All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
207 5th Ave, San Diego, CA, 92101, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great getaway location."
I really enjoyed my stay at the Hard Rock Hotel. It was quiet at night and no disturbances. Also in great location.
3 night trip Jun 14, 2015
Gerard
It was just okay. This place needs an upgrade to the video system. Small TV in the room and very slow remote device. I wasn't thrilled with the shower arrangement as the water on the rain head was hard to control. Overall this was a rather mediocre hotel for the high price they charged. Oh by the way, they charged me $45.00/day to park my car.
2 night business trip Jun 15, 2015
"good"
Room very cleam, Employees helpful, roo a little smal for the $300 price
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
hector
"Highly recommend King Suite."
Comfortable and unique room layout with all the perks of the Hard Rock genre. Accommodating, amiable and courteous staff the entire weekend stay. Room service breakfast was delicious. Perfect location. Will stay again if the room rate is right.
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Justin
"No complaints!"
Wonderfully Service.....I was apparently given a room with a parking lot View, but I never looked so hot, I never looked out the window....
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
"Great stay for a group!"
Stayed here for a fun night with friends. Queen suite was a decent size, clean and had great views. Spent most of our time in the hotel pool/hot tub which was not overly crowded on a Thursday night compared to my weekend stays here before.
1 night trip with friends Jun 4, 2015
"Super star room."
Great location, frendly staff and amazing room.
1 night business trip Jun 2, 2015
angel
"nice"
Nice room, nice hotel,nice staff, valet parking way overpriced. We got massages at the spa and they were not good.
2 night romance trip Jun 2, 2015
Alysa
"Loud party house"
Do not stay here if you like to sleep at night. Loud parties most nights. My last night a very loud party went until 5 AM next door. I called security 3 times but it didn't stop. Another morning there was broken glass and confetti in the hall. Beautiful hotel and perfect location, but bad choice for trying to get rest at night.
6 night business trip May 26, 2015
Dale
"Stayed for a bachelorette party"
Parking is a little frustrating, sign says valet only then costs $45 a night. Next time we will de finally use the self park across the st. Overall great stay
1 night family trip May 29, 2015
Kelly R
"Relax in the city"
Spent two nights at the hotel and accommodations were great, staff nice.
2 night romance trip May 27, 2015
Alberta
"Great hotel...great location!!!"
Staff were very courteous. The pool area was great. Proximity to nightlife was awesome!
2 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
Carla
Great everything. Will definitely be back. Everybody was friendly and helpful. Great liquor selection at both bars. Perfect location.
Other trip May 24, 2015
"Cubs Game"
The Hotel was awesome! The Staff were very friendly and professional. The decor was very modern and looked awesome!
Other trip May 24, 2015
Tony
"Great weekend"
Stayed for our anniversary. Staff was uber friendly and they upgraded us to a suite. Great sushi restaurant in the lobby and right in gaslamp quarter.
1 night romance trip May 12, 2015
Catherine
"Club 207"
The staff at 207 were awful. The women who stamped our hands was nice, but the server was terrible. Only five people were in the club, you would think they would want you to order a drink.
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Best Hotel in San Diego gas lamp district"
Good and friendly staff! Location, location, location! Gas lamp district.... And you can use next door as parking for a day and is cheap..$14 max daily.
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
"Nice very clean"
Very professional staff, clean clean clean. Very good location to access the nightlife in San Diego gaslamp district. Quiet room if you get a corner room.
Other trip May 10, 2015
Ruben
"Needs a tune up"
Nice perks like renting a Fender or a bike, but seems a little outdated for being a hotel that is trying to be "cool". Having music okay when I open my door doesn't quite do that.
2 night business trip May 6, 2015
"Hard rock, rocks"
Great place to stay valet guys are super nice gas lamp neighborhood is awesome tons of good spots and it right next to petco park. We enjoyed the room and would definitely go back it's a nice and fun place
2 night romance trip May 6, 2015
"Friendly Service"
The most friendly hotel that I've ever stayed in.
