All hotels in Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico
Bahia Cabo san Lucas KM 4.5, Camino Viejo San jose del Cabo, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, 23410, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"good for this price"
Before arriving we were expected average quality,so we were surprised that this hotel is very nice!The cons -room small,dark,(we lived in build 5, opposite SPA) bathroom without gel,conditioner,lotion(we always use own,but if you expect for their bath stuff, you'll be disappointed).It is ok for this price.We liked breakfast and dinner, lunch was so-so.Water was warm and the waves were not high.Just 6 beach umbrellas. We don't like pools especially after we saw HOW workes clean pools in the morning and how much cleanser was poured directly into the pool). I'm always surprised by ppl who sit in the pool when sea is so close, but beach was almost empty.We took Camel Safary in Wild Canyon(3-6-30pm, $80),it was amazing, but try to choose a cloudy day); Zip Line and water taxi with snorkling on Pilicans' Beach (don't do it if u see a cruise ship near Lovers' Beach because too many ppl).Taxi to Downtown is$14 one way and 6min to drive. You can ask reseptionist to call collectivo (school bus) and for $1 getting to Downtown,it is pretty safe but longer (25minutes).We visited 4 night clubs, and Mandala was the best,but we expected better music.Alcoholic drinks are bad,more or less good coffee you can find in sport bar. We guess that Rio occupies the best location in this area, it is not so noisy as near Baja; great beach.Please put more umbrellas on the beach and we will be back :) We love Cabo and Rio,although we mistakenly believed that it is possible to visit only Carribean Mexico
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
nicole
"Not what I expected."
Other than the destination and the landscaping of this hotel, I was disappointed upon my arrival. I would not step foot in the beautiful pool after I saw how many drunk, college kids were in there. I was expecting to relax and it was anything but. If you're young, in your 20's then this is the place for you. If you want peace, you won't find it here. Honestly, the beds were the worst part. I returned exhausted because of the lack of sleep on the slab they call a bed. I would not recommend this hotel. Not worth the "All-Inclusive" price. Oh, and the internet sucks as well unless you're in the lobby.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
pintsize67
"Mid-April 2015 stay."
Hard working employees make your stay beyond welcoming. Hotel overall is great for all purposes.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
NV
"Mixed Feelings"
We stayed at the Riu Santa Fe a few years ago and liked it, so thought we'd go again for a last minute relaxing get-away. Food: Very good. Can't judge the dry chicken and chewy beef too harshly on a buffet. The bass fish (pescado) was always moist and delicious. Fresh egg white omelet every morning. Fruit and veggies fresh and plentiful. Drink: The sauvignon blanc was horrid, and was the only white wine available. The room and bar liquor was equally bad, but the weak drinks made it palatable. Could find Bacardi rum at best sometimes at the bars, but only got when requested. Loved the Miami Vice blended drinks, though. Cleaning staff, wait staff, bar staff: Very friendly and fun-loving. Great service and clean rooms. Front desk staff: Not as friendly and not helpful. We had very loud noise every night from different partiers (it was not spring break week). After the 3rd night we told the front desk. We were only told to call security. We had 5 more nights and no offer of a new room. Also, when we checked in, we asked for a late checkout. They said to ask the morning of the last day. That left no time for planning our day, so we asked the night before. They said no late checkouts. Period. Never heard of that anywhere. We had 3-1/2 hours to wait, and only asked for 1-2 hours. Could pay $63 per person for a late checkout. Or could use courtesy room, restaurants and bars with a voucher, and check our bags. This worked out okay, but no hairdryer or outlets in courtesy room.
Loey
"Great Stay!"
Great place to go for single adults who want to enjoy the night life and pool....Sauna and steam room were not working but other than great stay!
5 night trip Apr 15, 2015
Great hotel and location. Only complaint is food and entertainment. Food is not bad just nothing to brag about.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Awesome staff and a very clean resort! This is my second time at this resort and would go back again!
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
We truly enjoyed the visit! The staff was fantastic and bent over backwards for us. The hotel had great amenities, the pools were great and loved the swim up bars!!
nikki
"Awesome vacation!!"
We came here for our 30th wedding anniversary and were not disappointed! Everybody is friendly and the food was really good. The staff do an awesome job of catering to every need. Tips are included but definitely need to tip over and beyond. They deserve it. Will definitely come back here again!
