All hotels in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Playas De BavaroHiguey, Punta CanaLa AltagraciaDominican Republic, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
    Breakfast is average
    Uncomfortable
    Room is not nice
"Nice hotel, friendly staff."
The room was OK, beds were really comfortable. The AC wasn't cool enough and TV was old. The liquor in the drinks felt cheap and was not good; the beer was good though. The night entertainment was good, the Lobby and Areito Distotec were the best places to be.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Enrique
"Great property, poor management, mediocre service"
The resort is laid out very nicely, on a great property. It has all the necessary makings of a wonderful place. What is lacking is some clear management of staff and direction towards excellent customer service. It is not acceptable to wait 15 minutes for you coffee to arrive at breakfast because they've run out of cups or to have to wait a while for a table to be cleared. No clean beach towels at 11 am - also not acceptable. There is an abundanace of staff, but poor management, no clear systems in place and ineffective planning and no oversight result in low efficienties all across the resort.
Izabella
"Nice hotel.. Great Beach on premises!"
Overall my stay was Great! Majority of the employees were amazing! Especially the buffet supervisor and his staff! They were amazing! Cleaning staff as well! The place was safe and I had a great time! Great Food and pools! Beach on Resort was great as well! The only thing that needs to be addressed are the lobby check in counter employees. Sometimes do not explain much or are undertrained! Also a few of the staff let me know they had drugs for sale! I think they were cooks, but it happened on several occasions! Very shady! Overall great place to get away and had everything I needed! Would def use this resort again!
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Blank
"nice resort"
The grounds were beautiful. 3 great pools. The beach was fantastic! Food was also very good and the rooms were kept very clean!
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
randy
"Wonderful 7 day vacation after a hard winter!"
I enjoyed very much my vacation at Tropical Princess! The hotel is excellent situated in an amazing tropical park with beautiful plants, flowers, birds and animals. Stuff is very friendly and buffet has a nice variety of food. They have also entertainment on the beach, in the pool and evening programs. I hope I will go back in the future!
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
Anca
"crappie room service"
Over all stay was good. People there great room service horrible she didn't want to clean room and complained about giving me clean towels so that messed up my experience.
Response by Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive
Dear Jase, Receive cordial greetings from all the team working at the Caribe Club Princess. Thank you for your recent review . We would like to extend our most sincere apologies for any inconveniences or difficulties you may have experienced during your stay. Your observations are taking into great consideration and have been shared with the corresponding department managers, in order to analyze the points you mentioned and improve the described shortcomings. We hope you will be willing to give us the opportunity to welcome you once again to demonstrate you the commitment and quality of service we have exhibited through the years, and that way be able to change any negative perception you may have. Kind regards Federico Espinal General Manager TropicalPrincess Beach Resorts and Spa
5 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
jase
"Horrible experience, go elsewhere"
My overall experience at this resort was horrible. I regret not choosing another option, as there are many in punta Cana that likely would have been better. First of all, the food at Higuero restuarant was unpalatable. I ate there multiple times due to the lack of other options (for the all-inclusive rate) and each time I was hardly able to finish anything because it all tasted so disgusting. The fruit was not fresh, everything was oversalted and poorly made. Despite having "theme nights" the same dishes were always served. Secondly, the staff was downright mean. It took me two hours to check in. Staff at Higuero mocked us loudly when we walked in and out (they didn't realize that we spoke spanish). It was very difficult to get them to refill our waters and cokes. The front desk woke us up by calling us every day at 8 a.m. for no apparent reason, and the housekeeping staff would then come by at 830 a.m. and wake us up despite the do not disturb signs on the door, so we were unable to enjoy sleeping in on our vacation. Other staff, such as those who worked at the towel booth, were also surly and nasty. Elias at the front desk refused to check us out even though he was not doing anything, and told us to wait in line behind someone else, until his boss came and told him to do it, at which time he was suddenly capable of doing so.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"My first trip to DR!"
It was a wonderful experience from beginning to end. The location was good and the resort staff were absolutely nice and respectful. I met a lot of people as well. The food was good and the scenery was even better. Can't forget the beach. Bavaro Beach was phenomenal.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
Gerard
"Terrible hotel but great resort."
When we arrived at the front desk employees were not very helpful or friendly. Our room was pretty dirty. Bathrooms were borderline filthy. Some guests we spoke to complained of cockroaches in their rooms although we ourselves did not see any. Upon saying that, I will say the resort facilities and entertainment are great. The beach and pools are beautiful! The entertainment staff were excellent. They interacted with the guests and put on great shows. We were there with 3 boys aged 9, 6 and 4 and they all had a blast. The food was also plentiful and flavorful.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"Great Getaway Weekend!"
