All hotels in Madrid, Spain
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights herePlaza Vazquez de Mella, 12, Madrid, Madrid, 28004, Spain, ‏‎800-491-6126

"great hotel design and comfort"
Not only i found this hotel as an exclusive and innovative design , i found it very comfortable and superb service from the team ,especially from the reception team.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2014
petrides
"Great Hotel, maybe a touch expensive"
The Location and facilities were great. The room layout was a bit odd but it was fine (the basin is on the opposite tide of the room to the shower room. All in all it was a great place to stay but not sure it was amazing value for the €170 per night I paid. For €120 it would have been perfect.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Nothing Bad To Be Said"
This was my first stay in a Roommate Hotel, but it won't be my last. Oscar is centrally located, close to the Metro, with lots of great restaurants and tapa bars close by. The staff were incredibly friendly and seemed willing to bend over backwards to ensure I enjoyed my stay. The room was among the best I've seen, decorated in a very modern style with an uber comfortable bed. Was especially happy with the spacious shower that had a rainfall shower head. Thank you Oscar, I'll be back!
3 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2014
"Awesome location near Chueca station."
The room was great, it wasn't the cheapest room but worth the cost. The restaurant was a bit strange as they didn't really offer authentic Spanish food, but nice good and good quality. The area has a lot of Sushi and Japanese restaurants as well as tapas joints. Short stroll to Chueca metro station and Gran Via. Loads of bars around to have a good time.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
MJ
"Unbeatable location. Noise issues. OK shower."
If they give you a room by the lifts, just refuse it. After one night of no sleep due to noise I moved to a much better room. Showers in both rooms I had are very weak....just a dribble. Other than that, the location is as good as it gets. General condition of hotel is ok, not great, but the rates are correctly set.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
"not as nice as the pictures"
It was a very weird hotel. Good reception staff but weirdly made rooms, very very dark corridors, I was there in April and couldn't turn on the AC, on asking the reception staff they said it's not turned on from the mains yet and I could open the window. No conditioner in the bathroom.
2 night business trip Apr 7, 2014
bmitesh84
IN
"Great location in Chueca"
Nice hotel location and staff but the room had no view. A bit disappointing!
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
There are are so many great things about this hotel but especially the big comfy beds, its great location close to centre but in funky Chueca, but most importantly the staff who are the best I have EVER come across. I go to Madrid a lot and would not stay anywhere else.
6 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2014
M Todd
"an excellent modern experience in old Madrid"
The staff is very professional, friendly, and very helpful from the front desk team to breakfast restaurant. The rooms provide luxury and modernity with a twist of a warm minimalistic environment. I have to congratulate the management team of this property they know what they are doing Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to be back
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Humberto
"Amazing Hotel!"
The Oscar Room Mate is one of the overall best hotels that I have stayed in. The friendliness of the staff is overwhelming and they go far out of their way to help you, whether early check in, late check out, recommending places to eat, gyms to train or booking taxis. I have never come across such helpful and friendly staff. The only negative (if you call it that) is that the breakfast was not to my taste and not what I am accustomed to in the UK as it was highly orientated to continental Europe tastes. There were still options of hot and cold meats and cereal. The hotel is very centrally located within seconds of shops and a short 2 minute or so walk to Grand Via metro. I am looking forward to staying in this hotel again!
5 night trip with friends Dec 28, 2013
Daivd
"Great location and friendly staff"
I've stayed at Oscar on a couple of occasions and have enjoyed all of my stays. Perfectly central location too.
2 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2013
GS72
"Great fun"
The hotel is lovely with very nice staff in a great part of town. Would recommend it.
3 night romance trip Sep 22, 2013
Very poor customer service, these people had the worst attitude ever. We got charged for using the pool even if we were guests in the hotel. What a joke...When we asked them to speak to the manager they didn t bother to call us back
2 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2013
Service was friendly and informative. excellent bed and pillows. close to Gran Via and hop on/hop off bus and the Sunday flea market. Breakfast was very good and excellent service and smile from the guy who was in charge. We had a junior suite, while it was a huge room, one third of it was occupied by a huge snake like foam lounge which was totally impractical and one could not sit on it. The question is with some designer hotels, has the designer ever stayed in one ?
