All hotels in Madrid, Spain

Bar is awesome
    Ordinary pool
    Ordinary amenities

"Wonderful rooms!"
Great breakfast. Bicely decorated rooms.
3 night trip Oct 17, 2015
Hanif
SG
"Avoid the bar unless you're a VIP...!"
The staff are very helpful there, but not very well organised. We asked to move rooms as the noise from the lift was keeping us awake, they did this without any hassle, but gave us a room that was already occupied by someone. So when we entered the new room, there was the occupiers property there (ipad, phone etc). It was fortunate that they weren't in the room and had not just come out of the shower or doing something else personal!! So that was a bit much, also the bar is very nice if you're a VIP. We went up there one evening and saw some nice comfy chairs by the pool. We were informed that we wasn't allowed to sit on them as we weren't "VIPs". We had to make do with plastic chairs! Needless to say we told the guy there what we thought and left. So all in all it's a nice enough place, but could be a lot better without much effort.
2 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
Robin
"Weekend in Madrid"
Very nice hotel, great staff, great location, fantastic terrace. Only drawback is the bathroom: really small and difficult to use...
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
Francesco
Disappointed being informed it would be an extra 30 Euro a day to use the pool when this was not mentioned on the website and was reason I had selected this hotel over another.
2 night trip Sep 2, 2015
"Don't think I would stay here again"
It's hotel has a very modern feel and is comfortable for the most part. However, some small details fit the style of the hotel but suffer with respect to function. For example, it's difficult to tell whether or not the faucets are set to hot or cold, the light switches didn't function properly, there's no light above the bathroom mirror and as a result it is quite dark for shaving or fixing your hair. On the other hand, the wifi works very well. The staff are friendly. The rooftop bar has great drinks however, you have to pay a fee to use the pool. This angered me given that the photos of the pool helped to sell me on the hotel. The dim coloured lighting in the hallways and elevator is cool at first, but after a while it has you begging for someone to turn the light on. Also, the carpet in the hallway was quite dirty. The location was great.
3 night romance trip Aug 17, 2015
Ian
Friendly helpfull staff. Have to pay to use sun beds and pool area on roof 25 euros per day ( bit of a con) Rooms very nice and modern
2 night trip Aug 15, 2015
Shaun
"Really good location, easy walk to most places."
Clean rooms, a bit nosisy on the 7th floor with late night rooftop party folks. Awesome staff!
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
chris
"Perfect Room Mate."
I had a perfect two night stay at Room Mate Oscar. I love the location and the vibe at the hotel is fantastic. I love the pool and the bar on the roof for a night cap. The rooms are very comfortable and very quiet. I will be back!
2 night trip Jul 20, 2015
Ian
"Can't beat the location and great value for price"
If you want to be central to it all, look no further than this hotel. It is within walking distance to all the major sites and clubs at night. Upon check-in, I was given the opportunity to upgrade to a premium room. Do it. It was worth the extra 15 EUR as the room was twice the size with a proper desk and seating area. Note that the front hotel desk staff is always on the upsell. They will nickel and dime you for everything so be on the alert. One front desk person, Angel (I think that's his name), was incredibly rude and unprofessional to the point where printing out a receipt seemed to be of the upmost burden. Would probably reconsider if looking for better service the next time I'm in Madrid.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
Josh
"Perfect location with great views and pool."
Had a bit of trouble with our room but the staff were very accommodating and upgraded us. The hotel is in a perfect location close to shopping and transport. The views and pool from the terrace are amazing.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
Kara
A most enjoyable stay. The hotel is in a great location for exploring Madrid. Super friendly and helpful staff, a quiet comfortable room, clean, air-conditioned! The roof-top bar is ideal for watching the sunset with a cocktail!
2 night trip Jun 24, 2015
"One of the best..."
Super hotel, amazing location, extra helpful staff, trendy, chic, perfect air con, great wi-fi. Very hard to fault and I would mention faults if I found them. Pity the design precludes balconies because that was the only feature I felt I was missing out on. Otherwise perfect...