I took advantage of the long holiday weekend and booked a trip to the DR. When I saw the reviews of the hotel I decided to stay here and overall, it was a very, very pleasant experience, however, the room wasn't exactly what I was expecting, it was small, not my idea of a 4-star hotel room, no iron and ironing board in the room, no coffee maker, and no wash cloths, but it was clean. The staff were amazing, very friendly, accommodating and overall nice and I had a great deal of fun. The staff made up for the room after all, I was only in my room to lay my head down. Overall, I had a great vacation and enjoyed the short time away.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
G.G.
We had a nice time. Only thing to correct is the German e.g. At the brochures and signs.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
"I never see a hotel in this cond. at Punta Cana"
Like a nightmare. Starting with the hotel conditions, the food is really bad and the facilities looks very deteriorated.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
Alexis
"Overzealous, disrespectful front desk, & dishonest"
Restaurant staff were very hardworking and friendly. Housekeeping fair, although they could do better. Front desk However, disrespectful and cocky front desk staff. Be aware that if they tell you their credit card machine is not working or that telephone line for it is not operative it is simply a ploy to get cash, US dollars, and charge you more than the going exchange rate. Security guards a little overzealous in the discharge of their duties with guests in the hotel , made me and my guest feel uncomfortable.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Jay
We didn't get our room key until 4:30 (check in is at 3:00). We waited over an hour and a half to get our room and it wasn’t ready when we got there. The air conditioner didn't work, I was told because I was on the third floor that was the best that the unit could do. It never got below 80 degrees (the high, 85). There were other problems, the patio door didn’t lock, there were big gaps to the outside that let bugs in, I didn’t have a hairdryer, the toilet flushed half the time, the lighting was poor. After the first night in the room and discovering that the 2nd shower didn’t work, I asked to be moved. I was given a new room, but I had to make 5 calls to get it done. Persistence pays at this resort! The new room was better, but there were still a few issues. The new room had a musty smell and there were several mosquitoes that we had to fight off. We came home with sevreal bites. Bring repleant with you, it's $18 for a bottle of Off in the gift shop. We also had a problem with the constant badgering from sales people. They were selling everything, upgrades, vacation time shares, massages, excursions, etc. They were relentless!
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
T
"Beautiful location and friendly staff but..."
The location is beautiful and the grounds seem well maintained. However, the rooms are not. The sheets and pillows look and feel like they should have been retired long ago. Our room had several maintenance issues that were not addressed. We complained about the bedside lamp with no switch and the leaking ceiling over the shower. The plastic ceiling was starting to buckle down from the water collecting above. Neither problems were addressed in any way, so we didn't bother to complain about the TV which wasn't functioning properly because we figured nothing would be done about it either. We didn't plan to watch much TV anyway. We unscrewed the light bulb when we wanted to turn the light off and simply hoped the shower ceiling wouldn't fall. The maid cleaned as well as she could considering the considerable wear and tear on the room. I don't blame her for the maintenance issues. On the other hand, we enjoyed the food, especially the Brazilian restaurant. The waitstaff at the restaurants, bars and buffet were polite and attentive.
Response by Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive
Dear Kate,, We thank you for choosing Tropical Princess for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback. I have read thoroughly your comments because they are very important for us as a responsible and professional hotel chain. On behalf of all our team, we would to extend our most sincere apologies for any difficulties you may have experience during your stay. For us it is very important the experience our guest have about their stay with us. I accept your feedback for continuous improvement in a future stay. We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. Yours sincerely, , Federico Espinal General Manager Tropical Princess Beach Resorts and Spa
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Kate
The only issue we had was with restaurant reservations. The reservations were full each day even though we were the first ones in line each morning to make them
Response by Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive
Dear Bill As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us. At the same time you can feel assured that your comments helped us identify or focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist in our hotel and take whatever corrective actions may be necessary. We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. Yours sincerely, Federico Espinal General Manager Tropical Princess Beach Resorts and Spa
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Quality family vacation - great time"
After months of reading reviews, I was concerned. So happy we went as we had a great time. Staff was incredibly accommodating and helpful. We stayed at Coralillo bldg. 2314, 3rd flr with nice high ceilings. Great, spacious room with beautiful partial view of beach/pool. Would like to thank the following staff for their OUTSTANDING customer service - Jefferey, front desk, Maximo, Alexandro, Francisca & Yoel (sorry, didn't get all names) at El Higuero Buffet, Ingrid, Animation Team, Neury, housekeeping and Mercedes, Guest Service.