1 night trip May 1, 2015
Juan
"Padres game+Gaslamp=Fun"
great location. Friendly professional staff
1 night trip with friends Apr 28, 2015
peter
Pleasant and right across the street from the Convention Center and restaurants.
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
"Not Customer Friendly"
One of the BIG reasons we chose to stay at Hardrock was their pool/bar facility. In the day of check-in we went to the pool and were denied entry as the facility had been rented out for a PRIVATE PARTY!!! So paying guests at over $200.00 a night don't COUNT. Well, we should COUNT. COUNT me out.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
"A Moment in Time"
Outstanding!
1 night trip with friends Apr 23, 2015
ERIC
"Nice get away!"
Great location! close to good restaurants, night life, convention center, harbor etc.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Edna
"Not right for you if you plan to sleep"
Fun hotel, great service but if you are a business traveler or anyone in need a good night's sleep, this is not the hotel for you. The hotel did a really poor job in sound proofing, so you hear everything! There is a night club over the pool and downstairs. I would recommend asking for a room on a high floor that doesn't overlook the pool area. The hotel really should have ear plugs in every room and should warn guests if they are going to be having a DJ out at the pool until 2am.
1 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
"Didn't Love it"
If you are looking for a party hotel then this is the place for you. The hotel turns into party central over the weekend with a nightclub. The pool is a big party on Sunday. I was there for a conference and would have liked a more relaxing setting. I also didn't like that on Tuesday they allowed someone to rent out the entire pool area and didn't tell hotel guests it would be closed. It was frustrating to leave what I was doing, put on the swimsuit and sunscreen to only find out the pool was closed when I got to it. It would have been easy for the hotel to notify guests of the situation in advance. The room walls are also very thin, so you will hear everything in the hallway. Not a good choice for families or business travelers. Excellent option for those looking to party hard on the weekend.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
"Loved it!"
There on a conference - everything was perfect!!!
4 night business trip Apr 7, 2015
cynthia
"It isn't thr HRH Vegas"
The place was ok, but not all that. Denied entrance to the hotel bar (not the club) as a guest, due to a baseball cap, 20 minutes after the game that brought us to the hotel in the first place and the hotel is right at the park...that was weird. And the pool is a postage stamp size with a very odd bar layout. It was ok, but not what we'd hoped for, I know nothing will be as good as a Vegas pool, but we expected more than a puddle.
2 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2015
Morrison
Great stay and centrally located. awesome pool and hot tub
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Perfect spot!! Parking- prepare to valet for 45 bucks!!!
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Excellent hotel and great statf"
Had a great experience at the hard Rock hotel in gas lamp district. The staff and location are great
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"Excellent location"
We could not have selected a better location. Right in the heart of the Gaslamp District within walking distance to great restaurants, stores, PetCo Stadium, viewd of the water, etc. Had a great breakfast at MaryJanes -- great sticky bun and tasty hashbrown with an omlette. The bellstaff was very helpful in pointing out their favorite restaurants and providing solid directions. Thanks for a great stay.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"EXCELLENT!!!"
Warm welcoming staff just a great place to be everything you need is their great food, entertainment, well appointed rooms ..you don't even need to leave the hotel it's all there everything you need for an incredible weekend.
renee
"Great Stay and Location"
The hotel was great overall. There were some issues at first with getting there during the time of check-in. The street was blocked where I was to turn into to get to the hotel, and I had to go around a few times just to find the right place to turn since there are so many one way streets and other blocked off areas. Other than that, the staff was excellent and friendly, any time we needed something or had a question they were a phone call away to help us with our needs. The beds were so comfortable it is was so easy to fall asleep. I really like how there's a pool party but there really isn't enough pool or places to lounge when so many people going during those social hours.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Great for a Bachelotte weekend!"