Judy
"All-Inclusive First Timers"
We joined a group of friends here for a surprise birthday get-together. We booked an ocean view room and could see the marina area. We also requested a king bed and got two doubles so my husband and I slept in separate beds. The staff were friendly and helpful. The grounds are well kept. The nightly shows were very entertaining. The cocktails were well-made and good quality - fresh fruit, no headaches from "cheap" alcohol. The pools were beautiful and clean. We were not impressed with the food...many of the items were bland, especially desserts. Daily breakfast and lunch options didn't offer very much variety...same foods wherever we went. Restaurants with variety needed reservations ahead of time. The guacamole was the highlight for our group! Overall, for our first All-Inclusive experience, it was a good one.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Close to beach. 4 pools."
I did enjoy my stay at the Riu Santa Fe. Beautiful decor in lobby. Rooms were standard but clean. Wasn't overly crowded the time I went.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Definitely worth the price!!"
We went the first week in April, so we just missed the college spring break crowd luckily. The rooms were comfortable, the food was decent. It was crowded but not overly crowded so you could always get chairs at the pools. If you wanted prime seating at the pool, you need to get up by 6am to go reserve. Nobody messed with your stuff even if you didn't show up to pool till a little later in the day. Having the two separate pools was nice so you could either have a party day or a more relaxed day. The nightly entertainment was good most nights. Some nights were pretty bad, but not a big deal. There was plenty of fun stuff to do. Great for adults and teenagers. All in all, it was definitely worth the money!! Downtown is only a $15 -15 min cab ride away. The only negative thing I would say about the experience is the doors to the rooms were very heavy and loud so you could here the doors from the rooms around you opening and closing throughout the night and the maids started cleaning rooms at 7 am every morning, which is a bit early when your on vacation.
Janice
"Everything as pictutred"
Very beautiful resort. Everything was as promised. The beds were on the firm side.
Bstew
"Room upgrade recommended!"
This RIU has a great beachfront location! I would recommend to upgrade to an oceanview room tho. The resort is big you will likely walk a ton, but being in one of the oceanview rooms will save you some of that walking. Overall staff was very friendly. Food could have been a little better with additional food themes for the buffet style restaurants (making recervations at one of the 4 restaurants kind of helped, but it still seemed as foodcould be a little better). You do have to get your drinks from one of two of the bars if you prefer to be by the beach. That didn't bother me, but could definitely have drink service to guests.
Gera
"Nice Hotel. Close to the beach."
My wife and I enjoyed the Riu Santa Fe. The staff was very nice and helpful. The food is all restaurants was good. I really enjoyed the Steak House. We would love to return. We walked down to the Marina via the beach. It was a nice walk, but it was a workout. It took about an hour to get there. We went down for a second time and took the back roads that was alot easier and took us about 45 minutes. Take a city bus back for 1 U.S dollar it is worth it. The Riu Santa fe is a big resort, but it did'nt seem crowded at all. Building 7 is the place to be. Our stay was from Apr. 7 to the 14th. It was at the end of spring break, but it really didn't notice other than the swin up bar pool by building 7, but they were not rowdy at all.
Ryan
"Resort too large for guests w/physical limitations"
The Resort is spread out over a large area and most of the rooms are not close to the ocean, making it harder for walking impaired patrons. Disappointed that there was no outside hot tub. Difficult to make special requests...took several requests to get rubber mat for tub after slipping and getting hurt, and extra pillows. Our garden level room faced a fence. On the favorable side, most staff were very friendly, food was good, especially at the specialty restaurants.
L
"Awesome!"
This was our first all inclusive experience, so we weren't sure how it all worked. We were greeted in the open air entrance with open arms and margaritas! Hotel staff took our luggage and transported to our rooms. Check in was a breeze and very informative. Really loved the open aired layout of everything! We took advantage of the ocean view pool quite a bit and loved Orlandoo the bartender. The buffet breakfasts and dinners were amazing, but we also booked reservations for steak, mexican and asian cuisine which were great. We booked an awesome tour of Cabo through Grayline that the extremely helpful young woman suggested. What a great day it was...glass bottomed boat, shopping, tequila tasting, tour of the Mission and lunch all included for a really reasonable price. The room was not much more than a basic hotel room but accomodating with nice patio, spacious bathroom and mini bar that was refilled on request. I could go on and on but just want to say we highly reccomend and will definitly go back!
The Whites
"Wonderful!"
Everything was excellent, just could have had more comfortable beds as they were very firm and the walls are thin so you hear everthing in the hallway and next door. It would also have been nice if the pools were heated as it cools down a lot towards evening. The staff and entertainment were all great, they were all so very friendly and there was always something to do. You really don't need to leave the resort as food and drinks were always available at all times. The pools were never really overcrowded as there were always tables, seats and lounge chairs available. This was our first time in cabo and we will definitely come back to this hotel. Just a short 15 minutes walk to town along the beach or 5 minute taxi ride (200 pesos one way).
couple
"Great Hotel with lots to do!!!!"