Response by Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive
Dear Esther, We do not know how to thank you for this kind of comments. Posts such as yours delight us and gives us confidence to keep working hard to satisfy our customers and improve our service. We would like to express you how glad we are to read that your positive valuation about the excellent service of our staff. Best Regards Federico Espinal General Manager Tropical Princess Beach Resorts and Spa
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Esther
"Close to the beach"
Nice pools,friendly staff,good cleaning crew.Charged extra for safe key.No Wi -Fi in the room,one in the lobby super slow.Can't get fresh towels at the beach they bring fresh ones and staff won't exchange it.Almost missed our pick up for the airport since after 35minutes wait we walked with luggage and kids to the lobby.Food is very boring same stuff everyday.
Response by Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive
Dear Andy We deeply appreciate the opportunity you took to express your opinions about the experience you had while at the Tropical Princess and we assure you that we will be taking your feedback into consideration as we believe that there is always room for improvement. I would like to apologize for the situation that affected you while vacationing with us and we would like to extend you our most sincere apologies for not having met your expectations regarding our service level. We regret very much that you encountered inconveniences in your room please allow us to emphasize that our rooms are subject to a very strict daily supervision and at the time something is not in good condition during the supervision of the room immediate actions are taken. Your observation has passed to the housekeeping department to take the appropriate measures in the future. We do not want you to stay with the wrong image of the hotel. We invite you to return to visit us the next time you decide to return to the Dominican Republic. Thank you again for your comments. Respectfully, Federico Espinal General Manager Tropical Princess Beach Resorts and Spa
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Andy
"Left with a smile"
When first arriving to the resort I was really impressed with the lobby. Excellent first impression. However, once I got to my room the disappointment came. It was terribly small, there was a tube TV, the bathroom needed renovating. I made a call to complain and eventually my room was upgraded and I was totally satisfied. I have no idea why they would put anyone in that initial room. Other than that, the staff is super friendly and hospitable. I've already recommended the resort
Response by Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive
Dear Ace, We deeply appreciate the opportunity you took to express your opinions about the experience you had while at Tropical Princess and we assure you that we will be taking your feedback into consideration as we believe that there is always room for improvement. We truly appreciate the compliments towards our hotel, beach and food, it is always good to learn that our clients were able to enjoy their vacations. In reference to the room, we truly regret about the conditions you encountered. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and be able to provide you the most unforgettable vacations at our hotel. Federico Espinal General Manager Tropical Princess Beach Resort and Spa
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Ace
"Hotel needs a kickstart!"
Bartending staff need to learn how to make more tropical drinks.
Response by Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive
Dear World Travel, W would just like to express our gratitude for the feedback. We hope to have you again in the future. Federico Espinal General Manager Tropical Princess Beach Resort and Spa
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
World Traveler
"Hotel needs a shot in the arm!"
The room we were given needed refurbishment big time. No body lotion or kleenex. Shower head only trickled water. In my room 3229, there might have been something nesting at the foot of the bed because my feet and ankles were covered with bites that itched like crazy. This is odd, as I never get bites. There was usually a wait for towels and the staff at the towel kiosk had an attitude…kind of lazy. Food was really good and pool lounges were comfy, but the bug problem was bad for me. The bartenders did not know how to make some drinks and the frozen drinks were not strong or potent like they are in Mexican resorts.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
World Traveler
"Mini Vacation"
The hotel staffs are very friendly. The hotel itself is very nice and clean on the outside. However, I am a little disappointed about our room. We were on the bottom floor and we can smell the mildew. The TV was outdated and there was no seating furniture in our room.
Response by Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback! We want to apologize for the conditions of the room that was assigned to you, please accepted our apologies. We are working to give you a better service. Hope this situation does not deterred you on coming once again to our hotel. Federico Espinal General Manager Tropical Princess Beach Resort and Spa
5 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
Very nice hotel, food excellent, rooms need a little maintenance, beds comfortable, I will recommend
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
"Wonderful Time!"
Me and my 4 daughters and 1 yr grandson had a very good time at this resort. There were many pools to choose from and the beach was close by. Food was good and a nice variety each day at the buffet. The restaurants required a reservation. We liked having the option of taking the shuttle to the lobby as it was a little distance away. Walkin the resort shows pretty landscape throught and beautiful trees. Staff was awesome. The rooms were outdated and had one tv in the 2 bedroom family suite. Live shows each nite.Overall we would go back.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Bek617
"Close to the beach! Friendly staff!"
