All hotels in Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico
Bahia Cabo san Lucas KM 4.5, Camino Viejo San jose del Cabo, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, 23410, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great pool
  • Bar
    Standard bar
    Food is all right
"Sweet 16"
We had a great stay, We too our daughter and a friend for her 16th birthday. It was clean and the staff was friendly. We made arrangements when we made reservations for dinner to have a birthday cake for our daughter and they made it happen. It was a bit loud with they carts that they use to transport things. Also we booked a King size bed and they just pushed two queens together.
3 night family trip Jan 16, 2016
Food was horrible
4 night trip with friends Jan 20, 2016
Lloyd
"Great place for the $"
Staff warm and friendly. Restaurants pretty good. Pools excellent.
5 night trip with friends Jan 11, 2016
Chad
"Nice Pueblo Decor. Needs to change up menu"
Nice hotel. The restaurant serves the same food every day. Try getting a reservation for the restaurants, or try the ones downtown. Close to the beach, fun bars.
6 night trip Dec 29, 2015
"Great Inclusive"
Riu Santa Fe is a great place for families or groups looking for a relaxing getaway. The hotel is clean and well maintained. The variety of food options mean there is something for everyone. The drinks seem to be watered down a bit, but that likely is to keep the over indulgers from getting too intoxicated. Overall the Riu Santa Fe met all our expectation: good food, decent entertainment, awesome pools, great service, well maintained property.
7 night family trip Dec 21, 2015
"Great stay with great food"
Review enjoyed our stay there but our room was old with old bedding, updating it would make the biggest difference. Food was great for a day to day food, people who hate the food were expecting fine dining and it's not that, the a la carte restaurants were amazing
4 night trip with friends Dec 16, 2015
Veronia
"Great Party Place, AWFUL FOOD"
The food was probably the worst food I have ever had. Granted this is an inexpensive resort and I made up for it with the amount of drinks consumed. If you are a foodie, I do not recommend staying here. Even the "special" restaurants were the same at the main buffet. Overall the pool and swim-up bar was definitely the highlight. This is great place to go if you are looking to party. I do not recommend for couples or families.
5 night trip with friends Dec 10, 2015
"Don't stay here!"
Horrible, never stay here. Rude staff, lousy location,with typical "all inclusive" food and booze.
5 night trip with friends Nov 24, 2015
Kate
"someone let themselves in our room and stole!!!"
We got broken into our room twice once with us inside...the hotel manager was disrespectful and treated us poorly. We took pictures of footprints etc etc. scary situation someone knows how to come into rooms. My other family was at the palace and got a bad bed.
4 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
Luisa
"Gorgeous pools, bed/bedding horrible."
You can't go wrong with all inclusive. Pools were gorgeous and food was great. Staff was super friendly. The only bummer was the bedding. The bed was horrible and the bedding was older and dingy. My son with allergies had a rough time in the room and guessing because of dander in the bedding. If this place had upgraded beds and bedding, it would be the perfect paradise for another family trip!
5 night family trip Nov 8, 2015
Food and drinks are terrible.
3 night trip with friends Nov 6, 2015
"Great Place for the Price!"
You Can't beat the price! The food is okay, the drinks are flowing, the view is incredible!
6 night romance trip Nov 1, 2015
Dean
"Nice all-inclusive resort"
Booked this resort for myself and 3 employees for a business trip, and we were pleasantly surprised. Exceptional price for an all-inclusive in Cabo San Lucas. The food was good, and the rooms, grounds, and pools were all in good condition. I will stay here again, but nest time for a vacation.
Other trip Nov 9, 2015
"Very nice minus a few exceptions"
The entertainment staff was awesome and dining staff was very attentive. We only have ourselves to blame for our room because we did not complain. The room should have been a king size bed but it was two double beds pushed together. Since we were use to sleeping in a full size bed it did not bother us too much in the beginning of the week. Also the air conditioning didn't work well in building 5. We sucked it up the rest of the week and made it thru with that as our only complaint. Italian restaurant was very good highly recommend and to request Edgar as your waiter, he helped us all week! Spa was very good I got a pedicure and my bf got a shoulder and neck massage and he was pleased as well. Also the Broadway show was awesome would def recommend.