I would recommend this resort. It was clean and most of the workers were very pleasant and helpful. I noticed some people complained in their review about the food.... you are in Mexico, not United States, the food taste different, but there is such a large variety of food, everyone found things they loved. We were with a large group and no one had any complaints. Loved it when they would come down to the pool area with their grill and cook out! The workers always kept things going, volley ball, pool activities, yoga.... The drinks were good, not premixed! They mix them up fresh every time. The only thing I think they could improve on, is booking the special restaurants! It was hard to get a booking!! But over all this hotel was a great choice!!!
Pam
"Lovely place to stay"
We have nothing but good things to stay. We will come back!!!!
hina
"Great resort! No issues."
We had a great stay. We were down there for a stag and this was the perfect resort for us. The food was good as was the booze. The rooms were nice. The pools were awesome and I thought the staff was very helpful and polite. Seemed like there was something for everyone really. Beach was a amazing but you can't really swim due to the rip tide. Overall I was really impressed not only with the resort but also with Cabo in general. Dunno if I'll go anywhere else in Mexico now.
"Just so so"
No free wifi, 60.00 for 7 days of internet is outrageous....Hotel is nice, I arrived on a Sunday and Monday morning I went to make dinner reservations for the steak house and they were book for the week...I thought this was very disappointing... I ended up eating the buffet dinners the 5 days I was there.. NOT Impressed..
Billy
"Do you even get what you paid for?"
Ok it's a cheap place with free food and liquor. But the booze is bad and the food is ok. But what really the trip end on a very bad note is when our group of 10 was charged 220 pesos for each towel card not turned in on our departure. No where were we told that this would be the case, but the hotel staff said it was on the back of the card in the envelope they gave us. Problem is that 9 of the ten traveling never opened the envelope. 220 pesos per card for a throw-away piece of plastic. And you need to expect to see - and deal with - lots of drunk people at all times of the day and night. My suggestion, spend a few more $$ and stay at a nicer, more reputable, place.
Harley
"Waiting"
Must have $$ for quick drink service otherwise be thirsty! Get your dinner reservations when you arrive or you will get crappie times and don't eat the steak! (Unless you like it marinated in salt) Beds were terribly uncomfortable; like sleeping in an oversized crib!
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
sunshine
"Beautiful, Huge, Clean Hotel. Food mediocre."
My husband and I took a chance on this hotel after reading the reviews about the food, thinking those who commented must be food snobs. We were disappointed. The food, while not terrible, was nothing special. Not one thing I ate made me want to go back for more. And they serve the SAME THING EVERY DAY. No variety. Aside from that, this hotel is beautiful, well maintained, very clean. Staff is beyond pleasant (except for the random few, front desk people, etc.). We were in building 3, which is close to the inner pool. Note that all the pictures you see are of the pool by building 7, which is the building closest to the beach. Unless you are in that building, you will not even feel like you are by the ocean because it's completely invisible from the other buildings. Unfortunately we were also there during the tail end of Spring Break and the young party people were still drinking heavily and being very loud, especially at the beach pool. The rooms are very clean and modern. However, the beds are hard as a rock. I like a firm bed, but it took my body three days to adjust to this bed. Pillows are pancakes. Also, with all the tile everywhere, in the rooms and hallways, when people are being loud out in the hall the noise travels right through the room doors. On the flip side, we didn't note hardly any noise coming from the actual rooms around us, all noise (and plenty of it) came from the hallway.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Erica
"Beautiful resort, very clean and great location"
Our overall experience was great. We went during spring so there were several students which was fine except for at night when they were coming back to their rooms. They were very loud which woke us up several nights
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Nice hotel close to the beach."
Overall the stay and trip were excellent. Resort is located in a terrific location and the facilities were well kept. The only negative was the food. The breakfast was really great, and they make tacos for lunch which were fresh, and good. The dinner was terrible. The have four "exclusive" restaurants that you have to make reservations for, we could only get in to one on the last night of our stay (and at 9pm!!) .. the "steakhouse". The food was a 1/2 on a scale of 5 and was totally not worth it. I would stay here again because it was well priced and a great location. If you choose to stay here, bring American money and go to dinner downtown every night, that's what we will do next time.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Whitney
"Lots of fun!"