Our room had air condition issue as at first but they fixed it on second day. Beds not comfortable and got bitten up on my feet in bed
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
"Of the many hotels, this I liked most"
I have stayed at 4 different hotels in the past month while visiting Punta Cana. This hotel was the best overall for food, room quality, facilities, hotel staff, etc. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone in the future.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
"Tolerable for 4 days"
Got "upgraded" according to the staff but personally I think it was a downgrade. We never received towels even when we asked for towels. Everything in the room was always wet. The vent in the bathroom constantly dripped and it was located over the toilet so you got a shower while going to the bathroom. The shower never got warm water. The room was outdated and the bed was on wheels. The bathroom was missing tiles and the "mini fridge" was a 1'X1' rusty fridge that was never got filled even when asked. We got water and soda the last day we were there. The food at the buffet was edible but not recommended. Spend the $11 extra dollars/pp and eat at the private restaurants or the Brazilian restaurant that's included in the stay. The excursions were excellent but the transportation was poor. You have to leave about 2 hours prior to the excursion because you have to pick up other passengers at multiple other resorts making it almost a full day affair when you're only expecting a 2-4 hour excursion. It was manageable for a 4 day vacation but any longer and it would have been difficult to tolerate between the lack of room accommodations and food.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Raffa
"Bad tour to this hotel"
I driver by myself from Santo Domingo to the hotel, use Google search the hotel name, go there, go to the wrong place, Because of the real name should be caribe......I use one more hour to find the hotel, during this time, I call hotel, their English So Bad, can not give me Any useful suggestion, with the help of few driver, I arrive! hotel room is clean, but real not King bed, balcony, all ,just normal room, with Bad smell! Food is normal,drink is OK, beach not clean, a lot black plant!
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Julian
"Nice Hotel overall. Few major room for improvement"
Overall, loved the hotel and staff. They were beyond friendly and accommodating. Beautiful views, gorgeous everything. The rooms were old but clean but we were only there to sleep so didn't need 5 star accommodations.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
"Nice for the price"
Hotel Lobby is nice, however once i checked in I HATED my room! It was old and run down with a horrible smell! I couldn't bare staying in that room for a week. I immediately called the front desk and requested a room change and that i would like a more modern updated room. Manager gave me NO problem i was upgraded to a 2 bedroom family room and it was beautiful! Clean with no odor. I did have few problems with housekeeping and receiving face cloths i had to call and request them it took 2 days to get them and then after that never got clean ones. Security and house keeping did bust into my room a few times once in the middle of the night while i was in bed with a whole family with them. NOT COOL! The rooms aren't very secure there is no second lock (chain lock or hatch) We also were on the 1st floor with a balcony with a door in bedroom that led to the balcony which also didn't have a secure lock. Didn't feel very safe. The restaurants besides the main buffet and the 1 near the beach all required reservations and some had additional fees. The food was VERY mediocre was not impressed at all. The bartenders at the swim up bar we great! Most staff was friendly for the most part. The Royal reps trying to sell time shares were very annoying being that they stood right outside my room and i had to pass them daily. Resort over all was pretty and the beach is beautiful. Overall I would return considering the price just remember you get what you pay for!
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Chic from CT
"Horrible"
Not was that i reseve, the service not was good, the hotel tha they put me was other than i think. Was a bad experience. I cant eat in the reataurant
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
jose
"disappointing vacation"
From arrival time to hotel problem started: first room assigned was 8x9 ft, without balcony with small window only and door (locked) I guess going to another, bigger room.I went to lobby asking for normal room with balcony and after some talks they did give me another one. This was normal size room with balcony , so after move we went to dinner. When we got back we found that AC is not working! It was late night and we were tired so we decided to turn on all the fans and went to sleep. Tomorrow morning I went again to lobby and cust. service give me another room in different building (it seems to me that they did now about AC problem but were waiting for my reaction) Now this room was OK. All I can say vacation started wrong way so I can't be happy about that! Food was OK, plenty of and variety in El Higuejo so we didn't go to another restorants. Stuff is very friendly and helpfull to some instance- as much as they can understand English. Few negative things: WI-FI is working strictly in lobby, no coffee maker in the room, no iron in the room so advice is take everything wrinkle free, and there is fee for safe, taking money ahead for whole stay.