Other trip Nov 7, 2015
Julianna
"price was good....."
arrival was nice, however hotel was extremely large and there was constant walking as things are so spread out. pools closed at 6 as we had read previously, but didnt think it would be a big deal, we are young and our feet hurt after 2 days. . ,if you want to relax by the pool, for an all inclusive, the only alcoholic beverage avail is dos equis beer and mixed drinks but hey are small.... thats it, pool bar closes at 6 so you have to walk clear across the property which is FAR for any drink except beer. . i would recommend going to a store and stalking fridge if you want to sit by the pool after 6. The food was really good but we never even were able to reserve food at the steakhouse because it was booked 2 days out. there are lots of nice pools and the hotel its self is nice.
Other trip Nov 7, 2015
"All inclusive on the beach"
Staff works hard to ensure the facility is clean, as well as ensure you are receiving top notch service while eating. Bed in room was a little firm for our liking. Pillows were thin, but staff was most accommodating when we requested more. This is a large facility, so be prepared to do a lot of walking between places to dine. We had a 90 yr old with us, so the walk posed a bit of a challenge for him. Entertainment was okay. Quality of food was fine - similar to a cruise ship. We felt the quality of food would be higher in the restaurants you needed reservations for, but found the La Baja Buffet the best meal in the complex. Check carefully into room selection. We stayed in Bldg #7, which afforded us a great view of the beach, but it is also in the area where all the music and activities are, proving rather noisy during the day. The good part was everything closed down at 6:00 PM, so the nights were very quiet. If you are looking for a quieter room, look towards one of the bldgs surrounding the center pool. Claim a chair early there - they go quickly. We were surprised to not find the normal shampoos, conditioners, lotions, etc in the room. Only soap and the dispenser in the shower. Tub was difficult to climb in and out of and ours was very slippery. All in all a nice place for the price.
Other trip Nov 6, 2015
"Could have been better."
Front desk help poor. I left the key and towel card in my room for check out. Staff made me go to the room and get it with their extra key. I tried to get them to help me because my bus was leaving for the airport. They would not. I was told that their time is not my time. I will not be visiting again. The veiw was nice as well as the food. But I can find that in the states where I will spend my money next time.
Other trip Nov 5, 2015
"bad hotel"
mattress was bad, toilet flush broke, safe didnt work,flys allover the hotel including where the food is.
Other trip Nov 2, 2015
joe
"Riu Santa Fe"
I stayed at the Riu Santa Fe for seven nights in one of their garden view rooms. From the time the greeter offered me a margarita the moment I got off of the shuttle, feeling a little overwhelmed, to the moment my foot last touched the property as I climbed into the airport shuttle, the resort’s staff was friendly, smiling, proficient in English and Spanish, and helpful. They always had a “Hola” available whenever you walked by and when they didn’t have something immediately on hand, they got it for you. While I was waiting for my shuttle to the airport, I approached the greeter near the margarita mini bar for some water. She told me, “It’s at the front desk.” I turned back around to do something else and when I turned around again, I saw that the girl was carrying a case of water back to the mini bar. She removed one from the case and gave it to me. The maids also had good attitudes. Some revelers had a little too much fun one night, and as I was walking down to breakfast one morning, I saw a lot of sand and flower petals spread across one of the landings of my building’s staircase. I would have been irritated if I had to clean it up, but the maids’ attitudes were not affected by the nonsense. The resort employs a lot of staff, including the room maids, restaurant maids, receptionists, groundskeepers, bartenders, entertainment staff, professional dancers, restaurant servers, cooks, “fun” staff (people who go around and generate fun!), and massage therapists.
Other trip Nov 2, 2015
Jess
"Security and noise made for a disappointed stay"
We had a drunk guest actually enter our room when his key worked on our room deadbolt. No extra lock from the inside of the or safety chain. The concrete walls and tile floors throughout the hallways and rooms made for terrible acoustics and lots of loud conversions after the bars closed at 2am. During the daytime the place was very nice, the service was great and the food plentiful though not 4star quality.
