All hotels in Madrid, Spain
Plaza Vazquez de Mella, 12, Madrid, Madrid, 28004, Spain, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great room"
Seriously one of the best values we've had. And quite romantic :)
2 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
Russell
"Good Location"
This hotel has a great location in the heart of the center of Madrid. The room was clean but unfortunately there was no good view from the window. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Ivo
"Lovely!"
Very nice, perefect location in the gay district. They just need coffee/tea in the rooms. Staff very nice and spoke English
3 night trip Mar 13, 2015
Keith
"Phenomenal!"
Four of us stayed in this hotel on a trip to Madrid and it was fantastic! It is perfectly located in the centre of the city, and all of the tourist sites are easy to reach on foot. The area around the hotel is very safe with lots of great bars and restaurants. The design of the hotel is quirky and funky and it has all the amenities you need including a fantastic rooftop bar. However, the best thing about the hotel is the staff, who go out of their way to make your stay and enjoyable one. If you are going to Madrid, stay here!
4 night trip with friends Jan 26, 2015
mark
"Fabulous hotel!"
Fabulous hotel right in the heart of Madrid's Chueca district
2 night trip Jan 16, 2015
Ian
"Room Mate Oscar"
Room was small and not the nicest in terms of décor. I had stayed here before and loved it hence my return. Rooms are a tad dated. Breakfast was ok nothing special. Cold Scrambled Eggs and juice not fresh, more like cordial.
3 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2014
"Great hotel, great location!!"
Hotel Oscar is a great boutique type hotel, the breakfast buffet is really good, rooms comfortable and nicely different your typical business type hotel. Location is fantastic in the main gay area of Madrid, all the bars are close to hand and it is in easy walking distance the Prado, Reina Sofia, Botanical Gardens, Caixa Forum and the Thyssen. Reasonable room rates given such a great location.
5 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Timothy
"Perfect for a Central Hotel"
The hotel was much better than what I expected for a three star hotel. I arrived early and my room wasn't available but I was able to upgrade to a suite which was available and was definitely worth the upgrade. The hotel was very central and within walking distance of many sites such as the Prado Museum and the Plaza Mayor. The only problem I had was the walls are very thin between the room and the corridor which could be quite noisy at night. Other than that I had a great stay at the hotel and will be back if I am staying in Madrid again.
4 night trip Nov 12, 2014
Derek
"2nd time around just as good"
Liked it so much when I stayed last yr I decided to stay here again.
5 night trip Oct 24, 2014
Lovely hotel experience, nice location and the staff are amazing. Its out of the popular tourist district which makes for a nicer experience without all the beggers and handbag sellers.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"Great location, nice room."
Perfect location for gay bars. Really close to Grand Via, would defo book again if going to Madrid.
3 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2014
Niall
I stayed with a friend in a twin bed room. The first room we saw was quite small so we upgraded for another 70 euro's for the 5 days to a really great room. The best thing about this hotel is the location. It's surrounded by great bars and places to eat, the Cheuca and Gran Via metro are 10 mins walk away.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"great hotel design and comfort"
Not only i found this hotel as an exclusive and innovative design , i found it very comfortable and superb service from the team ,especially from the reception team.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2014
petrides
"Great Hotel, maybe a touch expensive"
The Location and facilities were great. The room layout was a bit odd but it was fine (the basin is on the opposite tide of the room to the shower room. All in all it was a great place to stay but not sure it was amazing value for the €170 per night I paid. For €120 it would have been perfect.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Nothing Bad To Be Said"
This was my first stay in a Roommate Hotel, but it won't be my last. Oscar is centrally located, close to the Metro, with lots of great restaurants and tapa bars close by. The staff were incredibly friendly and seemed willing to bend over backwards to ensure I enjoyed my stay. The room was among the best I've seen, decorated in a very modern style with an uber comfortable bed. Was especially happy with the spacious shower that had a rainfall shower head. Thank you Oscar, I'll be back!
3 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2014
"Awesome location near Chueca station."
