All hotels in Avon by the Sea, New Jersey, United States of America
You can collect® Rewards nights here
322 Sylvania Avenue, Avon by the Sea, NJ, 07717, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

TripAdvisor reviews for Avon Manor Inn

"Beautiful location, lacks charm of B&B"
09/21/15 travelgirl2082 delaware
In our opinion the charm of a B&B is the interaction you have with fellow guests and the innkeeper. The Avon Manor has a policy whereby you pay an extra $30 plus tax if you want breakfast and $2.50 if you just want a cup of coffee....a teacup is what is available. The room alone in September was $160 plus tax of $19. The innkeeper appeared after we entered the lobby and called him on the house phone. He collected our money and was never seen again. The Inn is located just one block from the beach in a lovely neighborhood of Victorian style homes and has a large sitting porch with rockers and a hammock. However, the three days we were there, the porch was littered with empty wine, beer and water bottles which were never cleaned up. Additionally, the inn provides beach chairs and bicycles to for use during your stay. Our room was fair at best. The fireplace had a high pilot light that put off quite a bit of heat. The window air conditioner did only a fair job of cooling the space. The bathroom was painfully small and the bed old and bouncy, not great for sleeping. I do think with better management and a little updating, the inn could be a wonderful place to stay but under current management we would not return.
"Avon Manor Cottage"
08/20/15 mrisabel77 Westfield, New Jersey
I rented the Avon Manor Cottage for one night - we were 5 adults and 3 kids. The house is located directly behind the Avon Manor B&B. It is roomy and clean. It's close to the beach (only 5-10 minute slow walk (with kids)). When traveling with children, it's nice to have an option to have meals in as opposed to always having to go to a restaurant. The rental included beach badges and we were able to park nearby (we went on a weekday). This Cottage met all our needs and I would rent again for a beach-get-away -- only I would stay for at least two nights -- there's too much to do at the Jersey shore to stay only one night!
"Lovely owner, great location, could use some refreshing."
08/03/15 Mary Alice C Maplewood, New Jersey, United States
There are many, many pluses to this B&B in Avon by the Sea and a few updates that could be made. The pluses - amazing inn keeper who clearly likes her guests and her job. She ensured that my young kids and I felt welcome even though we aren't her typical guest - clearly she caters to couples and not families - but we felt very welcome. The breakfast was made to order and wonderful with special "cakes" that she makes. There were also bikes, chairs and boogy boards galore to borrow as well as a tiny putting green in the back. Outdoor shower with warm water was a wonderful unexpected perk and the front porch is fantastic. Also, located just a block and a half to the beach, the location is fantastic. Some updates are needed, however. I will never know why Victorian is thought to be a good choice for B&Bs. The fussy decor collects dust in any home and this B&B is no exception. The rugs could use a good cleaning or replacing. Our bathroom had a funky smell that never went away (Room #7) and made me question how clean the room was even though it looked very clean. We were thrilled the inn accommodated us for one night as that is nearly IMPOSSIBLE at the shore in August (not their normal policy but we were able to jump on a cancellation). Overall, we liked our stay but would really love to see some refreshes at this property.
"In Need of repairs"
04/19/15 chipndip5252 Catasauqua, Pennsylvania
A friend of mine and I stayed there one night in April. We stayed on the 3rd Floor ( can not remember the room # ). We had no water pressure or hot water ( not even warm) to shower. We told the owner ( ? ) about it and she said she'd tell her boss. Huh? Wall paper and paint in several areas were starting to come off the wall. Porch is in need of major repair . The community fridge on the 3rd was propped up and almost fell over when I went to put something in it. Our room was clean and the bed and single Futon was comfortable . Other areas in the place weren't as clean but I would not say filthy.
"In need of TLC"
11/12/14 Aida E Wayne, New Jersey
The Inn would have been a quaint lovely place except for the upkeep. It was not clean. You could tell the minute you walk up because the front door and the windows were filthy. Rugs need cleaning. The room we stayed in was not clean. The smoke detector had a bag wrapped around it. I had a Bed & Breakfast gift card but was told that I needed to put the amount on my credit card and the amount of the gift card would be deducted at the end of the week. I am still waiting for that credit. I have called several times and have been promised that they would take care of it and I am still waiting (my stay was in September). If you like cleanliness, this is not the place for you.
"Not great!"
07/23/14 ellen d Morristown, New Jersey
Recently stayed at the Avon Manor Inn and was disappointed! I think its a case of collecting money and putting nothing back into the property. The inn is very dated. Our room was not clean. I'm sure that room hasn't seen any hot soapy water in a long time. Behind the bed there was a baseboard heater that was filthy. I'm sure the rug had not been vacuumed in a very long time. We found about 5 bobby pins on the rug that we stepped on. The landscaping in the front and rear look neglected. The other houses in the area are beautiful with well maintained grounds. Nothing has been done here in a long time. I wish I could say more positives but the only positive is the location.
"Awesome Place to Stay"
07/14/14 Tami A
Stayed over the 4th of July weekend and what a cute charming B & B . Was recommended to us and they were right, a great little getaway. From the moment we entered the Inn and was greeted by Jason we felt like we were at home. Him and his staff were so accomodating and such a pleasure to be around. They attended to our every need ( Although we didn't really need anything) everything was right there for you. Great beach, excellent restaurants. Thank you Jason and your Staff - job well done
"What a lovely little house!"
06/23/14 Homechef01 Greater Metro NYC
My husband and I just spent a wonderful week on the Jersey shore. We rented the House at 322 which is part of the Avon Manor Inn. We learned about it online at Bringfido and it worked out well for us. Jason was very accommodating and the house was very clean when we arrived. Being able to bring our two wheaten terriers for the week was definitely a bonus. The Avon area is very charming and victorian - and this house fits right in. Older shore charm - wide plank floors, quirky steps and a sweeping large outdoor porch was all we needed. In walking distance to the beach, beach badges included, plenty of on street parking, outdoor shower, appointed kitchen and central air! Yes, its a little older and a little worn - but for this area, it's really part of the charm. The house came with beds made, basic paper and soap, towels - and a stackable washer/dryer. The neighborhood is so quaint and quiet. So close to some great restaurants and shops. Walk to Cave up the street. We will definitely be back!!
"Never Again"
05/13/14 Jamiebunny Matawan, New Jersey
Worst experience of my life. Payed over $200 per night to be bossed around and then ignored by the mysterious manager "Jason". Claims to want to help but does not even have proper staff cleaning the rooms. I found a condom in the bed. Do not stay here EVER!!!'
"Terrible management"
03/08/14 JOHN S Scotch Plains, New Jersey
The so called inn keeper who is "around the premises" was no where to be found. The guy who awnsered prentends to be 3 different people. You can change your name but not your voice "jason". Had appointment to meet for wedding but no one was there and was totally blown off. I would never recommend this place to anyone and have spread the word to massive amount of people in area.
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect’s position. Neither nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews