All hotels in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Playas De Bavaro, Higuey, Punta Cana, La Altagracia, Dominican Republic, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great food and Beach"
The hotel was nice. A great beach and 3 pools, a lot of activities for everyone. The food was very good (variety and quality), every night at the main restaurant they have a theme buffet menu (Spanish, French, Chinese, etc), which you can enjoy along with good music and wine. Also they have open restaurants/bars all day/night long. My kids really enjoyed the hotel: Besides the beach, teh children's playground, mini golf, bikes, tennis, archery, ping pong, pool tables and a kid's show. A casino and the "Areito" disco (one of the best in the area) are inside the hotel complex, you can go there (using a complementary shuttle) and part of the night the drinks are free
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Y
Beds are hard. Room keys constantly lose configuration and doors don't open. It happened to many guests. Staff claims it is related to cell phone proximity. We had no cell phones there. Beach is okay, not great. However, for the price and the all inclusive deal, you probably can't beat it.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"Hotel with beautiful beach and pools"
I stayed in resort 8 nights.Hotel has a beautiful beach with clerly water and many activities to do.Location is perfect.The resort is well mainteined .The room was quite nice,but bed was very uncomfortable.The buffet food was not so good.The evening show was great.However my experience was fine .
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
Krystyna
"It's a nice comfortable place,"
The hotel is a nice place to stay, offer many activities that are free and the food is very good. The staff was very efficient and pleasant.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Would not stay there again"
Was not told that there were only two restaurants that could be used during our whole stay and one of them was a very small one which you had to get on the list to eat at and you had to do that right at 8 a.m. or else you could not get a seat. Hard to get anywhere at 8 a.m. when you are on vacation. Ended up eating the same food for 4 days in the same restaurant. The room was not clean. When I told the front desk staff I was not happy with the situation, they said there was nothing they can do about it. Beaches were beautiful but hotel was not that great.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Odalys
"Is a nice hotel very secure."
We had fun, everything was ok. but the room had a leak. They came and pretended that fix it and later at night there were a couple more leaks. We wanted to complained but we were going to have fun not to have arguments on fighting for a better room. Then at the restaurants they gave us attitudes and been rases. But after all the inconvinience everything was great.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Biky
"Not bad, you get what you pay for."
If you're laid back and just looking for relax by the beach or pool, this resort is great. If you're looking for luxury and five star meals then you might wanna keep looking. It's right on the shore and there are plenty of beach chairs and umbrella huts however the disorganization was almost comical. They nearly never had clean beach towels, which, I guess, isn't a huge deal. We were never able to make reservations for the restaurants as they were always booked way in advance and the buffet food was not all that great. But the staff was awesome and we had a good time. All in all, I'd come back.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Grace
"Nice outdoors, poor room"
The hotel is located 25 min from the airport, it is right on the beach. I liked the fact that it was not too big and not too small at the same time. The reception staff could not be less efficient, taking forever to check in people and not being really helpful. However the animation staff and the service staff were much better. Sometimes a smile was missing but they were helping you fully and that is what matters. The outdoors were really great with beautiful gardens, nice pools and large beach that were taking care of. The beach has clear water and wind that makes it perfect. What I really did not like are the rooms. Mine was really outdated and furniture were damaged and poorly fixed. I would not say it was not clean but looking that bad does make you feel comfy. Few examples are the missing chain on the doors while the chain holder were there, no "do not disturb" sign, the tape on the switch, the really bad bathroom, dark with only 2 large towels and not even smaller ones, no bathroom rug, no toilet paper holders, old AC, old TV. They could have added some nice touches with decors and new shower curtains or newer bed cover to compensate the older side of the room but seems they did not care to invest. For a Princess hotel I was disappointed compared to the ones I have been in Mexico. Food was ok (depends on the theme of the buffet in fact) and excursion a bit pricy. Photographies are negociable.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Kessy
Really enjoyed our stay there. Staff is awesome! Would definitely stay there again
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Not good"
It wasnt very good. In the rooms there were no towels in the rooms. For a couple of days there was no hot water. No drinks.(soda mostly) the food was not cooked well. If we were to go to a restaurnt we had to book it 3-4 days before. To many bugs in the rooms. No entertament in tropical princess. If we were to get food to go to the pool or beach we couldn't take it out because there no paper plates)(mostly the weekends) when we had gone 3 year ago it was much better. More fun. There was no wifi in the lobby.it was also boring. In the lobby
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
s.e
"Not The Best...But Has Potential"
It was easy to see that this hotel was quite lovely in its day, but cleanliness, maintenance and attention to detail on property are clearly lacking now. The shower heads in our room trickled water from fewer than 1/4 of their openings -- fortunately the hand held wands worked much better. Both toilet paper holders were broken and unusable. The safe was not usable. Our two bedroom suite had connections for two televisions, but only one set in place. The beds were old and not very comfortable. The grounds were nicely landscaped but many of the water features were dry or scum covered. We tried to get pool/beach towels 5 times one day -- they were always "due in 30 minutes" but never arrived.