The room was great, it wasn't the cheapest room but worth the cost. The restaurant was a bit strange as they didn't really offer authentic Spanish food, but nice good and good quality. The area has a lot of Sushi and Japanese restaurants as well as tapas joints. Short stroll to Chueca metro station and Gran Via. Loads of bars around to have a good time.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
MJ
"Unbeatable location. Noise issues. OK shower."
If they give you a room by the lifts, just refuse it. After one night of no sleep due to noise I moved to a much better room. Showers in both rooms I had are very weak....just a dribble. Other than that, the location is as good as it gets. General condition of hotel is ok, not great, but the rates are correctly set.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
"not as nice as the pictures"
It was a very weird hotel. Good reception staff but weirdly made rooms, very very dark corridors, I was there in April and couldn't turn on the AC, on asking the reception staff they said it's not turned on from the mains yet and I could open the window. No conditioner in the bathroom.
2 night business trip Apr 7, 2014
bmitesh84
IN
"Great location in Chueca"
Nice hotel location and staff but the room had no view. A bit disappointing!
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
There are are so many great things about this hotel but especially the big comfy beds, its great location close to centre but in funky Chueca, but most importantly the staff who are the best I have EVER come across. I go to Madrid a lot and would not stay anywhere else.
6 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2014
M Todd
"an excellent modern experience in old Madrid"
The staff is very professional, friendly, and very helpful from the front desk team to breakfast restaurant. The rooms provide luxury and modernity with a twist of a warm minimalistic environment. I have to congratulate the management team of this property they know what they are doing Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to be back
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Humberto
"Amazing Hotel!"
The Oscar Room Mate is one of the overall best hotels that I have stayed in. The friendliness of the staff is overwhelming and they go far out of their way to help you, whether early check in, late check out, recommending places to eat, gyms to train or booking taxis. I have never come across such helpful and friendly staff. The only negative (if you call it that) is that the breakfast was not to my taste and not what I am accustomed to in the UK as it was highly orientated to continental Europe tastes. There were still options of hot and cold meats and cereal. The hotel is very centrally located within seconds of shops and a short 2 minute or so walk to Grand Via metro. I am looking forward to staying in this hotel again!
5 night trip with friends Dec 28, 2013
Daivd
"Great location and friendly staff"
I've stayed at Oscar on a couple of occasions and have enjoyed all of my stays. Perfectly central location too.
2 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2013
GS72
"Great fun"
The hotel is lovely with very nice staff in a great part of town. Would recommend it.
3 night romance trip Sep 22, 2013
Very poor customer service, these people had the worst attitude ever. We got charged for using the pool even if we were guests in the hotel. What a joke...When we asked them to speak to the manager they didn t bother to call us back
2 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2013
Service was friendly and informative. excellent bed and pillows. close to Gran Via and hop on/hop off bus and the Sunday flea market. Breakfast was very good and excellent service and smile from the guy who was in charge. We had a junior suite, while it was a huge room, one third of it was occupied by a huge snake like foam lounge which was totally impractical and one could not sit on it. The question is with some designer hotels, has the designer ever stayed in one ?
5 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"Room switch"
Nice 1st room but slight odour/air broken so swiftly and courteously moved to 2nd room. Problems solved. Nice staff. Breakfast lets the standard of the hotel down but that is the only reason I can think of that this is 3* instead of 4*. Recommended.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"I should of done my homework"
I had no idea it was a gay hotel. Nice but way too silver-screen for my liking
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
Rambo
"Fantastic Staying in Madrid"
Oh first i love it the Hotel , Staff were very Friendly and helpful . this is the place to be and stay with you like comfort , cleanliness , quality and good nightlife . the hotel is gay friendly located in the gay trendy neirboorhood of chueca , very close to all the gay bars , good restaurants , supermarkets and store . i will , definetly , definetly stay again in this Hotel , i meet amazing people there .
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
"Nice hotel. Decor a bit tired."
Room decor and general hotel appearance was a bit tired (only so noticeable because of minimalist hotel style). Staff were very friendly. Disappointing that pool costs extra - not particularly clear on the website.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
Leighroy
funky, friendly and phenomenal... if you go to Madrid stay here, the service is the best. I'm a wheelchair user and access was fine. The entrance is level, the lift will take a standard wheelchair and they have a room with a roll in shower.
