All hotels in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights herePlayas De Bavaro, Higuey, Punta Cana, La Altagracia, Dominican Republic, ‏‎800-491-6126

Have stayed there for 1 week. There are two hotels in one - caribe club princess and tropical princess. For an extra charge you can switch a room in tropical princess for a room in caribe club, which has a way better conditions!
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Basic room, awful pillows, had to wait for bath towels, had to wait for beach towels, rude dinning room employees. Air conditioner not working properly stayed at 76; technician came and said it was repaired but it wasn't. Glassware everywhere as cleaning staff was nowhere to be found. Food ok for a cheap restaurant, but not for resort. A lot of local tourists made our stay even worse: people inside the pool wearing underwear, shorts, and even bras; children and parents screaming everywhere, men with more food than a plate can hold, often ending in the trash. A real nightmare. Consider spending a little more or ask about locals going on your same dates.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"All-Inclusive Downgrade"
I have traveled extensively in the Caribbean. I prefer an all-inclusive hotel because I had a wonderful first time experience 20 years ago in the Bahamas. From there I've ventured to Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Curacao and St. Martin just to name a few. Being a fan of Dominican food and culture I was sorely disappointed by the food buffet. Tasteless and dry is the only way to describe it. On the other hand, the people here are the warmest I've ever encountered. I loved the spirit and kindness of the Dominican and Haitian descent staff working on site. My room was on the first floor which gave me perfect access to the pools that were only steps away. The grade of alcoholic beverages were quite stellar. The on site stores also have enough of a variety of gifts that I did not feel the need to venture (I did however at the behest of one steward). I will definitely be coming back to DR but will have to find somewhere else to stay. Lovely island and lovely people.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
Sabrina
This hotel has great amenities. Rooms are cleaned everyday with housekeepers that are friendly and efficient. Meals server at the Buffet is delicious and fresh. The overall staff of this resort welcomes you everyday and provide you with exceptional service.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
"Tropical Princess Paradise"
This place was more than I could have expected, the people were kind and courteous. The food was great, and there was something to do everyday besides the three swimming pools and the beach just steps away. I recommend this hotel to everyone who has never visited.
4 night business trip Jun 12, 2014
Dollar
"Pretty much what we expected for the price we paid"
Staff was amazing!! Food was okay, the Brazillian restaurant was far better than the other. The water did cut off while I was showing once but the cold turned back on quickly. Normally this would have been frustrating but it was really hot. Room ac isn't adjustable and we were pretty warm at night. But seriously, you get what you pay for. There is a bar every time you turn around. We were disappointed to learn there was no where to snorkel on site.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Beth
"From outside, good ! as a guest, no more !"
Arriving, they had no trace of my booking, give me a crap room extrem cold air conditioning not to regulate ! They don't change rooms it looks like as hotel supposed full ! Food was ok ! Room was not clean, lamps not working, in bath and room since wire had not plugs ! Very strange, they could not repair !!! On the beach of the hotel, by booking a tour, I paid one person entitled, then next day another guy of the tour asked me if I paid and even made few calls in front of me not trusting! Very rude ! Then, since all fine he left without being sorry for the rude behavior ! They tell you at the beginning you can go in all princess hotels, but then the other Princess chain hotel charge you 47 $ to even be in their resort.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Joan
"definitely the place to go!"
This place was amazing, everyone was friendly, the pools were beautiful and clean, the food was great, the club was nice cozy. I love everything about this place I'll definitely go back with my family.
2 night romance trip May 30, 2014
Rob
"Enjoyable stay."
Very nice clean rooms with great room service.... Expanded cable with over 70 channels in several languages... Bed made every day & refrigerator was restocked with water & soda... Buffet food was very enjoyable. You can eat & drink as much as you want. Maybe a little wait for drinks, depending on how busy they are...
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
Fred
not a five star but very nice,a little older , good food, good service, friendly personal. good size if your not looking for a mega complex but all you need of activities or quietness.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2014
"tropical princess hotel"
The hotel and staff very good. the food 3/5, very few variety and not fresh always. re-heated. when you travel with expedia, you can only choice 2 restaurant from the 5 restaurant. expedia not is the problem, the problem is the managing of hotel don't leave to choice more of two. you arrive 5 minutes late to reservation, your reservation is cancel and aren't flexible. I have 10 years to puntacana 3 times by year and is the more bad to eat buffet and choice restaurant. the personal in pool bar , lobby bar the best and friendly, very good. the problem is the management of the hotel, need to change actitude and give more good feeling to employment, the service of the person is very good. the Disco very good. areyto very good disco.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
victor hugo
"I had a great vacation"
I was with my parents first time and we liked everything.