Bear
"A Must Go!!"
Checked in on Sunday, checked out on Friday and we had an amazing time. The hotel was very clean and staff was very pleasant. The drinks were flowing and so was the food. They have about 6 pools and three of them have swim up bars. You won't regret it, the resort and view are breathtaking.
JDelRosio
"Perfect for drinkers"
Friendly staff, clean rooms with a healthy supply of alcohal kept full. AC in room not very cool at all. Was climate controlled for budget for sure. There was a 24 hr bar. Although it is $15 cab frim downtown if u bring a group to drink, this is the spot. Food I would give a D. I have stayed at nearby all-inclusive resort Villa Del Palmar and the food is multiple times better. By day 2 i literally was only having breakfast at the Riu. Sad but true.
from Indiana
"We will not be coming back"
Apart from the friendly staff, I recommend choosing a different resort for your vacation. Five of eight of us got food poisoning, which I will not describe in detail but I will say that it resulted in our spending two days in bed (and in the bathroom). To make matters worse, the beds were horribly worn out and covered in a material (a protective plastic sheet of sorts) that made a horrible noise every time you moved. The floors were dirty, the bathrooms were cracked and the amenities were grossly lacking. The design of the hallways caused the smallest noise to be amplified to the level of waking us up. The food was usually left out in the open with birds pecking at bread and flies landing at will. This was especially the case at the beach restaurant. I was surprised given the reviews on Expedia were so positive. I will not be going back.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
Stay was great. Friendly staff. Great pool. Great food. 5 min cab ride to downtown.
4 night romance trip Oct 15, 2015
Jonathan
"Not Impressed"
Just stayed at the RIU Santa Fe for 4 nights and 5 days. I'll start with the pros. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. It was close enough to downtown and Medano Beach ($14 taxi). The hotel itself was beautiful and very clean. Amazing pools and views of the ocean. The Mexican "restaurant" was the best we tried. We stayed in building 7, by the ocean and party pool. We thought it was sooo far from the main stuff, but because it was, that building had its own 24 hour concierge and breakfast/lunch buffets. Nice! Cons: The hotel advertised free wifi. That's a load of BS. There is wifi that barely works when you're in the lobby. A bunch of people were always crammed around there trying to get service. The food was next to awful. Best thing was the guacamole and chips, which was cool to bring out by the pool. Also- breakfast at the buffet was pretty decent. Now- the drinks were worse than the food. The beer tastes like the lines hadn't been cleaned in months and they only served Dos Equis. The mixed drinks were meh and made you feel more sick than a nice vacation buzz. Best we had were the "Tropical Pick Me Ups." They had no idea what a blanket was- and the bed was uncomfortable. My tv remote didn't have a battery in it for the first 3 nights. Our second night, the weirdest thing happened. Passed out in bed, someone bangs on the door. Before we can handle getting up, they LET themselves in! Claimed the toilet was leaking, but we saw now signs of a leak...odd!!!
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
lindsey
"Nice location on the beach and close to Cabo"
Nice stay, relax and fun for the little kids. The only remark is for the alcohol smell.. I'm pregnant and it happen that was disgusting to me.
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
Silvia
"Hotel is huge! Great for younger couples."
This is only review you need! First. Room: Bed is very uncomfortable. But hey, you're on vacation and spend about 7 hrs on it a day, suck it up. But ur back will hurt for sure. Otherwise bathroom is nice room is nice mini bar is nice. Try to stay in the 700'S as those rooms are closer to the infinity pools. That's where most of the action is during the day. You will be walking a lot as everything is far apart from each other and it's a huge resort. If you like to swim on the beach, well, cabo isn't for you. Water is too rough nobody really swam in the water. This resort is right on beach, just about 15 stairs down, and 30 meters from the water. To do activities and water sports, because the water is too rough, you need to either take a taxi to the marina or make the walk down the beach which sucks because of how hot it gets. Walk takes 10 minutes speed walking. It sucks. Entertainment was not that great during day and night. The staff works hard but they just don't have the experience and training. Some are funny at times, but don't expect too much. Food. Great the first day, after a day gets old. I recommend reserve every night at a different restaurant because the buffet gets old. If you're a coffee drinker, that sucks for you because coffee there is horrible. Over all, if u are going with friends, to have a good time, you will have a good time. If you go as a couple. You will get bored. Trust me. Go somewhere that you can enjoy the beach too.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
read this!