5 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"Room switch"
Nice 1st room but slight odour/air broken so swiftly and courteously moved to 2nd room. Problems solved. Nice staff. Breakfast lets the standard of the hotel down but that is the only reason I can think of that this is 3* instead of 4*. Recommended.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"I should of done my homework"
I had no idea it was a gay hotel. Nice but way too silver-screen for my liking
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
Rambo
"Fantastic Staying in Madrid"
Oh first i love it the Hotel , Staff were very Friendly and helpful . this is the place to be and stay with you like comfort , cleanliness , quality and good nightlife . the hotel is gay friendly located in the gay trendy neirboorhood of chueca , very close to all the gay bars , good restaurants , supermarkets and store . i will , definetly , definetly stay again in this Hotel , i meet amazing people there .
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
"Nice hotel. Decor a bit tired."
Room decor and general hotel appearance was a bit tired (only so noticeable because of minimalist hotel style). Staff were very friendly. Disappointing that pool costs extra - not particularly clear on the website.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
Leighroy
funky, friendly and phenomenal... if you go to Madrid stay here, the service is the best. I'm a wheelchair user and access was fine. The entrance is level, the lift will take a standard wheelchair and they have a room with a roll in shower.
4 night trip Jun 3, 2013
MT04BLU
"Modern stylish hotel"
Rooms modern and stylish however only criticism is the lack of privacy when using the bathroom as this only has a glass partition separating it from the bedroom.
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
"Great place to stay - very central"
I enjoyed my time at the Oscar. Friendly and efficient staff who were extremely helpful. The breakfast was nicely displayed and the buffet offered a great selection ranging from cooked breakfast foods to the more traditional continental style breakfast.
3 night trip May 9, 2013
"great spot but attention to detail please!"
Room Mate Oscar is in a lively and interesting part of Madrid close to good restaurants and bars. This is my 3rd time staying at this hotel. Their roof top pool and bar area is always, superb, however drinks are very expensive. On this stay, I found my room while yes standard room, to be just ok. Yes clean and tidy but the decor becoming very dated, beds hard and the bathroom set up and condition was terrible. Fixtures and fittings in the bathroom were in poor condition and when showering water floods the floor! This cannot be helped as the curtain is hung badly, this has led to very bad water damage to the door and surounds of the walls. Also the hallways are terribly dark! I realise there are motion sensors in the hallways but even when they come on its still far too dark and badly lit to allow you to see well! Food in the hotels restaurant is just ok, I expect much better for a trendy hotel like this. Overall, a pleasant hotel in a good location to bars, restaurants, nightlife and shopping but a few little things left me a tad dissappointed this time.
Other trip May 8, 2013
Jamie
"Nice, but a bit worn..."
it's an ok hotel - faultless location (even if taxi drivers can't find always find it!). The staff are lovely, but the room was a bit shabby: shower leaked, fixtures broken, threadbare covers etc. It was ok - but I thought it was expensive given the quality.
2 night business trip Apr 3, 2013
"Lovely trip"
I recently came back from a short break In Madrid with my two year old. We had a lovely time and enjoyed our stay at the room mate Oscar. We were made to feel very welcome. The cot was brand new and very clean. Thank you. It's actually still brand new as little one decided to sleep with me in the big bed. The food at breakfast was gorgeous. I wish my trip had been longer. I would definitely stay there again if I ever return to Madrid. The location was perfect. I felt really safe as a single wiman with my little one. It's so close to the main areas. Fab little trip. Thank you room mate Oscar. I will be seeking out your sister hotels in other cities in future.
2 night family trip Mar 25, 2013
"Great trendy hotel"
The service provided by the hotel staff was excellent and any request we had was dealt with in a professional and quick way. Room was very spacious for being in the middle of the centre and price quality ratio is really high. Would recommend this to anyone who plans a citybreak to Madrid.
Other trip Mar 26, 2013
Klaus
"Great Location!"
I stayed in two rooms. Room 410 is big, the bathroom is good, but instead of a king bed it has two single beds together. I was on my own so it was okay. Room 109 has a king bed; but the room is smaller and the shower has one of those half way glasses/curtains that keep you cold and get the whole bathroom floor wet. Unfortunately this is typical in Europe. Location was great, lots of restaurants and bars around and metro gran via just two blocks away.
Other trip Mar 24, 2013
"Good Times in MD"
Nice Hotel, well location, excellent Service and Awesome Staff... Tamara and Daniel are always willing to take care of anything you need... I had a great experience on this Stay....
Other trip Nov 25, 2012
Dennis
"well located well run hotel"
Nice experience
3 night trip with friends Nov 15, 2012
"Modern but not prententious..."