Response by Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive
Dear Michael, We deeply appreciate the opportunity you took to express your opinions about the experience you had while at Tropical Princess and we assure you that we will be taking your feedback into consideration as we believe that there is always room for improvement. We appreciate the compliments towards our hotel and food; it is always good to learn that our clients were able to enjoy their vacations. In reference to the room, we truly regret about the conditions you encountered, however if this had been brought to our attention, we guarantee that this is something we would have solved within moments. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and be able to provide you the most unforgettable vacations at our hotel. Federico Espinal General Manager Tropical Princess Beach Resort and Spa
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"Very Very Nice."
Very nice and Beautiful. My experience was good very good. Hotles was nice and clean.
Response by Tropical Princess Beach Resort & Spa - All Inclusive
Dear Zandra, Thank you for taking the time to express your opinion about your stay here at Tropical Princess, we appreciated. It was very satisfying to know that you enjoyed all our services and that we were able to provide you an enjoyable stay. We hope that when returning to the Dominican Republic, you give us the opportunity to welcome you again at our resort. Federico Espinal General Manager Tropical Princess Beach Resort and Spa
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
Zandra
Food could be better
3 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Mohammad
"it was AWESOME!"
Punta Cana was awesome! stay in your resort, book tours through the resort, & you will be fine! I was surprise about the punctuality of everyone there...even the tours get there 10-15 minutes before pick up time, make sure you are early. The atmosphere is great, the daily shows were fun, but you must like to watch people dance. Buffet had a lot of variety! the food at the other two restaurants was great as well (must make reservations in advance when you get there)
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Bea
"first and last"
the hotel room was disgusting, lamps and ceiling fan broken, beds had stains on the, i complained several times about the room, I was gives 4 different sets of keys and I was asked to choose one, you would think that they all couldnt be bad but they were one after the other, I settled for one on the 4th floor and I have bad knees, a positive about the resort is the grounds were stunning, if they would upgrade there rooms it could be a 4star hotel easy thank you. Max from U.S.A
7 night family trip Aug 13, 2014
Max Hernandez
"Staff not very friendly, slow to respond"
The staff was a mixed group, friendly and courteous to down right unfriendly and disrespectful. We lost electricity in one room, took two days too long to repair. Lost AC in our second room, again it took half a day, through the night and until the next morning to repair. I would hesitate to recommend the Tropical Princess because of the inconsistencies we experienced.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
"Great food and Beach"
The hotel was nice. A great beach and 3 pools, a lot of activities for everyone. The food was very good (variety and quality), every night at the main restaurant they have a theme buffet menu (Spanish, French, Chinese, etc), which you can enjoy along with good music and wine. Also they have open restaurants/bars all day/night long. My kids really enjoyed the hotel: Besides the beach, teh children's playground, mini golf, bikes, tennis, archery, ping pong, pool tables and a kid's show. A casino and the "Areito" disco (one of the best in the area) are inside the hotel complex, you can go there (using a complementary shuttle) and part of the night the drinks are free
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Y
Beds are hard. Room keys constantly lose configuration and doors don't open. It happened to many guests. Staff claims it is related to cell phone proximity. We had no cell phones there. Beach is okay, not great. However, for the price and the all inclusive deal, you probably can't beat it.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"Family vacation August 2014"
Buyer beware! I ignored a lot of negative reviews, i wish i hadn't. Unfortunately they were accurate. The room smelled musty and moldy. I did't care that the rooms were old and worn. That didn't really seem like a big deal. The beds were rock hard, sleeping on the lounge chairs on the beach would have been more comfortable. Some staff members were engaging and others made me feel like I was gum on the bottom of their shoe. The buffet was ok. Same food day after day. Not everything was kept as cold or as hot as I felt it should have been. My husband and I both are still having issues with our stomachs. I could go on and on but I won't. Beautiful island but if we ever go back, I won't stay there. If you do, don't go on the shopping trip to plaza San Juan. Over priced garbage you could buy cheaper back home. For example- $23.00 for a bottle of sun screen.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
kim
"Hotel with beautiful beach and pools"
I stayed in resort 8 nights.Hotel has a beautiful beach with clerly water and many activities to do.Location is perfect.The resort is well mainteined .The room was quite nice,but bed was very uncomfortable.The buffet food was not so good.The evening show was great.However my experience was fine .