Ann
The first room we got had no hot water, the showers got flooded, the lock on the door that leads to the balcony was broken, the mini cooler was not cooling and the air conditioner did not go below 78F. We requested another room or to go to a different chain hotel and the answer was no, we are completely booked, without even checking. So the next day, I called Expedia to express my dissatisfaction and they were going to get in contact with the hotel to see what my options were. I approached the guest services sometime after and advised them that I contacted Expedia and all of a sudden they wanted to help. Eventually, we were able to get a different room. It wasn't the most clean room, but it did have the basic necessities, like hot water, working air conditioner, doors that lock, the mini cooler was working, etc. The service from the hotel staff was courteous however you need to come packed with a lot of patience. Because in order to get things done they take along time to help you. The towels were another issue. Those took a long time too. The food was great though.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
JC
"If you like cold showers, then you'll love it here"
At first glance this hotel seemed to be ok. Once I reached my room I was a little disappointed but had to remember that I didn't pay much to stay here. Had my friends listened to me we would not have been here anyway. The hotel staff was pretty friendly except for the few in the gift shop that follow you around like you're going to steal something. Our housekeeper made sure the common areas in our room was clean but that's about it. There were 3 of us (all females) in the room and we received 3 washcloths every other day. When we asked for 6 washcloths there was a problem. The water pressure of the shower was terrible and the water was extremely cold. We reported this to the fronk desk 3 times and nothing was done. We were lucky to get lukewarm water every once in a while. The food was absolutely disgusting. I ate bread, french fries and pineapples the entire time I was there. We did visit the Dominican restaurant twice (the Brazilian books extremely fast) The food was ok there. The Wi-Fi was not the best and in the lobby only. I wasn't too concerned but my vacation buddies live on the internet and spent most of their time in the casino because the free Wi-Fi was better there. If you don't plan to stay at the pool (it closes at 7) or beach all day and party all night you will be completely bored. I do not see myself EVER going back to this resort. I would give it less than one start if I could.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Diva on a Dime
"Horrible old resort"
Horrific experience, this resort can't be a 4 star it is more like a 1 star. My family and I spent the week of July 11th to July 18th and complete hated this resort. Usually I am an easy grader but there is nothing positive that I can say about the resort.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Ray
"Rooms could have been a little nicer."
Had broken cabinets, missing shower door, broken bed frame. Staff was wonderful throughout which made the experience great! Everything was very clean inside rooms, bathrooms, and outside!
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
cathy
Resort was nice and clean. Grounds were beautiful. Food was good. Service excellent.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
we LIke so much
2 night family trip Jul 7, 2014
Griselidy
I had to call maintenance for multiple problems inside the hotel. First, we did not have hot water the first night; second, the refrigerator stopped working; third, the room was too hot; fourth, the light bulb was out. The last problem that I did not call for repair was the door knobs for the patio and the bathroom door were broken. The hotel needs a major renovation. The TV was old, the room was hot. We liked our housekeeping lady. She kept our room cleaned and maintained with water, soda drinks, shampoo, and soap. I just did not like that we were limited with towels to four. My overall review for the room is very poor. The facility is clean. The workers were always cleaning, maintaining the yard, the pool, etc. One down fall is that it was hard to communicate with the staff because of their inability to speak English. The food was great and it was a good idea to have international theme per night. The food servers were wonderful, the bar tenders were friendly. The have no complain about the beach. It was great, but the beach towels need to be replaced. The materials are old. One suggestion, location to exchange and get towels should be on all swimming pools. Our last day, we requested from the bell man to pick us up with the tram and we waited for 35 minutes, despite calling and reminded them. He even stated " I'll be over". We had 4 heavy luggage's, bag packs and it was hot. They never showed up, so my husband was very upset.
"Great Hotel on the beach. Best staff EVER!"
We stay at what I would call a value hotel. We stayed for 2 week for about $1200 including airfare and transportation. So for the money we paid I would go back every year! The highlight of the vacation was the Tropical Princess's Amazing staff. We go to Dominican Republic at least twice a year and I have never met people more friendly, accommodating, and over the top helpful! Especially Junior ( a waiter at the buffet) What ever their doing at that resort they need to keep it up!