Modern, fantastic location and the staff were excellent, particularly the receptionists. We had a slight problem with the level of noise on our first night, we were staying on the top floor, and the people leaving the rooftop bar were particularly noisy. We would not have minded as we are 21 & 24 ourselves, but my wife is pregnant and didn't have a great sleep which she needed. However, the staff were very accommodating and helpful with our dilemma and moved us, no questions asked, and even moved our belongings for us, ready in the new room when we arrived from our sightseeing tour. Really clean, fresh, modern rooms, 2 minutes away from the commercial centre of Madrid and fantastic people, well done Oscar! We will see you within the next few months!
Other trip Sep 24, 2012
Unfortunately I didn't have the best of stays. Other comments rate the hotel highly as such I may have been unlucky. On arrival having been told of the hotel rooftop pool & bar I headed straight there. Having ordered a drink from a rather "relaxed" member of staff who was enjoying a conversation with a client I was asked had I paid to join for the day? As I hadn't I said so and was told that it didnt matter any way as the club was full. Strangely on looking round only 2 tables of about 10 were occupied and there were a number of loungers also vacant! Maybe I just wasn't cool enough! Deciding to complain I was then left at reception for circa 7 minutes whilst one receptionist was on the phone and another 2 were back of house. Annoyingly though one kept looking at me from the doorway but preferred to speak with their colleague. What infuriated me was wen the phone rang he immediately raced to it, blanking me, and began a chat he seemed to enjoy. Later that evening when the air con in my room failed I decided enough was enough and left the hotel for the lounge of another hotel. I was disappointed as business takes me to Madrid frequently and was looking for a regular stay.
1 night business trip Jul 12, 2012
Johnson
"VIP party only detraction on a nice stay"
Nice stay at the Room Mate Oscar after the VIP party, I think for some new liquor product was over. Was required to show identification to enter the hotel, which we thought was odd, as there was this security guard with a guest list. Getting in the hotel, realized why. So many people going to the rooftop that using the lift was impossible, so had to walk up and down the stairs or queue for 10 minutes. Fortunately the second day, there was no special VIP party for booze, and the hotel was much better, and the service was much better.
3 night trip with friends Jun 25, 2012
Great hotel, great location. Staff speak excellent English and and very helpful and friendly.
3 night trip Jun 21, 2012
S
"Stay here!"
Great location great staff great room. Couldn't fault it
Other trip Jun 15, 2012
"Great location and service"
It was our experience that Room Mate Oscar is staffed by very friendly and helpful representatives. Rooms are not equipped with an iron but after calling Reception one was brought within 5 minutes - very impressive based on my experience with North American hotels. Also, they happily telephoned restaurants to make reservations for my party. The location of this hotel is great, near everything and a block from the Gran Via (including the Gran Via Metro station). A close look at the rooms and furnishings indicates that they are somewhat whethered rather than sparkling new. The only disappointment was the room layout: A tiny window with no view, leaving the room fairly dark. I had a strong feeling that they reserved the less attractive rooms for people who booked on discount websites like hotels.com, as our friends had a similar experience.
3 night trip May 18, 2012
Philip

"Fantastisk tagterrasse"
Fantastisk tagterrasse
3 night romance trip May 13, 2015
Anders Bay
DK
"Juste parfait!"
Un séjour très agréable dans cet hôtel idéalement situé: à deux pas de Gran Via, à quelques minutes à pied de l'arrêt Cibeles de l'autobus express de l'aéroport, à proximité d'une foule de bars, restaurants, boutiques, tout pour passer un moment parfait. Personnel extrêmement aimable. Ne pas oublier d'aller prendre un verre sur la terrasse au coucher du soleil - ou plus tard en soirée. Mais si vous êtes au 7e étage, la foule des clients qui vont à la terrasse et en partent jusqu'à fort tard peut être un peu dérangeant... Quoi qu'il en soit un hôtel où je reviendrai avec plaisir!
4 night romance trip May 7, 2015
Zino
CH
"Bra beliggenhet og hyggelig betjening"
Helgebesøk med kjæresten. Veldig hyggelig betjening, rent rom og hyggelig område med masse spisemuligheter og shopping ikke langt unna. Fin bar på toppen av bygget. Fikk ikke sjekket ut basseng. Mulig de ikke hadde åpnet ennå. Anbefales! Ps-litt mye støy fra bar for oss som bodde i 7 etg, men har godt sovehjerte. Ok frokost. Kunne vært noe bedre utvalg, men nok av sitteplasser og fin utsikt over plassen utenfor hotellet.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Hyvä tasokas hotelli"
Loistava terassi katolla, rento meininki ja tarjoilu pelasi. Myös hotellin aamupala oli hyvä ja monipuolinen. Vastaanoton henkilökunta oli ystävällistä. Sain sieltä hyviä vinkkejä ravintoloista ja nähtävyyksistä Voin suositella hotellia vilpittömästi. Rahalle löytyy vastiketta.
