All hotels in Avon by the Sea, New Jersey, United States of America
322 Sylvania Avenue, Avon by the Sea, NJ, 07717, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

TripAdvisor reviews for Avon Manor Inn

"In Need of repairs"
04/19/15 chipndip5252 Catasauqua, Pennsylvania
A friend of mine and I stayed there one night in April. We stayed on the 3rd Floor ( can not remember the room # ). We had no water pressure or hot water ( not even warm) to shower. We told the owner ( ? ) about it and she said she'd tell her boss. Huh? Wall paper and paint in several areas were starting to come off the wall. Porch is in need of major repair . The community fridge on the 3rd was propped up and almost fell over when I went to put something in it. Our room was clean and the bed and single Futon was comfortable . Other areas in the place weren't as clean but I would not say filthy.
"In need of TLC"
11/12/14 Aida E Wayne, New Jersey
The Inn would have been a quaint lovely place except for the upkeep. It was not clean. You could tell the minute you walk up because the front door and the windows were filthy. Rugs need cleaning. The room we stayed in was not clean. The smoke detector had a bag wrapped around it. I had a Bed & Breakfast gift card but was told that I needed to put the amount on my credit card and the amount of the gift card would be deducted at the end of the week. I am still waiting for that credit. I have called several times and have been promised that they would take care of it and I am still waiting (my stay was in September). If you like cleanliness, this is not the place for you.
"Not great!"
07/23/14 ellen d Morristown, New Jersey
Recently stayed at the Avon Manor Inn and was disappointed! I think its a case of collecting money and putting nothing back into the property. The inn is very dated. Our room was not clean. I'm sure that room hasn't seen any hot soapy water in a long time. Behind the bed there was a baseboard heater that was filthy. I'm sure the rug had not been vacuumed in a very long time. We found about 5 bobby pins on the rug that we stepped on. The landscaping in the front and rear look neglected. The other houses in the area are beautiful with well maintained grounds. Nothing has been done here in a long time. I wish I could say more positives but the only positive is the location.
"Awesome Place to Stay"
07/14/14 Tami A
Stayed over the 4th of July weekend and what a cute charming B & B . Was recommended to us and they were right, a great little getaway. From the moment we entered the Inn and was greeted by Jason we felt like we were at home. Him and his staff were so accomodating and such a pleasure to be around. They attended to our every need ( Although we didn't really need anything) everything was right there for you. Great beach, excellent restaurants. Thank you Jason and your Staff - job well done
"What a lovely little house!"
06/23/14 Homechef01 Greater Metro NYC
My husband and I just spent a wonderful week on the Jersey shore. We rented the House at 322 which is part of the Avon Manor Inn. We learned about it online at Bringfido and it worked out well for us. Jason was very accommodating and the house was very clean when we arrived. Being able to bring our two wheaten terriers for the week was definitely a bonus. The Avon area is very charming and victorian - and this house fits right in. Older shore charm - wide plank floors, quirky steps and a sweeping large outdoor porch was all we needed. In walking distance to the beach, beach badges included, plenty of on street parking, outdoor shower, appointed kitchen and central air! Yes, its a little older and a little worn - but for this area, it's really part of the charm. The house came with beds made, basic paper and soap, towels - and a stackable washer/dryer. The neighborhood is so quaint and quiet. So close to some great restaurants and shops. Walk to Cave up the street. We will definitely be back!!
"Never Again"
05/13/14 Jamiebunny Matawan, New Jersey
Worst experience of my life. Payed over $200 per night to be bossed around and then ignored by the mysterious manager "Jason". Claims to want to help but does not even have proper staff cleaning the rooms. I found a condom in the bed. Do not stay here EVER!!!'
"Terrible management"
03/08/14 JOHN S Scotch Plains, New Jersey
The so called inn keeper who is "around the premises" was no where to be found. The guy who awnsered prentends to be 3 different people. You can change your name but not your voice "jason". Had appointment to meet for wedding but no one was there and was totally blown off. I would never recommend this place to anyone and have spread the word to massive amount of people in area.
"An unexpected delight"
11/25/13 G_Winar New York City, New York
My husband and I found Avon Manor online, when we were visiting friends on the shore. We only stayed a night, but wished we had been able to stay longer. Our hosts were gracious, our room well-appointed, the fire pit & wine on the back deck inviting, and the coffee pot happily full in the morning. We were so happy to have discovered this warm, welcoming inn, and look forward to visiting again.
"great find"
09/27/13 jschreffler53 Montgomery, Pennsylvania
My husband and I decided at the last minute to go the shore. Found Avon Manor Inn on the internet. Great off season rate. The room on the third floor was so cute. Room was clean, nice bathroom, bed comfortable. TV in room. There was a great area on the first floor with TV, games, books, and fire place. The porch was beautiful. The fire pit on back porch that my husband and I had our glass of wine by the first night we were there. The breakfast was flexible from 8:30 to 10:00. There was lots of choices for breakfast and we could not finish the amount of food we got. So they kept it for us and we had lunch from the leftovers. they have towels for the beach, beach chairs. You have to have a beach pass to go on the beach at Avon by the sea during peak season. Only one block from the beach. You will get a pass during the peak season if you stay at this B&B. So I do recommend this B&B.
"Stayed There Years Ago, Knew Someone who Worked There"
08/29/13 Kathryn B NJ
I stayed there years ago and Greg owned it. Prices are way too high and the place is soooo dated. It needs updating desperately. The ONLY good thing about it is the location to the beach. The pictures that are posted are from when he bought the place. The back yard is disgusting and there is no firepit and flowers. The koi pond is tiny and neglected. I grew up in Avon and trust me, it is not worth a dime to stay at this INN. Everything about it is money. Everything is old and the kitchen is gross. Stay somewhere else in Avon. Trust me.