Other trip May 29, 2014
"Beautiful, close to beach and 3 pools"
Please do not listen to any of the bad reviews on here ! I just came back && this place is GREAT !!! Our room was right next to the buffet so it was very convenient, the resort had three pools and a swim up bar in one of them so that was very nice. The resort was right on the beach so you could have pool water or ocean water. The drinks are all inclusive and they are not stingy with their liquor. They will get your tore up haha. There was wifi in the lobby which didn't work too we'll at times. If you go on an excursion DO THE PARTY BOAT ! Simply amazing
Other trip May 28, 2014
teeka
"Very poor experiences"
The room was very far away from club house and reception even so they have a logistic of a train that sopuse to pass throut the complex every 5 minutes , is not true a total disastre every one complaind I went out of my room at 10.45 pm to the disco it took me 28 minutes to wait fot the chuchu train to pick me up and take me to front club house even worst in my return from the disco at 3 .45 am to my room it took us 49 minutes waiting for the only way to get to my room or walk almost a mile at this late hours with the mosquitos and the humidity almost in 90% my wife was very upset the driver arrived at the club house with the sleeping face and was very mean A total nigthmare
Other trip May 19, 2014
Ernesto
"Very Satisfactory!!"
Liked decoration, liked food, satisfied with service and facilities. I might plan my next vacations to this hotels or any other Princess!!
Other trip May 10, 2014
Yuri
"One of the best vacations ever!"
Received an upgrade to 5 star sister hotel Bavaro Princess and it was fantastic! The food, the room, the beach, the entertainment, but above all THE STAFF was outstanding. Never have I seen such great hospitality. We tell everyone I know abt this place and plan to return. Fantastic!
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Bernard
"Nice hotel, beautiful beach, family vacation"
We stayed at the hotel for my birthday and we got an upgrade to a family room, was a nice surprise. Overall experience is good, the beach is wonderful. I live in the area an d it is one of the bet beaches around. Food was ok, always a variety, great cocktails, nice animation. Would recommend to friends.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
tati
"The staff are so good and nice"
I had such a wonderful time at this hotel, food was great, fun at the theater and most of all the staff are so nice and excellent, i couldn't ask for more
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Jamil
"Good location on the beach"
The hotel wasn't horrible exactly, but the beds were like concrete slabs and the blankets were thin and tattered. No washcloths were provided so we never felt really clean. The food was not the greatest either. We did end up paying for dinner one night to get away from hot dogs and burgers. The game equipment needs to be replaced, i.e peeling ping pong racquets, beaten up mini golf clubs. On a positive note, the staff was friendly and the pool and beach area was nice.
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
"Outdated Hotel in Gorgeous Area"
My stay started off bad since my room wasn't ready until over an hour after it was supposed to be. Also, they put me in a room right across from the maid's closet and they woke me up every morning as they had their gossip hour. In addition, the room I had was very outdated and had a lot of issues. The refrigerator didn't keep the drinks cold, a lot of things were dirty, the curtains had a big stain on them, the sheets on the bed barely stayed on since they didn't have a fitted sheet, the beds were VERY hard and they TV remote did not work. In addition, I had to stop mid-shower a couple of times because the drain wasn't working and it was about to overflow. The food was average, which I expected being an all-inclusive. The options at the buffet were ok but nothing spectacular. The desserts were nothing to be desired. The two themed restaurants that I went to were very good. It was the Brazilian and Dominican ones and they are included in your stay. You just have to make reservations beforehand. The drinks were weak and just bad. The wine and champagne tasted like the cheapest options available. Also, once I went to check out I was an hour late since I had some issues in the morning. They charged me $15 because I was late and yet they didn't take any money off my reservation due to the fact that my room wasn't ready when it was supposed to be. Doesn't seem fair. The beach was gorgeous and the pools were very nice. There were plenty of lounge chairs.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
Kathryn
"Atmosphere"
The resort and service was amazing. However, it was just my husband and I and the grounds felt a little more like "Disney World" than a realaxing beach resort. I believe this is a great family resort but if you are a coupl re looking for a quiet relaxing trip...this is not the place for you.
2 night romance trip Jan 15, 2014
"Beautiful resort on the beach."
Overall a great experience. The location is beautiful. The resort shares it propriety with another resort but that is not a problem at all. Staff is helpful and excellent. The only thing is that what ever room you pick is not guarenteed but a request so I advise calling ahead to confirm your room.