We loved our stay at the Riu Santa Fe mostly because of the Entertainment staff. They were awesome. They kept me, my husband and my two boys (8 and 11 years old) busy all day and night. They had activities for everyone to enjoy and if you are not into that they have a pool that is free of activities too. The only downfall is that they have the 2 "queen" size beds butted up together and I spent the week getting kicked in the back by my younger son. The beds were not queen size either. They were smaller which made it very tight for the 4 of us. Food was okay. The views were amazing from the resort too.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Liz
"Great first Cabo experience"
Was recommended by a friend to bring our family here and it did not disappoint. Something for everyone from morning Zumba lessons to afternoon water volleyball games to an evening variety show. We were pleased with the cleanliness of the resort and the variety of dining options. Best part is it is right on the beach and you can swim in the Sea of Cortez. We would go back In a heartbeat.
Trina
"Beautiful resort located on the beach."
Beds are horrible! I have a bruise on my hip because they are so hard. We are a family of 4. We were supposed to have two queens....we had two very small doubles. Very loud.....but we were there over spring break. Buffet was OK. We were there for 8 days and were only able to get into two restauraunts so I was very frustrated with the all inclusive.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"Excellent all inclusive resort"
I loved the experience. Staff super friendly and very hard working. The food was excellent however we only got to go to the buffet because all the restaurants were booked three days in advance and we were only staying 4 days and the night that there was a reservation available we were taking a dinner cruise. The pools were great but if you want to sit in a hot tub you have to go to the spa, and you will need it because the beds are as hard as the floor, also bring your own pillows because theirs suck. The entertainment is great the clubs are small but fun for a night. Will be staying at a Riu the next time I travel to an all inclusive definitely worth the price. Also if you are going to get a massage get it from a vendor at the beach they do an hour in a beach cabana for 30 buck at the spa it is 80.
Cody
"Beyond expectations"
Lived up to all expectations and positive reviews, and beyond.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
Hard to get reservation for dinner on restaurants .. Buffet was good enough though ..
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
Kaye
"Good location, spread out, poor food"
The Riu Santa Fe is on a great location in Cabo; right on the beach and a short cab ride to the marina. We were excited about the all-inclusive package, but have decided we wouldn't go that route again. So many of the restaurants in town and at the marina were amazing! The food at our hotel, however, was often questionable. The larger buffet options were sometimes hard to identify. There was a lot of food, but very little of it was good. The restaurants that require reservations were better, but it was disappointing to stand in line for almost an hour to make our reservations and to find that all seatings were full except for 9pm dinners our entire trip. We tried to eat earlier a few times... the restaurants had possibly 20-30 people in them and empty tables everywhere but would not seat us earlier than our 9pm reservations. The room was clean - but our bed was rock hard and we had three flat pillows. The room walls are definitely not sound proof... take ear plugs. Some of the staff at the Riu were fantastic! So friendly and willing to help. Broken English is spoken by almost everyone and it's fairly easy to communicate. The hotel is definitely more of a party - hotel. The family pool was nice and clean... I heard several guests mention that they wouldn't want to step foot in the pool by the beach, as it was crowded with rowdy guests spilling drinks all over. This was our first trip to Cabo. Will we definitely be back to Cabo, but won't be staying at the Riu again.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"I had to ask for everything at least twice"
My third stay at this hotel and the service has gone down hill. I felt like they did not care about me as a guest at all.
debbie
"amazing hotel"
This was my 4th time staying at this hotel the workers and entertainment staff has always been so wonderful! Out of many resorts oh stayed at in cabo the Riu Sante Fe is and always will be my favorite!