4 night romance trip May 4, 2015
Pekka
FI
"Room Mate Oscar Madrid"
Coolt hotell som ligger väldigt centralt. Det enda negativa är den fantastiska takterrassen lockar väldigt många Madrid-bor så att den oftast var väldigt full
4 night romance trip Apr 1, 2015
SE
"Anbefales"
veldig bra, anbefaler alle. Fin frokost og beliggenhet. Hyggelig betjening og fine, rene rom.
4 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
Gunn
"Some annoying things about this hotel"
The hotel was nice and clean but... ... I think this is the first hotel I´ve stayed at where the staff does not greet you, or even look at you when you return to the hotel in the night. ... WARNING there is a public terrace bar on the rooftop but no exclusive elevator for the hotel guests, which means you will have to wait a loooooong time to get access to it. Sometimes we had to take the stairs 6 floors, because the elevator was simply to occupied. This was very annoying. ... If you think you will be able to take a dip in the pool, rethink if you are traveling outside high season (June-Sept). The weather was amazing and hot in early April when we were there, but the pool was closed. One very nice service was that you can borrow a 3G/Wifi sender for free, which means you have internet connection to your phone all day.
5 night romance trip Apr 1, 2015
Håkan
SE
"VOLVERIA"
Trato muy agradable por parte de todo el personal del hotel. Situado cerca del metro de Gran Vía lo que te acerca a cualquier parte de la ciudad. Si volviera a alojarme en Madrid lo elegiría de nuevo
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
MARIO
"Comentario constructivo"
Siento decir que calidad precio no me gusto mucho Me defraudo mucho la habitación
1 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
Francisco javier
ES
Hotel ottimamente posizionato in pieno centro, comodissimo a servizi di trasporto e mete turistiche più frequentate, sconsigliato a chi viaggia con auto propria. Personale cortese, disponibile e professionale; colazione a buffet più che soddisfacente. Arredamenti ed ambienti che destano un po' di sorpresa per la loro originalità, ma ben tenuti e puliti. Stanza assegnata piuttosto piccola, ma non esageratamente. Unico difetto la rumorosità della stanza, con muro divisorio sul pozzetto degli ascensori.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
IT
"나쁘지않다"
위치,쾌적함,조식,가격 모두 맘에 들었다! 그러나 마지막 체크아웃할때 이미 예약했던 가격보다 45유로 더 요구하였다! 체크인할때 우리방보다 더 좋은방이 1박에 15유로 더 비싼데 업그레이드 묻길래 우린 더 저렴한 방을 찾는다고 이야기 했는데도 불구하고 좋은방을 주고 체크아웃할때 생각지도 못한 돈을 내서 참 불쾌했다!
3 night family trip Feb 9, 2015
mihye
KR
"SIENTETE COMO EN TU CASA"
COMO SIEMPRE LA ESTANCIA FENOMENAL Y EL PERSONAL EXCEPCIONAL ES UNA DELICIA EL ESTAR ALOJADO EN EL HOTEL.
1 night trip with friends Feb 13, 2015
ROBERTO
ES
Sehr schönes modernes Hotel, freundliche Mitarbeiter und direkt im Zentrum. Sehr netter Aufenthalt für eine Nacht.
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
Claudio
DE
"Agradavel"
O quarto é confortável, banheiro grande e o café muito agradável. O pessoal da recepção extremamente educados e gentis, porém tem um bar do lado do hotel que pode incomodar caso voce tenha sono leve e queira dormir cedo, já que este bar não fica até muito tarde. Voce pode ficar impressionado pelo corredor dos quartos e são escuros e só tem a luz dos numeros dos quartos que são coloridos.
3 night romance trip Feb 1, 2015
Randal
BR
"Gutes Hotel in ziemlich zentraler Lage"
Für einen Städte-Tripp optimal! Gleich an der gran via. Ziemlich Zentral dieses Hotel von wo man überall optimal hinkommt. Personal sehr nett.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
DE
"Muy céntrico y buen servicio en general"
Buena situación y habitaciones con un buen tamaño y tranquilidad
Other trip Feb 9, 2015