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
Bo
"Beautiful resort, mediocre service"
Good: beautiful landscape, well kept, safe, good variety of food and things to do, some staff, pools and beach. Bad: excursion employees & some people selling things literally harass and have a hard time taking NO as an answer and are pretty annoying. The lobby front desk was unhelpful and unorganized (had somehow no record of my reservation which was booked 6 months ahead of time) but made up for it by putting us in a nicer room. Although it's "all inclusive" they make up for it in the prices for pictures, anything in the resort stores, and even charged my room for making a call, which me and my boyfriend are positive neither of us did... Only 4$ so it wasn't a big deal and was easier to pay then argue with someone who can barely speak English that we didn't make that call. Just pretty ridiculous. Overall it's a beautiful place and most of the staff do the best they can. For how affordable it is, I really can't complain.. "You get what you pay for" as far as service goes. But if you are just looking for a gorgeous resort with huge clean pools and a nice beach with plenty of chairs and decent food & drinks, it's a nice choice!
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
"Be carefull the hotel is two in one"
This is my fifth time booking through Expedía and it will be my last time. Expedia showed me photos of the tropical princess however they reserved my room in the Caribbean princess which is a cheaper area of the hotel itself (tropical princess) that is not fair I had an argument with the front desk and they explain me all that. The pictures that I saw was from the tropical (better area of the hotel) not from the one that expedia reserved the room was terrible, however the staff and food was very good
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
lily
"Ok for the money"
The good: night shows were very good for a hotel; food was 7/10; very nice beach right on the hotel. The bad: the room could use some TLC. A detailed cleaning of the bathroom and some painting
3 night family trip Jan 4, 2014
"Don't stay here!"
I was charged $600 extra upon arrival. Food was awful and I am not picky! Drinks were watered down! We could only eat at 3 restaurants and needed to make reservations for two of them. All Inclusive????????????????????Ceiling in room leaked and the door knob on the inner door jammed and we had to call someone to take it off and replace the door knob. Many other guests were very unhappy as well.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
"Very nice facilities. Adorable staff"
Excellent!
Other trip Dec 25, 2013
"Affordable hotel in Punta Cana"
I stayed at 4 different hotels on my trip in Punta Cana so I will make n unbiased observation. I only paid $120 for 2 people all inclusive so I couldn't ask for too much. Check in process must be improved. The distance between the lobby and the rooms requires a shuttle. Rooms need improvement and upgrade. Safe requires a physical key with a detachable lock. Do not lose it or else you will be charged. Beds were very hard and mold in bathrooms. Recommend having free wifi spots throughout the premises. Good things: large buffet with decent food. Nice pools in great locations. Landscape and unkept of the property was wonderful. Arieto club on premises. Again, it's affordable but not a 4 star hotel.
Other trip Dec 12, 2013
Unbias report
"Nice place :)"
I had a great stay at the resort. I felt my room could use a little help and I had no hot water, but I loved it there and I love Punta Cana :) The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful as well.
Other trip Nov 29, 2013
jenn
"comfort and upkeep of the room not pleasing"
i have visited this hotel beforel. the first time was great, but the second time was not pleasing. i like the enviroment: 1)the beach was nice, 2)the palm trees were great , 3)the staff did their best, 4)the food was good. but at this time the management is not paying attention to small details: comfort and upkeep of the room -not pleasing
Other trip Nov 22, 2013
willi
"It was not what I was expecting very expensive"
Food was not good almost every day eat the same type of food. Not updated 1980 tv bathroom not working good .staff very rude. Dirty pool with green stuff in it
Yensi
"Great hotel. Responsibly priced"
Beautiful beach !!! Food was excellent. Rooms a little outdated but clean. Make sure you take the excursion to Saona island !!! Great experience and only runs about 100 us dollars per person . Plan on being gone about ten hours or so. Way worth the money !!!! We will be back next year .
Carrie
Apparently this hotel has many different types of rooms. I didn't realize that I was booking one of the older rooms, which was average at best. I thought the resort itself was actually nice, but there was some definite organizational issues. You could only get beach/pool towels from a stand near the beach and they were constantly out of towels, so that was annoying. You had to make your dinner reservations in person, which was also very annoying. The food was OK. I would definitely avoid the buffet for dinner. Your best bet are the restaurants.
Ros
"Infracstructure"
The Hotel infrastructure needs to be addrees and renovate, The staff was the best!!!! Superb service from everyone there, the food was fantastic...
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
carlos
Never again
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
Nadege
"Beautiful grounds, food needs improvement"
The Tropical Princess has beautiful grounds,two gorgeaous pools were open during our stay and the beach area is exceptional. The rooms, although clean, need some repairs but the housekeeping staff was very freindly and accomodating. Beware of what is included in your all inclusive as far as food. The buffet was OK but the alternative dining is rarely open or available so we were very disappointed in the choices offered for dining. Very few people speak english so it was hard to get questions answered. The "free" shopping trip is not worth the 20 minute ride to and from the resort. As for the "included" non-motorized water sports, there really is nothing to do unless you pay for an excursion outside the resort and beleive me, ther are plenty of people around to sell you something. If you just want a few days of laying on a beach or relaxing in a beautiful setting and are not picky about food, this is the resort for you.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Jan
"Nice beach and pool.rooms not that clean."