Everything was great! The only issue we had was at the pool. It's super small & the seating is terrible. My group had been in an "open" seating area for 3 hours when we told to move. The first guy who spoke with us was a jerk but the manager did his job. He was able to find another spot for my group. And our weekend continued without any other interruptions. We all left with great memories!!
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Nice location. Both bars played the same style of music (bad) had to leave the Hard Rock to find Rock
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
I had an amazing time!!!! I brought In my birthday the way I wanted to and would come back to the hard rock again. The staff was great and made me feel like I was at home
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
We picked this hotel for its price and location. The hotel staff who checked us in was very pleasant. We had a good night sleep.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Happy Gal
"Business as usual"
Great hotel.... great location.... friendly staff.
5 night business trip Mar 25, 2015
"great location - very friendly staff"
will return - everything great --- did take a while to be acknowlegded and served at the pool bar about 5pm
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Ooooh, That Smell"
Stayed here four nights to attend a convention at the convention center nearby. The location is pretty good for this purpose, except you have to cross railroad/trolley lines and a very busy Harbor Drive to get to the convention center. This is not so at other close hotels like the Marriott. Check in is slow. Be prepared. The staff is friendly and competent but they are obviously slowed down by their computer system and requirements to ask you about your music preference and other b.s. This hotel needs more front desk staff. I never saw all the stations full. (Also, concierge was often absent, which meant little to me because I was working the whole time during my visit.) The room was very modern, shower and toilet in separate little booths. Pretty cool, actually. Bed was comfy and pillows excellent. TV worked OK if slow between channels. As a classical music guy, I did not check out the free guitars, etc. I did go up to the Float, the 4th floor open pool, hot tub, bar area. Pretty nice if a bit cramped when full of young folks. Good scene if you are 25, not so great if you are 60. And now to the smell. Yep, that smell. I don't mean weed but an odd mixture of sewage, decay, and car air freshener. The hall way on my floor had it throughout. Luckily, it was less near my room and so inside my room it was OK most of the time. Sometimes, my room ventilation system would put out air freshener odor. Strong. Lastly, elevators were sometimes out of order.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
MadisonGrog
"Wasn't impressed"
The whole hotel smelled like sulfar
1 night trip with friends Mar 19, 2015
Great hotel in a great location. Perfect place to stay for a bachelor party. We were in the heart of downtown, and all bars/restaurants we wanted to go to were within walking distance. Highly recommend this hotel for anyone. The amenities and service were outstanding as well.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Great location, party atmosphere"
The location of this hotel is perfect to the Gaslamp quarter. The rooms are modern and comfortable. This hotel caters to a party atmosphere so if you're looking for a quiet night stay at your own risk. The staff are super accommodating and when we were first placed in a room next to a suite with a big party happening they were very quick to move us 2 floors down and away from them. There were still late night revelers in the hallway coming back after a night of fun and while their episodes were brief there were many. Our room was incredibly comfortable and with the location where it is we did have a great weekend. Our lack of sleep is at no fault to the hotel and if we were staying in SD for a party we'd come back here.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
KayaB
"great location and at"
I come to san diego all the time. Hard rock is the perfect get away. Its in a perfect location to all the bars, shopping, and restaurants.
2 night romance trip Mar 10, 2015
"Hotel is great customer service needs work."
My only complaint is customer service needs improvement. My keys kept getting demagnetized (mind you my phone was not near me) having to keep going to downstairs to fix this issue was annoying.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"Not enough information"
The information about the hotel bars was incorrect. We went there to party at Float and it was closed for a private party and there was no mention of that anywhere.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
RED
"Hard Rock Hotel Review"
Very clean and beautiful.. rooms were kinda small but very chic.. The bathroom was the best part of the room. I did not like all the candy, alcohol and drinks on display for purchase in the room and they filled up the fridge with their merchandise and left no room for things i brought that needed to be refrigerated.. other then that the stay was lovely.. and the staff was really friendly.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015