"Nice all inclusive resort"
We had a very nice stay here. The staff was friendly and willing to accommodate. The room was comfortable and serviced every day. The scenery was awesome. The beach access was limited by a steep hill and ocean access was none due to waves/undertow. Campus was clean. Rooms were stocked daily with bottled water. My husband and I went on a sunset sail boat cruise that was absolutely worth the money!
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
Cyndi
"Ok if you are into all inclusive and drink a lot."
Stayed here for the first time. Room was ok, terrible beds, the shower was not something I would recommend to anyone over 50 as it's too cumbersome and dangerous to get in and out. The food was ok during breakfast but terrible afterwards. Not a place I would go back to but seems to work for others.
Other trip Oct 18, 2015
LA
The hotel and facility are great. Everyone tries hard to take care of you. My only complaint is that there was a musty smell to our room and transfered to all our cloths. The place is very lovely and there were not many kids.
Other trip Oct 18, 2015
MAC
"My RIU Santa Fe Cabo Experience, grab some coffee."
Well, for starters, I got charged an day each room to change the reservation from Oct 8-12 to Oct 9-12, then they downgraded us to a garden view from an ocean view. Additionally both our rooms were leaking rain , probably from the last past Hurricane damage. Then I got severe food poisoning, I know it was from there because I didn't eat anywhere else. It was the main buffet area that always stays open, except to change from breakfast to lunch and close sat 10pm.I am a pilot and only got sick once before in 1985 in Mexico City. I think it was either the fruit or meats and cheese cold cuts . Some of the latter had flies on them. Addirionally it took three separate calls to maintenance to fix the air conditioner, first time a fuse was blown, then it still wasn't blowing cold at all,a clogged filter, then it was stuck on low, finally changed rooms when the ceiling leak progressed to over the bed. My copilot , next door said his ceiling was also leaking, just not over the bed and he opted to use the towel catching method.I heard other guests had also experienced the same leak problems. And that concludes my first experience at the RIU Santa Fe, Cabo Mexico.
3 night business trip Oct 9, 2015
"Rude and non-accommodated staff"
The front desk staff not accommodating and very rude! Requested ocean view and king bed, received a room that was 2 twins pushed together & made separately, view that overlooked sand & vacant unkept property..but if you stood on the very far balcony and leaned over rail you could see a partial view of ocean. The room smelled of must and mildew. Would not switch me to a new room until next day. No apology or discount. Moved to a room with a gorgeous view however still same bed situation; however this room was taken over with tiny bugs that took over my medication bottle and counter in the bathroom. You needed to make reservations for dinner at least 2 days prior or you couldn't eat dinner except for buffet. I can't rate restaurants on their food because we couldn't eat at any. They would not allow men to dine with anything but a shirt with sleeves even at the buffet, even though the literature indicated only the nicer restaurants required sleeves. The only buffet that was good was breakfast. Upon checkout we had to take our own bags all the way to checkout. We were the furthest building away. We also were told that we couldn't even use the cart. I can rate the massage I received on the beach as excellent. We will tell everyone that asks and those that ask where to stay, NOT TO STAY AT THE RIU SANTA FE IN CABO. We will be staying future visits at the Marina Fiesta. Now to tell you about the expedia representative at the resort, he was way less than helpful also rude.