4 night trip Jun 3, 2013
MT04BLU
"Modern stylish hotel"
Rooms modern and stylish however only criticism is the lack of privacy when using the bathroom as this only has a glass partition separating it from the bedroom.
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
"Great place to stay - very central"
I enjoyed my time at the Oscar. Friendly and efficient staff who were extremely helpful. The breakfast was nicely displayed and the buffet offered a great selection ranging from cooked breakfast foods to the more traditional continental style breakfast.
3 night trip May 9, 2013
"great spot but attention to detail please!"
Room Mate Oscar is in a lively and interesting part of Madrid close to good restaurants and bars. This is my 3rd time staying at this hotel. Their roof top pool and bar area is always, superb, however drinks are very expensive. On this stay, I found my room while yes standard room, to be just ok. Yes clean and tidy but the decor becoming very dated, beds hard and the bathroom set up and condition was terrible. Fixtures and fittings in the bathroom were in poor condition and when showering water floods the floor! This cannot be helped as the curtain is hung badly, this has led to very bad water damage to the door and surounds of the walls. Also the hallways are terribly dark! I realise there are motion sensors in the hallways but even when they come on its still far too dark and badly lit to allow you to see well! Food in the hotels restaurant is just ok, I expect much better for a trendy hotel like this. Overall, a pleasant hotel in a good location to bars, restaurants, nightlife and shopping but a few little things left me a tad dissappointed this time.
Other trip May 8, 2013
Jamie
"Nice, but a bit worn..."
it's an ok hotel - faultless location (even if taxi drivers can't find always find it!). The staff are lovely, but the room was a bit shabby: shower leaked, fixtures broken, threadbare covers etc. It was ok - but I thought it was expensive given the quality.
2 night business trip Apr 3, 2013
"Lovely trip"
I recently came back from a short break In Madrid with my two year old. We had a lovely time and enjoyed our stay at the room mate Oscar. We were made to feel very welcome. The cot was brand new and very clean. Thank you. It's actually still brand new as little one decided to sleep with me in the big bed. The food at breakfast was gorgeous. I wish my trip had been longer. I would definitely stay there again if I ever return to Madrid. The location was perfect. I felt really safe as a single wiman with my little one. It's so close to the main areas. Fab little trip. Thank you room mate Oscar. I will be seeking out your sister hotels in other cities in future.
2 night family trip Mar 25, 2013
"Great trendy hotel"
The service provided by the hotel staff was excellent and any request we had was dealt with in a professional and quick way. Room was very spacious for being in the middle of the centre and price quality ratio is really high. Would recommend this to anyone who plans a citybreak to Madrid.
Other trip Mar 26, 2013
Klaus
"Great Location!"
I stayed in two rooms. Room 410 is big, the bathroom is good, but instead of a king bed it has two single beds together. I was on my own so it was okay. Room 109 has a king bed; but the room is smaller and the shower has one of those half way glasses/curtains that keep you cold and get the whole bathroom floor wet. Unfortunately this is typical in Europe. Location was great, lots of restaurants and bars around and metro gran via just two blocks away.
Other trip Mar 24, 2013
"Good Times in MD"
Nice Hotel, well location, excellent Service and Awesome Staff... Tamara and Daniel are always willing to take care of anything you need... I had a great experience on this Stay....
Other trip Nov 25, 2012
Dennis
"well located well run hotel"
Nice experience
3 night trip with friends Nov 15, 2012
"Modern but not prententious..."
Modern, fantastic location and the staff were excellent, particularly the receptionists. We had a slight problem with the level of noise on our first night, we were staying on the top floor, and the people leaving the rooftop bar were particularly noisy. We would not have minded as we are 21 & 24 ourselves, but my wife is pregnant and didn't have a great sleep which she needed. However, the staff were very accommodating and helpful with our dilemma and moved us, no questions asked, and even moved our belongings for us, ready in the new room when we arrived from our sightseeing tour. Really clean, fresh, modern rooms, 2 minutes away from the commercial centre of Madrid and fantastic people, well done Oscar! We will see you within the next few months!
