20, 2015
"Nasty Sheets"
After checking in I went to an event in Detroit and once I returned to my room for the evening the sheets on my bed were nasty,,,they came and change the sheets but I request a refund,,,,they had something on them and I took pictures and was told the only thing they can do is change the sheets. I paid too much for the room and I should get something for my discomfort.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Bettie, We’re sorry for the inconvenience! We’ve forwarded your comments to Hotel management so they can review their housekeeping checklists. We hope we’ll see you again soon.
1 night business trip May 17, 2015
Bettie
"Nice night"
We were a couple looking for a nice hotel coming from the Detroit airport. The room was looked pretty great although some of the furniture was damaged. Overall fun place for a couple.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
You found the right place, Tiffany! Glad you enjoyed the night. We appreciate the tip on the furniture.
1 night romance trip May 14, 2015
Tiffany
Excellent place to stay in Detroit. Expedia made me add words. Sorry.
Excellent! Glad you did.
Other trip May 19, 2015
We were only for any overnight after watching a concert, but we had a great time. Staff at the front desk was wonderful, room was very nice, it was a little hard to get to the actual hotel because we took a limo down (special occasion) and it did not fit up the ramp - but we only had one small bag so the walk was not bad. casino was ok - but we did not really gamble. All in all it was a very pleasant suprise!
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Look at you, B, rollin’ up VIP-style! We hope we’ve intrigued you enough to return soon. Let’s valet the limo next time!
Other trip May 18, 2015
B
"great stay"
This was a great place to unwind and relax. The room was wonderful.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Music to our ears, Vincent!
2 night business trip May 10, 2015
Vincent
it's a nice place to enjoy and relax also there are a lot of fun activity in the hotel
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Can’t beat the combination of fun and relaxation!
Other trip May 17, 2015
"The best birthday ever!"
The service was outstanding I love the workers & management it felt like it was with family from the time I checked in till the time valet pulled my car to the doors to go home. I will be back!
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
We are family! Glad we were able to celebrate together.
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
"Relaxing Birthday"
I am looking forward to staying again. It was everything I thought it would be.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Happy belated birthday, Phoenix!
Other trip May 16, 2015
Phoenix
"Great!"
Hotel was very nice and comfortable for downtown Detroit. Would stay again. Little pricey but worth it. Saw Johnny Lang and that was awesome! Everything in one place bonus. Casino is not smoke free but just about everyplace else is that's nice.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Sounds like the perfect stay!
Other trip May 16, 2015
"Not the worst...not the best"
The room we stayed in needed to be updated. Even though it had a jetted tub, flat screen TV and modern sink in the bathroom, I felt like it was updated over five years ago. It was not as luxurious as I had hoped.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
We’re going to keep trying to live up to your high standards!
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
"awesome"
came to see the chippendale's
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Yeah, they were pretty awesome, Marie!
1 night trip with friends May 7, 2015
marie
"Motor city :)"
The staff was over the top friendly; would definitely go back
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
We'll be waiting for you, April :)
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
april
"Great Mother's Day WeekEnd with my Mom"
It was for my Mom on Mother's day weekend. We had a ball and she loved every minute. The food and view at the Iridensence was wonderful.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Sounds like mom's got a great daughter!
3 night family trip May 7, 2015
"Wonder Comfort"
It was great, great service, good food, wonderfully pleasant service people.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Such a wonderful review. Thanks, Jeanne!
1 night romance trip May 4, 2015
jeanne
"PLEASANT"
THE ONLY COMPLAINT I HAVE IS THAT WHILE WALKING THROUGH THE CASINO SOME BARS DRINKS WERE CHEAPER THAN OTHER AREAS. ITS THE SAME BUILDING SAME BUSINESS DRINKS SHOULD BE THE SAME NO MATTER WHERE IN THE CASINO YOU ARE LOCATED. ALSO AT THE BAR WHERE THE BAND WAS PLAYING THE DRINKS WERE WEAKER THAN OTHER AREAS.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Hey, Mark, Just wanted to clarify that the drinks in all the bars throughout the casino are priced the same. When you head to a lounge, such as the VIP lounge or the one up in Iridescence or in the restaurant area, the drinks do vary, as does pricing. When it comes to pours, all bars use the same pouring system, which makes for a consistent product throughout the property. Thanks for the feedback!
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
MARK
This was our second time staying here. Great hotel, staff is wonderful
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
This is great, Ryan! Now c'mon back and let us earn that fifth star.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Ryan
"Do not go outside."
The hotel and casino were fairly good but overall kinda dirty. The walk to Comerica Park is short but down right dangerous. I strongly recommend staying inside and getting taxi's.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
We like to believe we have everything you need right here to make the best of your stay! Thanks for the feedback and we hope to see you again.
2 night trip with friends May 8, 2015
"Was there for concert at Sound Board, very nice!"
Classy, fun, good eats, could use more shopping though!
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Glad you enjoyed the concert, Thom!