Other trip Oct 16, 2015
Sue
"Fun Hotel"
We have been to Cabo 8 times. This was our first All-Inclusive. After reading other reviews I went with the mindset that that the Santa Fe was just going to be "Okay". Well.....we thought it was great! Beautiful pools, a super fun pool, nice rooms, great food, great evening entertainment and nice staff. The restaurant choices were amazing! We made reservations for the Asian, Steakhouse and Italian. All three were outstanding! The main buffet had more choices than anyone needs both for breakfast and dinner. My husband chose to use the in room safe and that worked great for him. I chose to leave my $$ and passport in my bag and that worked for me. The rooms were roomy and clean. Firm mattress which I prefer. Big towels, but the one drawback for me was that they needed fabric softener. This hotel actually had more than 5 hangers in the closet! We both were able to utilize the closet space. And we each had drawer space. The room bar was stocked with plenty of adult beverages, soda and waters. Make sure to actually read the calendar for evening activities. We missed out on the first night. The hotel has a great stage area in what I named the Town Center. The center comes alive at night with shows and live music and just fun! The staff were very pleasant and helpful with any questions that we had. And most importantly for me......We were NOT hounded by any timeshare people!!
Other trip Oct 16, 2015
Francesca
""Middle of the road" in quality!"
We booked this trip about 8 months ahead for my 30th birthday and invited 4 other couples with us. The resort was just as pictured, pools clean and beautiful. Check in was a breeze and Reyna helped move our rooms closer together in building 7, which apparently is a upgrade. The food was super nasty! Super disappointed by this as I was hoping to eat while I vacationed. The buffet looked like they reheated it day after day. The restaurants were somewhat of a joke- they hurry you along and serve warm wine. I made reservations the first night we got here and barely got us in. No availability at steakhouse. We enjoyed the Italian the most. Food availability after hours is ridiculous! They serve refrigerated sandwiches, nachos and hot dogs in the sports bar 24/7 which is a pretty long walk from the building. The drinks were super disappointing! Served in kid-sized cups, they were bland and served w/ cheap mixers and "liquors". The rooms could use a serious updating in the mattress dept, and no wifi! They should really consider switching to room cards and not the old keys that are super finicky. Bottom line- the longer we stayed the more I realized just how nasty the food and beverages were. I got violently ill last night after I ate my first real meal and that sealed the deal. My favorite part was the night club- made it super easy to "have a night out" without leaving the resort. Next time I will pay the extra money for better food and drinks, but it won't be at the Riu.
Other trip Oct 13, 2015
Megmac
"Some of the worst food I have ever had"
Rooms are ok. The place is what it is meant to be. Inexpensive party hotel. We went there for a bachelor party so it sounded like a good idea to have a place that caters to a bunch of people that just want to have drinks and have fun but it comes with a price. Unfortunately the food was so bad that we ended up going to town most of the time. The rooms are fine. Service decent.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
holnder
"Very fun location."
I went with a group of mid-20 to mid-30 guys for a friend's bachelor party and had a blast. The hotel is a fun party spot. Close to the beach. Beautiful pool. Great party scene. Great fun young crowd. One complaint: the only request we had, was to put all of our rooms close to each other (we had several rooms in our party), but the hotel was not accommodating and said if we want to be close to each other we had to pay an extra $40 per night, per room.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"Great location! A quick cab ride to everything"
Loved the hotel but it seemed like they had flies everywhere, even where the food was served. The buffets were ok and they could have done better with the options in the 24 hour snack bar. I didn't like that you had to make a reservation 1-2 days in advance to have dinner. The pools were all great and the themed nights were pretty cool.
Other trip Oct 10, 2015
"Pictures are too nice for this place, stay away!!!"
The hotel overall could've been alright as far as the facilities go. However the food is disgusting. I'm a food lover and usually always hungry. It is "I rather stay hungry than eat that gross food"disgusting. We had to sneak in to Riu Palace for a slightly better food .. The pools are ALL warm because they don't circulate the water enough. You can't swim in the ocean so we couldn't cool down for one bit. The drinks are watered down, sugary liquids that got us sick actually. Both me an my friend were in pain for couple nights. I bought a similar deal for Cancun couple years back and it was nothing near what we had over there. Just not worth a visit.