The hotel was beautiful, great beach, beautiful pool, staff was very friendly. Food and drinks were awesome. My only problem was the rooms they smelled musky and the housekeeper didn't do a good job cleaning the days we were there.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
L.
"8 days at this resort"
Great things were Maids, buffet staff, all the bar staff, pool, beach, resort grounds. Medium were the disco need another DJ. Poor service were Front desk, internet svc, taxi drivers to/from lobby.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
"Fun time!"
Hotel was comfortable and immediately became homey and familiar thanks to the lovely staff. The room was fine. The pool and pool area well maintained and inviting. Food was pretty good. The beach was the reason I came and was the reason I spent the entire day on my chaise lounge. The wind was refreshing and constant. Drinking Presidente on the beach while looking at the water...that was my vacation! My only complaint was the smoking of my fellow hotel guests. Next time I might look for a smoke free environment.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
Ther
"Close to the beach"
Rooms need updated.. Food wasn't that good, compare to other resorts we have been.. Good for the kids with 3 swimming pools.. We wouldn't go back
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
arjan
"Ok"
Old hotel, picked because of price , better of paying little more and go some place else. Took 9 people with me, one of the rooms was leacking water from the ceiling , other room power kept going out! Food was just ok . The worst was all the people troughout the resort and beach trying to sell you something, would not leave you alone!!! Would not go back again !!
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
penta
"You get what you pay for!!"
The staff was friendly. The food was average, could have been better. The rooms were HORRIBLE!! Old furnitures leakage in the bathroom. Disgusting hotel policy!! Booked my room a month in advance and after getting there was stuck in the lobby for 5 hours trying to clarify a mistake they made with my reservation. The location however is great.
3 night romance trip Aug 15, 2013
Tyrone
"Nice Vacation."
We had a nice vacation there, it is a big resort and very beautiful, amazing beach, three big pools, lots of activities on the main pool people are super nice and friendly, food okay, different theme every night on the buffet , the restaurants on the resort are really nice, there are 5 of them, plus the snack bar, Rooms need to be updated but not a big deal. Make sure you bring bug spray with you.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
Su
"Great vacation in punta cana"
The people: the people who work there are very welcoming and nice. They were always happy and ready to help. The food: the food was very good and we like the variety of restaurants available. The rooms: we weren't to happy with the room overall because it needed some renovating and the room maintenance wasn't very clean. The entertainment: there is always something to do wether it's dance lessons to Spanish lessons and at the end of the day the plays were very amusing. Overall we enjoyed the stay a lot and the visual was beautiful and we plan on coming again.
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
Roger
"tA must for off season"
It was good for the money has all the activities I have seen at high priced resorts . I had rented a car and was able to exit and enter the resort at will most resorts your helled prisoner unless you go on their tours
7 night trip Aug 7, 2013
Fernando
"Beautiful resort with a nice beach"
The resort is a beautiful place with 3 pools and the beach is right there. The customer service is outstanding and the food in the restaurants are excellent. The rooms are not the best but OK and the buildings could have a little more care on the ceilings. It was a fantastic vacation and we will go back again in our next vacation.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
Johannes
"Not what I expected at all..."
The first impression about the room was total disappointment. The restaurants never serve steak. The shows at night are repetitive, dancing every night I was there... so why call it shows???? The dancer had the same steps every night, just different songs. TERRIBLE..!! The employees are not so friendly as on other resorts that I have been.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
"You get what you pay for!"
Staff is great, the beach is beautiful and clean, food below average score, rooms are kept clean but the buildings really show the age and the wear. They are air conditioned and comfortable. The hotel advertising companies are agressive and annoying in every step you make. Not too many things for teens and young adults. It was disappointing that there was no coffee in the room.I am not sure if I would go back even if the price is still reasonable.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Bad hotel, good resort"
The actual hotel was lousy, it was very dated and had an odor. One of the cleaning ladies walked in on my husband and I without knocking on the door first. The actual hotel wasn't great but the resort was very nice. Don't be fooled by the title "beach view" or "sea view", you won't see anything. The beach was beautiful, and it had three pools, one pool had a sunken bar which was very nice. The lobby was nice, and the lobby staff were very friendly at times. Most of the employees only speak Spanish. If you're not fluent in Spanish than I don't know if this is the resort for you. Other than that, I know enough Spanish to get by, and my husband is fluent in Spanish so we didn't have much issues in that area. Make sure to make your reservations for the restaurant during your stay because the restaurant food tastes a lot fresher and tastier than the buffet.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
Nakira
"Best Vacations ever....."
My entire family and i had the best vacation at this resort. We arrived at the Tropical Princess and the staff right way was friendly and very helpful. We spent 3 days at the hotel and we loved it.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013