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Not going back"
The lobby was a amazing..rooms not so much..beds were not comfy and the decor and tv was outdated. My tv constantly decided to no longer work and it took forever for staff to fix. Buffet was not good. All pork and dark meat and I don't eat either. .i was expecting Dominican food and there was not a lot of that. Room keys constantly malfunctioned.staff was friendly and helpful during dinner. Beach was beautiful minus the people trying to sell you something every 5 minutes. If you are looking for a weekend or week of relaxation don't come here..If you don't mind being bothered then this is the place for you
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Ms B
"Terrible!"
My sister & I paid extra for the ticket to get to Punta Cana early enough to enjoy the vacation. We arrived at the hotel at 2:45pm, we didn't get a room until 6pm. The room was so bad that was not even suitable for a homeless person. I complain at the front desk and they said is Expedia fault, I said NO is your for selling a vacation package that is not true. Finally going back & forth with Ernesto from the front desk he decide to give us a better room at least with an A/C we ended up at another room like 11:45pm, but he bribe us for money in order to do so! once we move to the other room we decide is was time to relax and sleep, then at 1am the phone rings it was the first guy that gave us the first room, he call us (he is short and has black circle under his eyes) at 1am to find out where is the money. I mentioned I will bring him the $ the next day, we are not going anywhere. This is a disgrace :-( & many times there was no plate at the buffet to eat. The mosquito had a feast with me. This hotel should be 2 stars. Food 1-10 is a 4, service 1-10 I will said 3.Only one good thing, housekeeping kept our room clean.The Spad was good (4 stars) because it doesnt belong to the hotel. The last day we found a very nice guy his name is Jonathan Rafael he made us feel a little better and also some of the guys at breakfast. Vacation days not so good, except when we booked & spend a day at the Hard Rock Hotel, oh wow! only with the atmosphere, attention you received is worth every $.
Mag
Have stayed there for 1 week. There are two hotels in one - caribe club princess and tropical princess. For an extra charge you can switch a room in tropical princess for a room in caribe club, which has a way better conditions!
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Basic room, awful pillows, had to wait for bath towels, had to wait for beach towels, rude dinning room employees. Air conditioner not working properly stayed at 76; technician came and said it was repaired but it wasn't. Glassware everywhere as cleaning staff was nowhere to be found. Food ok for a cheap restaurant, but not for resort. A lot of local tourists made our stay even worse: people inside the pool wearing underwear, shorts, and even bras; children and parents screaming everywhere, men with more food than a plate can hold, often ending in the trash. A real nightmare. Consider spending a little more or ask about locals going on your same dates.
"All-Inclusive Downgrade"
I have traveled extensively in the Caribbean. I prefer an all-inclusive hotel because I had a wonderful first time experience 20 years ago in the Bahamas. From there I've ventured to Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Curacao and St. Martin just to name a few. Being a fan of Dominican food and culture I was sorely disappointed by the food buffet. Tasteless and dry is the only way to describe it. On the other hand, the people here are the warmest I've ever encountered. I loved the spirit and kindness of the Dominican and Haitian descent staff working on site. My room was on the first floor which gave me perfect access to the pools that were only steps away. The grade of alcoholic beverages were quite stellar. The on site stores also have enough of a variety of gifts that I did not feel the need to venture (I did however at the behest of one steward). I will definitely be coming back to DR but will have to find somewhere else to stay. Lovely island and lovely people.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
Sabrina
This hotel has great amenities. Rooms are cleaned everyday with housekeepers that are friendly and efficient. Meals server at the Buffet is delicious and fresh. The overall staff of this resort welcomes you everyday and provide you with exceptional service.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
"Tropical Princess Paradise"
This place was more than I could have expected, the people were kind and courteous. The food was great, and there was something to do everyday besides the three swimming pools and the beach just steps away. I recommend this hotel to everyone who has never visited.
4 night business trip Jun 12, 2014
Dollar
"Pretty much what we expected for the price we paid"
Staff was amazing!! Food was okay, the Brazillian restaurant was far better than the other. The water did cut off while I was showing once but the cold turned back on quickly. Normally this would have been frustrating but it was really hot. Room ac isn't adjustable and we were pretty warm at night. But seriously, you get what you pay for. There is a bar every time you turn around. We were disappointed to learn there was no where to snorkel on site.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Beth
"From outside, good ! as a guest, no more !"