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
"Worst Cabo Hotel Experience, EVER!"
Horrible hotel experience. We paid for oceanview and even when we complained, I was still only able to see throught a corner of the balcony if i crouched down. Leaks in our rooms 7146 and non functioning tv (because of leaks),7147 non working fridge and no phone provided and 7152 in building 7.All we were given were extra towels.
4 night trip with friends Oct 1, 2015
Maria
"Nice pool ! Food was not very good or even fresh"
Went there as a 30 person wedding party and 20 of us ended up getting violently ill from something we either ate or drank at the resort! Would not recommend this place to anyone especially for the price !
Other trip Oct 6, 2015
"Great view...ok everything else"
The hotel was beautiful and the view was breathtaking-by far the best in Cabo. Everything else about the hotel was some what disappointing. The food was ok, bordering on the line of gross a few times, even at the nice restaurants the food was lack luster and service was a 50/50 shot at being good. My fiancé would go back because of the view, I'm ready to look for other options
Other trip Oct 6, 2015
Food was horrible staff was rude the pool towel situation is a joke there was water on the floor of my room everyday for no reason
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
"Ok resort , not so inclusive ."
1 Week out reservations to restruants . 2 Buffet food bland and waterd down . 3 Waiters mad if you do not tip . 4 Overal ok but not great . 5 Great alcohol program all you can drink. 6 Scamers alert at airport upon exit .
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
AL
"Worst stay in cabo."
Terrible!!!!!!!
4 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
Joel
"I wouldn't stay there again... Read my review...."
So, both of my parents were killed, and my sister and I just needed a getaway. So we purchase two rooms, and arrive around 11:30 at night, completely exhausted, and we're met with a happy, warm smile, and the check-in goes pleasant. We walk to our rooms, and notice the campus is clean. We both have an excellent impression at this point. We use our old metal keys to open the doors, and then we are hit with a musty odor. I lay down, and this bed is the most uncomfortable bed, and the flattest pillows I've honestly every laid on. We're hungry, so we look for a room-service menu, which doesn't exist. My sister goes to the "sports bar" to grab a bite before she lays back down on the brick bed and the food is stale, and disgusting. She eats, and goes to her room. The next morning we wake up, the beach is amazing, but there are people out there non-stop trying to sell you stuff in front of the hotel's roped-off area yelling "You want a water taxi, jet skis" to everyone, so it's hard to relax. The beach was clear, and the staff was friendly though. Later, we attempt to book one of the 5 restaurants, we're told sorry, they're all booked for the next four days. It's not even very busy here we say. The following day we came back asking if anyone canceled they say yes we have an opening for tomorrow. We show up the next day and the restaurant is closed. That's why there was an opening. Why I'm not going back: No Wifi, Room odor, Bothering you on the beach, uncomfortable beds, food.
Klint
"It's a ok hotel"
Food definitely could be better if there wasn't so many flies..!! You have to tell them when to come clean your room. Overall I rate Santa fe a 3.2
Porsha
"Avoid at all costs"
Ants and cockroaches in the room. Staff stole from our room. Management rude and unhelpful. Food poor quality. Lots of low class people at the resort (loud drunk people smoking everywhere you go)
"Not pleased"
The food is awful, no flavor. The pools feel like bathtubs. Majority of staff is not very helpful. It's on the beach but you can't get in the water. A lot of items are broken It was very disappointing and the majority of the group couldn't wait to get home
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
"great vacation"
He had a great time really enjoy our time.
4 night family trip Sep 23, 2015
Marco
"Nice view"
The staff was nice, but the room was not as comfortable as we expected. The air conditioning was insufficient and in September when its hot and humid, a cool room would have been nice. Also, the liquor dispensers are so difficult to use as you have to reach over the bar and manipulate the dispenser which is hard. My husband had to make my drinks for me and while he was making one, the dispenser broke completely and the entire bottle crashed down. The steak restaurant was beyond disgusting.
Other trip Sep 29, 2015