brittany
"RESORT WAS CLEAN-BEAUTIFUL"
HOTEL WAS NICE, CLEAN AND STAFF WAS FRIENDLY. HOTEL WAS IN A NICE LOCATION FROM DOWNTOWN CABO, ABOUT A 30-40 MIN WALK ALONG THE BEACH. THE FOOD WAS PRETTY BLAND AND IT WAS THE SAME EVERYDAY - HOWEVER POOL SIDE BUFFETS VARIED DAY TO DAY. AFTER 2 DAYS, MY FRIENDS AND I ATE OUTSIDE THE HOTEL FOR OUR MEALS.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"Spring Breaker Crash Pad"
If you are a 20-something on spring break and want to party, this is your place. If not, go elsewhere! First, the good things: location and we had a nice,clean room. Other than that, it's a non-stop party pad with the most awful food I've ever had at a hotel. We are not strangers to all inclusive but usually stay at Dreams, which is much better, but was closed due to hurricane damage. Anyway, we arrived the first day (Tuesday) and went to book a reservation for dinner that night. Every restaurant was booked till Friday. Our "concierge" was most unhelpful and just stated that's the way things work there. The buffet was so terrible that we ended up eating most meals out, which cost us more because we had paid for all inclusive. I can't speak to how the restaurants other than buffets are because we could never get in. The campus is enormous and involves endless amounts of walking- usually past drunken groups of foul-mouthed partiers. I would not recommend this for a family or romantic getaway place! Oh, and every seat at the pool is usually taken by 7:30AM. There is simply nowhere to sit- luckily we didn't want to because of the extreme noise and drinking games put on by the hotel.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
It was a very nice stay. I went on Spring Break, and there were definite party areas and chill areas. I think just about anyone can find a nice hangout spot within the resort no matter what they are looking for.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"A little too much party oriented for a family vaca"
Food quality was marginal which is normal at an all inclusive and drinks were weak but if you asked for a double they would accommodate. Rooms were small and not very "luxurious". Ocean view rooms were still quite a ways from the beach and views were over the pools etc to the ocean. Upon arrival we were greeted by naked college men running in the halls and screaming and cursing all night. Not really what I wanted for my 8 and 9 year old children to witness. Things calmed down during the week but you could definitely tell that this resort was highly used by the college party crowd. Would probably look elsewhere for a family vacation.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"You get what you paid for"
Food was terrible, bed sheets were always stained, paid Internet almost never worked, had only one channel in English, the pool area was nice though.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Hotel staff leave a lot to be desired"
Positives are the facility is very nice. Large well lit walks and the pools are nice and clean. Food was mediocre at best but it is an all inclusive and reminds you of cruise ship food. The staff on the other hand were less than stellar. We waited over four hours for the luggage to be delivered to the room. It was not delivered. It ended up sitting unattended in the main lobby. We had a few minor issues with the room that were called into the front desk 3-4 times. No one ever showed to fix the problems. I had to go down to the lobby and address it in person and wait for them to call maintenance for assistance. The concierge at the Mexican restaurant was pretty rude while dealing with our reservation. He basically said that if we do not like it waiting, cancel it and find something else to eat. We had a confirmed reservation and the paperwork, but, it was wrong on his end. Maid service was excellent and the rooms were clean. If you want to book dinner reservations for any of the restaurants, be sure to plan for 9:00 pm. We tried booking as many as 4 days in advance and that was the only time we could get. However, when you show up or walk by earlier in the evening, the restaurants are only 25% full.
Shawn
"Nice resort"
Nice resort. Enjoyed the food and location. At this price it was a good bargain, only catch was it was a good bargain for spring breakers too. Liquor quality was pretty bad. The bed was hard and sheets were rough, which is something I typically don't notice. Next time we will probably pay extra to upgrade to the RIU Palace. Overall it was good, I felt we got what we paid for.
JJ
"Wonderful All-invlusive"
The resort was exactly what we had hoped for, the only things that weren't quite up to par were the sit down restaurants and the wine. The buffets were outstanding, most of which was cooked from scratch each day! Great pool, great gym...overall a great trip, thank you!
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"Nice Hotel with average buffet food"
The staff were excellent, the rooms were nice, the bed was comfortable and there was plenty of booze. The food is the only drawback. It's buffet food. Even the reservation restaurants are buffet food. You can pick and choose and find things that are decent, but don't go for the food. You can catch the bus for $1 into town, or a cab for $14 and get some excellent food for pretty cheap for lunch or dinner, or just pick what you think is decent from the buffet. There is only DosEquis on draft for beer, but boat drinks galore and not horrible tequila. All drinks are served in 8 oz plastic cups, so bring an insulated tumbler from home, and relax at the swim up bars.
Ryan
"Swim up bar"
Location was right on the beach which was nice but was very small. The bigger pool was away from the action.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
I went there for spring break. Great place to stay. Food and drinks were amazing and the staff were very friendly. Great view Of the ocean. Will definitely recommend this!
suzzy
"Great time and affordable."
Great food, room, staff. Internet access terrible.....
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Remember to pack your walking shoes"
Loved the resort. Super nice staff. Resort a little spread out but helped make it not so crowded.
Tammy
"Almost perfect"
The food is in need of change. Everyday is the same thing. It's not great food to begin with so eating the same thing everyday gets old fast. The resort is beautiful and extremely clean. The staff is very nice. You are required to make reservations for dinner and are turned away often because they do not have availability. However the restaurant has several open tables. I'm not sure if this is a staffing issue but it's frustrating to the customers. That policy needs revamped. The pool is wonderful. It was never hard to find space or chairs. The beach is clean and beautiful. We had teenagers and they were often bored after dinner as there was nothing for them to do. All in all its a beautiful resort with accommodating staff. It's clean and inviting. The resort is almost perfect. It's just needs to improve food and entertainment. Regardless it was a great time. And worth the money.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015