Arriving, they had no trace of my booking, give me a crap room extrem cold air conditioning not to regulate ! They don't change rooms it looks like as hotel supposed full ! Food was ok ! Room was not clean, lamps not working, in bath and room since wire had not plugs ! Very strange, they could not repair !!! On the beach of the hotel, by booking a tour, I paid one person entitled, then next day another guy of the tour asked me if I paid and even made few calls in front of me not trusting! Very rude ! Then, since all fine he left without being sorry for the rude behavior ! They tell you at the beginning you can go in all princess hotels, but then the other Princess chain hotel charge you 47 $ to even be in their resort.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Joan
"definitely the place to go!"
This place was amazing, everyone was friendly, the pools were beautiful and clean, the food was great, the club was nice cozy. I love everything about this place I'll definitely go back with my family.
2 night romance trip May 30, 2014
Rob
"Enjoyable stay."
Very nice clean rooms with great room service.... Expanded cable with over 70 channels in several languages... Bed made every day & refrigerator was restocked with water & soda... Buffet food was very enjoyable. You can eat & drink as much as you want. Maybe a little wait for drinks, depending on how busy they are...
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
Fred
not a five star but very nice,a little older , good food, good service, friendly personal. good size if your not looking for a mega complex but all you need of activities or quietness.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2014
"tropical princess hotel"
The hotel and staff very good. the food 3/5, very few variety and not fresh always. re-heated. when you travel with expedia, you can only choice 2 restaurant from the 5 restaurant. expedia not is the problem, the problem is the managing of hotel don't leave to choice more of two. you arrive 5 minutes late to reservation, your reservation is cancel and aren't flexible. I have 10 years to puntacana 3 times by year and is the more bad to eat buffet and choice restaurant. the personal in pool bar , lobby bar the best and friendly, very good. the problem is the management of the hotel, need to change actitude and give more good feeling to employment, the service of the person is very good. the Disco very good. areyto very good disco.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
victor hugo
"I had a great vacation"
I was with my parents first time and we liked everything.
Other trip May 29, 2014
"Beautiful, close to beach and 3 pools"
Please do not listen to any of the bad reviews on here ! I just came back && this place is GREAT !!! Our room was right next to the buffet so it was very convenient, the resort had three pools and a swim up bar in one of them so that was very nice. The resort was right on the beach so you could have pool water or ocean water. The drinks are all inclusive and they are not stingy with their liquor. They will get your tore up haha. There was wifi in the lobby which didn't work too we'll at times. If you go on an excursion DO THE PARTY BOAT ! Simply amazing
Other trip May 28, 2014
teeka
"Very poor experiences"
The room was very far away from club house and reception even so they have a logistic of a train that sopuse to pass throut the complex every 5 minutes , is not true a total disastre every one complaind I went out of my room at 10.45 pm to the disco it took me 28 minutes to wait fot the chuchu train to pick me up and take me to front club house even worst in my return from the disco at 3 .45 am to my room it took us 49 minutes waiting for the only way to get to my room or walk almost a mile at this late hours with the mosquitos and the humidity almost in 90% my wife was very upset the driver arrived at the club house with the sleeping face and was very mean A total nigthmare
Other trip May 19, 2014
Ernesto
"Very Satisfactory!!"
Liked decoration, liked food, satisfied with service and facilities. I might plan my next vacations to this hotels or any other Princess!!
Other trip May 10, 2014
Yuri
"One of the best vacations ever!"
Received an upgrade to 5 star sister hotel Bavaro Princess and it was fantastic! The food, the room, the beach, the entertainment, but above all THE STAFF was outstanding. Never have I seen such great hospitality. We tell everyone I know abt this place and plan to return. Fantastic!
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Bernard
"Nice hotel, beautiful beach, family vacation"
We stayed at the hotel for my birthday and we got an upgrade to a family room, was a nice surprise. Overall experience is good, the beach is wonderful. I live in the area an d it is one of the bet beaches around. Food was ok, always a variety, great cocktails, nice animation. Would recommend to friends.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
tati
"The staff are so good and nice"
I had such a wonderful time at this hotel, food was great, fun at the theater and most of all the staff are so nice and excellent, i couldn't ask for more
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Jamil
"Good location on the beach"
The hotel wasn't horrible exactly, but the beds were like concrete slabs and the blankets were thin and tattered. No washcloths were provided so we never felt really clean. The food was not the greatest either. We did end up paying for dinner one night to get away from hot dogs and burgers. The game equipment needs to be replaced, i.e peeling ping pong racquets, beaten up mini golf clubs. On a positive note, the staff was friendly and the pool and beach area was nice.