Other trip Sep 24, 2012

"Peu mieux faire"
Attention les enfants de moins de 14 ans n'ont pas le droit à la piscine. A l'accueil on nous dit que c'est sur le site internet indiqué clairement. Faux !! Il faut cliquer sur télécharger les tarifs de la piscine !!! Pour notre part je n'ai pas cliqué dessus car je savais bien que les tarifs ne seraient pas prohibitifs. Malgré ma remarque, l'hôtel considère que le site internet est clair. Il devrait rajouter "tarifs et conditions"!! Donc attention De plus étant des fins gastronomes, le petit déjeuner est très limite.... Jus d'orange a la machine très mauvais, jamon pas iberico, tortilla aux œufs en bidon etc... Pour le reste l'hôtel est génial, chambre, entrée lieu etc
3 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
stephane
FR
Vi har haft en toppen vistelse i Madrid, Hotelets läge hel perfekt. När till allt, bra nattliv med många bra restauranger inom 5 minuter.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Karin
SE
"Bon hôtel, bon emplacement, attention au bruit"
Bon hôtel. La chambre, spacieuse, joliment décorée était très propre. L'emplacement est idéal pour visiter les principaux sites de Madrid, pour le shopping ou les sorties. Attention cependant pour ceux qui cherchent de la tranquillité, la terrasse sur le toit attire un nombreux public dès 18 heures et jusqu'à une heure avancée : bruit, difficulté à accéder aux ascenseurs, ou même à la dite terrasse !! Les chambres proches de l'ascenseur semblent également mal insonorisées. J'étais un couche-tard mais cela pourrait constituer pour d'autres un problème.
6 night trip Jun 3, 2015
Christophe
FR
"Madrid"
Toppen hotell med otroligt bra läge och en tak terass som slår det mesta.
3 night trip Jun 18, 2015
SE
"Virkelig godt til prisen"
Super lækkert hotel. God service fra personalet. Placeret godt ift. shopping, metro, restauranter og bar/café. Rigtig god morgenmadsbuffet. FED tagterrasse, dog kunne man ikke benytte poolen i starten af Juni. Det er ikke sidste gang jeg benytter dette hotel.
3 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
Bettina Dion
DK
"Recomendo!"
Já sabia que era bem localizado, num lugar seguro, perto da Gran Via e seu metrô. O que mais me chamou a atenção foi a gentileza e presteza no atendimento. Café da manhã variado e farto e com boa música. Quartos modernos (só incomodam as lâmpadas quentes). Tem uma descolada terrazza baladinha
8 night family trip May 12, 2015
3 night romance trip May 13, 2015
Anders Bay
DK
"Juste parfait!"
Un séjour très agréable dans cet hôtel idéalement situé: à deux pas de Gran Via, à quelques minutes à pied de l'arrêt Cibeles de l'autobus express de l'aéroport, à proximité d'une foule de bars, restaurants, boutiques, tout pour passer un moment parfait. Personnel extrêmement aimable. Ne pas oublier d'aller prendre un verre sur la terrasse au coucher du soleil - ou plus tard en soirée. Mais si vous êtes au 7e étage, la foule des clients qui vont à la terrasse et en partent jusqu'à fort tard peut être un peu dérangeant... Quoi qu'il en soit un hôtel où je reviendrai avec plaisir!
4 night romance trip May 7, 2015
Zino
CH
"Bra beliggenhet og hyggelig betjening"
Helgebesøk med kjæresten. Veldig hyggelig betjening, rent rom og hyggelig område med masse spisemuligheter og shopping ikke langt unna. Fin bar på toppen av bygget. Fikk ikke sjekket ut basseng. Mulig de ikke hadde åpnet ennå. Anbefales! Ps-litt mye støy fra bar for oss som bodde i 7 etg, men har godt sovehjerte. Ok frokost. Kunne vært noe bedre utvalg, men nok av sitteplasser og fin utsikt over plassen utenfor hotellet.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015