Other trip May 11, 2015
Thom
"Great Hotel, Casino smoky haze!"
Always enjoy our stays at the Motorcity Casino Hotel. The only negative is the smoking on the casino floor, it makes our bar hopping less enjoyable. They need better airhandlers. I remember being in Vegas casinos that have smoking and couldn't even tell.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Always enjoy having you, Ronald!
1 night romance trip May 5, 2015
Ronald
"Awesome"
Everything was perfect. We were celebrating a birthday and it was perfect
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Birthdays should be perfect!
1 night trip with friends May 5, 2015
Shelby
"Poor Management is evident!"
This hotel was advertised as a 4.5 star property. If it was a 3 star I would over look holes in the bathroom lampshade and dents in the lampshade in the room, the same with the broken door handle for the bathroom. In any hotel I would expect that the shower to be clean. This shower apparently had not been cleaned as there was a condom on the shower floor. There was only one desk clerk at checkout. When out I asked to talk to a manger, I was told to wait in line. There was an actual line of people waiting to see the manager: 3 people were ahead of me in line. I did not have time to wait because I had to get to work. I left my list of issues with the clerk and asked him to please give to the manager. That was yesterday and I have not heard from the manager. Fancy Robes alone do not make a hotel 4.5 stars!
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Hey, T, We strive to make your stay the best possible, so rest assured, your comments have been forwarded to hotel management.
Other trip May 8, 2015
Maria
"Nice Hotel...very impressed."
Were were only there for 1 night but was really impressed with the hotel. We wished we had more time to check out all the hotel had to offer. We saw a live band played and loved it. The only unfortunate part was the Casino as there was smoking everywhere even though there were separate sections for "no smoking". Not a fan of that.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Thanks for staying with us, Ronet!
Other trip May 8, 2015
Ronet
Extremely warm welcome, service was superb! I reside in Detroit, but when I arrived at the Motor City I instantly felt like I had arrived in Vegas! A true getaway right at home. Best welcoming hospitality! Assembly line Buffet definitely among the best cooked foods! **** 4 stars. .
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
This really is a great review, Avery. Thanks!
1 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Avery
"yes"
great hotel
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Yes! Thanks for the review.
1 night trip with friends Dec 17, 2014
"Good stay but walls very thin"
It was a short stay but an extremely comfortable one. The rooms are large and very accessible. The staff were wonderful and very helpful. The only issues we had was that we were sandwiched between a bachelorette and bachelor party on both sides and they alternated being loud all Saturday night.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Glad you were able to enjoy your stay while being the center of the party! We’re hoping you contacted the front desk and allowed us to help with the noise. Thanks for the review!
Other trip May 4, 2015
Family of 3
"Beautiful rooms!"
Very spacious room for 2 people; bathroom very modern, clean with lots of towels
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Thanks, Tam. This is beautiful!
Other trip May 1, 2015
Tam
"Worn and dirty"
Room was worn and dirty.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
We’ve forwarded your comments to hotel management. Thanks for taking the time to write your review.
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
The room looked amazing, very lavish. The hotel itself was beautiful, the casino was fun, and the staff was helpful.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Perfect! Thanks for the five stars.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Happiness"
I love it I stay at this hotel maybe like three times a year
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Your love = our happiness!
2 night trip Apr 24, 2015
"Weekend Getaway"
The Hotel Staff and Rooms were excellent! Clean, spacious and beautiful! I would definitely stay here again. The only issues I had were that we had cold food at the Diner restaurant and the server was absent most of the time. Also, the casino is a bit out dated.....could have more current slot machines.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
Sounds like a great weekend minus the cold food, and server’s cold shoulder. We’ve passed along your feedback and hope to see you soon!
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Tiffany
"Will never stay here again, thanks to Keith.."
It's our anniversary and we decided to come to the I mean motorcity casino, this hotel has the worst customer service ever. First of all I ask for a room on the higher up floor so that my wife and I could enjoy the view. The only thing they had were the 3rd and 4th floor so we took the 4th floor. We get to our room and it SMELL awful!! So we call down to the front desk and told them the problem, she said she would seen someone up to check it out. We tried to wait but the smell was just to much and was making both of us sick. So we went down to the front desk and was greeted by Keith the manager on duty. He said he would go up and check the room, when he came back he said he did not smell anything and that he was not changing our room. I ask for my money back and would leave Keith said no and our key would be on the counter. I ask Keith to send someone else to the room and see if they could smell anything, so he call for the housekeeping manager and we met him at the room. He didn't even have to walk all the way in the room before he smell what we did. His name was Hunter and he change our room immediately and was very apologetic about the smell. Even one of the security guard smell the room and he notice it as well. Hotel are suppose to be about customer service and Keith had none of that. I work in customer service and I would never treat my customer the way Keith treated my wife and I. We will never go back.
Response by MotorCity Casino Hotel
We apologize that we didn’t get the issue resolved the first time around, Lionel. We’d love to have you and your wife return soon and get you that view you were looking for. Thanks for the review
1 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015