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
"Outdated Hotel in Gorgeous Area"
My stay started off bad since my room wasn't ready until over an hour after it was supposed to be. Also, they put me in a room right across from the maid's closet and they woke me up every morning as they had their gossip hour. In addition, the room I had was very outdated and had a lot of issues. The refrigerator didn't keep the drinks cold, a lot of things were dirty, the curtains had a big stain on them, the sheets on the bed barely stayed on since they didn't have a fitted sheet, the beds were VERY hard and they TV remote did not work. In addition, I had to stop mid-shower a couple of times because the drain wasn't working and it was about to overflow. The food was average, which I expected being an all-inclusive. The options at the buffet were ok but nothing spectacular. The desserts were nothing to be desired. The two themed restaurants that I went to were very good. It was the Brazilian and Dominican ones and they are included in your stay. You just have to make reservations beforehand. The drinks were weak and just bad. The wine and champagne tasted like the cheapest options available. Also, once I went to check out I was an hour late since I had some issues in the morning. They charged me $15 because I was late and yet they didn't take any money off my reservation due to the fact that my room wasn't ready when it was supposed to be. Doesn't seem fair. The beach was gorgeous and the pools were very nice. There were plenty of lounge chairs.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
Kathryn
"Atmosphere"
The resort and service was amazing. However, it was just my husband and I and the grounds felt a little more like "Disney World" than a realaxing beach resort. I believe this is a great family resort but if you are a coupl re looking for a quiet relaxing trip...this is not the place for you.
2 night romance trip Jan 15, 2014
"Beautiful resort on the beach."
Overall a great experience. The location is beautiful. The resort shares it propriety with another resort but that is not a problem at all. Staff is helpful and excellent. The only thing is that what ever room you pick is not guarenteed but a request so I advise calling ahead to confirm your room.
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
Bo
"Beautiful resort, mediocre service"
Good: beautiful landscape, well kept, safe, good variety of food and things to do, some staff, pools and beach. Bad: excursion employees & some people selling things literally harass and have a hard time taking NO as an answer and are pretty annoying. The lobby front desk was unhelpful and unorganized (had somehow no record of my reservation which was booked 6 months ahead of time) but made up for it by putting us in a nicer room. Although it's "all inclusive" they make up for it in the prices for pictures, anything in the resort stores, and even charged my room for making a call, which me and my boyfriend are positive neither of us did... Only 4$ so it wasn't a big deal and was easier to pay then argue with someone who can barely speak English that we didn't make that call. Just pretty ridiculous. Overall it's a beautiful place and most of the staff do the best they can. For how affordable it is, I really can't complain.. "You get what you pay for" as far as service goes. But if you are just looking for a gorgeous resort with huge clean pools and a nice beach with plenty of chairs and decent food & drinks, it's a nice choice!
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
"Be carefull the hotel is two in one"
This is my fifth time booking through Expedía and it will be my last time. Expedia showed me photos of the tropical princess however they reserved my room in the Caribbean princess which is a cheaper area of the hotel itself (tropical princess) that is not fair I had an argument with the front desk and they explain me all that. The pictures that I saw was from the tropical (better area of the hotel) not from the one that expedia reserved the room was terrible, however the staff and food was very good
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
lily
"Ok for the money"
The good: night shows were very good for a hotel; food was 7/10; very nice beach right on the hotel. The bad: the room could use some TLC. A detailed cleaning of the bathroom and some painting
3 night family trip Jan 4, 2014
"Don't stay here!"
I was charged $600 extra upon arrival. Food was awful and I am not picky! Drinks were watered down! We could only eat at 3 restaurants and needed to make reservations for two of them. All Inclusive????????????????????Ceiling in room leaked and the door knob on the inner door jammed and we had to call someone to take it off and replace the door knob. Many other guests were very unhappy as well.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
"Very nice facilities. Adorable staff"
Excellent!
Other trip Dec 25, 2013
"Affordable hotel in Punta Cana"
I stayed at 4 different hotels on my trip in Punta Cana so I will make n unbiased observation. I only paid $120 for 2 people all inclusive so I couldn't ask for too much. Check in process must be improved. The distance between the lobby and the rooms requires a shuttle. Rooms need improvement and upgrade. Safe requires a physical key with a detachable lock. Do not lose it or else you will be charged. Beds were very hard and mold in bathrooms. Recommend having free wifi spots throughout the premises. Good things: large buffet with decent food. Nice pools in great locations. Landscape and unkept of the property was wonderful. Arieto club on premises. Again, it's affordable but not a 4 star hotel.
Other trip Dec 12, 2013
Unbias report
"Nice place :)"
I had a great stay at the resort. I felt my room could use a little help and I had no hot water, but I loved it there and I love Punta Cana :) The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful as well.
Other trip Nov 29, 2013