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
Walter
"4 night stay with girlfriend"
I stayed here with a friend/girlfriend for 4 nights. Overall it was a good hotel. The staff at reception was very helpful and customer friendly. The room we stayed in was a standard room which was big enough but no view which was expected for a standard. It was expensive for the money I payed but I did pay top rate which was around £100 a night as it was a late booking. One issue we had when staying here was the card system to open the doors and use the lift. We went through numerous cards in our 4 nights and had to go to reception to get them reconfigured/reissued as they always stopped working which was annoying. The swimming pool balcony was very expensive, A small bottle of beer costs 7 euro and the bar tenders were well below the acceptable standard during the day. I would probably go as far to say the worst service I have experienced. They didn't know how much things costs, didn't know how to use the till/machine, they forgot to give me my change. At one point I was the only person at the bar and it took them over 20 mins to serve me. The room wifi connection was very good and you have your own wifi password/login given to you at reception. The cleaners do a very good job and even if you get up late and don't leave your room until the afternoon after a heavy night they still wait to clean your room. The location is very good and your on top of everything in the center of Madrid Overall I would recommend this hotel if you can get it at a good rate for a short stay
4 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
Charlie
"Modern Hotel in the City Centre"
We had never been to Madrid before and decided on Room Mate Oscar due to its price, location and pool/bar on top. It was a great decision. Travel from the airport was easy, we used the Refinha line from Terminal 4 (free bus outside Terminal 1), half hour journey into the city centre (option of trains and stations), 15 min walk from the station and we was there. Location was fantastic, 5 minute walk to the main centre of Madrid (Grand Via) but also close to local bars and restaurants. We was welcomed straight away at the modern looking hotel by friendly English speaking staff (although i tried my poor Spanish first). We were on the 4th floor which had no issues with noise or the use of the 2 lifts. Wifi throughout the hotel was very good even on the the rooftop bar/pool area. Throughout the stay all staff were friendly and helped us whenever we needed them. The area around the hotel is not overly touristy which i found was perfect, some great little bars, (who fed you Tapas non stop for free when you by drinks, (Bar Tigre) or some open air ones in the plaza opposite. A 5/10 minute walk got you into the main centre of Madrid where there was shops, casino :) and the metro for getting slightly further a field. I recommend the main park (Retiro), Thyssen Bornemisza Museum and the Santiago Bernabeu all in easy distance by walking or Metro. If you want to experience the real Madrid life with a bit of comfort at a good price i would recommend Room Mate Oscar
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
3lbbass
I had to put up with 2 sleepless nights. The room was noisy with roof top bar
3 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
Amit
Great location , lovely hotel, breakfast worth including in your booking as a good selection , rooftop bar a little expensive though!
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
"All good but..."
Overall, I had a good experience. The hotel is very centrally located and close to lots of attractions. Also, the Chueca area is thriving and a cool place to make a base in Madrid. The only downside was not counting with room service and that showers are not very comfortable. Also, it would be a good idea to have tighter security especially after 2 am as teh neighborhood can be ab it tricky.
3 night business trip May 20, 2015
Javier
MX
"Mate Oscar"
Nice hotel
2 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"BUSINESS TRIP"
It was an excellent experience staying in this hotel,
3 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
ALI
Good hotel, modern, very central A little bit massive though and the staff kind of indifferent Nice terrace
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Greg
Was very good experience
3 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
AHMED
"Wonderful"
Great hotel, wonderful staff, perfect location.. I always as stay here when in Madrid and you should too!
2 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2015
mark
"Great room"
Seriously one of the best values we've had. And quite romantic :)
2 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
Russell
"Good Location"
This hotel has a great location in the heart of the center of Madrid. The room was clean but unfortunately there was no good view from the window. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Ivo
"Lovely!"
Very nice, perefect location in the gay district. They just need coffee/tea in the rooms. Staff very nice and spoke English
3 night trip Mar 13, 2015
Keith
"Phenomenal!"
Four of us stayed in this hotel on a trip to Madrid and it was fantastic! It is perfectly located in the centre of the city, and all of the tourist sites are easy to reach on foot. The area around the hotel is very safe with lots of great bars and restaurants. The design of the hotel is quirky and funky and it has all the amenities you need including a fantastic rooftop bar. However, the best thing about the hotel is the staff, who go out of their way to make your stay and enjoyable one. If you are going to Madrid, stay here!
4 night trip with friends Jan 26, 2015
mark
"Fabulous hotel!"
Fabulous hotel right in the heart of Madrid's Chueca district
2 night trip Jan 16, 2015
"Room Mate Oscar"
Room was small and not the nicest in terms of décor. I had stayed here before and loved it hence my return. Rooms are a tad dated. Breakfast was ok nothing special. Cold Scrambled Eggs and juice not fresh, more like cordial.
3 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2014
"Great hotel, great location!!"
Hotel Oscar is a great boutique type hotel, the breakfast buffet is really good, rooms comfortable and nicely different your typical business type hotel. Location is fantastic in the main gay area of Madrid, all the bars are close to hand and it is in easy walking distance the Prado, Reina Sofia, Botanical Gardens, Caixa Forum and the Thyssen. Reasonable room rates given such a great location.
5 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Timothy
"Perfect for a Central Hotel"
The hotel was much better than what I expected for a three star hotel. I arrived early and my room wasn't available but I was able to upgrade to a suite which was available and was definitely worth the upgrade. The hotel was very central and within walking distance of many sites such as the Prado Museum and the Plaza Mayor. The only problem I had was the walls are very thin between the room and the corridor which could be quite noisy at night. Other than that I had a great stay at the hotel and will be back if I am staying in Madrid again.
4 night trip Nov 12, 2014
Derek
"2nd time around just as good"
Liked it so much when I stayed last yr I decided to stay here again.