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
Krystyna
"It's a nice comfortable place,"
The hotel is a nice place to stay, offer many activities that are free and the food is very good. The staff was very efficient and pleasant.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Would not stay there again"
Was not told that there were only two restaurants that could be used during our whole stay and one of them was a very small one which you had to get on the list to eat at and you had to do that right at 8 a.m. or else you could not get a seat. Hard to get anywhere at 8 a.m. when you are on vacation. Ended up eating the same food for 4 days in the same restaurant. The room was not clean. When I told the front desk staff I was not happy with the situation, they said there was nothing they can do about it. Beaches were beautiful but hotel was not that great.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Odalys
"Is a nice hotel very secure."
We had fun, everything was ok. but the room had a leak. They came and pretended that fix it and later at night there were a couple more leaks. We wanted to complained but we were going to have fun not to have arguments on fighting for a better room. Then at the restaurants they gave us attitudes and been rases. But after all the inconvinience everything was great.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Biky
"Not bad, you get what you pay for."
If you're laid back and just looking for relax by the beach or pool, this resort is great. If you're looking for luxury and five star meals then you might wanna keep looking. It's right on the shore and there are plenty of beach chairs and umbrella huts however the disorganization was almost comical. They nearly never had clean beach towels, which, I guess, isn't a huge deal. We were never able to make reservations for the restaurants as they were always booked way in advance and the buffet food was not all that great. But the staff was awesome and we had a good time. All in all, I'd come back.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Grace
"Nice outdoors, poor room"
The hotel is located 25 min from the airport, it is right on the beach. I liked the fact that it was not too big and not too small at the same time. The reception staff could not be less efficient, taking forever to check in people and not being really helpful. However the animation staff and the service staff were much better. Sometimes a smile was missing but they were helping you fully and that is what matters. The outdoors were really great with beautiful gardens, nice pools and large beach that were taking care of. The beach has clear water and wind that makes it perfect. What I really did not like are the rooms. Mine was really outdated and furniture were damaged and poorly fixed. I would not say it was not clean but looking that bad does make you feel comfy. Few examples are the missing chain on the doors while the chain holder were there, no "do not disturb" sign, the tape on the switch, the really bad bathroom, dark with only 2 large towels and not even smaller ones, no bathroom rug, no toilet paper holders, old AC, old TV. They could have added some nice touches with decors and new shower curtains or newer bed cover to compensate the older side of the room but seems they did not care to invest. For a Princess hotel I was disappointed compared to the ones I have been in Mexico. Food was ok (depends on the theme of the buffet in fact) and excursion a bit pricy. Photographies are negociable.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Kessy
Really enjoyed our stay there. Staff is awesome! Would definitely stay there again
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Not good"
It wasnt very good. In the rooms there were no towels in the rooms. For a couple of days there was no hot water. No drinks.(soda mostly) the food was not cooked well. If we were to go to a restaurnt we had to book it 3-4 days before. To many bugs in the rooms. No entertament in tropical princess. If we were to get food to go to the pool or beach we couldn't take it out because there no paper plates)(mostly the weekends) when we had gone 3 year ago it was much better. More fun. There was no wifi in the lobby.it was also boring. In the lobby
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
s.e
"Not The Best...But Has Potential"
It was easy to see that this hotel was quite lovely in its day, but cleanliness, maintenance and attention to detail on property are clearly lacking now. The shower heads in our room trickled water from fewer than 1/4 of their openings -- fortunately the hand held wands worked much better. Both toilet paper holders were broken and unusable. The safe was not usable. Our two bedroom suite had connections for two televisions, but only one set in place. The beds were old and not very comfortable. The grounds were nicely landscaped but many of the water features were dry or scum covered. We tried to get pool/beach towels 5 times one day -- they were always "due in 30 minutes" but never arrived.
Ann
The first room we got had no hot water, the showers got flooded, the lock on the door that leads to the balcony was broken, the mini cooler was not cooling and the air conditioner did not go below 78F. We requested another room or to go to a different chain hotel and the answer was no, we are completely booked, without even checking. So the next day, I called Expedia to express my dissatisfaction and they were going to get in contact with the hotel to see what my options were. I approached the guest services sometime after and advised them that I contacted Expedia and all of a sudden they wanted to help. Eventually, we were able to get a different room. It wasn't the most clean room, but it did have the basic necessities, like hot water, working air conditioner, doors that lock, the mini cooler was working, etc. The service from the hotel staff was courteous however you need to come packed with a lot of patience. Because in order to get things done they take along time to help you. The towels were another issue. Those took a long time too. The food was great though.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014