5 night trip Oct 24, 2014
Lovely hotel experience, nice location and the staff are amazing. Its out of the popular tourist district which makes for a nicer experience without all the beggers and handbag sellers.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"Great location, nice room."
Perfect location for gay bars. Really close to Grand Via, would defo book again if going to Madrid.
3 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2014
Niall
I stayed with a friend in a twin bed room. The first room we saw was quite small so we upgraded for another 70 euro's for the 5 days to a really great room. The best thing about this hotel is the location. It's surrounded by great bars and places to eat, the Cheuca and Gran Via metro are 10 mins walk away.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"great hotel design and comfort"
Not only i found this hotel as an exclusive and innovative design , i found it very comfortable and superb service from the team ,especially from the reception team.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2014
petrides
"Great Hotel, maybe a touch expensive"
The Location and facilities were great. The room layout was a bit odd but it was fine (the basin is on the opposite tide of the room to the shower room. All in all it was a great place to stay but not sure it was amazing value for the €170 per night I paid. For €120 it would have been perfect.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Nothing Bad To Be Said"
This was my first stay in a Roommate Hotel, but it won't be my last. Oscar is centrally located, close to the Metro, with lots of great restaurants and tapa bars close by. The staff were incredibly friendly and seemed willing to bend over backwards to ensure I enjoyed my stay. The room was among the best I've seen, decorated in a very modern style with an uber comfortable bed. Was especially happy with the spacious shower that had a rainfall shower head. Thank you Oscar, I'll be back!
3 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2014
"Awesome location near Chueca station."
The room was great, it wasn't the cheapest room but worth the cost. The restaurant was a bit strange as they didn't really offer authentic Spanish food, but nice good and good quality. The area has a lot of Sushi and Japanese restaurants as well as tapas joints. Short stroll to Chueca metro station and Gran Via. Loads of bars around to have a good time.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
MJ
"Unbeatable location. Noise issues. OK shower."
If they give you a room by the lifts, just refuse it. After one night of no sleep due to noise I moved to a much better room. Showers in both rooms I had are very weak....just a dribble. Other than that, the location is as good as it gets. General condition of hotel is ok, not great, but the rates are correctly set.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
"not as nice as the pictures"
It was a very weird hotel. Good reception staff but weirdly made rooms, very very dark corridors, I was there in April and couldn't turn on the AC, on asking the reception staff they said it's not turned on from the mains yet and I could open the window. No conditioner in the bathroom.
2 night business trip Apr 7, 2014
bmitesh84
IN
"Great location in Chueca"
Nice hotel location and staff but the room had no view. A bit disappointing!
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Jeanette
There are are so many great things about this hotel but especially the big comfy beds, its great location close to centre but in funky Chueca, but most importantly the staff who are the best I have EVER come across. I go to Madrid a lot and would not stay anywhere else.
6 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2014
M Todd
"an excellent modern experience in old Madrid"
The staff is very professional, friendly, and very helpful from the front desk team to breakfast restaurant. The rooms provide luxury and modernity with a twist of a warm minimalistic environment. I have to congratulate the management team of this property they know what they are doing Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to be back
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Humberto
"Amazing Hotel!"
The Oscar Room Mate is one of the overall best hotels that I have stayed in. The friendliness of the staff is overwhelming and they go far out of their way to help you, whether early check in, late check out, recommending places to eat, gyms to train or booking taxis. I have never come across such helpful and friendly staff. The only negative (if you call it that) is that the breakfast was not to my taste and not what I am accustomed to in the UK as it was highly orientated to continental Europe tastes. There were still options of hot and cold meats and cereal. The hotel is very centrally located within seconds of shops and a short 2 minute or so walk to Grand Via metro. I am looking forward to staying in this hotel again!
5 night trip with friends Dec 28, 2013
Daivd
"Great location and friendly staff"
I've stayed at Oscar on a couple of occasions and have enjoyed all of my stays. Perfectly central location too.
2 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2013
GS72
"Great fun"
The hotel is lovely with very nice staff in a great part of town. Would recommend it.
3 night romance trip Sep 22, 2013
Very poor customer service, these people had the worst attitude ever. We got charged for using the pool even if we were guests in the hotel. What a joke...When we asked them to speak to the manager they didn t bother to call us back
2 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2013
Service was friendly and informative. excellent bed and pillows. close to Gran Via and hop on/hop off bus and the Sunday flea market. Breakfast was very good and excellent service and smile from the guy who was in charge. We had a junior suite, while it was a huge room, one third of it was occupied by a huge snake like foam lounge which was totally impractical and one could not sit on it. The question is with some designer hotels, has the designer ever stayed in one ?
5 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"Room switch"
Nice 1st room but slight odour/air broken so swiftly and courteously moved to 2nd room. Problems solved. Nice staff. Breakfast lets the standard of the hotel down but that is the only reason I can think of that this is 3* instead of 4*. Recommended.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"I should of done my homework"
I had no idea it was a gay hotel. Nice but way too silver-screen for my liking
Other trip Aug 24, 2013